Scouse Hibee
14-08-2021, 11:01 AM
Leeds and Utd fans at it already.

KdyHby
14-08-2021, 11:04 AM
War of the roses never ended

JXM73
14-08-2021, 11:07 AM
English bams knocking lumps out of each other, in other news water is wet... scouser throwing his hub caps at glass houses... the irony...

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2021, 11:11 AM
😂 Behave yourself.

Hubcaps 😂😂😂😂😂

BegbieHSC
14-08-2021, 11:14 AM
Leeds fans have always been ****bags - they were pricks when they came up for a pre-season friendly a few years ago.

I find it hilarious they still hate Bayern over a European Cup final defeat back in the 70s. The English jambos.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2021, 11:35 AM
Leeds fans have always been ****bags - they were pricks when they came up for a pre-season friendly a few years ago.

I find it hilarious they still hate Bayern over a European Cup final defeat back in the 70s. The English jambos.Had a couple of them sitting behind us at the 2016 cup final. They were on some corporate effort and had Sevco ties and Leeds badges on their jackets.

Pair of absolute roasters who spent a fair bit of time treating everyone around them to a lecture on why Leeds are so good. They didnt say a lot second half after a word was had[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

vercol36
14-08-2021, 08:10 PM

🤣

Excellent post

Lancs Harp
14-08-2021, 08:12 PM

Ended in 1485 mate at Bosworth Fields.

JohnM1875
14-08-2021, 08:15 PM
Pretty sure the lyrics are 'Panic on the streets of London' close though.

Lancs Harp
14-08-2021, 08:16 PM
English bams knocking lumps out of each other, in other news water is wet... scouser throwing his hub caps at glass houses... the irony...

In comparison to Glasgow being in lockdown when scottish bams bring an entire city to a halt when two certain clubs play each other. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
14-08-2021, 09:05 PM
The relationship between those two clubs is totally toxic and, sadly, violence is commonplace.

Block
14-08-2021, 09:06 PM
The relationship between those two clubs is totally toxic and, sadly, violence is commonplace.

It was a heck of a lot worse back in the 70s and 80s mate. Warzones back then at some games.

Irish_Steve
14-08-2021, 09:11 PM
Ended in 1485 mate at Bosworth Fields.

Is that like 5:25pm??

Hibernia&Alba
14-08-2021, 09:12 PM
It was a heck of a lot worse back in the 70s and 80s mate. Warzones back then at some games.

True, that was the worst era for football hooliganism across the board.

Block
14-08-2021, 09:15 PM
True, that was the worst era for football hooliganism across the board.

Definitely. It was ferocious. Dog eat dog at times.

Wakeyhibee
14-08-2021, 09:19 PM
😂 Behave yourself.

Hubcaps 😂😂😂😂😂

Ok alloys lol

EI255
14-08-2021, 10:07 PM
Good to hear other clubs getting pulled up outwith Hibs

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

EI255
14-08-2021, 10:35 PM

I find it hilarious they still hate Bayern over a European Cup final defeat back in the 70s. The English jambos.Yip.

Also, the 'battle of Benidorm' which Leeds certainly didn't win

LustForLeith
15-08-2021, 07:12 PM
I once heard that there’s a McDoanlds near the Leeds stadium that had to change its signage and in doing so is the only McDoanlds on the world to do so because it’s Man United colours.

If it’s not true I’d love it to be

LancsHibs
15-08-2021, 08:09 PM
I once heard that there’s a McDoanlds near the Leeds stadium that had to change its signage and in doing so is the only McDoanlds on the world to do so because it’s Man United colours.

Can’t see this being true, MCDonalds corporate colours are red & yellow aren’t Man United red, black & white? Visit Leeds fairly regularly and never seen this.

hibee316
15-08-2021, 08:31 PM

Heard this for Besiktas.

jgl07
15-08-2021, 08:46 PM

It sounds like a load of bollox to me.

United play in red/white or red/black. The yellow stuff is from ‘dissident’ supporters opposed to the Glazer regime.

Leeds traditional colours were yellow and blue. They changed to playing in white in 1961 when Don Revie was manager to make them look like Real Madrid. Leeds were in the second division at the time!

tamig
15-08-2021, 08:56 PM
It sounds like a load of bollox to me.

United play in red/white or red/black. The yellow stuff is from ‘dissident’ supporters opposed to the Glazer regime.

Leeds traditional colours were yellow and blue. They changed to playing in white in 1961 when Don Revie was manager to make them look like Real Madrid. Leeds were in the second division at the time!
The yellow stuff is also tied in with green - not red. For the anti-Glazer stuff.

