PDA

View Full Version : Dylan Tait

sarfoftheborder
01-09-2021, 04:59 PM
On the official site it has been announced that, subject to paperwork approval from the SFA. we HAVE signed Dylan Tait from Raith on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee, with him being loaned back until January. Great news and evidence again of our strategy of buying young players to develop them. Well done all concerned.

lord bunberry
01-09-2021, 05:25 PM
On the official site it has been announced that, subject to paperwork approval from the SFA. we HAVE signed Dylan Tait from Raith on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee, with him being loaned back until January. Great news and evidence again of our strategy of buying young players to develop them. Well done all concerned.
This is the sort of signing that has served us well recently. Smaller clubs will look favourably on selling to us with a sell on fee due to the way we go about our business. Hopefully the boy is great success.

Billy Whizz
01-09-2021, 05:45 PM
Spoke well on Hibs TV. We are really lacking players around this age at the club

Callum_62
01-09-2021, 05:50 PM
The few clips on hibs TV seems like he has a pass in him

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Unseen work
01-09-2021, 06:32 PM
Really good signing.

Very comfortable on the ball, good passer and willing to get stuck in.

100k for a 19 year old who’s only played about 30 games in the championship is a lot of money for us but he’s 100% worth it.

Tons of potential.

We really are acquiring a squad with huge sell on potential;

Porteous
Doig
Magennis
Jake Doyle Hayes
Mackay
Tait
Nisbet
Scott - Confident if he does well we’ll sign him permanently.

That doesn’t include our own youngsters who are highly rated and could make the break through

Kevin Dabrowski
Jamie Gullan
Josh Campbell
Steven Bradley
Josh O’Connor
Ethan Laidlaw

I’ll add that a lot of them have a long way to go and don’t necessarily have to go for millions. If we can buy a couple like Tait for 100k or so we could times it be 10 quite easily. Our own players haven’t cost us a fee but exposure to the first team and doing well could see us still sell them for a fee even if it’s small like Oli Shaw.

It’s really exciting times to be a Hibs fan, just got to hope we keep them all together and surround them with other quality and experienced players.

Hibee Mac
01-09-2021, 09:00 PM
Really good signing.

100k for a 19 year old who’s only played about 30 games in the championship is a lot of money for us but he’s 100% worth it.

Tons of potential.

Porteous
Doig
Magennis
Jake Doyle Hayes
Mackay
Tait
Nisbet

That doesn’t include our own youngsters who are highly rated and could make the break through

Kevin Dabrowski
Jamie Gullan
Josh Campbell
Steven Bradley
Josh O’Connor
Ethan Laidlaw

I’ll add that a lot of them have a long way to go and don’t necessarily have to go for millions. If we can buy a couple like Tait for 100k or so we could times it be 10 quite easily. Our own players haven’t cost us a fee but exposure to the first team and doing well could see us still sell them for a fee even if it’s small like Oli Shaw.

It’s really exciting times to be a Hibs fan, just got to hope we keep them all together and surround them with other quality and experienced players.Great post, exciting times ahead. Ron has a plan and I like it.

04Sauzee
01-09-2021, 09:09 PM
Really good signing.

Tons of potential.

Porteous
Doig
Magennis
Jake Doyle Hayes
Mackay
Tait
Nisbet

Kevin Dabrowski
Jamie Gullan
Josh Campbell
Steven Bradley
Josh O’Connor
Ethan Laidlaw

It’s really exciting times to be a Hibs fan, just got to hope we keep them all together and surround them with other quality and experienced players.

JDH only signed for 2 years, so hopefully we will be looking to give him a longer deal or we may already be looking to cash in on him next summer. He really does look like a class footballer.

matty_f
01-09-2021, 09:12 PM
My son’s pal plays for Raith and said Tait’s “unreal”. Said he can play accurate in midfield.

Big_Franck
01-09-2021, 09:13 PM
This looks a good signing to me. He was probably their best player against us in pre season and he did really well against Aberdeen in the cup. Against Aberdeen he looked really composed on the ball for someone so young, confident with a decent touch and was full of running as well. I'll be watching the highlights of the Raith games to see how he does.

SMAXXA
01-09-2021, 09:14 PM
JDH only signed for 2 years, so hopefully we will be looking to give him a longer deal or we may already be looking to cash in on him next summer. He really does look like a class footballer.

That will be extended before the end of the season

04Sauzee
01-09-2021, 09:15 PM

That would be excellent, he's a joy to watch.

Keyser Sauzee
01-09-2021, 09:15 PM

I hope your right but have my doubts. He’s been excellent so far and can see him leaving at the end of his current contract to go down south.

MrSmith
01-09-2021, 09:25 PM
Did we sign that Scandinavian player, Tonnenson?

Ronniekirk
01-09-2021, 09:26 PM
Did we sign that Scandinavian player, Tonnenson?

No that was only going to happen if Doig left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2021, 09:31 PM
i've really missed having a Dylan in our side, would be great if we could go out and get another Dylan

ruthven_raiders
01-09-2021, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=Ronniekirk;6680217]No that was only going to happen if Doig left

If he had signed, then we could have seen Doig moving further forward and use his attacking qualities.

tamig
01-09-2021, 11:10 PM
i've really missed having a Dylan in our side, would be great if we could go out and get another Dylan

So you want two Dylans?

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2021, 11:46 PM
So you want two Dylans?

