PDA

View Full Version : Best behaviour on Sunday. *This is not a drill*

Mr. Wonderful
07-09-2021, 04:18 PM
I, like many other hibees, do love a bit of Derby "banter" and have enjoyed partaking in many a (perhaps) frowned upon chant over the years.

However, its perhaps unfortunate that the Edinburgh Derby now faces the spotlight post Old Firm game and the subsequent arrests, fall outs and twitter 'grassing' that has followed.

Make no mistake, the Sevco fans are on the defensive and are looking to lash out in their most current war of one upsmanship and tar more football supporters with the same brush in an effort to cloud over their own behaviour once again.

I call upon my fellow Hibs fans, and even Hearts fans on this Derby day, let's not give them any excuse to drag the Edinburgh Derby down with them.

Be ferocious, be loud and support your team as you always do but let's not give anyone an excuse to drag us down into the dirt with them. This is a them problem, and they well know it.

CentreLine
07-09-2021, 06:12 PM
I, like many other hibees, do love a bit of Derby "banter" and have enjoyed partaking in many a (perhaps) frowned upon chant over the years.

However, its perhaps unfortunate that the Edinburgh Derby now faces the spotlight post Old Firm game and the subsequent arrests, fall outs and twitter 'grassing' that has followed.

Make no mistake, the Sevco fans are on the defensive and are looking to lash out in their most current war of one upsmanship and tar more football supporters with the same brush in an effort to cloud over their own behaviour once again.

I call upon my fellow Hibs fans, and even Hearts fans on this Derby day, let's not give them any excuse to drag the Edinburgh Derby down with them.

Be ferocious, be loud and support your team as you always do but let's not give anyone an excuse to drag us down into the dirt with them. This is a them problem, and they well know it.

👍🏻

lyonhibs
07-09-2021, 07:27 PM

Thing is, it's not, not entirely at least. If it was you'd have no grounds to make this OP. The brain deid dipsticks on both sides will be pished and coked out their tits as was ever the case.

Carheenlea
07-09-2021, 08:14 PM
Does the Edinburgh Derby really have enough of a history of abhorrent fan behaviour to merit a lecture from our own fans as to how to conduct ourself?

Hibs fans will be the usual at Tynecastle - enjoying the day out and will be in good voice if we are winning. A few will be a under the influence of alcohol/coke/etc and the language might not be family friendly, but not one person in the Roseburn end will care one jot what Rangers fans or anyone else thinks of us.

There is no reputation that precedes us that should cause anyone any concern.

wookie70
07-09-2021, 08:24 PM
Does the Edinburgh Derby really have enough of a history of abhorrent fan behaviour to merit a lecture from our own fans as to how to conduct ourself?

Hibs fans will be the usual at Tynecastle - enjoying the day out and will be in good voice if we are winning. A few will be a under the influence of alcohol/coke/etc and the language might not be family friendly, but not one person in the Roseburn end will care one jot what Rangers fans or anyone else tho is of us.

There will be 50-100 wee Neds all coked up singing Republican songs and anything they can fit the word Paedo into. They'll chuck smoke bombs act like idiots and frankly I don't care what the papers say i want them nowhere near a Hibs support

07-09-2021, 08:36 PM
There will be 50-100 wee Neds all coked up singing Republican songs and anything they can fit the word Paedo into. They'll chuck smoke bombs act like idiots and frankly I don't care what the papers say i want them nowhere near a Hibs support

You’re exaggerating how badly behaved they are and they generate most of the atmosphere of the away hibs support.

LunasBoots
07-09-2021, 08:39 PM
Slamming our own support before anythings happened, show some faith.

Since452
07-09-2021, 08:41 PM
Dearie me

Mr. Wonderful
07-09-2021, 09:00 PM

Our support is tremendous. Hibs class in fact. Don't you dare accuse me of criticising the hibs support, I'm merely offering some words of caution to a select few. Don't get yourselves lifted or banned from the games lads and ladies

Hibby70
07-09-2021, 09:18 PM
Well I'll be on the wine early doors singing about dead folk.

I'll behave once I leave church though.

oneone73
07-09-2021, 09:18 PM

🤣🤣🤣

cabbageandribs1875
07-09-2021, 09:19 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/htw5RoNcpDSY14i9mS/giphy.gif

Stuart93
07-09-2021, 09:20 PM

Hahahaha

H18 SFR
07-09-2021, 09:33 PM
Are drills actually called drills now? More battery guns surely?

wookie70
07-09-2021, 09:45 PM
You’re exaggerating how badly behaved they are and they generate most of the atmosphere of the away hibs support.

Not from my experience, they are exactly how I describe them particularly at Tiny. It is a fairly new thing too and was nowhere near as bad when we were giving Hearts money spinning replays and the Hibs end was absolutely bouncing. I suspect they weren't old enough to attend at that point. No need for some coke up bairns for a good atmosphere at Tiny

Pagan Hibernia
08-09-2021, 07:10 AM

:greengrin

best post I’ve seen on here for a good while

Brightside
08-09-2021, 07:11 AM
Thing is, it's not, not entirely at least. If it was you'd have no grounds to make this OP. The brain deid dipsticks on both sides will be pished and coked out their tits as was ever the case.

Correct. Unfortunately.

hibsbollah
08-09-2021, 07:14 AM

:faf:

Slim Shady
08-09-2021, 07:35 AM

OP is not slamming our own support at all. We have a very small minority in our fan base. Only needs one or two to bring the thousands of good supporters down with them.

I’m sure he’s on about the rumours of the Zaliukas song - which has no place in football.

Remember, “We’re the best behaved supporters in the land, but a shower of nasty *******s when we lose”

monarch
08-09-2021, 08:09 AM

Hibs fans will be the usual at Tynecastle - enjoying the day out and will be in good voice if we are winning. A few will be a under the influence of alcohol/coke/etc and the language might not be family friendly, but not one person in the Roseburn end will care one jot what Rangers fans or anyone else thinks of us.

You don’t get the bigger picture.

At long last the mainstream media appear to be giving the Rangers support a hammering for their racist and sectarian behaviour, although i think this may have been influenced partly by the fact that they want to charge them £25K for an audience with their PR gurus. However make no mistake the press will be looking elsewhere to balance the situation. Let’s not give them the opportunity.

By all means give the team our enthusiastic support but don’t cross red lines such as paedo songs, the vile Zaliukas reference or the Mercer song. The media will be all over us if we do.