Pretty Boy
15-08-2021, 09:33 PM
This article suggests the McDonalds signage thing might be at least partially true:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/blue-colour-leeds-united-sponsor-changes-its-logo-stop-fans-seeing-red-1798780%3famp

Lendo
15-08-2021, 09:46 PM

Is there not something similar with the Subway Sandwiches in Larkhall? Only Subway in the world that doesn’t have green signage.

Is It On....
15-08-2021, 10:01 PM

Actually there is a similar story about the McDonald's close to Besiktas ground

ian cruise
15-08-2021, 10:04 PM
Is there not something similar with the Subway Sandwiches in Larkhall? Only Subway in the world that doesn’t have green signage.

It's certainly true for the Lloyd's pharmacy and I'm sure it's true for the Subway also.

Edit - mixed that one up, it's true for Subway, not for Lloyd's Pharmacy.

Selkirkhibs
15-08-2021, 10:29 PM
Talking about fighting in the streets.

My mate and I were making our way home a good number of years ago. Heading back towards the East End of Princes Street after a good night out (Memory says it was either a Friday or Saturday). Think Hearts had been playing Spurs? Anyway, two Spurs fans coming towards us started mouthing off at my mate and next thing I know he's rolling around on the pavement with one of them and the other one's coming towards me fists raised. I'm quite strong and soon got the better of him then helped my mate. Pair of clowns. They ran off as soon as they could with 'Hibees Hibees' being sung at their rapidly departing backs. Just shows you though what can happen.

greenlad
16-08-2021, 03:16 AM
It's certainly true for the Lloyd's pharmacy and I'm sure it's true for the Subway also.

It was true of Moss Pharmacy

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/scottish-town-where-green-beyond-pale-981747.html

ian cruise
16-08-2021, 08:58 AM
It was true of Moss Pharmacy

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/scottish-town-where-green-beyond-pale-981747.html

That will be the one I was thinking of. Thanks for confirming I'm not totally losing the plot.

Since90+2
16-08-2021, 09:14 AM
Leeds v Man Utd is toxic. Worse than anything we have in Scotland.

Smartie
16-08-2021, 09:26 AM

Not arguing that Leeds v Man Utd isn't toxic, but we have a pretty toxic rivalry up here in Scotland, anchored in all sorts of unpleasant historical stuff which would rival almost anything in the world...

ian cruise
16-08-2021, 09:42 AM
Not arguing that Leeds v Man Utd isn't toxic, but we have a pretty toxic rivalry up here in Scotland, anchored in all sorts of unpleasant historical stuff which would rival almost anything in the world...

It was bad in the West, it calmed to little more than name calling (in the noughties) however when Rangers trouble began the vitriol in their fans relationship with other fan groups, not just Celtic, increased exponentially largely driven by the club themselves who played up to that element of the fan base as they were easy pickings.

What you then see is other club's fans following suit and there is a growth of "ultras" type behaviour which is often used as a front by those who want to scrap.

English football, and culture, has had a right wing element bubbling away for a while and recent political activity has allowed that divide to become vocal publicly. Similarly to Rangers situation up here they're using football as an excuse to fight, rather than the reason to fight.

Unfortunately I can't see it getting better any time soon either side of the border any time soon.

Killiehibbie
16-08-2021, 09:45 AM

Not even close to Rangers v Celtic. How many murders has a Leeds v Man Utd fixture provoked?

Fisherrow Harp
16-08-2021, 10:06 AM
Excellent post, very well summed up.:top marks

It was bad in the West, it calmed to little more than name calling (in the noughties) however when Rangers trouble began the vitriol in their fans relationship with other fan groups, not just Celtic, increased exponentially largely driven by the club themselves who played up to that element of the fan base as they were easy pickings.

What you then see is other club's fans following suit and there is a growth of "ultras" type behaviour which is often used as a front by those who want to scrap.

English football, and culture, has had a right wing element bubbling away for a while and recent political activity has allowed that divide to become vocal publicly. Similarly to Rangers situation up here they're using football as an excuse to fight, rather than the reason to fight.

Unfortunately I can't see it getting better any time soon either side of the border any time soon.

Steven79
16-08-2021, 12:17 PM

It's true as I've just looked on google maps.

ben johnson
16-08-2021, 02:26 PM

There is a huge Asda in Larkhall
Green signage everywhere.
Large business not doing anything to accommodate locals with
Issues.

heretoday
16-08-2021, 02:32 PM
Leeds and Mancs booting each other. The football is back! Hurrah!

