PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Away - No Tickets

SteveHFC
16-09-2021, 02:53 PM
There will be no tickets for Hibs fans for the upcoming game on the 3rd October due to Rangers needing the away end.

Hope Hibs refuse to give them tickets for the next time they come to Easter Road. :aok:

Smartie
16-09-2021, 03:03 PM
I think we should start a campaign, right now, to have a full ground for our home game with them later in the season but with no away support.

I’d probably be happy to pitch a few quid towards tickets for the South stand that might be given away to local schools or the like.

We need to stop bowing down to clubs like Rangers and more significantly - we need to stop tolerating sectarianism in our own stadium.

This presents us with an ideal opportunity to make a strong start on that.

H18 SFR
16-09-2021, 03:32 PM
I think we should start a campaign, right now, to have a full ground for our home game with them later in the season but with no away support.

I’d probably be happy to pitch a few quid towards tickets for the South stand that might be given away to local schools or the like.

We need to stop bowing down to clubs like Rangers and more significantly - we need to stop tolerating sectarianism in our own stadium.

I’d happily support donating to this suggestion.

theonlywayisup
16-09-2021, 09:07 PM
Andy Walker had a wee dig at the start of the Derby saying something like "isn't it great to see a full away support at a Derby, unlike we've seen elsewhere". You knew straight away who he was talking about.

Catch22
19-09-2021, 07:05 PM
There will be no tickets for Hibs fans for the upcoming game on the 3rd October due to Rangers needing the away end.

Hope Hibs refuse to give them tickets for the next time they come to Easter Road. :aok:
And yet they're actively encouraged to come to us.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/new-interactive-attraction-to-bring-zombies-to-edinburgh-and-easter-road-3386149

Billy Whizz
21-09-2021, 09:01 AM
That will mean no Hibs football for 2 weeks, as the following week is international break

Diclonius
21-09-2021, 09:03 AM

I would absolutely give £27 or whatever it is to cover the cost of one less Rangers fan at ER. Someone needs to start this.

Antifa Hibs
21-09-2021, 09:08 AM

There has been nothing to suggest so far we'll sell 14,000 home tickets for this game let alone 21000. £31-35 a pop for a game on the tele likely to be 12pm on a Sunday. Rangers will be getting the full south stand until we as a support can regularly sell it. I'd love to see it, but its not happening.

Since452
21-09-2021, 09:11 AM
Let 3800 Hibs fans in for free to fill the away end. If it's good enough for the ladies team...

Hibernian Verse
21-09-2021, 09:13 AM
Let 3800 Hibs fans in for free to fill the away end. If it's good enough for the ladies team...

Haha.

wazoo1875
21-09-2021, 09:14 AM
There has been nothing to suggest so far we'll sell 14,000 home tickets for this game let alone 21000. £31-35 a pop for a game on the tele likely to be 12pm on a Sunday. Rangers will be getting the full south stand until we as a support can regularly sell it. I'd love to see it, but its not happening.

Pretty sure it’s a midweek game in December

bigwheel
21-09-2021, 09:56 AM
Up to the early 80s there was little to no segregation in Ibrox..often we would end up with a little group of us together in the exclosure under the main stand …was often “interesting “

BegbieHSC
21-09-2021, 09:58 AM

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

The Modfather
21-09-2021, 10:04 AM

£26 for St Mirren at home. I thought Hibs had already started the campaign to mitigate having no Rangers fans :duck:

CJHibby
21-09-2021, 10:14 AM
I once went to a Hibs game v Celtic and watched it in the away end-the Dunbar end, why I can't remember..old age for you. Maybe luckily, we lost(1-0) as all throughout the game I was lamenting Eddie May miss after miss and was getting a few hostile looks when grumbling about it. Good luck at Ibrox.

CMurdoch
21-09-2021, 10:19 AM

I presume you have your tongue firmly in your cheek.
The difference is that very few people are currently willing to pay to watch the womens team play.
The take from advertising, food and drink sales will cover the costs to the club.
A pragmatic decision.

Hermit Crab
21-09-2021, 10:22 AM
If we reduce or do not give them any tickets for the game at ER its guaranteed that several of them will end up in the home end leading to trouble, its happened before and it will happen again. Not worth it.

