PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v them

Pages : [1] 2

at last 61
06-09-2021, 10:32 AM
The build up to the game starts now time to start showing up to this ,every player should be up for this and as supporters we have to be positive this week so,come on the Hobbes

06-09-2021, 10:37 AM
Let’s not forget calvin 👍

Northernhibee
06-09-2021, 10:38 AM
Play your part
**** the Hearts

Vault Boy
06-09-2021, 10:45 AM
The build up to the game starts now time to start showing up to this ,every player should be up for this and as supporters we have to be positive this week so,come on the Hobbes

The return of the derbies is the leviathan for this Hibs team to overcome. We're now far stronger, smarter, and better equipped than the last time Hearts were in the top league - so I can wait to face them.

worcesterhibby
06-09-2021, 11:06 AM
The watch word for this week in training needs to be #MoreThanThem

We need to want it #MoreThanThem

We need to put our bodies on the line #MoreThanThem

We need to pass and move #MoreThanThem

We need to be prepared to track back and make our tackles #MoreThanThem

We need to win our head to head battles #MoreThanThem

We need to give everything for the badge and for our teammates and for the support #MoreThanThem

We need to attack #MoreThanThem

We need to score #MoreThanThem

In return the supporters need to sing #MoreThanThem

:flag::flag::flag:

BILLYHIBS
06-09-2021, 11:46 AM
The watch word for this week in training needs to be #MoreThanThem

We need to want it #MoreThanThem

We need to put our bodies on the line #MoreThanThem

We need to pass and move #MoreThanThem

We need to be prepared to track back and make our tackles #MoreThanThem

We need to win our head to head battles #MoreThanThem

We need to give everything for the badge and for our teammates and for the support #MoreThanThem

We need to attack #MoreThanThem

We need to score #MoreThanThem

In return the supporters need to sing #MoreThanThem

:flag::flag::flag:

Sounds like Craig Levein’s pre match team talk before the last Derby at Easter Road :rolleyes:

Hibby70
06-09-2021, 11:48 AM
Just been up to collect my tickets. Guy standing in middle of road shouting abuse at passing people/cars. Guy in queue said he was high on lighter gas.

Got my tickets and as I was leaving could hear shouts of put the hammer down. So I drove off and managed to pass some police who I sent up to the situation.

Monday lunchtimes for you.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-09-2021, 01:50 PM
Just been up to collect my tickets. Guy standing in middle of road shouting abuse at passing people/cars. Guy in queue said he was high on lighter gas.

Got my tickets and as I was leaving could hear shouts of put the hammer down. So I drove off and managed to pass some police who I sent up to the situation.

Monday lunchtimes for you.

My brother stays just off Lorne Street, he says Leith is rife with it. He's not wrong judging by the amount of empty gas cans lying about along with their users.

Since452
06-09-2021, 01:59 PM
Got a couple of wrongs to put right

gbhibby
06-09-2021, 02:27 PM
Kickback have already started their official match thread. I think some of the posters on that thread have been on the lighter gas.⛽

Diclonius
06-09-2021, 02:45 PM
We have the better attack, they have the better defence. Gordon effectively starts us on -1 goals.

Since90+2
06-09-2021, 02:46 PM
Gordon for them effectively starts us on -1 goals.

No it doesn't.

Since452
06-09-2021, 02:46 PM
Kickback have already started their official match thread. I think some of the posters on that thread have been on the lighter gas.⛽

Lets be honest. They are at Romanov levels of delusion right now because of their start. Even the guys in the background like the fellow McKinney or whatever his name is has been running his mouth about the derby. Their fans have it won already. Lets just remember that we aren't a bad side ourselves. I'm not going to make any outlandish predictions about the game but a few of them need brought down a peg or two.

heretoday
06-09-2021, 02:54 PM
It'll be a draw.

gbhibby
06-09-2021, 02:59 PM
Lets be honest. They are at Romanov levels of delusion right now because of their start. Even the guys in the background like the fellow McKinney or whatever his name is has been running his mouth about the derby. Their fans have it won already. Lets just remember that we aren't a bad side ourselves. I'm not going to make any outlandish predictions about the game but a few of them need brought down a peg or two.
It must be their media training on how to handle interviews. One of the main instructions is make sure do down Hibs in you interview. Clearly this match will define their season.

Since452
06-09-2021, 03:13 PM
It must be their media training on how to handle interviews. One of the main instructions is make sure do down Hibs in you interview. Clearly this match will define their season.

They've had an impressive start if you look at the points they've taken but i watched their games against Celtic and Aberdeen and thought they were poor. Barely touched the ball against Celtic and Aberdeen completely controlled the 2nd half after travelling back from Baku a couple of days prior. Hearts will be their usual dogged self in the derby but they will need to play very well to beat us. Not many teams do.

Cod Boy
06-09-2021, 03:16 PM
Suprised they are bothered about us wasn’t Celtic there main game and challengers a few year back we seemingly only geographic rivals.

jeffers
06-09-2021, 03:43 PM
It will be the usual frantic battle on their small pitch. I hope we are up for the battle.

Ronniekirk
06-09-2021, 04:16 PM
It will be the usual frantic battle on their small pitch. I hope we are up for the battle.

On form we are the better football team but agree that means nothing on tbier patch if we don’t win the battle first
Boyle won’t be rested after international duty so no doubt he will get the rough tackes early in the hope he won’t be as effective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andudare2
06-09-2021, 04:28 PM
It's already up to 5 pages,amazing how many of them always seem to have family/friends who are Hibbys who would snap your arm of for a draw on Sunday!🤣🤣🤣

Keith_M
06-09-2021, 04:33 PM
I'd be reasonably confident about this if we had our whole squad available, but there's too many ill or injured ATM.

Though I can't imagine for a second that my level of positivity will have any bearing on the outcome of the games, as it never has before. I'd imagine it's more down to what the players on the pitch actually do on the day.

Pagan Hibernia
06-09-2021, 04:39 PM
It's already up to 5 pages,amazing how many of them always seem to have family/friends who are Hibbys who would snap your arm of for a draw on Sunday!������

If I’m honest I probably would take a draw. Although the opportunity to win 3 in a row at tynecastle doesn’t come round very often.

truehibernian
06-09-2021, 04:42 PM
It's already up to 5 pages,amazing how many of them always seem to have family/friends who are Hibbys who would snap your arm of for a draw on Sunday!🤣🤣🤣

Yet none of them seem to have had any Brora or Alloa relatives 😜😂

Nothing to fear about them, both teams have strengths and weaknesses- won at Tynecastle previously so I’m expecting a win and 3 points - I’d be disappointed with a draw.

Shanksaidno
06-09-2021, 05:05 PM
Yet none of them seem to have had any Brora or Alloa relatives 😜😂

Nothing to fear about them, both teams have strengths and weaknesses- won at Tynecastle previously so I’m expecting a win and 3 points - I’d be disappointed with a draw.

I would play Lewis Stevenson at full back and push Goig up as an attacking wing back. Doig nit strong enough in defence for this game.

Shanksaidno
06-09-2021, 05:06 PM
I would play Lewis Stevenson at full back and push Goig up as an attacking wing back. Doig nit strong enough in defence for this game.

Doig even

truehibernian
06-09-2021, 05:19 PM
Doig even

I think it will obviously depend on our injury situation, in particular Jamie Murphy. I think we’ll go with Doig with Lewis on the bench.

I’d be inclined to go 4-4-2 and have Scott and Nisbet occupying their centre halves, Souttar in particular likes to play out from the back and Gordon never tends to play long. I think Gogic will come in to match up with Haring and Magennis will move out left if Murphy doesn’t make it.

Crutch
06-09-2021, 05:54 PM
Without sounding a bit wet… what a ****ing feeling it is to have a derby to look forward to with a full house inside the ground. Last year’s semi-final felt like watching us play them on the PlayStation with no one controlling either team. It’s a derby, aye, but it just didn’t have the same feel. All a bit flat and without an edge to it.

The build up to this one just feels a million miles better.

Since452
06-09-2021, 06:09 PM
Without sounding a bit wet… what a ****ing feeling it is to have a derby to look forward to with a full house inside the ground. Last year’s semi-final felt like watching us play them on the PlayStation with no one controlling either team. It’s a derby, aye, but it just didn’t have the same feel. All a bit flat and without an edge to it.

The build up to this one just feels a million miles better.

Know what you mean but personally can't stand the build up or the game itself. Only enjoy it when we win. Everything else is just stress and anxiety.

Billy Whizz
06-09-2021, 06:13 PM
Know what you mean but personally can't stand the build up or the game itself. Only enjoy it when we win. Everything else is just stress and anxiety.

I never enjoy going to Tynecastle, but put myself through it every time!