Dylan & Dylan :agree: bring original Dylan back

MrSmith
02-09-2021, 12:25 AM
No that was only going to happen if Doig left

Cheers :D

FilipinoHibs
02-09-2021, 01:32 AM
Dylan & Dylan :agree: bring original Dylan back

Do you think the parents are fans of Bob or The Magic Roundabout?

cabbageandribs1875
02-09-2021, 01:56 AM
Do you think the parents are fans of Bob or The Magic Roundabout?

whae :eek:

though i have heard of the latter, i just watched scooby-doo :) had the hots for daphne

Forza Fred
02-09-2021, 04:08 AM
Last ‘promising youngster’ we signed on a four and a half year deal from Raith was Sean Mackie.

J-C
02-09-2021, 05:40 AM

Unless he sees Hibs as a stepping stone, he came up here from Villa and signed a short term deal will St Mirren, he maybe sees himself playing down south hence only a 2 yr deal, hopefully that isn't the case.

Greenbeard
02-09-2021, 06:53 AM
You're blowing in the wind with that one.

Alex Trager
02-09-2021, 07:08 AM
The second pass shown in his interview is an absolute beauty.

Here’s hoping this is a gem we have uncovered.

Out of interest, with his style and position, who would he dislodge in the team?

hibbyfraelibby
02-09-2021, 07:12 AM

though i have heard of the latter, i just watched scooby-doo :) had the hots for daphne

Daphne? As in Daphne Broon the Susan Boyle lookalike?

Hibernian Verse
02-09-2021, 07:20 AM
Last ‘promising youngster’ we signed on a four and a half year deal from Raith was Sean Mackie.

I might be wrong but I'm sure he wasn't even in their first team at the time.

Since452
02-09-2021, 07:24 AM

Nope. According to Rovers website Tait has made 68 appearances already. That's decent playing against men at a very competitive level.

J-C
02-09-2021, 07:50 AM
Nope. According to Rovers website Tait has made 68 appearances already. That's decent playing against men at a very competitive level.

He's talking about Mackie.

Since452
02-09-2021, 07:51 AM
He's talking about Mackie.

I know. Was just pointing out the difference.

Ronniekirk
02-09-2021, 08:06 AM
Unless he sees Hibs as a stepping stone, he came up here from Villa and signed a short term deal will St Mirren, he maybe sees himself playing down south hence only a 2 yr deal, hopefully that isn't the case.

St Mirren fans (still bitter at losing him ) think he has an Agent that will be looking to move him on next summer
Time will tell

jacomo
02-09-2021, 08:29 AM
St Mirren fans (still bitter at losing him ) think he has an Agent that will be looking to move him on next summer
Time will tell

I can understand their frustration tbh.

Would be great to extend his contract - gives him comfort and us security.

No problem with him being ambitious.

J-C
02-09-2021, 09:11 AM
Time will tell

He put himself in the shop window at St Mirren, maybe he sees Hibs as the bigger club he was looking for, time will tell.

Lago
02-09-2021, 09:30 AM
He put himself in the shop window at St Mirren, maybe he sees Hibs as the bigger club he was looking for, time will tell.
A bigger stepping stone 🤔

AltheHibby
03-09-2021, 10:42 PM

Glad you said Daphne as I married Velma! Seriously, that's my wife's name.

Mickey Weir
05-09-2021, 06:53 AM
He's a good player, I've hoped for a while that we'd sign him

calumhibee1
05-09-2021, 07:11 AM
This isn’t to be seen as a criticism of McKay btw, but is Tait better/more ready for the first team?

When I’ve seen McKay so far I’m not sure I’d say he’s quite at first team level at Hibs yet, which is fine as he’s still very young.

Is Tait more likely to pitch up here and start games? They’re both at a similar age with similar careers so far.

theonlywayisup
05-09-2021, 07:13 AM
He's a good player, I've hoped for a while that we'd sign him

What type of a player is he MW?

theonlywayisup
05-09-2021, 07:23 AM
This isn’t to be seen as a criticism of McKay btw, but is Tait better/more ready for the first team?

When I’ve seen McKay so far I’m not sure I’d say he’s quite at first team level at Hibs yet, which is fine as he’s still very young.

Is Tait more likely to pitch up here and start games? They’re both at a similar age with similar careers so far.

I see where you're coming from re McKay. IMO, I've seen enough of McKay to see that we've got an excellent young prospect who whilst not a 1st team pick is more than ready to come into games and be make an impact. The more game time he has, the more confident he'll become.

It'll be the same with Tait, I assume as I've no idea what he's capable of.

Big_Franck
05-09-2021, 07:25 AM

I don't think so, no. Which is why we've put him back out on loan to Raith to get more experience and mature a bit more. They are roughly at the same stage of their development I'd say. MacKay is slightly older but Tait has played a decent amount of games for a 19 year old. I think he might even be put back out on loan again in January.

Peevemor
05-09-2021, 07:45 AM
I don't think so, no. Which is why we've put him back out on loan to Raith to get more experience and mature a bit more. They are roughly at the same stage of their development I'd say. MacKay is slightly older but Tait has played a decent amount of games for a 19 year old. I think he might even be put back out on loan again in January.John McGlynn has confirmed that Rovers stipulated the loan thing as it was too late for them to sign a replacement. Without it the deal wouldn't have gone ahead.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/dylan-tait-hibs-move-wouldnt-have-happened-without-one-condition-reveals-john-mcglynn/ar-AAO1T0L

Mikey_1875
05-09-2021, 09:30 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/new-hibs-midfielder-dylan-tait-shines-as-raith-dust-away-cobwebs-with-win-over-forfar-3371325

Seems to have played well yesterday, sounds like a Scott Allan type player going on that article.

