PDA

View Full Version : Oddball behaviour/ OCD

Alfiembra
11-08-2021, 11:02 AM
What are the oddball or OCD things that you just can’t help yourself from doing.

For reasons I can’t explain I have to have any thing with a digital gauge reading an even number whether it’s the volume on the radio/tv or the temperature or even the speed on cruise control when I’m driving. If I see an odd number I’ll knock it up or down a notch.

Other oddball things are I’ll never buy a tin in a supermarket if it’s dented.

When I used to buy a daily newspaper or a magazine I’d never take the paper on the top of the pile I’d take the one behind.

All a bit odd when you think about it.

Have you got any unusual rituals or compulsions that you can’t explain?

Moulin Yarns
11-08-2021, 11:19 AM
What are the oddball or OCD things that you just can’t help yourself from doing.

For reasons I can’t explain I have to have any thing with a digital gauge reading an even number whether it’s the volume on the radio/tv or the temperature or even the speed on cruise control when I’m driving. If I see an odd number I’ll knock it up or down a notch.

When I used to buy a daily newspaper or a magazine I’d never take the paper on the top of the pile I’d take the one behind.

Can't help you with the digital even number thing but

Bashed tins could be compromised, punctured and bacteria can get in. Best avoided.

The top newspaper or magazine is likely to have been handled multiple times, the one behind will be cleaner.

I would seek help for your number obsession 😉

Smartie
11-08-2021, 11:19 AM
When I go swimming my locker number must be a multiple of 5.

It's never happened, but if I couldn't find one I just wouldn't go in.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-08-2021, 11:43 AM
When I go swimming my locker number must be a multiple of 5.

It's never happened, but if I couldn't find one I just wouldn't go in.

Jesus, the lengths some people will go to.

Peevemor
11-08-2021, 11:47 AM
. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210811/76a0d42b79e2d7ee04452201a3e2f532.jpg

Bangkok Hibby
11-08-2021, 11:48 AM
Far too many to list here. Luckily all mild and only a bit annoying.
This can absolutely ruin people's lives.

Mon Dieu4
11-08-2021, 11:50 AM
I like the double light switches in the house to facing the same direction

Scouse Hibee
11-08-2021, 11:54 AM
Everything has a place and has to be put back in that same place once it has been used.

There is always at least one normally more of a back up stock of the following in the cupboard
HP Sauce
Colmans Mustard
Malt vinegar
Tomato Ketchup
Coffee (at least 3 jars)
Hand soap (at least six)
Kitchen Roll (at least 6 rolls)
Toilet Rolls (at least 24)
Toothpaste (at least 3 tubes)
Never let my car go below half a tank of petrol before refuelling

Just to name a few!

Alfiembra
11-08-2021, 12:53 PM
I like the double light switches in the house to facing the same direction

yep that’s another one of mine, jeez I’m a shambles.

McSwanky
11-08-2021, 12:53 PM
Just a point, but OCD isn't really a laughing matter. Like someone said above, it can absolutely ruin people's lives. It seems to have been misappropriated as a catch all term for 'I like things to be in a row' type quirks, but it's so much more than that.

Sorry, but it maddens me a bit when people describe themselves as 'a bit OCD' and the like.

SteveHFC
11-08-2021, 01:20 PM
Anyone else make a list on their phone what clothes they put in the washing machine before using the washing machine.

Hibrandenburg
11-08-2021, 02:35 PM
I can't sit in a bar or restaurant unless I have my back to a wall where nobody can sit behind me and I have a clear view of the door. I've no problem standing.

Killiehibbie
11-08-2021, 03:36 PM
I can't sit in a bar or restaurant unless I have my back to a wall where nobody can sit behind me and I have a clear view of the door. I've no problem standing.

I know a few guys like that.

Moulin Yarns
11-08-2021, 03:49 PM
I know a few guys like that.

I would think it's standard practive in your neck of the Hood. :wink:

Logie Green
11-08-2021, 04:47 PM
I think it should be CDO so the letters are in the ‘right’ order alphabetically....

J-C
11-08-2021, 05:02 PM
I have none and think you're all a bunch of freaks 😁

McD
11-08-2021, 05:13 PM
Things on oven numbers… check
double light switches the same… check
never below half a tank of fuel… check

also will check house and car doors are locked, repeatedly. When I’m bad for it I can go and check the car 3 or 4 times before I come into the house, the house door gets checked every time I go passed it in the house.

