PDA

View Full Version : Last Album You Bought

degenerated
20-09-2021, 08:55 AM
Plenty threads on new music and what people are listening to now, but what was the last album (old or new) that everyone bought.

The last one I bought was a first press of the Small Faces self titled second album on Immediate records. Bizarrely it appeared in a search for punk vinyl on eBay and I managed to bag it for the princely sum of £18, given it's a pretty rare record these days that's a good price - assuming it's a decent copy.

Dalianwanda
20-09-2021, 09:25 AM
I buy 99% of my music on bandcamp..Really enjoying Ocean Bridges by Damu The Fudgemonk, Archie Shepp and Raw Poetic…

degenerated
20-09-2021, 09:51 AM
I buy 99% of my music on bandcamp..Really enjoying Ocean Bridges by Damu The Fudgemonk, Archie Shepp and Raw Poetic…Just listened to learning to breath and tulips and they sounded pretty good.

Hiber-nation
20-09-2021, 10:41 AM
I am absolutely toiling for new music now, got nearly 10,000 songs in my collection but played everything to death almost.

Trying to find stuff I missed first time round and the last download I bought was Fallow by The Weakerthans.

Frazerbob
20-09-2021, 02:47 PM
Inhaler - It Won’t Always Be Like This

The Modfather
20-09-2021, 03:10 PM
Plenty threads on new music and what people are listening to now, but what was the last album (old or new) that everyone bought.

The last one I bought was a first press of the Small Faces self titled second album on Immediate records. Bizarrely it appeared in a search for punk vinyl on eBay and I managed to bag it for the princely sum of £18, given it's a pretty rare record these days that's a good price - assuming it's a decent copy.

Bought two Martha Reeves & The Vandellas albums of Discogs the other day. Heat Wave & Dance Party.

The Modfather
20-09-2021, 03:12 PM
I buy 99% of my music on bandcamp..Really enjoying Ocean Bridges by Damu The Fudgemonk, Archie Shepp and Raw Poetic…

Bandcamp is great. I’ve got alerts for quite a few record labels on there. I love nothing more than trawling through music, on various sources, to find something new I like. Can easily lose hours doing so but really enjoy doing the grunt work and finding music, new or old, manually.

degenerated
20-09-2021, 03:41 PM
Bought two Martha Reeves & The Vandellas albums of Discogs the other day. Heat Wave & Dance Party.Apart from the small faces one I've bought a few others either off eBay, discogs or direct from shops.

Chubby and the Gang - the mutts nuts
Distorted Truth - smashed hits
Rich kids on LSD - riches to rags
Leatherface - The Last

It's taken me years to get hold of that Leatherface album at a price I was willing to pay, now I finally have the full collection of their studio albums. Never get tired of listening them, brilliant band.

Key West
20-09-2021, 09:42 PM
Springtime In New York Box Set ( Bob Dylan ).

McD
20-09-2021, 10:20 PM
Myles Kennedy - The Ides of March

Dalianwanda
21-09-2021, 07:45 AM
Bandcamp is great. I’ve got alerts for quite a few record labels on there. I love nothing more than trawling through music, on various sources, to find something new I like. Can easily lose hours doing so but really enjoy doing the grunt work and finding music, new or old, manually.

Yeah although it can get kind of addictive :greengrin Had to pull myself back a bit as I was buying anything and everything. Its brilliant for opening yourself up to new types of music and its pretty rewarding knowing the artists are getting their fair share (especially on the commission free days). 3/4 of the music Ive bought on bandcamp is a direct result of me finding the music there with no idea who the artist was previously.

Hiber-nation
21-09-2021, 08:22 AM

Must give that a listen, I'm not much of a hard rock fan these days but I love his vocals with Alter Bridge.

Bangkok Hibby
21-09-2021, 09:59 AM

Glad I gave it more than 30 seconds as I absolutely hate the whispered intro. Great track though.

G15 Hibs
21-09-2021, 10:36 AM
Yesterday I spend £100+ on a pre-order of the new Faust 1971 - 1974 box set. I'm still feeling ok about it now, I'd imagine the guilt and regret will kick in over the coming days.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-09-2021, 11:48 AM
Dark Matters, by The Stranglers.

Pre-ordered to get the limited blood red vinyl. IMO its their best album since Rattus Norvegicus. Superb.

