PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v St Mirren

PatHead
16-09-2021, 11:05 AM
Really looking forward to getting to the match on Saturday. However I appreciate that some people don't yet feel ready for returning to large crowds even though they have season tickets.

Personally I don't know anyone in that position though I have a friend who has given up his season ticket because of it.

Does anyone else know of anyone who has felt the same?

On a separate note. Will Doyle Hayes be back?

scoopyboy
16-09-2021, 11:22 AM
Looking forward to it as well.

Just grabbed any seats for the European games so back in my own seat for first time in 18 months.

I think a lot of people are giving the games a miss at the moment, hopefully they come back soon.

JDH back in the fold.

Crunchie
16-09-2021, 11:32 AM
Really looking forward to getting to the match on Saturday. However I appreciate that some people don't yet feel ready for returning to large crowds even though they have season tickets.

Personally I don't know anyone in that position though I have a friend who has given up his season ticket because of it.

Does anyone else know of anyone who has felt the same?

On a separate note. Will Doyle Hayes be back?
I'm reluctantly in the avoiding big crowds category mate, I can't see me back anytime soon.

I'm getting used to not being there now though and either watching or listening to every game. GGTTH

Garymcl
16-09-2021, 11:40 AM
Canny wait for this hopefully big turn out cheer the boys on back to top of the league :flag:

FilipinoHibs
16-09-2021, 11:42 AM
I'm reluctantly in the avoiding big crowds category mate, I can't see me back anytime soon.

I'm getting used to not being there now though and either watching or listening to every game. GGTTH

Son is a nurse and went to LC game but won't be going to these "full capacity games". If in Edinburgh I would be insane boat.

Hibernian Verse
16-09-2021, 11:46 AM
Jason Leitch was on GMS this morning and said there is nothing linking Trsnmt festival and increased covid transmission. I'd imagine ER is a lot safer than Trsnmt.

Not telling people what to do, just passing on what I heard on the radio.

JimBHibees
16-09-2021, 02:10 PM
Jason Leitch was on GMS this morning and said there is nothing linking Trsnmt festival and increased covid transmission. I'd imagine ER is a lot safer than Trsnmt.

Probably more risk going to the supermarket in my experience. Wear a mask under the stand then you are outside the rest of the time.

GRA
16-09-2021, 02:37 PM
COVID-19 isn't finished in this country, in fact we are probably going to have to learn to live with it for years to come.

But we can't live our lives in solitude forever. Get double vaccinated, adhere to all the standard precautions and let's roar the team to victory and back to 1st place on Saturday! 🇳🇬

JXM73
16-09-2021, 02:51 PM
Not missed a game yet, was so looking forward to the game until LFT test came back positive.. awaiting PCR expect a couple of pings from track n trace... block k row 25 middlish... anyone want a free league cup ticket?

04Sauzee
16-09-2021, 02:51 PM
Looks like JDH will be available.
Other good news is that Doidge may be back November time and early November at that if his recuperation keeps on track
Murphy may be available for the Rangers game 3rd October or just after the international break.

Ardenttwo
16-09-2021, 06:02 PM

Myself and wife are in hospitality and will have our temperature taken on arrival plus we must have had a rapid Covid test. If one of us has a slightly high temperature we will be sent away for 10 minutes before coming back for a second temp test. If still high we will be turned away. Only allowed 10 at a table All lot of precautions taken once we are inside the stadium as well.

CMurdoch
16-09-2021, 07:04 PM
Probably more risk going to the supermarket in my experience. Wear a mask under the stand then you are outside the rest of the time.Going to games is my acceptable risk.I avoid boozers and other places I consider to have poor ventilation.Game routine is go to toilet before leaving the house, drive to Meadowbank.Walk short distance to ground.Put mask on as I approach stadium, enter stadium, through concourse and up into my seat.Mask off.Watch game.Let the crowd leave at the end of the game before leaving stand with mask on. Keep mask on until crowd dissipates.

16-09-2021, 07:23 PM
Myself and wife are in hospitality and will have our temperature taken on arrival plus we must have had a rapid Covid test. If one of us has a slightly high temperature we will be sent away for 10 minutes before coming back for a second temp test. If still high we will be turned away. Only allowed 10 at a table All lot of precautions taken once we are inside the stadium as well.

