PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

Pages : [1] 2 3

gbhibby
28-08-2021, 08:34 PM
Michael Stewart talking us up. Boyler was accused of diving and analysed to the extreme last season. GMS goes down easy and no criticism. We will need to Watch GMS in the derby in case he trips over the long grass at Tinycastle.

28-08-2021, 09:47 PM
Michael Stewart talking us up. Boyler was accused of diving and analysed to the extreme last season. GMS goes down easy and no criticism. We will need to Watch GMS in the derby in case he trips over the long grass at Tinycastle.

Was a very soft penalty for them and not for the 1st time recently. He goes does very easily all the time and yet Boyle is the one branded a diver.

Franck Stanton
28-08-2021, 10:53 PM
Was a very soft penalty for them and not for the 1st time recently. He goes does very easily all the time and yet Boyle is the one branded a diver.

Blame John Hughes,he was first to brand Boyler a " diver"

Stantons Angel
28-08-2021, 11:11 PM
he has always been a diver, hes forever throwing himself down in the box. i detest the cheat!

vahibbie
28-08-2021, 11:28 PM
he has always been a diver, hes forever throwing himself down in the box. i detest the cheat!

I find it really annoying that Martin cannot keep upright when some big huddle clatters into him. Obviously he’s a diving wee prick, but thankfully he’s ours😀

oldbutdim
28-08-2021, 11:38 PM

I assume you mean GMS and not squirrel?

oldbutdim
28-08-2021, 11:39 PM
I find it really annoying that Martin cannot keep upright when some big huddle clatters into him. Obviously he’s a diving wee prick, but thankfully he’s ours😀

Sad post.

IncredibleHibee
28-08-2021, 11:56 PM
Boyle did dive a few times last season. I remember one in particular that was blatant. Other players do it too (which doesn’t make it right). I wouldn’t say GMS is any worse or better than most others, including Boyle

28-08-2021, 11:59 PM
Boyle did dive a few times last season. I remember one in particular that was blatant. Other players do it too (which doesn’t make it right). I wouldn’t say GMS is any worse or better than most others, including Boyle

I would say GMS is about the worst in the league at it and we'll witness it in a couple of weeks time.

The Baldmans Comb
29-08-2021, 12:03 AM
Boyler downright cheats on occasion and that is just an unavoidable fact.🤔

Its definetly not an integral part of his game though as his natural reaction is to beat his man but he is very clever in his movement and his reaction to any sort of touch.

Thats football and thats his job and good luck to him.✅

Block
29-08-2021, 12:04 AM

We're not talking about last season or the season before that.

THIS SEASON, Gary Mackay Steven is diving like a professional top board diver conning 'pro hearts refs' into awarding them very soft penalties. He's not being called out for it on Sportscene as others would.

That's the point Incredible?

Block
29-08-2021, 12:09 AM
Boyler downright cheats on occasion and that is just an unavoidable fact.��

Its definetly not an integral part of his game though as his natural reaction is to best his man but he is very clever in his movement and his reaction to any sort of touch.

Thats football and thats his job and good luck to him.✅

Odd post.

We were calling out Gary Mackay Steven for his obvious diving in front of 'pro hearts refs'.

Squirrel is 100 times better than Gary Mackay Steven and is constantly fouled and hacked down.

The Baldmans Comb
29-08-2021, 12:21 AM
Odd post.

We were calling out Gary Mackay Steven for his obvious diving in front of 'pro hearts refs'.

Squirrel is 100 times better than Gary Mackay Steven and is constantly fouled and hacked down.

There is nothing remotely "odd" about acknowledging that Squirrel can on occasion cheat.

Its not endemic and its not his obvious game as he has to much natural talent but he plays the odds and knows exactly when to press the right button.

That's how modern football operates.

LaMotta
29-08-2021, 12:27 AM

Gms is a diving prancing plumpkin. But it was a clear pen for them today.

Block
29-08-2021, 12:32 AM
There is nothing remotely "odd" about acknowledging that Squirrel can on occasion cheat.

Its not endemic and its not his obvious game as he has to much natural talent but he plays the odds and knows exactly when to press the right button.

That's how modern football operates.

Is it really?

Not seen Squirrel dive once this season compared to Jambo GMS conning 'pro ref jambos' twice already.

Give it a rest Baldman. Obvious.

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2021, 06:38 AM
The name squirrel was given to him by Cummings to slag off his front teeth. He once said in an interview that he hates it, yet we still have fans calling him that as some sort of cool nickname.

BILLYHIBS
29-08-2021, 06:48 AM
The name squirrel was given to him by Cummings to slag off his front teeth. He once said in an interview that he hates it, yet we still have fans calling him that as some sort of cool nickname.
His name is not ‘Squirrel’ it is Martin

Mrs Squirrel

Davy Mac
29-08-2021, 06:57 AM
I did find it a bit strange there was no over analysis about the Hertz penalty but Sportscene consistently over analyse Hibs penalties, even Murphy's last week which was far more a penalty than GMS's yesterday.

Also, the love in for Craig Gordon is equally nauseating.

Borderhibbie76
29-08-2021, 06:59 AM
I did find it a bit strange there was no over analysis about the Hertz penalty but Sportscene consistently over analyse Hibs penalties, even Murphy's last week which was far more a penalty than GMS's yesterday.

That gave me the boak too - not one of his saves was even remotely world class and most were straight at him. The mulgrew free kick he saw all the way and I'd expect most keeper to make that save, they really do big him up

CentreLine
29-08-2021, 07:19 AM
That gave me the boak too - not one of his saves was even remotely world class and most were straight at him. The mulgrew free kick he saw all the way and I'd expect most keeper to make that save, they really do big him up

Don’t want to rain on your parade but Craig Gordon is an outstanding keeper and probably the best in Scotland right now, close run thing with the dafty at the The Rangers maybe.
In any case, he’s there to be beaten like any other.

RyeSloan
29-08-2021, 07:36 AM

Urmm there was multiple shots of the penalty..slowed down, blown up the lot.

Conclusion: No deliberate contact and he appeared to trip himself.

Yeah it stopped short of calling GMS a diver but you can’t say the situation wasn’t analysed to death.

And as for the Craig Gordon love in..I agree it’s nauseating for a Hibs fan but on the flip side you also can’t argue that he’s a quality keeper that pulls off some cracking stops (even if their praise was somewhat overly effusive this time around).

Davy Mac
29-08-2021, 07:44 AM
Urmm there was multiple shots of the penalty..slowed down, blown up the lot.

Conclusion: No deliberate contact and he appeared to trip himself.

Yeah it stopped short of calling GMS a diver but you can’t say the situation wasn’t analysed to death.

And as for the Craig Gordon love in..I agree it’s nauseating for a Hibs fan but on the flip side you also can’t argue that he’s a quality keeper that pulls off some cracking stops (even if their praise was somewhat overly effusive this time around).

Sorry, it was probably more to do with the fact that they didn't over analyse GMS whereas the seem to be particularly over critical of Boyle.

Crunchie
29-08-2021, 07:55 AM
He often seems to be on our side and is usually fair in his assessment.

On another note the presenters ask the most ridiculous questions, she asked about our first goal ' was it all about strength '. I would love to know how much money she's paid to come out with that guff.

Borderhibbie76
29-08-2021, 08:11 AM
Don’t want to rain on your parade but Craig Gordon is an outstanding keeper and probably the best in Scotland right now, close run thing with the dafty at the The Rangers maybe.
In any case, he’s there to be beaten like any other.

Sadly I agree but there was deffo a "talking up" of a few of his routine saves yesterday - tbh none any better than Macey's from Charlie Adam last week.
I do agree tho...that Jambo p#### is a great keeper unfortunately

Iain G
29-08-2021, 08:33 AM
How does Jane Lewis still have a job? She is awful, fumbling her words and so robotic

Juniper Greens
29-08-2021, 08:45 AM
A manager called out Boyle for diving. That gave sportscene the platform to analyse him. If GMS dives against us, we would need JR to say it in his interview, then it'll get covered.
Personally, I hope JR doesn't need to say anything as they don't get near our box

hibby rae
29-08-2021, 08:58 AM
He often seems to be on our side and is usually fair in his assessment.

On another note the presenters ask the most ridiculous questions, she asked about our first goal ' was it all about strength '. I would love to know how much money she's paid to come out with that guff.

Seems like a reasonable question? Was Nisbet's strength the key factor in him overcoming the defender?

It's just a way to segway into handing the reins over to McFadden to analyse the goal from the perspective of an ex-pro.

Crunchie
29-08-2021, 09:01 AM
Seems like a reasonable question? Was Nisbet's strength the key factor in him overcoming the defender?