McD
21-09-2021, 11:57 AM
Must give that a listen, I'm not much of a hard rock fan these days but I love his vocals with Alter Bridge.

probably my favourite singer, so versatile. His original solo album is pretty acoustic, really great

Glad I gave it more than 30 seconds as I absolutely hate the whispered intro. Great track though.

aye the title track isn’t my favourite, but there’s some other cracking tracks on the album

degenerated
21-09-2021, 04:34 PM
Dark Matters, by The Stranglers.

Pre-ordered to get the limited blood red vinyl. IMO its their best album since Rattus Norvegicus. Superb.Had a listen to it on Spotify, very good album. :agree:

O'Rourke3
21-09-2021, 08:02 PM
Last. Boy from Michegan by John Grant. One I hadnt listened to in decades and bought same tjme, 461 Ocean Boulevard Eric Clapton.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Dalianwanda
22-09-2021, 08:18 AM
This thread has got me purchasing again after I’d weaned myself off! Just got Horishi Yoshimura’s - Green (SFX) album. The Green album is an absolute masterpiece. Ambient but joyful and uplifting in equal measures. Can’t recommend enough if you want something to chill to.

The SFX version i just got ive not listened to but from what i have has some field recordings added. I’d go with the original as it’s so clean and spacious.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2021, 05:11 PM
I racked my brain for ages yesterday, and i still cant remember the last album i bought. Everything i own now is digital, i think i last physically bought an album early 90s.:confused:

CropleyWasGod
24-09-2021, 05:12 PM
New Alabama 3 album, just now.😆

Kato
24-09-2021, 08:57 PM
Mexican Institite of Sound - Disco Popular. New album out now as well, Distrito Federal.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
24-09-2021, 09:35 PM
I drive alot with work and although I use spotify alot my car still has a CD player and thats what I use to listen to music when im travelling, currenly have as many Cds as Ive ever had buying them on ebay and charity shops. catching back up with my youth :greengrin last albums I bought The The Infected and Fat Pop Paul Wellers latest offering.

Dalianwanda
28-09-2021, 01:36 PM
Got Space Africa’s ‘Honest Labour’ album…Really enjoying it after a few listens..Hard to define though if you like Burial I’d say it’s worth checking out.

Hermit Crab
28-09-2021, 05:16 PM
Last album I bought? Madonna - Celebration on iTunes. Superb. She's still so hot these days too!! :drool:

degenerated
28-09-2021, 05:39 PM
Got myself the new Amyl & The Sniffers album "Comfort To Me" and the Chats album from last year "High Risk Behaviour"

Both really good pub rock/garage punk albums and both bands clearly influenced by the likes of the Cosmic Psychos, early Hard-ons stuff, The Onyas and Radio Birdman.

Dalianwanda
28-09-2021, 05:42 PM
Got myself the new Amyl & The Sniffers album "Comfort To Me" and the Chats album from last year "High Risk Behaviour"

Both really good pub rock/garage punk albums and both bands clearly influenced by the likes of the Cosmic Psychos, early Hard-ons stuff, The Onyas and Radio Birdman.

Great band name what ever they sound like :greengrin

degenerated
28-09-2021, 06:05 PM
Great band name what ever they sound like :greengrin:hilarious

Dalianwanda
03-10-2021, 08:48 AM
Doing a bit of swatting up for a festival were having here in Sligo in November....Just bough 'Fad' an album by a Dublin band called the Silverbacks, its really good..Not my normal cup of tea but if you like Fontains DC/cribs/strokes Id say you'll like it. You can also get a whiff off Girl Band (best band bar non to come out of Ireland in recent years) in bits as its produced by their drummer.

Keith_M
03-10-2021, 09:20 AM
Alchemy by Dire Straits, which I think I bought in 1986.

Then Jason and Kylie released 'Especially For You' and I knew music was dead, so I got other interests.

grunt
03-10-2021, 10:08 AM
Alchemy by Dire Straits, which I think I bought in 1986. Then Jason and Kylie released 'Especially For You' and I knew music was dead, so I got other interests.
I can't imagine a life without music.

bigwheel
03-10-2021, 11:48 AM
I can't imagine a life without music.

