PDA

View Full Version : Kilmarnock Game - Ticketing and capacity

Pages : [1] 2 3

wookie70
08-08-2021, 09:27 PM
We are less that a week away from our next game at ER. No news on tickets yet and looks like it will all be a mad rush again. I imagine that there will be a crowd of 6-8k at best so surely we will get permission for that and we can all sit in our chosen seats given the rules for social distancing are relaxed. Why the hold up. I want to plan ahead for the Dundee game and no news on tat either from what I can see.

JohnM1875
08-08-2021, 09:28 PM
We are less that a week away from our next game at ER. No news on tickets yet and looks like it will all be a mad rush again. I imagine that there will be a crowd of 6-8k at best so surely we will get permission for that and we can all sit in our chosen seats given the rules for social distancing are relaxed. Why the hold up. I want to plan ahead for the Dundee game and no news on tat either from what I can see.

Haven't Glasgow and Aberdeen councils approved full capacity for their next home games post August 9th?

Hopefully Edinburgh City Council do the same. Though wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Ringothedog
08-08-2021, 09:30 PM
Haven't Glasgow and Aberdeen councils approved full capacity for their next home games post August 9th?

Hopefully Edinburgh City Council do the same. Though wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

I have heard rumours that EDC will not follow suit, I hope what I have heard is not true

08-08-2021, 09:32 PM
I have heard rumours that EDC will not follow suit, I hope what I have heard is not true

Would anyone be surprised?

If so, then I hope Hibs tell us the reason why?

Steven79
08-08-2021, 09:33 PM

Ourselves and Hearts should challenge it if that's the case.

GreenCastle
08-08-2021, 09:34 PM
Yup - I feel we have had 2 mad weeks for fans and ticket office to sort and it’s not fair for those involved.

Tomorrow there 100% must be clarify on home games moving forward.

Let folk plan ahead - make travel / child care / social plans.

There is no reason why we should be increasing capacity especially with 2 stands lying empty and plenty space.

H18 SFR
08-08-2021, 09:34 PM

Surely not? Nah, surely not!!

CentreLine
08-08-2021, 09:39 PM

After Aberdeen fans pitch invasion today surely ACC must reconsider. If fans get that “exuberant” at winning a Category C match surely they cannot be trusted to behave responsibly at a full Pittodrie.

Sir David Gray
08-08-2021, 09:42 PM

If that's true then there needs to be full scale peaceful protests from the fans and both Hibs and Hearts (as I'm assuming they'll also be affected) need to be coming together and demanding answers as to why two teams around 50 miles away have been told they can have between 50-60,000 fans as of tomorrow but we're not allowed up to 20,000.

I'd be interested to see the science behind such a decision

wookie70
08-08-2021, 09:46 PM
I agree long term this needs sorted but for next week opening the behind the goals stands would allow us to provide tickets for everyone likely to attend. We still have no idea if it is the club or the council stopping these stands being used. They really need to get it sorted quickly as it simply isn't fair on the fans or the ticket office staff continually leaving it to the 11th hour.

Ringothedog
08-08-2021, 09:47 PM
Surely not? Nah, surely not!!
I hope it is not true but if full stadiums were going to be allowed it would have been announced by now I would have thought. If the council don’t allow the unrestricted attendance will they pay compensation to our club and all local businesses who are affected by that decision?

jws1875
08-08-2021, 10:00 PM
https://twitter.com/cllrcammyday/status/1423718945035624449?s=19

This is the only communication I think we've seen from someone connected to the council, so hopefully it's promising

Borderhibbie76
08-08-2021, 10:02 PM
I hope it is not true but if full stadiums were going to be allowed it would have been announced by now I would have thought. If the council don’t allow the unrestricted attendance will they pay compensation to our club and all local businesses who are affected by that decision?

Sorry but there is no way they can't allow it - there will rightly be uproar if they don't given Aberdeen and Glasgow CC decisions so I'm pretty sure they will have to follow suit...whether they like it or not

Logie Green
08-08-2021, 10:04 PM
CEC Labour leader Cammy Day tweeted the other day suggesting that both us and hertz would be at full capacity as constructive talks had taken place between the relevant parties.

Apologies, just noticed someone has added his tweet to the thread.

SteveHFC
08-08-2021, 10:05 PM
If that's true then there needs to be full scale peaceful protests from the fans and both Hibs and Hearts (as I'm assuming they'll also be affected) need to be coming together and demanding answers as to why two teams around 50 miles away have been told they can have between 50-60,000 fans as of tomorrow but we're not allowed up to 20,000.

I’ll save my seething post for now mate until it gets confirmed :greengrin

SteveHFC
08-08-2021, 10:08 PM
https://twitter.com/lockyhighet/status/1424422059510206469?s=21

I’m told Hibernian have asked for a full crowd at Easter Road for next Sunday’s Premier Sports Cup clash with Kilmarnock. Ticket info and allocation will follow after Edinburgh Council’s decision.

kevinc
08-08-2021, 10:09 PM

Where have you heard that?

Sir David Gray
08-08-2021, 10:10 PM
I’ll save my seething post for now mate until it gets confirmed :greengrin

See you outside the main stand next weekend. :wink:

CMurdoch
08-08-2021, 10:26 PM
The clowncil officewallers will be back to work tomorrow and Rangers are playing Malmo on Tuesday night. The combo should bring things to a quick head so expect confirmation of numbers for the Kilmarnock game before 5pm on Tuesday.
I confidently predict every person that wants a ticket for the game will get one no matter what capacity is agreed.

It will be interesting to see whether walk ups take the opportunity to go and see their team and reckon only half of all season ticket holders will dip into their pocket again unless the price is realistic for a game against a Championship team in an early round of a tin pot cup.
Any more than £15 for adults will be a turn off.

matty_f
08-08-2021, 10:30 PM
If the council restrict capacity while other councils aren’t, I’d fully support Hibs taking legal action over it. There would have to be an exceptionally good reason to say no, when the Glasgow clubs and others are not being restricted.

jgl07
08-08-2021, 10:42 PM
The clowncil officewallers will be back to work tomorrow and Rangers are playing Malmo on Tuesday night. The combo should bring things to a quick head so expect confirmation of numbers for the Kilmarnock game before 5pm on Tuesday.
I confidently predict every person that wants a ticket for the game will get one no matter what capacity is agreed.

It will be interesting to see whether walk ups take the opportunity to go and see their team and reckon only half of all season ticket holders will dip into their pocket again unless the price is realistic for a game against a Championship team in an early round of a tin pot cup.
Any more than £15 for adults will be a turn off.

A tin pot cup?

What sort of sub-OF arrogance is that?

Apart from the League Cup, Hibs have won one Scottish Cup since the early 1950s.

If Hearts supporters came up with that sort of crap they would be flayed alive on here. And rightly so!

kaimendhibs
08-08-2021, 10:43 PM
EDC worst council ever.