It's just a way to segway into handing the reins over to McFadden to analyse the goal from the perspective of an ex-pro.
It might have been had the goal anything to do with his strength, it's not just her but all the presenters ask the most ridiculous questions and get paid for it.

RyeSloan
29-08-2021, 09:06 AM
It might have been had the goal anything to do with his strength, it's not just her but all the presenters ask the most ridiculous questions and get paid for it.

Well the first part of the goal was all about strength…no doubt he out muscled the defender to get in front of him and make sure that he got the ball.

The next part was wall balance n skill but anyway it was a peach of a goal regardless!

Crunchie
29-08-2021, 09:21 AM
Well the first part of the goal was all about strength…no doubt he out muscled the defender to get in front of him and make sure that he got the ball.

The next part was wall balance n skill but anyway it was a peach of a goal regardless!
His pace and skill got him by the defender, very little in the way of strength imo. Agreed though a peach of a goal and hopefully many more to come.

29-08-2021, 09:24 AM
A manager called out Boyle for diving. That gave sportscene the platform to analyse him. If GMS dives against us, we would need JR to say it in his interview, then it'll get covered.
Personally, I hope JR doesn't need to say anything as they don't get near our box

It was John Hughes and the pundits picked up on it and so did referees who now don't give him the protection he should have by letting off players who flatten him, by not giving deserved yellow cards. Hughes admitted a couple if days ago that he tells his own players do go down if they get the chance.

Boyle is no worse than GMS, Jamie Walker, Edouard, Morelos etc.

hibsbollah
29-08-2021, 09:57 AM

It was a very stupid question. Skill touch and speed were the main factors in the goal so asking was ‘it just about strength’ was just weird. Her main crime was to use the ‘he does not have his problems to seek’ line. Just hate it when people say that :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
29-08-2021, 10:05 AM
How does Jane Lewis still have a job? She is awful, fumbling her words and so robotic

Normal people ask "would you like tea or coffee?"

Jane lewis asks "would you like tea or coffee? I mean, you had tea last time, so maybe you want that, but it's kinda chilly today and i see you're wearing brown shoes, so perhaps it's coffee today, although i guess, knowing you, maybe you'll just wait and see, so should i just make tea?"

hibsbollah
29-08-2021, 10:09 AM

Jane lewis asks "would you like tea or coffee? I mean, you had tea last time, so maybe you want that, but it's kinda chilly today and i see you're wearing brown shoes, so perhaps it's coffee today, although i guess, knowing you, maybe you'll just wait and see, so should i just make tea?"

‘He has no caffeine troubles to seek’.

CMurdoch
29-08-2021, 10:14 AM

:greengrin thats good. Worryingly I have begun to babble a bit like that in my 60's,

hibby rae
29-08-2021, 10:15 AM
It was a very stupid question. Skill touch and speed were the main factors in the goal so asking was ‘it just about strength’ was just weird. Her main crime was to use the ‘he does not have his problems to seek’ line. Just hate it when people say that :greengrin

C'mon not a very stupid question at all. Nisbet was stronger than his man so that played a factor. But if it didn't then McFadden could just say 'actually no, it was more about skill and speed in my opinion.' And the question allows him to go into greater detail.

JohnM1875
29-08-2021, 10:17 AM
Unbelievable to focus on Boyle considering the amount of diving and cheating Livi did yesterday. Was embarrassing. Boyle had great game as he usually does.

hibby rae
29-08-2021, 10:21 AM
His pace and skill got him by the defender, very little in the way of strength imo. Agreed though a peach of a goal and hopefully many more to come.

Pace takes him past the defender in the initial run when the ball is coming over, but they are tussling, and if the defender is stronger he shields him.

So he needs to utilise strength to get into the position where he can attack the goal with the ball at his feet.

CMurdoch
29-08-2021, 10:23 AM
Odd post.

Only 4 words are true in that post "Squirrel is constantly fouled"

JimboHibs
29-08-2021, 06:41 PM
Who's the commentator on the Aberdeen v R County ? He's **** humpty

Onion
29-08-2021, 07:16 PM
Did top of the table Hibs play this weekend ?

Since452
29-08-2021, 07:22 PM
Apparently Aberdeen had a bigger crowd than Hibs. Got to be a first.

bigwheel
29-08-2021, 07:31 PM

It is weird though how our crowds are poor to return yet Hearts and Aberdeen seem to be thriving

Ps. They had bigger crowds than us for quite a period since the 80s

Glory Lurker
29-08-2021, 07:39 PM
Just watched it the now. The win put us joint top of the league? Huge relief to Hearts that they were actually joint winners in 1965 and 1986.

Since452
29-08-2021, 07:40 PM
It is weird though how our crowds are poor to return yet Hearts and Aberdeen seem to be thriving

They must have had a large amount of walk ups. They'd sold 8.6k season tickets as of 13th August.

SMAXXA
29-08-2021, 07:41 PM
Am I being petty but did the refer to hearts as top of the league and us joint top 🤦*♂️😂

JoeT_WasTheBest
29-08-2021, 08:32 PM

Radio Scotland today also said they’d given out a lot of free tickets to the emergency services and schools.

CentreLine
29-08-2021, 08:34 PM
Just watched it the now. The win put us joint top of the league? Huge relief to Hearts that they were actually joint winners in 1965 and 1986.

They’re hurting and it’s funny 😁

Radium
29-08-2021, 08:40 PM

Goal average and Goal difference have the same team in second place…

… 4 games in but as someone once said it’s a good laugh isn’t it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
29-08-2021, 09:05 PM
:greengrin thats good. Worryingly I have begun to babble a bit like that in my 60's,

Yes definitely a 60s thing. I turn 65 on September and quite a haver.

Mr. Wonderful
29-08-2021, 09:23 PM
They must have had a large amount of walk ups. They'd sold 8.6k season tickets as of 13th August.

They're riding the new manager buzz and Hearts are enjoying the promotion buzz.

We're doing well to still get 13k, given the negativity our fans continually spewed out all summer after the cup final. I feel the Derby is going to be crucial for us. If we can win, we'll see attendances increase big time.

madhatter
29-08-2021, 09:32 PM
They're riding the new manager buzz and Hearts are enjoying the promotion buzz.

We're doing well to still get 13k, given the negativity our fans continually spewed out all summer after the cup final. I feel the Derby is going to be crucial for us. If we can win, we'll see attendances increase big time.

Covid may be a concern as well. I've still not attended.

Maybe our fans are more aware of our social responsibility?

SaulGoodman
29-08-2021, 09:38 PM
My wife is pregnant and not vaccinated so don’t think I’ll be back any time in the near future. Not worth the risk

That’s why we had lower attendances. All Hibs fans are ****gers confirmed.

Nicho87
29-08-2021, 09:39 PM
That’s why we had lower attendances. All Hibs fans are ****gers confirmed.

Hahaha

Put that in wrong thread

But yeah, confirmed

superfurryhibby
29-08-2021, 09:49 PM
Covid may be a concern as well. I've still not attended.

Maybe our fans are more aware of our social responsibility?

What social responsibility?

gbhibby
29-08-2021, 09:49 PM
😂😂😂😂How come the open top bus never left the depot? Goal difference, goal average they know how to Jambottle it.

madhatter
29-08-2021, 09:52 PM
What social responsibility?

Not going to football if you potentially have Covid.

I wager that wasn't thought of by all 50k at Ibrox.

superfurryhibby
29-08-2021, 09:58 PM
Not going to football if you potentially have Covid.

I wager that wasn't thought of by all 50k at Ibrox.

Right.....

There’s me thinking we are all allowed to attend sporting events, whether the crowd was 13.5 k or 50. Selfish Hun bassas.

Coco Bryce
29-08-2021, 10:14 PM
Did anybody show their disgust at the Rangers fans belting out the Billy Boys ditty and up to their knees in certain blood during the game today?

Nah didn't think so. For some reason anti Catholic racism is acceptable in Scotland it seems.

madhatter
29-08-2021, 10:33 PM
Right.....

There’s me thinking we are all allowed to attend sporting events, whether the crowd was 13.5 k or 50. Selfish Hun bassas.

Marching through town signing racist songs during Covid. Right...

There's me thinking that racists are immune to Covid.

Block
29-08-2021, 10:41 PM
Who actually watches or listens to the BBC these days? Its become a parody that we have to pay a license fee for the privilege when its become so irrelevant to so many.

superfurryhibby
29-08-2021, 10:46 PM
Marching through town signing racist songs during Covid. Right...

There's me thinking that racists are immune to Covid.