If it happens don't go get a coffee before going back, get a couple of ice lollies. 👍

King Cosell
16-09-2021, 07:32 PM
Son is a nurse and went to LC game but won't be going to these "full capacity games". If in Edinburgh I would be insane boat.

"If in Edinburgh I would be insane boat."

:confused:

B.H.F.C
16-09-2021, 07:38 PM
Looking forward to Saturday. Decent point at Tynescastle but we need to follow it up with a win

With JDH back I hope we can go back to the system we were playing and get Boyle back out wide but have a feeling he might just bring him in for Scott, stick with the three at the back and keep Cadden in at wing back.

FilipinoHibs
16-09-2021, 08:16 PM
"If in Edinburgh I would be insane boat."

:confused:

Typo "in same"

King Cosell
16-09-2021, 08:31 PM
Typo "in same"

Ah, of course. I was genuinely puzzled.

Borderhibbie76
16-09-2021, 08:36 PM
Other good news is that Doidge may be back November time and early November at that if his recuperation keeps on track
Murphy may be available for the Rangers game 3rd October or just after the international break.

Thats great news on both Doidge and Murphy just read that in EEN

Dashing Bob S
16-09-2021, 08:52 PM
I don’t want to appear trivial, but is there any chance we could have (as well as the discussion on the Holy Ground) a general ‘Covid constraints on attending ER/watching Hibs’ thread on here? I appreciate how serious it is, but I get bored with it infiltrating every single thread.

If we had one thread then it would keep all the other threads on topic. That’s not meant to be slight on fans who due to health concerns are not happy at attending right now, I just feel that everything is so Covid/fear driven these days it spoils the enjoyment of life enough without using every topic as an excuse to vent about it.

Dashing Bob S
16-09-2021, 08:52 PM
Back on topic - obviously anything less than three points would be a huge disappointment.

wookie70
16-09-2021, 09:12 PM
Going to games is my acceptable risk.I avoid boozers and other places I consider to have poor ventilation.Game routine is go to toilet before leaving the house, drive to Meadowbank.Walk short distance to ground.Put mask on as I approach stadium, enter stadium, through concourse and up into my seat.Mask off.Watch game.Let the crowd leave at the end of the game before leaving stand with mask on. Keep mask on until crowd dissipates.
I'm pretty much the same except I get there quite early and nip out on the final whistle, our seats allow a quick exit. I was at a charity boxing match inside a poorly ventilated hall a week back and that will be the last time. Outside I feel very safe but it was totally different in a confined space with most bevvied. I hid behind my camera and went outside between matches.

Allant1981
17-09-2021, 05:10 AM
Actually buzzing to be going back, not been to a game since february last year

JimBHibees
17-09-2021, 05:38 AM
Going to games is my acceptable risk.I avoid boozers and other places I consider to have poor ventilation.Game routine is go to toilet before leaving the house, drive to Meadowbank.Walk short distance to ground.Put mask on as I approach stadium, enter stadium, through concourse and up into my seat.Mask off.Watch game.Let the crowd leave at the end of the game before leaving stand with mask on. Keep mask on until crowd dissipates.

Exactly what I have done in other games and will be doing tomorrow

LancsHibs
17-09-2021, 06:32 AM
Actually buzzing to be going back, not been to a game since february last year

Me too. Bring it on🇳🇬⚽️🇳🇬

Nicho87
17-09-2021, 10:31 AM

Murphy is like visiting the in-laws you know you’ll see them soon after your visit you just wonder if it’s next week or a months time.

Brightside
17-09-2021, 10:46 AM

All good news.... the squad will be looking very healthy very soon.

The Modfather
17-09-2021, 11:59 AM
Tried to buy tickets for the game tomorrow, my first game back since I genuinely don’t know when before the pandemic. Firstly £26 for St Mirren at home, that’s extortionate IMO.