Since452
05-09-2021, 09:33 AM
John McGlynn has confirmed that Rovers stipulated the loan thing as it was too late for them to sign a replacement. Without it the deal wouldn't have gone ahead.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/dylan-tait-hibs-move-wouldnt-have-happened-without-one-condition-reveals-john-mcglynn/ar-AAO1T0L

Nice words from NcGlynn. No issue with loaning the lad back until January. Means he's playing every week.

Peevemor
05-09-2021, 09:42 AM
Nice words from NcGlynn. No issue with loaning the lad back until January. Means he's playing every week.For all that he's a figure of fun on here, he speaks very highly of Hibs in the article.

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2021, 10:02 AM
For all that he's a figure of fun on here, he speaks very highly of Hibs in the article.

He's got them playing decent football tbf.

flash
05-09-2021, 10:02 AM
For all that he's a figure of fun on here, he speaks very highly of Hibs in the article.

He also appears to be an excellent coach.

Dashing Bob S
05-09-2021, 10:10 AM
A bigger stepping stone 🤔

We’re a stepping boulder

Dashing Bob S
05-09-2021, 10:18 AM

He also took the opportunity to rub some salt into Yam wounds regarding the Andrew Driver fiasco - maybe not a great fan of the current Tynecastle regime?

Wilson
05-09-2021, 11:09 AM
It is hard to know what to make of the deal. On the face of it Raith lose one of their better players, or at least one with the most potential, for a measly 100k.

However, had they held on to him and developed him over a couple of seasons they'd still do well to push for anything like the 400k we supposedly paid for Nisbet. Is it worth the risk?

On balance I guess the deal was good money in and good add-ons at the right time.

While I can understand Raith fans being unhappy they were caught between a rock and a hard place. Even if they knocked back the deal and put the player on a better contract that would represent a bigger outlay for Raith with no guarantee of a better return.

It seems like good business on their part getting him loaned back to them. I hope the player does very well for us and Raith get some sort of payoff down the line.

Since452
05-09-2021, 11:14 AM
I'm really encouraged by the young signings we're making. A club like Hibs should be snapping up the best young talent from the lower leagues. McKay and Tait fit that bill. Nisbet fell into that category too although a tad older. We clearly have a plan and vision and it's fantastic to see.

theonlywayisup
05-09-2021, 11:23 AM
John McGlynn has confirmed that Rovers stipulated the loan thing as it was too late for them to sign a replacement. Without it the deal wouldn't have gone ahead.

McGlynn admitted the uncertainty of football also played a part in the deal. "I was at Hearts when Burnley wanted to sign Andrew Driver for £2.7 million and they knocked it back. Andrew was then injured for the next two or three years and hardly played. "If we denied Dylan this opportunity we might have an unsettled player, he might not kick on here – you just never know what’s going to happen.”

Just shows how a young players value can reduce quickly. If Driver had been sold for £2.7m, with potential of re-sales, the Hertz would have been laughing all the way to the bank. Very sad on how things panned out for Driver, though. Did he not head off to USA/Canada?

Hiber-nation
05-09-2021, 11:55 AM

McGlynn is one of the good guys. The polar opposite of the archetypal Jambo fud such as Levein, Locke and Neilson.

Diclonius
05-09-2021, 12:04 PM

Acted less than polite when he was briefly manager of them but looks like that just came with the territory as he's been fine ever since. He's from Musselburgh, possibly one of us as a kid?

Stevie Reid
05-09-2021, 12:21 PM
McGlynn admitted the uncertainty of football also played a part in the deal. "I was at Hearts when Burnley wanted to sign Andrew Driver for £2.7 million and they knocked it back. Andrew was then injured for the next two or three years and hardly played. "If we denied Dylan this opportunity we might have an unsettled player, he might not kick on here – you just never know what’s going to happen.”

Just shows how a young players value can reduce quickly. If Driver had been sold for £2.7m, with potential of re-sales, the Hertz would have been laughing all the way to the bank. Very sad on how things panned out for Driver, though. Did he not head off to USA/Canada?

He did. Think McInnes took him to Aberdeen for a very short spell after that?

Iggy Pope
05-09-2021, 01:47 PM
Nice words from NcGlynn. No issue with loaning the lad back until January. Means he's playing every week.

His programme notes in the pre-season testimonial also had nice words. I think it’s only that one period of dressing like a Hearts looney that has blighted him.

Centre Hawf
05-09-2021, 02:39 PM
Noticed Raith Rovers put out a statement about the sale of Dylan Tait to us but have since removed it from the website. Managed to keep the tab open so thought I'd share it here -

"Raith Rovers FC majority shareholder and Chairman John Sim has released the following statement regarding the transfer of Dylan Tait to Hibernian FC this week:

In the interests of clarity I have documented the events that led up to Dylan Tait’s transfer to Hibernian.

At 4.30pm (10.30 pm Bangkok time) on transfer deadline day – Tuesday August 31st – I received a call from Dylan’s agent advising me that Hibs were keen to sign Dylan before the deadline and that Dylan and his family were very keen to accept the offer that had been made to him.
Hibs had made a ridiculous offer which we had rejected. It involved no money but players in exchange. I reiterated that it was not our intention to sell at this time as we have no financial need.

Our number one priority is remaining in the Championship and until this has been achieved, we would not be interested in entertaining offers. I also pointed out that currently Brad Spencer is unavailable, and that Ross Matthews has a toe condition that we had not yet fully resolved.