Aye, shock horror right enough. Covid -all new super anti sectarian strain is needed.

madhatter
29-08-2021, 10:51 PM
Aye, shock horror right enough. Covid -all new super anti sectarian strain is needed.

You're looking for a fight and I'm not sure why...

Have a good night.

King Cosell
29-08-2021, 10:58 PM

Adult tickets £18 and £20.

Block
29-08-2021, 11:06 PM
You're looking for a fight and I'm not sure why...

Have a good night.

Not the first time you've been involved in 'fights' on here?

madhatter
29-08-2021, 11:14 PM

Point of this post?

JohnM1875
29-08-2021, 11:18 PM
Adult tickets £18 and £20.

Hold on. Turns out pricing does make a difference? Been told that's not the case on here.

13 and a bit thousand for the first full capacity game in 18 months was shocking.

CMurdoch
29-08-2021, 11:48 PM
Hold on. Turns out pricing does make a difference? Been told that's not the case on here.

13 and a bit thousand for the first full capacity game in 18 months was shocking.

1,000 extra folk at the Aberdeen game but 500 tickets were given free to NHS workers and 500 free tickets were available to Junior AberDNA members. Ticket prices were also cheaper so essentially less paying customers paying less money at their game.
Other than all that you have a good point :wink: ....?......oops, no you don't.

SaulGoodman
29-08-2021, 11:53 PM

Why’s everyone ganging up on madhatter?

mjhibby
30-08-2021, 12:22 AM
It was John Hughes and the pundits picked up on it and so did referees who now don't give him the protection he should have by letting off players who flatten him, by not giving deserved yellow cards. Hughes admitted a couple if days ago that he tells his own players do go down if they get the chance.

Boyle is no worse than GMS, Jamie Walker, Edouard, Morelos etc.

Watched it again and one it was no way a penalty and both pundits said so and Stewart said it was a good dive. Hughes calling out of Boyle was disgraceful as he wouldn't have called out an infirm player. Tiresome managers calling out players when they know damn well they have similar players in their team. Also the treatment Boyle gets is way worse than most and will no doubt crank up a notch due to his blistering form. Certainly not yogis finest hour.

JohnM1875
30-08-2021, 12:45 AM
1,000 extra folk at the Aberdeen game but 500 tickets were given free to NHS workers and 500 free tickets were available to Junior AberDNA members. Ticket prices were also cheaper so essentially less paying customers paying less money at their game.
Other than all that you have a good point :wink: ....?......oops, no you don't.

Just over 13k attendance being poor was a good point surely? Genuinely thought there would have been more there even with the pricing.

CMurdoch
30-08-2021, 01:10 AM
Just over 13k attendance being poor was a good point surely? Genuinely thought there would have been more there even with the pricing.

Hard to know what to expect unaccustomed as we are to pandemics.
Certainly a lot of pre pandemic supporters missing on Saturday.
I think if walk ups could have just walked up we might have seen 14,000.
Hope the club can push to attract more folk to our next home game.
I suppose the right result in the Hearts match might help with that.
Also folk back from holiday as well as students back in Edinburgh.

Note at the equivalent game on 24th August 2019 saw 15,315 attend v St Johnstone
So probably down 1,500 Hibs fans from 2 seasons ago given there were very few Livingston fans at Saturdays game so not so bad.

Crunchie
30-08-2021, 06:44 AM

Note at the equivalent game on 24th August 2019 saw 15,315 attend v St Johnstone
So probably down 1,500 Hibs fans from 2 seasons ago given there were very few Livingston fans at Saturdays game so not so bad.
I suspect we have lost a few of the older generation to COVID deaths/issues.

Peevemor
30-08-2021, 07:43 AM

So probably down 1,500 Hibs fans from 2 seasons ago given there were very few Livingston fans at Saturdays game so not so bad.I think all the changes at Aberdeen & the fact that Hearts are just back in the top league increases the sense of anticipation among their supporters.

Hibs aren't making wholesale changes & a repeat of last season's finishes would genuinely be good but obviously catches the imagination less.

Extending Boyle's contract is probably better football wise than signing Scott Brown, but which one (probably) added to the gate?

It'll be interesting see how attendances look as we get further into the season.

Allant1981
30-08-2021, 08:05 AM
Who actually watches or listens to the BBC these days? Its become a parody that we have to pay a license fee for the privilege when its become so irrelevant to so many.

Probably millions of people

H18 SFR
12-09-2021, 03:08 PM
Does anyone know why Brian McLauclin repeatedly asked Jacks Ross about some players refusing to get jabbed? I counted 4 questions, two of which were essentially the same question asked again.

After a game like that I’d have thought he would have been spoilt for choice with questions about the match?

JimBHibees
12-09-2021, 03:14 PM
Does anyone know why Brian McLauclin repeatedly asked Jacks Ross about some players refusing to get jabbed? I counted 4 questions, two of which were essentially the same question asked again.

After a game like that I’d have thought he would have been spoilt for choice with questions about the match?

Didn't hear that but did hear his sycophantic chat with Robbo and Gordon absolutely cringeworthy. Was akin to Jim White and Laudrup why are you so good.

H18 SFR
12-09-2021, 03:26 PM
Didn't hear that but did hear his sycophantic chat with Robbo and Gordon absolutely cringeworthy. Was akin to Jim White and Laudrup why are you so good.

I felt he really caught Jack Ross off guard a bit, he ended up a little tongue tied.

Not sure if Neilson was tipped the wink after because he instantly shut it down and asked if he wanted to discuss 5-3-2 or 4-4-2.

12-09-2021, 08:48 PM

That pr*ck McLaughlin is always trying to catch JR out. Funny how he doesn't with any Jambos he interviews.

truehibernian
12-09-2021, 09:00 PM

Had to stop listening post-match after they had me believing we'd clung on to a 0-0 draw against the Scottish version of Man City in front of a crowd and atmosphere more raucous than Boca Juniors or Olympiacos.

Paul1642
12-09-2021, 09:19 PM
Celtic manager was asked the same thing after their game. Just a topic if choice I guess. Not directed only at us.

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2021, 07:38 AM
Kevin Van Veen can’t help but be impressed with this guy

Fantastic against us

One goal one assist on Saturday

Runs himself ragged chasing down defenders and constantly being a pain in the bum and a tower of strength in defence

Reminds me of what we are missing without Doidge

Worth keeping an eye on

bigwheel
13-09-2021, 07:43 AM
Kevin Van Veen can’t help but be impressed with this guy

Fantastic against us

One goal one assist on Saturday

Runs himself ragged chasing down defenders and constantly being a pain in the bum and a tower of strength in defence

Reminds me of what we are missing without Doidge

Worth keeping an eye on

He seems to be hot or cold though ..outstanding V us and goal at the weekend ..has been poor and subsequently dropped in a couple of games in between..

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2021, 07:50 AM
He seems to be hot or cold though ..outstanding V us and goal at the weekend ..has been poor and subsequently dropped in a couple of games in between..
As I said worth keeping an eye on :greengrin

Not In The Know
13-09-2021, 09:18 AM

Because he’s a jumbo walloper. Couldn't bring himself to be positive about Hibs contribution to the match so tried to catch JR out for a potentially negative quote.

JimBHibees
13-09-2021, 09:24 AM
Celtic manager was asked the same thing after their game. Just a topic if choice I guess. Not directed only at us.

Did he ask Robbie the same question?

JimBHibees
13-09-2021, 09:25 AM
Had to stop listening post-match after they had me believing we'd clung on to a 0-0 draw against the Scottish version of Man City in front of a crowd and atmosphere more raucous than Boca Juniors or Olympiacos.

Yep cringeworthy sportsound at its yam loving best.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-09-2021, 11:20 AM
Not sure I heard the SKY MOTM name mentioned once during the BBC highlights, very strange choice.

Since452
13-09-2021, 12:00 PM
I'd be worried if i was an Aberdeen fan. Look like a team going nowhere fast.

JohnM1875
13-09-2021, 12:12 PM
Not sure I heard the SKY MOTM name mentioned once during the BBC highlights, very strange choice.

Thought he was good first half but barely noticed him second half. Think either keeper would have been a better choice for man of the match.

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2021, 12:36 PM
Interesting fact

Big Marv never lost a Derby

Love it 💚

Diclonius
13-09-2021, 12:38 PM
Interesting fact

Big Marv never lost a Derby

Love it 💚

Technically that isn't true. He was subbed just before they scored the winner in the cup game.

Fontaine on the other hand never lost a derby.

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2021, 12:43 PM
Technically that isn't true. He was subbed just before they scored the winner in the cup game.

