PDA

View Full Version : Celtic ‘red zone’.

CL0762
16-08-2021, 07:17 PM
Please move elsewhere if this is in the wrong place.

I notice Celtic are again not giving any tickets to away fans for the next game at parkhead which I believe is St. Mirren this weekend.

This is due to ‘covid protocols’ dictating that an area has to be designated as the red zone for essential personnel only.

Now, Celtic have designated the entire main stand for this meaning ST holders have to be accommodated elsewhere.

I’ve noticed at ER and from seeing Rangers on the tv that only areas behind the dugout are off limits to supporters.

There’s been rumours going around that they are struggling to obtain the necessary safety certificate for the stand to be used to its full capacity.

I hope they don’t expect the usual away allocations to be afforded while they are not giving any away support the chance to watch their side at parkhead.

B.H.F.C
16-08-2021, 07:21 PM
They’ll keep getting their usual away allocations, where possible, because clubs won’t turn their money away.

Ringothedog
16-08-2021, 07:23 PM

I notice Celtic are again not giving any tickets to away fans for the next game at parkhead which I believe is St. Mirren this weekend.

This is due to ‘covid protocols’ dictating that an area has to be designated as the red zone for essential personnel only.

Now, Celtic have designated the entire main stand for this meaning ST holders have to be accommodated elsewhere.

I’ve noticed at ER and from seeing Rangers on the tv that only areas behind the dugout are off limits to supporters.

There’s been rumours going around that they are struggling to obtain the necessary safety certificate for the stand to be used to its full capacity.

I hope they don’t expect the usual away allocations to be afforded while they are not giving any away support the chance to watch their side at parkhead.

As much as it is frustrating, in particular for supporters who follow Hibs home and away, Hibs as a club will not turn down a guaranteed £100k in gate receipts. I will just try and buy tickets in their end as I have done before

Sir David Gray
16-08-2021, 07:24 PM
They’ll keep getting their usual away allocations, where possible, because clubs won’t turn their money away.

Yup pretty much.

There's no danger they'll get anything less than their usual 3,500+ at Easter Road when they next visit us.

hibbysam
16-08-2021, 07:26 PM

Going by Sunday I don’t think it is the whole main stand, just a few sections. Sunday was the biggest ****show - away end basically empty, top tier basically empty and thousands of spare tickets.

I get that for league games their STH’s will take up the majority of the available seats, but would love to see a breakdown of how many ST’s they have sold and how many seats their stadium holds minus the ‘red zone’.

Mikey_1875
16-08-2021, 07:31 PM
Easier said than done for the smaller clubs but I would hope
Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen would be able to take a stand on this and give them zero allocation back.

The implications of letting them get away with it unchallenged could be worse than whatever gate receipts they bring in. I’d certainly be disappointed if Hibs lay down and gave them a full allocation in the knowledge that we would be receiving nothing in return.

Sean1875
16-08-2021, 07:43 PM
I think I’m right in saying they didn’t have a PPV option at all last season for folk to purchase and watch their team away at Parkhead either, so a full year with away fans getting shafted by them. **** them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ringothedog
16-08-2021, 07:48 PM
Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen would be able to take a stand on this and give them zero allocation back.

The implications of letting them get away with it unchallenged could be worse than whatever gate receipts they bring in. I’d certainly be disappointed if Hibs lay down and gave them a full allocation in the knowledge that we would be receiving nothing in return.
We will not turn down £200k in gate receipts for 2 games , it would be madness, that sort of money is at least 2 players wages for a year

hibbysam
16-08-2021, 07:53 PM
I think I’m right in saying they didn’t have a PPV option at all last season for folk to purchase and watch their team away at Parkhead either, so a full year with away fans getting shafted by them. **** them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s right, played the ‘protecting the value of the season ticket’ card. Don’t have that excuse this season. Guaranteed no change.

monarch
16-08-2021, 07:54 PM
We will not turn down £200k in gate receipts for 2 games , it would be madness, that sort of money is at least 2 players wages for a year
Exactly.
Supporters are clamouring for new signings but want to turn down £200K. It’s the harsh reality but signings cost money and we need every penny of income.