JohnMcM
06-09-2021, 06:13 PM
Has anyone sat in Section J of the Roseburn near the back. If so, how was it please?

Forever_Green93
06-09-2021, 06:43 PM
Has anyone sat in Section J of the Roseburn near the back. If so, how was it please?

I sat at the very back of Section J for the new year derby in 2015 and it was perfectly fine and i had great view.

JohnMcM
06-09-2021, 07:15 PM
I sat at the very back of Section J for the new year derby in 2015 and it was perfectly fine and i had great view.

Thanks, appreciate your answer.:aok:

Billy Whizz
06-09-2021, 07:17 PM
Thanks, appreciate your answer.:aok:

The higher you get at Tynecastle, generally the better the view you get

JohnMcM
06-09-2021, 07:25 PM

Thanks Billy. Asking because it’s my first time in J.

Andy74
06-09-2021, 07:40 PM

I’m not sure I’ve seen any team play a full back and a wing back.

bigwheel
06-09-2021, 08:14 PM
I’m not sure I’ve seen any team play a full back and a wing back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vercol36
06-09-2021, 08:14 PM

Still no excuse to sniff lighter fluid, mate.

Andy74
06-09-2021, 08:17 PM

With a left midfielder or a left winger. Not a wing back if there’s a full back behind.

bigwheel
06-09-2021, 08:20 PM
With a left midfielder or a left winger. Not a wing back if there’s a full back behind.

There’s no difference is there….the only difference would be in the tactics…defensive duties for the wide men or not .

Andy74
06-09-2021, 08:32 PM
There’s no difference is there….the only difference would be in the tactics…defensive duties for the wide men or not .

There is a difference in what you call it. It’s not a wing back.

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-09-2021, 08:40 PM
Ron Gordon has big ambitions for the club

Jack Ross has big ambitions for the club

Winning big games will be where they're judged. We won a few of them last season but came up short in a couple of really big ones

No matter what league each club is in or position in the table, these games matter

It's been relatively even since they've had to live within their means. We need to make our stability show.

These games matter more than most and hurt the most when we lose. The players and management team need to know and feel that way too

Soldiersteve
06-09-2021, 08:44 PM
:aok:
Still no excuse to sniff lighter fluid, mate.

Ronniekirk
06-09-2021, 10:15 PM
Boyle rated 50 /50 chance of playing in Australia s next game Trally hope he doesn’t get played and aggravate injury then misses Derby
Do we have any say in the matter or is it solely down to Australian medical team and management

Since452
07-09-2021, 05:39 AM
Boyle rated 50 /50 chance of playing in Australia s next game Trally hope he doesn’t get played and aggravate injury then misses Derby
Do we have any say in the matter or is it solely down to Australian medical team and management

I'd be amazed if he plays for Australia if there was any concern over his fitness. Hibs would have been in contact.

cocteautwin
07-09-2021, 09:31 AM
Ron Gordon has big ambitions for the club

Jack Ross has big ambitions for the club

Winning big games will be where they're judged. We won a few of them last season but came up short in a couple of really big ones

No matter what league each club is in or position in the table, these games matter

It's been relatively even since they've had to live within their means. We need to make our stability show.

These games matter more than most and hurt the most when we lose. The players and management team need to know and feel that way too

Do you know that Hearts have spent their way through more than £30m of extra cash contributed to their club since their Administration? The difference between their means and our means is huge. They should be miles ahead of us, but thankfully they are not. I wish more Hibs fans were actually aware of how much extra cash Hearts have compared to us.

California-Hibs
07-09-2021, 09:32 AM
Do what you did last time at Tynecastle Hibs!

O'Rourke3
07-09-2021, 10:22 AM
Do you know that Hearts have spent their way through more than £30m of extra cash contributed to their club since their Administration? The difference between their means and our means is huge. They should be miles ahead of us, but thankfully they are not. I wish more Hibs fans were actually aware of how much extra cash Hearts have compared to us.Which is another way of saying they learned nothing. Someone else has contributed and once the fans stop, they've nowhere else to go. I suspect FOH donations will continue but that will become significantly less as time goes on and people stop paying. There's no obvious benefit to becoming a new member. In my lifetime Hearts have been boom and bust at least 3 times. A loyal support but generally bad choices in owners.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Diclonius
07-09-2021, 10:42 AM
Macey

McGinn Porteous Hanlon Doig

Doyle-Hayes

Newell Magennis

Boyle Nisbet Scott

Would be my team.

nickwhibs
07-09-2021, 10:44 AM
Macey

McGinn Porteous Hanlon Doig

Doyle-Hayes

Newell Magennis

Boyle Nisbet Scott

Would be my team.

Agreed 👍

Key West
07-09-2021, 10:45 AM
A win at Tyne would be a great boost for the confidence.

monarch
07-09-2021, 11:12 AM
It puzzles me that they always seem more confident than us. Probably due to delusion being part of their DNA.

Lets concentrate on the positives. We’re going for our third win in a row at the Tinydome and we’ve finished above them in the league for the last four seasons. Mention these facts to a Jambo and their first reaction is to disbelieve. They obsess with each other on how great they are (big team/wee team nonsense) but don’t deal with reality.

Jones28
07-09-2021, 11:18 AM
It puzzles me that they always seem more confident than us. Probably due to delusion being part of their DNA.

Lets concentrate on the positives. We’re going for our third win in a row at the Tinydome and we’ve finished above them in the league for the last four seasons. Mention these facts to a Jambo and their first reaction is to disbelieve. They obsess with each other on how great they are (big team/wee team nonsense) but don’t deal with reality.

They’re more confident because they get good results against us.

Col2
07-09-2021, 11:35 AM
I think they are favorites, just marginally as they have home advantage and that tight narrow short pitch suits them.

We have injuries which are hopefully not too bad but we could conceivably be without Boyle, Newell, Murphy and Hanlon. Boyle would be huge as is the most dangerous player by far and has scored goals before in these games. Newell provides the poise that Gogic just doesn’t come close to and Murphy provides the ability to weave past players, cutting inside although his goals record is not good. Hanlon is our captain and knows these games better than anyone. However it is McGregor's kind of game. Massive that we have all or at least some of these players available.

They will play Haring and Halliday as defensive midfielders protecting the defense and they will look to spring the ball quickly to GMS and Ginelly (sp). GMS will be falling over every 5 minutes. They’re ill hope they can muscle us out the game and use width to hurt us.

I think we lack the physical aspects we might need in such a battle. Gogic for me is a liability but provides only real physical attribute in midfield. I wonder if we might play Lewis and therefore Doig on left if Murphy out as this might give us more cover on left and provide pace.

Stuart93
07-09-2021, 11:46 AM
If Boyle & Murphy are out I wonder what we’ll go with.

I’d potentially go with a 352 if they are with nisbet and scott up top. Doig and Cadden (if fit enough) on the wings. Mcginn Porteous and Hanlon at CB. Newell JDH and magennis in the middle.

MrSmith
07-09-2021, 11:51 AM
If truth be known, the jumbos are keeking themselves as their delusions spin out of control! I'd usually go for the draw but gonna stick my neck out to 3-0 Hibs win!

Difference between them and us thus far, they have had a fair bit of luck but look pretty p@sh for it.

PatHead
07-09-2021, 11:51 AM
Referee is Nick Walsh. Is he any good?

Stuart93
07-09-2021, 11:58 AM
Referee is Nick Walsh. Is he any good?

He’s refereed us on 20 occasions. Shown us 3 straight red cards and 36 yellows.

Refereed hearts games 14 times. 32 yellow cards and 2 reds.

Booked4Being-Ugly
07-09-2021, 12:05 PM
He’s refereed us on 20 occasions. Shown us 3 straight red cards and 36 yellows.

Refereed hearts games 14 times. 32 yellow cards and 2 reds.

He sounds like just the man for this type of game!! :rolleyes:

Stanton Spence
07-09-2021, 12:08 PM
He sounds like just the man for this type of game!! :rolleyes:Was just going to say that [emoji849] he's reffed 34 games between us and dished out 68 yellows and five straight reds!! I must have a look at the betting on the cards markets

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

MacBean
07-09-2021, 12:28 PM
Was just going to say that [emoji849] he's reffed 34 games between us and dished out 68 yellows and five straight reds!! I must have a look at the betting on the cards markets

surely 2 yellows a game is pretty average?