CMurdoch
08-08-2021, 10:56 PM
A tin pot cup?

What sort of sub-OF arrogance is that?

Apart from the League Cup, Hibs have won one Scottish Cup since the early 1950s.

If Hearts supporters came up with that sort of crap they would be flayed alive on here. And rightly so!

You have set off the QI siren :wink:
Sorry I was bored.
The blindingly obvious reply trap can also be baited with certain comments about Allan, Griffiths, Riordan, Gray, Stevenson or Hanlon.

Ringothedog
09-08-2021, 06:03 AM
Sorry but there is no way they can't allow it - there will rightly be uproar if they don't given Aberdeen and Glasgow CC decisions so I'm pretty sure they will have to follow suit...whether they like it or not

I hope you are right, I am only passing on what I was told yesterday.The person that told me has no reason to lie. I will be raging if the EDC restrict attendance’s at ER as I am sure will be the club. Let’s hope he is wrong

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2021, 06:32 AM
Where have you heard that?

Agnes said it on facebook. :wink:

Ringothedog
09-08-2021, 06:37 AM
Agnes said it on facebook. :wink:

How did you know? Although It was her sister Senga not Agnes

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2021, 06:43 AM
How did you know? Although It was her sister Senga not Agnes
:greengrin

green day
09-08-2021, 07:01 AM
EDC worst council ever.

Which is probably why that entity was abolished in 1996.

Ringothedog
09-08-2021, 07:15 AM
Which is probably why that entity was abolished in 1996.

Okay CEC, ooohhh I love an acronym

Onion
09-08-2021, 07:33 AM
Councils can barely manage bucket uplifts but given the task of properly assessing infection risks of large events during a pandemic. It's ludicrous. Whatever these clowns eventually come up with will be complete guess-work, nothing to do with virus and everything to show show just what an incredibly valuable job the Council does :greengrin

Radge70
09-08-2021, 08:26 AM

From a scientific point of view the biggest concern is with people using public transport and mingling before the game so I'd have thought that people coming from all over Scotland, England and Ireland to watch the old film would have been a higher risk than for matches in Edinburgh that will attract fans mainly from a much smaller radius

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2021, 09:15 AM
Councils can barely manage bucket uplifts but given the task of properly assessing infection risks of large events during a pandemic. It's ludicrous. Whatever these clowns eventually come up with will be complete guess-work, nothing to do with virus and everything to show show just what an incredibly valuable job the Council does :greengrin

:hilarious spot on

Bristolhibby
09-08-2021, 09:31 AM
From a scientific point of view the biggest concern is with people using public transport and mingling before the game so I'd have thought that people coming from all over Scotland, England and Ireland to watch the old film would have been a higher risk than for matches in Edinburgh that will attract fans mainly from a much smaller radius

We all know Glasgow City Council would never KB the OF. Simply not an issue for them.

J

Stuart93
09-08-2021, 10:22 AM
St J just announced they’re allowed full capacity for their game on Thursday. Becoming more and more difficult for CEC to say no to us

Ringothedog
09-08-2021, 10:25 AM
I really hope that CEC make the right decision and the information I was given is a lot of *****

calumhibee1
09-08-2021, 10:27 AM
CEC to be the last to give permission is an absolute nap. Why bother doing anything within a reasonable time scale?

Hermit Crab
09-08-2021, 10:28 AM
CEC to be the last to give permission is an absolute nap. Why bother doing anything within a reasonable time scale?

They are so far behind other city councils its embarrassing.

ABZHFC
09-08-2021, 10:29 AM
Surely it is a formality now? There is no way they won't give us full capacities like Aberdeen, Glasgow and Perth councils now have done, they would be public enemies

Kaff
09-08-2021, 10:37 AM
St J just announced they’re allowed full capacity for their game on Thursday. Becoming more and more difficult for CEC to say no to us

And Ross County now as well

Callum_62
09-08-2021, 10:43 AM
Excellent to see all clubs so far getting full capacity

I know there was a feeling of 'no chance' that can happen but so far so good!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

18Craig75
09-08-2021, 11:16 AM
Given all other councils are granting full capacities; could it be that Edinburgh Council are putting the festival ahead of Hibs & Hearts here?? I assume they’ll want to prove the festivals can go ahead with full capacities not affecting case numbers so they can get the go ahead for the Christmas festivals.

No idea if that’s the case but it’s not inconceivable imo. Would be a joke if it was the case, can’t see any logical reason to be so out of tune with other councils.

Callum_62
09-08-2021, 11:20 AM
Given all other councils are granting full capacities; could it be that Edinburgh Council are putting the festival ahead of Hibs & Hearts here?? I assume they’ll want to prove the festivals can go ahead with full capacities not affecting case numbers so they can get the go ahead for the Christmas festivals.

No idea if that’s the case but it’s not inconceivable imo. Would be a joke if it was the case, can’t see any logical reason to be so out of tune with other councils.No, it won't be the case

dp00
09-08-2021, 11:45 AM

Decent for them sure there game on Thursday will be class

Surely CEC don’t really have a decision to make here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
09-08-2021, 03:01 PM
When will we get an announcement?

Callum_62
09-08-2021, 03:05 PM
When will we get an announcement?Seen a screenshot supposedly from cheif exec saying north and south stands won't be open but we will have full capacity after Sunday

Onceinawhile
09-08-2021, 03:12 PM
There was a reporter for a killie paper saying he had heard hibs were trying to get full capacity.

Lochlin highet of the Kilmarnock standard.

Don't know if his info is any good, but is certainly at odds with what's been said here.

GreenCastle
09-08-2021, 03:31 PM
Full capacity will surely mean away fans at the derby also!

greenginger
09-08-2021, 03:41 PM
Seen a screenshot supposedly from cheif exec saying north and south stands won't be open but we will have full capacity after Sunday

Where will they House the Killie fans ?

GreenCastle
09-08-2021, 03:43 PM
Where will they House the Killie fans ?

Killie fans should 100% be allowed to attend this weekend. Of course that may help Killie but the bigger picture like Motherwell away is Scottish football needs fans in stadiums.

wookie70
09-08-2021, 03:46 PM
Nice to see we have managed to get the Hospitality sorted and email sent out trying to sell it. Poor for Killie fans hoping to travel and ridiculous it is taking so long

SteveHFC
09-08-2021, 04:22 PM
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-hibs-expecting-full-crowds-21266102

We can cancel any planned protests now :hyper

Radium
09-08-2021, 04:23 PM
Email just arrived

Hibernian FC is today thrilled to announce the unrestricted return of supporters to Easter Road for matchdays.

City of Edinburgh Council has confirmed the welcome news that supporters will no longer require to be socially distanced in the stands at the stadium, meaning full capacity is returning. The Club thanks the council for their support and help during this challenging time.