I don’t appear to have an online account anymore despite being a season ticket holder for years, including last season. I didn’t renew this season, should my account not still exist just not season ticket on it? I also found the interactive map really difficult to use. Maybe it’s an issue with Chrome, but was difficult selecting a seat and then infuriating trying to select the adult ticket for that seats when the display would click out of it whenever I tried.

Lendo
17-09-2021, 12:03 PM
Tried to buy tickets for the game tomorrow, my first game back since I genuinely don’t know when before the pandemic. Firstly £26 for St Mirren at home, that’s extortionate IMO.

I don’t appear to have an online account anymore despite being a season ticket holder for years, including last season. I didn’t renew this season, should my account not still exist just not season ticket on it? I also found the interactive map really difficult to use. Maybe it’s an issue with Chrome, but was difficult selecting a seat and then infuriating trying to select the adult ticket for that seats when the display would click out of it whenever I tried.

They switched over to an SSO model (Single Sign On) which I believe knackered old accounts. I registered again and then when you’re logged in you’ll be able to link your old account. I think.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

hibeedonald
17-09-2021, 01:05 PM
Just bought 2 tickets with no issues.

Billy Whizz
17-09-2021, 01:30 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/58539270

A wee update from Jack

Billy Whizz
17-09-2021, 01:33 PM
Just bought 2 tickets with no issues.

FFL looking a bit busier tomorrow, Hibs Kids day

Hibernian Verse
17-09-2021, 01:40 PM

Season tickets in Gold are £23.15 so it can't be much less without devaluing the ST.

Since452
17-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Looking forward to this. I like Goodwin and they always try and play decent football at Easter Road but there are a few frustrated noises coming from St Mirren fans this season. JDH will want to do well against his former club and i think he's looked very good. Good opportunity for us to go top of the league again. It's all about momentum in this early part of the season.

yerauldda
17-09-2021, 02:34 PM
Is PATG still an option for tomorrow’s game?

RoxburghHibs
17-09-2021, 02:36 PM

Buy online and select print at home. They send your ticket to your phone and you can print off or just scan the bar code on your phone.

Billy Whizz
17-09-2021, 02:38 PM

Not anymore unfortunately
Buy online and add to you phone is really easy

The Modfather
17-09-2021, 02:47 PM
Season tickets in Gold are £23.15 so it can't be much less without devaluing the ST.

It’s a difficult balancing act for Hibs in not devaluing season tickets. However I’m not likely to pay those kind of prices too often this season as it’s simply not value for money IMO.

uwxm07
17-09-2021, 03:04 PM
Anyone know if BTG is open tomorrow ?

Oscar T Grouch
17-09-2021, 03:10 PM
Anyone know if BTG is open tomorrow ?

Doubtful, I am sure Hibs would have advertised it if it was.

superfurryhibby
17-09-2021, 03:59 PM
Looking forward to this. I like Goodwin and they always try and play decent football at Easter Road but there are a few frustrated noises coming from St Mirren fans this season. JDH will want to do well against his former club and i think he's looked very good. Good opportunity for us to go top of the league again. It's all about momentum in this early part of the season.

Got to agree, overall come here to play and to try and win the game. In recent seasons I've definitely preferred watching them to most SPFL sides at ER. Negative anti-football tactics employed by most teams is torture to watch at times. St Mirren seem to try and take the game to you a bit. All the better for this Hibs team, I reckon we can do them with style (well 2-0 and some style).

Since452
17-09-2021, 04:28 PM
Got to agree, overall come here to play and to try and win the game. In recent seasons I've definitely preferred watching them at ER. Negative anti-football tactics employed by most teams is torture to watch at times. St Mirren seem to try and take the game to you a bit. All the better for this Hibs team, I reckon we can do them with style (well 2-0 and some style).

Yeah I think that's why we did quite well against them last season. Not playing 11 men behind the ball suits us better.

BlackSheep
17-09-2021, 05:26 PM
Are home games still available to season ticket holder on HibsTV? I might not make the match and hoping to watch it?

Hibby70
18-09-2021, 08:55 AM
Are home games still available to season ticket holder on HibsTV? I might not make the match and hoping to watch it?

Just logged in and the St Mirren game certainly seems to be.