Stanton Spence
07-09-2021, 12:31 PM
surely 2 yellows a game is pretty average?Now you say that bud sounds about right I think I've got my figures a bit wrong somehow [emoji1303]

MacBean
07-09-2021, 12:34 PM
Now you say that bud sounds about right I think I've got my figures a bit wrong somehow [emoji1303]

Aye, I initially thought the same, but realistically 2 a game is probably pretty average. No idea on the Red cards though, 1 in every 13.6 games - Doesn't sound like a lot.
Regardless lets hope if there's any reds, its for that mob

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-09-2021, 02:56 PM
Some hilarious insights about Martin Boyle over on laughback, dearie me 🤣🤣🤣

Stuart93
07-09-2021, 02:58 PM
Some hilarious insights about Martin Boyle over on laughback, dearie me 🤣🤣🤣

They’re probably grasping on to all hope that he’ll be out. Absolutely terrorised them in his last game at tynie!

Much like us grasping to all hope that he’s fit mind you

JohnMcM
07-09-2021, 04:23 PM
Apparently there’s a thread on kickback about some Hibs people planning to start up a ‘Booing’ period to start at the same minute they cheered for Zaliukas (sp?) at one of their matches.

If anyone is on here reading this who, if true, are part of any plan like this - GTF - not in my or my club’s name.

JammyDoidger
07-09-2021, 04:29 PM
I'm sure the last 2 wins at tynie we've played a diamond midfield so on that basis I'm going for.

Macey

Mcginn
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

JDH
Magennis
Newell
Allan

Boyle
Nisbet

Win the battle in the middle of the pitch, I don't think it's a place to go and try and play with width. In about them and our class will shine through. That's how to get results at tynie.
Mon the Hibs.

Stuart93
07-09-2021, 04:30 PM
Apparently there’s a thread on kickback about some Hibs people planning to start up a ‘Booing’ period to start at the same minute they cheered for Zaliukas (sp?) at one of their matches.

If anyone is on here reading this who, if true, are part of any plan like this - GTF - not in my or my club’s name.

I doubt there’s anyone

JohnMcM
07-09-2021, 04:32 PM
I doubt there’s anyone

Fingers crossed mate. ��

lord bunberry
07-09-2021, 04:32 PM

It won’t happen.

Bukta#8
07-09-2021, 04:51 PM
One for the Statos amongst us , has there ever been an Edinburgh Derby played with the teams in First and Second?

Newhaven
07-09-2021, 04:55 PM
What odds of a home penalty?

A Hi-Bee
07-09-2021, 05:05 PM
Altogether now, **** the hertz, repeat after me **** the hertz. You can also be sure they will get a dodgy pen on Sunday. Hibs to win by 2 clear goals.
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

LunasBoots
07-09-2021, 05:23 PM

Apparantly some Hearts fans think Boyle is a diver.....

Have they ever been to a game and watched GMS 😂

*Booing wont happen, non story created by Hearts fans.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2021, 05:29 PM
I think they are favorites, just marginally as they have home advantage and that tight narrow short pitch suits them.

We have injuries which are hopefully not too bad but we could conceivably be without Boyle, Newell, Murphy and Hanlon. Boyle would be huge as is the most dangerous player by far and has scored goals before in these games. Newell provides the poise that Gogic just doesn’t come close to and Murphy provides the ability to weave past players, cutting inside although his goals record is not good. Hanlon is our captain and knows these games better than anyone. However it is McGregor's kind of game. Massive that we have all or at least some of these players available.

They will play Haring and Halliday as defensive midfielders protecting the defense and they will look to spring the ball quickly to GMS and Ginelly (sp). GMS will be falling over every 5 minutes. They’re ill hope they can muscle us out the game and use width to hurt us.

I think we lack the physical aspects we might need in such a battle. Gogic for me is a liability but provides only real physical attribute in midfield. I wonder if we might play Lewis and therefore Doig on left if Murphy out as this might give us more cover on left and provide pace.

They'll just do their usual rotational fouling against us in our half, then get 11 men behind the ball for the free kick (without their players getting booked). Punt the ball up the park, dive on the edge/in the box, resulting in goalscoring opportunities and Hibs bookings. Anti-football but, unfortunately effective against us.

Jones28
07-09-2021, 05:31 PM
I’m semi tempted to say Gogic is playing in the Marvin Bartley role.

Midfield of Gogic, KM, Newall and JDH in a diamond with Boyle and Nisbet up front.

Ronniekirk
07-09-2021, 05:32 PM

Midfield of Gogic, KM, Newall and JDH in a diamond with Boyle and Nisbet up front.

He has been so poor fir large parts of previous games I wouldn’t risk him
But it is a game that should be made for him to start

timewilltell
07-09-2021, 05:37 PM
Do we have the normal full Roseburn end?

Since452
07-09-2021, 05:47 PM

Right now Gogic shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11 especially in a derby. Looks bereft of confidence.

B.H.F.C
07-09-2021, 05:54 PM

Ordinarily I wouldn’t mind Gogic for this type of game but he’s been shocking this season, shouldn’t be anywhere near it.

Tommy75
07-09-2021, 06:13 PM

I had a look at that thread earlier. Some very bizarre replies in it. One poster even said he hopes Hibs fans do it - wtf!!

Highly unlikely it is true, I think the person who started the thread is just trying to cause trouble.

Magpie
07-09-2021, 06:20 PM
Macey

Wood
Porteous
Hanlon

Cadden
JDH
Magennis
Newell
Doig

Boyle
Nisbet

Can’t see that being the team but 1-0 Hibs anyway.

wookie70
07-09-2021, 10:10 PM
Macey

Wood
Porteous
Hanlon

Cadden
JDH
Magennis
Newell
Doig

Boyle
Nisbet

I like the look of that. Bags of energy and pace, strength and height in the centre back area and a threat wide on both sides but also decent defensively. Much will depend on Cadden though and I can't see Paul McGinn being dropped. Hopefully Newell, Hanlon and Boyle will be fit to play

Ronniekirk
07-09-2021, 10:35 PM
Macey

Wood
Porteous
Hanlon

Cadden
JDH
Magennis
Newell
Doig

Boyle
Nisbet

Boyle was injured and not able to play for Australia vVietnam so he could be doubt for Derby

07-09-2021, 10:53 PM
8 matches since the last home win in the derby. Last one was when Lennon threw the toys out the pram.

Bangkok Hibby
08-09-2021, 06:27 AM
I doubt there’s anyone

Certainly hope not but we like all other clubs have our share of brain dead morons.

green day
08-09-2021, 07:00 AM

Hearts have honoured him by putting MND on their shirt, they had minutes silence / clapping already for him.

Do they have a clap for Zaliukas at every match? Or just planning it at a potentially explosive derby?

Would be standard Hearts if they planned a celebration for him with the specific goal of pointing the finger at dafty Hibs fans.

bigwheel
08-09-2021, 07:00 AM

Honestly. Is there any need to even post this - no one would do that

Sir David Gray
08-09-2021, 07:02 AM
Do we have the normal full Roseburn end?

Yes.

08-09-2021, 07:09 AM
I had a look at that thread earlier. Some very bizarre replies in it. One poster even said he hopes Hibs fans do it - wtf!!

Highly unlikely it is true, I think the person who started the thread is just trying to cause trouble.

My guess is we will set rivalry aside for 1 minute and clap/cheer too.

Pagan Hibernia
08-09-2021, 07:11 AM
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/ryan-stevenson-backing-hearts-old-21509544

Since452
08-09-2021, 07:39 AM
Hopefully Hearts are still busy celebrating their transfer window when we play them

Pagan Hibernia
08-09-2021, 07:47 AM
8 matches since the last home win in the derby. Last one was when Lennon threw the toys out the pram.

yes, strange that. There hadn’t been an away win for years before that.

anyway, we’ve only lost two of our last nine there, and won the last two. We’re top of the league and for all their bluster we have absolutely no reason to fear tynecastle.

Diclonius
08-09-2021, 07:50 AM
One for the Statos amongst us , has there ever been an Edinburgh Derby played with the teams in First and Second?

This one won't be as Rangers will go top the day before.

Allez Hibs
08-09-2021, 07:52 AM
Doidge will be a big miss on Sunday with all aerial battles and his general hold up play.

08-09-2021, 07:56 AM
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/ryan-stevenson-backing-hearts-old-21509544

“I’m excited for the weekend but I fully believe that Hearts will beat them.

I’m not surprised to see my fellow Record columnist Tam McManus saying otherwise, but what does Tam know about fitbaw?!

Listen, good on Hibs and good on Tam. It's the first time in about five or six years he's been able to shout his mouth off! Will give his wee column moment in the sunshine."

Other than a couple of derby wins, Hearts haven't exactly had much to shout their mouths off about for the last 5 or 6 years. What does "Stevo" know about fitbaw?!

Allez Hibs
08-09-2021, 08:01 AM

I’m not surprised to see my fellow Record columnist Tam McManus saying otherwise, but what does Tam know about fitbaw?!