Fontaine on the other hand never lost a derby.
Didn’t bother tae check for once

Shudda known better :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-09-2021, 12:48 PM
Thought he was good first half but barely noticed him second half. Think either keeper would have been a better choice for man of the match.

Would've been Gordon for me.

GRA
13-09-2021, 01:39 PM
Yep cringeworthy sportsound at its yam loving best.

Listening to the post game podcast. Cringeworthy indeed. Proper Jambo/Craig Gordon love in. You'd think they were running away with the league and never conceded a goal the way they were slavering on!

Conveniently only mentioning on the fringes that Hibs ALSO played well, had some good chances and Macey was equally as good as Gordon.

wookie70
13-09-2021, 01:43 PM
Listening to the post game podcast. Cringeworthy indeed. Proper Jambo/Craig Gordon love in. You'd think they were running away with the league and never conceded a goal the way they were slavering on!

Conveniently only mentioning on the fringes that Hibs ALSO played well, had some good chances and Macey was equally as good as Gordon.

I think Macey made the two best saves in the game. The ones from GMS and Hanlon were better than any Of Gordons but both Keepers were very good. Gordon has been a pundit on Sportscene so they wax lyrical about every save e makes, he is a very good keeper thouh

GRA
13-09-2021, 01:47 PM
I think Macey made the two best saves in the game. The ones from GMS and Hanlon were better than any Of Gordons but both Keepers were very good. Gordon has been a pundit on Sportscene so they wax lyrical about every save e makes, he is a very good keeper thouh

Not doubting Gordon is a great keeper, will save them many points during the season, but the love in every time a decent save is made is just overbearing.

hibbysam
13-09-2021, 01:59 PM

I think his save from Boyle that was given as a goal kick isn’t getting the time it deserves, an outstanding save that gets better every time I see it. They’re going on more about Magennis one which was easier due to Magennis not catching it as well.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-09-2021, 02:13 PM
I think his save from Boyle that was given as a goal kick isn’t getting the time it deserves, an outstanding save that gets better every time I see it. They’re going on more about Magennis one which was easier due to Magennis not catching it as well.

I agree.

matty_f
13-09-2021, 02:49 PM
Macey’s save from GMS was the best moment in the match, it was superb.

EdinMike
13-09-2021, 03:36 PM

Was about to reply with the same, probably went unnoticed because it was given as a goal kick but was a fantastic slight tip round the post.

wookie70
13-09-2021, 03:44 PM
Was about to reply with the same, probably went unnoticed because it was given as a goal kick but was a fantastic slight tip round the post. I had that save as about the same as Macey from Hanlon. Macey saving from a driven well hit shot from close range from GMS was the best save by a margin for me. I thought Maceys one that he tipped round the post was a really good save too. Not brilliantly struck but right in the corner and bouncing and spinning. If he had palmed that out in front of him then Boyce had a tap in.

lord bunberry
13-09-2021, 03:57 PM
I had that save as about the same as Macey from Hanlon. Macey saving from a driven well hit shot from close range from GMS was the best save by a margin for me. I thought Maceys one that he tipped round the post was a really good save too. Not brilliantly struck but right in the corner and bouncing and spinning. If he had palmed that out in front of him then Boyce had a tap in.
Was the save from Hanlon not going over the bar anyway?

superfurryhibby
13-09-2021, 03:58 PM

It was heading into the net.

BILLYHIBS
13-09-2021, 04:01 PM
Marv had it as his save of the match

JohnM1875
13-09-2021, 04:32 PM
Would've been Gordon for me.

Same if I was forced to pick. Think we created the better chances and annoyingly he saved each one. Said a while ago I think he's the best keeper in the league. Stand by that.

CentreLine
13-09-2021, 04:39 PM
Same if I was forced to pick. Think we created the better chances and annoyingly he saved each one. Said a while ago I think he's the best keeper in the league. Stand by that.

Definitely. No idea why Celtic let him go but an excellent pickup by our neighbours.
Just as well we too have a good keeper

superfurryhibby
13-09-2021, 08:07 PM

It was heading into the net.

hibbysam
13-09-2021, 11:16 PM

It would have been close. Every angle other than the close up one id say shows it going over the bar, but the last one they’ve been showing close up shows the ball dipping rapidly. Great save nonetheless!

14-09-2021, 11:11 AM

It was going to hit the bar and would have then gone in off the back of Macey's head and we'd have had 20 pages of debate over whose fault it was. 🤭

IWasThere2016
14-09-2021, 11:57 AM
Macey’s save from GMS was the best moment in the match, it was superb.

This

BILLYHIBS
19-09-2021, 12:07 AM
Shelley Kerr had a smug look on her pus when Faddy was asked that aged old question if HIBS/Hearts can make a realistic challenge to the Uglies this season knowing that they have a game in hand and that The Rangers will more than likely go top before the day is out

I admit not a fan :greengrin

Callum_62
19-09-2021, 06:04 AM
Shelley Kerr had a smug look on her pus when Faddy was asked that aged old question if HIBS/Hearts can make a realistic challenge to the Uglies this season knowing that they have a game in hand and that The Rangers will more than likely go top before the day is out

I admit not a fan :greengrinEither club has a miniscule chance of challenging the OF

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

CentreLine
19-09-2021, 07:25 AM
I was surprised they didn’t dissect the disallowed goal from the game. At the time it looked like Boyle got it wrong with the keeper already beaten but I’d like to have seen it slowed down and confirmation he was off and interfering

JimBHibees
19-09-2021, 07:27 AM
I was surprised they didn’t dissect the disallowed goal from the game. At the time it looked like Boyle got it wrong with the keeper already beaten but I’d like to have seen it slowed down and confirmation he was off and interfering

Did they not show that in the highlights? Surely they did

CentreLine
19-09-2021, 07:55 AM
Did they not show that in the highlights? Surely they did

It was on the highlights, yes but at full speed. I really thought it merited some post match comment

WhileTheChief..
19-09-2021, 07:56 AM
They did.

Boyle screwed up big time. All he had to do was nothing, but didn't manage it :greengrin

J-C
19-09-2021, 08:00 AM
The biggest faux pas on last night's show was the interview with Ross, they actually had the Ross C v Hearts game stats on the screen instead of the Hibs game stats, was that a mistake or a wee dig at Hibs by someone on the show, poor stuff.

BILLYHIBS
19-09-2021, 08:05 AM
Either club has a miniscule chance of challenging the OF

I know it

No need to almost piss yourself laughing though :greengrin

CentreLine
19-09-2021, 08:24 AM
The biggest faux pas on last night's show was the interview with Ross, they actually had the Ross C v Hearts game stats on the screen instead of the Hibs game stats, was that a mistake or a wee dig at Hibs by someone on the show, poor stuff.

Is that what it was? I was more than puzzled that they showed our attendance at 3,800 or something like that. Thought maybe the typist had missed a “1” off the front. Didn’t pay attention after that

brog
19-09-2021, 09:02 AM

I saw that, so unprofessional. Anyone can make a mistake but I suspect no one on the programme even noticed the error. FWIW, I thought McFadden looked totally bored and didn't want to be there. Added nothing to the programme.

JimBHibees
19-09-2021, 09:28 AM

Amateur hour

Iain G
19-09-2021, 09:35 AM
I saw that, so unprofessional. Anyone can make a mistake but I suspect no one on the programme even noticed the error. FWIW, I thought McFadden looked totally bored and didn't want to be there. Added nothing to the programme.

Just watched some of MoTD before flicking to Sportscene, it's night and day between them in terms of professionalism in the coverage, the level of analysis and general quality. The highlights and analysis of our game felt rushed and at a fairly jhigh level.

Should they wait til later in the day for Sportscene, how have Kerr and McFadden had a decent chance to view the 3 or 4 games between full time and a 7.30? And to give the editors and production team a chance to do it properly and give it some care and attention instead of it feeling rushed and shoddy?

CentreLine
19-09-2021, 07:40 PM
Thomson - “Hibs play Dundee, obviously, in the League Cup Quarter final … a chance to reach a third consecutive cup semi final”

Foster, sarcastically chuckling “yeh, it’s about time Hibs actually won one of these semi’s and got to a final and won a cup”

Played for Ross C against is in 2016 and we’ll done for that. Obviously forgotten what happened later that year then.

tonyrougier123
19-09-2021, 11:02 PM
I’ve said this before but I’m always impressed with Ian harkes at Utd good player good engine and can pick out the passes Scott Alan style.scored today in a huge game for them.one to watch.

ancient hibee
20-09-2021, 04:08 PM
BBC don't normally annoy me but they managed it on Saturday on their sports app.

Headline "Hibs blow chance to go top"-I agree with this

Next Hearts who did exactly the same -headline "Hearts in entertaining match in the highlands".

