PDA

View Full Version : Re Barrie McKay

Mrimbetween
07-09-2021, 02:59 PM
Looks like we were in for him if Savage tweet is anything to go by

Pity, good player but wasnt to be sadly

skyehibee
07-09-2021, 03:00 PM
Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “We beat off interest from near, in fact very near, and afar to get Barrie’s signature and we’re very happy to have done so.

PatHead
07-09-2021, 03:02 PM
Who has he signed for?

JimBHibees
07-09-2021, 03:03 PM
Who has he signed for?

Surely that can be deduced from the bitterness of the comment. :greengrin

hibby rae
07-09-2021, 03:03 PM
Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “We beat off interest from near, in fact very near, and afar to get Barrie’s signature and we’re very happy to have done so.

Livi or Edinburgh City?

Hutchy Vale?

Spike Mandela
07-09-2021, 03:04 PM
Seriously? An average midfielder in an area where we are well covered.:confused:

Oscar T Grouch
07-09-2021, 03:04 PM
Who has he signed for?

hearts on a 2 year deal. Savage is their Sporting Director

Stuart93
07-09-2021, 03:05 PM
Seriously? An average midfielder in ann area wher we are well covered.:confused:

Aye there’s no chance we tried to sign him in an area we’re well covered in. Savage playing up to the jambo hoards. Still salty we beat them to one of Scotland’s best strikers.

PatHead
Based on your comment I assume it's Hearts? Didn't sense any bitterness in the op

hibby rae
I'm not arsed about that at all tbh.

Hearts signing policy is 'I've heard of them'. It's like someone playing FM.

PatHead
07-09-2021, 03:06 PM
hearts on a 2 year deal. Savage is their Sporting Director

Thanks

JimBHibees
Based on your comment I assume it's Hearts? Didn't sense any bitterness in the op

Bitterness in their sporting director comment.

Hiber-nation
Hearts are addicted to signing average at best players.

BILLYHIBS
07-09-2021, 03:09 PM
Hearts trying their best to make sure they beat us on Sunday

Bring it on !

Oscar T Grouch
07-09-2021, 03:11 PM
That might be an indication of the extent of Murphy's injury if what Savage said it true. But with Dan MacKay being a left winger it sounds strange for us to be going for him. Probably BS from Savage :jamboclow

Stuart93
07-09-2021, 03:12 PM
Hearts trying their best to make sure they beat us on Sunday

Bring it on !

I hope we’re doing the same to be honest. Why wouldn’t they be 😂?

BILLYHIBS
07-09-2021, 03:14 PM
I hope we’re doing the same to be honest. Why wouldn’t they be 😂?
Suppose so

But hardly quaking in ma boots

Ozyhibby
07-09-2021, 03:15 PM
Best to ignore. Time for talking is done anyway. It’s all about winning on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
07-09-2021, 03:17 PM
Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “We beat off interest from near, in fact very near, and afar to get Barrie’s signature and we’re very happy to have done so.Sounds like they've replaced Desperate Dan in the slavering ersehole department.

Barrie Mackay? Can't see what he would add at Hibs at all but can see why the thieves would want another ex hun on the way down.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Stuart93
Suppose so

But hardly quaking in ma boots

Na far from it...I wouldn’t mind a bit more depth on the bench mind you

Torto7
Meh. I see the latest weirdo has managed to mention us in every interview so far. He seems like the typical Tory cardigan wearing establishment type who so fantastically represents their out of touch blowhard fans.

Theyll do what most promoted teams do start off well then run out of steam. We have far more goals in our team than they do. By the time Late Oct/Nov comes around they'll be struggling.

1875Sean
07-09-2021, 03:21 PM
Sounds like we were in from him

Moira Gordon
@moira_gordon
·
15m
Barrie McKay joins Hearts on a two-year deal. Hibs fail in last-gasp bid to convince the 26 year-old winger to join them instead. He goes straight into squad for this weekend's derby!

Heisenberg
07-09-2021, 03:23 PM

Moira Gordon
@moira_gordon
·
15m
Barrie McKay joins Hearts on a two-year deal. Hibs fail in last-gasp bid to convince the 26 year-old winger to join them instead. He goes straight into squad for this weekend's derby!

If that’s true then I wonder why it’s so last minute. He’s been available for months and we’ve got a good bit of depth out wide.

lord bunberry
07-09-2021, 03:24 PM
Who is he? His name is familiar but I can’t remember him.

MagicSwirlingShip
07-09-2021, 03:25 PM

Moira Gordon
@moira_gordon
·
15m

Moira just repeating the party line IMO

Peevemor
07-09-2021, 03:27 PM

Moira Gordon
@moira_gordon
·
15m

I find that very hard to believe. We unexpectedly sign someone like JDH early in the window, then a player like Dylan Tait - again unexpected and one for the future when nobody else was sniffing about.

But folk expect us to believe with players like Griffiths or Barry McKay, that everybody knows are up for grabs, we hang about and try to hijack deals at the last minute?

I just don't see it.

degenerated
07-09-2021, 03:29 PM
That might be an indication of the extent of Murphy's injury if what Savage said it true. But with Dan MacKay being a left winger it sounds strange for us to be going for him. Probably BS from Savage :jamboclowBe very strange, almost unbelievable, that we were interested given we have Daniel Mackay whose career is on an upward trajectory and were looking at a 3rd left winger whose career ha gone very much the opposite direction.

Smartie
07-09-2021, 03:30 PM
Moira Gordon has a Hearts leaning herself, does she not?

That said - is it unreasonable to be a wee bit concerned about how many of our attempts to sign players appears to have been "last ditch" - and also unsuccessful?

I'm not all that unhappy with our squad overall, we're maybe a bit short of depth up front, but I can't help but think Jack Ross will be getting a bit frustrated if he's agreed to the signing of certain players only for them to end up not joining us, or pitching up elsewhere.

And on this occasion, in the opposition squad for a very important derby.

hibbysam
07-09-2021, 03:31 PM
Bang average winger, hasn’t scored goals anywhere he’s been including the lower dredges of the Scottish leagues. Certainly wouldn’t get in our side. Still living off the semi final against Celtic. Reminds me of Gregg Wylde.

Hibs90
07-09-2021, 03:32 PM
They have a very unhealthy obsession with us, they literally mention us in every statement.

I hope we do them at the weekend.

weecounty hibby
07-09-2021, 03:32 PM
Hearts are obsessed with Hibs. Everything they do revolves around Hibs. Sign a player, Hibs tried to sign him. Build a stand, better than Hibs. Appoint a manager, beat Hibs to his appointment. Total fuds.

Unseen work
07-09-2021, 03:33 PM
A good player and one id have been happy to see us sign, think he would have suited us well.

Hope the news about a failed last minute bid are false as it’s embarrassing if true.

He’s been free all summer, we shouldn’t be trying for him st the last second when he’s already joining hearts.

JohnM1875
07-09-2021, 03:35 PM
Do folk honestly believe people just make up we were interested for the hell of it or because they support Hearts?

I'm not saying the press etc can't be wrong, there's evidence of that being the case. But it seems like we've clearly shown an interest in McKay late on and he's gone to Hearts.