The home Premier Sport League Cup match versus Kilmarnock at the weekend is expected to attract a crowd that can be accommodated by using only the East and West stands - giving a capacity of over 12,000 which, historically, is more than sufficient for the early rounds of the competition that is not available on the season book.

The North and South stands are not currently available whilst the club completes ongoing improvement and remedial works in both stands, which are Easter Road’s oldest. Keeping the capacity at 12,000 for this match will also be more operationally efficient and provide the club with a welcome cost-saving.

Ben Kensell, Chief Executive, said: “We are all really delighted to be able to welcome back our supporters. It is what everyone has been waiting for. While those fans who have attended our recent games have created a terrific atmosphere to spur the team on, we are looking forward to hearing what a full stadium can do.

“We are finishing off our programme of work in the North and South stands, and we expect to be able to accommodate all of our home support in their usual seats by the European play off match on August 26th if we are successful in Croatia this week, and certainly by the Livingston fixture scheduled for August 28th.

“Meantime I hope fans will really see that we are trying to create the best football experience in Scotland through the work we are doing with our sound system, with the kiosks, with work to improve the stadium’s appearance and with – very soon – the installation of big screens.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenlex
09-08-2021, 04:24 PM
Booom:thumbsup::thumbsup: Thunderbirds are go. Albeit only 12000 as north and south are still getting worked on. Back to full business for next euro tue. Should we get through.

SteveHFC
09-08-2021, 04:24 PM
Full crowds

:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper.

HH81
09-08-2021, 04:25 PM
Announced on e-mail. Full stadium open again except for next week due to stand work. As mentioned above.

BoomtownHibees
09-08-2021, 07:02 PM
Tickets on sale to season ticket holders online from tomorrow at 12. Can purchase in person on Wednesday 10-3

jeffers
09-08-2021, 07:24 PM
Tickets on sale to season ticket holders online from tomorrow at 12. Can purchase in person on Wednesday 10-3

Any news on pricing ?

O'Rourke3
09-08-2021, 07:25 PM
Any news on pricing ?20 for STs. Not sure about concessions

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
09-08-2021, 07:26 PM

Haven’t had any communication on this, can you buy your own season ticket seat

hibee_girl
09-08-2021, 07:27 PM
Any news on pricing ?

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ticket-info-kilmarnock-fc-h

Hermit Crab
09-08-2021, 07:28 PM
Any news on pricing ?

Adult: £20
Over-65s: £15
Students: £15
12 - 17-year-olds: £15
2 - 11-year-olds: £10

BoomtownHibees
09-08-2021, 07:29 PM

It’s not mentioned but I guess not based on how many season tickets holders are going to be displaced from their own seat

Brightside
09-08-2021, 07:30 PM
North end of the west for us. Ffs. Put the killie fans in the east! There will only be about 40 of them.

Billy Whizz
It’s not mentioned but I guess not based on how many season tickets holders are going to be displaced from their own seat

That’s fair in my opinion, although I’d love to sit I’m seat

Hermit Crab

It seems that you're not automatically assigned it and if you're in the North end of the west your seat has been given to Kilmarnock fans.

Brightside
09-08-2021, 07:33 PM
It seems that you're not automatically assigned it and if you're in the North end of the west your seat has been given to Kilmarnock fans.

I think it says we can purchase in the north end of west only so I assume they are in the south end of west.

BoomtownHibees
09-08-2021, 07:35 PM

South end of the West is for Killie fans

Hermit Crab
09-08-2021, 07:35 PM
South end of the West is for Killie fans

:aok:

jeffers
09-08-2021, 07:41 PM

Cheers.

HH81
09-08-2021, 07:45 PM

Quite an expensive game for families.

h185forever
09-08-2021, 07:57 PM
Are the tickets on sale yet ? ....ive logged in and although it says on sale ....it seems there is no availability ?

...just seen on sale at noon tomorrow

Steven79
09-08-2021, 09:37 PM
2 - 11-year-olds: £10I thought season ticket holders got a discount on cup ties?

I'm sure it was in our season ticket benefits.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jeffers
09-08-2021, 09:41 PM
I thought season ticket holders got a discount on cup ties?

I'm sure it was in our season ticket benefits.

It was……

Steven79
09-08-2021, 09:43 PM
It was……Still is according to this...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210809/78a67a1de241df3c7fa5312cf57b66c2.jpg

jeffers
09-08-2021, 09:46 PM
Still is according to this...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210809/78a67a1de241df3c7fa5312cf57b66c2.jpg

Sorry I meant it was in our promised benefits as in we should be getting discount for the Killie game.

Edit - at the moment tickets are only being made available to season ticket holders. I’m assuming any “discount” has been built into that and the prices will go up if they go to a general sale…..

JimBHibees
10-08-2021, 07:19 AM
North end of the west for us. Ffs. Put the killie fans in the east! There will only be about 40 of them.

Not so sure think they usually have a reasonable away turnout. Also will likely be a rare occasion to play top league team this season.

Billy Whizz
10-08-2021, 08:09 AM
Killie getting 1,000 in the West

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/ticket-information-for-hibs-cup-clash/

my left peg
10-08-2021, 08:13 AM
Sorry I meant it was in our promised benefits as in we should be getting discount for the Killie game.

Edit - at the moment tickets are only being made available to season ticket holders. I’m assuming any “discount” has been built into that and the prices will go up if they go to a general sale…..

Doesn’t look like it as Killie fans tickets are £20 as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
10-08-2021, 08:20 AM
Doesn’t look like it as Killie fans tickets are £20 as well.

If I'm reading this correctly, it looks like the discounted cup tickets are only available to new season ticket holders for this season and not to those who renewed from last season.

I find that a bit odd if that's the case but there still should be a discount available to anyone who is a new season ticket holder.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets-hospitality/season-tickets/season-ticket-holder-benefits

GreenCastle
10-08-2021, 08:25 AM
Still is according to this...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210809/78a67a1de241df3c7fa5312cf57b66c2.jpg

Has there be 10% off any food ordered so far ?

jeffers
10-08-2021, 08:26 AM
If I'm reading this correctly, it looks like the discounted cup tickets are only available to new season ticket holders for this season and not to those who renewed from last season.

I find that a bit odd if that's the case but there still should be a discount available to anyone who is a new season ticket holder.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets-hospitality/season-tickets/season-ticket-holder-benefits

I read it to mean if you have a season ticket you should get the discount, regardless if it’s a new purchase or a renewal. Either way it’s looking like it was BS.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2021, 08:34 AM
I read it to mean if you have a season ticket you should get the discount, regardless if it’s a new purchase or a renewal. Either way it’s looking like it was BS.

Perhaps, although I don't think it's particularly clear.

Has someone raised this with the club?