Listen, good on Hibs and good on Tam. It's the first time in about five or six years he's been able to shout his mouth off! Will give his wee column moment in the sunshine."

Other than a couple of derby wins, Hearts haven't exactly had much to shout their mouths off about for the last 5 or 6 years. What does "Stevo" know about fitbaw?!

Nothing new in that article to be fair. We all know they have a completely different mentality with the Derby. It's the belief they have in Derbies which gets me as we seem to have allowed them to have it time and time again.

I'd take a point right now on Sunday. We won't be able to play expansive football and it will be a battle on their tight pitch.

at last 61
08-09-2021, 08:06 AM
Who wants mediocrity I want hibs to absolutely @@@k them :flag::flag:

Pagan Hibernia
08-09-2021, 08:52 AM
Nothing new in that article to be fair. We all know they have a completely different mentality with the Derby. It's the belief they have in Derbies which gets me as we seem to have allowed them to have it time and time again.

I'd take a point right now on Sunday. We won't be able to play expansive football and it will be a battle on their tight pitch.

it’s something that can only be built up consistently over years and years. Like we had from the mid 60s to the early 80s, and like they’ve had, erm, for most of the other 130 odd years. we could have been on the brink of a run like that a few years ago if it wasn’t for that late scuffed hearts goal that crept over the line in the Scottish cup (leveins natural order comment).

id be happy if we can overturn our losing derby record at Easter road on my lifetime. That one in particular is an embarrassment

Smartie
08-09-2021, 09:08 AM

If we’re talking about “Stevo” and his time at Hearts, the £40m or so’s worth of debt, used to pay for players they couldn’t otherwise afford that eventually landed up at the foot of the Lithuanian taxpayer was certainly something they had over us.

Since452
08-09-2021, 09:16 AM

He's a bit thick isn't he. Does he realise Hearts haven't finished above, or been anywhere near Hibs in the league for the last 5 or 6 years? One championship winning transfer window and everyone at Hearts are shouting their mouth off. Cretins.

MacBean
08-09-2021, 09:25 AM
JR on SSN talking about the derby. Boyle should be available.

Cod Boy
08-09-2021, 09:54 AM

He bangs on about hearts winning then slags of Tam for saying Hibs will win what a strange bunch they are.

JeMeSouviens
08-09-2021, 10:08 AM
He bangs on about hearts winning then slags of Tam for saying Hibs will win what a strange bunch they are.

It's not like he can write. Some poor journo has to speak to him* once a week and then try and make something coherent out of it.

* or just make something up.

SaulGoodman
08-09-2021, 10:32 AM
“Listen, good on Hibs and good on Tam. It's the first time in about five or six years he's been able to shout his mouth off! Will give his wee column moment in the sunshine.

...eh?

WeeRussell
08-09-2021, 10:34 AM
I should really know better by now... but I'm really looking forward to Sunday and feeling confident :greengrin

flash
08-09-2021, 10:59 AM

Jim Jeffries has an Indian sign over us? He played in and then managed them for the worst two Derby results in their history ffs.

JimBHibees
08-09-2021, 11:03 AM

Kind of confirms that Stevo isn't the brightest :greengrin

bigwheel
08-09-2021, 11:04 AM
Jim Jeffries has an Indian sign over us? He played in and then managed them for the worst two Derby results in their history ffs.

And was thumped 5-1 in a cup final Vs us too

JimBHibees
08-09-2021, 11:07 AM
If we’re talking about “Stevo” and his time at Hearts, the £40m or so’s worth of debt, used to pay for players they couldn’t otherwise afford that eventually landed up at the foot of the Lithuanian taxpayer was certainly something they had over us.

Also the list of retrospective Derby red cards including himself which would have significantly changed some of the scores. Best memory of Stevo is when he was high sixing Hearts fans at a corner just before 9 man Inverness equalised and then won at ER on pens. Classic winning mentality. :greengrin

Pagan Hibernia
08-09-2021, 11:09 AM

as the score was mounting in the 6-2 game and Hibs were looking like scoring with every attack I remember the camera panned to Jeffries and you could almost see him thinking “it’s happening again”.

im still annoyed we gave them a second late on that night tbh. And rewatching the game now it really should have been ten. Their keeper played well.

gbhibby
08-09-2021, 11:21 AM
Just keep the build up low key do our talking on the pitch.

jingler1954
08-09-2021, 04:53 PM
Not looking good JDH out for Sunday to add to the other missing players.Hopfully Newell will be back. Anyone have an idea what our starting 11 will be? Doig looked knackered at the end of the U21's game. Boiler doesn't look likely to be fit.

Diclonius
08-09-2021, 04:56 PM
Not looking good JDH out for Sunday to add to the other missing players.Hopfully Newell will be back. Anyone have an idea what our starting 11 will be? Doig looked knackered at the end of the U21's game. Boiler doesn't look likely to be fit.

Where are you reading Doyle-Hayes is out?

A Hi-Bee
08-09-2021, 05:01 PM

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, why no give JR a quick call I am sure he will let you know, ho,ho very yam right enough.

Since452
08-09-2021, 05:07 PM

Boil will be fine. Poor attempt.

jingler1954
08-09-2021, 05:08 PM

Covid.

jingler1954
08-09-2021, 05:09 PM
Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, why no give JR a quick call I am sure he will let you know, ho,ho very yam right enough.

Are you saying I'm a yam because I posted my concerns?

jingler1954
08-09-2021, 05:17 PM

Not reading maybe I should have waited for the official statement. I didn't think it would have caused such animosity.

bigwheel
08-09-2021, 05:22 PM
Not reading maybe I should have waited for the official statement. I didn't think it would have caused such animosity.

People are sensitive…don’t think your post deserved those replies ….f those players are out , it will certainly weaken us . We have a decent squad though

jingler1954
08-09-2021, 05:49 PM
Boil will be fine. Poor attempt.

Poor attempt at what exactly?

LunasBoots
08-09-2021, 06:06 PM

Hopefully you've got it wrong, a key player for us so far.

dchibs
08-09-2021, 06:16 PM

Ah fatty jim he had to suffer a 7-0 defeat at their own pad.:na na:

Stuart93
08-09-2021, 06:55 PM

Where have you read that about JDH? I’ve not seen that anywhere

Not doubting but interested to hear where it’s came from. Would be ***** news if true.

Unseen work
08-09-2021, 09:18 PM
……………..….Macey………

McGinn…Porteous….Hanlon/Wood….Doig…

……………JDH……..Newell….

Boyle………….Magennis………Scott…..

………………….Nisbet…….

Giving everyone is fit.

Hopefully Hanlon is back fit which I imagine he will be, if not Wood comes in

Boyle was not playing as a precaution I read so hopefully he makes it.

Murphy will probably be out I imagine.

Really hope JDH stuff is not true as he will be key to keeping the ball and being calm in possession.

Stuart93
08-09-2021, 09:50 PM
……………..….Macey………

McGinn…Porteous….Hanlon/Wood….Doig…

……………JDH……..Newell….

Boyle………….Magennis………Scott…..

………………….Nisbet…….

Giving everyone is fit.

Hopefully Hanlon is back fit which I imagine he will be, if not Wood comes in

Boyle was not playing as a precaution I read so hopefully he makes it.

Murphy will probably be out I imagine.

Really hope JDH stuff is not true as he will be key to keeping the ball and being calm in possession.

Ken still waiting for a response on the JDH rumour. You’d think it may have been picked up elsewhere by now, hopefully.

Hibee Mac
08-09-2021, 10:04 PM
If JDH and Newell are out then our chances of winning this game drop considerably in my opinion.

You only have to look at the last derby to see what happens when they press us on the ball with players who are not comfortable in retaining possession in tight areas.

That's the main thing I think those two bring to our side that we lack without them. In saying that, I can't remember if Newell was involved in the last derby.... Point still stands though

loanheadhibby
08-09-2021, 10:11 PM
They’re more confident because they get good results against us.
Exactly

Block
08-09-2021, 10:18 PM
I don't care how we do it. Just do it Hibs. Beat these self entitled knob end maroon gunts. Stick it right up them.

:flag:

Stuart93
08-09-2021, 10:23 PM
If JDH and Newell are out then our chances of winning this game drop considerably in my opinion.

You only have to look at the last derby to see what happens when they press us on the ball with players who are not comfortable in retaining possession in tight areas.

That's the main thing I think those two bring to our side that we lack without them. In saying that, I can't remember if Newell was involved in the last derby.... Point still stands though

Aye he played. Won us our penalty that KN missed. Can’t mind if he maybe set up doidges goal from the set piece. I’ve tried to wipe that game from memory

matty_f
08-09-2021, 10:28 PM
I’m not confident at all going in to this one, which is unusual because recently I’ve always fancied us, generally because I’ve thought were the better team.