CMurdoch
21-09-2021, 10:34 AM

Agreed.
The only way to cut the Rangers ticket allocation would be to increase our season ticket sales by at least 50%.
As for folk ponying up to stop them attending the next game. No point unless folk are willing to commit long term otherwise Ron Gordon will rightly not be interested.
To him The Rangers fans represent big money to his club twice a season, every season.
Afraid we are stuck with them for the foreseeable future.

Torto7
21-09-2021, 10:40 AM
Ban them. I'd gladly go without a player or two if thats what it takes. Until someone has the balls to tell them that their ways are unacceptable then it will continue. Anti catholic bigotry is currently tolerated in Scottish society due to fear.

hibbysam
21-09-2021, 10:53 AM
Agreed.
The only way to cut the Rangers ticket allocation would be to increase our season ticket sales by at least 50%.
As for folk ponying up to stop them attending the next game. No point unless folk are willing to commit long term otherwise Ron Gordon will rightly not be interested.
To him The Rangers fans represent big money to his club twice a season, every season.
Afraid we are stuck with them for the foreseeable future.

If we banned them this season, they’d be back next season when we get our allocation back - maybe even for the return game later in the season when their own fans kick off and they give in to us.

LancsHibs
21-09-2021, 10:57 AM

Why do Rangers ‘need’ the away allocation?

CMurdoch
21-09-2021, 11:01 AM
Ban them. I'd gladly go without a player or two if thats what it takes. Until someone has the balls to tell them that their ways are unacceptable then it will continue. Anti catholic bigotry is currently tolerated in Scottish society due to fear.

Sadly for us we don't own the club so it isn't our decision.
It could have been if far more folk had paid into HSL when they had the chance.
However, we missed that boat and it's Ron Gordon's club now and he makes the decisions to suit his business.
He is all about the money which is good for us as a football club but won't be cutting off his nose to spite his face anytime soon.

marinello59
21-09-2021, 11:01 AM
Why do Rangers ‘need’ the away allocation?

That’s where they have relocated some of their own season ticket holders who had seats in their red zone.

cabbageandribs1875
21-09-2021, 11:12 AM
However, we missed that boat and it's Ron Gordon's club now and he makes the decisions to suit his business.
He is all about the money which is good for us as a football club but won't be cutting off his nose to spite his face anytime soon.

then again if HSL had more shares in the club STF may have found it more difficult to sell :dunno:

Moulin Yarns
21-09-2021, 11:20 AM
then again if HSL had more shares in the club STF may have found it more difficult to sell :dunno:

And we wouldn't have the lovely new screens, still be in debt, bouncing around the bottom end of the table (possibly)

cabbageandribs1875
21-09-2021, 11:22 AM
And we wouldn't have the lovely new screens, still be in debt, bouncing around the bottom end of the table (possibly)

but we may have had the corners filled in with seats instead :)

well, at least the FF-East corner anyway

Smartie
21-09-2021, 11:24 AM

I don’t think it’s as black an white as cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Every owner of every Scottish club is going to have to learn that there’s a price to be paid for letting Rangers do whatever they like.

Appeasing Rangers pisses me off big time, and Ron will have to work out how often he can get away with pissing off his own most loyal customers in order to host sash bashes at Easter Road whilst Rangers won’t provide our support with a single ticket.

That full end of Rangers fans comes with a cost.

CMurdoch
21-09-2021, 11:27 AM

That is correct but the club would eventually have belonged to the supporters once HSL had a controlling interest.
However, I don't think that would have been nearly as good as what we have now and what we will have in the short term.
My real point was that the fans have no say in who the owner lets into the ground yet many still seem to think they do as we see from the many threads every season demanding Hibs ban Rangers supporters from ER.
It's not happening under a money driven owner. He will not care about the singing of folk songs about battles and wars in Ireland hundreds of years ago.
He is all about the money.

WhileTheChief..
21-09-2021, 11:30 AM
I would absolutely give £27 or whatever it is to cover the cost of one less Rangers fan at ER. Someone needs to start this.

Realistically how many Hibs fans do you think would buy into it?

I’d guess a couple of dozen at most, probably less.

Hermit Crab
21-09-2021, 11:34 AM

I certainly wouldn't. Already forked out £420 on a ST.

Sir David Gray
21-09-2021, 12:05 PM

I'd be happy to chip in to help cover the cost of banning Rangers and Celtic fans from Easter Road but wouldn't be willing to pay nearly £30.