My dad refuses to park his car with the odometer ending in 13, he also got a mobile number changed a long time ago for the same reason.

lord bunberry
11-08-2021, 07:49 PM
I’ve got 13 stairs in my house, I always count them in fours as I climb and finish with 2 at once. I don’t do it on the way down.

O'Rourke3
11-08-2021, 08:06 PM
Put my scarf on on the third set of steps up the west stand. Wont wear it before then.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

c31
11-08-2021, 08:22 PM
Only sit facing forward on a train, will stand if I cant get a forward facing seat.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2021, 08:57 PM
Everything has a place and has to be put back in that same place once it has been used.

There is always at least one normally more of a back up stock of the following in the cupboard
HP Sauce
Colmans Mustard
Malt vinegar
Tomato Ketchup
Coffee (at least 3 jars)
Hand soap (at least six)
Kitchen Roll (at least 6 rolls)
Toilet Rolls (at least 24)
Toothpaste (at least 3 tubes)
Never let my car go below half a tank of petrol before refuelling

Just to name a few!

I was diagnosed with OCD young and this behaviour is very familiar. Patterns and routines are commonplace, the unfamiliar can be very stressful. Unconscious hairpulling is something I do when I'm particularly stressed. Medication and coping behaviours reduce the impact, but I can't deny anxiety has impacted my life and held me back at times.

calumhibee1
11-08-2021, 09:26 PM
Anyone else make a list on their phone what clothes they put in the washing machine before using the washing machine.

Have you ever had a time it’s not all come back out?

Because I’m convinced all mine doesn’t.

calumhibee1
11-08-2021, 09:29 PM
Mixer taps have to be bang in the middle when they’re turned off. I can’t believe people can turn it off any other way.

Hibrandenburg
11-08-2021, 09:35 PM
If I had a penny for everytime someone said I have OCD, then I'd have 1769 pence.

lord bunberry
11-08-2021, 10:26 PM
If I had a penny for everytime someone said I have OCD, then I'd have 1769 pence.
:greengrin Very good

SteveHFC
11-08-2021, 11:59 PM
Have you ever had a time it’s not all come back out?

Because I’m convinced all mine doesn’t.

Indeed.

Moulin Yarns
12-08-2021, 07:49 AM
I'm not an expert but isn't OCD a symptom of aspergers syndrome or ASD?

McSwanky
12-08-2021, 07:57 AM
I'm not an expert but isn't OCD a symptom of aspergers syndrome or ASD?I guess a lot of ASD folks are probably more susceptible to it, but it's a separate condition.

overdrive
12-08-2021, 08:08 AM

My girlfriend has a similar thing with the volume digits. It can only end in a 0, 2, 5 or 8. It is infuriating and if I put the volume up and leave it on, let’s say 27. She goes in a huff.

She also has this thing where a hand towel must be exactly centred on a towel rail. She notices even if it is a millimetre out.

My ex father in law would go around moving the angle of any open doors in a house - the door had to be ajar at a certain angle.

Similar to your magazine one, I will never take the item at the front in a shop/supermarket

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2021, 08:20 AM
You all could do with a bit of hypnotherapy 😉

Hibby discount available.....

Chuck Rhoades
12-08-2021, 11:18 AM
Share a few things noted above.

Volume control - 0/5/8/10 and so forth.

Everything is aligned at right angles on my desk / around my house.

All labels face forward in fridge / cupboard.

Lists / reminders / spreadsheets for everything.

I waste a lot of time in work with layout / formatting and correcting other people’s work when really it doesn’t matter.

In the office I apparently used to come in and unpack my lunch and put each item in the same / place order and in parallel with each other. I went to the toilet once and my team played a trick on me and moved it all around. I came back and in complete auto pilot put everything back in it’s place without really recognising what they’d done. I wouldn’t have known had they not said to me after!

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2021, 11:28 AM
My wife says I notice straight away if something has been moved or used in the house as I always put things back in a particular way. As an example I came home last night and asked my wife what she had used the tumble dryer for yesterday. How did I know? Because the cord and plug was not the way I had left it when I last used it!

I always pack the supermarket shopping as I like everything put on the belt in a particular order and then packed accordingly.

