PDA

View Full Version : Murphy.

Spike Mandela
22-08-2021, 12:56 PM
Bound to be a top wage earner at Hibs. Not been a fan of his since he came to Hibs but was prepared to accept fitness may have been an issue last season.

This season I still don’t see enough. Yes, I can tell he used to be a player and shows signs of his ability from time to time but if he doesn’t have the composure, with his experience, to finish that simple chance what is the point of his big wage? I seem to remember him missing a similar chance in the semi final v StJohnstone.

I really, really want to like him but he’s got to start delivering more imo. Frustrating player.

Hibbyradge
22-08-2021, 12:58 PM
He should have won the game for us, but missed a sitter, again. He's just very good in front of goal.

Blaster
22-08-2021, 12:59 PM
Poor miss today but has been very good so far this season in my opinion

Hibee Mac
22-08-2021, 01:00 PM
It's a funny one, if he scores that he's my MOTM. But he didn't, and he's played a big part in us dropping 2 points. Fine margins

MWHIBBIES
22-08-2021, 01:01 PM
How do you know his wages?

He is a good player, and has been good so far this season. Won us a penalty today. They all miss chances.

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-08-2021, 01:05 PM
Been one of our best players this season...

Did miss a sitter though

bigwheel
22-08-2021, 01:05 PM
Has largely been excellent for us this season , don’t think the OP has got this one right …

Northernhibee
22-08-2021, 01:06 PM
Didn’t come off for him today but not for lack of effort.

Spike Mandela
22-08-2021, 01:07 PM

He is a good player, and has been good so far this season. Won us a penalty today. They all miss chances.

Predictable question, I don’t, but wouldn’t imagine he isn’t near the top end of our wage bracket. Do you disagree?

Chorley Hibee
Didn’t come off for him today but not for lack of effort.

Thought he played well but it was a lazy attempt that should have been buried.

AFKA5814_Hibs
Poor miss today but next week he could be a match winner, just the kind of player he is. Overall a draw was a fair result today its not just his fault we didn't win.

loanheadhibby
22-08-2021, 01:10 PM

Agreed but you have to acknowledge that Murphy misses more than most. Granted he gets in to the position but very poor return of goals from chances.

easty
22-08-2021, 01:17 PM
Should’ve scored. Not the first time.

He’s been good this season though.

Bostonhibby
22-08-2021, 01:17 PM
Very good player who isn't taking chances that come his way.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
22-08-2021, 01:19 PM
It’s probably been said elsewhere but his sitter is on the same level as the misses by Boyle and Scott. All easily convertible.
I didn’t have any other issues with his performance today and he’s been good all season.

Gloucester Hibs
22-08-2021, 01:21 PM
Hibs missed by my reckoning 4 golden chances second half, Murphy’s being the most glaring. Doidge and/or Nisbet playing and we win that game comfortably

easty
22-08-2021, 01:21 PM
It’s probably been said elsewhere but his sitter is on the same level as the misses by Boyle and Scott. All easily convertible.
I didn’t have any other issues with his performance today and he’s been good all season.

Murphy’s chance was a lot easier than Boyles in my opinion

CMurdoch
22-08-2021, 01:24 PM
It's a funny one, if he scores that he's my MOTM. But he didn't, and he's played a big part in us dropping 2 points. Fine margins

I agree. Sadly his chance was the turning point in the game. Needed to take the ball on rather than just shooting which made it easy for the keeper. Very effective player who defenders struggle to stop but not a good finisher when he has time.

Iggy Pope
22-08-2021, 01:31 PM
Murphy’s chance was a lot easier than Boyles in my opinion

In terms of difficulty all three of them were easy.

Callum_62
22-08-2021, 01:33 PM
Murphy is part of our very dangerous attaching threat

Poor miss today but I think he has been very good so far this season

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
22-08-2021, 01:38 PM
We still need more from him. Think he’s been pretty decent this season but he needs to be adding goals.