Says it all.

jacomo
20-09-2021, 04:18 PM
BBC don't normally annoy me but they managed it on Saturday on their sports app.

Next Hearts who did exactly the same -headline "Hearts in entertaining match in the highlands".

Says it all.

I posted much the same, but a fellow Hibs.netter (sorry I forgot who) encouraged me to view this in a more favourable light.

Hibs - 3rd last season - were thwarted in their search for another win at the weekend.

Hearts - the plucky newly promoted side - are probably delighted to have another point in the bag.

Bless those little maroon triers. They are doing pretty well for a yo yo club.

ancient hibee
20-09-2021, 04:20 PM
I posted much the same, but a fellow Hibs.netter (sorry I forgot who) encouraged me to view this in a more favourable light.

Hibs - 3rd last season - were thwarted in their search for another win at the weekend.

Hearts - the plucky newly promoted side - are probably delighted to have another point in the bag.

Bless those little maroon triers. They are doing pretty well for a yo yo club.

:greengrin

hibby rae
20-09-2021, 04:21 PM

Says it all.

That could be down to us losing a late equaliser whereas they came back to grab a draw.

SMAXXA
20-09-2021, 05:27 PM
Not sportsound related but I particularly enjoyed Brian McLaughlin asking James McPake how he is looking forward to preparing for the game on Wednesday against Hibs in the quarters 😂. Idiot man he had already asked Courts in the interview beforehand 😂

Kato
20-09-2021, 05:31 PM
Not sportsound related but I particularly enjoyed Brian McLaughlin asking James McPake how he is looking forward to preparing for the game on Wednesday against Hibs in the quarters 😂. Idiot man he had already asked Courts in the interview beforehand 😂

Is this gem available to hear anywhere?

SMAXXA
20-09-2021, 06:20 PM
Is this gem available to hear anywhere?

Try bbc sport Scotland mate maybe on that 😂

CentreLine
20-09-2021, 07:05 PM

I quoted Stephen Thomson earlier in this thread when he closed Sportscene with a question about Hibs quarter final against “Dundee”

Key West
20-09-2021, 07:28 PM
Sportscene should be a round up programme, no punditry more of the games, less of the waffle.

Northernhibee
20-09-2021, 07:32 PM
Sportscene should be a round up programme, no punditry more of the games, less of the waffle.

I quite like a bit of punditry but the sheer amount of bollocks being spouted needs to be cut half at least.

Key West
20-09-2021, 07:49 PM
I quite like a bit of punditry but the sheer amount of bollocks being spouted needs to be cut half at least.

Can't be easy I'd probably get binned right away especially if I had to analyse games involving Hearts and The Rangers.

JimBHibees
20-09-2021, 08:38 PM
Watched sportscene today how blatantly offside was the Rangers goal. One of the easiest offside decisions ever. I think Steven McLean was announced as Rangers motm :greengrin

Kato
20-09-2021, 08:40 PM
Watched sportscene today how blatantly offside was the Rangers goal. One of the easiest offside decisions ever. I think Steven McLean was announced as Rangers motm :greengrin

You could actually show it as a prime example of an offside position. Pretty simple stuff, I'm sure I saw linesman waving his flag in celebration as he ran back to the half way line.

The Harp Awakes
20-09-2021, 08:42 PM

Wasn't even close to being onside. Shocker of a decision.

JimBHibees
20-09-2021, 08:43 PM
Wasn't even close to being onside. Shocker of a decision.

Yep at no time was he onside. Assistant has the perfect view. Criminal

JimBHibees
20-09-2021, 08:44 PM
You could actually show it as a prime example of an offside position. Pretty simple stuff, I'm sure I saw linesman waving his flag in celebration as he ran back to the half way line.

Yep think I saw that as well. :greengrin

wookie70
21-09-2021, 05:10 PM
Yep at no time was he onside. Assistant has the perfect view. Criminal As easy an offside decision as you ever get. Sorry that isn't just simply bad officiating imo

BILLYHIBS
21-09-2021, 05:36 PM
Need to cut the Lino some slack here guys

He had been marching aw day Saturday and couldnae keep up wi play

brog
21-09-2021, 05:57 PM
There was another classic in last minute. Rangers player breaks into box & his shot is clearly blocked by his own player. Ref gives a corner, cue Well players in disbelief! Stevie starting to use up his cup final credit!

JimBHibees
22-09-2021, 06:01 AM
There was another classic in last minute. Rangers player breaks into box & his shot is clearly blocked by his own player. Ref gives a corner, cue Well players in disbelief! Stevie starting to use up his cup final credit!

Yep incredible decision he also gave them 6 mns injury time. Obviously gutted they didn't win. :greengrin

huggie1875
22-09-2021, 06:37 AM
granted sportscene is garbage but the paranoia on here about it being digs at Hibs is very Celticish lets stop it now

JimBHibees
22-09-2021, 11:16 AM

Obviously lost interest in the trophy when Hearts got knocked out.

J-C
22-09-2021, 02:07 PM
granted sportscene is garbage but the paranoia on here about it being digs at Hibs is very Celticish lets stop it now

I wouldn't say paranoia but the programme isn't put together minutes before it's aired, to have the post match interview with Ross and have all the stats from the Hearts game on display does rise a few question marks.

JohnM1875
26-09-2021, 08:15 PM
Surprised they discussed the penalty we were, wrongly in my view, awarded and the Nisbet incident but didn't talk about the Allan one, which I think is 100% a penalty.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2021, 08:17 PM
That penalty decision was dreadful - love it. 🤣🤣

mjhibby
26-09-2021, 08:26 PM
Richard Gordon anti hibs bias shone through on sportsound. Said hibs loved a penalty. Wouldn't dare say that about the bigot bros or Aberdeen or Hearts for that matter. I lasted two minutes in listening to it after the game. Soo bad.

JohnM1875
26-09-2021, 08:29 PM
Richard Gordon anti hibs bias shone through on sportsound. Said hibs loved a penalty. Wouldn't dare say that about the bigot bros or Aberdeen or Hearts for that matter. I lasted two minutes in listening to it after the game. Soo bad.

What team doesn't love a penalty!

That's two pens in a space of four days that we've been more than lucky to get though.

Libby Hibby
26-09-2021, 08:35 PM
Enjoy the dodgy penalties whilst we can.

They’ll soon dry up.

MartinfaePorty
26-09-2021, 08:37 PM
Coming from someone who's an Aberdeen fan, he should realise how many pens they got last season. It was one of the reasons I chose Ferguson for my fantasy team, but I'll be selling him shortly!

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

greenginger
26-09-2021, 09:40 PM
Also, discussing Celtics draw, they said that leaves them 6 points behind Rangers, 5 behind Hearts and 4 behind Motherwell. :grr:

Hibby70
26-09-2021, 10:23 PM
Also, discussing Celtics draw, they said that leaves them 6 points behind Rangers, 5 behind Hearts and 4 behind Motherwell. :grr:

I assume their game was first shown and therefore they didn't want to spoil our result if you didn't know it.

I haven't watched it mind you so could be wrong

JoeT
26-09-2021, 10:33 PM
Match of the day end with the rocket launching skit for Fernades pen was a bit much. Can you imagine if that was Morelos😂 The Rangers would be refusing to pay their tv licenses and tax bills.....again

ScottB
26-09-2021, 10:41 PM

I find it interesting when you listen to the football daily stuff on BBC, and they often joke about how Mark Chapman, in a similar role, isn’t allowed to express an opinion on anything, then you get Richard Gordon up here talking over the guys that are actually at the games with what he thinks has gone on…

Brunswickbill
27-09-2021, 12:02 AM
Handball offence occurs when player
“ touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised.

McCart has his arm up in front of him when it hits the ball. Clear penalty. Sportscene “experts” don’t know what they are talking about. The whole analysis was trying to show mcCart as the innocent party. Red card all day.

St Johnstone are like Aberdeen of old. Think they are the bees knees and harass the officials all the time.

Great result but hard to watch.

JohnM1875
27-09-2021, 12:06 AM
“ touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised.

McCart has his arm up in front of him when it hits the ball. Clear penalty. Sportscene “experts” don’t know what they are talking about. The whole analysis was trying to show mcCart as the innocent party. Red card all day.

St Johnstone are like Aberdeen of old. Think they are the bees knees and harass the officials all the time.

It's never a penalty, come on. We got given it and that's fine. It happens. But there's no way in the world that McCart has his arm anywhere other than across his own body which is a natural position.