For what it's worth Murphy seems to have become more injury prone now he's older and I don't think MacKay is ready to be in the first team yet so I can see why we were interested. Also makes sense why McKay would choose them. Far less competition to get game time.

Stuart93
07-09-2021, 03:36 PM
Do folk honestly believe people just make up we were interested for the hell of it or because they support Hearts?

I'm not saying the press etc can't be wrong, there's evidence of that being the case. But it seems like we've clearly shown an interest in McKay late on and he's gone to Hearts.

For what it's worth Murphy seems to have become more injury prone now he's older and I don't think MacKay is ready to be in the first team yet so I can see why we were interested. Also makes sense why McKay would choose them. Far less competition to get game time.

To be honest I’d rather we gave Mackay a chance than bring in a player like McKay

JohnM1875
07-09-2021, 03:37 PM
To be honest I’d rather we gave Mackay a chance than bring in a player like McKay

Same here. Even with the reasons I provided in my original post I don't think we need McKay so not bothered he's gone to them.

Think MacKay will definitely come good and for that he needs to play.

Diclonius
07-09-2021, 03:42 PM
I'd have been very happy with McKay.

Are we looking at bringing anyone in?

Smartie
07-09-2021, 03:43 PM

Same here. Even with the reasons I provided in my original post I don't think we need McKay so not bothered he's gone to them.

Think MacKay will definitely come good and for that he needs to play.

Yep.

Daniel MacKay looks like he needs to be playing and in my opinion he doesn't look ready to play for us yet.

He should probably have been loaned back for the season.

Not a popular opinion but I think Hibs have pissed about a bit this summer. It's not disastrous imo, but we could and should have been in a better position than we are in.

Although if either Boyle or Nisbet find themselves out long-term then it could quickly find itself borderline disastrous.

Mr. Wonderful
07-09-2021, 03:43 PM
I'd have been very happy with McKay.

Are we looking at bringing anyone in?

Yes

Diclonius
07-09-2021, 03:46 PM

McKay's agent: Hey guys my player's away to sign for Hearts, anyone else fancy putting in a better offer?

Hibs: Aye maybe

McKay's agent: Actually never mind, he's signed the contract

Hibs: Ok

This guy: AAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA GET ****ED HIBS WE WIN AGAIN #OWNED #EZ

Stuart93
07-09-2021, 03:50 PM
Yep.

Daniel MacKay looks like he needs to be playing and in my opinion he doesn't look ready to play for us yet.

He should probably have been loaned back for the season.

Not a popular opinion but I think Hibs have pissed about a bit this summer. It's not disastrous imo, but we could and should have been in a better position than we are in.

Although if either Boyle or Nisbet find themselves out long-term then it could quickly find itself borderline disastrous.

Oft get your tin hat on. Last time I accused hibs of pissing about, in the McCart transfer I believe, I was berated for it.

Bostonhibby
07-09-2021, 03:53 PM
Hearts are obsessed with Hibs. Everything they do revolves around Hibs. Sign a player, Hibs tried to sign him. Build a stand, better than Hibs. Appoint a manager, beat Hibs to his appointment. Total fuds.See when that stands finished.........

Currently the best unfinished, self built by an septuagenarian single tier stand anywhere in the world.

I'm convinced that's why Barrie chose them over Hibs.

Ronniekirk
07-09-2021, 03:56 PM
Signing any one they can before the Derby

Sioux
07-09-2021, 03:57 PM
A throw away line from hertz designed to push the 'we are the big team' agenda, and lo and behold Hibs' signing policy is a disaster.

Some folk will believe anything if it suits their agenda to have a pop at 'their own club'. Quite pathetic really.

flash
07-09-2021, 04:00 PM
It's a conspiracy between the player, his agent, Hertz and the Evening News to make us look bad.
I ain't falling for it.

Smartie
07-09-2021, 04:02 PM
A throw away line from hertz designed to push the 'we are the big team' agenda, and lo and behold Hibs' signing policy is a disaster.

Some folk will believe anything if it suits their agenda to have a pop at 'their own club'. Quite pathetic really.

It's a pitiful jibe from Hearts, but no more than you might expect.

Is it that unreasonable an opinion to hold though, that we might have done more in the transfer market this summer?

I have no axe to grind with Hibs, I'm quite happy with the way things are going right now, and am fairly confident ahead of Sunday.

Are you not just a wee bit frustrated that we appear to have had a fairly frantic last week leading to little end product?

Or are you preferring to just look forward to seeing the goalie from Clyde warm up a couple of times next season when he gets the chance?

flash
07-09-2021, 04:04 PM
It's a pitiful jibe from Hearts, but no more than you might expect.

Is it that unreasonable an opinion to hold though, that we might have done more in the transfer market this summer?

I have no axe to grind with Hibs, I'm quite happy with the way things are going right now, and am fairly confident ahead of Sunday.

Are you not just a wee bit frustrated that we appear to have had a fairly frantic last week leading to little end product?

Or are you preferring to just looking forward to seeing the goalie from warm up a couple of times next season when he gets the chance?
The end of the transfer window was shambolic. We are yet again one injury away from a pretty bad situation.

Nicho87
07-09-2021, 04:07 PM
Late with the rovers boy
Late with McGrath
Late with McKay

No problems here ….

Mr. Wonderful
07-09-2021, 04:08 PM
Murphy's last spell in league one: 10 games, 7 goals and 3 assists

Barrie McKay league one last season: 26 games, 2 goals and 4 assists.

We've the better of the two ex stickies.

Steve20
07-09-2021, 04:12 PM
IF we wanted him, it's yet another failed attempt at brining a player in. After the McCart and McGrath failures, this would be another one. There is something wrong in the way we approach transfers that we're not getting deals over the line. The lack of depth in some positions in our squad speaks volume at that.

I don't actually believe we were in for him, just Hearts continued mentions of Hibs causing media to believe that. But that doesn't take away from the others we did fail to bring in over the summer.

Sioux
07-09-2021, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=Smartie;6685012]It's a pitiful jibe from Hearts, but no more than you might expect.

Is it that unreasonable an opinion to hold though, that we might have done more in the transfer market this summer?Only if you want it to be.

Are you not just a wee bit frustrated that we appear to have had a fairly frantic last week leading to little end product? Not really. These things happen, that's if they happened at all of course.

Or are you preferring to just look forward to seeing the goalie from Clyde warm up a couple of times next season when he gets the chance? Aye OK.

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2021, 04:20 PM
IF we wanted him, it's yet another failed attempt at brining a player in. After the McCart and McGrath failures, this would be another one. There is something wrong in the way we approach transfers that we're not getting deals over the line. The lack of depth in some positions in our squad speaks volume at that.

I don't actually believe we were in for him, just Hearts continued mentions of Hibs causing media to believe that. But that doesn't take away from the others we did fail to bring in over the summer.

You know you are 100% correct if you discount the players we did sign during the window, Tait, JDH, Wood & Scott, also Mitchel. Why did we not get every target?

Dashing Bob S
07-09-2021, 04:22 PM
Hmmm. Football. From Hibs POV I can’t really see where he was needed, he’s not massively impressive and I’m delighted Hearts are obsessed with us.