Ringothedog
10-08-2021, 08:37 AM

It’s not easy to prove what you are saying as the tickets are only being sold to season ticket holders. If there is a general sale and they are the same price then it is BS.

jeffers
10-08-2021, 08:40 AM
It’s not easy to prove what you are saying as the tickets are only being sold to season ticket holders. If there is a general sale and they are the same price then it is BS.

The fact a post above states the Killie tickets are £20 would suggest there is no discount being applied?

steve75
10-08-2021, 08:40 AM

I am sure there were promises made for committing with uncertainty last season too ('benefits' to make it more value for money, experience days etc) that have never been fulfilled. Maybe they will be in future with the eased restrictions?

Generally speaking people will put up with this if there's a product on the park, but it's sloppy.

Brightside
10-08-2021, 08:42 AM

I get the feeling someone has forgotten all about this.. :greengrin:greengrin

hibbysam
10-08-2021, 08:43 AM
I am sure there were promises made for committing with uncertainty last season too ('benefits' to make it more value for money, experience days etc) that have never been fulfilled. Maybe they will be in future with the eased restrictions?

Generally speaking people will put up with this if there's a product on the park, but it's sloppy.

My biggest gripe last year was the lack of behind the scenes stuff at HTC. Daft wee promises that don’t cost much to the club but mean a huge amount to fans shouldn’t be hard to keep. These discounts are the same. Sloppy is a very good description of it.

jeffers
10-08-2021, 08:43 AM
Perhaps, although I don't think it's particularly clear.

Has someone raised this with the club?

I think it was just a way to differentiate between the additional benefits you get for renewing and those everyone gets for being a season ticket holder.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2021, 08:45 AM
I think it was just a way to differentiate between the additional benefits you get for renewing and those everyone gets for being a season ticket holder.

Hopefully someone from the club can pick this up before 12pm.

jeffers
10-08-2021, 08:53 AM

Yes there were and as you say they never came to pass.

I paid my season ticket last season at the new higher rate, fully aware there was no guarantee I would see any football. I was happy to do so. What I’m not happy with is being taken for granted, supposed benefits not coming to pass, missing out on a game others get to attend, receiving an email with “ghost tickets” and Hibs attitude appearing to be tough sh*t.

davhibby
10-08-2021, 08:56 AM
That’s very poor from Hibs, hope it’s just been missed and it’s not that they think they can just get away with taking ST holders for granted

Sir David Gray
10-08-2021, 08:59 AM

There were.

I just assumed that nothing happened last year due to all the various restrictions but I'm certainly expecting season ticket holders from this season and last to be given what they were promised at some point in the near future now that we're pretty much free of all restrictions.

JimBHibees
10-08-2021, 09:03 AM
That’s very poor from Hibs, hope it’s just been missed and it’s not that they think they can just get away with taking ST holders for granted

Assume it will just have been missed maybe new staff in who weren't here when the promises were made. Again assume will be quickly resolved.

soul_driver
10-08-2021, 09:08 AM
This isn't very good from Hibs. Appreciate there is a lot going on but these tickets should have been discounted as per the club's promise. Not impressed so far this season with the club off the pitch. We still don't know if season ticket holders missing the first home league game of the season was down to Hibs or the Council either.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2021, 09:12 AM
This isn't very good from Hibs. Appreciate there is a lot going on but these tickets should have been discounted as per the club's promise. Not impressed so far this season with the club off the pitch. We still don't know if season ticket holders missing the first home league game of the season was down to Hibs or the Council either.

We were restricted to 5,600 tickets on Sunday by the council as social distancing rules applied until yesterday.

Power
10-08-2021, 09:29 AM
Fair flags here. I was asked a similar question elsewhere. There is a discount for all STH for this one.

If the game goes to an open sale on Thursday for non-Season ticket holders the prices will increase £2 for adults and £1 for all concessions.

The other benefits are being planned at the moment (something at the front of my mind) - for instance the open training day requires our fixtures to be more solid (lots of changes with Europe at the moment).

hibbysam
10-08-2021, 09:33 AM
Fair flags here. I was asked a similar question elsewhere. There is a discount for all STH for this one.

If the game goes to an open sale on Thursday for non-Season ticket holders the prices will increase £2 for adults and £1 for all concessions.

The other benefits are being planned at the moment (something at the front of my mind) - for instance the open training day requires our fixtures to be more solid (lots of changes with Europe at the moment).

Not having that, are you really telling us that non STH Hibs fans will pay more than Killie fans for seats in the same stand? That’s not a discount for STH’s, they’re paying the same as away fans.

AugustaHibs
10-08-2021, 09:35 AM

Not your fault but hibs are absolutely winging it here and it’s clear to see.

Who the **** is in charge of this stuff?

bigwheel
10-08-2021, 09:36 AM

I think the issue is more about the clubs pricing policy . We always seem to be the highest or around there, for these types of games . The non STH tickets being 2 pound dearer, doesn’t really respond to the real issue when Celtic are charging 17 pounds for an adult V Hearts and we are charging 20 quid for a game against championship Killie .

For many it won’t be an issue, but it’s fair for those who have posted to note the pricing approach is almost always higher than most others.

Real Emerald
10-08-2021, 09:45 AM

So season ticket holders in the West stand can’t get access to their seats to accommodate Killie fans who will pay less than walk up Hibs fans. That’s not very clever.

JimBHibees
10-08-2021, 09:47 AM
Not your fault but hibs are absolutely winging it here and it’s clear to see.

Who the **** is in charge of this stuff?

Any need for that? :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2021, 09:48 AM
So season ticket holders in the West stand can’t get access to their seats to accommodate Killie fans who will pay less than walk up Hibs fans. That’s not very clever.

I think the standard answer here is, they are under pressure, and working late in the evening too. :wink:

The Harp Awakes
10-08-2021, 09:50 AM
Assume it will just have been missed maybe new staff in who weren't here when the promises were made. Again assume will be quickly resolved.

That's what it looks like to me, probably a genuine mistake. Best for the club to come clean and admit it otherwise this is going to end up a car crash.

Steven79
10-08-2021, 09:53 AM

Kids prices are a joke at Easter Road (apart from season tickets in the FFL) and clubs like Motherwell are looking at the future far more than we are with their cheap tickets for kids.

They charge £3 for kids tickets per match while we charge between £10 - £14 so you can buy a under 15 season ticket for the same price that we charge for a under 11 match ticket.

We also charge £105 for a kids season ticket in the majority of seats inside the stadium which is way too high.

That rises to £165 after the early bird...

As for the game on Sunday, Two adults season ticket holders with two kids would have to pay £60 and if the kids were over 11 then add another fiver on for each.

Long term this short term approach will start to hit the club if adults stop bringing their kids becuase of the price.

Also way to reward fans for sticking by the team as we all paid for season tickets last season and didn't get to a single match along with half the season ticket holders unable to see the opening home fixture of the season last Sunday.