Greenbeard
08-09-2021, 08:53 AM

Like most I will be hoping for an embarrassment free derby off the pitch but have to say that sadly the Hibs fans to whom you are directing your plea are very likely the sort of numbskulls who will react by sticking two fingers up at you and then go on to behave even worse just to make the point that they'll not be telt by some unknown old sober do-gooder.

tamig
08-09-2021, 08:56 AM
Not from my experience, they are exactly how I describe them particularly at Tiny. It is a fairly new thing too and was nowhere near as bad when we were giving Hearts money spinning replays and the Hibs end was absolutely bouncing. I suspect they weren't old enough to attend at that point. No need for some coke up bairns for a good atmosphere at Tiny
Agreed. That place and Hampden attract the very dregs of our support. An unnecessary nuisance.

niddriehibs32
08-09-2021, 08:59 AM
Slamming our own support before anythings happened, show some faith.Its the Hibs.net way.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
08-09-2021, 09:00 AM
Can we just not talk about that alleged song from this point further, it makes it more likely it will catch on with a handful of idiots.

tamig
08-09-2021, 09:00 AM
You don’t get the bigger picture.

At long last the mainstream media appear to be giving the Rangers support a hammering for their racist and sectarian behaviour, although i think this may have been influenced partly by the fact that they want to charge them £25K for an audience with their PR gurus. However make no mistake the press will be looking elsewhere to balance the situation. Let’s not give them the opportunity.

By all means give the team our enthusiastic support but don’t cross red lines such as paedo songs, the vile Zaliukas reference or the Mercer song. The media will be all over us if we do.
Since when did that become a red line? It’s disgraceful if a ditty for Zaliukas has been coined and I’d hope that would be shouted down. Nothing wrong at all with the original Mercer song. The recent add-ons are poor though. All imo.

LunasBoots
08-09-2021, 09:05 AM
OP is not slamming our own support at all. We have a very small minority in our fan base. Only needs one or two to bring the thousands of good supporters down with them.

I’m sure he’s on about the rumours of the Zaliukas song - which has no place in football.

Remember, “We’re the best behaved supporters in the land, but a shower of nasty *******s when we lose”

Ive not actually heard the song but if thats the case its nkt on.

MND is a horrible disease and nobody should be slating anyone whose sadly passed away from a illness.

Mr. Wonderful
08-09-2021, 09:32 AM
Like most I will be hoping for an embarrassment free derby off the pitch but have to say that sadly the Hibs fans to whom you are directing your plea are very likely the sort of numbskulls who will react by sticking two fingers up at you and then go on to behave even worse just to make the point that they'll not be telt by some unknown old sober do-gooder.

I'm not really pointing fingers as such, I've been one of those fans on many occasions when I was younger. It comes down to us all as collective travelling support to police things amongst ourselves sometimes and educate/guide others where we can.

Put yer arm round a fellow hibee.

green day
08-09-2021, 10:03 AM
Since when did that become a red line? It’s disgraceful if a ditty for Zaliukas has been coined and I’d hope that would be shouted down. Nothing wrong at all with the original Mercer song. The recent add-ons are poor though. All imo.

I agree Tam, anything about Zal / MND is beyond the pale and shouldnt be encouraged - Although I cant go this time I will, however, be humming along to the Mercer song in my living room, All he deserves is what he wanted for our club.

oneone73
08-09-2021, 10:08 AM
I agree Tam, anything about Zal / MND is beyond the pale and shouldnt be encouraged - Although I cant go this time I will, however, be humming along to the Mercer song in my living room, All he deserves is what he wanted for our club.

Mercer, agreed. Not his widow, though.

Dashing Bob S
08-09-2021, 10:12 AM

Comic genius

makaveli1875
08-09-2021, 10:21 AM
Lets have Wallace Mercer songs , pish , vomit and a good couple of rounds of pavement dancing . Its a derby after all

Tommy75
08-09-2021, 11:03 AM

Other than Kickback, where has it been suggested that Hibs fans would sing anything about Zal?

bigwheel
08-09-2021, 11:04 AM
Other than Kickback, where has it been suggested that Hibs fans would sing anything about Zal?

Nowhere

RoscoHibby
08-09-2021, 11:20 AM
We need the Brora Rangers song to the tune of Yaya Toure’s as loud and as long as possible! :flag:

wookie70
08-09-2021, 12:49 PM
Mercer, agreed. Not his widow, though.

I doubt I'd sing it but that would be my take too. Bad taste in regards to Mercer understandable but leave his wife out of it

tamig
08-09-2021, 12:56 PM

There are a couple of posts early in the thread implying there is a song on the go. No idea where it’s come from.

NOLA
08-09-2021, 12:59 PM
First derby with fans for around 18 months or so, there’s guaranteed trouble happening in some way or form, my guess a mini pitch invasion after the 1st goal [emoji85]

jacomo
08-09-2021, 01:44 PM
I doubt I'd sing it but that would be my take too. Bad taste in regards to Mercer understandable but leave his wife out of it

Mercer more than earned a bad taste song.

Agree that his family are not fair game, but he didn’t give a f*** about Hibs fans so why should we care about his name being besmirched?

Pretty Boy
08-09-2021, 02:17 PM
I accept I might be in a bit of a minority but I quite like the fact the derby has regained an edge and a bit of poison in recent years. I think that may be partly down to the fact it's actually been quite competitive in the last few years. Since 2014/15 there have been 21 games. Hibs have won 7, Hearts 7 and there have been 7 draws. It doesn't get more even than that. There has also been something at stake in most of those years as well. The Championship season, Scottish Cup ties, relegation dog fights (them), European spots up for grabs (us).....

There are obviously lines that shouldn't be crossed but that point when the venom is barely suppressed and you can feel a real pent up something bubbling just below the surface is when the atmosphere is at it's best imo.

hibsbollah
08-09-2021, 02:39 PM
There are a couple of posts early in the thread implying there is a song on the go. No idea where it’s come from.

Quick shifty on keechback shows it appears to be one boy starting a thread based on hearing two neds talking on the bus.

Best ignored.

