PDA

View Full Version : Transfers

dastardly8
30-08-2021, 07:39 PM
Is it just me or do we take too much time to conclude transfers compared to other teams ?

Iain G
30-08-2021, 07:42 PM
Is it just me or do we take too much time to conclude transfers compared to other teams ?

It's just you.

Next! 🤣

O'Rourke3
30-08-2021, 07:44 PM
Guessing it's just you. There will be few general transfers that have one bid accepted and the terms acceptable to the player etc. Even getting an out of contract playet will be interfered with by agents.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Smartie
30-08-2021, 07:47 PM

In general terms, fact that our team is good, we have good players and the quality of our recruitment has been good in recent years would suggest that we’re doing fine and not taking too long.

I get a bit frustrated when certain situations drag on but I’m definitely glass half full right now.

Our summer windows can be a bit more hit and miss but if we’ve had issues then we tend to fix them in January.

This has been a slower window across the board, and we might have seen more urgent activity if we’d lost a player earlier in the window and had a hole in the team to fill and a few quid to fill it with.

I think we need a deeper squad, and I think we need to have more for Europe next year, should we qualify.

But I like our team and squad, especially if we get a few players back from injury.

keep the faith
30-08-2021, 08:02 PM
It's all good. If you ever get frustrated, just remember Matt Done day!
Thank goodness these days are gone.

MWHIBBIES
31-08-2021, 09:35 AM

Do you keep up with any other teams transfers start to finish?

hibbyfraelibby
31-08-2021, 12:37 PM
We don't do our business in public eye, we do due dilligence quietly and we apparently have a reputation for dropping prospects when agents start playing silly beggars. The 'tache doctrine continues.