KeithTheHibby
21-09-2021, 12:11 PM
I don't understand this. For any away games against the old firm clubs are unlikely to get any more than 1k tickets so how can they not be accommodated? The OF don't have 49 and 59k season ticket holders do they?

shetlandhibee
21-09-2021, 12:14 PM
I would absolutely give £27 or whatever it is to cover the cost of one less Rangers fan at ER. Someone needs to start this.:top marks
i live in Shetland so can only get to 3 or 4 games a season( its allways over £500 each time i do) ime not rich and work as a labourer but i would gladly stay in a weekend and cut out whatever so to have the money to buy 2 tickets to keep them away from Easter Road gladly!! or give them the whole allocation they usually get at £150 per ticket :aok:

Moulin Yarns
21-09-2021, 12:35 PM
I think I may be in the minority but the talk of tit for tat banning, or some other move, that prevents away supporters from coming to Easter Road is the thin edge of the wedge. IMHO

We have already seen it with Celtc saying that they can't accommodate away supporters, and rangers followed suit. Both of them give around 1,000 tickets normally and hibs have restricted away supporters in the past to similar. The safety and segregation of opposition supporters is what hasn't been mentioned. Away supporters at both the Glasgow clubs are located in corners as they are able to be kept apart (in the main), the South stand can be divided into two sections that allows segregation and if the home support is larger than 16,000 then we can realistically limit away supporters to half of the stand.

marinello59
21-09-2021, 12:52 PM

Not me. I’m not so sure I’m willing to pay extra because they sing hateful songs about my religion, that doesn’t seem fair. :greengrin
It wouldn’t do anything towards solving the causes of sectarianism anyway, all it would do is fuel the rigid tribalism between football fans that so many get caught up in. The solution for me starts with reaching out to the many decent Rangers fans out there and helping to strengthen their voice.

Carheenlea
21-09-2021, 01:17 PM
I don't understand this. For any away games against the old firm clubs are unlikely to get any more than 1k tickets so how can they not be accommodated? The OF don't have 49 and 59k season ticket holders do they?

45,000 limit on ST’s. The 5000 left over will be around 1300 in corner (when segregation is factored in) and the rest will be hospitality seats in main stand which will be sold on game to game basis across the various tiers of packages.

Until the home fans in the sections surrounding dugout can return, I don’t think you’ll see any away fans for league matches. As much as I’d like to stick the boot into them, if Hibs were in a similar situation we’d be doing the exact same. Our biggest rivals Hearts, are able to relocate fans whilst still being able to offer a full Roseburn to us. Rangers don’t look if they can. Not much we can do about I’m afraid.

Jones28
21-09-2021, 01:31 PM
Have them in the ground in full voice with cameras and microphones pointed at them so I we can pick up the amount of bile they come out with. Then post allllll the clips to the clubs Twitter.

LancsHibs
21-09-2021, 02:32 PM
That’s where they have relocated some of their own season ticket holders who had seats in their red zone.

Sorry but what is the ‘red zone’ ?
Does this apply just to the match against us or are there no away fans at Ibrox this season?
If so how the hell can they get away with that??

Sir David Gray
21-09-2021, 02:35 PM
Sorry but what is the ‘red zone’ ?
Does this apply just to the match against us or are there no away fans at Ibrox this season?
If so how the hell can they get away with that??

Every club has a red zone at the moment. It's where the substitutes are put in the stand instead of their usual position in the dugout due to Covid-19 protocols.

As a result the fans who normally sit in those seats are relocated to other parts of the stadium.

For example our fans in that part of the West Stand have been relocated to the executive area whilst this rule is in place.

Bristolhibby
21-09-2021, 02:44 PM

ST holders heads would explode!

Give the away end to schools in Edinburgh.

J

LancsHibs
21-09-2021, 04:32 PM
Every club has a red zone at the moment. It's where the substitutes are put in the stand instead of their usual position in the dugout due to Covid-19 protocols.

As a result the fans who normally sit in those seats are relocated to other parts of the stadium.

For example our fans in that part of the West Stand have been relocated to the executive area whilst this rule is in place.

Cheers, don’t have any of that in English league

hibbysam
21-09-2021, 04:39 PM
Not me. I’m not so sure I’m willing to pay extra because they sing hateful songs about my religion, that doesn’t seem fair. :greengrin
It wouldn’t do anything towards solving the causes of sectarianism anyway, all it would do is fuel the rigid tribalism between football fans that so many get caught up in. The solution for me starts with reaching out to the many decent Rangers fans out there and helping to strengthen their voice.