BILLYHIBS
08-09-2021, 02:54 PM
Listen up all you young uns

When the Hibees go two up I want you to burst into this inoffensive little ditty

Erich Schaedler took a shy Jim O’Rourke hit it high

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Alan Gordon running through hammered home number two

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Bobby Seith thought that he was dreaming when Arthur Duncan hammered number three in

Bye Bye Jamtarts

The Hibees choir sang for more and Alex Cropley made it four

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Arthur Duncan took a dive and headed home number five

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Paddy Stanton showed his tricks as Jim O’Rourke made it six

Bye Bye Jamtarts

The HIBS support thought that they were in Heaven when Alan Gordon headed in number seven

Bye Bye Jamtarts

The HIBS support had had their fill the final score was seven nil

Jamtarts Bye Bye

Various

Allez Hibs
08-09-2021, 03:16 PM
Lets have Wallace Mercer songs , pish , vomit and a good couple of rounds of pavement dancing . Its a derby after all

Let's have a win and 3 points please.

The dalmeny
08-09-2021, 03:20 PM
Quick shifty on keechback shows it appears to be one boy starting a thread based on hearing two neds talking on the bus.

Best ignored.

All a bit sad and I suspect made up to stir things up

JimBHibees
08-09-2021, 03:25 PM
All a bit sad and I suspect made up to stir things up

Sounds like bull to me. Agree.

Bostonhibby
08-09-2021, 03:31 PM
I doubt I'd sing it but that would be my take too. Bad taste in regards to Mercer understandable but leave his wife out of itI'm the same re Mercer but would actually be happy to see us move onto something that recognises their contribution to the biggest shock in Scottish cup history.

Big team and all that. [emoji23]

It definitely leaves our family yam with no words and he was happy enough with all those creditors.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
08-09-2021, 03:31 PM
Mercer more than earned a bad taste song.

Agree that his family are not fair game, but he didn’t give a f*** about Hibs fans so why should we care about his name being besmirched?[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

tamig
08-09-2021, 05:16 PM

When the Hibees go two up I want you to burst into this inoffensive little ditty

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Bobby Seith thought that he was dreaming when Arthur Duncan hammered number three in

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Bye Bye Jamtarts

The HIBS support thought that they were in Heaven when Alan Gordon headed in number seven

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Jamtarts Bye Bye

Various

Great song but not totally the same as the rendition my mate gives.

The last bit he sings is - Kenny Garland shut the gate, before the Hibees made it eight, Jam Tarts, bye bye.

BILLYHIBS
08-09-2021, 05:19 PM

The last bit he sings is - Kenny Garland shut the gate, before the Hibees made it eight, Jam Tarts, bye bye.
:thumbsup:

Rings a bell right enough

I was well inside the gate long before kickoff down the front clutching my Programme HIBS scarf on

JimboHibs
08-09-2021, 05:21 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/htw5RoNcpDSY14i9mS/giphy.gif

🤣😂👍

Since452
08-09-2021, 05:33 PM
If I don't see a smoke bomb after we score I'll be disappointed. Adds to the occasion.

gbhibby
08-09-2021, 05:40 PM

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Bye Bye Jamtarts

Jamtarts Bye Bye

Various
Always sang
Eddie Turnbull thought he was in heaven when Alan Gordon made it number seven.

St.Kristopher
08-09-2021, 05:42 PM

Post of the year!

BILLYHIBS
08-09-2021, 06:00 PM
Always sang
Eddie Turnbull thought he was in heaven when Alan Gordon made it number seven.
:agree:

wookie70
08-09-2021, 06:14 PM
If I don't see a smoke bomb after we score I'll be disappointed. Adds to the occasion.
Didn't for my daughter who was hit by one, fortunately unhurt but ruined her scarf. Glad you enjoy them though, prefer a good Hibs song myself and to be fair to the young team they have came up with lots of good ones. I have no idea if there is a youngish supporter singing element who sing some clever songs and generate a great atmosphere and a separate Ned, paedo obsessed, dead people's wife slagging, smoke bomb, coke filled idiot element or they are all a big group and one gives the other a bad name much as those Neds give the whole support a bad name.

lord bunberry
09-09-2021, 07:12 AM
If someone doesn’t sucker punch Craig Gordon I want a refund.

Keith_M
09-09-2021, 07:33 AM
Will there be petrol bombs?

Hibby70
09-09-2021, 09:52 AM

Not sure E10 grade has the same damage potential. But it's better for the planet.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-09-2021, 12:25 PM
Agreed. That place and Hampden attract the very dregs of our support. An unnecessary nuisance.

Are you saying these are Hibs fans who only go to these games?

Keith_M
09-09-2021, 12:38 PM
Not sure E10 grade has the same damage potential. But it's better for the planet.

Aye, how times have changed

:rolleyes:

tamig
09-09-2021, 12:49 PM
Are you saying these are Hibs fans who only go to these games?

Their behaviour seems to come to the fore more at these places. That’s all I’m saying. No idea if they go to other games or not.

WhileTheChief..
09-09-2021, 02:08 PM
It'll soon be illegal to offend or insult anyone the way things are going, so make the most of it whilst we can.

ClermistonGreen
09-09-2021, 02:11 PM
Ftg

JimBHibees
09-09-2021, 02:11 PM
Their behaviour seems to come to the fore more at these places. That’s all I’m saying. No idea if they go to other games or not.

Pretty much all need to be season ticket holders though do they not?

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2021, 02:15 PM

Naw, it was Bobby Seith who shut the gates.

Mr. Wonderful
09-09-2021, 02:19 PM
It'll soon be illegal to offend or insult anyone the way things are going, so make the most of it whilst we can.

The hu..sevco fans are trying their best to accelerate the sanitisation process. If we can keep them quiet maybe we can keep Scottish football sacred for a while longer.

CMurdoch
09-09-2021, 03:04 PM

They were at the Dundee game abusing Cummings.
The usual immature attention seekers.

CMurdoch
09-09-2021, 03:11 PM
The hu..sevco fans are trying their best to accelerate the sanitisation process. If we can keep them quiet maybe we can keep Scottish football sacred for a while longer.

They certainly have a bee in their bonnet. Trawling in numbers the social media of Daily Record journalists and Labour MP Paul Sweeney and reporting findings to Police, Labour Party and anyone else they think can cause damage to their targets. So far they have managed to trigger an investigation at the Daily Record into anti traveller tweets made by their journalists.

Dashing Bob S
09-09-2021, 03:12 PM
Daft, bored, alienated young lads, many of whom have no future, hanging out in a mob and acting up. A truly new and terrifying phenomenon which will best be tackled by some stern online disapproval.

Magpie
09-09-2021, 03:27 PM
Bring back the coconut.

