PDA

View Full Version : 58th minute applause

Dochibs
26-08-2021, 11:29 AM
Would like to ask everyone to take part in a 58th minute applause against Livingston for my dad, Alan Docherty (Doc) who passed away in March this year. Fanatic Hibs fan who never missed a game so those who go to games will definitely recognise him over the years.
Many thanks

IFONLY
26-08-2021, 11:42 AM
Would like to ask everyone to take part in a 58th minute applause against Livingston for my dad, Alan Docherty (Doc) who passed away in March this year. Fanatic Hibs fan who never missed a game so those who go to games will definitely recognise him over the years.
Many thanks
One of the best,great guy fantastic Hibs fan

Dochibs
26-08-2021, 12:26 PM
One of the best,great guy fantastic Hibs fan

Thank you mate

CMurdoch
26-08-2021, 01:33 PM
Many thanks

I saw the wonderful photo of you and your dad with the Scottish Cup.
I will give him a big cheer in the 58th minute.

dangermouse
26-08-2021, 01:35 PM
One of the best, great guy, fantastic Hibs fan

:agree:

ahibby
26-08-2021, 01:39 PM

Yes and will prime my mates who I havent seen in nineteen months. Sad to lose anyone but more so, when ao much of their life should still be ahead if them. 58 is young in my book.

JimBHibees
26-08-2021, 01:55 PM
Sorry for your loss. RIP.

Dochibs
27-08-2021, 06:47 AM

Thank you mate🙌🏻

jodjam
27-08-2021, 07:25 AM
Many thanks

Hi mate. Definitely will and we’ll get a catch up for a beer before a match soon - PK

Dochibs
27-08-2021, 10:59 AM
Hi mate. Definitely will and we’ll get a catch up for a beer before a match soon - PK

Cheers PK. Sounds like a plan.

Cod Boy
27-08-2021, 10:01 PM
I will be clapping your dad was a top man sat with him a few times on the bus to away games

CMurdoch
28-08-2021, 05:18 PM
That went well

Bridge hibs
28-08-2021, 05:20 PM
That went wellCouldnt make the game, was there a decent applause ?

lord bunberry
28-08-2021, 05:26 PM
Couldnt make the game, was there a decent applause ?
It was a minute late.

Largshibby
29-08-2021, 10:27 PM
Couldnt make the game, was there a decent applause ?

It was a bit of a mess tbh. Not much response on 58 minutes then it improved on 59. A good example for why we need an alternative way to show our respects.

Stuart93
29-08-2021, 10:31 PM
It was a bit of a mess tbh. Not much response on 58 minutes then it improved on 59. A good example for why we need an alternative way to show our respects.

RIP messages on big screens would be a decent way to mark respect

Block
29-08-2021, 10:33 PM
Sounds as if he was a top Hibs man. Its never easy to arrange a round of applause but at least there was a genuine effort to have one take place. My Dad too was a dyed in the wool Hibs man. I know what you're going through. It gets easier in time but we never forget. RIP

Andy74
29-08-2021, 10:46 PM
There seems to be consensus that this isn’t the best way to do these things then another one pops up for the next game. I don’t think the Hibs announcer etc should get involved anymore and these will start to drop off.

It is difficult to comment on ones specific to people without causing offence. The general ones in these topics don’t seem to help as the next one just comes along shortly after.

ozwoody
30-08-2021, 04:18 AM
I think a better way would be to have a minutes applause on the last home game of the season to celebrate and remember all the good hibbies that have passed throughout the season.

flash
30-08-2021, 06:04 AM
Am pretty sure Bruce Anderson had his diabetic fit on 57 minutes which carried over into 58th. Punters were going daft as a lot of people thought he was at it.
My point is any sort of noteworthy incident is likely to ruin a planned tribute as folk get caught up in what's happening on the pitch.
Personally I like the idea of a tribute on the last home game of the season.
Once we have a big screen we could have pictures up of those we have lost and that would be a lovely way for them to be remembered.

Hibernian Verse
30-08-2021, 06:47 AM
Am pretty sure Bruce Anderson had his diabetic fit on 57 minutes which carried over into 58th. Punters were going daft as a lot of people thought he was at it.
My point is any sort of noteworthy incident is likely to ruin a planned tribute as folk get caught up in what's happening on the pitch.
Personally I like the idea of a tribute on the last home game of the season.
Once we have a big screen we could have pictures up of those we have lost and that would be a lovely way for them to be remembered.

I agree Flash. It would be great if we could all send in loved ones that had passed in that year and they could be remembered on the screen for everyone to see.

basehibby
30-08-2021, 06:59 AM
That went well

At least the opposition didn't score!

RIP to a big Hibs man - but for reasons covered on a previous thread I'm no longer in favour of this kind of memorial gesture.