But all this is irrelevant. He either bombs or shines in every environment.

lord bunberry
07-09-2021, 04:24 PM
If this guy was that good he wouldn’t be a free agent. We’re more than covered for wingers and for that reason I doubt we were ever trying to sign this guy.

Billy Whizz
07-09-2021, 04:25 PM
Mckay is a Hibs legend, was involved in the move for one of the Cup Final goals, 2nd or 3rd one. SDG took the ball off him, won a throw, and the rest they say is history

Stuart93
07-09-2021, 04:33 PM
Murphy's last spell in league one: 10 games, 7 goals and 3 assists

Barrie McKay league one last season: 26 games, 2 goals and 4 assists.

We've the better of the two ex stickies.

Yet we’re without Murphy again for another important tie at the weekend because he’s out injured. I get what you’re saying and I do prefer Murphy to McKay but the amount of injuries Murphys picked up now is becoming concerning

Magpie
07-09-2021, 04:35 PM
When Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup, McKay was there 🎶

lord bunberry
07-09-2021, 04:35 PM
Yet we’re without Murphy again for another important tie at the weekend because he’s out injured. I get what you’re saying and I do prefer Murphy to McKay but the amount of injuries Murphys picked up now is becoming concerning
Is he definitely out?

Stuart93
07-09-2021, 04:36 PM
Is he definitely out?

I believe so. Not been much update on him though.

lord bunberry
07-09-2021, 04:38 PM
I believe so. Not been much update on him though.
I’m still hoping he makes it, but I’ve not heard anything either.

Stuart93
07-09-2021, 04:39 PM
I’m still hoping he makes it, but I’ve not heard anything either.

Just judging by his reaction when it happened it seemed like he knew it could rule him out for a bit but more than happy to be wrong on that

07-09-2021, 04:41 PM
Moira just repeating the party line IMO

That's it exactly. Both the Sporting Director and the player trying to ingratiate themselves with the fans because they fall for it every time. Levein was the master manipulator who constantly played them for fools by having a wee dig at us from time to time thereby buying himself more time in the job.

Bit sad and pathetic how they continually need to make reference to us in their official communications.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we were never interested at all.

SMAXXA
07-09-2021, 04:44 PM
Late with the rovers boy
Late with McGrath
Late with McKay

No problems here ….

Truth be known you could add JDH to that list as he was set to sign for United then we came in and gazunped them.

BILLYHIBS
07-09-2021, 04:44 PM
Potter played the Pantomime Villain to a tee

I miss him :greengrin

Happy with our Mackay thank you very much!

Since452
07-09-2021, 04:48 PM
2016 legend. Bang average player.

Smartie
07-09-2021, 04:48 PM
I think we’ve expected to lose players and been a bit surprised not to.

That’s obviously impacted the budget we’ve had to add to the squad.

Other clubs have probably just either been more desperate than us to secure the targets or been in a position where they could afford to reject our lowball offers for players.

Leaves us a bit vulnerable, we might get away with it and we might not.

I get that there are those people who are less inclined to criticise the club, constructively or otherwise, but it’s ok to be critical sometimes. The club will always get some stuff right and some stuff wrong, at the moment it’s mostly right but it doesn’t mean they should avoid criticism for what they don’t get right.

We haven’t been great at being proactive though, and our recruitment plan b has been pretty poor this summer.

Since452
07-09-2021, 04:51 PM

Are we? Not being funny. Not heard if he's out.

Brooster
07-09-2021, 04:52 PM
Let them keep talking. Gobby cranks.

Cod Boy
07-09-2021, 04:52 PM
Was average at Fleetwood

Since452
07-09-2021, 04:56 PM
Why do Hearts feel the need to mention Hibs in absolutely everything? Hahaha. Even had a bizarre thing about Doidge on Twitter when they signed the Welsh guy. Strange.

WeeRussell
07-09-2021, 04:58 PM
I think he may have been a decent addition to the squad. Now hope he’s a sh*te signing for them.

Now off to read this statement people are referring to for a laugh.

hibbysam
07-09-2021, 05:00 PM
Was average at Fleetwood

And everywhere else he’s played.

Since90+2
07-09-2021, 05:01 PM
I've got a feeling we'll sign someone before Sunday.

Since452
07-09-2021, 05:01 PM
Remember him for the long diagonal ball be booted out the park for Der Hun in the 2016 final. Fond memories.

SteveHFC
07-09-2021, 05:02 PM
Remember him for the long diagonal ball be booted out the park for Der Hun in the 2016 final. Fond memories.

Good times.

A Hi-Bee
07-09-2021, 05:02 PM
Ha, ha,ha **** the hertz, I repeat **** the hertz
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

flash
07-09-2021, 05:03 PM

The one positive outcome of this is that we are still looking.

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2021, 05:04 PM
Once too often in this case. I think the latter end of our transfer window was a shambles and this adds to it.
Doubt I fall I the category you were implying.

Why does everything have to be a shambles/horrendous/car crash when something does not work out how we want it to?

Should we just say **** it, give them what they want irrespective of the price or the manager thinks they are worth it?

Crab apple
07-09-2021, 05:05 PM
I'm not going to lose any sleep over not signing Barrie McKay.
Why is it that people in authority at the Bus Shelter lack any class. I can't think of any other club in Scotland that plays up to their fans with cheap digs and jibes about opponents.

07-09-2021, 05:08 PM
Why do Hearts feel the need to mention Hibs in absolutely everything? Hahaha. Even had a bizarre thing about Doidge on Twitter when they signed the Welsh guy. Strange.

Did they? That's pathetic. Couldn't believe it when they had to bring us into it when their transfer of ownership went through last week. You'd have thought it would have just been about Hearts. Makes a mockery of that slogan of their's. "Only Hearts"

Stuart93
07-09-2021, 05:10 PM
Are we? Not being funny. Not heard if he's out.

I’m only basing it on his reaction to going down against livi. He was pretty pee’d off as if he knew his hamstring was away.

Just_Jimmy
Late with the rovers boy
Late with McGrath
Late with McKay

No problems here ….Signed the rovers boy

Circumstances meant we didn't get a lot of time but almost agreed a cash plus two players deal for mcgrath

Debatable we even tried to sign mckay.

We did sign a number or players who have improved us as well as extending contracts of key players. We go into the Derby top of the league.

You're right, no major problems here.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

flash
Why does everything have to be a shambles/horrendous/car crash when something does not work out how we want it to?

Should we just say **** it, give them what they want irrespective of the price or the manager thinks they are worth it?

It was a shambles.
We ended up scrambling around at 11.55 trying to do deals. One failed and the other went through at 11.58.
The manager mentioned on numerous occasions we needed another forward yet we failed to get one.
I tend to cut the club a fair bit of slack but not on this occasion.

Mikey_1875
07-09-2021, 05:11 PM
If we were in for McGrath I don’t think its unreasonable to think we might have been in for McKay, the reason for the delay may have been we had been hopeful for someone better like McGrath but now fell down the pecking order to McKay.