Moulin Yarns
09-09-2021, 04:28 PM
Bring back the coconut.

Naw, it's to shy.

JXM73
09-09-2021, 04:38 PM
Naw, it's to shy.

You're just milkin it now

Moulin Yarns
09-09-2021, 04:41 PM
You're just milkin it now

I'm bounty be.

JimBHibees
09-09-2021, 05:21 PM
Daft, bored, alienated young lads, many of whom have no future, hanging out in a mob and acting up. A truly new and terrifying phenomenon which will best be tackled by some stern online disapproval.

BILLYHIBS
09-09-2021, 08:08 PM
Anyone remember the Cabana Bar ?

Up there with 0-7 😃

gbhibby
09-09-2021, 10:44 PM

Up there with 0-7 😃

Yes up there with Pacers, of sweets that need to make a comeback.

tamig
09-09-2021, 10:55 PM
Naw, it was Bobby Seith who shut the gates.

Nah. It wisnae.

Bobby Seith thought he was dreamin earlier.

wazoo1875
09-09-2021, 11:31 PM

Absolutely brilliant 😂😂

cabbageandribs1875
10-09-2021, 01:39 AM
They certainly have a bee in their bonnet. Trawling in numbers the social media of Daily Record journalists and Labour MP Paul Sweeney and reporting findings to Police, Labour Party and anyone else they think can cause damage to their targets. So far they have managed to trigger an investigation at the Daily Record into anti traveller tweets made by their journalists.

oooh they maybe should look for douglas ross tweets then......he's very anti-traveller

and doesn't care much for Gay rights either

Greenbeard
10-09-2021, 06:13 AM

Up there with 0-7 😃
Aztec

CMurdoch
10-09-2021, 10:05 AM
oooh they maybe should look for douglas ross tweets then......he's very anti-traveller

and doesn't care much for Gay rights either

He's not one of their targets. Two others have fallen though.
Janey Godley has had her SNP covid ad scratched as a result of her historical abusive tweets.
Presume she kept the £12k she was paid for it and the case will get lots of publicity so for a comedienne that might be good.
A Celtic leaning female solicitor and broadcaster Natasha Meikle has allegedly had to resign from the law firm, Burgess Paull, she worked for as a result of historical tweets which seem to be no more or less than calling Rangers fans huns etc. Rangers supporters complained to the firm and the law society.

Police and MP's being avalanched with complaints from Rangers supporters as they seek to damage those who they see as their enemies.
If those that hate the Rangers supporters singing do the same this whole thing sectarian thing could come to a head and be sorted by Christmas :wink:.

Peevemor
10-09-2021, 10:06 AM
He's not one of their targets.
Janey Godley is their latest target to fall with her SNP covid ad scratched as a result of her historical abusive tweets.
Presume she kept the £12k she was paid for it and will get lots of publicity so for a comedienne that might be good.

No, she's given it to charity.

Keith_M
10-09-2021, 11:54 AM
Did anybody see the thread title and think it a new catchphrase for Crocodile Dundee?

"That's not a drill..."

NOLA
10-09-2021, 01:08 PM

Is it July 12th already? [emoji91]

Since452
10-09-2021, 01:34 PM
I once heard a group of lads sing a bad song about Stefano Salvatori's wife at a derby in the mid 90's. Still coming to terms with it now. Probably E'd up. The scoundrels.

Lancs Harp
10-09-2021, 05:23 PM
Aztec

👍Aztec classic

WeeRussell
10-09-2021, 06:04 PM
Songs about someone dying from MND are beyond the pale, but cancer is fine because we really didn’t like Mercer? Seems strange.

Never been one for any songs revelling in the death of other people, but it’s highly hypocritical if anyone is lecturing others about what songs are acceptable at football matches and then dancing and singing about the death of Wallace mercer. In my opinion..

FWIW I think the opening post is a fair one. For all it was always going to get criticised from a few hard men that are likely offended by Rangers singing the sash, but lash out at any willingness to keep our own house clean.

Oh and the church gag was quality 😂👍

Lancs Harp
10-09-2021, 07:29 PM
Kicking off in my gaffe if we lose. Probably deliberately burn Sunday Lunch or something, plus lots of colourful language. I'll expect an email from Ibrox.

gbhibby
10-09-2021, 08:11 PM
Songs about someone dying from MND are beyond the pale, but cancer is fine because we really didn’t like Mercer? Seems strange.

Never been one for any songs revelling in the death of other people, but it’s highly hypocritical if anyone is lecturing others about what songs are acceptable at football matches and then dancing and singing about the death of Wallace mercer. In my opinion..

FWIW I think the opening post is a fair one. For all it was always going to get criticised from a few hard men that are likely offended by Rangers singing the sash, but lash out at any willingness to keep our own house clean.

Oh and the church gag was quality 😂👍
I have made that point frequently but certain people think its OK to sing about Mercer because he tried to kill our club. As a support we need to rise above it show Hibs Class.
I have said that people who think that Mercer song is OK have no place at Easter Road.
Good Post Wee Russell.

Iggy Pope
10-09-2021, 08:30 PM
He's not one of their targets. Two others have fallen though.
Janey Godley has had her SNP covid ad scratched as a result of her historical abusive tweets.
Presume she kept the £12k she was paid for it and the case will get lots of publicity so for a comedienne that might be good.
A Celtic leaning female solicitor and broadcaster Natasha Meikle has allegedly had to resign from the law firm, Burgess Paull, she worked for as a result of historical tweets which seem to be no more or less than calling Rangers fans huns etc. Rangers supporters complained to the firm and the law society.

Police and MP's being avalanched with complaints from Rangers supporters as they seek to damage those who they see as their enemies.
If those that hate the Rangers supporters singing do the same this whole thing sectarian thing could come to a head and be sorted by Christmas :wink:.

Talking loosely of course. She’s as funny as some of the diseases scattered about this thread.

tamig
10-09-2021, 08:42 PM
I have made that point frequently but certain people think its OK to sing about Mercer because he tried to kill our club. As a support we need to rise above it show Hibs Class.
I have said that people who think that Mercer song is OK have no place at Easter Road.
Good Post Wee Russell.
You have said it. And you can stick your opinion as far as I’m concerned. I loathed that character while he was alive and continue to do so since his demise. His song puts a smile on my face. The original version and not the one with the add-ons referencing his wife. No place at ER for having these thoughts? Behave man.

tmb1875
10-09-2021, 08:42 PM
Good Post Wee Russell.

