PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road Capacity - September

MunsterHibee
17-08-2021, 03:06 PM
Just trying to finalise my trip over from Ireland for the St.Johnstone game on the 25th of September. I'm a Season Ticket Holder in the FF Upper stand so just double checking that ER will be cack to full capacity by then as I know the club are carrying out works on both stands behind the goal.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

04Sauzee
17-08-2021, 03:08 PM
Just trying to finalise my trip over from Ireland for the St.Johnstone game on the 25th of September. I'm a Season Ticket Holder in the FF Upper stand so just double checking that ER will be cack to full capacity by then as I know the club are carrying out works on both stands behind the goal.

As far as I'm aware it will be? Think we are getting to sit in our own seats (I'm on the FF Upper) from the Livi game?

IberianHibernian
17-08-2021, 03:09 PM

Sent from my SM-A515F using TapatalkVery good chance this game will be on Sunday 26th cause of League Cup fixtures midweek .

flash
17-08-2021, 03:11 PM
Very good chance this game will be on Sunday 26th cause of League Cup fixtures midweek .

It definitely is on the Sunday.

MunsterHibee
17-08-2021, 03:17 PM
Very good chance this game will be on Sunday 26th cause of League Cup fixtures midweek .Didn't even think about that mate tbh may just book the Saturday to Monday so to be safe.

Billy Whizz
17-08-2021, 03:18 PM
Didn't even think about that mate tbh may just book the Saturday to Monday so to be safe.

It’s been confirmed for the Sunday

MunsterHibee
17-08-2021, 03:26 PM
It’s been confirmed for the SundayJust going to book the Saturday to the Monday then appreciate the info mate. What's the pub situation like??? Can you just walk in or is it pre bookings??? Won't be going to anywhere fancy hibs boozers will do.

Lancs Harp
17-08-2021, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the info regarding the sunday kick off, Ive got this one planned for my first trip of the season too, didnt realise it was a Sunday.

Onceinawhile
17-08-2021, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the info regarding the sunday kick off, Ive got this one planned for my first trip of the season too, didnt realise it was a Sunday.

Only been moved an hour or so ago.

BoomtownHibees
17-08-2021, 04:36 PM
Just going to book the Saturday to the Monday then appreciate the info mate. What's the pub situation like??? Can you just walk in or is it pre bookings??? Won't be going to anywhere fancy hibs boozers will do.

Walk-in is fine in most, if not all, pubs down Leith Walk etc

MunsterHibee
17-08-2021, 04:56 PM
Walk-in is fine in most, if not all, pubs down Leith Walk etcGood stuff mate cheers. Any boozer in particular you'd recommend.

BoomtownHibees
17-08-2021, 06:04 PM
Good stuff mate cheers. Any boozer in particular you'd recommend.

The Harp & Castle on Leith Walk. Good Hibs pub, always a good pint, few screens for any football that’s on

tonyrougier123
17-08-2021, 10:35 PM
I wonder now that leeann has left the club if it would be possible for negotiations to get the lower famous five full again,especially with fans being allowed back in to games.
I think after everything over the last year surely we can make a case for behind your home goal to be the most rowdy raucous place at our own patch.

ABZHFC
17-08-2021, 10:51 PM
I wonder now that leeann has left the club if it would be possible for negotiations to get the lower famous five full again,especially with fans being allowed back in to games.
I think after everything over the last year surely we can make a case for behind your home goal to be the most rowdy raucous place at our own patch.

Completely agree. Aberdeen's board have moved heaven and earth to ensure the 'Red Shed' is now a thing and sure enough it's been a fantastic success already. It's not rocket science but hey ho

Hulk1875
17-08-2021, 11:59 PM

Always feel most noise comes from the east stand growing up it was the terracing, it’s what made me fall in love with football the passion, now the singing section is back there it will be much better atmosphere, it’s great being close to away fans so can get bit aggro

Centre Hawf
18-08-2021, 12:09 AM
Always feel most noise comes from the east stand growing up it was the terracing, it’s what made me fall in love with football the passion, now the singing section is back there it will be much better atmosphere, it’s great being close to away fans so can get bit aggro

Have to agree, always preferred the way the old terracing and section 43 rubbed off on the energy that some aways fans brought. I think sadly a minority of people ruined it for those who sat there for the atmosphere and not to cause any bother.

When they moved the singing section up into the Famous Five upper it really killed a lot of the mood for me. The Famous Five lower could be a better solution but I think there was something organic that couldn't be replicated in that end of the East stand personally.

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2021, 01:09 PM

Been done to death mate, you might as well try to make a case for our away strip being maroon for all the support you'll get. Until this club has an owner or at least CEO who appreciates the value of atmosphere to the football going experience it will continue to be the half full at every game 'sold out' family section it has for the last 20 odd years.

Andy74
18-08-2021, 02:29 PM
Been done to death mate, you might as well try to make a case for our away strip being maroon for all the support you'll get. Until this club has an owner or at least CEO who appreciates the value of atmosphere to the football going experience it will continue to be the half full at every game 'sold out' family section it has for the last 20 odd years.

Does valuing an atmosphere have to equate to agreeing that the Famous five should be used this way?

I love an atmoshpere at the football and don't agree that the FF is the place to do it. Others on this thread agree.