Banning Rangers and Celtic this season has nothing to do with their bigoted hate filled followings and everything to do with our away support being banned from their grounds. Until that changes then ‘tit for tat’ it is.

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2021, 04:50 PM
II’d simply ban them and I’d cite the reason “as a family club we find sectarian singing and the racist sentiments that underpin this unacceptable. Unfortunately in this fixture we have been unable to prevent mass chanting of this sort. Therefore we’re forced to take this measure.”

Iggy Pope
21-09-2021, 05:48 PM
ST holders heads would explode!

Give the away end to schools in Edinburgh.

J

Careful. Which schools?

CMurdoch
21-09-2021, 06:58 PM
I don’t think it’s as black an white as cutting your nose off to spite your face.Every owner of every Scottish club is going to have to learn that there’s a price to be paid for letting Rangers do whatever they like.Appeasing Rangers pisses me off big time, and Ron will have to work out how often he can get away with pissing off his own most loyal customers in order to host sash bashes at Easter Road whilst Rangers won’t provide our support with a single ticket.That full end of Rangers fans comes with a cost.Only Celtic and Rangers can sell every seat in their grounds to their own supporters.Accordingly they don't and won't ever need the other teams supporters.Hibs have sold a little over 11,000 season tickets this season and have about 2,000 walk ups.That leaves almost 7,500 seats Hibs supporters won't or can't pay for.How would Ron Gordon interpret that and banning Rangers supporters from ER?7,500 at £20 a skull equates £150k dropped per home game. Over a season we are dropping almost £3 millionFortunately you can reduce that to £2 million by taking an an extra £1 million in the 6 games against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts..........................and you want me to ban Rangers supporters because they didn't sell any tickets to our supporters.My club doesn't make any money from tickets sold to Ibrox. What is your point?You and others want Ron Gordon the man who broke cover last week with the other American based owners and Anderson Hearts to go chasing more revenue to chuck £150k away to make a point. It's not happening.

PolmontHibby
21-09-2021, 07:51 PM
II’d simply ban them and I’d cite the reason “as a family club we find sectarian singing and the racist sentiments that underpin this unacceptable. Unfortunately in this fixture we have been unable to prevent mass chanting of this sort. Therefore we’re forced to take this measure.”

away stand capacity 4,000 I believe, 2 Rangers visits a season at say £30 = £240,000
Never good to lose funds but not crippling - a price worth paying in my view.

xyz23jc
21-09-2021, 08:46 PM
If we reduce or do not give them any tickets for the game at ER its guaranteed that several of them will end up in the home end leading to trouble, its happened before and it will happen again. Not worth it.

Could we not issue a statement stating that we cannot guarantee the safety of any non-hibs fans in the home end or better still ensure that the stewards can refuse entry to any non-hibs fans, should be fairly easy to police? :agree:

hibbysam
21-09-2021, 08:56 PM
Only Celtic and Rangers can sell every seat in their grounds to their own supporters.Accordingly they don't and won't ever need the other teams supporters.Hibs have sold a little over 11,000 season tickets this season and have about 2,000 walk ups.That leaves almost 7,500 seats Hibs supporters won't or can't pay for.How would Ron Gordon interpret that and banning Rangers supporters from ER?7,500 at £20 a skull equates £150k dropped per home game. Over a season we are dropping almost £3 millionFortunately you can reduce that to £2 million by taking an an extra £1 million in the 6 games against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts..........................and you want me to ban Rangers supporters because they didn't sell any tickets to our supporters.My club doesn't make any money from tickets sold to Ibrox. What is your point?You and others want Ron Gordon the man who broke cover last week with the other American based owners and Anderson Hearts to go chasing more revenue to chuck £150k away to make a point. It's not happening.

Whether Hibs make money off our away support is irrelevant - these two clubs are ****ting all over the 1000 fans that would be going and follow us home and away. That should have repercussions. I’m sure Ron Gordon believes in his and his teams’ ability to be creative and come up with ways to maximise our revenues without relying on the ugly sisters.

CMurdoch
21-09-2021, 09:23 PM
Whether Hibs make money off our away support is irrelevant - these two clubs are ****ting all over the 1000 fans that would be going and follow us home and away. That should have repercussions. I’m sure Ron Gordon believes in his and his teams’ ability to be creative and come up with ways to maximise our revenues without relying on the ugly sisters.