They seem to be carrying an inordinate amount of luck at the moment though, and they are by some distance the luckiest team going in derbies.

Mostly, though, i think we’ll lose because of Sod’s Law, where Jack Ross’s excellent start to the season will be dismissed because he’s not won a big game and the usual suspects will get to thrash themselves silly about it.

JammyDoidger
08-09-2021, 10:32 PM
Kevin nisbet is due a big game performance. Come on son, get it up these tarts!!

B.H.F.C
08-09-2021, 10:39 PM
I’m not confident at all going in to this one, which is unusual because recently I’ve always fancied us, generally because I’ve thought were the better team.

They seem to be carrying an inordinate amount of luck at the moment though, and they are by some distance the luckiest team going in derbies.

Mostly, though, i think we’ll lose because of Sod’s Law, where Jack Ross’s excellent start to the season will be dismissed because he’s not won a big game and the usual suspects will get to thrash themselves silly about it.

Don’t think they’re great but not sure how lucky they’ve been. Having a good goalie has been the difference for me.

The ‘usual suspects’ chat is crap IMO. Just don’t lose the bloody game (and try to blame it on anything but our own failings in the process) and the usual suspects won’t be lining up.

Think your post is one of someone who ‘thinks’ we’re a good team but doesn’t actually have the bottle to back them when it comes to a big game. Excuses in early, deflect the blame.

We have better players IMO. We need to have the mentality to go and beat them now.

Block
08-09-2021, 11:01 PM
Don’t think they’re great but not sure how lucky they’ve been. Having a good goalie has been the difference for me.

The ‘usual suspects’ chat is crap IMO. Just don’t lose the bloody game (and try to blame it on anything but our own failings in the process) and the usual suspects won’t be lining up.

Think your post is one of someone who ‘thinks’ we’re a good team but doesn’t actually have the bottle to back them when it comes to a big game. Excuses in early, deflect the blame.

We have better players IMO. We need to have the mentality to go and beat them now.

Just beat these jambo swine at their piggery Hibs.

Not asking for the nil seven. A nil one would do just to stick it right up them.

matty_f
08-09-2021, 11:06 PM

No excuses on my post at all, so that’s a bit of a weird take on it. I’ve backed is plenty, by the way.

B.H.F.C
08-09-2021, 11:17 PM
No excuses on my post at all, so that’s a bit of a weird take on it. I’ve backed is plenty, by the way.

Don’t think it’s weird. You’re already having a pop at folk for moaning that hasn’t even happened yet. Already got it it out there that it’ll be Sod’s law or bad luck if we lose so you can have a pop at the usual suspects whatever that means.

Hearts fans, players, coaches, the tea lady and whoever else don’t give it all that. They just all expect to beat us, even when they have a poorer side, which is fairly often. Still, they must just be lucky…

We need to go and beat them (or not lose at worst) and all the usual suspects won’t be moaning

Block
08-09-2021, 11:23 PM
Don’t think it’s weird. You’re already having a pop at folk for moaning that hasn’t even happened yet. Already got it it out there that it’ll be Sod’s law or bad luck if we lose so you can have a pop at the usual suspects whatever that means.

Hearts fans, players, coaches, the tea lady and whoever else don’t give it all that. They just all expect to beat us, even when they have a poorer side, which is fairly often. Still, they must just be lucky…

I thought it was weird too. This one's even weirder being in the know to how even the hearts tea lady expects to beat Hibs.

Still, you had the good grace to state that 'they might just be lucky'. Nice one.

Lets stick it to these jambo *******s Hibernian!

Unseen work
08-09-2021, 11:27 PM
Even if JDH and Newell are injured we have Gogic and Allan to come in. Boyle injured and we have Wright, Mackay and maybe Cadden to come in. Hanlon out and Wood or Daz come ins

Worst case scenario we could field

………..………Macey……….

McGinn….Porteous…Wood/Daz…..Doig

………….Magennis…Gogic….

Wright/Cadden/Mackay…..Allan……Scott…..

……………………Nisbet……

Not the worst considering the injuries we have and still capable of getting a win.

Hibernia&Alba
08-09-2021, 11:32 PM

I'm never confident going to Tiny; our record there has been horrific for decades. As usual, I would be very happy with a draw.

Franck Stanton
08-09-2021, 11:53 PM
Just turn up hibs, don't go into the game with the s/c final (v st j), attitude, make sure you can look yourself in the mirror after the game & truthfully state you gave your all.

Allez Hibs
09-09-2021, 12:13 AM
Fair play to him for saying Hibs and Hearts should be challenging for the title. Wish JR would come out and say it.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-hearts-and-hibs-should-both-be-aiming-to-challenge-for-the-title-3376227

Unseen work
09-09-2021, 01:04 AM
Fair play to him for saying Hibs and Hearts should be challenging for the title. Wish JR would come out and say it.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-hearts-and-hibs-should-both-be-aiming-to-challenge-for-the-title-3376227

I was away to reply saying that’s nonsense and I wouldn’t like Ross to come out and say we should be challenging for the title.

But Neilson in fairness doesn’t exactly say that, he says they want to be challenging at the top end of the league and after that thinking that Hearts should always be challenging for the top 6 and European places.

Ross has said all of that before.

If anyone came out saying we are challenging to win the league I’d cringe. Yes we would all love that to be the aim but it’s fantasy stuff and quite frankly will make us look silly, we’ve only finished 3rd once in 16 years

A couple of years achieving consistent 3rd/4th placed finishes, success in cups and Europe and we’ll build our budget, along with investing in players and selling for profit. You’re talking 10 years of that to get anywhere close to Celtic and Rangers

Of course you can have the odd freak season where it could happen like Leicester did, but I would never want us to come out and say that’s the aim.

Keep our head down and go about our business. Shutting that lot up this weekend would be a good start.

Brightside
09-09-2021, 05:54 AM

Here we go.

JimBHibees
09-09-2021, 05:57 AM
I am feeling not too bad about this one however it is difficult to know who will be playing given the inordinate amount of injuries we have. If Boyle is out we only have Nisbet out of our normal front 4 which any team in the planet would struggle missing. Same if Jdh and Joe are out also the complete midfield shape changes hugely. Our captain missing also would be a blow. While any or all of that will impact our chances of winning what it would do would open the door to other guys with a fantastic opportunity to put in a performance and show your worth in our most important game. All we can ask is to stand up and give our all both players and fans alike and see where it takes us. Looking forward to it.

JimBHibees
09-09-2021, 06:01 AM

What he said all managers including ours have said. Really means nothing as every person who knows anything about Scottish football knows the reality.

Hiber-nation
09-09-2021, 06:02 AM

Why on earth would you want a Hibs manager to say that Hearts should be challenging for the title? Fair play ma erse, Neilson is your archetypal jambo fud.

Stuart93
Hearts media PR been in absolute overdrive this week. Daily record now running a story with an interview of Dom Ball (remember him) saying Barrie McKay is the “best he’s ever seen.

My ****ing sides.

Rangers. Swansea. Fleetwood Town. Hearts. The career trajectory of the best player he’s ever seen. He can’t have seen many in that case.

Since452
I think we'll only have Doidge missing from the squad. Maybe Murphy too but heard absolutely nothing about how serious his injury is.

JimBHibees
09-09-2021, 06:06 AM
I think we'll only have Doidge missing from the squad. Maybe Murphy too but heard absolutely nothing about how serious his injury is.

Think Murphy is a cert to be out given his hamstring issues. Would expect minimum 4 weeks probably longer.

Since90+2
09-09-2021, 06:07 AM
Where is this JDH being missing coming from?

matty_f
09-09-2021, 06:07 AM
Hearts media PR been in absolute overdrive this week. Daily record now running a story with an interview of Dom Ball (remember him) saying Barrie McKay is the “best he’s ever seen.

My ****ing sides.

Rangers. Swansea. Fleetwood Town. Hearts. The career trajectory of the best player he’s ever seen. He can’t have seen many in that case.

That’s laughable, eh? :faf:

They can’t help themselves, you’ll never see a football club more delusional or full of unjustified self importance than that lot.

Peevemor
09-09-2021, 06:12 AM
Where is this JDH being missing coming from?

One poster - Jingler1954 - has said that JDH has Covid. He's either a slaver or has good info.

I hope he's a slaver.

Brightside
09-09-2021, 06:26 AM

They have a different mentality - I’ll take a point right now. 😂😂. That there is the mentality. Their fans don’t go into this game thinking a draw would be good. But you know that.

Heisenberg
09-09-2021, 06:39 AM
I was away to reply saying that’s nonsense and I wouldn’t like Ross to come out and say we should be challenging for the title.

