PDA

View Full Version : Derby tickets

Pages : [1] 2

Diclonius
26-08-2021, 07:26 AM
Assuming we get an allocation - can we put these to a ballot too instead of the first-come, first-served approach of recent seasons? It seems much more fair and less hassle for everyone involved.

OstKurve Hibs
26-08-2021, 07:33 AM
Assuming we get an allocation - can we put these to a ballot too instead of the first-come, first-served approach of recent seasons? It seems much more fair and less hassle for everyone involved.

I'd b happy for all season ticket holders to go into a ballot, but not non season tickets holders, I say that because I can never get lucky wi a ticket for an away derby despite goin to a good few away games throughout the season, loyalty points system is desperately needed,
There will b folk who get a derby away ticket and itll b their only away game of the season, it's a joke

B.H.F.C
26-08-2021, 07:35 AM
I think it would be a good idea for them to use the ballot system. Was a really simple process and saves you having to make sure you were available at the exact moment they went on sale.

Alex1875
26-08-2021, 08:00 AM
Surely if we are at the point where you're asking for a ballot.. it should be some form of loyalty points?

Not saying you specifically, but I don't see why folk should get access to a derby ticket via ballot over folk who travel up and down the country every week.

Tickets IMO should be done on some form of points system so those who put in the most effort going to your Dundee, Livi, County etc get first dibs on derby, Ibrox and cup final tickets etc.

Not normally an issue for most away games but the system would ensure fairness when required. Worked fine for most last time - was only the folk who didn't have enough points that moaned about it.. [emoji1184][emoji1184][emoji1184]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

mvteng
26-08-2021, 08:02 AM
Surely those who didnt get tickets in the ballot for the Rosss County game should get preference in any ballot :wink:

Diclonius
26-08-2021, 08:46 AM
Surely if we are at the point where you're asking for a ballot.. it should be some form of loyalty points?

Not saying you specifically, but I don't see why folk should get access to a derby ticket via ballot over folk who travel up and down the country every week.

Tickets IMO should be done on some form of points system so those who put in the most effort going to your Dundee, Livi, County etc get first dibs on derby, Ibrox and cup final tickets etc.

Not normally an issue for most away games but the system would ensure fairness when required. Worked fine for most last time - was only the folk who didn't have enough points that moaned about it.. [emoji1184][emoji1184][emoji1184]

I would also prefer loyalty points, but if that isn't the case then a ballot is the way to go. Right now the only people the system prioritises is people who work from home or know how to manipulate the online ticketing system.

Personally, I'd just implement a system where priority is given to anyone who went to Tynecastle in the early 2010s when we were ***** and never sold out! :wink:

Alex1875
26-08-2021, 08:48 AM
I would also prefer loyalty points, but if that isn't the case then a ballot is the way to go.

Right now the only people the system prioritises is people who work from home or know how to manipulate the online ticketing system.Yeah, agree its easier for folk working from home etc which isn't really fair way things are

.Sean.
26-08-2021, 08:53 AM
The only time it’s beneficial to you Hibs being crap is going into a Derby at tynecastle as you’re almost guaranteed to get a ticket if you want one so it’s a ‘shame’ we’re on form as it’ll be a nightmare to get tickets! Fingers crossed I don’t miss out, not missed a derby there since 2007.

TamHibs
26-08-2021, 09:06 AM
It’s at times like these where you appreciate the away season ticket, no more having to worry about whether the website puts you into the queue in time for a ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ringothedog
26-08-2021, 09:10 AM
It’s at times like these where you appreciate the away season ticket, no more having to worry about whether the website puts you into the queue in time for a ticket

👍

Hibby70
26-08-2021, 09:11 AM
I'd much rather the ballot process. Apply to be in the ballot at your leisure rather than trying to log in sneakily whilst in a meeting at work.

bod
26-08-2021, 09:13 AM
I would also prefer loyalty points, but if that isn't the case then a ballot is the way to go. Right now the only people the system prioritises is people who work from home or know how to manipulate the online ticketing system.

Personally, I'd just implement a system where priority is given to anyone who went to Tynecastle in the early 2010s when we were ***** and never sold out! :wink:

How can you manipulate the online ticket system ?
Asking for a friend :greengrin

Partyraiser
26-08-2021, 09:16 AM
Surely those who didnt get tickets in the ballot for the Rosss County game should get preference in any ballot :wink:

Id go further. Those of us who paid for arsenal, santa Coloma, Rijeka and motherwell and kilmarnock but didn't get a ticket for county should get preference

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2021, 09:25 AM
The only time it’s beneficial to you Hibs being crap is going into a Derby at tynecastle as you’re almost guaranteed to get a ticket if you want one so it’s a ‘shame’ we’re on form as it’ll be a nightmare to get tickets! Fingers crossed I don’t miss out, not missed a derby there since 2007.

Sounds like you’ve had your share then? Bottom of the ballot bundle.

Hibeewilly
26-08-2021, 09:30 AM

Sent from my SM-G981B using TapatalkSpot on Alex..... I just don't understand why Dempster scrapped it. It's easily the fairest way so hopefully the new CEO will have a look at this. When I mentioned it to him he hadn't heard of it

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
26-08-2021, 09:37 AM

People who attended the Casper game should be guaranteed derby tickets for life. There was about 12 of us there that night.

.Sean.
26-08-2021, 09:41 AM
Sounds like you’ve had your share then? Bottom of the ballot bundle.
Nope, I think all those that couldn’t be arsed going the numerous times we sold half a stand because we were pish and it was likely we’d get scudded should be bottom of the bundle IMO

That aside a ballot is fairer since we don’t have a loyalty points system, just unsure how it would work with group bookings etc.

Cardinal G
26-08-2021, 09:45 AM

Totally agree on this though I can't see it happening.

LaMotta
26-08-2021, 09:45 AM

I went to every Derby at tynie since 2007 watching many abject performances, until loyalty points were scrapped in 2016/17 and have NEVER been able to get a ticket since despite trying every time.

Def something not right there if others are managing to get tickets for tynie every time.

.Sean.
26-08-2021, 09:47 AM
I went to every Derby at tynie since 2007 watching many abject performances, until loyalty points were scrapped in 2016/17 and have NEVER been able to get a ticket since despite trying every time.

Def something not right there if others are managing to get tickets for tynie every time.
I tried and failed a few times after loyalty points were scrapped and by pure chance I managed to get a spare nearer the time. A complete lottery online and as has been mentioned a ballot is fairer as not everyone has a chance to sit by a phone or screen when they’re at work

Daniel 1875
26-08-2021, 09:50 AM
One thing I would say is it looks like the online ticketing system has been improved so hopefully there will be less chance of getting randomly bumped out of the queue after waiting patiently to get in.

CMurdoch
26-08-2021, 10:26 AM
A ballot sounds perfect but I would tweek it slightly in that games at Tynecastle should be a rolling ballot for season ticket holders which would ensure that all season ticket holders would get their equal share of away Derby tickets I.e. all those who get a ticket for the next away Derby drop to the bottom of the pile and then work their way up until it's their time to attend again. As others have said it would also stop us having to fight each other online for them.

Ringothedog
26-08-2021, 10:27 AM

👍

Craig_HFC
26-08-2021, 10:29 AM
People who attended the Casper game should be guaranteed derby tickets for life. There was about 12 of us there that night.

What a night that was.

LaMotta
26-08-2021, 11:32 AM
I tried and failed a few times after loyalty points were scrapped and by pure chance I managed to get a spare nearer the time. A complete lottery online and as has been mentioned a ballot is fairer as not everyone has a chance to sit by a phone or screen when they’re at work

Agreed mate:aok:

SteveHFC
26-08-2021, 11:34 AM

This. :aok:

Hermit Crab
26-08-2021, 11:45 AM
If you do a ballot for this game then you'd need to do it for Ibrox and Parkhead, or any major away game with a small, or highly sought after allocation of tickets.

LaMotta
26-08-2021, 11:47 AM
If you do a ballot for this game then you'd need to do it for Ibrox and Parkhead, or any major away game with a small, or highly sought after allocation of tickets.

Would that be a problem though?

Hermit Crab
26-08-2021, 11:47 AM

Literally could not give away derby ticks then eh, we've come full circle now that you cant get for love nor money unless you have an away season ticket.

Hermit Crab
26-08-2021, 11:49 AM
Would that be a problem though?

I'm not sure, no idea if a ballot is problematic for the ticket office staff or not.

LaMotta
26-08-2021, 11:50 AM
Literally could not give away derby ticks then eh, we've come full circle now that you cant get for love nor money unless you have an away season ticket.

:agree:The worst attended I remember was when Collins was manager and we lost 2 nil near end of season. Shelton Martis was playing and Andy McNeil gifted them a goal with a howler :rolleyes:

silverhibee
26-08-2021, 11:52 AM

Great night so it was, where do I collect my ticket. :greengrin

.Sean.
26-08-2021, 11:55 AM
Lost count the amount of times the derbies actually even went to general sale. Never understood it, just not going incase we get beat.

lord bunberry
26-08-2021, 12:14 PM
Would people successful in any potential ballot be happy to miss out on the second derby at tynie? I’d rather it was done in the usual way, a ballot could end up with a load of fans not creating any atmosphere.

wookie70
26-08-2021, 12:27 PM

I think it should be those who saw the equaliser in the Joe McBride game.

I have been lucky and got a ticket for all the derbies I wanted to attend. However I think loyalty points is the only fair way. Ballots are as unfair as first come first serve imo and the club should be doing everything to encourage loyalty. It isn't difficult but then again we seem to struggle with ticketing in general but other clubs seem to manage loyalty schemes easily enough

Since90+2
26-08-2021, 12:51 PM
Surely it's a good thing we now have more people who want to attend a derby? Reading some of the posts here it seems some folk preferred it when the stand was 75% full.

Antifa Hibs
26-08-2021, 01:03 PM

Except thats nonsense though eh.

'Cos first off all the corporates will get a ticket if they want one, then Hibs staff/players will get a few. After that myself, or the group I go with every week, not one of us have missed out on any ticket that we've wanted whether it was for Ibrox or Tynie.

Away season tickets seem to massively over-exaggerate demand for games and have done. Not sure why, to massage their own ego or something....?

Billy Whizz
26-08-2021, 01:06 PM
Except thats nonsense though eh.

'Cos first off all the corporates will get a ticket if they want one, then Hibs staff/players will get a few. After that myself, or the group I go with every week, not one of us have missed out on any ticket that we've wanted whether it was for Ibrox or Tynie.

Away season tickets seem to massively over-exaggerate demand for games and have done. Not sure why, to massage their own ego or something....?

What rubbish you post! As an away season ticket holder, I’d much prefer loyalty scheme, as it hinders who I can sit with

Antifa Hibs
26-08-2021, 01:09 PM
What rubbish you post! As an away season ticket holder, I’d much prefer loyalty scheme, as it hinders who I can sit with

Whats rubbish about it?

You might not agree with the last sentence but the rest of the post is all fact that has dispelled HC's post which was fairly pish?

Pretty Boy
26-08-2021, 01:15 PM
:agree:The worst attended I remember was when Collins was manager and we lost 2 nil near end of season. Shelton Martis was playing and Andy McNeil gifted them a goal with a howler :rolleyes:

That was a sore one. Did they not score after about 3 seconds or something? It felt like it.

I remember Rob Jones going absolutely nuts at Andy after the 2nd, I'm not sure it was all that helpful really.

The derbies that season were a total **** show in the league. 2-0 up and drew 2-2 at ER, 2-0 down, got back to 2-2 and lost 3-2 at Christmas, beaten 1 nil by a late goal at ER then that 2-0 game at Tynecastle.

The LC game was good though.

JXM73
26-08-2021, 02:18 PM
First off I'd bin the away season tickets in favour of a loyalty points system, those in the AST would of course get a bump in points for starters as their loyalty should be rewarded...might stop those that sell their tickets and dont go to to away games bar the obvious...

Failing that ballot would be fair...

RyeSloan
26-08-2021, 02:55 PM
First off I'd bin the away season tickets in favour of a loyalty points system, those in the AST would of course get a bump in points for starters as their loyalty should be rewarded...might stop those that sell their tickets and dont go to to away games bar the obvious...

Failing that ballot would be fair...

Doubt there is a huge market in away tickets bar 3 teams…the AST guys have to buy a ticket for every single league away match so it’s not like it’s a cunning ruse for a second income stream!

I also don’t think a ballot makes sense as how do you exclude those that have no interest in attending? You would need to have some sort of opt in process at the very least.

For a run of the mill derby I also wonder just how many people who want tickets don’t get one…sure there will be a few but I’m minded to think that there is not thousands locked out each time.

nonshinyfinish
26-08-2021, 03:04 PM
I also don’t think a ballot makes sense as how do you exclude those that have no interest in attending? You would need to have some sort of opt in process at the very least.

Isn't that how the reduced-capacity ballots worked earlier this season? You had to apply, they didn't just chuck every ST holder's name in.

RyeSloan
26-08-2021, 03:06 PM
Isn't that how the reduced-capacity ballots worked earlier this season? You had to apply, they didn't just chuck every ST holder's name in.

Ahh that will be why I didn’t get a ticket then [emoji1787][emoji12]

Mikey_1875
26-08-2021, 03:09 PM
It’s not a bad idea but the ballot is pretty inflexible and I wouldn’t be sure how to approach it when applying. For example if I am going in to buy four derby tickets on the current system I would first of all look for four together, then if that was unsuccessful split it into two groups of two, and then down the line until last resort where I just get one ticket for myself. A ballot system wouldn’t let you do that so wouldn’t be sure whether to go for 4 or nothing, or whether a single would be better but sitting on my own unnecessarily. I don’t like the way previous ballot results are drip fed over 24 hours either but that could maybe be rectified.

Loyalty points are definitely the way forward but from a personal point of view i’d keep it the same until we can introduce them. I can get on the internet and have time to purchase during the day though so it’s easier for me to say.

WhileTheChief..
26-08-2021, 03:41 PM
Wait till Budge announces it's £40 a pop, you'll get one no bother.

Diclonius
26-08-2021, 03:44 PM

Good idea!

LaMotta
26-08-2021, 03:47 PM
That was a sore one. Did they not score after about 3 seconds or something? It felt like it.

I remember Rob Jones going absolutely nuts at Andy after the 2nd, I'm not sure it was all that helpful really.

The derbies that season were a total **** show in the league. 2-0 up and drew 2-2 at ER, 2-0 down, got back to 2-2 and lost 3-2 at Christmas, beaten 1 nil by a late goal at ER then that 2-0 game at Tynecastle.

:agree:Thats about the only 2 things I remember from that game. Not even sure we had a shot at goal.

Typical derby season where we should have picked up way more points. First game in total control til Zibby shipped 2 goals. Second game Shiels equaliser back in the game then his mad red card cost us. Third game we were all over them, Hearts got away with murder wrestling Rob Jones at every corner then they snuk a jammy winner. Shambles.

erin go bragh
26-08-2021, 03:47 PM

I’m in the same boat as yourself but went to every one since about 1985
Never once since the loyalty system stopped have I managed to get a ticket online.

Gloucester Hibs
26-08-2021, 03:52 PM

Was at that one.

When I lived in England it definitely seemed beneficial with regards the PBS online ticket scramble as I never seemed to have an issue getting tickets. Not sure if it had something to do with the Ticketmaster server location?

GreenCastle
28-08-2021, 05:38 PM
Any news on when they go on sale ? Prices and will we get full stand or will the lower corners still be taped off?!

TamHibs
28-08-2021, 05:40 PM
Any news on when they go on sale ? Prices and will we get full stand or will the lower corners still be taped off?!

The ticket office still have no idea themselves if we are getting any tickets let alone whether or not we’ll get the full stand.

SteveHFC
28-08-2021, 05:44 PM
The ticket office still have no idea themselves if we are getting any tickets let alone whether or not we’ll get the full stand.

Hopefully we will hear something this week.

wookie70
28-08-2021, 06:00 PM
Ridiculous that we haven't heard about tickets yet. The clubs and councils really seem to be taking the P out of supporters.

Cod Boy
28-08-2021, 06:25 PM
It will be 1400 for Hibs as the subs sitting in the stand is set to continue

Tully
28-08-2021, 06:52 PM
So after away season ticket holders corporate sponsors and players there will be roughly 750 ish on public sale

Diclonius
28-08-2021, 06:59 PM

I'll send a picture of my ticket stub in, two tickets for the derby please Hibs. :aok:

TamHibs
28-08-2021, 07:02 PM

I’m not 100% sure that’ll be the case, I think it’s more likely they may restrict walk up fans as they’ll, like us, be able to accommodate those fans affected by the red zone in their own 3 stands.

I can’t see them giving us half a stand as they’d likely have that reciprocated in the New Year Derby and they won’t want that either.

Billy Whizz
28-08-2021, 07:19 PM
I’m not 100% sure that’ll be the case, I think it’s more likely they may restrict walk up fans as they’ll, like us, be able to accommodate those fans affected by the red zone in their own 3 stands.

I can’t see them giving us half a stand as they’d likely have that reciprocated in the New Year Derby and they won’t want that either.

The less they give Hibs, the more segregation they have. I’m sure confident we’ll the full Roseburn, less the Sky Box situated somewhere in our end

TamHibs
28-08-2021, 07:20 PM
The less they give Hibs, the more segregation they have. I’m sure confident we’ll the full Roseburn, less the Sky Box situated somewhere in our end

I agree mate, genuinely can’t see us getting anything other than the usual allocation

Dashing Bob S
28-08-2021, 07:21 PM
The Hearts ground holds, what 16,000?

Glory Lurker
28-08-2021, 07:23 PM
I'm no going. Terrible place.

Logie Green
28-08-2021, 10:00 PM
Someone on one of the Kickback threads said they had asked at hertz ticket office and was told we’d get the full Roseburn stand.

CentreLine
28-08-2021, 10:21 PM
“Hearts stay top and go nine games unbeaten”. That’s Banderson”s latest wind up headline in the Scotsman. I’m not sure why we are turning up at all, a week on Saturday, they’ve got this league sewn up already. 😏

29-08-2021, 05:16 AM

Sounds fair.

Bristolhibby
29-08-2021, 07:45 AM

Good point.

J

Bristolhibby
29-08-2021, 07:48 AM

That Christmas one was my last visit to Tynecastle. IIRC it was general sale (I’m obviously not a ST holder).

J

EH6 Hibby
30-08-2021, 01:49 AM
Have they been on sale and sold out already? Someone on Facebook said they went on sale at midnight and sold out in half an hour. Haven’t seen anyone saying they even knew when they were going on sale on here, there’s usually a thread with running commentary about having problems logging in and people saying they’ve got there’s.

FilipinoHibs
30-08-2021, 02:08 AM
Have they been on sale and sold out already? Someone on Facebook said they went on sale at midnight and sold out in half an hour. Haven’t seen anyone saying they even knew when they were going on sale on here, there’s usually a thread with running commentary about having problems logging in and people saying they’ve got there’s.

Think was a windup.

EH6 Hibby
30-08-2021, 02:32 AM
Think was a windup.

I asked where she got the information from and she said she bought hers at 2 minutes past midnight. Seen her posts before and she doesn’t seem the wind up merchant type.

Since90+2
30-08-2021, 05:47 AM

No.

Hermit Crab
30-08-2021, 05:55 AM

Yeah, and the moon is made of cheese....

EH6 Hibby
30-08-2021, 06:55 AM
Aye looks like it was a wind up. Absolutely side splittingly hilarious.

Sir David Gray
30-08-2021, 06:56 AM
I asked where she got the information from and she said she bought hers at 2 minutes past midnight. Seen her posts before and she doesn’t seem the wind up merchant type.

Definite wind up.

hibbysam
30-08-2021, 07:34 AM
Just under 20k it holds, less a couple of hundred for the ‘red zone’ - and 3500 in the away end. Would leave around 15/16k hearts, they have 12k season tickets holders so still plenty to give to general sale. Can’t see it being anything other than a full stand either.

Hermit Crab
30-08-2021, 10:49 AM
Just under 20k it holds, less a couple of hundred for the ‘red zone’ - and 3500 in the away end. Would leave around 15/16k hearts, they have 12k season tickets holders so still plenty to give to general sale. Can’t see it being anything other than a full stand either.

They've not put tickets on sale yet either. Hopefully we hear something by the end of the week.

Diclonius
30-08-2021, 10:51 AM
I imagine this is going to be paper tickets given how little time there will be to send them out.

TamHibs
30-08-2021, 10:52 AM
They've not put tickets on sale yet either. Hopefully we hear something by the end of the week.

I’ve heard we should hopefully hear something from Hearts by Wednesday.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2021, 12:15 PM
“Hearts stay top and go nine games unbeaten”. That’s Banderson”s latest wind up headline in the Scotsman. I’m not sure why we are turning up at all, a week on Saturday, they’ve got this league sewn up already. 😏

I'm not sure why anyone would be turning up a week on Saturday.

Keith_M
30-08-2021, 12:26 PM
Would people successful in any potential ballot be happy to miss out on the second derby at tynie? I’d rather it was done in the usual way, a ballot could end up with a load of fans not creating any atmosphere.

I think that's unlikely.

For games like that,the atmosphere takes care of itself

Iggy Pope
30-08-2021, 02:22 PM
It’s old news, but the first Scottish Cup game I had missed in 36 years was the 2017 tie at Tynie, right about the time LOYALTY POINTS (ssssh) were quashed and we went back to the lottery frenzy of online application with no public ticket office sales.
I said at the time it should be a ballot and discussed it with Dempster at the time. She gave me a lot of pish.

Everyone that wants to be at a Derby can’t be at the Derby. Make it a fair draw for everyone that does.

(And before the ASTs come booting in, yes you should absolutely come first. One each).

weecounty hibby
30-08-2021, 02:36 PM
Agree with the folk who are saying it should be a ballot like the Ross County game. I have been to Tinycastle quite a few times but when it is during work hours and tickets go within about half an hour I have no chance of getting one as I just can't get logged on. ASTs obvs get theirs

Slim Shady
30-08-2021, 03:22 PM
£31 per adult for a visit to this ****hole. Still can’t miss it - and would be priceless to watch us win!

Billy Whizz
30-08-2021, 03:31 PM
£31 per adult for a visit to this ****hole. Still can’t miss it - and would be priceless to watch us win!

Probably £31 upper and £29 lower tier. It’s a disgrace they cal this a 2 tier stand

Brightside
30-08-2021, 03:36 PM
Surely nobody will want to go at that price.

GreenCastle
30-08-2021, 03:39 PM

Top 2 in the league - 1st derby at PBS since December 2019.

I think tickets will be very hard to get. They could probably charge £40 and folk would go.

Hibs90
30-08-2021, 03:51 PM
Tickets in the 'upper' section priced at £31 for adults

ABZHFC
30-08-2021, 04:17 PM

I assume you're making a snide point about a previous thread on the affordability of football. The difference between a Category B home game against Livi and Hearts away is obvious (even though £31 is still disgraceful and it should be capped at £20). It was actually shown by the pretty poor attendance we had on Saturday for a game of sizeable magnitude

Antifa Hibs
30-08-2021, 06:42 PM

Their 'red zone' season ticket holders have already been told they won't be in the Roseburn according to JKB so looking like a full end. Well minus the corner flag blocks and if they decide to put a Sky box in their again.

hibbysam
30-08-2021, 06:45 PM
Their 'red zone' season ticket holders have already been told they won't be in the Roseburn according to JKB so looking like a full end. Well minus the corner flag blocks and if they decide to put a Sky box in their again.

Where was the sky studio for the Celtic game? Slightly different as its bigger attendances now but thought that would be sorted by now.

Antifa Hibs
30-08-2021, 06:53 PM
Where was the sky studio for the Celtic game? Slightly different as its bigger attendances now but thought that would be sorted by now.

Good point. Just checked the highlights and it was in the new main stand, lower tier towards the Gorgie Rd end. No chance its going to be there you'd think.

Hermit Crab
30-08-2021, 08:08 PM
Top 2 in the league - 1st derby at PBS since December 2019.

I think tickets will be very hard to get. They could probably charge £40 and folk would go.

Don't give them any ideas, in a few seasons it won't be kicking the arse of that to be honest.

.Sean.
30-08-2021, 08:20 PM
Seriously? This will be sold out the morning they go on sale on

Brightside
30-08-2021, 08:44 PM
Seriously? This will be sold out the morning they go on sale on

I was reflecting on recent chat on here about our own prices.

Hibs90
30-08-2021, 09:47 PM

For a game v Livingston.

This is an Edinburgh Derby, a top of the table one at that.

Stuart93
30-08-2021, 10:14 PM

A strange post. It’s non comparable.

A game at tynie vs hearts isn’t the same as a home game against Livingston. But you already know that.

hibbysam
31-08-2021, 07:03 AM
A strange post. It’s non comparable.

A game at tynie vs hearts isn’t the same as a home game against Livingston. But you already know that.

But it’s still far higher than folk were making out theyd spend and expect others to protest regarding - even for cat A.

The Modfather
31-08-2021, 08:28 AM
But it’s still far higher than folk were making out theyd spend and expect others to protest regarding - even for cat A.

What’s being argued here? Scottish football, and most Hibs games, is overpriced and has been for decades IMO. Derbies are the most desirable fixtures for fans. The Livingston game was overpriced & the Derby is overpriced. Is that not about the long and short of it?

hibbysam
31-08-2021, 10:21 AM
What’s being argued here? Scottish football, and most Hibs games, is overpriced and has been for decades IMO. Derbies are the most desirable fixtures for fans. The Livingston game was overpriced & the Derby is overpriced. Is that not about the long and short of it?

One - people were being actively encouraged not to attend, while the other is accepted that people will turn up and pay. Nobody will be saying ‘I hope the Roseburn stand is empty’ at the derby, or ‘we should boycott/protest at the derby’ - while that was the message from some last week.

wookie70
31-08-2021, 10:45 AM
Not too long before this game and still no news on tickets. Why are clubs and councils taking so long to sort this.

TamHibs
31-08-2021, 10:46 AM
Not too long before this game and still no news on tickets. Why are clubs and councils taking so long to sort this.

I’d expect to hear something soon. AST money will be taken tomorrow.

Hermit Crab
31-08-2021, 10:47 AM

On sale at end of the week, if not then Monday, thats my guess going by the AST email we got yesterday.

davhibby
31-08-2021, 11:48 AM

Councils have nothing to do with it now. Pre covid they’d normally have gone on sale around Wednesday or something. There’s no problem if they go on sale before the weekend

Ringothedog
31-08-2021, 12:04 PM
On sale at end of the week, if not then Monday, thats my guess going by the AST email we got yesterday.

I would probably say earlier and go for this Friday, I will be wrong as usual.

Hermit Crab
31-08-2021, 07:38 PM
Think we are only getting 1200 tickets for this. Red zone getting moved to Roseburn stand.

From a hearts supporting mate.

JXM73
31-08-2021, 07:48 PM
Think we are only getting 1200 tickets for this. Red zone getting moved to Roseburn stand.

Subs going behind the goal?

Hermit Crab
31-08-2021, 08:42 PM
Subs going behind the goal?

Displaced home fans.

Cod Boy
31-08-2021, 08:45 PM

I wouldn’t admit having a one of them

TamHibs
31-08-2021, 08:52 PM

We’re getting the full end. One of my mates who sits in the “red zone” has been moved 16 rows back in the same section instead.

Looks like they will be restricting walk ups for their own fans instead.

hibbysam
31-08-2021, 09:21 PM

Again, would expect that reciprocated if that was indeed to happen.

3pm
31-08-2021, 09:23 PM
Whole place is a red zone.

Hiber-nation
31-08-2021, 09:24 PM

I've no idea what the red zone is but he's winding you up, my jambo neighbour says we're definitely getting the whole end.

Hibernian Verse
01-09-2021, 08:59 AM
I've no idea what the red zone is but he's winding you up, my jambo neighbour says we're definitely getting the whole end.

The Red Zone is the area behind the dugouts to protect the players/coaching staff. We must be putting our subs in the goals at the Roseburn for the duration of the match if the red zone is being moved there.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2021, 09:02 AM

That came for a hearts STH, maybe he's wrong but it is not an intended wind up on my part. Just passing on what I was told. Hopefully Hibs release ticket info soon.

Cod Boy
01-09-2021, 09:41 AM
Potential restrictions getting announced this afternoon could scupper any tickets for away fans

Hermit Crab
01-09-2021, 09:45 AM
Potential restrictions getting announced this afternoon could scupper any tickets for away fans

Don't see how mate. Home fans less risk than away fans? :dunno:

Cod Boy
01-09-2021, 09:47 AM
Don't see how mate. Home fans less risk than away fans? :dunno:

Could go back to limiting the crowds to 5000 mate I hope not but nothing would suprise me with the government.

Billy Whizz
01-09-2021, 09:48 AM
Could go back to limiting the crowds to 5000 mate I hope not but nothing would suprise me with the government.

Wouldn’t shed a tear, would cost Hearts almost £175k in lost revenue

Hermit Crab
01-09-2021, 09:49 AM
Wouldn’t shed a tear, would cost Hearts almost £175k in lost revenue

**** that Billy, I want to go to the game.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2021, 09:50 AM

Baws, forgot about that. Hope it doesn't happen. They'd have to pull that TRNSMT festival this weekend as well surely. Tens of thousands of folk descending on Glasgow green over 3 days.

TamHibs
01-09-2021, 09:51 AM

Is there something scheduled? I can’t see anything from Sturgeon or the SNP with a scheduled update?

Cod Boy
01-09-2021, 09:56 AM
Is there something scheduled? I can’t see anything from Sturgeon or the SNP with a scheduled update?

A briefing this afternoon regarding covid

Ringothedog
01-09-2021, 10:18 AM

This is just a normal weekly update to parliament. There will be no changes or restrictions. It will be a reminder of our responsibilities I.e masks, cleaning hands, getting vaccinated etc

Brightside
01-09-2021, 10:31 AM
For the first time in years I’m not bothered about going. The place is disgusting. Streams of pish everywhere. Young team steaming. Sectarian signing. And everyone riddled with Covid.

Ringothedog
01-09-2021, 10:33 AM
For the first time in years I’m not bothered about going. The place is disgusting. Streams of pish everywhere. Young team steaming. Sectarian signing. And everyone riddled with Covid.

That’s a good summation of Hearts fans

Hermit Crab
01-09-2021, 10:58 AM

Lol. You must not have went to a game in the 70s or 80s when everything you posted above bar covid was a regular match day thing.

Diclonius
01-09-2021, 11:14 AM
I suspect we're going to be back down to half capacity and no away fans for a wee while.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2021, 11:20 AM
I suspect we're going to be back down to half capacity and no away fans for a wee while.

Based on what? :confused:

Antifa Hibs
01-09-2021, 11:40 AM
Plenty red-zone season ticket holders on JKB have already been moved and so far not one has been moved to the Roseburn.

Billy Whizz
01-09-2021, 12:14 PM
Plenty red-zone season ticket holders on JKB have already been moved and so far not one has been moved to the Roseburn.

Hearts only putting 500 tickets on public sale for home fans

Ringothedog
01-09-2021, 12:33 PM
Based on what? :confused:

Nothing

seanshow
01-09-2021, 01:28 PM
surely after the last 18 months both teams will want to extract maximum profit from the respective away fans, full stand for each.

Circle of doom or countdown clock let the ticket scramble commence. :rolleyes:

hibbyfraelibby
01-09-2021, 01:41 PM

A ticket is only ever over priced if there is no demand for it and it doesn't sell.

hibbyfraelibby
01-09-2021, 01:43 PM

So the Hearts subs are going to sit in amongst the Hibs fans?

Ringothedog
01-09-2021, 01:43 PM
surely after the last 18 months both teams will want to extract maximum profit from the respective away fans, full stand for each.

Circle of doom or countdown clock let the ticket scramble commence. :rolleyes:

No away fans would impact us more than them, they would comfortably sell out their 4 stands at tynecastle whereas I don’t think we would at Easter Road.

Billy Whizz
01-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Edinburgh Live saying we’re getting full Roseburn, and a hearts getting full South stand at ER, for the new year derby

hibbyfraelibby
01-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Whole place is a red zone.

I suppose Pink is a shade of Red...just a bit bleached out by the sun😉

Hibby70
01-09-2021, 01:45 PM
Edinburgh Live saying we’re getting full Roseburn, and a hearts getting full South stand at ER, for the new year derby

As it should always be.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2021, 01:48 PM
Good news.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210901/ef221da8b498a5a4232140c5b3b621d7.jpg

Hibby70
01-09-2021, 01:56 PM
Good news.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210901/ef221da8b498a5a4232140c5b3b621d7.jpg
Laughing at the wee face with glasses peeking out bottom left

Brightside
01-09-2021, 02:12 PM
Depends how quickly vax passports come in.

jeffers
01-09-2021, 02:13 PM
Sorry if already covered but has it been announced when they go on sale ?

Ringothedog
01-09-2021, 02:14 PM
Money just taken

H18 SFR
01-09-2021, 02:16 PM
I wonder if this game will be the first under the new covid passport rules.

CallumLaidlaw
01-09-2021, 02:21 PM
I wonder if this game will be the first under the new covid passport rules.

I’d guess it’ll be from something like 1st October like down south.

CB_NO3
01-09-2021, 02:26 PM
Money just taken

Much?

Hermit Crab
01-09-2021, 02:39 PM
Much?

£31

Oscar T Grouch
01-09-2021, 02:41 PM
Looks like I am upper tier, £31 taken from my account. Funnily enough I never got an email about it. Still cannae complain :greengrin

Hermit Crab
01-09-2021, 02:44 PM
Looks like I am upper tier, £31 taken from my account. Funnily enough I never got an email about it. Still cannae complain :greengrin

Lynn said she'd refund the difference if you requested the lower section. I emailed her twice about moving to the lower but never heard back from her and have had £31 taken but I'm sure she will have picked up the email and it will be changed.

Cod Boy
01-09-2021, 02:47 PM
Lynn said she'd refund the difference if you requested the lower section. I emailed her twice about moving to the lower but never heard back from her and have had £31 taken but I'm sure she will have picked up the email and it will be changed.

Hopefully see you there if I’m successful in the scramble

Oscar T Grouch
01-09-2021, 02:53 PM

Ah cool, happy enough with the upper. The email actually landed in my Spam folder, I noticed it came from AwayST and not Lynn's own email this time. Probably see you there G.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2021, 02:53 PM
Hopefully see you there if I’m successful in the scramble

Full allocation so you should be ok. :aok:

Ringothedog
01-09-2021, 03:07 PM
Much?

£31 a ticket

SteveHFC
01-09-2021, 11:36 PM
Money taken.

:aok:

Hermit Crab
02-09-2021, 05:41 AM
Money taken.

:aok:

Money was taken around 3pm yesterday mate. Keep up :greengrin

Diclonius
02-09-2021, 09:15 AM
324bno2i3jhb2po b3tyj just announce the tickets Hibs

Hiber-nation
02-09-2021, 09:19 AM

What does this mean? Or is it just me missing the point because I am old :confused:

Pagan Hibernia
02-09-2021, 09:26 AM
No away fans would impact us more than them, they would comfortably sell out their 4 stands at tynecastle whereas I don’t think we would at Easter Road.

I suppose that’s to be expected when they’ve got a wee stadium with less than 20,000 seats

TamHibs
02-09-2021, 09:36 AM

I believe there should be an announcement today and tickets on sale tomorrow for STH

Diclonius
02-09-2021, 09:38 AM
I believe there should be an announcement today and tickets on sale tomorrow for STH

Good stuff.

Hermit Crab
02-09-2021, 11:22 AM
AST holders have now been allocated rows and seats so I’d expect the remaining tickets to go on sale tomorrow or Monday at the very very latest.

Carheenlea
02-09-2021, 11:29 AM
Apologies if highlighted earlier, but just out of interest how many away ST’s do we have?

Be handy to know how many will be available for purchase before the scramble commences!

Oscar T Grouch
02-09-2021, 12:20 PM
Apologies if highlighted earlier, but just out of interest how many away ST’s do we have?

Be handy to know how many will be available for purchase before the scramble commences!

Not many, I think it is around 350 in total, the only allocations it really effects is celtc and huns games where we get 900 tickets

Hermit Crab
02-09-2021, 12:29 PM

Club sponsors get their share of tickets as well. Don’t know how many there are though.

Hermit Crab
02-09-2021, 12:33 PM
Having a clear out and found some old tickets. Look at the price differences. Ones from premier league in 2008 and one from the championship in 2014.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210902/a5e4218dc084b55e8b75194674e281b0.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210902/0b97d03d7ab6a4d396ab12b69ef6549b.jpg

oneone73
02-09-2021, 12:35 PM
Having a clear out and found some old tickets. Look at the price differences. Ones from premier league in 2008 and one from the championship in 2014.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210902/a5e4218dc084b55e8b75194674e281b0.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210902/0b97d03d7ab6a4d396ab12b69ef6549b.jpg

Was the 2008 one the Casper game? Seem to recall that's why there were so few of us there.

Hermit Crab
02-09-2021, 12:37 PM
Was the 2008 one the Casper game? Seem to recall that's why there were so few of us there.

Not that game. Casper was a midweek game.

SteveHFC
02-09-2021, 12:42 PM
AST holders have now been allocated rows and seats so I’d expect the remaining tickets to go on sale tomorrow or Monday at the very very latest.

Must be every AST is in Block J for the game :aok:

Sir David Gray
02-09-2021, 12:52 PM

No, Hearts won that one 1-0, Velicka scored.

Billy Whizz
02-09-2021, 01:21 PM

Roseburn Seating plan layout, with block numbers

Ringothedog
02-09-2021, 01:38 PM

You would have thought we would have got section K which is right in the middle as well as butlers serving drink throughout the 90 minutes . It’s what all AST holders deserve

SteveHFC
02-09-2021, 01:44 PM
You would have thought we would have got section K which is right in the middle as well as butlers serving drink throughout the 90 minutes . It’s what all AST holders deserve

Agreed. :wink:

gbhibby
02-09-2021, 03:11 PM
:casper::casper::casper::casper::casper::casper::c asper:

niddriehibs32
02-09-2021, 03:16 PM
Are we actually getting a full allocation this time or will the bottom 2 corners of the stand be unavailable due to Hearts fans being unable to control themselves?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
02-09-2021, 03:54 PM

Most of Section K is reserved for sponsors and players/staff families etc. As far as I’m aware anyway.

Hermit Crab
02-09-2021, 03:54 PM
Are we actually getting a full allocation this time or will the bottom 2 corners of the stand be unavailable due to Hearts fans being unable to control themselves?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Won’t know that until the tickets go on sale.

Diclonius
02-09-2021, 03:58 PM
Where's the drum planning on going this time? Top of the stand as before?

TamHibs
02-09-2021, 04:35 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hearts-away-ticket-information

JXM73
02-09-2021, 04:38 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hearts-away-ticket-information

Joining the online queue now then...

TamHibs
02-09-2021, 04:39 PM
Joining the online queue now then...

There is no mention of it just being STH who can apply or if there is a transaction limit (4 per person linked to 4 separate client refs)

Seems like a rushed out notification which is bizarre considering how long we’ve had the allocation confirmed lol

S4uzee
02-09-2021, 04:41 PM
There is no mention of it just being STH who can apply or if there is a transaction limit (4 per person linked to 4 separate client refs)

Seems like a rushed out notification which is bizarre considering how long we’ve had the allocation confirmed lol

Thought exactly the same. Surely STH only

Billy Whizz
02-09-2021, 04:43 PM
Thought exactly the same. Surely STH only

It has to be for STH only

Mikey_1875
02-09-2021, 04:47 PM
Season ticket holders can purchase 1 ticket per client reference number to a maximum of 6 per transaction

Article amended now

Ozyhibby
02-09-2021, 04:47 PM
I don’t have a season ticket this year for the first time in a long time so will def be trying to get a couple but I really hope this is an error. It devalues the season ticket if those who bought one don’t get first crack. It’s why I was against loyalty points. The season ticket is the clubs number 1 source of income and anything that devalues that is a bad thing in my book.

Hibby70
02-09-2021, 04:48 PM
Thank god I'm working from home!

Ozyhibby
02-09-2021, 04:49 PM
I don’t have a season ticket this year for the first time in a long time so will def be trying to get a couple but I really hope this is an error. It devalues the season ticket if those who bought one don’t get first crack. It’s why I was against loyalty points. The season ticket is the clubs number 1 source of income and anything that devalues that is a bad thing in my book.

See it’s amended now. Good.

JohnMcM
02-09-2021, 04:53 PM
Season ticket holders can purchase 1 ticket per client reference number to a maximum of 6 per transaction

Article amended now

Does this mean a single STH can purchase up to six tickets with just one client number, or is it 6 different client numbers? Thanks.

Billy Whizz
02-09-2021, 04:54 PM
Does this mean a single STH can purchase up to six tickets with just one client number, or is it 6 different client numbers? Thanks.

You’ll need 6 client ref numbers, all STH, and all in your network

TamHibs

Six different client references needed mate

JimBHibees

Would need 6 reference numbers. 1 per client reference number.

Hibby70
02-09-2021, 04:57 PM
You’ll need 6 client ref numbers, all STH, and all in your network

Do the ticket types have to match the ST holder? Eg can you only assign a child ticket to a child ST holders number?

TamHibs
02-09-2021, 04:57 PM
Do the ticket types have to match the ST holder? Eg can you only assign a child ticket to a child ST holders number?

It never used to be locked to the ticket type

Sir David Gray
02-09-2021, 05:00 PM
Won’t know that until the tickets go on sale.

No mention of the allocation - assuming it must be the full Roseburn.

JohnMcM
02-09-2021, 05:01 PM
Billy Whiz, Tam Hibs, JimBHibees ( and anyone else who is kind enough to answer me) - thanks for your answers:aok:

Billy Whizz
02-09-2021, 05:09 PM
Billy Whiz, Tam Hibs, JimBHibees ( and anyone else who is kind enough to answer me) - thanks for your answers:aok:

Make sure you add the client ref numbers into your network ASAP

Hermit Crab
02-09-2021, 05:15 PM
No mention of the allocation - assuming it must be the full Roseburn.

They might block off a few seats in each corner. Blocking off both sections in H and M is overkill to be honest and hearts loss financially.

GreenCastle
03-09-2021, 06:32 AM
Why do Hibs put these on sale at 10am?

Such an awkward time if you are working.

I know not everyone works 9-5pm or even works but surely a large amount of the fan base find it hard to access tickets at this time?

They could even have put some on sale 10am and some on sale 7pm or tomorrow.

Hermit Crab
03-09-2021, 06:34 AM
Is this the first real major test for the new ticketing system then? Hopefully it doesn’t descend into the usual chaos with folk getting timed out and errors on the pages etc. Good luck to all those going for tickets.

Diclonius
03-09-2021, 07:45 AM
Queuing system hasn't started yet.

SON OF PADDY
03-09-2021, 08:06 AM
Take it is on the eticketing site,only asking as there's nothing on it yet ?

TamHibs
03-09-2021, 08:16 AM

It’s not 10am yet?

Carheenlea
03-09-2021, 08:23 AM
It’s not 10am yet?

Yes, but a few will be wanting to know they are in the correct page. Hoping I’m on the right one myself! (eticketing)

Hibernian Verse
03-09-2021, 08:23 AM
Is this the first real major test for the new ticketing system then? Hopefully it doesn’t descend into the usual chaos with folk getting timed out and errors on the pages etc. Good luck to all those going for tickets.

I do wonder how many of those "getting timed out" etc are just impatient and start clicking buttons.

Diclonius
03-09-2021, 08:26 AM
Queue still not in operation.

SON OF PADDY
03-09-2021, 08:26 AM
Yes, but a few will be wanting to know they are in the correct page. Hoping I’m on the right one myself! (eticketing)

Exactly my point, thanks for that. 👍

JohnMcM
03-09-2021, 08:28 AM
I’m on the page with the Hearts v Hibs, preview and tickets buttons, is that the correct page please?

TamHibs
03-09-2021, 08:29 AM
I’m on the page with the Hearts v Hibs, preview and tickets buttons, is that the correct page please?

No, you need to click on buy tickets in the top bar (will depend on whether your on PC or phone as to where the buy tickets button appears)

That will then take you to the ticket site

Hibernian Verse
03-09-2021, 08:31 AM
No queue yet which is surprising.

JohnMcM
03-09-2021, 08:32 AM
No, you need to click on buy tickets in the top bar (will depend on whether your on PC or phone as to where the buy tickets button appears)

That will then take you to the ticket site

Thanks, that’s helpful ,,,,, again!:greengrin

SON OF PADDY
That's me in the queue now,37 in front of me !😊🙏🙏🙏

mvteng
No queue yet which is surprising.

Queue started now

Hibby70
03-09-2021, 08:33 AM
That's me in the queue now,37 in front of me !😊🙏🙏🙏

I'm right behind you on 38

Hibernian Verse
03-09-2021, 08:33 AM
Queue started now

I'm still queueless even when refreshing...does that mean I'm in :confused:

JXM73
03-09-2021, 08:34 AM
Queue up was trying to log in ahead of 10am rush....

Hermit Crab
03-09-2021, 08:35 AM

Phones as well.

Won’t show online until 10am after the queue let’s you in.

ABZHFC
03-09-2021, 08:35 AM
Can anyone link to the page where the queue is? I'm going around from thing to thing on eTicketing and not getting a queue

St Pauli Hibee
03-09-2021, 08:36 AM
Queue Started 374 in line

AL-Qaholik
03-09-2021, 08:37 AM
Where is the queue? Nothing showing on mine.

JXM73
Can anyone link to the page where the queue is? I'm going around from thing to thing on eTicketing and not getting a queue

Have you logged in then selected buy tickets, might need to log out then back in 🙄

ABZHFC
https://ticketmastersportuk.queue-it.net/?c=ticketmastersportuk&e=hibernianfc&ver=fastly-vcl-1.0&cver=0&t=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eticketing.co.uk%2Fhibernianfc %2F

This is to join

Hermit Crab

Same. Can’t find a queue.

St Pauli Hibee
03-09-2021, 08:38 AM
Where is the queue? Nothing showing on mine.

Hibs ticketing website, Go through main website, buy tickets, log-in & queueing system will begin

Hibernian Verse

I've been refreshing since 9 :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw

Try clearing cache and cookies

Gloucester Hibs
03-09-2021, 08:39 AM

I'm the same!

Hibernian Verse
03-09-2021, 08:40 AM
Try clearing cache and cookies

Don't do that Hermit as you'll lose your place in the website.

BlackSheep
03-09-2021, 08:41 AM
Im in the queue.

Note: I had been refreshing since 8.30am.... just kept me looking at all the other games... So i tried on my phone at 9.30am and voila... in the queue.... used the link to transfer to my computer and here i am... 393 folk ahead of me.

Diclonius
03-09-2021, 08:49 AM
1225 ahead of me. Looks like I'm ****ed.

Irish_Steve
03-09-2021, 08:50 AM
Joined the queue at 09:45 - now 949 in the queue, doesn't look good

SON OF PADDY
I'm right behind you on 38

Fingers crossed mate 🤞

Helensburghhibs
Im in the queue.

Note: I had been refreshing since 8.30am.... just kept me looking at all the other games... So i tried on my phone at 9.30am and voila... in the queue.... used the link to transfer to my computer and here i am... 393 folk ahead of me.

Sounds like you were In and you left so then had to join the que to get back in. You should have just stayed where you were?

BlackSheep
03-09-2021, 08:52 AM
So strange that the website didn't seem to work until i logged in on my phone though.... wasted an hour refreshing on my desktop... still 393 in the queue, should be ok.

We have full allocation don't we... 3500?

Hibernian Verse
Sounds like you were In and you left so then had to join the que to get back in. You should have just stayed where you were?

This. You don't HAVE to be in the queue if you are browsing the website.

It's like a queue outside a shop...the queue only goes outside when enough people are in already.

Pretty Boy
639 in front of me in the queue. Think I'm in the danger zone:greengrin

JXM73
03-09-2021, 08:53 AM
1225 ahead of me. Looks like I'm ****ed.

You'll be fine, a lot will be using multiple devices....

BlackSheep
03-09-2021, 08:54 AM

Nope didn't leave at all.... refreshed the main ticketing page over and over... no windows or tabs closed.

Im not trying to have a go at anyone or the club or even ticketmaster, im just pointing out that the queuing system was a strange on this morning.... ive queued for every home game that's used the queuing system this year and have always refreshed over and over until the queue started and not had an issue.

BlackSheep
03-09-2021, 08:55 AM
This. You don't HAVE to be in the queue if you are browsing the website.

It's like a queue outside a shop...the queue only goes outside when enough people are in already.

Thats not correct in these terms... if you want an analogy, its like the doors to the shop being closed and folk queuing up outside to get in when it does open.

Hibernian Verse
03-09-2021, 08:57 AM
Got my 3.

It's open now.

Helensburghhibs
03-09-2021, 08:58 AM
Nope didn't leave at all.... refreshed the main ticketing page over and over... no windows or tabs closed.

Im not trying to have a go at anyone or the club or even ticketmaster, im just pointing out that the queuing system was a strange on this morning.... ive queued for every home game that's used the queuing system this year and have always refreshed over and over until the queue started and not had an issue.

No but when you changed device it seen you as a new customer

BlackSheep
03-09-2021, 08:58 AM
Got my 3.

It's open now.

Did you queue?

Helensburghhibs
03-09-2021, 08:59 AM
Thats not correct in these terms... if you want an analogy, its like the doors to the shop being closed and folk queuing up outside to get in when it does open.

That's not accurate, the que is for access to the website not the hearts tickets. The website doesn't close

Hibernian Verse

I was refreshing from 9am, didn't have a queue and got tickets at 9.57. So my analogy was correct.

BlackSheep
No but when you changed device it seen you as a new customer

Nope again.... ticketmaster uses Queue ID so you can transfer your place in the queue to a different device.

ABZHFC
03-09-2021, 09:00 AM
Purchased before 10am, had a tab open since 9:15am where I wasn't in any queue, refreshed it at 9:57am and got my ticket

Hibernian Verse
03-09-2021, 09:01 AM
Nope again.... ticketmaster uses Queue ID so you can transfer your place in the queue to a different device.

You're not going to accept defeat on this. You were literally "in" the website. You then used your queue from your phone, your laptop or other device was already in the website. I know because I was too.

BlackSheep
That's not accurate, the que is for access to the website not the hearts tickets. The website doesn't close

So explain this.... if i try to login to the website on a ANOTHER new device, why does it put me in a queue?

The queue is to access the site. The queue is to stop the overall site traffic from causing a site crash.

Gloucester Hibs
I was refreshing from 9am, didn't have a queue and got tickets at 9.57. So my analogy was correct.

Think you just got lucky, I was "in" the site from 9am same as you but got punted out at 9:50! Back of the queue!

BlackSheep
You're not going to accept defeat on this. You were literally "in" the website. You then used your queue from your phone, your laptop or other device was already in the website. I know because I was too.

Fair enough, i should have waited.

Hibernian Verse
03-09-2021, 09:02 AM
Think you just got lucky, I was "in" the site from 9am same as you but got punted out at 9:50! Back of the queue!

That's very bad luck. See ABZ post above too...refreshing should've kept you in.

Irish_Steve
03-09-2021, 09:02 AM
Purchased before 10am, had a tab open since 9:15am where I wasn't in any queue, refreshed it at 9:57am and got my ticket

How can you buy tickets before they were released?