For what it’s worth I would have taken him but certainly wouldn’t have been worth being one of the higher earners at the club and don’t think he would have made our first eleven when everyone is fit. Instead we can put the wages from what would have been someone coming in as cover to a better quality player in Jan.

Cod Boy
07-09-2021, 05:12 PM
He was on silly money at Swansea they will be paying him a big wage

easty
07-09-2021, 05:12 PM
If we were in for McGrath I don’t think its unreasonable to think we might have been in for McKay, the reason for the delay may have been we had been hopeful for someone better like McGrath but now fell down the pecking order to McKay.

For what it’s worth I would have taken him but certainly wouldn’t have been worth being one of the higher earners at the club and don’t think he would have made our first eleven when everyone is fit. Instead we can put the wages from what would have been someone coming in as cover to a better quality player in Jan.

McGrath and McKay are nothing alike though.

Killiehibbie
07-09-2021, 05:13 PM
Who is he? His name is familiar but I can’t remember him.

The love child of Gary and Ferguson

Mikey_1875
07-09-2021, 05:13 PM

Both wingers I thought?

green day
07-09-2021, 05:14 PM
I'm not going to lose any sleep over not signing Barrie McKay.
Why is it that people in authority at the Bus Shelter lack any class. I can't think of any other club in Scotland that plays up to their fans with cheap digs and jibes about opponents.

It seems clear that it is a "strategy" from above there. It has been going on since they had that Rugby guy referring to us as Docksiders, to their obsessed social media and announcer guy Wilson.

On the basis that they deem themselves to be a "big club" and in some bizarre way look down on us as being not on their level...............and yet they still seem to mention us at every opportunity - they clearly have some kind of a complex about us - it is rather weird.

As i said, it comes from the top regardless of who is there - if Dr Mrs Budge wanted it to stop, she would have done so - she clearly thinks "its all just a laugh" as well.

easty
07-09-2021, 05:16 PM
Both wingers I thought?

I could be wrong…but whenever I’ve seen McGrath he’s been central, he doesn’t play like a winger at all.

PatHead
07-09-2021, 05:18 PM

Moira Gordon
@moira_gordon
·
15m

That the same Moira Gordon who said that the At Mirren deal was going through.

Heisenberg
07-09-2021, 05:18 PM
I could be wrong…but whenever I’ve seen McGrath he’s been central, he doesn’t play like a winger at all.

Yeah McGrath is a central player, either in behind the striker or a bit further back.

07-09-2021, 05:20 PM
It seems clear that it is a "strategy" from above there. It has been going on since they had that Rugby guy referring to us as Docksiders, to their obsessed social media and announcer guy Wilson.

On the basis that they deem themselves to be a "big club" and in some bizarre way look down on us as being not on their level...............and yet they still seem to mention us at every opportunity - they clearly have some kind of a complex about us - it is rather weird.

As i said, it comes from the top regardless of who is there - if Dr Mrs Budge wanted it to stop, she would have done so - she clearly thinks "its all just a laugh" as well.

They do. They have a superiority complex.

JammyDoidger
07-09-2021, 05:20 PM
It was a shambles.
We ended up scrambling around at 11.55 trying to do deals. One failed and the other went through at 11.58.
The manager mentioned on numerous occasions we needed another forward yet we failed to get one.

Why do we need another forward? We only had doidge and nisbet last season, this season we have Doidge, Nisbet and scott?

Mikey_1875
07-09-2021, 05:22 PM

Ah fair enough, thought I seen him listed on the wing for Ireland during the week but didn’t pay much attention to him until we were linked.

Still think either would have fit the bill for the midfield/forward player that JR was looking for but as another person said I won’t be losing any sleep over McKay not signing for us.

flash
07-09-2021, 05:23 PM
Why do we need another forward? We only had doidge and nisbet last season, this season we have Doidge, Nisbet and scott?

We were short last season too. Scott doesn't look like a striker to me either and Doidge is long term injured.

blackpoolhibs
It was a shambles.

Ah right, was every transfer that went through or did not go through in the last few minutes a shambles?

You never answered my question on should we just say **** it and pay what teams want for their players, or is there a limit we should use in gauging their worth?

Does the manager have any input here, did he just want us to pay whatever, or is everything just a shambles?

neil7908
Jesus they are really obsessed with us. Zero class as a club.

Smartie
07-09-2021, 05:25 PM

They are both “something middle to front” which was what Jack Ross referred to being interested in bringing in.

He didn’t specify wide, central, up front or in midfield and would have probably have been happy to accept either.

Jones28
07-09-2021, 05:26 PM
I’m struggling to see who he’s displacing when the team is fit, cos it’s not Newall, KM or JDH in the middle, it’s not Boyle on the right or Murphy on the left, and IMO Allan when fit is a better player through the middle.

I can understand him coming in as a stop gap, but presumably he wants to play week in week out.

Since452
07-09-2021, 05:28 PM
That the same Moira Gordon who said that the At Mirren deal was going through.

She talks some amount of pish

flash
07-09-2021, 05:29 PM
Ah right, was every transfer that went through or did not go through in the last few minutes a shambles?

You never answered my question on should we just say **** it and pay what teams want for their players, or is there a limit we should use in gauging their worth?

Does the manager have any input here, did he just want us to pay whatever, or is everything just a shambles?

Who knows what went on behind closed doors. What we do know is we failed to sign the forward player the manager wanted.
As to your main point if we can't agree a deal then we move onto the next player in the list we keep being told we have for every position.

easty
07-09-2021, 05:29 PM
I’m struggling to see who he’s displacing when the team is fit, cos it’s not Newall, KM or JDH in the middle, it’s not Boyle on the right or Murphy on the left, and IMO Allan when fit is a better player through the middle.

I can understand him coming in as a stop gap, but presumably he wants to play week in week out.

That’s how I see it. I imagine Barrie McKay will be after a decent wage, I’m not sure why we’d offer that when we have Boyle and Murphy as the wingers, both better players.

easty
07-09-2021, 05:30 PM
Who knows what went on behind closed doors. What we do know is we failed to sign the forward player the manager wanted.
As to your main point if we can't agree a deal then we move onto the next player in the list we keep being told we have for every position.

You’d imagine the list of players are not diddies that teams are desperate to get rid of. Signing good players isn’t a simple job.

EI255
07-09-2021, 05:30 PM
Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “We beat off interest from near, in fact very near, and afar to get Barrie’s signature and we’re very happy to have done so.So he says.

I personally don't believe it at all.

Fud

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

flash
07-09-2021, 05:32 PM
You’d imagine the list of players are not diddies that teams are desperate to get rid of. Signing good players isn’t a simple job.

Of course it isn't.

CapitalGreen
07-09-2021, 05:36 PM
Was average at Fleetwood

Yup, only started 15 of the 44 league games he was with them for in League 1, I can’t say I’m too disappointed we missed out.

Mickey Weir
07-09-2021, 05:36 PM
You just know he's going to score on Sunday now

Magpie
07-09-2021, 05:37 PM

Can’t see it personally. The transfer window was the opportunity to get someone who we identified as targets. Anyone now would just be a signing for the sake of it imo which the club doesn’t seem to do anymore.

Hiber-nation
07-09-2021, 05:37 PM

Do you?