Ron is a business man.
He only sees the bottom line.
Maximise revenue.Minimise costs.
Build the brand.
Buy low, sell high.
He will only get in a fight with Rangers to gain power or revenue.
I think he's a shrewd operator.
He won't consider banning Rangers supporters.
He will simply see them as a very good revenue stream to be exploited to the max.
Suspect he sees us in the same way.

lyonhibs
22-09-2021, 06:58 AM
Ron is a business man.
Build the brand.
Buy low, sell high.
He will simply see them as a very good revenue stream to be exploited to the max.

Are you his biographer or something?

hibbysam
22-09-2021, 07:00 AM
Ron is a business man.
Build the brand.
Buy low, sell high.

There is no fight to be had. Like I said, regardless of any decision we make this season, they would still take tickets in the future. Minimal short term hit to make a point and most likely unite our whole support and show we have someone who cares behind us (whether you believe it or not) would have long term benefits for our club.

bigwheel
22-09-2021, 07:03 AM
We are not filling our space in the stands we have ..so really can’t imagine any decision that doesn’t give them tickets for the away end

That said, it is appalling that both the OF are getting away without making some away fan tickets available

WhileTheChief..
22-09-2021, 07:33 AM
There is no fight to be had. Like I said, regardless of any decision we make this season, they would still take tickets in the future. Minimal short term hit to make a point and most likely unite our whole support and show we have someone who cares behind us (whether you believe it or not) would have long term benefits for our club.

Hang on though, you’re assuming the majority of Hibs fans think like you and want us to go tit for tat with Rangers.

What if the vast majority of us are happy with a full away end of Rangers or Celtic fans?

Should the club just ignore that and pander to you?

Peevemor
22-09-2021, 07:43 AM
Hang on though, you’re assuming the majority of Hibs fans think like you and want us to go tit for tat with Rangers.

What if the vast majority of us are happy with a full away end of Rangers or Celtic fans?

Should the club just ignore that and pander to you?

:top marks

Allez Hibs
22-09-2021, 09:21 AM
What long term benefits?

The club can't turn down money if Hibs fans aren't doing their bit by attending games to reduce the away allocation - it's been tried before.

CMurdoch
22-09-2021, 10:10 AM

We have lost 2,500 season ticket holders for each of the last 2 seasons.
We had no walk ups last season.
We had no food or hospitality sales last season.
We were allowed only a tiny crowd into our European games and glamour friendly.
We have bought players and improved the contracts of others whilst not making any sales.

All of the above is revenue we have lost or spending in the case of players and their contracts.
Given all these circumstances Ron Gordon isn't going to be making any points to anybody including Rangers which will cost Hibs a chunk of revenue.
I think he has done a great job through covid and will be keeping his eyes on the prize of progress and improvement for Hibs and that means grabbing any revenue he and his business team can get their hands on until we can sell a player for a few million quid.
Tit for tat is not on the menu of options for this supporter issue.

P.S. I am in my 60's and have never ever set foot inside Ibrox. Principles are for individuals and mine mean I have never given that club a penny and never had to listen to their supporters songs other than when they are paying Hibs handsomely for the privilege of being at ER. Make the decision that sits right for you in this matter. My hope is that Ron can build the club and we can have 16,000 season ticket holders. Then we can give Celtic and Rangers supporters the tiny percentage of our ground that they give us of theirs. That would be a great day.

andrew70
22-09-2021, 10:50 AM

Sam, there is no point some people don't get it mate. They are so caught up in appeasing Rangers and not realising the damage it's doing to their own club and more importantly the travelling fans. Too many on here are too happy to sit at home and say they "don't like" going to Ibrox anyway.

It doesn't affect them like it does others so they stand "tall" on their moral high ground.

They who shout loudest though.:rolleyes:

BoomtownHibees
22-09-2021, 12:02 PM
Sam, there is no point some people don't get it mate. They are so caught up in appeasing Rangers and not realising the damage it's doing to their own club and more importantly the travelling fans. Too many on here are too happy to sit at home and say they "don't like" going to Ibrox anyway.

It doesn't affect them like it does others so they stand "tall" on their moral high ground.

