PDA

View Full Version : Hibs in Newcastle

SeanWilson
10-08-2021, 08:45 AM
Hi folks

In Newcastle on Thursday and wondering if anyone is aware of somewhere that’ll show the match?

Cheers

badabing67
10-08-2021, 06:19 PM
Hi folks

In Newcastle on Thursday and wondering if anyone is aware of somewhere that’ll show the match?

Cheers

Might be worth going on a Newcastle Utd forum to ask there is bound to be a sports bar in Newcastle showing the game

JimBHibees
10-08-2021, 06:26 PM
Might be worth going on a Newcastle Utd forum to ask there is bound to be a sports bar in Newcastle showing the game

Sure there was a sports bar very close to the centre. That was a few years back. Think there is one at st James park

Souter96Mac
10-08-2021, 06:28 PM
Hi folks

Cheers

I don't know of any specific bars that have Premier Sports, but I imagine the Tyneside Irish Centre would be a good shout. Top of China town, over the road from the Gallogate end of St James'.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2021, 06:45 PM
Hi folks

Cheers

I was in Newcastle 3 years ago when we played Asteras Tripolis and watched the game in the Tyneside Irish Centre which is a stone's throw from St James' Park.

Very cheap drink, there's no English games on Thursday so I'd imagine there's a decent chance that they will show it.

CMurdoch
10-08-2021, 06:50 PM
I was in Newcastle 3 years ago when we played Asteras Tripolis and watched the game in the Tyneside Irish Centre which is a stone's throw from St James' Park.

Very cheap drink, there's no English games on Thursday so I'd imagine there's a decent chance that they will show it.

Only caveat is Cellik are playing the same night so the Irish Centre will see you outnumbered and outvoted for the TV by good Cellik men etc. They kick off at 7:45pm so they might let you watch the first half before taking over.

Good luck young Mr W.
Top Tip - get the Hibs game on the boozer TV's then steal the remote :aok:

Sir David Gray
10-08-2021, 06:56 PM
Only caveat is Cellik are playing the same night so the Irish Centre will see you outnumbered and outvoted for the TV by good Cellik men etc. They kick off at 7:45pm so they might let you watch the first half before taking over.

Good luck young Mr W.

The Celtic game's not on mainstream TV though so that may swing it in our favour.

CMurdoch
10-08-2021, 06:58 PM
The Celtic game's not on mainstream TV though so that may swing it in our favour.

I'm sure the venue in question will get round that small detail for it's Cellik patrons.

GreenCastle
10-08-2021, 07:18 PM
Maybe try Shark bar - never been but a friend says it’s good for sport.

StevieC
10-08-2021, 09:17 PM
My first shout would be the Tyneside Irish Centre.

And even with Celtic playing there’s still a good chance they’ll have them both on as there’s multiple TVs. I’ve been in before when they’ve had a “big” English game on and still had the Hibs/Scottish game showing on a couple of TVs.

Give them a call (although I think they’re usually closed Mon-Wed)
0191 261 0384

Don Giovanni
10-08-2021, 09:58 PM

Loadsa screens to watch sport in Shark Bar. They've been good enough to put the Hibs game on when requested in the past (although it's a few years since I've been in). Just across the road from St. James' Park.

The beer will almost certainly be cheaper in the Irish Centre though!

Onceinawhile
10-08-2021, 10:03 PM

I watched us beat rangers 3-1 at ibrox here.

It was Stoke Newcastle the same night on about 24 out of 25 tvs.

Folk looking at me like I'm a dafty celebrating a throw in when jc scored!

SeanWilson
11-08-2021, 05:59 AM
Thank you all for pitching in! Staying very close to st James so I’ll pop in to Tyneside Irish today and see what’s what!

Thanks again.

GGTTH

SeanWilson
11-08-2021, 06:00 AM
Loadsa screens to watch sport in Shark Bar. They've been good enough to put the Hibs game on when requested in the past (although it's a few years since I've been in). Just across the road from St. James' Park.

The beer will almost certainly be cheaper in the Irish Centre though!
In fact, I’ve just realised that shark bar is part of the hotel I’m staying at!! 👌🏼

Souter96Mac
11-08-2021, 07:05 AM
In fact, I’ve just realised that shark bar is part of the hotel I’m staying at!! 👌🏼

Definitely worth checking Shark Bar, but I'm unsure if they have Premier Sports or not. They may just have Sky & BT. If they do, then you're laughing.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-08-2021, 10:43 AM
O'neills opposite the train station will have it on I would think. The Bodega is worth a try too.

Newcastlehibby
11-08-2021, 11:12 AM
Rosies bar in Stowell St looks like it has Premier Sports.

cammy1969
11-08-2021, 11:43 AM
Bar pacific was a good bar for watching football lots of screens in pub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
12-08-2021, 07:23 PM
Tyneside Irish centre put it on for me! Thanks guys!