Went on holiday once and left a key with a neighbour, came back opened my tool cupboard and knew someone had taken my electric drill out as the case was back in the cupboard the wrong way round, eventually discovered neighbour had used it.

The more I think about it I realise I am quite obsessive.

Killiehibbie
12-08-2021, 02:56 PM
I would think it's standard practive in your neck of the Hood. :wink:

The Wild West for good reason.

Killiehibbie
12-08-2021, 02:58 PM
My wife says I notice straight away if something has been moved or used in the house as I always put things back in a particular way. As an example I came home last night and asked my wife what she had used the tumble dryer for yesterday. How did I know? Because the cord and plug was not the way I had left it when I last used it!

I always pack the supermarket shopping as I like everything put on the belt in a particular order and then packed accordingly.

Went on holiday once and left a key with a neighbour, came back opened my tool cupboard and knew someone had taken my electric drill out as the case was back in the cupboard the wrong way round, eventually discovered neighbour had used it.

The more I think about it I realise I am quite obsessive.

That's common sense, no point in throwing it all in and damaging half of it.

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2021, 03:12 PM
That's common sense, no point in throwing it all in and damaging half of it.

Try telling the wife that 😂

Bangkok Hibby
12-08-2021, 03:31 PM
Try telling the wife that 😂

Or surely the vast majority of men. This was a constant argument between me and ex wife. It was all going to be sorted when we got home so what bloody difference does it make how the bags are packed?

Edit..I'll concede eggs and bread on top obviously but the rest, who cares?

Killiehibbie
12-08-2021, 03:58 PM
Or surely the vast majority of men. This was a constant argument between me and ex wife. It was all going to be sorted when we got home so what bloody difference does it make how the bags are packed?

Me if I get home and there's tins on top of my fresh fruit, veg or any other easily damaged items.

Bangkok Hibby
12-08-2021, 04:12 PM
Me if I get home and there's tins on top of my fresh fruit, veg or any other easily damaged items.

Really, in bags, in a car, between shop and home? How bad is it going to be?
Probably why I'm twice divorced 😃

McD
12-08-2021, 08:58 PM

Nah I’m with Scouse on this one mate :greengrin

I have several rules for packing shopping into bags :greengrin

Logie Green
12-08-2021, 09:17 PM
Only sit facing forward on a train, will stand if I cant get a forward facing seat.

Are you a train driver?

Bangkok Hibby
13-08-2021, 04:39 AM
Nah I’m with Scouse on this one mate :greengrin

I have several rules for packing shopping into bags :greengrin

No problem and I may have derailed the thread a bit. Pretty sure we've touched on this before somewhere. IF it's an OCD thing that makes you pack the bags a certain way the fine. Otherwise its girly. Take the advice of an OLD fashioned, unsuccessful at marriage, stuck in his ways real man 😀
No offense meant, just a light hearted dig at "new men" 😃

McD
13-08-2021, 05:26 AM
No problem and I may have derailed the thread a bit. Pretty sure we've touched on this before somewhere. IF it's an OCD thing that makes you pack the bags a certain way the fine. Otherwise its girly. Take the advice of an OLD fashioned, unsuccessful at marriage, stuck in his ways real man 😀
No offense meant, just a light hearted dig at "new men" 😃

No offence taken bud 👍

Future17
13-08-2021, 05:58 AM
Jesus, the lengths some people will go to.

:greengrin

overdrive
13-08-2021, 09:55 AM

Maybe this is better suited to the pet peeves thread, but it really annoys me when I load the belt at the supermarket in a particular order for then packing it into bags but then the checkout operator scans it out of order.

Hibrandenburg
13-08-2021, 09:56 AM
Maybe this is better suited to the pet peeves thread, but it really annoys me when I load the belt at the supermarket in a particular order for then packing it into bags but then the checkout operator scans it out of order.

Maybe you have to number or colour code your items.

Moulin Yarns
13-08-2021, 10:17 AM

Put the ones you want to pack first closest to the side of the belt beside the operator. Leave a bit of a gap before the next lot.

Fwiw, my wife rarely comes supermarket shopping with me, but when she does she leaves me at the checkout and goes and looks at the magazines.

Bangkok Hibby
13-08-2021, 10:22 AM
No offence taken bud 👍

🙏🏻👍🏻

overdrive
14-08-2021, 12:27 AM
Put the ones you want to pack first closest to the side of the belt beside the operator. Leave a bit of a gap before the next lot.