Not sure the point you’re trying to make. I love going to Ibrox, one of my favourite away trips, and am gutted we won’t be getting any tickets in a couple of weeks time. However, I also know that there’s no way Hibs can afford to do the same to them. As much as I would love ER to be filled with Hibs fans, it’s not going to happen and we simply can’t afford to just chuck away the revenue it would bring us. That’s nothing to do with appeasing the Rangers

Baldy Foghorn
22-09-2021, 12:05 PM
Would love to know if the Club questioned the sevco stance, or were happy to accept their decision not to give us tickets?

.Sean.
22-09-2021, 12:10 PM
Would love to know if the Club questioned the sevco stance, or were happy to accept their decision not to give us tickets?
Wondering this too hopefully we’ve not just rolled over, one for KP?

Iggy Pope
22-09-2021, 12:19 PM

I used to enjoy Ibrox, went regularly, first trip was a 2-0 win goals by Bremner and Rae in 1978.
Decided against going back a couple of seasons ago due to morons behind and above me taunting us about some ****ing dead soldier or another, a steward who decided a square go was the best stewarding policy and equally moronic patter from those of our own immediately in front of me who couldn’t make the sign of the cross properly no matter how hard they tried.

****ing awful place that brings out the absolute worst in everybody.

Peevemor
22-09-2021, 12:23 PM

I'm really confused by this post.

Sylar
22-09-2021, 12:29 PM
Not a surprise to anyone, surely?

They have to operate a red zone where fans can't sit, which reduces the capacity of the ground - they sold out 45k season tickets, which doesn't leave much for match-day, and they prioritise (and typically sell out) to MyGers members.

At least, unlike CeltcTV, there's an option to watch the game through RangersTV (though I understand the sentiment of giving them money...).

Billy Whizz
22-09-2021, 12:32 PM
Not a surprise to anyone, surely?

They have to operate a red zone where fans can't sit, which reduces the capacity of the ground - they sold out 45k season tickets, which doesn't leave much for match-day, and they prioritise (and typically sell out) to MyGers members.

At least, unlike CeltcTV, there's an option to watch the game through RangersTV (though I understand the sentiment of giving them money...).

This is our red zone, hardly massive

lord bunberry
22-09-2021, 12:43 PM
If all the players got vaccinated we wouldn’t need red zones.

Peevemor
22-09-2021, 12:43 PM
This is our red zone, hardly massive

It depends on the configuration of the stadium. The red zone at Tynecastle is a lot bigger (obviously).

It should also be remembered that it's not just a question of the 1000 or so places we normally get for Ibrox, there are also a few hundred seats "lost" for segregation too.

They could well be at it, but it's not as straightforward as some would like to think.

Carheenlea
22-09-2021, 12:51 PM
Rangers Red Zone

https://i.postimg.cc/B6kwWdYg/079-BBFA1-97-F2-45-F4-A5-A8-7349-BE32062-F.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Mikey_1875
22-09-2021, 01:21 PM
They were willing to offer Celtic an away allocation until they didn’t receive a guarantee that they would be getting them for the return leg.
So this isn’t something that was unavoidable for Rangers, they have made a clear policy change since getting knocked back from Celtic and have made the choice to not have away fans. The red zone excuse doesn’t wash.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-chiefs-stunned-rangers-perform-24804778

Billy Whizz
22-09-2021, 01:25 PM
Although it’s a cup game, are Livvi getting any tickets for tonight’s game? Raith aren’t getting any for tomorrow nights game. That’s revenue both teams are losing, if they don’t get full houses

Mikey_1875
22-09-2021, 01:27 PM
Although it’s a cup game, are Livvi getting any tickets for tonight’s game? Raith aren’t getting any for tomorrow nights game. That’s revenue both teams are losing, if they don’t get full houses

Livi have got an allocation for tonight.

Steven79
22-09-2021, 01:36 PM

Celtic are in no danger of selling out the game tomorrow.

It's an utter joke that Raith don't have an allocation for the game.

Smartie
22-09-2021, 01:37 PM
Not sure the point you’re trying to make. I love going to Ibrox, one of my favourite away trips, and am gutted we won’t be getting any tickets in a couple of weeks time. However, I also know that there’s no way Hibs can afford to do the same to them. As much as I would love ER to be filled with Hibs fans, it’s not going to happen and we simply can’t afford to just chuck away the revenue it would bring us. That’s nothing to do with appeasing the Rangers

I disagree that Hibs can’t afford to chuck away that revenue.