Real Emerald
10-08-2021, 09:55 AM
That's what it looks like to me, probably a genuine mistake. Best for the club to come clean and admit it otherwise this is going to end up a car crash.

I think that would be their best option. I know a few people who had ST’s last year but due to the pandemic couldn’t afford to renew this year. A bit of a kick in the teeth that Killie fans can buy cheaper tickets than them for the first restriction free game back.

Brightside
10-08-2021, 09:56 AM

Big fan of your work KP but that doesn’t add up when it’s £20 for the Killie fans. If someone’s made a mistake it’s best just to admit that and move on.

ian cruise
10-08-2021, 09:56 AM

The Killie tickets are only available to their season ticket holders and those who took part in their privileged seat holder scheme. The club already faced a fan backlash over a promise to reimburse tickets from last season so it's not out with the realms of possibility they're making a similar deal for their season ticket holders with a discounted rate as we are for ours, hence the £20 price.

Steven79
10-08-2021, 09:58 AM
Big fan of your work KP but that doesn’t add up when it’s £20 for the Killie fans. If someone’s made a mistake it’s best just to admit that and move on.

Exactly! How can we be getting a discount when Killie fans are paying the same as season ticket holders?

I'm going to give this one a miss and others should do the same.

BlackSheep
10-08-2021, 09:59 AM
Sorry if this has been covered, but I can’t find it anywhere…

Apart from those who are displaced from the west, do we get first dibs on our usual ST seats for this game?

Real Emerald
10-08-2021, 09:59 AM
Sorry if this has been covered, but I can’t find it anywhere…

Apart from those who are displaced from the west, do we get first dibs on our usual ST seats for this game?

Nope

Sir David Gray
10-08-2021, 10:00 AM
The Killie tickets are only available to their season ticket holders and those who took part in their privileged seat holder scheme. The club already faced a fan backlash over a promise to reimburse tickets from last season so it's not out with the realms of possibility they're making a similar deal for their season ticket holders with a discounted rate as we are for ours, hence the £20 price.

I don't follow.

My understanding is that both teams come to an agreement over pricing and it's the home team's season ticket holders who get a discount.

hibbysam
10-08-2021, 10:00 AM
Kids prices are a joke at Easter Road (apart from season tickets in the FFL) and clubs like Motherwell are looking at the future far more than we are with their cheap tickets for kids.

They charge £3 for kids tickets per match while we charge between £10 - £14 so you can buy a under 15 season ticket for the same price that we charge for a under 11 match ticket.

We also charge £105 for a kids season ticket in the majority of seats inside the stadium which is way too high.

That rises to £165 after the early bird...

As for the game on Sunday, Two adults season ticket holders with two kids would have to pay £60 and if the kids were over 11 then add another fiver on for each.

Long term this short term approach will start to hit the club if adults stop bringing their kids becuase of the price.

Also way to reward fans for sticking by the team as we all paid for season tickets last season and didn't get to a single match along with half the season ticket holders unable to see the opening home fixture of the season last Sunday.

Whilst I agree in parts, it’s easier for a club like Motherwell to do so. They don’t have a huge support and need to get all the fans they can through the gate and have plenty empty seats that wouldn’t be sold otherwise. Hibs games are >50% sold through ST’s, and another 10% or so through away fans (20% for cat A games), so we only have another 30% of tickets to sell. Most of these get snapped up most weeks, our income would therefore take a hit if we were to start slashing prices.

Now, whether I agree with the above or not, that’s the long and short of it and can see it from both sides. But also why it’s so hard to compare us to Motherwell, although they’ve to be completely commended for the work they do!

Steven79
10-08-2021, 10:03 AM
Whilst I agree in parts, it’s easier for a club like Motherwell to do so. They don’t have a huge support and need to get all the fans they can through the gate and have plenty empty seats that wouldn’t be sold otherwise. Hibs games are >50% sold through ST’s, and another 10% or so through away fans (20% for cat A games), so we only have another 30% of tickets to sell. Most of these get snapped up most weeks, our income would therefore take a hit if we were to start slashing prices.

Now, whether I agree with the above or not, that’s the long and short of it and can see it from both sides. But also why it’s so hard to compare us to Motherwell, although they’ve to be completely commended for the work they do!

Compare our kids prices to most teams in the league and you will see that we charge far too much.

BlackSheep
10-08-2021, 10:03 AM
Nope

Ah really… fair enough.

Brightside
10-08-2021, 10:04 AM
Compare our kids prices to most teams in the league and you will see that we charge far too much.

Do we charge more than Celtic / Rangers.

Billy Whizz
10-08-2021, 10:04 AM

Remember KP’s only a volunteer, he’s not a paid employee
The highly paid people making these decisions are nowhere to be seen or heard

hibbysam
10-08-2021, 10:06 AM

I’ve never checked and don’t take kids so haven’t needed to compare but most clubs fall under the same scenario I put for Motherwell, they’d rather a kid at £5 than a seat sitting empty, and they have thousands of seats empty. We are different in that regard. I also don’t think £10-14 (going by your post) is too much for a kid going to a top level football game.

Steven79
Do we charge more than Celtic / Rangers.

I know Celtic used to charge less than us but I'm not sure about their current prices.

They used to charge £7/£9 for kids per game.

ian cruise
I don't follow.

My understanding is that both teams come to an agreement over pricing and it's the home team's season ticket holders who get a discount.

Is that an official rule? I wasn't claiming the above was fact by the way, but I could see teams offering their season ticket holders a discount on away ties if they were allowed to try make up for disappointments over last season.

If the rules are only home fans are allowed discounts then that won't be the case.

Anthony Soprano
10-08-2021, 10:08 AM
Someone's made an arse of this.

For all the positive changes we've made, the club are still poor at rewarding loyalty, ST holders being taken for granted.

The fact a Hibs fan would have would have to pay more for a ticket on general sale than a Killie fan is an absolute joke and it's clear no discount was initially intended.

Will watch this one on the TV.

Peevemor
10-08-2021, 10:08 AM
The fact a post above states the Killie tickets are £20 would suggest there is no discount being applied?If Hibs sell out to ST holders only then the highest priced ticket is £20. Normally you're not permitted to charge away fans more than your highest priced home ticket.

Maybe that's the reason?

hibbysam
10-08-2021, 10:10 AM
If Hibs sell out to ST holders only then the highest priced ticket is £20. Normally you're not permitted to charge away fans more than your highest priced home ticket.

Maybe that's the reason?

That’s not the case, Hibs would just have to stump up the £2 for every paying fan to make up the ‘discount’ when it comes to the gate split.

Steven79
10-08-2021, 10:12 AM
We keep hearing that "Both teams needs to agree to the pricing" So how come other clubs always charge less than us for cup ties.