But Neilson in fairness doesn’t exactly say that, he says they want to be challenging at the top end of the league and after that thinking that Hearts should always be challenging for the top 6 and European places.

Ross has said all of that before.

If anyone came out saying we are challenging to win the league I’d cringe. Yes we would all love that to be the aim but it’s fantasy stuff and quite frankly will make us look silly, we’ve only finished 3rd once in 16 years

A couple of years achieving consistent 3rd/4th placed finishes, success in cups and Europe and we’ll build our budget, along with investing in players and selling for profit. You’re talking 10 years of that to get anywhere close to Celtic and Rangers

Of course you can have the odd freak season where it could happen like Leicester did, but I would never want us to come out and say that’s the aim.

Keep our head down and go about our business. Shutting that lot up this weekend would be a good start.

Good post and instantly shuts down what was another needless and baseless dig at JR.

superfurryhibby
09-09-2021, 07:17 AM

I agree, the 'usual suspects' gash cuts both ways and as you say, a decent result will avert any such nonsense.

It's a test of our mettle on Sunday. Injuries have taken their toll on the squad, but we've still got enough to get a result. If we lose then people will sound off, so what,,,it happens.

Keith_M
09-09-2021, 07:55 AM
TBH, I'm not really getting the 'Hearts are rubbish and we should be beating them really easily' talk (not everyone's saying that, obviously).

They've had a great start to the season and, while not always impressive, they've had some really good results in the league, e.g. v Celtc and Aberdeen.

Both teams will be really up for this and it could go either way on the day. That's football and it's what football is supposed to be all about.

GreenCastle
09-09-2021, 08:11 AM
Last 2 games - Hibs haven’t been that great against them. The home game at Easter Road we were awful.

The semi final - we weren’t awful but wouldn’t say we played that well.

So that’s 1 awful performance and 1 average performance against them in recent times.

Hearts fans seem to be foaming at the mouth at beating us Sunday. We really need to be up for this and bring some quality to the game Sunday.

The usual small tight pitch - high press (Hearts play 3-4-3) = long punts up the park to our strikers who rarely head the ball isn’t going to win us the game.

Both teams are much changed since we beat them 2-0 last time at Tynie. They have also added GMS who loves scoring against us.

It’s a massive test for the players and management - it won’t define the season but it will definitely show if we have learnt from past games plus do we have the quality to adapt with several injuries and hardly any preparation due to the international break.

Allez Hibs
09-09-2021, 08:20 AM
It’s a massive test for the players and management - it won’t define the season but it will definitely show if we have learnt from past games plus do we have the quality to adapt with several injuries and hardly any preparation due to the international break.

100%

Allez Hibs
09-09-2021, 08:22 AM
They have a different mentality - I’ll take a point right now. 😂😂. That there is the mentality. Their fans don’t go into this game thinking a draw would be good. But you know that.

Would you not take a point right now if it was offered?

Brightside
09-09-2021, 08:24 AM
Would you not take a point right now if it was offered?

No. It’s a negative and defeatist attitude. If you go out thinking a draw is ok you are limiting your chances of winning.

Billy Whizz
09-09-2021, 08:25 AM
No. It’s a negative and defeatist attitude. If you go out thinking a draw is ok you are limiting your chances of winning.

Didn’t do Callum McGregor much harm on Tuesday😀

Brightside
09-09-2021, 08:28 AM
Didn’t do Callum McGregor much harm on Tuesday😀

We won despite that attitude. It’s a honking attitude to have. We aren’t in a Dont Get Beat situation. Every player needs to think we have to go out and better them.

Since90+2
09-09-2021, 08:30 AM
If it's only Murphy and Doidge missing then I fancy us to beat them. If guys like JDH,Newell and Boyle are also out then I'd happily take a point and stay above them in the league.

JeMeSouviens
09-09-2021, 08:33 AM

My ****ing sides.

That overhit long diagonal that trundled out for a bye kick 3 mins into injury time is one of the best things I've ever seen. :wink:

Barrie McKay - cup final hero - FACT! :greengrin

Since452
09-09-2021, 08:56 AM
Hearts fans seem to think they're pumping us. The way their employees are talking suggests that they think the same. Lets just do our talking on the park.

HFC93
09-09-2021, 09:20 AM
I'm suprised how pessimistic folk are about this game. I probably shouldn't be given our record but I think we have a better side than them.

Billy Whizz
09-09-2021, 09:24 AM
Nick Walsh the ref on Sunday

Since90+2
09-09-2021, 09:26 AM
Nick Walsh the ref on Sunday

Probably the least card happy ref in the league. Watch them kick everything that moves.

.Sean.
09-09-2021, 09:35 AM
This ‘take a point’ guff needs to GTF

Nae wonder they constantly out battle us and beat us even when they’re pish when we go into games with an attitude like that

Allez Hibs
09-09-2021, 09:42 AM
I agree it's a defeatist attitude to settle for a point but at this stage of the season I'd take it right now. Just to provide context. I'm saying I would take a point based on a number of factors. Our recent record against them, our historical record at Tynecastle and not least the very tight pitch which makes the game more of a battle than anything. Would love us to be going there with the win at all costs mentality but we have played these games previously as "it's just another game and just another three points" which I believe is to our detriment.

Came across this from John Colqhoun:-

"I savoured every one of my derby victories and was devastated by those losses anyone involved in a derby that says it is just another game or three points should be barred from ever being involved in one except if it is a way to control emotions it is NOT just another game".

https://twitter.com/jckeysport7/status/1435154281934512131?s=20

The Edinburgh Derby is the biggest game of them all!

Diclonius
09-09-2021, 09:42 AM
One poster - Jingler1954 - has said that JDH has Covid. He's either a slaver or has good info.

I hope he's a slaver.

Jingler usually does ok in the prediction league so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

green day
09-09-2021, 09:46 AM
Hearts fans seem to think they're pumping us. The way their employees are talking suggests that they think the same. Lets just do our talking on the park.

I love it when teams (any team) are as overconfident as these muppets.

It will be all the sweeter when we win and watch them all try and rationalise it among themselves.

jacomo
09-09-2021, 09:47 AM

A derby win would be very welcome and would help atone in some part for last season’s Hampden debacle.

If we don’t win fans will be cross because it will undermine our great start.

I don’t know why you have to be all culture war about it.

O'Rourke3
09-09-2021, 10:06 AM
Not being defeatist but I'd take a point every time at the piggery if it meant never losing there again.
Hearts problem is they turn up against us every time and somehow cannot raise it to that level consistently against everyone else. If they could they'd be dangerous.

Alex Miller wasn't wrong describing it as another 3 points, with the idea that averaging 2 points per game gets you high up the league. Derbies bring out the worst in both sides with defeats dropping off the emotional scale and wins at the other end. Hearts hounded Odd Bod junior out last time because of that cup loss. There's a lot of our own fans who will feel the same way about Jack Ross anytime we lose a Derby.

My prediction. Hearts will more than likely play their hammer throwers and the ref will likely let one or two go before carding a Hibs player. Boyce is in a purple patch of penalty taking form and GMS generally loves playing well against us, so will score a beauty or con the ref into a penalty. Spotty will play out his skin( as most of their keepers do in this fixture) and we are likely to get beat to a last minute winner a la Ozturk.

As always I'd prefer it if we control the game from the get go and score three early then play possession football and pass them off thevlark for the remainder of the game. With Halliday sent off injuring himself in a two footed lunge where all he caught was the 4th official.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Crutch
09-09-2021, 10:08 AM
Anyone know how Hanlon’s fitness is looking? Been critical of him plenty times before, but if he’s fully fit he has to play given his experience.

Just wonder about Nathan Wood though. Vaguely remember one of Jordon Forster’s first games for Hibs was away at Tynie and was arguably his best. Sometimes a player with a bit more nervous energy than most can really perform on the day. Wouldn’t mind testing him at the deep end on Sunday, see what he’s all about.

Since452
09-09-2021, 10:32 AM
This take a point stuff really grinds my gears. I often wonder what the likes of Roy Keane would make of that attitude. There would be punches being swung at the training ground. Thankfully the players wont have that attitude and if they did they shouldn't be anywhere near my club. We should be going there to win the game. We've won our last two there and they haven't been near us in the league since Jesus was in nappies. Anything less than a win is disappointing.

Northernhibee
09-09-2021, 10:37 AM
This take a point stuff really grinds my gears. I often wonder what the likes of Roy Keane would make of that attitude. There would be punches being swung at the training ground. Thankfully the players wont have that attitude and if they did they shouldn't be anywhere near my club. We should be going there to win the game. We've won our last two there and they haven't been near us in the league since Jesus was in nappies. Anything less than a win is disappointing.