Brunswickbill
27-09-2021, 12:33 AM
Rules are rules whether you like them or not. Why do defenders now approach forwards in the box with their arms behind their back? Did you see the free kick given to Hertz against Livi on Saturday where it was kicked into the wall and hit the defender’s arm defending himself from injury. Free kick given where wall had been placed. No argument. No discussion.

Read the rule. McCart had his arm clearly up in front of him. No need for it to be there. Deflected the shot. Foul . Penalty. End of.

Don’t want an argument but why do we carp about getting a correctly awarded penalty when St Johnstone players and fans would be celebrating if the situation was reversed?

heretoday
27-09-2021, 03:21 AM
Richard Gordon is a greaseball.

Since452
27-09-2021, 05:36 AM
It's never a penalty, come on. We got given it and that's fine. It happens. But there's no way in the world that McCart has his arm anywhere other than across his own body which is a natural position.

I think not giving us two penalties beforehand helped his decision

JimBHibees
27-09-2021, 05:51 AM

The key words are unnaturally bigger it didn't if his left arm was in front of his body.

Sir David Gray
27-09-2021, 06:11 AM

His hand didn't make his body unnaturally bigger though. I'm absolutely delighted that it was given but it definitely wasn't a penalty.

green day
27-09-2021, 07:01 AM

We hadnt played at that point............so they were right

CentreLine
27-09-2021, 07:19 AM
We hadnt played at that point............so they were right

It was after five when the comment was made on radio Scotland though

green day
27-09-2021, 07:24 AM
It was after five when the comment was made on radio Scotland though

Actually, fair point I was thinking about a comment made ahead of our match.

Brunswickbill
27-09-2021, 07:24 AM
The key words are unnaturally bigger it didn't if his left arm was in front of his body.

How does putting your arm out and up in front of your body not make it unnaturally bigger. If you put your arm out to the side it’s a penalty and it’s a penalty if you do the same at the front.

Peevemor
27-09-2021, 07:30 AM
How does putting your arm out and up in front of your body not make it unnaturally bigger. If you put your arm out to the side it’s a penalty and it’s a penalty if you do the same at the front.Exactly. McCart's arm was out in front of him when Boyle shot. I don't see how folk can say it definitely shouldn't have been awarded. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210927/3ff1ccafeb6eb41423b3515c8e1d152a.jpg

bigwheel
27-09-2021, 07:43 AM
What’s the laws of the game regarding arms at penalties now? Was it technically the right decision or not ?

hibbysam
27-09-2021, 07:58 AM
Exactly. McCart's arm was out in front of him when Boyle shot. I don't see how folk can say it definitely shouldn't have been awarded. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210927/3ff1ccafeb6eb41423b3515c8e1d152a.jpg

It never hit his outstretched arm though, it hit the arm tucked into his body.

Heisenberg
27-09-2021, 08:00 AM
Never a penalty and to go along with the one we got on Thursday it’s certainly been a lucky couple of games refereeing decision wise.

Peevemor
27-09-2021, 08:03 AM
It never hit his outstretched arm though, it hit the arm tucked into his body.When the ball is struck, McCart doesn't have either arm tucked in.

JohnM1875
27-09-2021, 08:32 AM
Never a penalty and to go along with the one we got on Thursday it’s certainly been a lucky couple of games refereeing decision wise.

Can guarantee we aren't getting any of that luck in our next game at Ibrox.

JimBHibees
27-09-2021, 08:56 AM
How does putting your arm out and up in front of your body not make it unnaturally bigger. If you put your arm out to the side it’s a penalty and it’s a penalty if you do the same at the front.

Even if the ball would have clearly hit his body. Impossible for defenders if they aren't able to have their arms outside their body or within their body shape.

hibbysam
27-09-2021, 09:02 AM
When the ball is struck, McCart doesn't have either arm tucked in.

That’s not how it works. When the ball hits his arm it’s tucked into his body. It’s not a penalty.

Peevemor
27-09-2021, 09:19 AM
That’s not how it works. When the ball hits his arm it’s tucked into his body. It’s not a penalty.

No it's not - watch it again. His arm is outstretched in front of his body when the ball hits it - he then tucks it in.

He's also side on to the shot, so if his arm wasn't outstretched the ball would either have went past him or hit his other (also outstretched) arm.

It's a penalty.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210927/4c6a1334724cd5b85c4f162d1f8ac60d.jpg

mal
27-09-2021, 09:27 AM

And he corrected himself and mentioned Hibs a few milliseconds after his initial error so let's not get too upset about it.

TrinityHibs
27-09-2021, 09:34 AM
I've now watched the replay about a dozen times. Each time the referee gives a penalty so its a penalty. If he doesn't give it then its not a penalty. It really isn't hard.

hibbysam
27-09-2021, 10:04 AM
No it's not - watch it again. His arm is outstretched in front of his body when the ball hits it - he then tucks it in.

He's also side on to the shot, so if his arm wasn't outstretched the ball would either have went past him or hit his other (also outstretched) arm.

It's a penalty.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210927/4c6a1334724cd5b85c4f162d1f8ac60d.jpg

His left arm is tucked into his chest when it hits it - you keep showing clips of when the ball hasn’t hit his arm. There isn’t a rule that says your arm must be by your side. It’s not a penalty and we got away with one, just like they did first half on at least one occasion.

FWIW they say you can’t score with your hand/arm regardless of intent, and that should probably be reciprocated when defending.

Peevemor
27-09-2021, 10:07 AM
His left arm is tucked into his chest when it hits it - you keep showing clips of when the ball hasn’t hit his arm. There isn’t a rule that says your arm must be by your side. It’s not a penalty and we got away with one, just like they did first half on at least one occasion.

FWIW they say you can’t score with your hand/arm regardless of intent, and that should probably be reciprocated when defending.

It 100% isn't.

hibbysam
27-09-2021, 10:09 AM
It 100% isn't.

A simple look at the Hibs Tv replays says it is. His elbow (which again is where the ball hits) is literally touching his side 😂

calumhibee1
27-09-2021, 10:11 AM
A simple look at the Hibs Tv replays says it is. His elbow (which again is where the ball hits) is literally touching his side 😂

:agree:

It’s never a pen but happy to take it.

hibbysam
27-09-2021, 10:12 AM
:agree:

It’s never a pen but happy to take it.

Absolutely and deserved based on mistakes Beaton made first half.

Libby Hibby
27-09-2021, 10:12 AM
100% a penalty as the referee gave it.

However it is one of them that your delighted when it goes for you and pure raging when it goes against.

Peevemor
27-09-2021, 10:20 AM
A simple look at the Hibs Tv replays says it is. His elbow (which again is where the ball hits) is literally touching his side [emoji23]

Either you're not watching the same incident or you really are incapable of admitting that you're mistaken.

Maybe look at the SPFL highlights too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEhXZjihMHs&t=215s

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210927/318b67e5ec8d3b1f32e7ca19c90c737f.jpg

Since452
27-09-2021, 10:25 AM
I feel we should have had another one, if not two penalties so karma and all that.

JimBHibees
27-09-2021, 10:27 AM
I feel we should have had another one, if not two penalties so karma and all that.

Personally think the Scott Allan one was the only clear penalty as Booth clearly catches him. Think the Nisbet one Clark gets his hand to the ball.

Brunswickbill
27-09-2021, 11:11 AM
A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised. Penalty all day long.

Carheenlea
27-09-2021, 11:18 AM
Another example of why VAR wouldn’t always guarantee a satisfactory decision all round. Football rules are largely interpretations and matter of opinion rather than fact.

Conflicting views on this thread but the referee thought it was a penalty so penalty it was. I agree with him.

Big_Franck
27-09-2021, 11:20 AM
Thought the penalty was generous at the time and having watched the replays back a few times on the match highlights this morning there's no chance that's a penalty. Delighted we got it though!

Since452
27-09-2021, 11:23 AM
Blooter the ball off someone's arm at point blank range and it's a pen? Anywhere else on the pitch and it would be play on. Think it's a daft rule devoid of any common sense but rules are rules so St Johnstone can take their medicine.

Peevemor
27-09-2021, 11:25 AM
Blooter the ball off someone's arm at point blank range and it's a pen? Think it's a daft rule devoid of any common sense but rules are rules so St Johnstone can take their medicine.

If his arm hadn't been raised and in front of him it might not have been given.

Anthony Soprano
27-09-2021, 11:35 AM
We won. We deserved to win. End of story.

Get it right up St Johnstone.

hibbysam
27-09-2021, 11:38 AM
Either you're not watching the same incident or you really are incapable of admitting that you're mistaken.