Hearts always seem to have cheaper tickets for cup ties even when playing smaller teams that would fancy a pay day against a "Big team"

When they played Auchinleck Talbot in the Scottish Cup back in 2019 the prices were £15 for adults, £10 for concessions and U16's £5.

If we had played them then the prices would probably have been an extra £5 each so make up your own mind on who is telling the truth...

soul_driver
10-08-2021, 10:14 AM
We were restricted to 5,600 tickets on Sunday by the council as social distancing rules applied until yesterday.

Obviously I know that but was that figure based on 2 stands or 4 stands being available. That's what we don't know.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2021, 10:17 AM
Obviously I know that but was that figure based on 2 stands or 4 stands being available. That's what we don't know.

On the basis that Hearts were allowed 5,272 fans against Celtic, I don't think it would have made any difference.

soul_driver
10-08-2021, 10:19 AM
On the basis that Hearts were allowed 5,272 fans against Celtic, I don't think it would have made any difference.

Yeah possibly. I'll let it lie. Just feel sorry for all the season ticket holders who missed the game on Sunday when there were 2 empty stands.

my left peg
10-08-2021, 10:20 AM
St Johnstone doing a great deal for the Galatasary game,free for season ticket holders and they can take two kids under 12 free as well.
People say that hibs have a bigger support than the likes of Motherwell and St Johnstone so can’t afford to help their supporters financially,but I’ve supported hibs for fifty years and successive boards have taken the hibs support for granted so much so that in the early eighties we were down to hard core of about four thousand,mind you it hasn’t put me off!

Steven79
10-08-2021, 10:21 AM

Surely with an extra stand free and not playing one half of the Old Firm we would have been allowed more fans in?

Motherwell have more fans in their ground which is smaller than Easter Road when we played them...

JXM73
10-08-2021, 10:21 AM
Exactly! How can we be getting a discount when Killie fans are paying the same as season ticket holders?

I'm going to give this one a miss and others should do the same.

Good riddance, let the grown ups enjoy the game... everyone after whats in it for me, ffs

Steven79
10-08-2021, 10:22 AM
St Johnstone doing a great deal for the Galatasary game,free for season ticket holders and they can take two kids under 12 free as well.
People say that hibs have a bigger support than the likes of Motherwell and St Johnstone so can’t afford to help their supporters financially,but I’ve supported hibs for fifty years and successive boards have taken the hibs support for granted so much so that in the early eighties we were down to hard core of about four thousand,mind you it hasn’t put me off!

Loyalty goes both ways and it's time they showed some rather than just taking the piss out of fans.|

I include Scottish football as a whole in this as for far too long they have taken paying fans for granted.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2021, 10:22 AM
Is that an official rule? I wasn't claiming the above was fact by the way, but I could see teams offering their season ticket holders a discount on away ties if they were allowed to try make up for disappointments over last season.

If the rules are only home fans are allowed discounts then that won't be the case.

I don't think it's an official rule in that the home team's season ticket holders must get into cup games at a discounted price, I just mean that when the price is agreed between the two clubs, if the home team wants to provide a discount to its season ticket holders then it's only them who benefit.

I've never heard of the home team's non-season ticket holders paying more than the away fans.

Steven79
10-08-2021, 10:23 AM
Good riddance, let the grown ups enjoy the game... everyone after whats in it for me, ffs

Yawn!

We have been promised something (Not for the first time either) and it's not happening.

We paid good money last season and didn't get into the ground either, no fault of Hibs obviously but it's nothing like "What's in it for me" just a case of loyalty going both ways.

Maybe you are the one that needs to grow up?

soul_driver
10-08-2021, 10:23 AM

That's unfair. Hibs shouldn't state that there will be a cup discount as a benefit of buying a season ticket and then not do it.

oneone73
10-08-2021, 10:25 AM
That's unfair. Hibs shouldn't state that there will be a cup discount as a benefit of buying a season ticket and then not do it.

Agree 100%

JXM73
10-08-2021, 10:25 AM
Yawn!

Childish as always, thanks for proving my point

Brightside
10-08-2021, 10:27 AM
Remember KP’s only a volunteer, he’s not a paid employee
The highly paid people making these decisions are nowhere to be seen or heard

And to be clear I’m not saying that has anything to do with KP. He’s just bringing the message to the fans which we are always appreciative off. The answer he been supplied makes very little sense though. We cannot be discounting the Killie Season Tickets too. So unless Killie come out and say they are paying £22 but only charging their STs £20 then we have a mistake here.

JXM73
10-08-2021, 10:29 AM

I get that and questions do need to be answered, but acting like a spoiled little child will do nothing...

Steven79
10-08-2021, 10:29 AM
Childish as always, thanks for proving my point

As always you don't have a point.

You are the one that is acting childish as per and it's just boring.

JXM73
10-08-2021, 10:33 AM
And again, another nothing post, as per.

allezsauzee
10-08-2021, 10:35 AM
It would seem to be a bit of a PR own goal from Hibs but maybe it's taken them by surprise how many people shelled out more than £400 on a ST in order to get a £2 discount on a league cup tie.

steve75
10-08-2021, 10:35 AM
And to be clear I’m not saying that has anything to do with KP. He’s just bringing the message to the fans which we are always appreciative off. The answer he been supplied makes very little sense though. We cannot be discounting the Killie Season Tickets too. So unless Killie come out and say they are paying £22 but only charging their STs £20 then we have a mistake here.

I think that's likely to be proven to be the case in the end. (Killie absorbing the cost)

Biggest issue here now is the the price is clearly pushing to the limit of acceptable to many. I'll probably pay it and go as I enjoy the day out, but can see the issue.

Early cup came against a Championship team should never cost £22. That's a Cat A price from not too long ago.

Real Emerald
10-08-2021, 10:39 AM
It would seem to be a bit of a PR own goal from Hibs but maybe it's taken them by surprise how many people shelled out more than £400 on a ST in order to get a £2 discount on a league cup tie.

I don’t think anyone is that interested in £2 TBH. It’s the principle of making sure your own season ticket holders and fans are shown some appreciation for keeping the club going and renewing ST’s two years on the trot not knowing whether you are going to get in or not. It is a PR own goal.

JXM73
10-08-2021, 10:40 AM
Already a queue lol

oldbutdim
10-08-2021, 10:54 AM
Already a queue lol

Is there? Whereabouts?

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2021, 11:06 AM
A wee breach of the T&Cs never hurt anyone.

JXM73
10-08-2021, 11:07 AM
Looks like kille getting half of west stand, that's more than a 1000 seats? (All greyed out)

hibbysam
10-08-2021, 11:09 AM
Looks like kille getting half of west stand, that's more than a 1000 seats? (All greyed out)

Think that’ll be down to the ‘red zone’ that clubs are talking about - as well as segregation etc.

Craig_HFC
10-08-2021, 11:09 AM
In & out with 4 tickets in about 2 minutes, same as the other times I've used it. This new queuing system is far better than the old circle of death.