Who are you to decide who goes to Easter road, you don’t like it shut your ears. The easily offended brigade on here make me chuckle. It was ok to get away with anything in the 70’s when folk were young and daft but not alright for young and daft laddies these days! Jeez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbhibby
10-09-2021, 08:57 PM
You have said it. And you can stick your opinion as far as I’m concerned. I loathed that character while he was alive and continue to do so since his demise. His song puts a smile on my face. The original version and not the one with the add-ons referencing his wife. No place at ER for having these thoughts? Behave man.
Quality post I think not. Revelling in a song about the death of someone is no better than the bigot brothers and their little ditties. Rise above it.

WeeRussell
10-09-2021, 08:58 PM
Who are you to decide who goes to Easter road, you don’t like it shut your ears. The easily offended brigade on here make me chuckle. It was ok to get away with anything in the 70’s when folk were young and daft but not alright for young and daft laddies these days! Jeez

He’s not deciding who goes to Easter Road though is he? He’s sharing his opinion that singing about a man being dead shouldn’t happen in our crowd. Your opinion is that it’s funny. You’re both entitled.

I’m not easily offended by very much at all. Hearing songs about Mercer dying or being dead doesn’t offend me.. I just don’t think they do our club’s image any favours at all, and I choose not to sing them as I don’t think revelling in death is right. Personally also find it a bit cringeworthy and embarrassing that grown men are wanting to sing and dance about a football stand over a man dying of cancer 15 years ago, as if it’s some hilarious joke or as if it actually bothers hearts fans… again, only my point of view.

It was okay to get away with racism and homophobia a few decades ago as well. Are those looking to eradicate that from the game in the easily offended brigade as well?

Iggy Pope
10-09-2021, 08:59 PM
Quality post I think not. Revelling in a song about the death of someone is no better than the bigot brothers and their little ditties. Rise above it.

I don’t sing about it mind but I’m really glad he’s dead.
Came a bit late but I’m glad all the same.

tmb1875
10-09-2021, 09:10 PM
He’s not deciding who goes to Easter Road though is he? He’s sharing his opinion that singing about a man being dead shouldn’t happen in our crowd. Your opinion is that it’s funny. You’re both entitled.

I’m not easily offended by very much at all. Hearing songs about Mercer dying or being dead doesn’t offend me.. I just don’t think they do our club’s image any favours at all, and I choose not to sing them as I don’t think revelling in death is right. Personally also find it a bit cringeworthy and embarrassing that grown men are wanting to sing and dance about a football stand over a man dying of cancer 15 years ago, as if it’s some hilarious joke or as if it actually bothers hearts fans… again, only my point of view.

It was okay to get away with racism and homophobia a few decades ago as well. Are those looking to eradicate that from the game in the easily offended brigade as well?

So your comparing the mercer song with monkey chants or the equivalent racist chants?
Maybe we should ban comedians who make dark jokes, or any jokes as there’s bound to be someone offended. While we’re at it anyone found swearing at the football automatic lifetime ban.

gbhibby
10-09-2021, 09:15 PM

It was not OK in the past as it not OK now. I have been going to games since the mid sixties so have heard all the offensive songs sung. Point I am making is that we need to show some class.
I have my opinions about Mercer hated what he tried to do, we need to move on happened a generation ago.
Lots of children at games now. Daddy why are you singing about somebody who has died a long time ago.

WeeRussell
10-09-2021, 09:16 PM
So your comparing the mercer song with monkey chants or the equivalent racist chants?
Maybe we should ban comedians who make dark jokes, or any jokes as there’s bound to be someone offended. While we’re at it anyone found swearing at the football automatic lifetime ban.

No. I’m telling you that just because you could supposedly do whatever you liked in the 70s doesn’t mean it’s right.

I still don’t think anyone’s offended here. Just a few of us not scared to share that we’re not fans of the Mercer songs. If you think they’re funny then carry on… there’s not much to debate. We don’t like them, you do. That’s life.

Or alternatively keep going on about swear words and lifetime bans, and coming out with exaggerated statements as if you’re struggling to justify singing about a man dying of cancer yourself.

Hibernian Verse
10-09-2021, 09:17 PM
Good to see everyone getting along well…

tmb1875
10-09-2021, 09:24 PM
No. I’m telling you that just because you could supposedly do whatever you liked in the 70s doesn’t mean it’s right.

I still don’t think anyone’s offended here. Just a few of us not scared to share that we’re not fans of the Mercer songs. If you think they’re funny then carry on… there’s not much to debate. We don’t like them, you do. That’s life.

Or alternatively keep going on about swear words and lifetime bans, and coming out with exaggerated statements as if you’re struggling to justify singing about a man dying of cancer yourself.

I don’t need to justify myself to anyone tbh, we all have differing opinions that’s good, I just can’t be doing with the condescending tone from some. People will do what they’re gonna do. Silently tut away while you hear the mercer song, I’ll be belting it out while we all wish the hibees on to win

10-09-2021, 09:26 PM
Shocking if true but an itk pal has informed me mercer might not make the derby.

gbhibby
10-09-2021, 09:29 PM
I don’t need to justify myself to anyone tbh, we all have differing opinions that’s good, I just can’t be doing with the condescending tone from some. People will do what they’re gonna do. Silently tut away while you hear the mercer song, I’ll be belting it out while we all wish the hibees on to win

Enjoy you night mate

gbhibby
10-09-2021, 09:37 PM
Hearts fans made up a song about Shades death and manner of his death, Celtic fans sang a song about Bobby McKeans death Rangers fans did the same about Johnny Doyle so tmb1875 its OK to sing about somebody who has died because its the other team irrespective of the circumstances.

tmb1875
10-09-2021, 09:43 PM
Hearts fans made up a song about Shades death and manner of his death, Celtic fans sang a song about Bobby McKeans death Rangers fans did the same about Johnny Doyle so tmb1875 its OK to sing about somebody who has died because its the other team irrespective of the circumstances.

Makes no odds to me mate, sing what they want. If I’m sat there and I don’t like hearing something best thing to is start a song you do like imo.

ErinGoBraghHFC
10-09-2021, 09:56 PM
Good Post Wee Russell.
Wallace is that you? You're deed Wallace you need to let go. . Seriously but, get to **** with that patter, Hertz fan in disguise?