Jim44
07-09-2021, 05:38 PM
I think it’s a pity that folk on here are at each other’s throats in disagreement about our recruitment performance. From bits and pieces of info I’ve picked up, and I don’t think it’s tittle tattle, this business end of the club falls short of being a well oiled machine. We’ve done ok in this latest window but there’s definitely room for improvement.

Magpie
07-09-2021, 05:38 PM
We were short last season too. Scott doesn't look like a striker to me either and Doidge is long term injured.

Nisbet and Boyle both picking up some sort of injury already this season too.

Smartie
07-09-2021, 05:42 PM
Can’t see it personally. The transfer window was the opportunity to get someone who we identified as targets. Anyone now would just be a signing for the sake of it imo which the club doesn’t seem to do anymore.

I disagree.

If we’ve finished the transfer window with a deficiency in the squad - which we have - then this is still an opportunity to rectify that.

Obviously it’s not great that we didn’t get what we needed when the window was open.

Malonga was signed to deal with a situation like this (attacker shortage) outwith the transfer window and he did fine.

If the right player is out there then we should get it done, but I agree we shouldn’t be making signings for the sake of it.

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2021, 05:42 PM

That is true, but we want quality over quantity, and we have that now, which gives us the time to wait for the right type of player the manager wants not just anybody to make numbers up.

Have a look at the amount of players we actually have in our 1st team squad, then tell me what we could have done to improve it apart from bringing in better players, which i do believe we tried but failed to do because we did not want to match their value.

Just like nobody would match our value of Doig.

How many clubs have enough players, and how many clubs have to make do at times with what they have?

B.H.F.C
07-09-2021, 05:47 PM

If we were in for him then it makes me wonder about Murphy’s injury.

Was never displacing any of the others, never been a central midfielder as far a I can remember.

Just_Jimmy
07-09-2021, 06:18 PM

I can understand him coming in as a stop gap, but presumably he wants to play week in week out.That's exactly the point. IF, and it is a huge If, we were in for him he'd clearly be squad filler and probably not starting most weeks. Where's at them he's facing less competition.

He'll score a few goals for them, he might even score against us at some point, but I wouldn't want him at hibs and I'm not fussed even if we did show any level of interest, that he went there.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Magpie
07-09-2021, 06:23 PM
I disagree.

If we’ve finished the transfer window with a deficiency in the squad - which we have - then this is still an opportunity to rectify that.

Obviously it’s not great that we didn’t get what we needed when the window was open.

Malonga was signed to deal with a situation like this (attacker shortage) outwith the transfer window and he did fine.

If the right player is out there then we should get it done, but I agree we shouldn’t be making signings for the sake of it.

This is where the recruitment team earn their crust. Logan and Malonga are certainly two who come to mind as doing well when brought in outside the window. If there was anyone available for free now I just think they would have already been brought in if we were interested but we shall see. Gullan staying I think suggests we will stick with what we got until January.

Jones28
07-09-2021, 06:26 PM
If we were in for him then it makes me wonder about Murphy’s injury.

Was never displacing any of the others, never been a central midfielder as far a I can remember.

If Murphys injury is that bad we have replacements.

jacomo
07-09-2021, 06:26 PM
Late with the rovers boy
Late with McGrath
Late with McKay

No problems here ….

For balance, we made some good signings and held onto all our most valued players.

Not everything works out and it wasn’t a perfect transfer window. But in previous years we’d have sold Nisbet and Doig and not even been involved in any late night negotiations.

Seems that Hibs are getting a bit more pushy and this is a good thing.

We’ve got talented wide players in our squad. I’m not too worried about McKay.

Borderhibbie76
07-09-2021, 06:28 PM
I think it’s a pity that folk on here are at each other’s throats in disagreement about our recruitment performance. From bits and pieces of info I’ve picked up, and I don’t think it’s tittle tattle, this business end of the club falls short of being a well oiled machine. We’ve done ok in this latest window but there’s definitely room for improvement.

Your so right Jim seems to be the way on here that u either back the club 100% in everything they say or do or your the polar opposite ...its OK to be critical and also acknowledge the good bits do. We've done some great business this summer but the last week or so has become a wee bit embarrassing with last minute panic buys falling thru and I don't doubt for a minute if these stories are true Ron Gordon will be asking questions of Mathie and his team and rightly so. If the stories are true that Murphy is out for 2 months we are short again in the forward areas

SMAXXA
07-09-2021, 06:30 PM
Christ there was me thinking Ronaldo went back to Man U 😂😂 it’s Barrie McKay 😂 they are creaming themselves over this and some Hibs fans are taking the bait.

Billy Whizz
07-09-2021, 06:31 PM
Your so right Jim seems to be the way on here that u either back the club 100% in everything they say or do or your the polar opposite ...its OK to be critical and also acknowledge the good bits do. We've done some great business this summer but the last week or so has become a wee bit embarrassing with last minute panic buys falling thru and I don't doubt for a minute if these stories are true Ron Gordon will be asking questions of Mathie and his team and rightly so. If the stories are true that Murphy is out for 2 months we are short again in the forward areas

Where has the Murphy rumour come from, that would be a major blow

Borderhibbie76
07-09-2021, 06:33 PM
Christ there was me thinking Ronaldo went back to Man U 😂😂 it’s Barrie McKay 😂 they are creaming themselves over this and some Hibs fans are taking the bait.

Theyve had a good window IMHO and it's just childish trying to deny it...they've massively strengthened and yes they needed to compared to us but it's churlish to deny they've strengthened...

Borderhibbie76
07-09-2021, 06:34 PM

Seen few on twitter saying he's out for 6 to 8 weeks mate no sure if or how true it is tbh but if we were in for McKay it makes me wonder

bigwheel
07-09-2021, 06:35 PM
Theyve had a good window IMHO and it's just childish trying to deny it...they've massively strengthened and yes they needed to compared to us but it's churlish to deny they've strengthened...

Agreed. Turned themselves into a top six squad …

Smartie
07-09-2021, 06:39 PM
Seen few on twitter saying he's out for 6 to 8 weeks mate no sure if or how true it is tbh but if we were in for McKay it makes me wonder

The way he pulled up and looked upset about it suggested that it wasn't the sort of minor knock that sorts itself out very quickly.

It looked a 6-8 week job at the very least to me.

Peevemor
07-09-2021, 06:41 PM
The way he pulled up and looked upset about it suggested that it wasn't the sort of minor knock that sorts itself out very quickly.

It looked a 6-8 week job at the very least to me.Yep, he punched the ground in frustration. Certainly more than a niggle.

Since452
07-09-2021, 06:42 PM

Exactly. Folk getting their knickers in a twist over Barrie ****ing McKay.

Since452
07-09-2021, 06:45 PM

Just find it strange than Ross mentioned all our injured players today but not Murphy. Makes me think he isn't injured.

CapitalGreen
07-09-2021, 06:46 PM
Agreed. Turned themselves into a top six squad …

Because they signed a player who couldn’t get a game for a bottom half League 1 side?

Billy Whizz
07-09-2021, 06:47 PM
Just find it strange than Ross mentioned all our injured players today but not Murphy. Makes me think he isn't injured.

