PDA

View Full Version : Injury updates

PatHead
23-08-2021, 08:53 AM
Does anyone know of the potential return timescales for any of our injured players. Thought I heard Cadden was back in training but not sure where I heard that.

CMurdoch
23-08-2021, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know of the potential return timescales for any of our injured players. Thought I heard Cadden was back in training but not sure where I heard that.

Off the top of my head

Cadden was on the 2nd last Buzz podcast.
Sure he was speaking about being back at the end of the month.

Hallberg injury was about a month ago so another couple of weeks before he can step things up.
Issue is when will they be ready to play.

Newell was given by the club as a knock from which all we can deduce is it's not major.

Nisbet, called by club as illness depends on whether he has a cold or covid
Connection with McGinn being ill yesterday? Are any other players ill?

Hanlon - 14 day concussion protocol in place? Would see him back for the next game. Hope it's nothing more than the protocol keeping him out.

Doidge we all know about. He was on the latest episode of the Buzz and was speaking about targeting December.

Mackie has been out for 9 months now. Really worried about this kid. No information about his injury or return for a long time

JimBHibees
23-08-2021, 10:43 AM
Off the top of my head

Hallberg injury was about a month ago so another couple of weeks before he can step things up.

Newell was given by the club as a knock from which all we can deduce is it's not major.

Hanlon - 14 day concussion protocol in place? Would see him back for the next game. Hope it's nothing more than the protocol keeping him out.

Doidge we all know about. He was on the latest episode of the Buzz and was speaking about targeting December.

Mackie has been out for 9 months now. Really worried about this kid. No information about his injury or return for a long time

Got to be a concern if Nisbet has Covid and others are now ill. Hopefully a bug is all it is.

JR was saying Cadden back to squad training today though obviously put back if HTC shut.

hibbysam
23-08-2021, 10:47 AM
Off the top of my head

Still can’t get over the fact that Hanlon got his head knock early in the European game, they allowed him to play on, then he played again on the Sunday resulting in them now saying he has concussion. About time football started taking it more serious.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2021, 10:50 AM
McGinn was unwell sunday and had to go off, someone also mentioned Doig had a bug too, but played on.

CMurdoch
23-08-2021, 10:59 AM
Still can’t get over the fact that Hanlon got his head knock early in the European game, they allowed him to play on, then he played again on the Sunday resulting in them now saying he has concussion. About time football started taking it more serious.

The talk on here was that the concussion occurred in a clash with Jordan White in the Ross County game not in the Rijeka game.
at the time I didn't think he would have played in that game and as it turned out it was a costly decision in respect that he was badly missed in Rijeka and yesterday where we had lots of other injuries to contend with.

PatHead
23-08-2021, 11:24 AM
Off the top of my head

Thanks for the update

Viva_Palmeiras
23-08-2021, 11:35 AM

Was it not in Europe that SDG took a head knock, threw up and continued (put in a commanding performance iirc and brought us back from behind maybe even got a goal but I’m early or approaching the age of forgetfulness so could be bs ;) it’s not right.