JammyDoidger
22-08-2021, 01:55 PM
Quality footballer, been superb this season, but similar miss at home to ross county, got to finish those.

Allant1981
22-08-2021, 01:55 PM
Apart from his horrendous attempt at a finish i thought he had a good game

tamig
22-08-2021, 02:00 PM
Murphy has been excellent in almost every game this season. Been like a new player. He missed that easy chance today but not sure how that can be used as justification to question his qualities. Thought he was very good -again- today. Other than the obvious poor miss.

JimBHibees
22-08-2021, 02:36 PM
Murphy has been excellent in almost every game this season. Been like a new player. He missed that easy chance today but not sure how that can be used as justification to question his qualities. Thought he was very good -again- today. Other than the obvious poor miss.

He did and he is an excellent player for us some miss though especially given the time it happened.

B.H.F.C
22-08-2021, 02:42 PM

I didn’t think he was good today. Bad miss, final ball poor and didn’t offer Doig much protection at all.

Think he’s been decent this season but still think we need more from him.

JohnM1875
22-08-2021, 02:42 PM
Poor miss today but has been very good so far this season in my opinion

It's not a one off though, which is more worrying. Missed a similar chance in the semi and in Europe. No idea why he doesn't put his foot through it.

He was quiet today but he's clearly a good player and so far this season has been one of our best performers.

ancient hibee
22-08-2021, 02:49 PM
Wouldn’t be the first player visualising the headlines before kicking the ball.

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2021, 02:55 PM
Now Murphy is fit, he’s one of our best players, and will be if he stays fit. For someone that isn’t particularly quick, he just strolls past players. Miss aside he was one of our better players today, but that was a terrible miss and reminded me of the St Johnstone semi. He could’ve taken a touch and picked his spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnM1875
22-08-2021, 03:00 PM
Now Murphy is fit, he’s one of our best players, and will be if he stays fit. For someone that isn’t particularly quick, he just strolls past players. Miss aside he was one of our better players today, but that was a terrible miss and reminded me of the St Johnstone semi. He could’ve taken a touch and picked his spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree in all aspects. Including him being one of our best players so far. It's so weird he doesn't score today and in the semi. Not sure if it's a confidence thing or what.

H18S NX
22-08-2021, 03:01 PM
I didn’t have any other issues with his performance today and he’s been good all season....Spot on Iggy.:aok:

Just_Jimmy
22-08-2021, 04:38 PM
I didn’t have any other issues with his performance today and he’s been good all season.I don't know, they're all poor, more so that Scott and Boyle don't him the target, but to not score from there is unforgivable from Murphy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Brunswickbill
23-08-2021, 09:12 AM
I like him. Quite a unique player who creates a lot but he cannae buy a goal. With his ability I think he’ll score a few. Here’s hoping. If he stays fit double figures. 🤞🏼

flash
23-08-2021, 09:42 AM
I don't know, they're all poor, more so that Scott and Boyle don't him the target, but to not score from there is unforgivable from Murphy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Always wonder when people use "unforgivable". It's only a game of fitba mate, cut him a bit of slack.

Stuart93
23-08-2021, 10:12 AM
I really like Murphy, I like what he brings to the team and seems to effortlessly go past players but his finishing is rubbish.

Jones28
23-08-2021, 10:15 AM
Murphys been one of our best players this season ffs 😂 he misses a chance and this thread appears, it’s the same ever time we have a less than good result.

JimBHibees
23-08-2021, 10:22 AM
Quality footballer, been superb this season, but similar miss at home to ross county, got to finish those.

Ross county one was much more difficult as had his back to goal and ball was deflected wide. Think he just lost a bit of confidence on the strike as would assume he would have been wanting to hit it low height of his strike was perfect for the goalie. Bad miss it happens. Think he might be one of these guys that get one then get a few. He scored a fair number of goals for Burton in his loan spell in English championsh.