I suggested that there was no way that the Raith Rovers manager would sanction a transfer at this late stage, so I did not think we needed to proceed further. I was then advised that the agent had already spoken to the manager and that the manger would not want an unhappy player. He also stated that the manager would have a backup plan.
I immediately called the manager and we agreed that we were not prepared to let Dylan go until we were confident that we had adequate replacements available. We also agreed to seek a win-win as best as we could, which would honour our commitment to encourage players to play at the highest level while protecting the club.
John McGlynn is a very resourceful manager, and he was indeed already considering the possible options open. We all expected that Dylan would likely be leaving mid 2022 so plans were already in place; Quinn Coulson has been loaned to Cowdenbeath and we have been looking at another loan out to get our younger players experience of competing at senior level.

John also has a plan to utilise Frankie Musonda in midfield, which has been thwarted by Frankie’s delayed return from injury.
An important part of the Football pathway that we are building from the bottom up is the fact that young players can see it working. It is no accident that recently a number have chosen Raith Rovers FC over Dunfermline Athletic. These have included Kieran Bowie, Dylan, and Quinn Coulson. We do not sign them to make up numbers and we will not hold them back when opportunities arise.

Starting in late 2020 we opened discussions with a number of players about extending their contracts. These included Regan Hendry and Dan Armstrong as well as Dylan. Dylan and his agent were willing to work with the club on this. His previous contract ran till June 2022, but he was willing to extend until 2024. This gave both him, but more importantly the club, protection.

Dan and Regan moved on as they were entitled to do without any transfer fee coming to the club. Dylan, had he not extended his contract, could have walked away June 2022 as a free agent and most likely to his significant benefit. However, he saw how we have acted in the past and trusted that we would not block him if a good opportunity presented itself.

The final decision on matters like these lies with the manager. He has a budget and can wheel and deal within that sum. He is responsible for performances on the pitch and maintaining squad morale.

After discussing the clubs options after learning of Hibs interest we went back to Dylan’s agent and explained that unless we could keep Dylan on loan till at least January we would not proceed as we did not have time to find a replacement with both Brad Spencer and Frankie Musonda currently injured.
In all of our transfer negotiations we now expect a significant sell on clause plus various incentives depending on how the player progresses. This was also conveyed to Hibs together with a requirement that the fee be increased.

At this point it looked like the deal would not go through because Hibs wanted Dylan immediately as they said that they saw him competing immediately for a first team place.
The rest of the Board of Raith Rovers FC were informed that something was in the works at 6.54pm on Tuesday the 31st of August. Vice Chairman David Sinton and Operations Manager Rab More agreed to stand by in case the deal progressed.

Negotiations then followed which I was not directly involved in, and we stood firm on our requirement that Dylan stayed with us until after the Dunfermline game on Sunday January 2nd 2022. This required us to trade a little but not significantly.

The deal was done, and papers were lodged with Hampden at 2358hrs with discussions on the loan ongoing until 0045hrs on 1st September.
In summary; I think it is evident to anyone who has visited the Hibs website that Dylan is very happy with his move. We are pleased for him, but it is not a deal that we wanted to do.

We had always planned that he would only be with us in 2024 if he did not progress as we hoped and expected. Had he had a chance to play for us in the SPFL Premiership or had an English club come in for him we would have expected the fee to be higher.
The insistence on confidentiality clauses regarding the transfer fee did not come from Raith Rovers FC.

I can confirm, however, that we will receive more at the front end than has been quoted by some press outlets, with further significant payments to come if Dylan progresses in his career as we expect.

I am happy to respond to any specific questions emailed to the club, marked for my attention”.

1875Sean
05-09-2021, 02:46 PM
Noticed Raith Rovers put out a statement about the sale of Dylan Tait to us but have since removed it from the website. Managed to keep the tab open so thought I'd share it here -

"Raith Rovers FC majority shareholder and Chairman John Sim has released the following statement regarding the transfer of Dylan Tait to Hibernian FC this week:

In the interests of clarity I have documented the events that led up to Dylan Tait’s transfer to Hibernian.

At 4.30pm (10.30 pm Bangkok time) on transfer deadline day – Tuesday August 31st – I received a call from Dylan’s agent advising me that Hibs were keen to sign Dylan before the deadline and that Dylan and his family were very keen to accept the offer that had been made to him.
Hibs had made a ridiculous offer which we had rejected. It involved no money but players in exchange. I reiterated that it was not our intention to sell at this time as we have no financial need.

Our number one priority is remaining in the Championship and until this has been achieved, we would not be interested in entertaining offers. I also pointed out that currently Brad Spencer is unavailable, and that Ross Matthews has a toe condition that we had not yet fully resolved.

I suggested that there was no way that the Raith Rovers manager would sanction a transfer at this late stage, so I did not think we needed to proceed further. I was then advised that the agent had already spoken to the manager and that the manger would not want an unhappy player. He also stated that the manager would have a backup plan.
I immediately called the manager and we agreed that we were not prepared to let Dylan go until we were confident that we had adequate replacements available. We also agreed to seek a win-win as best as we could, which would honour our commitment to encourage players to play at the highest level while protecting the club.
John McGlynn is a very resourceful manager, and he was indeed already considering the possible options open. We all expected that Dylan would likely be leaving mid 2022 so plans were already in place; Quinn Coulson has been loaned to Cowdenbeath and we have been looking at another loan out to get our younger players experience of competing at senior level.

John also has a plan to utilise Frankie Musonda in midfield, which has been thwarted by Frankie’s delayed return from injury.
An important part of the Football pathway that we are building from the bottom up is the fact that young players can see it working. It is no accident that recently a number have chosen Raith Rovers FC over Dunfermline Athletic. These have included Kieran Bowie, Dylan, and Quinn Coulson. We do not sign them to make up numbers and we will not hold them back when opportunities arise.

