PDA

View Full Version : Martin Boyle

PatHead
09-08-2021, 08:08 AM
Martin has started the season on fire and is the one player who can transform a match with a drop of the shoulder.

Can't believe this is the player we got in a swap deal for Alex Harris. Must be one of our best transfer deals ever.

Since he became an Internationalist he has moved up another level.

Unfortunately I think we will have to enjoy him while we can as I don't believe he won't go in this window with the £500,000 deal available.(Although I have been told this clause is not available to Scottish clubs, so he won't be going along the M8, can anyone else confirm that?)

To be fair, while he has been good for us,we have been equally good for him.

Just hope he keeps performing while he is here and avoids injuries.

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2021, 08:12 AM
I just don't see him leaving. There hasn't really been any serious rumours about him ever. He was probably available for less than 500k last summer before his new deal.

Great player who has improved immensely in his years here.

marinello59
09-08-2021, 08:12 AM
Our best player and one who has worked really hard to get where he is. I’ll be gutted when he eventually leaves us.

Smartie
09-08-2021, 08:14 AM
I honestly don't know why he doesn't attract more interest.

We all know about his pace and his ability to drive us up the park, but some of the crosses he put in at the weekend were glorious, one in particular when the game was still at 0-0.

Just Alf
09-08-2021, 08:21 AM
I had reservations when he 1st arrived, relatively quickly though his performances made them go away, there was always the odd game where I wondered again. Now though, like others I see him as someone who would be a big miss for us, whatever the price we get.

PatHead
09-08-2021, 08:22 AM
I just don't see him leaving. There hasn't really been any serious rumours about him ever. He was probably available for less than 500k last summer before his new deal.

Great player who has improved immensely in his years here.

I was told there was a bid from Stoke last season which was the reason the clause was inserted.

Borderhibbie76
09-08-2021, 09:01 AM
Why are some Posters so desperate to sell our best players on here...maybe Boyler is happy here and why wouldn't he be? He's our star man, his wife plays for the ladies team and he's getting international recognition - Marvin Bartley has said it a few times on Sky that maybe Boyler is happy where he is

dalkeith stu
09-08-2021, 09:10 AM
We should be doing our best to renew his contract and get that clause out of it!!!

HendoDelivered
09-08-2021, 09:11 AM
We should be doing our best to renew his contract and get that clause out of it!!!

This. I’d give him a lifetime contract on any amount he wants :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
09-08-2021, 09:12 AM
Why are some Posters so desperate to sell our best players on here...maybe Boyler is happy here and why wouldn't he be? He's our star man, his wife plays for the ladies team and he's getting international recognition - Marvin Bartley has said it a few times on Sky that maybe Boyler is happy where he is

The OP isn't trying to sell him, he's just raising a valid point about his contract situation given the start he's had.

Hopefully Boyle is happy here!

Skol
09-08-2021, 09:15 AM
I honestly don't know why he doesn't attract more interest.

We all know about his pace and his ability to drive us up the park, but some of the crosses he put in at the weekend were glorious, one in particular when the game was still at 0-0.

No doubt that Boyle was a great piece of business when we brought him in.

I think that the lack of interest is because his end product can be variable. He isnt the greatest finisher and often hits the keeper/defender although he has a great goalscoring record, but it could be even better. Yesterdays goal was a good example ,although he got the benefits of a deflection. He also delivers some great crosses but also some poor ones as well.

However his pace worries defenders and he comes in for a lot of treatment as a result.

Overall I think that Boyle could move but may fine he is an impact player from the bench rather than a starter at the higher level. Lets hope he stays

Since90+2
09-08-2021, 09:15 AM
I, sadly, think he'll be gone before the window closes. A Championship team will pay the 500k and he'll probably be offered substantially more than we can offer.

His earning potential is as high as it's ever likely to be and with a young family I'd imagine he'll want to earn as much as he possibly can over the next few years.

EdinMike
09-08-2021, 09:17 AM
If Boyle wants to stay and earn a testimonial I wouldn’t be upset ! Roll on another 4 years of the Squirrel !

Since90+2
09-08-2021, 09:18 AM

Saying what you think might happen and what you want to happen are not the same thing.

Borderhibbie76
09-08-2021, 09:19 AM

Yup that's an excellent idea- get him on a 4 year improved deal and give him the keys to ER if he wants them too

Smartie
09-08-2021, 09:41 AM
Martin has started the season on fire and is the one player who can transform a match with a drop of the shoulder.

Can't believe this is the player we got in a swap deal for Alex Harris. Must be one of our best transfer deals ever.

Since he became an Internationalist he has moved up another level.

Unfortunately I think we will have to enjoy him while we can as I don't believe he won't go in this window with the £500,000 deal available.(Although I have been told this clause is not available to Scottish clubs, so he won't be going along the M8, can anyone else confirm that?)

To be fair, while he has been good for us,we have been equally good for him.

Just hope he keeps performing while he is here and avoids injuries.

Interesting you mention Alex Harris - Martin Boyle has become the player that Harris really ought to have become.

Harris had pace, an ability to beat a man and the ability to hit a shot from outside the area. His injury knocked everything out of him, it was a real shame.

Boyle on the other hand has developed from the very raw (but effective) player we got from Dundee into a very accomplished player.

He was superb again at the weekend.

Mackay hasn't made the greatest of starts so far, but you can see flashes of something in there. I get the feeling he might be a slow burner as well, not necessarily someone who will hit the ground running this season but who will improve and show their worth next season or the one after that. He also looks raw, the odd flash of something decent but not looking ready to be a regular starter to me just yet.

S4uzee
09-08-2021, 10:33 AM
The most improved Hibs player I’ve seen

Torto7
09-08-2021, 10:38 AM
He's very unlikely/wont be moving this summer. There was interest from a middle east club last summer that fell through due to covid. The lads happy here and happy with his new deal. My daughter is a pal of his Mrs.

Paul1642
09-08-2021, 10:40 AM
Is the 500k clause confirmed? If so I can’t believe a handful of championship clubs aren’t taking a chance on him.

PatHead
09-08-2021, 11:24 AM

I'm not desperate to sell him on. I am being realistic. If he is offered a move to a club with a decent signing on fee and wages of say 12k week he could have financial security for life.

For a guy who has suffered a couple of major injuries and has a young family that would be a great attraction. Hope he stays though.

O'Rourke3
09-08-2021, 11:31 AM
Is the 500k clause confirmed? If so I can’t believe a handful of championship clubs aren’t taking a chance on him.This was point Richard Foster was making during the QOS game. In England there are plenty speed merchants and plenty speedy defenders. He stands out here but own there, they are looking for more. Boyler has more but I. Not not sure that's appreciated. Meantime, he's a Hibby [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nicho87
09-08-2021, 11:33 AM
Most improved player will I have seen since his first game to present in my time watching hibs

He is unplayable at time

GreenPJ
09-08-2021, 11:37 AM
Most improved player will I have seen since his first game to present in my time watching hibs

He is unplayable at time

He is unplayable at times and then every now and again there is a performance like the cup final (he wasn't alone). Its that inconsistency that will hopefully lead him being here for a long time yet. McKay will be a good signing but he is raw just now and I think can learn a lot from the squirrel and Murphy in next couple of years.

Borderhibbie76
09-08-2021, 12:35 PM
He's very unlikely/wont be moving this summer. There was interest from a middle east club last summer that fell through due to covid. The lads happy here and happy with his new deal. My daughter is a pal of his Mrs.

This is good to hear and was pretty much the impression I had tbh