Roy Keane - someone so good at leading a football team and understanding attitudes required he’s sat on his arse on the telly talking about people who are still properly in the game.

Since452
09-09-2021, 10:43 AM
Roy Keane - someone so good at leading a football team and understanding attitudes required he’s sat on his arse on the telly talking about people who are still properly in the game.

Cant play at his age

niddriehibs32
09-09-2021, 11:07 AM

Mostly, though, i think we’ll lose because of Sod’s Law, where Jack Ross’s excellent start to the season will be dismissed because he’s not won a big game and the usual suspects will get to thrash themselves silly about it.Yet it will be people like you who if we win will come on here and instead of celebrating beating Hearts, will instead post the usual tripe of "wheres all the bedwetters now?" "Does this count as a big game?" "Usual suspects quiet tonight"

Its not a one way thing as much as some people love to try and portray it as such.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Since90+2
09-09-2021, 11:08 AM

I think you're looking into it a bit too far.

Personally I've said if we have only Doidge and Murphy out I expect us to win as we have the better side. If it's the case that Boyle, Doidge, Newell, JDH and Murphy are all out then I don't think a point would be a bad result.

That would keep us above Hearts in the league and maintain our unbeaten run at the wee ground.

The dalmeny
09-09-2021, 11:10 AM
Cant play at his age

aye, only won 7 EPL

theonlywayisup
09-09-2021, 11:54 AM
I go into every Derby match hoping for a win, but expecting a defeat. Having lived through the two long periods of Hertz wins, this is probably the reason why I'm so negative. As someone once mentioned, they could play with 11 traffic cones and still beat us.

There have been times when I've said "we're a much better team than Them, we should be thumping them" only to be disappointed. On the opposite side, there's been times when I've expected a defeat, but ended up being surprised. The only times when I've really been confident was during the Sauzee era and during the Mowbray/Collins period and to a lesser extent with Stubbs/Lennon.

No positive predictions from me.

Stuart93
09-09-2021, 12:23 PM
Surely peoples lack of confidence in derbies comes from the fact that, on a more regular basis than hearts, we don’t seem to turn up whereas they do.

We’ve obviously won the last 2 there so we can take confidence from that. We’re both better teams now imo but I still think we’re more capable of turning in a performance like the semi final against them.

We absolutely have to give it a go but also appreciate hearts are nowhere near as bad as they were last time we played them at tynie.

Im not sure I’m having all this hammer throwing stuff. From what I’ve seen of hearts this season, they seem to keep the ball on the deck a lot more and will no doubt try build from out wide with GMS & Ginnelly

matty_f
09-09-2021, 12:38 PM
Yet it will be people like you who if we win will come on here and instead of celebrating beating Hearts, will instead post the usual tripe of "wheres all the bedwetters now?" "Does this count as a big game?" "Usual suspects quiet tonight"

Its not a one way thing as much as some people love to try and portray it as such.

Trust me, I’ll celebrate beating Hearts.

matty_f
09-09-2021, 12:42 PM
Surely peoples lack of confidence in derbies comes from the fact that, on a more regular basis than hearts, we don’t seem to turn up whereas they do.

We’ve obviously won the last 2 there so we can take confidence from that. We’re both better teams now imo but I still think we’re more capable of turning in a performance like the semi final against them.

We absolutely have to give it a go but also appreciate hearts are nowhere near as bad as they were last time we played them at tynie.

Im not sure I’m having all this hammer throwing stuff. From what I’ve seen of hearts this season, they seem to keep the ball on the deck a lot more and will no doubt try build from out wide with GMS & Ginnelly
:agree:

I thought the last two derbies that we lost were bad results - we were better than them but didn’t take advantage. In the defeat at Easter Road we were abysmal - we looked like the team fighting relegation.

The Cup game, I’m more philosophical about. We could easily have won that in the day and should have, and i didn’t have too many complaints about the performance (plenty about the result, mind you).

This game, I think the sides are much more evenly matched and a win either way wouldn’t be a surprise.

Peevemor
09-09-2021, 12:43 PM
Yet it will be people like you who if we win will come on here and instead of celebrating beating Hearts, will instead post the usual tripe of "wheres all the bedwetters now?" "Does this count as a big game?" "Usual suspects quiet tonight"

You're dead right.

You seem to know the board pretty well considering Hibs have only lost 1 match since you joined.

Pagan Hibernia
09-09-2021, 12:55 PM
I go into every Derby match hoping for a win, but expecting a defeat. Having lived through the two long periods of Hertz wins, this is probably the reason why I'm so negative. As someone once mentioned, they could play with 11 traffic cones and still beat us.

There have been times when I've said "we're a much better team than Them, we should be thumping them" only to be disappointed. On the opposite side, there's been times when I've expected a defeat, but ended up being surprised. The only times when I've really been confident was during the Sauzee era and during the Mowbray/Collins period and to a lesser extent with Stubbs/Lennon.

No positive predictions from me.

the Mowbray/Collins era was enjoyable overall but neither of them had a good derby record

Pagan Hibernia
09-09-2021, 01:37 PM

they are certainly more progressive and expansive than traditional hearts teams

JammyDoidger
09-09-2021, 03:19 PM
Imagine a Hearts team containing an in form Nisbet, Boyle, and Magennis, id be making buttons, nothing to fear from them. Aberdeen proved that a few weeks ago. Celtic tore them to bits at parkhead, they've not been anything special. Defenders defend properly, no silly mistakes and we will win the game I've no doubt.

Magpie
09-09-2021, 03:23 PM
Daniel MacKay winner on Sunday.

Kato
09-09-2021, 03:29 PM
they are certainly more progressive and expansive than traditional hearts teamsGood. I'd prefer to play a team trying to play football rather than the weird, awful spoiling game they usually come up with.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
09-09-2021, 03:38 PM
It’s a difficult one to call given our injury list Even if Hanlon comes back in it’s a while since he played If Boyle was 50 / 50 fir International will he play snd if kicked off the park will he manage whole game Could go on but that’s what makes it difficult to call
Gordon will defo be up fir game and a couple of early saves will give them confidence
Haven’t seem much of hearts and they have a few new players so it’s tempting g to just say it’s away from home and will accept a draw
But for me both team will want to win to
Go three points clear if Thier rivals
So it’s which team handles the occasion wins the battles and takes Thier chances while not making many mistakes that get punished
Could go iether way But would need to see our team and bench before being confident of a win

hibeedonald
09-09-2021, 04:13 PM
Michael Smith possibly out for them. Big blow as they don't have much cover at RB

09-09-2021, 04:14 PM
Michael Smith possibly out for them. Big blow as they don't have much cover at RB

Who?

Since452
09-09-2021, 04:41 PM

John Robertson will make a full recovery

Since452
09-09-2021, 04:42 PM
aye, only won 7 EPL

Doesn't know how to lead a team though...

Sean1875
09-09-2021, 07:17 PM

First timer to an Edinburgh derby build up eh? :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
09-09-2021, 08:06 PM
Picture on Instagram of Martin Boyle walking with his daughter in shorts to her nursery. No bandage or strapping. Looks OK.

Gmack7
10-09-2021, 05:54 AM
Has there been any update on Hanlon or Newall?

GreenCastle
10-09-2021, 06:24 AM
Has there been any update on Hanlon or Newall?

Hanlon, Newell, Mackie, Hallberg and Murphy assuming Boyle is ok..?!

Hibee87
10-09-2021, 06:32 AM
First timer to an Edinburgh derby build up eh? :greengrin

To be fair, I read the other night he either came of, or was struggling in NI match holding his knee or something.
Thinknit was a sky sports news article. If Hearts have come out and said he is out/ 50/50 then I expect him to play. If they said nowt, could be a possibility

Brightside
10-09-2021, 06:47 AM

Mackie is out long term so. I idea why you’d mention him. Hallberg not training yet either.

Sir David Gray
10-09-2021, 06:51 AM
Who?

Darts player.

Since452
10-09-2021, 07:05 AM

Hanlon and Newell were 50/50 for the Livi game so a couple weeks down the line i'd be surprised if they weren't back. Cadden should be in the squad. Mackie has about as much chance as me but think he's injured anyway as is Hallberg. Boyle fine.

Tommy75
10-09-2021, 08:49 AM
I often think fans overthink a derby match. Before the game we usually hear the old cliches trotted out (form goes out the window, earn the right the play, win individual battles etc).

Surely those principles apply to any game of football being played anywhere?

Leithenhibby
10-09-2021, 09:06 AM
I often think fans overthink a derby match. Before the game we usually hear the old cliches trotted out (form goes out the window, earn the right the play, win individual battles etc).

Exactly this, it's just another game...