Starting in late 2020 we opened discussions with a number of players about extending their contracts. These included Regan Hendry and Dan Armstrong as well as Dylan. Dylan and his agent were willing to work with the club on this. His previous contract ran till June 2022, but he was willing to extend until 2024. This gave both him, but more importantly the club, protection.

Dan and Regan moved on as they were entitled to do without any transfer fee coming to the club. Dylan, had he not extended his contract, could have walked away June 2022 as a free agent and most likely to his significant benefit. However, he saw how we have acted in the past and trusted that we would not block him if a good opportunity presented itself.

The final decision on matters like these lies with the manager. He has a budget and can wheel and deal within that sum. He is responsible for performances on the pitch and maintaining squad morale.

After discussing the clubs options after learning of Hibs interest we went back to Dylan’s agent and explained that unless we could keep Dylan on loan till at least January we would not proceed as we did not have time to find a replacement with both Brad Spencer and Frankie Musonda currently injured.
In all of our transfer negotiations we now expect a significant sell on clause plus various incentives depending on how the player progresses. This was also conveyed to Hibs together with a requirement that the fee be increased.

At this point it looked like the deal would not go through because Hibs wanted Dylan immediately as they said that they saw him competing immediately for a first team place.
The rest of the Board of Raith Rovers FC were informed that something was in the works at 6.54pm on Tuesday the 31st of August. Vice Chairman David Sinton and Operations Manager Rab More agreed to stand by in case the deal progressed.

Negotiations then followed which I was not directly involved in, and we stood firm on our requirement that Dylan stayed with us until after the Dunfermline game on Sunday January 2nd 2022. This required us to trade a little but not significantly.

The deal was done, and papers were lodged with Hampden at 2358hrs with discussions on the loan ongoing until 0045hrs on 1st September.
In summary; I think it is evident to anyone who has visited the Hibs website that Dylan is very happy with his move. We are pleased for him, but it is not a deal that we wanted to do.

We had always planned that he would only be with us in 2024 if he did not progress as we hoped and expected. Had he had a chance to play for us in the SPFL Premiership or had an English club come in for him we would have expected the fee to be higher.
The insistence on confidentiality clauses regarding the transfer fee did not come from Raith Rovers FC.

I can confirm, however, that we will receive more at the front end than has been quoted by some press outlets, with further significant payments to come if Dylan progresses in his career as we expect.

I am happy to respond to any specific questions emailed to the club, marked for my attention”.

I wonder which player they offered? Gullan?

Centre Hawf
05-09-2021, 02:48 PM
I wonder which player they offered? Gullan?

My initial thought was Gullan and maybe Mackie? Both have history there and aren't really in our plans.

JimBHibees
05-09-2021, 02:51 PM

What an incredibly detailed statement that is. Not sure how happy Hibs would be with that. You do have to feel sorry for them having lost Hendry and Armstrong for nothing also.

JimBHibees
05-09-2021, 02:56 PM
My initial thought was Gullan and maybe Mackie? Both have history there and aren't really in our plans.

You would assume Gullan and possibly someone other than Mackie if he is injured.

Centre Hawf
05-09-2021, 03:02 PM
You would assume Gullan and possibly someone other than Mackie if he is injured.

It perhaps could be someone else other than Mackie but it's a difficult one to work out who Hibs would have thought Raith would potentially have wanted as well as who in our current squad would think Raith is a good move for them at this stage of their career. Both fit that bill.

Peevemor
05-09-2021, 03:05 PM
Detailed but very muddled statement.

It's unclear whether Dylan had signed the 2024 contract extension but I get the impression that it wasn't yet done. If this is the case why do they keep going on about it? If my auntie had balls and all that..

Jones28
05-09-2021, 03:37 PM
As detailed as it is, there’s a lot of Anne budge esque waffle in there.

Billy Whizz
05-09-2021, 03:43 PM
As detailed as it is, there’s a lot of Anne budge esque waffle in there.

Wonder what relevance Bangkok time mentioned is?

CropleyWasGod
05-09-2021, 03:47 PM
Wonder what relevance Bangkok time mentioned is?

John Sim is based in Thailand.

Billy Whizz
05-09-2021, 03:51 PM
John Sim is based in Thailand.

Ta, forgot you had a wee allegiance to Raith😀

cabbageandribs1875
05-09-2021, 03:55 PM
Glad you said Daphne as I married Velma! Seriously, that's my wife's name.

Daphne was/is not only hot she was/is hotter than hot, she was/is super hot, she was/is hotter than the sun in countries where the sun is super hot

have i mentioned she was/is hot

velma was alright in the movies as well :greengrin

AltheHibby
05-09-2021, 05:11 PM
Daphne was/is not only hot she was/is hotter than hot, she was/is super hot, she was/is hotter than the sun in countries where the sun is super hot

have i mentioned she was/is hot

velma was alright in the movies as well :greengrin

🤣

Since452
06-09-2021, 05:26 AM
The Rovers chairman needs to stop crying and use the money to upgrade his WiFi package. Not everyone there has the same class as McGlynn it seems.

neil7908
06-09-2021, 06:43 AM
Detailed but very muddled statement.

It's unclear whether Dylan had signed the 2024 contract extension but I get the impression that it wasn't yet done. If this is the case why do they keep going on about it? If my auntie had balls and all that..

Yup. Covering their backside as sounds like Raith are getting a bit of stick from their fans.