Fwiw, my wife rarely comes supermarket shopping with me, but when she does she leaves me at the checkout and goes and looks at the magazines.

Nope, I think I do that anyway but consciously did it this afternoon. Totally random where they took the items from position wise.

Pretty Boy
14-08-2021, 08:06 AM
I've seen a few people mentioning writing lists on this thread. Is that really odd?

I do it all the time, particularly at work. It's just sensible rather than oddball as far as I'm concerned. It means I actually do the things that I'm supposed to rather than the chancers in my office who stare blankly ahead when you ask if they have done something and they either have, or pretend to have, forgotten all about it.

When it comes to shopping I've started using the Scan and Go so I can pack how I like as I go. It's a system I actually object to on a few levels but for the purposes of being able to pack as I like then it's great.

Bangkok Hibby
14-08-2021, 09:14 AM
I've seen a few people mentioning writing lists on this thread. Is that really odd?

I do it all the time, particularly at work. It's just sensible rather than oddball as far as I'm concerned. It means I actually do the things that I'm supposed to rather than the chancers in my office who stare blankly ahead when you ask if they have done something and they either have, or pretend to have, forgotten all about it.

When it comes to shopping I've started using the Scan and Go so I can pack how I like as I go. It's a system I actually object to on a few levels but for the purposes of being able to pack as I like then it's great.

Again please dont take this the wrong way but in this and another thread I'm astonished how many men care how the shopping is packed. Love to do a poll but can't be arsed 😀
Am I so old fashioned? Is it now the done thing?

Jay
14-08-2021, 09:33 AM
Is it not just sensible to put the heavy stuff at the bottom of your bag and stuff that will get squished, leak or bruised on the top? Who wants to pay for a loaf of squished bread or bruised bananas? It's not a man thing or a woman thing its common sense

I have lots of oddball behaviour but no OCD . If I'm wearing socks i like them to be odd. I think someone with OCD would struggle to live with me :greengrin

Bangkok Hibby
14-08-2021, 09:45 AM
Is it not just sensible to put the heavy stuff at the bottom of your bag and stuff that will get squished, leak or bruised on the top? Who wants to pay for a loaf of squished bread or bruised bananas? It's not a man thing or a woman thing its common sense

I have lots of oddball behaviour but no OCD . If I'm wearing socks i like them to be odd. I think someone with OCD would struggle to live with me :greengrin

Yes of course thats why I said bread, eggs on top. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, there just seems to be a lot of men quite fussy about packing shopping. Anyway those days are long behind me, good riddance 😀

Itsnoteasy
14-08-2021, 10:02 PM
I suffer from NO CD. Nothing goes back in the same place.

Andy74
16-08-2021, 05:08 PM
Again please dont take this the wrong way but in this and another thread I'm astonished how many men care how the shopping is packed. Love to do a poll but can't be arsed 😀
Am I so old fashioned? Is it now the done thing?

No idea what this has to do with being a man?

I’m particular about packing the shopping too, but more in keeping together stuff that goes away in the same place, so cupboard stuff separate from fridge stuff etc.

Bangkok Hibby
16-08-2021, 05:19 PM
No idea what this has to do with being a man?

I’m particular about packing the shopping too, but more in keeping together stuff that goes away in the same place, so cupboard stuff separate from fridge stuff etc.

Because in my day men wouldn't be quite so fussy with the shopping. I find it hard to believe so many on here, so I must accept in wider society too, actually give a toss how the bags are packed. I've already said its just my old fashioned take on it so not looking for confrontation. Its my take on the "oddball behaviour" part of the thread title. Accept I seem to be in the minority so all you modern men carry on 😃
What are your wives doing when you're all making sure the bags are neatly packed?

calumhibee1
16-08-2021, 05:28 PM
Because in my day men wouldn't be quite so fussy with the shopping. I find it hard to believe so many on here, so I must accept in wider society too, actually give a toss how the bags are packed. I've already said its just my old fashioned take on it so not looking for confrontation. Its my take on the "oddball behaviour" part of the thread title. Accept I seem to be in the minority so all you modern men carry on 😃
What are your wives doing when you're all making sure the bags are neatly packed?

I’m the same as you.