Mikey_1875
16-08-2021, 08:00 PM

We’ve survived a whole season without crowds and without one of the OF in seasons before. We would just budget accordingly. Madness would be to let them rip the **** out of us imo. If enough clubs gave them zero allocation their own fans would soon pressure the board into reversing that decision.

hibbysam
16-08-2021, 08:02 PM
Exactly.
Supporters are clamouring for new signings but want to turn down £200K. It’s the harsh reality but signings cost money and we need every penny of income.

Nowhere near £200k though in reality is it? Time you take into account stewarding, policing, all other costs involved, and the fact that there will be a fair amount of concessions in amongst their crowd.

xyz23jc
16-08-2021, 08:04 PM

Easy peasy, Give them SFA ala ticket alocation, charge double for PPV Hibs TV for guests and media outlets to cover it, reduce prices for home fans and get it right up em for a change, eh? :agree:

Ringothedog
16-08-2021, 08:09 PM
Nowhere near £200k though in reality is it? Time you take into account stewarding, policing, all other costs involved, and the fact that there will be a fair amount of concessions in amongst their crowd.

For 2 games including hospitality it certainly will be

hibbysam
16-08-2021, 08:38 PM
For 2 games including hospitality it certainly will be

Why would hospitality have any bearing on how many away fans we house in the South? There’s absolutely no way we make £100k profit from the away stand for one of they games unless we charge them £35 flat rate.

Smartie
16-08-2021, 08:53 PM
Easy peasy, Give them SFA ala ticket alocation, charge double for PPV Hibs TV for guests and media outlets to cover it, reduce prices for home fans and get it right up em for a change, eh? :agree:

That’s the way to do it.

Seriously.

The sooner clubs start to realise their potential is worth much more than being bent over by that pair repeatedly, the better it will be for everyone.

Ringothedog
16-08-2021, 09:05 PM
Why would hospitality have any bearing on how many away fans we house in the South? There’s absolutely no way we make £100k profit from the away stand for one of they games unless we charge them £35 flat rate.

Not once have I used the word “profit” , I used the words “gate receipts”. If we charge £28 x 2500 and 1500 x £15 it is not a kick in the arse off £100k. Our hospitality will increase by at least 100 @ £150.I will stick by my £100k + gate receipts. You can work out our costs if you can be arsed.

hibbysam
16-08-2021, 09:12 PM
Not once have I used the word “profit” , I used the words “gate receipts”. If we charge £28 x 2500 and 1500 x £15 it is not a kick in the arse off £100k. Our hospitality will increase by at least 100 @ £150.I will stick by my £100k + gate receipts. You can work out our costs if you can be arsed.

It’s only the profit that will pay for new players or players wages. Don’t need to work out costs but that away end won’t bring in £100k to go towards two players wages that’s for sure. Neither of the two of them should ever receive that full stand again.

Jay
16-08-2021, 09:27 PM
Hibs have season ticket holders in the red zone at ER . Will be interesting to see what happens with them .

Eyrie
16-08-2021, 09:54 PM

You can take 1/6 off those receipts for VAT even before you factor in increased costs.

Carheenlea
16-08-2021, 10:02 PM
I’d rather have a full South Stand than empty seats.

Celtic have valid reasons it seems as to why they feel they can’t offer away tickets at this stage. If we didn’t offer away tickets to them simply out of spite then we’re just making ourselves look childish.

If we were struggling to accommodate our own supporters then I’d love nothing more than to offer Rangers/Celtic/Hearts limited allocations, but we are miles away from that at present.

Twiglet
16-08-2021, 11:32 PM
Hibs have season ticket holders in the red zone at ER . Will be interesting to see what happens with them .

I'm in there and waiting to see. The block is normally sold out for STs, think I saw a few after the release of seats, but there's only 1 showing now. Don't know where we'll all go if we can't.
I bought my ticket on it's own, but sit next to my cousins and have built friendships with those around me for years. May be a long time before we can sit together again.
The issue around there is a lot of people who come by themselves but sit with friends. Will be interesting to see how the club move people if they have to, over 300 people I reckon.