MWHIBBIES
06-09-2021, 06:44 AM
The Rovers chairman needs to stop crying and use the money to upgrade his WiFi package. Not everyone there has the same class as McGlynn it seems.

It's a bit of a bitchy statement but nothing too bad. Gives an interesting insight. Folk complain non stop on here about Hibs not communicating, this is the type of thing we'd do and it's all a bit pointless

06-09-2021, 06:53 AM

Think he was trying to do a St Johnstone after their statement explaining why they sold Jason Kerr and Ali McCann went down well with fans.

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/statement-from-chairman-on-the-transfer-window

calumhibee1
06-09-2021, 06:54 AM
Not sure what his issue is with the player deal offered. On the presumption it was Mackie and Gullan then it’s not all that bad an offer for an 18 year old who’s played 30 or so games in the second tier and was out of contract in a year.

If they would rather money then fine. Two youngish players with 50 odd appearances for one of the best teams in the country is far from a ridiculous offer though imo.

Peevemor
06-09-2021, 06:57 AM
It's a bit of a bitchy statement but nothing too bad. Gives an interesting insight. Folk complain non stop on here about Hibs not communicating, this is the type of thing we'd do and it's all a bit pointless

There's also the insinuation that Hibs talked to the player behind Rovers' back, which would be against the rules.

green day
06-09-2021, 07:19 AM
There's also the insinuation that Hibs talked to the player behind Rovers' back, which would be against the rules.

The rules are a bit silly tbh - everyone knows that clubs feel out players via an "informal coffee" with an agent - and lo and behold a deal acceptable to all parties emerges.

And if a deal falls through, the agent briefs the press and we have "Nisbet unhappy at Hibs over Birmingham deal" type stories.

All part of lifes rich tapestry !!

Peevemor
06-09-2021, 07:31 AM
The rules are a bit silly tbh - everyone knows that clubs feel out players via an "informal coffee" with an agent - and lo and behold a deal acceptable to all parties emerges.

And if a deal falls through, the agent briefs the press and we have "Nisbet unhappy at Hibs over Birmingham deal" type stories.

All part of lifes rich tapestry !!

Correct, but we don't like it when it happens to us.

In any case, like the question of whether the player had signed a new contract or not, it's not clear at all in the statement. For me he should either confirm the accusation or say nothing.

Brightside
06-09-2021, 07:55 AM
Correct, but we don't like it when it happens to us.

In any case, like the question of whether the player had signed a new contract or not, it's not clear at all in the statement. For me he should either confirm the accusation or say nothing.

We didn’t talk to the player. We talked to the agent. That’s allowed. Mainly due to the fact that otherwise a lot of players never find out about teams interest.

Peevemor
06-09-2021, 08:00 AM
We didn’t talk to the player. We talked to the agent. That’s allowed. Mainly due to the fact that otherwise a lot of players never find out about teams interest.

We all know that it goes on, but are you certain it's permitted? For me talking to the player or his agent amounts to the same thing.

Brightside
06-09-2021, 08:03 AM
We all know that it goes on, but are you certain it's permitted? For me talking to the player or his agent amounts to the same thing.

You can talk to agents.

Peevemor
06-09-2021, 08:10 AM
You can talk to agents.

Fair enough. Makes the rule pointless though.

Andy74
06-09-2021, 08:14 AM
You can talk to agents.

No you can’t. It might happen but it is not allowed.

Peevemor
06-09-2021, 08:16 AM

That makes more sense to me.

MrSmith
06-09-2021, 08:19 AM
With agencies handling multiple players and agents in and out of clubs re contract talks or player's interests etc. you can clearly see where ambiguity arises.

SMAXXA
06-09-2021, 08:36 AM

Yes it is

JimBHibees
06-09-2021, 08:55 AM

I would have thought that would be tapping and would be surprised if it was allowed as shouldn't be imo.

Andy74
06-09-2021, 08:56 AM
Yes it is

There are rules both at FIFA and then local levels which make it very clear that nobody including representatives or intermediaries can talk to player without informing the club in writing and providing there is less than six months to go in their contract. It is also clear that anyone inducing a player to breach their contract can be sanctioned.

What you might be talking about is getting a sense of their availability or their likely demands from an agent which isn't directly caught but you cannot have formal discussions about a contract without getting the agreement of the club first.

MyJo
06-09-2021, 09:02 AM
I would have thought that would be tapping and would be surprised if it was allowed as shouldn't be imo.

It's not clear in that statement that was released but the guy was getting a call from the agent saying they wanted to get the deal done and McGlynn already knew about it and accepted he couldn't keep an unhappy player at the club. That suggests to me that the bid was put in to the club & manager first and when the decision had been made that this was going ahead, the agent contacted the chairman to say lets get it done and negotiate the terms of the transfer.

SMAXXA
06-09-2021, 09:19 AM
There are rules both at FIFA and then local levels which make it very clear that nobody including representatives or intermediaries can talk to player without informing the club in writing and providing there is less than six months to go in their contract. It is also clear that anyone inducing a player to breach their contract can be sanctioned.

What you might be talking about is getting a sense of their availability or their likely demands from an agent which isn't directly caught but you cannot have formal discussions about a contract without getting the agreement of the club first.

Clubs an engage agents at any point regardless of the length of a players contract. In terms of formally making an approach to a club and player that’s done through the clubs but it’s common for clubs to agree the details with an agent both buying and selling clubs at any point.

Andy74
06-09-2021, 09:24 AM
Clubs an engage agents at any point regardless of the length of a players contract. In terms of formally making an approach to a club and player that’s done through the clubs but it’s common for clubs to agree the details with an agent both buying and selling clubs at any point.