Maybe look at the SPFL highlights too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEhXZjihMHs&t=215s

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210927/318b67e5ec8d3b1f32e7ca19c90c737f.jpg

Again, your posting a still photo where the ball hasn’t hit him yet, he’s on the turn and it hits his elbow. His elbow is tucked right in. You also don’t turn with your arms straight down by your side, the arm outstretched would be a foul, it doesn’t hit that arm it hits the one that’s tucked in. You obviously disagree but it’s fairly telling that your in a minority, both here and within the football world.

Peevemor
27-09-2021, 11:45 AM
Again, your posting a still photo where the ball hasn’t hit him yet, he’s on the turn and it hits his elbow. His elbow is tucked right in. You also don’t turn with your arms straight down by your side, the arm outstretched would be a foul, it doesn’t hit that arm it hits the one that’s tucked in. You obviously disagree but it’s fairly telling that your in a minority, both here and within the football world.

:rotflmao:

In any case, being in the minority doesn't mean I'm wrong. His elbow isn't tucked into his side and his forearm is raised when the ball hits him. I'll stick with what I can see with my own eyes - you can keep your blinkers on if you want.

I'll leave it there.

Craig_HFC
27-09-2021, 11:47 AM
If he had no arms then the ball would have hit him in the stomach/chest.

Not a penalty for me but I'm certainly not complaining about it.

lord bunberry
27-09-2021, 11:51 AM
That picture literally shows the ball hitting his arm. He’s turned slightly and his arm is out in front in an unnatural position, it’s a penalty.

Edinburgh Green
27-09-2021, 11:57 AM
If he had no arms then the ball would have hit him in the stomach/chest.

Not a penalty for me but I'm certainly not complaining about it.

Yeah this is my thoughts on it. Take the points and move on.

hibbysam
27-09-2021, 11:57 AM
That picture literally shows the ball hitting his arm. He’s turned slightly and his arm is out in front in an unnatural position, it’s a penalty.

His arm is up in a v shape up his chest, that’s not unnatural based on his turn/body position. That picture the ball has yet to hit him, he’s on the turn and it hits the back of his elbow - hence the speed at which it pings away.

The_Sauz
27-09-2021, 12:17 PM
Anybody else see that 2 footed lung by Aberdeens Johnny Hayes? if he made contact, that guy would be in Hospital by now! Willie Collum just booked him, and yet it was never brought up by the panel!

Shocker of a tackle and the decision by the Collum not to show a straight red is just baffling :grr:

Callum_62
27-09-2021, 12:18 PM
Anybody else see that 2 footed lung by Aberdeens Johnny Hayes? if he made contact, that guy would be in Hospital by now! Willie Collum just booked him, and yet it was never brought up by the panel!

Shocker of a tackle and the decision by the Collum not to show a straight red is just baffling :grr:Can't believe it wasn't a red

Mind the Ross county boy had a similar lunge against us too

hibbysam
27-09-2021, 12:30 PM

Shocker of a tackle and the decision by the Collum not to show a straight red is just baffling :grr:

No idea what he was doing 😂 weirdest looking ‘tackle’ I’ve seen.

calumhibee1
27-09-2021, 12:51 PM

There’s nothing unnatural about that imo.

If you remove his arm it hits his body. To me that means it’s pretty well tucked in.

lord bunberry
27-09-2021, 12:51 PM
His arm is up in a v shape up his chest, that’s not unnatural based on his turn/body position. That picture the ball has yet to hit him, he’s on the turn and it hits the back of his elbow - hence the speed at which it pings away.
It’s the turn that makes it a penalty, he basically turns himself into the ball so that he’s leading with his arm.

hibbysam
27-09-2021, 12:55 PM
It’s the turn that makes it a penalty, he basically turns himself into the ball so that he’s leading with his arm.

There’s nothing intentional about that which is the rule.

B.H.F.C
27-09-2021, 01:01 PM

He’s only leading with arm because his arm is on that side of his body. Short of removing it, I’m not sure what he could have done. We’d be going daft if that was given against us.

Surprised there wasn’t a bit more made of the one on Scott Allan in the first half. Looked a pretty clear foul but there was hardly even a claim.

calumhibee1
27-09-2021, 01:05 PM
He’s only leading with arm because his arm is on that side of his body. Short of removing it, I’m not sure what he could have done. We’d be going daft if that was given against us.

Surprised there wasn’t a bit more made of the one on Scott Allan in the first half. Looked a pretty clear foul but there was hardly even a claim.

There really is nothing he could reasonably have done.

I said elsewhere but to me that’s almost a text book example of how to block a shot and not give away a penalty. It just doesn’t account for Beaton being the ref.

lord bunberry
27-09-2021, 01:10 PM

He could’ve just faced up the hibs player instead of turning away, he turned and put his arm between the ball and the goal. He was penalised for stopping the shot with his leading arm, he didn’t have to turn onto the ball it was his choice.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-09-2021, 01:18 PM
Didn't look a penalty to me, but we had a definite penalty waved away against Motherwell so things even out. Anyway getting a penalty gives you the chance of a goal not an actual goal. What the opposition did or not do in the other 89 minutes outwith the penalty is down to them and not the ref.

hibbysam
27-09-2021, 01:20 PM
He could’ve just faced up the hibs player instead of turning away, he turned and put his arm between the ball and the goal. He was penalised for stopping the shot with his leading arm, he didn’t have to turn onto the ball it was his choice.

Again, the rule doesn’t state you have to be face on to stop a shot. The position his body was in, his arm was where it should be. Had he stood face on his body would’ve been far bigger as both arms would be by his side.

There’s also nobody that would run straight on towards a ball - you never seen it, once he’s stopped he’s always going to turn.

Broken Gnome
27-09-2021, 01:22 PM
A lot of these posts seem to suggest McCart made knowing or deliberate movements, rather than having 0.00001 seconds to position himself once Boyle struck the ball.

Aside from the other arm being a bit too far out, he's about as natural as he can look when making a block. The arms not stopped Boyle from scoring, so with that and the fact there's so little distance between Boyle and the defender we're pretty lucky to get it.

superfurryhibby
27-09-2021, 01:24 PM
It was a soft penalty and as a few have said, we would be raging if it was given against Hibs. The ball was driven against the player at very close range, his arm is where you would pretty much expect it to be. A harsh decision, but I guess they even themselves out over the course of a season etc.

Kato
27-09-2021, 01:24 PM
Lots of analysis here about whether it was a penalty or not. Same on Sportsound and Sportscene.

Obviously on here the Allan claim has been mentioned, but the BBC conveniently didn't analyse the incident at all.

A stonewaller.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
27-09-2021, 01:25 PM
Lots of analysis here about whether it was a penalty or not. Same on Sportsound and Sportscene.

Obviously on here the Allan claim has been mentioned, but the BBC conveniently didn't analyse the incident at all.

A stonewaller.

I’ve not saw that back but it looked a clear foul at the game.

Kato
27-09-2021, 01:28 PM
I’ve not saw that back but it looked a clear foul at the game.It was on the Sportscene highlights package but not discussed afterwards.

The Harp Awakes
27-09-2021, 01:34 PM

A stonewaller.

It's not just that they didn't analyse the incident, they didn't show it at all in their edited highlights. Also, in a match of few clear cut chances it was bizarre that the BBC didn't show Nisbet through on goal near the end of the game.

JohnM1875
27-09-2021, 01:36 PM
It's not just that they didn't analyse the incident, they didn't show it at all in their edited highlights. Also, in a match of few clear cut chances it was bizarre that the BBC didn't show Nisbet through on goal near the end of the game.

Neither our own highlights or the SPFL highlights show the Allan penalty claim either. So bizarre.

gbhibby
27-09-2021, 01:43 PM
If you look at their analysis McCarts other arm is straight out level with his chest, maybe that's what the ref sees, they can analyse it as much as the want. The only person that matters is the ref and he sees it in real time. Hope we get one at Ibrox so their whole show will be taken up with analysis.

calumhibee1
27-09-2021, 01:46 PM
If you look at their analysis McCarts other arm is straight out level with his chest, maybe that's what the ref sees, they can analyse it as much as the want. The only person that matters is the ref and he sees it in real time. Hope we get one at Ibrox so their whole show will be taken up with analysis.

I hope we get one at Ibrox for one that leathers a hun in the face.

Never going to happen mind, but a winner at Ibrox with a penalty that is never a penalty is the dream.

Callum_62
27-09-2021, 02:08 PM
Talking of penalties - how on earth did Dundee Utd not get one?

Kato
27-09-2021, 02:10 PM

Sent from my VOG-L29 using TapatalkMaybe, though it's not for me to say, it was because they were playing against Celtic?

Blatant, more blatant than any of our claims.

calumhibee1
27-09-2021, 02:11 PM
I see Dermot Gallagher has said it wasn’t a penalty for the same reasons as most. He can’t do anything about it and “his arm is tucked in beside his body.”