We've also had various comments about how kids prices should be lower and that people also want to see ST sales reaching previous levels. Being able to sell value family tickets is part of both of those things. The nature of kids tickets is that they won't be used every week, but that is money handed over and hopefully a pipeline for being turned into adult season ticket holders in the future.

I don't think it is something that should be used to say that the owner or CEO don't appreciate the value of an atmosphere.

Steven79
18-08-2021, 03:06 PM
Been done to death mate, you might as well try to make a case for our away strip being maroon for all the support you'll get. Until this club has an owner or at least CEO who appreciates the value of atmosphere to the football going experience it will continue to be the half full at every game 'sold out' family section it has for the last 20 odd years.Do you think we should have a family section and if so where would you have it?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Since452
18-08-2021, 03:14 PM
Do you think we should have a family section and if so where would you have it?

Bottom of the main stand next to the FF would be my choice. Would absolutely love to see an ultras/singing section directly behind the goal.

WhileTheChief..
18-08-2021, 03:47 PM
Bottom of the main stand next to the FF would be my choice.

Yup, that’s the obvious place for a family section, easier for kids to ask for autographs or selfies etc before the game.

Remember the FF on the night of the Natural Order game? It looked amazing with the display before kick off and was bouncing the whole night.

As others have said though, the East is where an atmosphere just seems to happen organically and being close to the away fans is definitely better.

Problem is asking folk to move seats who are with pals or family and have been for 20 years. It’s not en easy issue for the club to deal with and whatever they do, whether that’s nothing or make changes, they’re will be people p’d off.

Personally I wouldn’t have a family section but I’m aware that’s a hugely unpopular view to have.

Steven79
18-08-2021, 03:48 PM
Bottom of the main stand next to the FF would be my choice. Would absolutely love to see an ultras/singing section directly behind the goal.That section would make sense on so many levels. [emoji106]

CockneyRebel
18-08-2021, 05:36 PM
That section would make sense on so many levels. [emoji106]

Just the one :greengrin

Stonewall
18-08-2021, 07:18 PM
Bottom of the main stand next to the FF would be my choice. Would absolutely love to see an ultras/singing section directly behind the goal.

That’s a brilliant idea. Then we can enjoy months of people moaning that their seats (which have been in their family for 3 generations) are being forcefully relocated.

Since seats were put in the “cave” the East Stand has been where the atmosphere has been generated. Also how many people populate the singing section and would they half fill the FF lower?

The East for me.

tonyrougier123
18-08-2021, 07:41 PM
That’s a brilliant idea. Then we can enjoy months of people moaning that their seats (which have been in their family for 3 generations) are being forcefully relocated.

Since seats were put in the “cave” the East Stand has been where the atmosphere has been generated. Also how many people populate the singing section and would they half fill the FF lower?

The East for me.

The bottom of the Albion/main stand was the family enclosure when I was a youngster in early to mid 90s.used to be a wee white wall easy for autographs and able to have a bit of crack with players like chic charnley yogi and such.
Don’t underestimate the noise generated in such an environment,but they need to be close together and not sporadic like the famous five lower.
The interaction with home and away players and being so close to the action is still some of the best memories I have of going to the games,as we got a wee bit older headed over to the east as that was the place to be.
But also used to be amazing support behind the goals.
It looks a bit sad and depressing behind the goals imo these days.
Main stand lower ff end is the best place for family enclosure I can testify to that.

greenlad
19-08-2021, 04:26 AM
The bottom of the Albion/main stand was the family enclosure when I was a youngster in early to mid 90s.used to be a wee white wall easy for autographs and able to have a bit of crack with players like chic charnley, yogi and such.

Any crack with those two from the family section would have been from the FF lower as Hughes signed in 1996 and Charnley in 1997, both after the Family section moved (1995).

Juniper Greens
19-08-2021, 05:58 AM
There aren't enough people in the singing section to fill the FF lower and it would look crap.
Top of the east near the away fans is the best place for it.
Having the family section in FF lower means that they have a massive concourse, which can be setup on match days to keep kids entertained before the game. Concourse in West Lower North is tiny.
Why do we have this debate every year?

tonyrougier123
19-08-2021, 08:26 AM
Any crack with those two from the family section would have been from the FF lower as Hughes signed in 1996 and Charnley in 1997, both after the Family section moved (1995).

I wouldn’t be able to confirm if your right as I was a young lad at the time,we still continued to get tickets for that section probably because of the players coming over to the wall and signing autographs,if it did change it certainly wasn’t noticeable as loads of families still went in there I can assure you of that at least,so as arsey as your reply was it just further proves that even by choice folk still recognised it as the family section.

Pagan Hibernia
19-08-2021, 02:23 PM
There aren't enough people in the singing section to fill the FF lower and it would look crap.
Having the family section in FF lower means that they have a massive concourse, which can be setup on match days to keep kids entertained before the game. Concourse in West Lower North is tiny.

because lots of people have the opinion that the stand should be put to better use.

I don’t mean ‘better’ in the sense of better than a family section - there’s nothing more important to me than families and kids getting to the football together.

I don’t know what the answer is but many people agree that a half empty FF lower is an absolute eye-sore, and we need to be smarter in how we market the club.

hibbyfraelibby
19-08-2021, 02:43 PM

...because some folk just likd a moan about their favourite ,but nobody elses, hobby horse?