Which is what I’ve said. They can’t formally have any negotiations about a player until they have permission from the club or have advised them in writing within the last 6 months of a contract.

Brightside
06-09-2021, 10:02 AM

You can talk to agents. Thats allowed, and thats what Hibs did in this instance. Its then up to the agent to talk to the player and the club. the agent has a duty to inform the club of the interest.

Brightside
06-09-2021, 10:03 AM

Correct. Source: Agents.

Andy74
06-09-2021, 10:12 AM
Correct. Source: Agents.

It is a bit more specific than being correct that you can talk to agents anytime - hence the regulations at FIFA and individual association level.

The impression given was that you could go and negotiate with an agent as if that was somewhat separate from the player. That just isn't the case.

hibbysam
06-09-2021, 11:48 PM
It is a bit more specific than being correct that you can talk to agents anytime - hence the regulations at FIFA and individual association level.

The impression given was that you could go and negotiate with an agent as if that was somewhat separate from the player. That just isn't the case.

As far as I can see all anyone has said is that you can speak to an agent. That’s the case and happens in nearly every single deal, otherwise clubs would never know if a player is interested or affordable.

Peevemor
07-09-2021, 12:00 AM
As far as I can see all anyone has said is that you can speak to an agent. That’s the case and happens in nearly every single deal, otherwise clubs would never know if a player is interested or affordable.The debate is whether you can only speak to a player's agent if it's within the final 6 months of the player's contract or with permission from the club.

For me that would make sense.

hibbysam
07-09-2021, 12:21 AM
The debate is whether you can only speak to a player's agent if it's within the final 6 months of the player's contract or with permission from the club.

It’s not. Hence why Tait’s agent knew of Hibs’ interest before Raith did.

Brightside
07-09-2021, 06:39 AM
The debate is whether you can only speak to a player's agent if it's within the final 6 months of the player's contract or with permission from the club.

And that’s not correct. You can talk to the agent at any time. He will then kick of discussions with player and club. What can’t happen is the buying club having a negotiation with a player with out the agreement of the selling club.

truehibernian
07-09-2021, 06:47 AM
And that’s not correct. You can talk to the agent at any time. He will then kick of discussions with player and club. What can’t happen is the buying club having a negotiation with a player with out the agreement of the selling club.

That’s incorrect - you can only talk to a player under contract or his representative with permission of his contracted club who you have to approach first. Otherwise it’s a breach of FIFA regulations and tapping up.

Peevemor
07-09-2021, 07:49 AM
https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/football-player-under-contract-approach-clubs/

"Currently, under FIFA and FA transfer rules, if a club wants to procure the services of a player registered with another club, they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his representatives. The player and his representatives will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed a fee."

"Article 22 of the FIFA Players’ Agents Regulations prohibits a player’s agent from approaching any player who is under contract to a club with the aim of persuading him to terminate his contract prematurely or to violate any obligations stipulated in the employment contract. It shall be presumed, unless established to the contrary, that any players’ agent involved in a contractual breach committed by the player without just cause has induced such breach of contract.

Section C1 of the FA rules, meanwhile, prohibits a player who is under contract, or his agent, from talking to other clubs, or being approached by other clubs, without the consent of the player’s current club."

Makes perfect sense to me - speaking to the player or his agent is effectively the same thing.

Andy74
07-09-2021, 07:54 AM

That’s not correct. I’m sure informal discussions take place but you cannot actually negotiate with an agent until you have permission from the club or you’ve provided written notice within the last 6 months.

Brightside
07-09-2021, 08:20 AM
That’s not correct. I’m sure informal discussions take place but you cannot actually negotiate with an agent until you have permission from the club or you’ve provided written notice within the last 6 months.

Again - Im not saying negotiations. Nothing formal happens until the selling team are informed. But Hibs going to the agent and saying can you find out if he's available is 100% allowed. Thats what happens with almost all transfers.

So Hibs go to the Agent and say we like your player and interested in X deal. Agent then will talk to selling team to start discussions. The initial engagement is 90% with the Agent.

Peevemor
07-09-2021, 08:24 AM
Again - Im not saying negotiations. Nothing formal happens until the selling team are informed. But Hibs going to the agent and saying can you find out if he's available is 100% allowed. Thats what happens with almost all transfers.

So Hibs go to the Agent and say we like your player and interested in X deal. Agent then will talk to selling team to start discussions. The initial engagement is 90% with the Agent.

They must have the club's permission - ref. my post above.

CapitalGreen
07-09-2021, 08:26 AM

You’re the only the person who keeps mentioning formal negotiations. Below is the post you started arguing about and on your ongoing crusade to never be proved wrong on the internet have now flipped the discussion to seem like the argument was about the legality of formal transfer approaches and negotiations which it never was.

You can talk to agents.

Brightside
07-09-2021, 08:28 AM
They must have the club's permission - ref. my post above.

ONLY at negotiation stage. Thats all ive said from the start. We havent broken any rules here. Agents spoke to Raith. Then Raith started to negotiate.

Peevemor
07-09-2021, 08:40 AM
ONLY at negotiation stage. Thats all ive said from the start. We havent broken any rules here. Agents spoke to Raith. Then Raith started to negotiate.

That was my original point though. John Sim's statement basically accuses us of tapping the player but also contradicts itself.