There’s obvious things that don’t go at the bottom of a bag. I’m not going to put a loaf of bread at the bottom and top that with a 12 pack of water but I can’t say I really go that deep into thinking about it. Once things that are ‘fragile’ in some regard are safe then it’s a free for all after that.

Bangkok Hibby
16-08-2021, 05:32 PM
I’m the same as you.

There’s obvious things that don’t go at the bottom of a bag. I’m not going to put a loaf of bread at the bottom and top that with a 12 pack of water but I can’t say I really go that deep into thinking about it. Once things that are ‘fragile’ in some regard are safe then it’s a free for all after that.

Yes and once home it can all be tipped out and put in correct place. My ex was never happy though. Just another contributing factor to my divorce 😂😂😂

Jay
16-08-2021, 06:22 PM
Because in my day men wouldn't be quite so fussy with the shopping. I find it hard to believe so many on here, so I must accept in wider society too, actually give a toss how the bags are packed. I've already said its just my old fashioned take on it so not looking for confrontation. Its my take on the "oddball behaviour" part of the thread title. Accept I seem to be in the minority so all you modern men carry on ��

I think it says a lot for men. Most of them seem to have dragged themselves into this century ( a lot even managed equality last century too!) and agree that having a home and perhaps a family means all work loads are shared . The days of womans work and mans work are thankfully in the past Also a lot of men live alone these days . The chances are the women are out working - imagine that? :na na:

Killiehibbie
16-08-2021, 06:22 PM
The wife is usually doing the housework if she's finished her 12 hour shift

calumhibee1
16-08-2021, 06:59 PM
I think it says a lot for men. Most of them seem to have dragged themselves into this century ( a lot even managed equality last century too!) and agree that having a home and perhaps a family means all work loads are shared . The days of womans work and mans work are thankfully in the past Also a lot of men live alone these days . The chances are the women are out working - imagine that? :rolleyes:

I’m not sure BH has ever suggested it’s a women’s work. More just that they’re surprised so many men seem to be so neat and tidy with the packing of a bag.

Jay
16-08-2021, 07:09 PM
I’m not sure BH has ever suggested it’s a women’s work. More just that they’re surprised so many men seem to be so neat and tidy with the packing of a bag.

I think his last sentence differs albeit light hearted which is how I hoped my comment would be taken.

Edit: I've just realised I used the wrong smilie in my post . My small phone screen and eyesight dont do well with them! Apologies, it was meant to be:na na:

Babyshamble
16-08-2021, 07:11 PM
I can't buy odd numbers of tins of soup. Freaks me out.i work continental shifts. Work 3 days at a time in some cases, have to buy 4. Odd numbers are the work of the devil 🙈

McSwanky
16-08-2021, 08:12 PM
a 12 pack of water

Buying water? Now there's a bit of oddball behaviour! [emoji16]

RyeSloan
16-08-2021, 08:49 PM
I’m the same as you.

Well exactly. Quite why anyone would turn it into some sort of science is well beyond me!

Sure the Mrs would suggest otherwise but not sure I have too many oddball behaviours. I do like to have mini ‘systems’ like multiple pairs of the same socks to make life a bit easier. When I use to have to wear a shirt to work had at least 15 of them on a constant rotation, washing and ironing 5 at a time once a week to have a ready supply. Always put T shirts back in the drawer or jumpers in the wardrobe in colour order etc to facilitate superior colour co-ordination when dressing and the likes. That does make me sound like a demented 70 year old right enough [emoji23]

Suppose the only thing might be I have a habit of not turning the light on at night when going up the stairs..I like to challenge myself to find my way in the dark…not exactly hard as it’s my hoose I suppose!

Oh and l like to see if I can empty the dishwasher in the morning before the kettle has boiled..a daily challenge that is ever so slightly different every morning and often ends up with muttering about how oddly her indoors has stacked the dishes and thus exonerating myself from blame if I fail [emoji1787]

Beyond that it’s a much simpler life if you don’t write lists of what you have put into the washing machine [emoji12]

Moulin Yarns
16-08-2021, 09:00 PM

Browsing the magazines. And as I'm 64, thanks for referring to me as a modern man 😁

Smartie
16-08-2021, 09:06 PM
I’m getting overwhelming feelings of remorse and guilt for the mental torment I must have caused when “helping” people pack their shopping away at Christmas when I was in scouts.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-08-2021, 09:14 PM
I need to re-tie both shoe laces even if only one is loose.

lapsedhibee
16-08-2021, 09:41 PM
I’m getting overwhelming feelings of remorse and guilt for the mental torment I must have caused when “helping” people pack their shopping away at Christmas when I was in scouts.
:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2021, 10:00 PM

That’s why I never let them do it, still give a donation though!

Bangkok Hibby
17-08-2021, 02:31 AM
I think it says a lot for men. Most of them seem to have dragged themselves into this century ( a lot even managed equality last century too!) and agree that having a home and perhaps a family means all work loads are shared . The days of womans work and mans work are thankfully in the past Also a lot of men live alone these days . The chances are the women are out working - imagine that? :na na:

Haha, getting bit deeper than I intended now. 😃👍🏻

Keith_M
17-08-2021, 07:36 AM
If I unpack the shopping at the till, my wife will rearrange it all.

If I pack the shopping into the bags, my wife will rearrange that as well.

If I unpack when I get home, my wife will go after me and put everything 'in it's proper place'.

If I hang up the washing, my wife will take at least half of it down and then re-hang it.

If I put the dishes away, my wife will go after me and re-arrange stuff to be exactly in the right place.

As if that's not bad enough, all her broomsticks are hung in alphabetical order....

silverhibee
18-08-2021, 11:07 AM
Buying water? Now there's a bit of oddball behaviour! [emoji16]

:shocked:

Chuck Rhoades
19-08-2021, 06:01 AM
Found another one this morning…

If there’s a bottle / cartoon / tube compressed when I use it I must get the air back inside to return to his natural shape.

For example, shampoo, shower gel, juice etc…

Anyone else?

Moulin Yarns
19-08-2021, 07:52 AM
Found another one this morning…

If there’s a bottle / cartoon / tube compressed when I use it I must get the air back inside to return to his natural shape.

For example, shampoo, shower gel, juice etc…

Anyone else?

So long as you don't do it with the toothpaste!!! 😉

McSwanky
19-08-2021, 08:30 AM
So long as you don't do it with the toothpaste!!! 😉

Don't get me started on toothpaste.... :timebomb:

MagicSwirlingShip
19-08-2021, 10:37 AM
My mrs thinks I’m mental every month when we are transferring money into our expenses account.

I need to do it in seperate amounts, one for mortgage, one for gas bill, one for food etc. As opposed to one lump sum. Just feels better that way

Mon Dieu4
19-08-2021, 12:55 PM
My mrs thinks I’m mental every month when we are transferring money into our expenses account.

I need to do it in seperate amounts, one for mortgage, one for gas bill, one for food etc. As opposed to one lump sum. Just feels better that way

Could be worse, I've seen people who have individual accounts for each of those things

MagicSwirlingShip
19-08-2021, 01:29 PM
Could be worse, I've seen people who have individual accounts for each of those things

That’s the dream 😂

RyeSloan
19-08-2021, 09:59 PM

I’ve got 5 current accounts for exactly that type of reasoning. It’s my number one tip for effective budgeting!

J-C
20-08-2021, 07:34 AM
I’ve got 5 current accounts for exactly that type of reasoning. It’s my number one tip for effective budgeting!

Or just have 1 account purely for domestic payments.

Alfiembra
21-08-2021, 08:04 AM
I went through a phase when I would have to find the most efficient way of doing the most menial of tasks. For example if I was making a cup of tea, I would plan the route through the kitchen to fill the kettle, fetch the cups, tea bags, spoons, milk and sugar and have it all prepared and ready so that I didn’t criss cross the kitchen multiple times. All had to be done in the time it took for the kettle to boil too. I should have got a job in time and motion.

RyeSloan
21-08-2021, 03:15 PM
I went through a phase when I would have to find the most efficient way of doing the most menial of tasks. For example if I was making a cup of tea, I would plan the route through the kitchen to fill the kettle, fetch the cups, tea bags, spoons, milk and sugar and have it all prepared and ready so that I didn’t criss cross the kitchen multiple times. All had to be done in the time it took for the kettle to boil too. I should have got a job in time and motion.

Aha I like your style…I quite often find myself doing stuff like that. Not sure it’s overly oddball, more like simple common sense to me (although I would say that I suppose [emoji2957])