ErinGoBraghHFC
10-09-2021, 09:58 PM
Shocking if true but an itk pal has informed me mercer might not make the derby.

Wonder if it's serious 🤔

Greenbeard
10-09-2021, 10:03 PM

Maybe it's just me and the fact that when I can manage to get to ER I am not sat amidst the choir, but I can't for the life of me make out the words to most Hibs songs sung in the ground these days.

oldbutdim
10-09-2021, 10:14 PM

They always say that about John Robertson too, but he'll turn up. Probably score the winner too, the wee fat ******* that he is.

Robbo, no Mercer.

tamig
10-09-2021, 10:51 PM

Those comparisons don’t stand up at all. Ridiculous. There is a big difference. Anyway, you move on if you like, show Hibs class, rise above it. I’ll smile when the song is belted out with gusto.

WhileTheChief..
10-09-2021, 11:00 PM
It was not OK in the past as it not OK now. I have been going to games since the mid sixties so have heard all the offensive songs sung. Point I am making is that we need to show some class.
I have my opinions about Mercer hated what he tried to do, we need to move on happened a generation ago.
Lots of children at games now. Daddy why are you singing about somebody who has died a long time ago.

Why?

Not trying to be smart but it's derby day. I want vitriol, hatred, nastiness, abuse and to cause as much offence to anything Hearts related as possible for a couple of hours.

Well son, that man they're singing about tried to kill Hibs. We'll talk about it a bit more when we get home, it's important you know about it.

WhileTheChief..
10-09-2021, 11:04 PM
Maybe it's just me and the fact that when I can manage to get to ER I am not sat amidst the choir, but I can't for the life of me make out the words to most Hibs songs sung in the ground these days.

:top marksI'm forever banging this drum. Same applies when the old firm visit. If you didn't already know the words to the tunes you wouldn't have a clue.

There's folk on here that think fans around Europe can magically decipher the words, bringing shame on Scotland.

Try watching a game from Croatia and see how you get on working out what they're singing!!

LunasBoots
11-09-2021, 02:49 AM
Andy Halliday, Andy Halliday, thought he won the cup....

The Mercer song gets brought up every derby, if you don't like it don't sing it, the issue runs deep with a lot of folk so understandable really.

FilipinoHibs
11-09-2021, 05:58 AM
The one song I don't like is the Refugee song because it is racist/xeonphobic. I will tell people to stop singing it at games , pointing out we were founded by refugees.

Just like songs about Thatcher, songs about Mercer
don't bother me. He was a bun supporting, Thatcherite, tax dodger who tried to kill our club. His family still try and justify would he tried to do to Hibs in various newspaper articles.

hibee-boys
11-09-2021, 06:11 AM
If any of the young team saw the video from Glasgow of the Rangers fan holding the smoke bomb they’d think twice!

hibbysam
11-09-2021, 06:41 AM
They always say that about John Robertson too, but he'll turn up. Probably score the winner too, the wee fat ******* that he is.

Robbo, no Mercer.

No chance of Mercer being a fat ******* now. Down where he belongs.

Since452
11-09-2021, 06:51 AM
It's a derby. I know everyone is different but I won't be offended by anything that Hearts fans sing and I won't be apologising for anything I sing. It's been a horrific couple of years, first derby with fans in that time so people will be wanting to vent and let everything out. Some of my best mates are Jambos but during that 90 minutes will be a bit of a naughty boy and I'd be disappointed if they weren't thinking likewise.

staunchhibby
11-09-2021, 07:00 AM
I believe Jane Godley has donated her fee to charity

hibee-boys
11-09-2021, 07:02 AM
Some people seem to try and find ways to be offended these days. I’ve never came out of a football ground emotionally scarred by what opposition fans have sang about us, it’s usually forgotten by the time I get back to the car or to the pub! Yes, thankfully we very rarely see any racist and homophobic language/songs at games so our game has greatly improved from that perspective but let’s not be too worried about songs sang at football games, the songbook is diminishing enough as it is!

StevesFamau5
11-09-2021, 07:07 AM
If any of the young team saw the video from Glasgow of the Rangers fan holding the smoke bomb they’d think twice!Aye that's a bit of a splice and dice. The smoke bomb did explode but it didn't do the damage the still image shows. That's from a fireworks incident in South America I believe.

Smoke bombs or grenades are not fire or temperature based. They are max 35 degrees. I did a lot of research for photography stuff so I can use them around the K9s I have.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Mr. Wonderful
11-09-2021, 07:21 AM
How has this thread managed to deviate so far from the initial message?

I enjoy hurling some vitriol at jambos too, and I will do so tomorrow. I'm proposing just be being more careful than usual with what songs we sing and what we get up to in and out of the ground, people are watching with a fine tooth comb and I'd be disappointed to see hibs dragged through the murk when we could've avoided it. Would also suggest people put their phones away, nowt worse then a grass.

hibbysam
11-09-2021, 07:35 AM

I enjoy hurling some vitriol at jambos too, and I will do so tomorrow. I'm proposing just be being more careful than usual with what songs we sing and what we get up to in and out of the ground, people are watching with a fine tooth comb and I'd be disappointed to see hibs dragged through the murk when we could've avoided it. Would also suggest people put their phones away, nowt worse then a grass.

I couldn’t really care less what other fans have to say about ours. The club aren’t going to get into bother so it’s not worth worrying about. Also anyone with a phone out inside an Edinburgh derby needs their heads checked.

Mr. Wonderful
11-09-2021, 08:13 AM
I couldn’t really care less what other fans have to say about ours. The club aren’t going to get into bother so it’s not worth worrying about. Also anyone with a phone out inside an Edinburgh derby needs their heads checked.

Wouldn't like to see hibs in the situation where we're having to make statements about fans getting arrested and banned. And I'm not just on about inside the ground but outside too.

hibbysam
11-09-2021, 09:22 AM
Wouldn't like to see hibs in the situation where we're having to make statements about fans getting arrested and banned. And I'm not just on about inside the ground but outside too.

Why would they have to make a statement? Arrests happen at every single game of football both inside and out and I’ve rarely seen us comment on it publicly.

Carheenlea
11-09-2021, 08:53 PM

You’re pretty much insinuating that you don’t trust Hibs fans to behave themselves, despite no historical behaviour at derby matches that should cause anyone any concern.

Will you be watching the game tomorrow or just forensically examining the support, possibly in the hope, that you find something you can use as a stick to beat them with?