O'Rourke3
16-08-2021, 03:38 PM
Anyone blamed Chelsea fans yet?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Renfrew_Hibby
16-08-2021, 04:04 PM

Remember being in Paris a while back and the McDonald's on the Champs-Eleysees have their signage in black and white as every retailer there has.
I highly doubt the same applies in Leeds.

jgl07
16-08-2021, 04:17 PM
Leeds and Mancs booting each other. The football is back! Hurrah!
There will be next to no Mancs involved in such a conflict.

ian cruise
16-08-2021, 06:41 PM
Remember being in Paris a while back and the McDonald's on the Champs-Eleysees have their signage in black and white as every retailer there has.
I highly doubt the same applies in Leeds.

Not at Elland Road but funnily enough they do insist on the same in all the shops in the Victoria Shopping area of Leeds. I was really impressed as I couldn't imagine Glasgow City Council standing up to the brands and insisting they used the standard branding on their store fronts

Pagan Hibernia
16-08-2021, 07:21 PM

this old myth again :rolleyes:

lord bunberry
16-08-2021, 07:38 PM
That’s true :greengrin

Killiehibbie
16-08-2021, 08:09 PM

Is that because the reds all come from or Salford or Wythenshawe

jgl07
17-08-2021, 01:11 AM
Is that because the reds all come from or Salford or Wythenshawe
Certainly a lot come from Salford and Trafford. Less so from Wythenshawe which is part of Manchester,. A lot more from London and throughout the South of England.

Since90+2
17-08-2021, 05:43 AM
Certainly a lot come from Salford and Trafford. Less so from Wythenshawe which is part of Manchester,. A lot more from London and throughout the South of England.

There are plenty Man Utd fans from Manchester.

Pagan Hibernia
17-08-2021, 06:28 AM

correct. Lived and worked in Manchester for 5 years in the early 2000s and it was bloody full of them.

it’s an amusing myth to annoy them with but there’s absolutely no truth in it.

London Hibs FC
17-08-2021, 06:35 PM
I’ve seen loads of McDonald’s signage in green and yellow.

heretoday
23-08-2021, 08:07 PM

Of course there are. Plenty in China and S Korea too. If we were as huge as them we'd probably have Cockney Hibees or whatever coming up the road!

EI255
24-08-2021, 08:30 PM
Had a couple of them sitting behind us at the 2016 cup final. They were on some corporate effort and had Sevco ties and Leeds badges on their jackets.

Pair of absolute roasters who spent a fair bit of time treating everyone around them to a lecture on why Leeds are so good. They didnt say a lot second half after a word was had[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using TapatalkBrilliant.

Can't stand LUFC

IWasThere2016
25-08-2021, 09:32 AM

Its true.. there's no red in the signage.

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2021, 10:05 AM
The love in with Manchester United fans and hatred of Leeds fans has no basis in anything other than fantasy. Both have been as bad as the other in hooligan terms since the 70’s. And arguably we have been worse than either, least I be accused of taking any moral high ground. These threads are better suited to the Holy Ground.

FilipinoHibs
25-08-2021, 10:06 AM
correct. Lived and worked in Manchester for 5 years in the early 2000s and it was bloody full of them.

it’s an amusing myth to annoy them with but there’s absolutely no truth in it.

I was once in Manchester centre for a weekend when Man U where in an FA Cup final. Nobody gave two hoots. Most were City fans. Had two Lancs mates when lived in London. One from Oldham who supported Man U. One from Manchester who was a City fan. Lots of Londoners supported Man U.

surreyhibbie
25-08-2021, 10:11 AM
My Wife's cousin, originally from Stirling, has a home in Aberdeen, lives and works 90% of the time in Moscow, and has a Man Utd season ticket...

doubt he has ever actually been to Old Trafford.

strange behaviour.

Pagan Hibernia
25-08-2021, 10:33 AM
I was once in Manchester centre for a weekend when Man U where in an FA Cup final. Nobody gave two hoots. Most were City fans. Had two Lancs mates when lived in London. One from Oldham who supported Man U. One from Manchester who was a City fan. Lots of Londoners supported Man U.

Your experience is your experience mate, can’t argue with it. perhaps one or two of the local united fans actually went to the cup final.

I have no horse in this race, I can’t abide either Manchester team (both for different reasons) but no one can ever explain why if one of England’s biggest cities, and a football mad one at that, is full of city fans the etihad still struggles to sell out on many an occasion. And yeah, I know tickets are expensive. City got some right crap crowds in the old days when they were cheaper. But of course the football was crap then too.

and if a 140plus year old club like united genuinely have no local fans, despite an incredible amount of success then they’d be probably the only club on the planet where that would be the case. It just doesn’t make sense.

the answer is it’s rubbish, and they actually have huge local support IN ADDITION to a massive global fan base.

Kato
25-08-2021, 11:33 AM
A few years ago Man U published figures which showed 80% of their season ticket holders lived in Manchester, the city itself not the Greater Manchester area. It's a myth that Manchester is all City fans.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk