PDA

View Full Version : Announcement hibs.net Asks: Joelle Murray

Vault Boy
24-08-2021, 05:33 PM

We're looking forward to continuing our podcast (hibs.pod (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGY7PsEIgxH05hMqutx_UCg)) following an extended off-season break by introducing our fourth guest - Hibernian Women's captain, Joelle Murray!

As ever, this thread presents the opportunity for you to contribute any questions, comments, or themes you would like to see covered in the upcoming episode. This interview will be recorded on Thursday morning, so please note that any submissions posted after midnight on Wednesday won't be seen.

Fire away. :aok:

Eyrie
24-08-2021, 06:56 PM
Has your relationship with your team mates changed now that you're also a coach?

JimBHibees
24-08-2021, 07:15 PM
What are the teams goals for the season?

How has the team changed from last season?

How are you looking forward to playing at Almondvale?

24-08-2021, 07:21 PM
I enjoy your match analysis on Hibs TV, would you consider becoming a pundit after you retire from playing? (Sportsound etc could do with some Hibs pundits).

What are your plans for when you retire?

matty_f
24-08-2021, 07:55 PM
Not a question, but I’m really looking forward to this - great guest

24-08-2021, 08:49 PM
Who would you like to have as a guest alongside you on "The Match" and why? Pick 1 realistic 1, like an ex-Hibs player and 1 not so realistic, i.e. any celebrity, living or dead.

Vault Boy
24-08-2021, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the input folks, some interesting questions so far. :thumbsup:

Vault Boy
24-08-2021, 10:25 PM
Not a question, but I’m really looking forward to this - great guest

Top man. Joelle is a Hibs legend, no doubt there. 👍

tmb1875
24-08-2021, 10:26 PM
I want to put my 2 girls into football 6/7 year olds when will there be a girls team set up for their age group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
25-08-2021, 02:14 AM
what was the reason the ladies team moved games to Livingston

did Spartans go in the huff for some reason, upping costs or

DaveF
25-08-2021, 07:50 AM
Are you sad to see the ladies game go the same way as the men's, with OF domination likely to be the norm, now that they (and Glasgow city) have such an advantage in terms of funding. Or do you see it as a positive as it gives aspiring young players a pathway to play at the top level.

Pretty Boy
25-08-2021, 08:02 AM
Are you sad to see the ladies game go the same way as the men's, with OF domination likely to be the norm, now that they (and Glasgow city) have such an advantage in terms of funding. Or do you see it as a positive as it gives aspiring young players a pathway to play at the top level.

Gav and I had a chat last night and that's definitely something we were keen to discuss and get a players perspective on.

Some good questions so far on this thread, keep them coming.

lord bunberry
25-08-2021, 08:14 AM
Ask her if she’s happy that all the community foundation teams are having to pay £80 for their kit despite paying more in monthly subs than other teams who get it free. She’s well aware of this issue.

BILLYHIBS
25-08-2021, 08:23 AM
If you could pinpoint one match what game would the highlight of your career to date?

Billy Whizz
25-08-2021, 08:44 AM
Who’s the best player you’ve played against

Brightside
25-08-2021, 11:13 AM
Ask her if she’s happy that all the community foundation teams are having to pay £80 for their kit despite paying more in monthly subs than other teams who get it free. She’s well aware of this issue.

:timebomb: :greengrin

lord bunberry
25-08-2021, 12:07 PM
:timebomb: :greengrin
She runs the girls teams, she must know. :greengrin

25-08-2021, 12:18 PM
How would you feel if the women's matches were under the same scrutiny on social media as the men's?

And, please can you settle am argument. Should Macey have come for the cross for Dundee's 2nd goal? 😀

Brightside
25-08-2021, 01:27 PM
She runs the girls teams, she must know. :greengrin

empty your inbox!

lord bunberry
25-08-2021, 02:22 PM
empty your inbox!
Done.

Bridge hibs
25-08-2021, 05:08 PM
Hibs Women have had some great success over the years with a fair collection of silverware. Things have been more challenging now with clubs in the West becoming stronger due to financial clout. How do you feel about young emerging hibs talent being tempted West and to clubs down South with the lure of more lucrative contracts ?

Don Giovanni
25-08-2021, 05:41 PM
Not a question but please let Joelle know that she has been excellent on Hibs TV :thumbsup:

Vault Boy
26-08-2021, 09:40 AM
Thanks again for the contributions folks, as ever we haven't quoted you directly, but used a lot of these posts to inform the chat. Joelle was excellent, looking forward to sharing it with you.

StevieT
26-08-2021, 10:03 AM
Martin Boyle, by his own admission, has improved so much since joining the club. Would it be fair to ask her who is the most improved player in the ladies team?

Vault Boy
26-08-2021, 10:34 AM
Martin Boyle, by his own admission, has improved so much since joining the club. Would it be fair to ask her who is the most improved player in the ladies team?

Interview is done and dusted I'm afraid! Good question though, one to remember for next time. :aok:

Brightside
26-08-2021, 10:37 AM

Why do Glasgow City have a financial advantage?

Pretty Boy
26-08-2021, 12:27 PM
Thanks again for the contributions folks, as ever we haven't quoted you directly, but used a lot of these posts to inform the chat. Joelle was excellent, looking forward to sharing it with you.

I'd echo this.

I think we got most of the questions on here asked in one guise or another.

Joelle was a brilliant guest. Really engaging, really knowledgeable and extremely passionate about both Hibs and football in general.

DaveF
26-08-2021, 12:42 PM
Why do Glasgow City have a financial advantage?

I dunno, thought they had backing from someone or somewhere?

If that's a load of *****, it won't be the first or last time I've been wrong. I don't pretend to be in the know 🙂

Brightside
26-08-2021, 02:03 PM
I dunno, thought they had backing from someone or somewhere?

If that's a load of *****, it won't be the first or last time I've been wrong. I don't pretend to be in the know 🙂

It's just a question. They don't have any big club backing them but somehow they always manage to bring in the funds to build a strong squad and bring in paid players.

BSEJVT
26-08-2021, 02:39 PM
Possible because Hibs ex Commercial Manager appeared to be more interested and more involved in bringing money into Glasgow City's women's team than she was to Hibs Mens Team?

Leanne didn't get much wrong, but that appointment was a disaster and how she could have failed to see the conflict of interests still escapes me.