Where are you seeing/reading quotes from Ross?

SMAXXA
07-09-2021, 07:05 PM

I never mentioned that they haven’t strengthened I made the reference to this signing. Strengthen is only relevant to the base position strengthened from and they had more work to do than us on that front this window that’s for sure.

You cant deny we have strengthened, it’s all relevant.

degenerated
07-09-2021, 07:15 PM
Christ there was me thinking Ronaldo went back to Man U [emoji23][emoji23] it’s Barrie McKay [emoji23] they are creaming themselves over this and some Hibs fans are taking the bait.That's exactly why hearts do that sort of thing. An average player that in all likelihood we had no interest in now becomes a hero to them for turning us down and it gives ammunition to those in the Hibs support desperate to see any sort of bad in the club. Win squared for hearts.

Borderhibbie76
07-09-2021, 07:40 PM
That's exactly why hearts do that sort of thing. An average player that in all likelihood we had no interest in now becomes a hero to them for turning us down and it gives ammunition to those in the Hibs support desperate to see any sort of bad in the club. Win squared for hearts.

Not really coz surely if we weren't in for him which I don't think we were tbh, Jack Ross should come out and state it on Thurs or whenever the pre match press duties are

high bee
07-09-2021, 07:42 PM
They really are a sad wee club, almost as cringeworthy as the dig they made about how they keep hearing that Hibs are top of the league but that they’ve had harder fixtures than us so far.

Their club officials talk like your average fan and it makes them sound like a pub team. So glad our club is run by professionals.

GRA
07-09-2021, 07:56 PM
I mind just after the Celtic semi in 2016 the media going into overdrive (mainly the Daily Record) touting him for £12m moves in the future. Pretty sure he moved to Nottingham Forest for 500K a year later. No idea what he's been up to since then, bit like Cummings, flitted about the lower English leagues not really doing much.

That said, the Jambos pathological obsession with trying to get one over the Hibs really is pathetic and sad to see. You expect it from fans but for so called professionals like managers/directors/media team to do so really is pitiful.

jacomo
07-09-2021, 08:01 PM
That's exactly why hearts do that sort of thing. An average player that in all likelihood we had no interest in now becomes a hero to them for turning us down and it gives ammunition to those in the Hibs support desperate to see any sort of bad in the club. Win squared for hearts.

Fair point. Stop taking the bait folks.

For all we know Barrie McKay’s agent talked up our interest in order to get a contract offer from Hearts and THEY fell for it.

Silky
07-09-2021, 08:58 PM

Strengthening the squad and adding quality are different things.

eastmainsmsh
07-09-2021, 09:01 PM
Lily Savage let’s get in to them ggtth

Callum_62
07-09-2021, 09:07 PM
If we were in for him it shows we are still looking

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Hibee Mac
07-09-2021, 09:23 PM
Not just saying this because he's signed for them, but has he ever done anything of note at all? Scored a goal in a semi final and that's it?

Absolutely nothing to be worried about, would be disappointed if we signed a guy like this. Only has a career cause he used to be on the books at Rangers.

Eyrie
07-09-2021, 09:58 PM
Fair point. Stop taking the bait folks.

For all we know Barrie McKay’s agent talked up our interest in order to get a contract offer from Hearts and THEY fell for it.

Hearts: "What salary are you after?"

Agent: "I'm sure I could ask Hibs for £3k."

Hearts: "Here's £6k."

Sergio sledge
07-09-2021, 10:02 PM
I don't have an issue with Hibs hearing about McKay dragging his heels on signing a deal at Hearts (they've been interested for a while and he's been a free agent for a while) while looking to see if he could get a better option, so deciding to sound him out about a move to Hibs.

The reality is that, even though we are a bit light due to injuries in the forward areas, when everyone is fit and when Mueller joins in January, McKay would be on the bench IMHO. His signing would be a stop gap and maybe we made that clear to him, without even making an offer, and he decided he'd be better going to hearts where he'd be more likely to play.

Hardly a shambles and hardly embarrassing.

What would be embarrassing would be if my club we're putting digs into our rivals with every single announcement, from stendel finishing above Jack Ross, the #tick tock picture when they became fan owned, the strange dig at doidge when Woodburn signed, to this. They are a strange bunch.

B.H.F.C
07-09-2021, 10:33 PM
If Murphys injury is that bad we have replacements.

Any we trust though? Drey Wright is garbage but getting on before McKay.

No sure we really have anyone to come in like for like for Murphy.

Crab apple
07-09-2021, 10:41 PM
I never mentioned that they haven’t strengthened I made the reference to this signing. Strengthen is only relevant to the base position strengthened from and they had more work to do than us on that front this window that’s for sure.

You cant deny we have strengthened, it’s all relevant.

Absolutely agree with you. And even in numbers terms they have signed exactly the same numbers on permanent contracts this summer than we have, which is five.

FilipinoHibs
07-09-2021, 11:06 PM
They have been coming out with we are bigger than you BS all week. Time to put them in their place on Sunday.

07-09-2021, 11:06 PM
I mind just after the Celtic semi in 2016 the media going into overdrive (mainly the Daily Record) touting him for £12m moves in the future. Pretty sure he moved to Nottingham Forest for 500K a year later. No idea what he's been up to since then, bit like Cummings, flitted about the lower English leagues not really doing much.

That said, the Jambos pathological obsession with trying to get one over the Hibs really is pathetic and sad to see. You expect it from fans but for so called professionals like managers/directors/media team to do so really is pitiful.

Other than James Anderson, do they have any professionals behind the scenes? Judging by the documentary it was almost very amateur hour. I thought with them bringing in a Sporting Director they might have been adding a touch of professionalism but from his comments it would appear not.

Since452
08-09-2021, 05:19 AM
The reality of it is that Mackay had been talking to Hearts for a couple of weeks. Hibs speculatively chanced their arm last minute as it was dragging on so long and Hearts claimed it as some sort of victory over us.

TheHarpy76
08-09-2021, 06:01 AM
Jesus they are really obsessed with us. Zero class as a club.

I take it you’ve missed the 554 page…16,600 post, ‘Yams’ thread that we currently have?

We’re as obsessed with them as they are of us. It’s not a bad thing, it’s a typical football rivalry.

As for McKay, he’s a decent enough player but I won’t lose any sleep that he joined them.

JimBHibees
08-09-2021, 06:05 AM
I take it you’ve missed the 554 page…16,600 post, ‘Yams’ thread that we currently have?

We’re as obsessed with them as they are of us. It’s not a bad thing, it’s a typical football rivalry.

As for McKay, he’s a decent enough player but I won’t lose any sleep that he joined them.

Quite different fans being obsessed to officials pandering to that in their statements. Quite weird attitude throughout their club.

TheHarpy76
08-09-2021, 06:10 AM
Quite different fans being obsessed to officials pandering to that in their statements. Quite weird attitude throughout their club.

Has anyone at Hibs came out and denied that we made a late bid for McKay? There have been instances when Hearts have apparently made late bids for players that signed for us. Is that our officials just making things up to pander to ourselves?