Billy Whizz
18-09-2021, 08:58 AM
Big game today again. Chance to go back to the top of the league, for at least 24 hours
I’m presuming Doyle/Hayes comes into the starting line up after been ill last week. Who drops out, Cadden or Scott?
A few disappointed players won’t even make the bench today either

JimBHibees
18-09-2021, 09:04 AM
Big game today again. Chance to go back to the top of the league, for at least 24 hours
I’m presuming Doyle/Hayes comes into the starting line up after been ill last week. Who drops out, Cadden or Scott?

Personally think I would play 433 with Cadden on the left with the ability to rotate with Boyle on either side and Scott on the bench. Would give us a lot of pace in supporting Nissy both wide and from centre of the pitch e.g Kyle. Also would allow Cadden to drive inside allowing Josh to overlap.

Hibby Kay-Yay
18-09-2021, 09:10 AM

I’d go with:

Macey

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon
Doig

JDH
Newall

Cadden
Magennis
Boyle

Nisbet

Let Boyle have a bit of freedom to roam on the left coming centrally when Doig is advanced. Bring on Scott for Cadden midway through the 2nd half as keen to build match sharpness of Cadden and utilise Scott as an impact sub just now.

Lago
18-09-2021, 10:44 AM
Not anymore unfortunately
Buy online and add to you phone is really easy
It may well be easy but I bet it still puts a lot of people off going to games.

Bridge hibs
18-09-2021, 11:05 AM
Just logged in and the St Mirren game certainly seems to be.Unable to make game but may get in from work to see most of first half, is it hibs tv I log into and is it just my season ticket details I use as log in ?

Billy Whizz
18-09-2021, 11:08 AM
Unable to make game but may get in from work to see most of first half, is it hibs tv I log into and is it just my season ticket details I use as log in ?
Username
Name-name-client ref no
Password
Client ref no

Billy Whizz
18-09-2021, 11:12 AM
It may well be easy but I bet it still puts a lot of people off going to games.

I noticed the likes of Ross County have tickets available at their TO today. You’d have thought Hibs might do this soon

Bridge hibs
18-09-2021, 11:14 AM
Username
Name-name-client ref no
Password
Client ref noThanks Billy, hibs tv only seems to be giving me audio options only

Billy Whizz
18-09-2021, 11:15 AM
Thanks Billy, hibs tv only seems to be giving me audio options only

I’ve just logged in, showing live video in UK from 2pm
Scroll down

calumhibee1
18-09-2021, 11:18 AM
Stevenson back?

Bridge hibs
18-09-2021, 11:23 AM
I’ve just logged in, showing live video in UK from 2pm
Scroll downThanks Billy, Wife was setting it up for me as Im at work. Seems its coming up invalid on her ticket but has worked on mines, thanks again mate, hopefully get last few minutes of first half 👍

Billy Whizz
18-09-2021, 11:24 AM
Stevenson back?

He’s available for selection

JimBHibees
18-09-2021, 11:32 AM
Clancy as ref gives me the fear.

Will be a good open game I think they have brought in an Irish loan player from Wolves Connor Rohan who was apparently very good in midfield. Erahon and Power back from suspension. Can definitely get at their defence, front two of Brophy and Main need watched.

JimBHibees
18-09-2021, 11:48 AM
Saw a funny line by the St Mirren fan Coonster on twitter along the lines of

Hibernian have asked St Mirren if they wanted to use the home dressing today to give the Saints players a feel for the club they will soon be moving to. :faf:

Hibby Kay-Yay
18-09-2021, 11:53 AM
Username
Name-name-client ref no
Password
Client ref no

Not liking that formation or team selection.

hibee_girl
18-09-2021, 12:48 PM

Hibby Kay-Yay
18-09-2021, 12:52 PM
I’d go with:

Macey

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon
Doig

JDH
Newall

Cadden
Magennis
Boyle

Nisbet

Let Boyle have a bit of freedom to roam on the left coming centrally when Doig is advanced. Bring on Scott for Cadden midway through the 2nd half as keen to build match sharpness of Cadden and utilise Scott as an impact sub just now.

Nailed it 😏