They might reasonably decide that they shouldn’t afford to chuck it away but that’s a different thing altogether.

worcesterhibby
22-09-2021, 02:28 PM
I realise I’m probably in the minority, but I prefer a game with a noisy away support. Much more satisfying getting a result against them if some of their fans have to watch them getting beat.

Peevemor
22-09-2021, 02:33 PM
I realise I’m probably in the minority, but I prefer a game with a noisy away support. Much more satisfying getting a result against them if some of their fans have to watch them getting beat.

I don't think you're in the minority. A handful of posters have a different opinion (to which they're entitled), but I suspect the vast majority feel the same as you. It's all part of the big match atmosphere.

No doubt someone will be along soon to tell me I'm wrong.

Since452
22-09-2021, 02:37 PM
Celtic are in no danger of selling out the game tomorrow.

It's an utter joke that Raith don't have an allocation for the game.

Being deprived of watching your team in a cup quarter final is a piss take. Especially when the stadium will probably be less than half full.

marinello59
22-09-2021, 02:46 PM

I’m confused. Are the travelling fans more important then the rest of whatever it is that makes our club? I travel occasionally to watch games, I love it, but I don’t see how turning the financial gun on ourselves hurts Rangers in any tit for tat action. It just increases their advantage over us.
You comment about those who disagree with you as being caught up in appeasing Rangers is just silly.

hibbysam
22-09-2021, 02:47 PM
What long term benefits?

The club can't turn down money if Hibs fans aren't doing their bit by attending games to reduce the away allocation - it's been tried before.

Long term benefits that show the club is sticking up for those that will have been done out of watching our team play. Especially in the case of parkhead where there is 0 legal way for us to watch our side play.

hibbysam
22-09-2021, 02:50 PM
I don't think you're in the minority. A handful of posters have a different opinion (to which they're entitled), but I suspect the vast majority feel the same as you. It's all part of the big match atmosphere.

No doubt someone will be along soon to tell me I'm wrong.

You know that’s exactly what Rangers and Celtic are depriving from us… in regards the Celtic game you can’t even watch it legally. I can assure you if we stopped 4000 of their lot coming to Easter road they’d soon change their tune.

Peevemor
22-09-2021, 02:54 PM
You know that’s exactly what Rangers and Celtic are depriving from us… in regards the Celtic game you can’t even watch it legally. I can assure you if we stopped 4000 of their lot coming to Easter road they’d soon change their tune.

I'm speaking about those who want a general ban on OF fans at ER.

CMurdoch
22-09-2021, 03:44 PM
You know that’s exactly what Rangers and Celtic are depriving from us… in regards the Celtic game you can’t even watch it legally. I can assure you if we stopped 4000 of their lot coming to Easter road they’d soon change their tune.Hibs CEO Ben Kensell yesterday stated "The relationship with Celtic and Rangers off the pitch is a good one and so is the relationship between the ownership groups" Oooh the ownership groups, how cozy.

Antifa Hibs
22-09-2021, 04:50 PM
We are not filling our space in the stands we have ..so really can’t imagine any decision that doesn’t give them tickets for the away end

That said, it is appalling that both the OF are getting away without making some away fan tickets available

Why? St Mirren never gave St Johnstone any tickets a few weeks back and i can't recall the whinging then.

Celtic and Rangers occupy their stadiums at what, 97% capacity generally? No other club gets close to that. Due to the red zone pish they're moving their ST ticket holders from their usual seats to the away sections for the time being. That means there is no space for away fans. Quite simple really. Its a ******* but hey ho, the last 18 months has been a *******.

BoomtownHibees
22-09-2021, 04:54 PM
It’s about time football fell in in line with most other work places now and got rid of this red zone nonsense. The same players having to sit apart at games can go out for a drink/meal with each other after the game and sit side by side

hibbysam
22-09-2021, 04:58 PM
Why? St Mirren never gave St Johnstone any tickets a few weeks back and i can't recall the whinging then.

Celtic and Rangers occupy their stadiums at what, 97% capacity generally? No other club gets close to that. Due to the red zone pish they're moving their ST ticket holders from their usual seats to the away sections for the time being. That means there is no space for away fans. Quite simple really. Its a ******* but hey ho, the last 18 months has been a *******.