I’m the same ..in-fact a few friends were discussing football vs music recently . The question posed was if you could only have one in your life what would it be - for me I’d had to choose music ..so important part of my life

Hiber-nation
03-10-2021, 12:00 PM
I’m the same ..in-fact a few friends were discussing football vs music recently . The question posed was if you could only have one in your life what would it be - for me I’d had to choose music ..so important part of my life

I'm the same. When I feel I'm running out of music to listen to it really stresses me.

Peevemor
03-10-2021, 12:04 PM
I’m the same ..in-fact a few friends were discussing football vs music recently . The question posed was if you could only have one in your life what would it be - for me I’d had to choose music ..so important part of my life100%

I have music on in my head all the time. If I'm out walking somewhere on my own I'll often go through complete songs in my head (it's probably about 30 years since I used head/earphones outside).

I share an open plan office with 3 other people (it's huge, about 200m²), and I often have them in stitches with some of the stuff they hear me humming or singing to myself - I have very eclectic tastes.

I also play music (mainly bagpipes) and people are always amazed that I never practice at home, but I don't have too. If I'm learning new stuff it's in my head non stop and my fingers will often be going too - on a pen, against my leg, wherever.

I hate to think what will come into my head if the music ever makes way.

Bangkok Hibby
03-10-2021, 01:19 PM

Music has been the most important non family thing in my life. Just lately its got a new lease of life, as, in my old age I'm now loving stuff I ridiculed as a "too cool for that crap" teenager.
Currently lapping up sixties hits, Elvis, Motown. Wish I hadn't been such a closed minded music snob when I was younger. Ah we all mature eh? 😃

Dalianwanda
03-10-2021, 07:07 PM
great it’s so important to you all… what’s the last album bought 😊

Hiber-nation
03-10-2021, 08:18 PM

The Stage Names by Okkervil River. Didn't think I liked them much but their stuff really grows on you.

Bangkok Hibby
04-10-2021, 05:01 AM

I lead a very minimalist life now. Dont own much. Spotify has everything I need.

bigwheel
04-10-2021, 06:28 AM
great it’s so important to you all… what’s the last album bought [emoji4]

Three last week - Walter jackson , Martha reeves and Patti La Belle

grunt
04-10-2021, 08:28 AM
Karine Polwart and Dave Milligan, Still as Your Sleeping. Lovely album.

Dalianwanda
04-10-2021, 12:26 PM
The Stage Names by Okkervil River. Didn't think I liked them much but their stuff really grows on you.

Had a wee listen earlier, not my normal thing but a nice start to the day type tunes :greengrin

Dalianwanda
04-10-2021, 12:27 PM
I lead a very minimalist life now. Dont own much. Spotify has everything I need.

Im similar though I do like to give the artists something through bandcamp so they can keep on creating

Green Man
04-10-2021, 04:45 PM
I’m not sure what the last physical album I bought was, I think it was one of Maximo Park’s more recent albums as I have a couple of signed ones. Last album I paid to download was by The Super Moons, a local band whose singer I’m mates with (and is a big Hibby).

degenerated
05-10-2021, 07:36 AM
great it’s so important to you all… what’s the last album bought [emoji4]Screeching Weasel's second album Boogada Boogada Boogada, on the the lookout records reissue from '92. Quite a tricky record to get at decent price. I stuck a bid in of £26 on eBay and expected it to go for at least double that or more, pleasantly surprised to find I'd won [emoji16]

One of my favourite bands of the 90s and surprised that they remained relatively obscure during a period in time where punk became so huge, epitomised by their label mates Green Day.

https://youtu.be/o96rzZ9oJrs

Dalianwanda
12-10-2021, 06:53 PM
My mates pretty prolific and always seems to have two or three projects on go. Generally left field electronic music. This is his latest release which Id say is the best thing hes done...Walked up & over the mountain behind my gaff with this in my ears & it was an absolute joy https://countersunk.bandcamp.com/album/two-moon-junction

.Sean.
13-10-2021, 09:09 AM
The Professionals new album, SNAFU, is brilliant

degenerated
13-10-2021, 05:36 PM
The Professionals new album, SNAFU, is brilliantI'll need to check that out, always liked their first album.

.Sean.
13-10-2021, 07:46 PM
I'll need to check that out, always liked their first album.
Different line up of course, their last album, the first of the new incarnation of the band, is also very good

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-10-2021, 06:40 AM
Different line up of course, their last album, the first of the new incarnation of the band, is also very good

First listen reminded me of The US Bombs.