PDA

View Full Version : Hibee Buzz

St.Kristopher
18-09-2021, 12:28 AM
We lucked out with Kenny Millar a while back, and the content was great. However, even then, I felt it was underfunded. However, it was nice to know the guy responsible for the messaging and content had been there in the tough times and good times with us.

Now it's different; the money is clearly being spent, the content is vast, and of a high standard. However, the whole change of personnel is jarring at the moment. I’d be critical if anyone else posted this, but none of these new faces (however competent) has a history with Hibernian. They are just learning, and I will give them time, but at the moment, it feels like we have hired a crew of talented actors to play Hibs fans.

The content is excellent, but it feels a bit like Angus Scott and the team could sign off. Then do another bit to camera or a VT about another club.

It's early days, but it would be good to have more guys like Gordon Smart involved to hold both our and the new guys' hands until it feels comfortable.

I also think they should all do the rounds on the Hibs fans podcasts, so we can get to know them and help them first get us, then become one of us.

CMurdoch
18-09-2021, 12:58 AM
It certainly feels perfectly plastic and bland.
Everything is great and fantastic.
All efficiency and no soul.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-09-2021, 06:56 AM
I thought it was Pretty good I was pleasantly surprised. Hate the name tho.

Ship Hibs
18-09-2021, 07:27 AM
Really enjoy this show, even with the hosts not being Hibbies it still brings you closer to the club, love that I can make a cuppa on a Saturday morning and put something like this on the tv. Honking name though!

norhfc
18-09-2021, 07:31 AM
Where can I find the show ?

Oscar T Grouch
18-09-2021, 07:34 AM
Where can I find the show ?

https://youtu.be/iN996fJDEVU

Oscar T Grouch
18-09-2021, 07:39 AM
I like it. Decent content and usually good Hibs related guests. I like the guys presenting it and I’m not that bothered they aren’t Born and bred Hibbies, they all show enthusiasm and interest in the club. I do miss that we don’t get the full press conference each week now and I hope they go back to putting them on the YouTube channel.

Since452
18-09-2021, 08:01 AM
Angus Scott is a high quality presenter.

norhfc
18-09-2021, 08:01 AM
https://youtu.be/iN996fJDEVU

Great, thanks.

SMAXXA
18-09-2021, 09:14 AM
I’d prefer we have high quality content and people that know what to do over shoehorning someone in because they are a Hibs fan. We need to move away from that mindset and get the best people for the job and if the club feel these guys are then I’m all for it.

JimBHibees
18-09-2021, 09:17 AM
I’d prefer we have high quality content and people that know what to do over shoehorning someone in because they are a Hibs fan. We need to move away from that mindset and get the best people for the job and if the club feel these guys are then I’m all for it.

I like it and the enthusiasm by the guys involved. Would also like the managers and player pre match press conference broadcast also as well as the buzz which I enjoy watching and the guests are good.

SMAXXA
18-09-2021, 09:19 AM
The content is excellent, but it feels a bit like Angus Scott and the team could sign off. Then do another bit to camera or a VT about another club.

Not sure what anyone would expect here to be honest pretty sure he can’t put food on the table production a half hour Hibs show. I get what you mean though in terms of the emotional side of it wanting Hibs people but realistically I don’t think it’s that important.

SMAXXA
18-09-2021, 09:20 AM
I like it and the enthusiasm by the guys involved. Would also like the managers and player pre match press conference broadcast also as well as the buzz which I enjoy watching and the guests are good.

I’m the same and no idea why they have taken away the press conference it’s the one thing I and probably most other fans look forward to in the lead up to a game. Silly decision and needs sorted ASAP IMO

JimBHibees
18-09-2021, 09:22 AM
I’m the same and no idea why they have taken away the press conference it’s the one thing I and probably most other fans look forward to in the lead up to a game. Silly decision and needs sorted ASAP IMO

Agree makes no sense they are totally different pieces of content and formats. More than enough space for both imo.

Since452
18-09-2021, 09:28 AM
Really miss the managers interview.

18-09-2021, 09:40 AM
I like it. Decent content and usually good Hibs related guests. I like the guys presenting it and I’m not that bothered they aren’t Born and bred Hibbies, they all show enthusiasm and interest in the club. I do miss that we don’t get the full press conference each week now and I hope they go back to putting them on the YouTube channel.

👍 Agree with everything in your post. Saved me the bother of typing it. 🙂

Plus, as the OP said, would be great to have Gordon Smart involved. Though not because I think anyone needs their hand held. I just think he's very good.

HFC93
18-09-2021, 09:51 AM
I think the new media team are doing a great job. They're not shy to try new things which I like as well. I've noticed a few comments on social media about the fact a lot of them are English but if folk have an issue with that then so be it.

Peevemor
18-09-2021, 10:03 AM
I'm not sure whether Andrew Sleight or Tom Zanelli supported Hibs before arriving at the club, but the media output was very good (if very different) when they were in place.

I think some people might be a bit destabilised that we have so many new faces appearing at the same time but they all seem to be football fans, good guys and good at their jobs. No doubt they'll become as attached to the club as many others have.

The output has certainly improved beyond recognition (even though I liked seeing the pressers too). Long may it continue.

Renfrew_Hibby
18-09-2021, 10:27 AM
Angus Scott is great, very professional, engaging and has just the right level of enthusiasm. He doesn't pretend to be a dye in the wool Hibby, I think he's already mentioned Bristol City a couple of times!

Look we don't have an owner who is a born Hibby and it would be very hard to find Chief Execs and communications guys of the quality we now have from within our fan base. It is what it is.
The recent content from the likes of Mixu and Yogi shows that there is always imput from people more steeped in the club than the current custodians which for me gives me just enough 'full fat Hibs'.

B.H.F.C
18-09-2021, 01:50 PM
For all the talk of match day experience in the interview (particularly around queues at the kiosks) it doesn’t look like they’ve actually done much to address it. Really bad trying to get food.