Mon the Hibees 💚💚

Allez Hibs
10-09-2021, 09:13 AM

Think this exactly where we have gone wrong over the years. Our outlook and approach most of the time seems to have been it's just another game and just another 3 points. It really isn't. These games a reflected on massively by the fans and can dictate the feeling around the club. Put a good run together in Derbies and there will naturally be a feel good factor around the club.

Since452
10-09-2021, 09:17 AM
The players will go in to this game knowing we are a good team. We don't lose many games of football. Seems like everyone is talking about Hearts forgetting that we are top of the league. No promotion bounce for us either, we are just a good side. We are a points machine under Ross and Hearts will need to be very good to beat us.

Cod Boy
10-09-2021, 09:18 AM
The mentality has to change when they sign players it’s drummed into them to be arrogant and anti Hibs in all aspects. Most of there fans think the are better than us because they support hearts.

Folk saying take a point on Sunday let’s go and win the game and show them we are better than them remember it’s hearts we are playing not Man City

Since452
10-09-2021, 09:27 AM
The mentality has to change when they sign players it’s drummed into them to be arrogant and anti Hibs in all aspects. Most of there fans think the are better than us because they support hearts.

Folk saying take a point on Sunday let’s go and win the game and show them we are better than them remember it’s hearts we are playing not Man City

Despise that attitude. They toiled at home against an Aberdeen team that finished below us last season and had just travelled back from Baku. Go and win this Hibs. Let them celebrate their transfer window. We already had a good team.

Bobby's Cinema
10-09-2021, 09:51 AM
they are certainly more progressive and expansive than traditional hearts teams
Im not sure I'm having this Hearts team described as progressive and expensive. Have a read back at the Celtic league Cup game facing 50 unanswered shots and 10% possession. They are there to be had. There well be a few jambos pissing themselves laughing reading through this thread.

Bobby's Cinema
10-09-2021, 09:55 AM
The players will go in to this game knowing we are a good team. We don't lose many games of football. Seems like everyone is talking about Hearts forgetting that we are top of the league. No promotion bounce for us either, we are just a good side. We are a points machine under Ross and Hearts will need to be very good to beat us.
That's a great point, this team is as efficient at consistently picking up points as we have had in recent years. Let's be confident on Sunday

CB_NO3
10-09-2021, 11:46 AM
Rumours flying about Mcgennis and Doyle Hayes have covid. Hoping its nonsense. Cant see them in today's training photo. Good to see Boyle there.

gbhibby
10-09-2021, 11:47 AM
That's a great point, this team is as efficient at consistently picking up points as we have had in recent years. Let's be confident on Sunday

Just win the individual battles. There seems to be a lot of talk coming from them in the press. We are treating it as just another game against a newly promoted side. They will go to ground easily so need to be aware of that. Wonder if Ben Kensell will be in among the fans as our previous CEO would do at that place.

Peevemor
10-09-2021, 11:49 AM
Rumours flying about Mcgennis and Doyle Hayes have covid. Hoping its nonsense. Cant see them in today's training photo. Good to see Boyle there.

Who are behind McGinn & Gogic?

gbhibby
10-09-2021, 11:54 AM

Good to see Cadden in photo, but what is Kevin wearing on his head.

Ronniekirk
10-09-2021, 11:56 AM

That would be a disaster imo

Heisenberg
10-09-2021, 11:57 AM
Who are behind McGinn & Gogic?

Think it’s Brydon behind McGinn. Not sure on who it is behind Gogic, holding out hope it’s JDH. Magennis doesn’t appear to be there.

Vault Boy
10-09-2021, 11:59 AM
Very concerning if we're to be without our best two midfielders.

Starts for Gogic, Newell, and Allan? Not a trio we've used all that often. We'll still have enough up top to hurt them though.

oneone73
10-09-2021, 11:59 AM
Hasn't Magennis had Covid before?

Heisenberg
10-09-2021, 12:00 PM

Yeah got it pretty bad last season.

Diclonius
10-09-2021, 12:00 PM
See if we have a ****ing decimated squad before the derby

CB_NO3
10-09-2021, 12:02 PM
Hope they are just isolating until PCR result comes back.

GreenCastle
10-09-2021, 12:03 PM
Think it’s Brydon behind McGinn. Not sure on who it is behind Gogic, holding out hope it’s JDH. Magennis doesn’t appear to be there.

Hearing JDH will be missing (hopefully not) - haven’t heard anything about Magennis.

Stuart93
10-09-2021, 12:06 PM
****sake. Surely not without both JDH and magennis for Sunday. Would be a total nightmare

Hibs90
10-09-2021, 12:06 PM
Hope they are just isolating until PCR result comes back.

Fingers crossed.

:rolleyes:

Ronniekirk
10-09-2021, 12:09 PM

But people have had it twice so it’s possible he could have got it again Just need to wait and see

Since452
10-09-2021, 12:18 PM
The Rangers beat Celtic with a Covid outbreak. Just got to do what we can.

18Craig75
10-09-2021, 12:19 PM
He could be a close contact of JDH and I’ve he’s not been double vaxxed he’ll need to isolate.

mcohibs
10-09-2021, 12:23 PM
He could be a close contact of JDH and I’ve he’s not been double vaxxed he’ll need to isolate.

If any of our players are not double vaxxed it's a ****ing disgrace. Should be in their contract IMO

Since452
10-09-2021, 12:26 PM
This is what's bloody annoying about there not being any managers pre game interview these days. Everyone second guessing.

LunasBoots
10-09-2021, 12:31 PM
Hearing JDH will be missing (hopefully not) - haven’t heard anything about Magennis.

Have heard it's both sadly

18Craig75
10-09-2021, 12:36 PM
If any of our players are not double vaxxed it's a ****ing disgrace. Should be in their contract IMO

Agreed they should all be double vaxxed but they’re employees at the end of the day and they can’t be forced.

I wonder if they’re allowed in to the stadium when Vax Passports come in 😂

Stuart93
10-09-2021, 12:36 PM
Would probably sum up our luck to have most back from injury only to lose both of them.

NOLA
10-09-2021, 12:38 PM
Hopefully nisbet and Boyle are fit,

GreenCastle
10-09-2021, 12:39 PM
Have heard it's both sadly

Looking at the photo of training - both seem to be missing so probably makes sense.

2 of our best players this season missing.

Time for others to step up.

Stuart93
10-09-2021, 12:41 PM
Looking at the photo of training - both seem to be missing so probably makes sense.

Time for gogic to step up imo. Had an awful time of it so far this season.

LunasBoots
10-09-2021, 12:43 PM

Yup, are two most creative players missing is massive in such a big game, last couple weeks with injury concerns and now this, doesn't seem ideal.

Since452
10-09-2021, 01:29 PM

Magennis took the photo and JDH was way ahead of the rest. Nothing to see here :greengrin

Greenworld
10-09-2021, 01:34 PM
He could be a close contact of JDH and I’ve he’s not been double vaxxed he’ll need to isolate.Don't matter if your double vexed you can still get and test positive. In fact it seems to be rife right now amongst double vaxed no bad symptoms but still positive

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
10-09-2021, 01:43 PM

Don’t see James Scott in the photo too.

Peevemor
10-09-2021, 01:45 PM
Don’t see James Scott in the photo too.I thought that was him behind Gogic.

SteveHFC
10-09-2021, 01:46 PM
I thought that was him behind Gogic.

Either him or Doyle-Hayes behind Gogic.

Mikey_1875
10-09-2021, 01:48 PM
I thought Scott was at the back left of Nisbet just to add more confusion :greengrin

Keyser Sauzee
10-09-2021, 01:54 PM
Where is the picture of training today?

green day
10-09-2021, 01:54 PM
Where is the picture of training today?

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1436292637317869578?s=20

ekhibee
10-09-2021, 01:55 PM
Apologies if somebody's already asked, is the derby game on PPV?

BlackSheep
10-09-2021, 01:56 PM
JDH and Magennis missed training today due to slight niggles, but the hope is they’ll be fit for Sunday… it’s touch and go.

Nothing to do with Covid.

Info from inside the hibs camp.

Keyser Sauzee
10-09-2021, 01:58 PM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1436292637317869578?s=20

Definitely no Magennis in that photo, unsure if JDH is one of the obscure ones in the back, doubt it tho.

Turkish Green
10-09-2021, 02:12 PM
I have been out of circulation for months due to COVID but I am out of the box this week. This week is a win, win situation for me. I can only see good things happening at the bus shelter. 2-0 up at half-time and no way back for them.

Stuart93
10-09-2021, 02:29 PM
JDH and Magennis missed training today due to slight niggles, but the hope is they’ll be fit for Sunday… it’s touch and go.

Nothing to do with Covid.

Info from inside the hibs camp.

Suppose that’s a bit more upbeat than it being a covid issue. Hope they both make it!