Peevemor
08-09-2021, 06:13 AM
Has anyone at Hibs came out and denied that we made a late bid for McKay? There have been instances when Hearts have apparently made late bids for players that signed for us. Is that our officials just making things up to pander to ourselves?

Hibs generally don't comment on players that we don't sign. And when has anyone at Hibs ever stated/boasted that we beat Hearts to a player's signature?

calumhibee1
08-09-2021, 06:15 AM

I don’t think we’ve ever come out and claimed we’ve beat hearts to a signature?

The papers might but I certainly can’t think of the club having done it.

JimBHibees
08-09-2021, 06:15 AM

Was talking about their professional employees feeling the need to put a statement out indicating they had got one over in us. It happens constantly and to be honest can't remember Hibs ever doing this which I think is the right way to behave. It is like getting Gary Locke or Scott Wilson to write the pr or comms releases.

PatHead
08-09-2021, 06:29 AM
That's if we did put in a bid. It could be Livingston or Dunfermline if it is local.

bigwheel
08-09-2021, 06:59 AM
That's if we did put in a bid. It could be Livingston or Dunfermline if it is local.

Seems pretty clear it was us…doesn’t seem like we cared that much about it though, if it was a late attempt …not worth the effort …

He wouldn’t have been first choice for us . Would have been an important factor for both player and us .

truehibernian
08-09-2021, 07:43 AM
Was talking about their professional employees feeling the need to put a statement out indicating they had got one over in us. It happens constantly and to be honest can't remember Hibs ever doing this which I think is the right way to behave. It is like getting Gary Locke or Scott Wilson to write the pr or comms releases.

They’re doing it Jim because they’d lost the support last season after the embarrassment of Brora, Alloa and some awful Championship results. Now they’ve won a few games - yet still pumped out a cup already - they’ll capitalise by having digs.

Neison and Savage are only a few bad results away from their support turning again.

I’m not worried at all by the comments, I’m more concerned we were bidding for Barrie McKay (if indeed we were) - he’s in the Jamie Walker category of ‘flatters to deceive’.

Orchard_Hibs
08-09-2021, 07:44 AM
Anyone remember when they thought they had signed muller?

Allez Hibs
08-09-2021, 08:09 AM

Seen that movie before. He fits the mould of the type of player they sign. Experienced known player who has played for the Old Firm and will be on a decent wage.

rodhibs55
08-09-2021, 08:22 AM
How the signing talks went.

Hibs
Great young squad with loads of potential supported by by top level senior pro's. Our own fantastic training facilities and a great stadium with brilliant fans. Wages wise we will put in a bracket with the rest of the senior pro's in the squad.

Hearts

We'll pay you a grand a week more than Hibs

08-09-2021, 11:23 AM
Hibs generally don't comment on players that we don't sign. And when has anyone at Hibs ever stated/boasted that we beat Hearts to a player's signature?

We often say we beat off stiff competition but we don't stoop as low as them to say who from. Playground stuff as per.

Mr. Wonderful
08-09-2021, 11:24 AM
We often say we beat off stiff competition but we don't stoop as low as them to say who from. Playground stuff as per.

Subtle way of calling them penises?

McIntosh
08-09-2021, 11:31 AM
Read through this, I had never heard of this laddie, the way some people are going on about him, I thought he was Messi rather than messy. As for Hearts, they don't have delusions of grandeur but delusions of adequacy. Remember, the only thing big about Hearts is the size of their fan's mouths. I am not frightened by them, those days for us are now gone. Win or lose, we are the football side and they know it, they always have!!!

GGTTH

WhileTheChief..
08-09-2021, 11:46 AM

I've no problem with it. It's up to them how they market their club and if they want to have a go at us I say fair play to them.

RG commented about us using the tag line "it's our city". He made reference to our friends across the city and said we've gotta be bold sometimes.

It's a good thing. It stirs up interest and if it means raising the temperature a bit between the clubs then great.

Don't get upset by it, embrace it.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-09-2021, 11:50 AM
My only recollection of Barrie McKay is after SDG's goal in the Cup Final he had a great chance to play a ball into space for Tavernier to run onto and it ended up going out for a goal kick.

NOLA
08-09-2021, 01:03 PM
My work colleagues neighbour is mackays dad, was only using us to get a better contract out of hertz, was always going to sign with them

scoopyboy
08-09-2021, 01:07 PM
My only recollection of Barrie McKay is after SDG's goal in the Cup Final he had a great chance to play a ball into space for Tavernier to run onto and it ended up going out for a goal kick.

Aye, god knows how many times I've seen that overhit crossfield pass and each time I love it. Think I might as well watch it again tonight.

Andy Halliday and now McKay, they're not trying to recreate that 2016 Rangers team are they?:greengrin

HoboHarry
08-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Why do we have 6 pages on this bam?

jacomo
08-09-2021, 01:40 PM
Other than James Anderson, do they have any professionals behind the scenes? Judging by the documentary it was almost very amateur hour. I thought with them bringing in a Sporting Director they might have been adding a touch of professionalism but from his comments it would appear not.

The new CEO is experienced, albeit not in football.

They should be upping their game, because as you say the documentary exposed what an amateur outfit they are.

Also showed that Budge got rich through luck. It certainly had nothing to do with her ability to run a business because she’s got none.

easty
08-09-2021, 01:55 PM
My work colleagues neighbour is mackays dad, was only using us to get a better contract out of hertz, was always going to sign with them

I don't believe that, at all. If we'd offered him more than Hearts then he'd be a Hibs player (that's if we offered him anything at all). He's signed for them cos they throw silly money at average players, not because he was "always going to sign with them".

jacomo
08-09-2021, 02:03 PM
I don't believe that, at all. If we'd offered him more than Hearts then he'd be a Hibs player (that's if we offered him anything at all). He's signed for them cos they throw silly money at average players, not because he was "always going to sign with them".

That doesn’t mean we put a better contract on the table. It means the player’s agent used whatever interest from us (if there was any) to put pressure on Hearts to agree a deal.

BILLYHIBS
08-09-2021, 02:25 PM
Was that no him that scored that 40 yard screamer to win the first ever Scottish Cup back in 2016 for The Rangers ?

Naw sorry that was that other guy Halliday

Who would want to sign they two balloons anyways ?

08-09-2021, 03:32 PM
Debunked. Probably spoke to the agent, as you would if they approached you about an available player, and that's as far as it went.

You'd have thought whoever came up with the caption at the top might have actually read the quote they were captioning.

https://i.ibb.co/F52v4NW/Screenshot-20210908-163006-You-Tube.jpg (https://ibb.co/R3fnTZS)

Bostonhibby
08-09-2021, 03:45 PM
Debunked. Probably spoke to the agent, as you would if they approached you about an available player, and that's as far as it went.

You'd have thought whoever came up with the caption at the top might have actually read the quote they were captioning.

https://i.ibb.co/F52v4NW/Screenshot-20210908-163006-You-Tube.jpg (https://ibb.co/R3fnTZS)But I'd rather hear from Lily Savage projecting out to the dumplings about how big they are and picking up a free agent from Swansea proves it.

GGTTH

4 seasons ahead of the Midlothians in the league

Last team in Edinburgh to win the League cup

Last team in Edinburgh to win the Scottish cup

No charities were robbed in the making of these achievements.