Ringothedog
17-08-2021, 07:50 AM
You can take 1/6 off those receipts for VAT even before you factor in increased costs.

Maybe the “profit” can help us keep our better players regardless of how much it is.

Ringothedog
17-08-2021, 07:55 AM

Celtic have valid reasons it seems as to why they feel they can’t offer away tickets at this stage. If we didn’t offer away tickets to them simply out of spite then we’re just making ourselves look childish.

If we were struggling to accommodate our own supporters then I’d love nothing more than to offer Rangers/Celtic/Hearts limited allocations, but we are miles away from that at present.

Sense at last

Keith_M
17-08-2021, 08:06 AM
There's a rule in place that states all clubs have to give a 'reasonable' allocation of tickets to away fans for league games.

Unlike the rule for Scottish Cup games, that's very much open to interpretation, but even the SPFL couldn't claim that Zero is a 'reasonable' allocation.

However, if this is something that's being forced on Celtc and is beyond their control, then I do have a bit of sympathy for their situation and think we should just accept that we're currently living in strange times.

FWIW, they've sold well over 50k Season Tickets so it's going to be a challenge for them to get them all in the stadium if a large part of it is closed.

hibbysam
17-08-2021, 08:58 AM

There was no valid reason on Sunday, there is no valid reason going forward not to offer PPV to fans. They’re simply taking the piss.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2021, 09:00 AM
There was no valid reason on Sunday, there is no valid reason going forward not to offer PPV to fans. They’re simply taking the piss.

Yep I believe they're the only club in the league which continues to offer PPV to no-one other than their own season ticket holders.

hibbysam
17-08-2021, 09:03 AM
Yep I believe they're the only club in the league which continues to offer PPV to no-one other than their own season ticket holders.

They had the excuse last year of not devaluing the season ticket. This year they don’t have that as they all have access to the stadium. They get away with it though as so many clubs/fans are **** scared of them and we ‘need their money’.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2021, 09:07 AM
They had the excuse last year of not devaluing the season ticket. This year they don’t have that as they all have access to the stadium. They get away with it though as so many clubs/fans are **** scared of them and we ‘need their money’.

Yep agreed.

If Rangers can offer it when their circumstances are pretty much exactly the same as Celtic's then they have no excuse.

Bump up the cost of PPV if they need to but just point blank refusing to offer it at all is poor.

Diclonius
17-08-2021, 09:09 AM

Speak for yourself. I'd rather have a completely empty South Stand every time we play the OF than even one of their fans there.

monarch
17-08-2021, 09:23 AM
We’ve survived a whole season without crowds and without one of the OF in seasons before. We would just budget accordingly. Madness would be to let them rip the **** out of us imo. If enough clubs gave them zero allocation their own fans would soon pressure the board into reversing that decision.

We survived a whole season without crowds because the players accepted wage deferrals and the club received an interest free loan of £2.8M from the Scottish Government , repayable over 20 years, which is virtually free money. Also I believe the club received a hefty sum from its “disaster” insurance policy which was mentioned some time ago on this website. None of these situations are likely to be repeated going forward.

While I would like nothing better than the Old Firm being absent from ER I’m afraid the realities for a club of Hibs standing would determine otherwise.

Some of the comments on this website, while well intentioned, form a good argument against fan ownership of clubs.

hibbysam
17-08-2021, 09:31 AM
We survived a whole season without crowds because the players accepted wage deferrals and the club received an interest free loan of £2.8M from the Scottish Government , repayable over 20 years, which is virtually free money. Also I believe the club received a hefty sum from its “disaster” insurance policy which was mentioned some time ago on this website. None of these situations are likely to be repeated going forward.

While I would like nothing better than the Old Firm being absent from ER I’m afraid the realities for a club of Hibs standing would determine otherwise.

Some of the comments on this website, while well intentioned, form a good argument against fan ownership of clubs.