Buzzing to actually be back in my season ticket seat for the first time since March 2020.

Hermit Crab
10-08-2021, 11:10 AM
In & out with 4 tickets in about 2 minutes, same as the other times I've used it. This new queuing system is far better than the old circle of death.

Buzzing to actually be back in my season ticket seat for the first time since March 2020.

What a difference when you actually pay for a better system instead of just going with the basic system. About time eh.

MurrayfieldHibs
10-08-2021, 11:11 AM
I am only getting the option to buy a Happy Hibee Draw not match tickets…

Brightside
10-08-2021, 11:11 AM
4 Seats right behind Jack. I hope hes not wearing his white gutties.

Hermit Crab
10-08-2021, 11:12 AM
I am only getting the option to buy a Happy Hibee Draw not match tickets…

You logged in?

MurrayfieldHibs
10-08-2021, 11:13 AM
You logged in?

Yes.

hibee_girl
I got my own seats in the east stand no problem, all done within two minutes :aok:

Sir David Gray
Something I've just realised is I take it any wheelchair users from Kilmarnock will be in the West stand which will be in the home end of the West stand and will mean they'll be separated from the rest of their own support, who will be up the other end of the stand.

Really disappointing if that's the case.

Brightside
10-08-2021, 11:14 AM
Yes.

you have to then select the game option.

Hermit Crab
10-08-2021, 11:14 AM
Yes.

Try clicking on single match tickets tab and selecting all matches

MurrayfieldHibs
10-08-2021, 11:15 AM
Try clicking on single match tickets tab and selecting all matches

Got in now. Thanks!

oldbutdim
10-08-2021, 11:41 AM
Got in now. Thanks!

I was the same, couldn’t understand chat about already queuing!

hibby6270
10-08-2021, 11:50 AM
Someone has beat me to my own seats. How very dare they!!
Alternatively, maybe shows my seats as decent LOL
Managed to secure same seat numbers in the row in front of my usual, so no real complaints. :wink:

davhibby
10-08-2021, 01:24 PM

Is it not more the point that Hibs set out various benefits of getting an ST this season and we’re 2 weeks into the season and they’ve already ignored one of them. If they weren’t going to actually give the benefits they just shouldn’t have mentioned them beforehand. The ticketing pricing etc so far this season hasn’t been great and there’s been a few gaffes already, hopefully the new CEO can make a difference here

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2021, 02:16 PM
Is it not more the point that Hibs set out various benefits of getting an ST this season and we’re 2 weeks into the season and they’ve already ignored one of them. If they weren’t going to actually give the benefits they just shouldn’t have mentioned them beforehand. The ticketing pricing etc so far this season hasn’t been great and there’s been a few gaffes already, hopefully the new CEO can make a difference here

Yeah - everything on field and football side seems in safe hands. New CEO can focus on sorting some of the off field gaffes.

Oscar T Grouch
10-08-2021, 02:42 PM
Got my ST seat and I am so happy I will be back in that seat for the first time in a long time. :greengrin

Brightside
10-08-2021, 06:28 PM
£32 for Aberdeen. 😂

Borderhibbie76
10-08-2021, 07:23 PM
Yeah possibly. I'll let it lie. Just feel sorry for all the season ticket holders who missed the game on Sunday when there were 2 empty stands.

Please give this a rest we were still under restrictions on Sunday and limited capacity...its been covered to death no matter how many times u repeat it mate its makes no difference

Hermit Crab
10-08-2021, 07:31 PM
£32 for Aberdeen. 😂

For the league cup? No danger its that much.

Borderhibbie76
10-08-2021, 07:31 PM
For the league cup? No danger its that much.

Think it's maybe for Thurs night HC

Hermit Crab
10-08-2021, 07:34 PM
https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/aberdeen/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/09090316/Price-Table.jpg

Since452
10-08-2021, 07:40 PM
https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/aberdeen/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/09090316/Price-Table.jpg

Those prices are horrific

hibbysam
10-08-2021, 07:42 PM

That for Thursday? Their sales seem very well too! Strange pricing nonetheless.

Brightside
10-08-2021, 07:45 PM
It’s £32 for their euro game.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2021, 07:51 PM
That for Thursday? Their sales seem very well too! Strange pricing nonetheless.

Yes for Thursday.

Those prices are ridiculous.

oneone73
10-08-2021, 08:05 PM
Yes for Thursday.

Those prices are ridiculous.

If Hibs had that pricing structure for our game,my seat (West Upper, silver) would be £25. Not outrageous.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2021, 08:08 PM
If Hibs had that pricing structure for our game,my seat (West Upper, silver) would be £25. Not outrageous.

I think charging over £30 for a European qualifier against a team from Iceland is far too much.

Hermit Crab
10-08-2021, 08:25 PM
I think charging over £30 for a European qualifier against a team from Iceland is far too much.

Yeah, its ridiculous.

tamig
10-08-2021, 08:46 PM

Poor post. FF ST holders can’t get access to their own seats.

Ringothedog
11-08-2021, 01:31 PM
Yeah, its ridiculous.

Maybe it is, but their fans are paying it. This is one of the reasons we will never compete with them on a financial basis. They will make about £250k more than us in gate receipts, will more than likely go through to the next round which is at least another £200k in prize money and a potential full house worth another £500k. Close on £1m even if they get knocked out in the next round . We have to win tomorrow not just for the kudos but the dosh we could make.

Ringothedog
11-08-2021, 01:33 PM

Technically nobody can get access to their “own” seats.

jeffers
11-08-2021, 01:35 PM
Maybe it is, but their fans are paying it. This is one of the reasons we will never compete with them on a financial basis. They will make about £250k more than us in gate receipts, will more than likely go through to the next round which is at least another £200k in prize money and a potential full house worth another £500k. Close on £1m even if they get knocked out in the next round . We have to win tomorrow not just for the kudos but the dosh we could make.

We have bigger home crowds than them and more season ticket holders. That’s not why we struggle to compete with them on a financial basis.

Ringothedog
11-08-2021, 01:54 PM
We have bigger home crowds than them and more season ticket holders. That’s not why we struggle to compete with them on a financial basis.

It is one of the reasons. our fans expect the cheapest tickets but the best team. Our average crowd is about 2500 more than theirs, even going at £20 a ticket that’s about £950k over a season. They are making that from a couple of games. If they by some miracle get to the group stages then they are earning millions more. We have to beat Rijeka, this will help us retain our better players

davhibby
11-08-2021, 01:56 PM
It is one of the reasons. our fans expect the cheapest tickets but the best team. Our average crowd is about 2500 more than theirs, even going at £20 a ticket that’s about £950k over a season. They are making that from a couple of games. If they by some miracle get to the group stages then they are earning millions more. We have to beat Rijeka, this will help us retain our better players

Our tickets aren’t cheaper than theirs, the last season with fans we charged more for the Hibs/Aberdeen fixtures than they did.

jeffers
11-08-2021, 02:05 PM

I disagree. I don’t think our fans expect the cheapest tickets, but some of us take issue with what we believe to be the most expensive ones. The argument maybe holds up to an extent now we are competing at the top of the league but cup tickets have been high for as long as I can remember even when we haven’t had a team as good as we have now.