JohnM1875
08-09-2021, 03:52 PM

https://i.ibb.co/F52v4NW/Screenshot-20210908-163006-You-Tube.jpg (https://ibb.co/R3fnTZS)

That's class from Ross.

Really like the guy now. He speaks so well about the club and is obviously loving being here.

08-09-2021, 04:26 PM
Hearts pay players more than they'd be able to get elsewhere. Any agent worth his salt will know he just needs to mention that he's also been speaking to Hibs and they'll immediately become more interested and increase any offer. Easy money. I'm glad we don't pay more than a player is worth.

Under Budge they took the fans' donations for granted and *****ed away millions on mediocre players whilst massively underachieving. It remains to be seen whether or not the new era will be any different.

hibbyfraelibby
08-09-2021, 04:46 PM

Moira Gordon
@moira_gordon
·
15m

Sounds like we did of a Kyle Lafferty on them forcing tgem to up their offer and pay over the odds.

Since452
08-09-2021, 04:50 PM
Sounds like we did of a Kyle Lafferty on them forcing tgem to up their offer and pay over the odds.

I don't it even got as far as the Lafferty situation

ancient hibee
08-09-2021, 05:22 PM
The new CEO is experienced, albeit not in football.

They should be upping their game, because as you say the documentary exposed what an amateur outfit they are.

Also showed that Budge got rich through luck. It certainly had nothing to do with her ability to run a business because she’s got none.

The CEO has a few years with the SFA on his cv.

Since90+2
08-09-2021, 05:31 PM
The CEO has a few years with the SFA on his cv.

So no experience in football then.

Smiggy 7-0
08-09-2021, 06:03 PM
McKay is no great loss.

With the exception of Murphy, when was the last time a Rangers player or an ex Rangers player signed for us.
Clearly shows what they think about us.

Since90+2
08-09-2021, 06:32 PM
McKay is no great loss.

With the exception of Murphy, when was the last time a Rangers player or an ex Rangers player signed for us
Clearly shows what they think about us.

Emerson Hyndman, Steven Whittaker and Glen Middleton off the top of my head.

calumhibee1
08-09-2021, 06:40 PM
Emerson Hyndman, Steven Whittaker and Glen Middleton off the top of my head.

Daz

Allez Hibs
08-09-2021, 08:05 PM
I've no problem with it. It's up to them how they market their club and if they want to have a go at us I say fair play to them.

RG commented about us using the tag line "it's our city". He made reference to our friends across the city and said we've gotta be bold sometimes.

It's a good thing. It stirs up interest and if it means raising the temperature a bit between the clubs then great.

Don't get upset by it, embrace it.

Good post, fully agree. I think this type of thing shows how civil the Derby rivalry is in comparison to Glasgow and given the fact both clubs have an agreement where the away team is guaranteed the full away end, can only make derbies great occasions.

Nakedmanoncrack
08-09-2021, 08:37 PM
Honestly never heard of him.

Stuart93
08-09-2021, 08:39 PM

Never heard of Barrie McKay?

NC1875
08-09-2021, 09:21 PM
Anyone remember Dylan Bikey ?

Bostonhibby
08-09-2021, 09:25 PM
Anyone remember Dylan Bikey ?Yep, Hearts stole in and signed him right under our noses, another big team transfer coup[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

NC1875
08-09-2021, 09:27 PM
Yep, Hearts stole in and signed him right under our noses, another big team transfer coup[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Exactly, that one turned out well. Hopefully McKay is the same, he’s hardly been a success anywhere he’s been.

Bostonhibby
08-09-2021, 09:29 PM
Honestly never heard of him.Was he the one that married Janine on Eastenders?

Got chucked off a cliff I think.

NC1875
08-09-2021, 09:30 PM
Was he the one that married Janine on Eastenders?

Got chucked off a cliff I think.

🤣

hibby rae
08-09-2021, 09:53 PM

Won the Scottish Cup in 2016.

No....wait......actually he was on the losing side.

Halmyre Hibee
09-09-2021, 05:53 AM
According to Edinburgh Evening News he hasn’t done a proper pre season training and is not fit enough to last 90 minutes. Wouldn’t want him in my side if unfit.

JimBHibees
09-09-2021, 06:08 AM
Anyone remember Dylan Bikey ?

What about the Austrian winger and was there not a boy from Carlisle they pinched from under our noses also? :greengrin

Not In The Know
09-09-2021, 06:35 AM

move missed the comments. What did their officials say?

Sergio sledge
09-09-2021, 02:54 PM
According to Edinburgh Evening News he hasn’t done a proper pre season training and is not fit enough to last 90 minutes. Wouldn’t want him in my side if unfit.Especially when he'd be on the bench once Doidge is back and Mueller arrives in January. A half fit player for the few months we need them is pointless.

Aldo
09-09-2021, 03:00 PM
Yep, Hearts stole in and signed him right under our noses, another big team transfer coup[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

There was a guy called Chris Hackett who we were looking at back in the mid 2000’s and he opted to sign for them instead.

Not sure he made many appearances though but took a decent wage

Peevemor
09-09-2021, 03:05 PM
There was a guy called Chris Hackett who we were looking at back in the mid 2000’s and he opted to sign for them instead.

Not sure he made many appearances though but took a decent wage

He hardly made any appearances for Hearts. My cousin knows him quite well as he coaches his son (my nephew?) at Oxford Utd.

nonshinyfinish
09-09-2021, 03:07 PM
He hardly made any appearances for Hearts. My cousin knows him quite well as he coaches his son (my nephew?) at Oxford Utd.

Your cousin once removed.

Aldo
09-09-2021, 03:34 PM

Another one of those moments where they paid over the odds to get one over on us!

Smartie
09-09-2021, 03:55 PM
Another one of those moments where they paid over the odds to get one over on us!

In fairness, I think he was quite a highly rated player at the time but they had hundreds of players.

If he’d joined us and played he might have done well.

He went for the cash and his career tanked.

Aldo
09-09-2021, 04:02 PM
In fairness, I think he was quite a highly rated player at the time but they had hundreds of players.

If he’d joined us and played he might have done well.

He went for the cash and his career tanked.

It did indeed!

WhileTheChief..
10-09-2021, 08:44 AM
Just watched his interview on Hearts tv Twitter. He’s not the sharpest tool in the box is

It’s painful viewing. He already looks like a perfect fit for them. Absolutely no chance he was ever going to be a Hibs player, none whatsoever.

PatHead
10-09-2021, 08:57 AM
Always remember the BBC commentator saying Barrie Mackay was in the"form of his life"when introducing the teams at the cup final.

The boy was crap in the match and I haven't heard of him doing much since.

Iggy Pope
10-09-2021, 03:23 PM
Your cousin once removed.

That might depend on whether his cousin is also his big sister! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
10-09-2021, 03:26 PM
Just watched his interview on Hearts tv Twitter. He’s not the sharpest tool in the box is

It’s painful viewing. He already looks like a perfect fit for them. Absolutely no chance he was ever going to be a Hibs player, none whatsoever.
Have you ever been to Barrhead😎