JimBHibees
27-09-2021, 02:19 PM

Because Kevin Clancy was unsighted again as were apparently all other officials. :greengrin Personally think it was a red as well as no real attempt to play the ball imo. Appalling referee. Scandalous decision

JimBHibees
27-09-2021, 02:21 PM
I see Dermot Gallagher has said it wasn’t a penalty for the same reasons as most. He can’t do anything about it and “his arm is tucked in beside his body.”

Did he review the Dundee United pen? By far the most contentious decision of the weekend

JimBHibees
27-09-2021, 02:25 PM

Yep red card every day of the week though it is Collum

gbhibby
27-09-2021, 02:26 PM
Love it that we are becoming more streetwise, make the refs have to make a decision. Hope Boyler becomes top scorer on penalties alone.
The uglies have been doing it for years.

calumhibee1
27-09-2021, 02:30 PM
Did he review the Dundee United pen? By far the most contentious decision of the weekend

It’s not mentioned in the evening news article. Was on Sky Sports news he reviewed it, not sure if there’d have been more to it on the show.

JimBHibees
27-09-2021, 02:32 PM
It’s not mentioned in the evening news article. Was on Sky Sports news he reviewed it, not sure if there’d have been more to it on the show.

Ok cheers thought you had saw the Sky sports extract and was wondering whether they had covered it. :aok:

calumhibee1
27-09-2021, 02:58 PM
Ok cheers thought you had saw the Sky sports extract and was wondering whether they had covered it. :aok:

Na didn’t see it unfortunately!

brog
27-09-2021, 04:26 PM
There’s nothing intentional about that which is the rule.

There are 2 parts to the Law as below. #2 does not require it to be intentional. McCart's arm is raised away from his body, the fact that the ball strikes the part of the arm in front of the body is not really covered by the Law. The final part, as highlighted below is interesting & IMO (as a former ref) puts the onus on the player not to raise their arm, hence why you see so many defenders holding their arms by their side. I would be upset if it was given against us but by the letter of the law it appears to me that Beaton got it right for once.

It is an offence if a player:

1. deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
2. touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised

calumhibee1
27-09-2021, 04:27 PM
There are 2 parts to the Law as below. #2 does not require it to be intentional. McCart's arm is raised away from his body, the fact that the ball strikes the part of the arm in front of the body is not really covered by the Law. The final part, as highlighted below is interesting & IMO (as a former ref) puts the onus on the player not to raise their arm, hence why you see so many defenders holding their arms by their side. I would be upset if it was given against us but by the letter of the law it appears to me that Beaton got it right for once.

1. deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
2. touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised

Sky Sports had Dermot Gallagher reviewing it. On the presumption that he applied the law to his decision he said it wasn’t a penalty and reckoned his arm was tucked in.

hibbysam
27-09-2021, 04:33 PM

‘ the fact that the ball strikes the part of the arm in front of the body is not really covered by the Law.’

Where his other arm is makes no difference - players can run about with their hands above their heads, if it doesn’t touch that arm then it’s not an offence! The only arm that matters is the one that the ball hits, and that one is tucked in and natural in relation to the movement that he made.

calumhibee1
27-09-2021, 04:36 PM
‘ the fact that the ball strikes the part of the arm in front of the body is not really covered by the Law.’

Where his other arm is makes no difference - players can run about with their hands above their heads, if it doesn’t touch that arm then it’s not an offence! The only arm that matters is the one that the ball hits, and that one is tucked in and natural in relation to the movement that he made.

Yup. If his arms were long enough he could be waving his hand in front of the referees face for all it matters. If the ball hits that same arm in an area that’s tucked into his body which it did in this case then it isn’t a penalty, regardless of where his hand is on that same arm or where his other arm is.

The dalmeny
27-09-2021, 04:41 PM

Yes he did, he said it was just a footballing incident. He also referred to the contact just outside the box and said that was a foul for celtic. He said for consistency in view that a foul wasn't given outside the box and the contact inside the box was very similar then no pen.

Kato
27-09-2021, 05:03 PM
Yes he did, he said it was just a footballing incident. He also referred to the contact just outside the box and said that was a foul for celtic. He said for consistency in view that a foul wasn't given outside the box and the contact inside the box was very similar then no pen.Shows what a divvy he is then.

Allant1981
27-09-2021, 05:15 PM
Was a very soft penalty but will take it all day long, thought we should have had one for the foul on nisbet so maybe the ref made up for that

Eyrie
27-09-2021, 07:10 PM
The one we did get wasn't a penalty. McCart's arm was in a natural position and against his body, not enlarging his body. If Beaton had given that at the other end we'd all be raging about it - even those trying to justify because it was for us.

But it did make up for not getting a penalty when Nisbet got to the ball just ahead of Clark and was tripped.

wookie70
27-09-2021, 08:34 PM
I didn't think any of our three claims were pens. Did Porteous not have a penalty given against him down at Killie for a very similar handball. He turned his body as the shot was hit and it struck his arm. That was before the new rules if I remember correctly. This one evens that up and if we get another 200 dodgy pens this season will will still need some more to even up some of the decisions I have seen in the last 45 years or so. This is the first season I can remember where big refereeing decisions aren't obviously going against us.

Kato
27-09-2021, 08:39 PM
I didn't think any of our three claims were pens. Did Porteous not have a penalty given against him down at Killie for a very similar handball. He turned his body as the shot was hit and it struck his arm. That was before the new rules if I remember correctly. This one evens that up and if we get another 200 dodgy pens this season will will still need some more to even up some of the decisions I have seen in the last 45 years or so. This is the first season I can remember where big refereeing decisions aren't obviously going against us.Agreed.

JimBHibees
27-09-2021, 08:48 PM
Yes he did, he said it was just a footballing incident. He also referred to the contact just outside the box and said that was a foul for celtic. He said for consistency in view that a foul wasn't given outside the box and the contact inside the box was very similar then no pen.

Wow incredible view of that incident.

O'Rourke3
27-09-2021, 09:15 PM
This is the first season I can remember where big refereeing decisions aren't obviously going against us.

Yet....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

hibbysam
27-09-2021, 09:25 PM
I didn't think any of our three claims were pens. Did Porteous not have a penalty given against him down at Killie for a very similar handball. He turned his body as the shot was hit and it struck his arm. That was before the new rules if I remember correctly. This one evens that up and if we get another 200 dodgy pens this season will will still need some more to even up some of the decisions I have seen in the last 45 years or so. This is the first season I can remember where big refereeing decisions aren't obviously going against us.

You don’t think the one on Scott Allan was a penalty? He knocks the ball away and the boy clearly stands on his foot - fouling him.

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2021, 09:29 PM
i don't watch sportscene but by last night i'd already changed my mind and thought it wasn't a penalty after all, beaton made up for not giving the penalty for scott booth leaving his leg in on scott allan, anywhere else on the pitch and that was a foul

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-09-2021, 09:34 PM

We’ve had a few go in our favour so far certainly. Although we were denied a stonewaller at Motherwell, another on Boyle at home to Rijeka and could have had two yesterday before we got the ,admittedly dodgy, one.

matty_f
27-09-2021, 11:12 PM
Sky Sports had Dermot Gallagher reviewing it. On the presumption that he applied the law to his decision he said it wasn’t a penalty and reckoned his arm was tucked in.

He also thought Celtic shouldn’t have had a penalty against them in what was one of the clearest “that’s a penalty” incidents going.

Not In The Know
28-09-2021, 08:05 AM
He also thought Celtic shouldn’t have had a penalty against them in what was one of the clearest “that’s a penalty” incidents going.

one things for sure. We won’t be getting a penalty again anytime soon. Certainly not at ibrox this weekend after the medias mini campaign highlighting we are getting too many. EEN are at it today.

Since452
28-09-2021, 08:14 AM
Absolutely delighted we're getting decisions in our favour. We've been on the end of some horrific ones in my time. Not even close to evening itself out yet. Long may it continue. And if we're getting penalties it means were at the right end of the park. The more you're in the oppositions box the more penalties you're going to get. All good in my opinion.

WhileTheChief..
28-09-2021, 08:55 AM
one things for sure. We won’t be getting a penalty again anytime soon. Certainly not at ibrox this weekend after the medias mini campaign highlighting we are getting too many. EEN are at it today.

Thought I’d stumbled onto Kerrydale Street by mistake!

You really think the EEN has any influence on Scottish football at all??!!

The media don’t decide who gets penalties. I’d have thought that our recent good fortune with penalties would have put all the anti Hibs conspiracy stuff to bed.