Mr. Wonderful
12-09-2021, 05:44 AM
You’re pretty much insinuating that you don’t trust Hibs fans to behave themselves, despite no historical behaviour at derby matches that should cause anyone any concern.

Will you be watching the game tomorrow or just forensically examining the support, possibly in the hope, that you find something you can use as a stick to beat them with?

Might I remind you of a recent Derby where an elderly hibs fan was caught on camera mouthing racial abuse? This is the type of incident we're hoping to avoid again. The last few derbies have seen incident as such and, although in the minority, the media will be absolutely desperate to even the score with this racism thing and rangers.

lord bunberry
12-09-2021, 07:35 AM
Might I remind you of a recent Derby where an elderly hibs fan was caught on camera mouthing racial abuse? This is the type of incident we're hoping to avoid again. The last few derbies have seen incident as such and, although in the minority, the media will be absolutely desperate to even the score with this racism thing and rangers.
Have a day off mate.

Mr. Wonderful
12-09-2021, 07:39 AM
Have a day off mate.

Excellent response that. Can only assume you're trying to add to your post count.

hibsbollah
12-09-2021, 07:42 AM
Excellent response that. Can only assume you're trying to add to your post count.

The incident you’re referring to was almost 4 years ago. While it DID happen, I’m not sure why it’s #1 on your list of concerns for today’s derby.

JimBHibees
12-09-2021, 07:49 AM

I agree that was wrong and the guy would have been suitably punished however I also remember the old firm played on the same day and a similarly aged Rangers fan was caught full on camera at the end of the game mouthing a clear sectarian obscenity. Guess which incident was totally ignored.

lord bunberry
12-09-2021, 07:50 AM
It’s derby day and you’re going on about some old guy muttering something under his breathe. Enjoy the day and stop trying to be our collective conscious.

Mr. Wonderful
12-09-2021, 08:20 AM
I agree that was wrong and the guy would have been suitably punished however I also remember the old firm played on the same day and a similarly aged Rangers fan was caught full on camera at the end of the game mouthing a clear sectarian obscenity. Guess which incident was totally ignored.

Which is my point. We'll be under the microscope even more now.

WhileTheChief..
12-09-2021, 08:30 AM
Car crash of a thread since the opening post.

Bridge hibs
12-09-2021, 08:46 AM
Give it your all today folks, get that stand bouncing 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

keep the faith
12-09-2021, 08:56 AM
Totally agree with the OP. I was never more proud of our support than in the 80s when tricolours and sectarianism started appearing and the support shouted it down and flushed it out.
Should be the same with the neddish stuff creeping in now. Lets keep our support raucous, intimidating and full on, but lets keep it hibs class. It's what separates us from gorgie and ibrox.

mcohibs
12-09-2021, 09:02 AM
Which is my point. We'll be under the microscope even more now.

Aye from you 😂

H18 SFR
12-09-2021, 09:09 AM
Driving up to the game from Ayr and islands in the stream comes on radio 2.

Made me remember this isn’t a drill!

😂😂

Moulin Yarns
12-09-2021, 09:21 AM
Driving up to the game from Ayr and islands in the stream comes on radio 2.

Made me remember this isn’t a drill!

😂😂

Did something by Beck come on next?

A Hi-Bee
12-09-2021, 09:27 AM
**** the hertz and all who support them and play for them as well, **** em all I say.
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

Mick O'Rourke
12-09-2021, 09:29 AM
Totally agree with the OP. I was never more proud of our support than in the 80s when tricolours and sectarianism started appearing and the support shouted it down and flushed it out.
Should be the same with the neddish stuff creeping in now. Lets keep our support raucous, intimidating and full on, but lets keep it hibs class. It's what separates us from gorgie and ibrox.

Fans flew tricolours during my youth late 50s, 60s and 70s.
Didnt know it was neddish or sectarian :greengrin

Said Patrick to Michael "Where was it today?

Went off to Tynecastle to see the Hibs play
Along came O'Rourke and he popped in a goal
Tynecastle erupted in Green White and Gold!

My tricolour as well, in the 0-4 game in the 60s
4 up after 8 minutes :flag:

A Hi-Bee
12-09-2021, 09:33 AM
Fans flew tricolours during my youth late 50s, 60s and 70s.
Didnt know it was neddish or sectarian :greengrin

Said Patrick to Michael "Where is it today?

Am off to Tynecastle to see the Hibs play
Along came O'Rourke and he popped in a goal
Tynecastle erupted in Green White and Gold!

My tricolour as well, in the 0-4 game in the 60s
4 up after 8 minutes :flag:

Aye an that was when we used to change ends as well, fighting your way around all in the best of taste of course, **** the hertz

12-09-2021, 09:34 AM
I’ve got my bottle of buckie, some gear and smoke bombs cannae wait 👍

A Hi-Bee
12-09-2021, 09:37 AM

Cheapskate, we were more a Harvey's Bristol cream, half bottle that would fit nice into a jacket along wi a few cans o export, at the time, never did find out what happened to the empties.

Mick O'Rourke
12-09-2021, 09:43 AM
Aye an that was when we used to change ends as well, fighting your way around all in the best of taste of course, **** the hertz

Aye,self discipline required.:greengrin

SteveHFC
12-09-2021, 09:44 AM

Have my flares with me 👍.

CMurdoch
12-09-2021, 10:30 AM
Did something by Beck come on next?

CMurdoch
12-09-2021, 10:38 AM

I'm all for Hibs supporters not crossing the line but that incident was one guy acting alone and reflected and reflects solely on him.

Mr. Wonderful
12-09-2021, 02:32 PM
Exceptionally well done today except one individual sitting near me, who spent the whole game looking at the hearts fans. Got called fat by them and tried to sing a disgusting song that's already been discussed in this thread in retort. Quickly shouted down by others and he then shut up.

Jambos tried to goad us into the refugee song at one point too and we didn't take the bait.

Mon they hibs.

Vini1875
12-09-2021, 02:49 PM
I miss the 70s

Pagan Hibernia
12-09-2021, 02:56 PM
Exceptionally well done today except one individual sitting near me, who spent the whole game looking at the hearts fans. Got called fat by them and tried to sing a disgusting song that's already been discussed in this thread in retort. Quickly shouted down by others and he then shut up.

Jambos tried to goad us into the refugee song at one point too and we didn't take the bait.