St Johnstone did get tickets that day. Celtics away end has been empty, their stadium will be half empty tonight, still no away fans. Rangers had literally printed tickets for Celtic a few weeks back, where was their season ticket holders that day? Had they all decided to take the day off? Convenient excuse for the clubs as they know they’ll get away with it. Any club who don’t offer away tickets should be reprimanded. If they oversubscribed season tickets then again, that’s their issue. They need to cap it any other year to allow away fans in.

Helensburghhibs
22-09-2021, 05:51 PM

The numbers don't add up mate. Celtic Park has 53k St holders in a 60k capacity. We get what circa 1300? There's no way the red zone is over 5k. They aren't giving utd any tickets but you can buy general sale tickets in the home end. They are at it. End off

Smartie
22-09-2021, 06:03 PM
If this was a one-off then you could give them the benefit of the doubt but it fits into a wider pattern of behaviour from Rangers.

Despite Ben Kensall’s words it looks to me like Rangers are very much at war with Scottish football and I think Hibs need to be very careful about how they interact with bully boy tactics. It’s easy for the individual clubs to feel weak and as if they should continually roll over but together they have power. Appeasement isn’t the way to go with bullies and you should simply not trust those who have been proven time and time again to be dishonest.

lyonhibs
23-09-2021, 06:49 AM
The numbers don't add up mate. Celtic Park has 53k St holders in a 60k capacity. We get what circa 1300? There's no way the red zone is over 5k. They aren't giving utd any tickets but you can buy general sale tickets in the home end. They are at it. End off

Simplistic take on it, only works if none of those 53k had their ST seats in the red zone to begin with, which obviously isn't the case. Red zone ST holders need to be relocated and kept together in family groups etc in the rest of the home end and the first part of the stadium that's going to get filled up with such cases is the away end because I imagine that's the simplest for the clubs instead of looking for 2,3,4 seats together in amongst the non red zone home stands.

In the case of Celtic Park, who knows, if they have to put their own fans there, maybe they might tart the away end up a bit by, you know, actually having a physical seat for each seat number and other luxuries.

The pure maths of looking at ST holders vs. stadium capacity may not add up but that doesn't factor in the fact that we're dealing with people (well, ok OF fans) and not apples when it comes to adjusting to the red zone requirements.

My initial reaction was also that they're at it tbh, but if Hibs had the same % of total capacity taken up by our own ST holders, I'm sure we'd be doing the same.

hibbysam
23-09-2021, 06:55 AM
Simplistic take on it, only works if none of those 53k had their ST seats in the red zone to begin with, which obviously isn't the case. Red zone ST holders need to be relocated and kept together in family groups etc in the rest of the home end and the first part of the stadium that's going to get filled up with such cases is the away end because I imagine that's the simplest for the clubs instead of looking for 2,3,4 seats together in amongst the non red zone home stands.

In the case of Celtic Park, who knows, if they have to put their own fans there, maybe they might tart the away end up a bit by, you know, actually having a physical seat for each seat number and other luxuries.

The pure maths of looking at ST holders vs. stadium capacity may not add up but that doesn't factor in the fact that we're dealing with people (well, ok OF fans) and not apples when it comes to adjusting to the red zone requirements.

My initial reaction was also that they're at it tbh, but if Hibs had the same % of total capacity taken up by our own ST holders, I'm sure we'd be doing the same.

The red zone was in place before the season started, their own fault that they oversubscribed season ticket holders. Away fans should be at every game.

If you take their 60k (roughly) and remove the 1000 or so away fans - and the 1000 or so red zone seats - that means they have 58k seats to seat 55k or so season ticket holders. How they do that should be up to them but it’s doable. The fact the away end is always empty tells me that it’s not season ticket holders in there, unless your telling me none of them are going to games. The SLO said it’s where visually impaired fans are, imagine putting people that struggle to see, behind a big ****ing pillar! Brutal.

Helensburghhibs
23-09-2021, 07:37 AM

Not at all. 53k season ticket holders. Let's say official capacity now 59k due to red area. Assume all 1k are st seats. , minus 1k for away fans leaves 5k free seats to accommodate the 1k from red area? What's hard to understand? As I said before there are general sale tickets for sale in most sections for the United game on their website. These seats should have been utilised before the away end to ensure away fans at the game if possible.

The only way they are not at it is if the capacity minis red area equates to the number of season tickets sold which is not the case hence any spare capacity should have been used for away fans as a priority