"At 4.30pm (10.30 pm Bangkok time) on transfer deadline day – Tuesday August 31st – I received a call from Dylan’s agent advising me that Hibs were keen to sign Dylan before the deadline and that Dylan and his family were very keen to accept the offer that had been made to him.....I reiterated that it was not our intention to sell at this time as we have no financial need....I suggested that there was no way that the Raith Rovers manager would sanction a transfer at this late stage, so I did not think we needed to proceed further. I was then advised that the agent had already spoken to the manager and that the manger would not want an unhappy player....After discussing the clubs options after learning of Hibs interest we went back to Dylan’s agent and explained that unless we could keep Dylan on loan till at least January we would not proceed as we did not have time to find a replacement..."

Clear as mud.

Andy74
07-09-2021, 09:10 AM

That would depend though, which is why your ‘you can talk to agents’ line needs to be massively qualified to be right.

If we had spoken to the agent before we were given permission that would have been against the rules. It was also said in the context that suggested agents didn’t count as the same as talking to the player. It is the same.

Brightside
07-09-2021, 09:30 AM
That would depend though, which is why your ‘you can talk to agents’ line needs to be massively qualified to be right.

If we had spoken to the agent before we were given permission that would have been against the rules. It was also said in the context that suggested agents didn’t count as the same as talking to the player. It is the same.

We spoke to the agent before permission. We did that because it is 100% allowed. You are arguing minor points for no reason. :greengrin

Peevemor
07-09-2021, 09:32 AM
We spoke to the agent before permission. We did that because it is 100% allowed. You are arguing minor points for no reason. :greengrin

I think it may be tolerated but it's 100% against the rules that I quoted above.

Brightside
07-09-2021, 09:36 AM
I think it may be tolerated but it's 100% against the rules that I quoted above.

Its not against the rules. Player negotiations are not allowed. Contact is allowed.

Peevemor
07-09-2021, 09:41 AM
Its not against the rules. Player negotiations are not allowed. Contact is allowed.

What's the point in contact if they're not permitted to discuss a potential move?

Again -

"Article 22 of the FIFA Players’ Agents Regulations prohibits a player’s agent from approaching any player who is under contract to a club with the aim of persuading him to terminate his contract prematurely"

(I'm not being stubborn - I'm genuinely trying to understand the mechanism with strict regard to the rules)

jgl07
07-09-2021, 09:43 AM
It happens all the time regardless of the rules. The purchasing club’s agent speaks to the agent of the player. That will inevitably come to the attention of the player concerned.

In Scotland, Rangers and Celtic use tame journalists on the Record or the Sun to ‘report interest’.

Nobody is telling me that Hibs gave permission for Rangers to speak to Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson. It was all done in the press to unsettle the players. It was likely started by Willie McKay, Agent to Briwn and Thomson, in the first place.

LeithMike
07-09-2021, 09:51 AM
https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/football-player-under-contract-approach-clubs/

"Currently, under FIFA and FA transfer rules, if a club wants to procure the services of a player registered with another club, they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his representatives. The player and his representatives will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed a fee."

"Article 22 of the FIFA Players’ Agents Regulations prohibits a player’s agent from approaching any player who is under contract to a club with the aim of persuading him to terminate his contract prematurely or to violate any obligations stipulated in the employment contract. It shall be presumed, unless established to the contrary, that any players’ agent involved in a contractual breach committed by the player without just cause has induced such breach of contract.

Section C1 of the FA rules, meanwhile, prohibits a player who is under contract, or his agent, from talking to other clubs, or being approached by other clubs, without the consent of the player’s current club."

Makes perfect sense to me - speaking to the player or his agent is effectively the same thing.That's pretty unequivocal so not sure why some are arguing against this. While we all know that what happens in practice might not follow the rules, the rules are still the rules and it looks clear you need permission to speak to a player or his agent regarding a potential move.

I guess its always difficult to prove a breach and difficult for a selling club to seek a sanction without upsetting the player.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Caversham Green
07-09-2021, 10:20 AM
That was my original point though. John Sim's statement basically accuses us of tapping the player but also contradicts itself.

"At 4.30pm (10.30 pm Bangkok time) on transfer deadline day – Tuesday August 31st – I received a call from Dylan’s agent advising me that Hibs were keen to sign Dylan before the deadline and that Dylan and his family were very keen to accept the offer that had been made to him.....I reiterated that it was not our intention to sell at this time as we have no financial need....I suggested that there was no way that the Raith Rovers manager would sanction a transfer at this late stage, so I did not think we needed to proceed further. I was then advised that the agent had already spoken to the manager and that the manger would not want an unhappy player....After discussing the clubs options after learning of Hibs interest we went back to Dylan’s agent and explained that unless we could keep Dylan on loan till at least January we would not proceed as we did not have time to find a replacement..."

Clear as mud.

Maybe this is why the statement was removed from their website.

Andy74
07-09-2021, 10:28 AM

That depends on the nature of the contact.

CapitalGreen
07-09-2021, 10:36 AM
That depends on the nature of the contact.

Brilliant, 26 hours later and you finally agree that clubs can in fact speak to agents (depending on the nature of the contact).

I hope everyone else found that journey as thrilling as I did.

oramhibee
07-09-2021, 10:49 AM

Mackie made one first team appearance for Raith before signing for Hibs. Funnily enough his Hibs debut was against Raith Rovers

Andy74
07-09-2021, 11:22 AM
Brilliant, 26 hours later and you finally agree that clubs can in fact speak to agents (depending on the nature of the contact).

I hope everyone else found that journey as thrilling as I did.

Not really, the impression given by the initial comment on this was wrong and since then it has been established that really in just about every circumstance you can’t talk to an agent and pretend it isn’t the same as talking to a player.

at last 61
07-09-2021, 11:37 AM
Who friggin cares tait is ours end off