Mon they hibs.

what refugee song?

oldbutdim
12-09-2021, 02:59 PM
How did the goading manifest itself?
:confused:

mcohibs
12-09-2021, 02:59 PM

Mon they hibs.

Great post-chant analysis, thanks for letting us know. Maybe you can print out a list of songs you deem suitable for Hibs supporters to sing and hand them out at the next game?

CapitalGreen
12-09-2021, 03:01 PM

Mon they hibs.

You manage to catch any of the game in between taking notes on the behaviour of supporters around you?

Sammy7nil
12-09-2021, 03:05 PM
Great post-chant analysis, thanks for letting us know. Maybe you can print out a list of songs you deem suitable for Hibs supporters to sing and hand them out at the next game?

👍👍🤡

mcohibs
12-09-2021, 03:17 PM
I miss the 70s

Good old days when you could get in with flares

Moulin Yarns
12-09-2021, 03:21 PM

And platforms, kaftans and tiedye. 😉

CMurdoch
12-09-2021, 03:21 PM

Very good :hnet:

matty_f
12-09-2021, 03:25 PM
The Hibs fans sounded class on TV.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-09-2021, 03:30 PM

Mon they hibs.

Will you be able to get a comfortable nights sleep now?

Pretty Boy
12-09-2021, 03:33 PM
Hibs fans were brilliant today. Backed the team from 1st to last and gave them a well deserved ovation at FT which was reciprocated.

Absolutely nothing happened on 26 minutes from either end so no idea what that chat was all about.

Mr. Wonderful
12-09-2021, 03:46 PM

Was it you? Don't bother coming back.

Allez Hibs
12-09-2021, 03:51 PM
You manage to catch any of the game in between taking notes on the behaviour of supporters around you?

👏 👏 👏

hibsbollah
12-09-2021, 04:00 PM

Mon they hibs.

You still haven’t managed to explain how opposing fans can ‘goad’ us into singing the skacel song. Especially since we didn’t actually sing it.

There are always Hibs AND hearts fans who spend the whole game watching opposition fans, trying to get a rise or mock them based solely on wee hand signals and body movements, or shouts that you can never actually hear. Very very pointless IMO when there’s a game to watch, but it always happens and isn’t anything to get the rage about really.

calumhibee1
12-09-2021, 04:02 PM
Hibs fans were brilliant today. Backed the team from 1st to last and gave them a well deserved ovation at FT which was reciprocated.

Absolutely nothing happened on 26 minutes from either end so no idea what that chat was all about.

I think they had a half arsed chant about Zaliukas for about 10 seconds and that was it.

Maybe they realised Hibs fans weren’t actually going to boo it and decided to give up trying to get us to.

Iggy Pope
12-09-2021, 04:04 PM

Mon they hibs.

Was the fellah fat though? I think we should be told.

BILLYHIBS
12-09-2021, 04:05 PM
Still got my HIBS Poncho :greengrin

JimBHibees
12-09-2021, 04:08 PM

Yep brilliant support today

Mr. Wonderful
12-09-2021, 04:10 PM
You still haven’t managed to explain how opposing fans can ‘goad’ us into singing the skacel song. Especially since we didn’t actually sing it.

There are always Hibs AND hearts fans who spend the whole game watching opposition fans, trying to get a rise or mock them based solely on wee hand signals and body movements, or shouts that you can never actually hear. Very very pointless IMO when there’s a game to watch, but it always happens and isn’t anything to get the rage about really.

They sang "rudi skacel is a goal machine". Anyone sitting in row M, down at the front at the security cordon will back my story up. Lardy boy told someone he was going to punch them after being told to give it a rest.

Allez Hibs
12-09-2021, 04:16 PM
They sang "rudi skacel is a goal machine". Anyone sitting in row M, down at the front at the security cordon will back my story up. Lardy boy told someone he was going to punch them after being told to give it a rest.

You seem to be trying to find a problem in what was a good days work for the club getting a result at what is historically difficult venue for us. It is the Edinburgh Derby. What are you expecting from the fans exactly? It is nothing like the vitriol of the Old Firm Derby, quite the opposite actually given we all have friends who are Hearts fans. There is no need to keep posting about it.

Since90+2
12-09-2021, 04:17 PM

That isn't goading us to sing the refugee song, that's a very odd conclusion to come to. It's them signing about one of their biggest icons of recent years.

Iggy Pope
12-09-2021, 04:18 PM

Did you speak to this lardy chap in your role today as observer?

Hibernian Verse
12-09-2021, 04:22 PM

They did sing that and yes I was in M first row. They’re not trying to goad us, they were singing about a club legend that scored plenty goals against us. Have a day off.

hibsbollah
12-09-2021, 04:26 PM

See, that’s not goading. And your body shaming behaviour calling the poor chap ‘lardy boy’ leaves me quite frankly, appalled. He might have a thyroid condition for all you know.

lord bunberry
12-09-2021, 04:31 PM
See, that’s not goading. And your body shaming behaviour calling the poor chap ‘lardy boy’ leaves me quite frankly, appalled. He might have a thyroid condition for all you know.
He was autistic. At least that’s what he was claiming anyway.

Pagan Hibernia
12-09-2021, 04:31 PM
This pointless thread needs to be punted.

Hibs fans know very well how to behave themselves.

H18 SFR
12-09-2021, 04:33 PM
This doesn’t make easy readings, really disappointed in the OP for essentially fat shaming someone.

This is the type of abusive comment I hate seeing/reading hibs fans make.

There is simply no need to be so abusive.

hibsbollah
12-09-2021, 04:38 PM
He was autistic. At least that’s what he was claiming anyway.

It could all have been a simple misunderstanding. The poor lad was shouting ‘I’m on the ****ing spectrum’, which could sound like ‘I’m going to kick your ****ing specs in’ to the OP.

lord bunberry
12-09-2021, 04:44 PM
It could all have been a simple misunderstanding. The poor lad was shouting ‘I’m on the ****ing spectrum’, which could sound like ‘I’m going to kick your ****ing specs in’ to the OP.
I think that’s entirely possible and should be taken into account before we start with the body shaming.

Greenbeard
12-09-2021, 04:49 PM
This doesn’t make easy readings, really disappointed in the OP for essentially fat shaming someone.

This is the type of abusive comment I hate seeing/reading hibs fans make.

There is simply no need to be so abusive.
Own up. It was you wasn't it.

Jay
12-09-2021, 04:52 PM
Time to close this now.