Surely the insurance covers the majority of our losses, so the loan is a ‘bonus’? It’s not like both of those together covers what we lost. Principles and on field performance are just as important as financial gains.

Billy Whizz
17-08-2021, 09:31 AM
There's a rule in place that states all clubs have to give a 'reasonable' allocation of tickets to away fans for league games.

Unlike the rule for Scottish Cup games, that's very much open to interpretation, but even the SPFL couldn't claim that Zero is a 'reasonable' allocation.

However, if this is something that's being forced on Celtc and is beyond their control, then I do have a bit of sympathy for their situation and think we should just accept that we're currently living in strange times.

FWIW, they've sold well over 50k Season Tickets so it's going to be a challenge for them to get them all in the stadium if a large part of it is closed.

I just find it hard, they can’t find around 500 tickets or so for St Mirren this weekend? 50,000 season tickets in a 60k capacity. Can’t me more than a couple of thousand in the red zone
What was their attendance on Sunday v Hearts?

hibbysam
17-08-2021, 09:35 AM
I just find it hard, they can’t find around 500 tickets or so for St Mirren this weekend? 50,000 season tickets in a 60k capacity. Can’t me more than a couple of thousand in the red zone

Doesn’t seem to have been reported anywhere, although there were thousands of tickets left before kick off.

Wheat Hound
17-08-2021, 09:41 AM
Their away end was practically empty Vs Hearts last Sunday. Seems like nonsense from Celtc.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2021, 09:50 AM

No officially published attendance but this is apparently from around 10 minutes prior to kick off.

https://twitter.com/Reeceturner00/status/1427366084852781057?s=19

monarch
17-08-2021, 09:51 AM
Surely the insurance covers the majority of our losses, so the loan is a ‘bonus’? It’s not like both of those together covers what we lost. Principles and on field performance are just as important as financial gains.
The SG loans to the clubs were based on reasonably forensic examinations of their financial situations impacted by COVID. They weren’t just handed out as a result of ad hoc requests from the clubs.
I’ve no idea about the provisions of the insurance policy.

Billy Whizz
17-08-2021, 09:52 AM
No officially published attendance but this is apparently from around 10 minutes prior to kick off.

https://twitter.com/Reeceturner00/status/1427366084852781057?s=19

It’s usually on the BBC site
Really poor from Celtic

Mikey_1875
17-08-2021, 09:55 AM

Of course going a whole season without crowds again would be unsustainable, the exaggerated point was only made to highlight the fact that teams will live within their means when income changes, just like people do if their salary changes. What about the seasons when Rangers weren’t in the league? Probably the more valid comparison.

Without sounding obtuse if we do not take a stand on this matter, what is the alternative? How much of a free reign do we allow them because they have a big away support?

Its already been highlighted that the numbers don’t add up in terms of Celtic season ticket holders and seats available in the stadium. I appreciate it wouldn’t be an easy decision for our board to make as it is a decent sum of money, but if we don’t call them out on it and take meaningful action then it will just confirm their already deluded opinion that the Scottish game cannot survive without the OF money and open the door for even more **** taking actions down the line.

I don’t want to get too drawn into an argument on it as this situation hasn’t affected Hibs yet so its all hypothetical at the moment. I will save getting my knickers fully in a twist about it for when the announcement comes that we can’t get into Parkhead in December :greengrin

lord bunberry
17-08-2021, 11:35 AM
We can’t offer ppv if the game is on sky, last season’s game was the first in years that wasn’t on sky. In all likelihood both games will be on sky this season.

Eyrie
17-08-2021, 06:28 PM
It's a long standing annoyance that Scottish football does what the Ugly Sisters want.

I'd be delighted if the other 40 clubs turned round and said "Enough. This is how it will be from now on, and if you don't like it, what are you going to do?"

Keith_M
17-08-2021, 06:54 PM

I'm not sure how many they're allowed in to the stadium currently, so I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I do agree they were taking the p1ss by not giving Hearts any tickets, considering the attendance.