Where I do agree is getting further in Europe is clearly a way of increasing revenue. I just don’t agree, which may not have been what you meant, that fans aren’t backing the club.

Ringothedog
11-08-2021, 02:45 PM
I disagree. I don’t think our fans expect the cheapest tickets, but some of us take issue with what we believe to be the most expensive ones. The argument maybe holds up to an extent now we are competing at the top of the league but cup tickets have been high for as long as I can remember even when we haven’t had a team as good as we have now.

Where I do agree is getting further in Europe is clearly a way of increasing revenue. I just don’t agree, which may not have been what you meant, that fans aren’t backing the club.

Our fans definitely back the club as best we can. I just get irritated when have pages of discussion on the price of tickets and hot debates on why we should reduce the price. I for one would want the cup top up brought back
This would take away a lot of the problems with cup ticket pricing

Hibstrooper
11-08-2021, 03:54 PM
Are the tickets for the Killie game on public sale yet? Can’t see any mention of it from Hibs. Keen to take the wee man so having to wait for public sale.

JGS56
11-08-2021, 04:03 PM
Are the tickets for the Killie game on public sale yet? Can’t see any mention of it from Hibs. Keen to take the wee man so having to wait for public sale.

I am sure I read somewhere that they go on general sale sometime on Thursday (but cannot find where I read this, so apologies if this is wrong).

Brooster
11-08-2021, 06:01 PM
Apologies if this has already been covered. I've bought my ticket for Sunday, will it be added to my season card? Just wondered if I can swipe my card rather than print the ticket off.

BoomtownHibees
11-08-2021, 06:05 PM
Apologies if this has already been covered. I've bought my ticket for Sunday, will it be added to my season card? Just wondered if I can swipe my card rather than print the ticket off.

Na. Electronic copy of your ticket will be emailed to you then you can add it to Google Pay or your Apple wallet and scan it that way

King Cosell
11-08-2021, 07:44 PM
"Another brilliant day of ticket sales with lots of you taking advantage of our reduced ticket prices..."

£10 adults, £5 concessions/kids for Livi v St Mirren.

RyeSloan
11-08-2021, 07:55 PM
"Another brilliant day of ticket sales with lots of you taking advantage of our reduced ticket prices..."

How many is ‘lots’?

It’s been done to death but heavily discounting tickets does not increase the crowd proportionally to make up the difference.

Could the tickets have been cheaper as some sort of ‘pay back’ or ‘thanks’ for the support in season tickets last year…maybe but would a few quid off really have registered that much for the few thousand that will bother to go along anyway?

That said they do seem to have missed the discount thing but hey ho there is a new boss at the helm so things might take a wee while to settle into a rhythm.

As it is I’m fine with Hibs trying to maximise revenue and not gonna get too upset about the prices for this one match.

King Cosell
11-08-2021, 08:00 PM
How many is ‘lots’?

It’s been done to death but heavily discounting tickets does not increase the crowd proportionally to make up the difference.

Could the tickets have been cheaper as some sort of ‘pay back’ or ‘thanks’ for the support in season tickets last year…maybe but would a few quid off really have registered that much for the few thousand that will bother to go along anyway?

That said they do seem to have missed the discount thing but hey ho there is a new boss at the helm so things might take a wee while to settle into a rhythm.

As it is I’m fine with Hibs trying to maximise revenue and not gonna get too upset about the prices for this one match.

I wouldn't have a problem if the club charged a bit extra for the Euro games but they should have reduced it a bit for a Championship team in the round of 16 of the Premier Cup.

lord bunberry
11-08-2021, 08:03 PM
It’s got nothing to do with why we can’t compete with them on a financial basis. Their turnover is much bigger than ours and that’s got nothing to do with charging a bit more for the odd European game.

jgl07
11-08-2021, 08:15 PM

It’s hardly comparable. Livingston have a 10,000 capacity stadium and a core support of 1,000 or so. Hibs have (for this match) a 11,000 capacity stadium (home section) and a core support of 13,000-14,000?

Best of luck to Livingston in building up a decent core support. It can’t be easy in an area traditionally dominated by Rangers a lot of support for Celtic, Hearts and Hibs.

lord bunberry
11-08-2021, 08:37 PM
I bought tickets earlier and at the final stage I got a message saying that there was an error but I should get an email confirmation of my purchase. I’ve not had that email and there’s no tickets showing in my account, but my bank has £50 pending to hibs. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edit. I’m talking pish, they were in my account history, I just clicked resend email and I got confirmation.

Real Emerald
11-08-2021, 09:26 PM

Just caught up with this. “Poor post”! It’s a fact that season ticket holders in the West stand are being denied access to their seats to accommodate Killie fans, who in turn are paying less to go to the game than non ST holder Hibs fans. I’m very aware the FF ST holders are also unable to purchase seats and I was able by being quick to buy my own East Stand seat. It was a fact not a “poor post”, to be clear.

Anyway it’s I irrelevant now, just hope we all enjoy being back and get through to the next round. 🤞👍🇳🇬

Garymcl
12-08-2021, 09:41 AM
Sorry if already been mentioned but promised two grandchildren to take them to first game at Easter road when do tickets go on public sale is it today cheers in advance ggtth

nlandsafchibee
12-08-2021, 10:58 AM
Sorry if already been mentioned but promised two grandchildren to take them to first game at Easter road when do tickets go on public sale is it today cheers in advance ggtth

Just got e mail from Mel in box office to say they are now 11.13 on general sale

Moulin Yarns
12-08-2021, 12:09 PM
https://news.stv.tv/entertainment/cineworld-hikes-ticket-prices-by-40-since-reopening

I see that if you want entertainment it's going to cost you a lot more.

CentreLine
12-08-2021, 12:25 PM
https://news.stv.tv/entertainment/cineworld-hikes-ticket-prices-by-40-since-reopening

I see that if you want entertainment it's going to cost you a lot more.

That’s Bobby Williamson missing out then 😉

hibbyfraelibby
12-08-2021, 02:33 PM
Just got e mail from Mel in box office to say they are now 11.13 on general sale

So we haven't sold out to STs again?

Billy Whizz
12-08-2021, 02:35 PM
So we haven't sold out to STs again?

We never get near the 1/2 of season ticket holders at this stage of the tournament

Mikey_1875
12-08-2021, 02:42 PM
Notice Kilmarnock have said they have just under 200 left going to general sale so it’s likely they will sell their 1000 allocation. Should make for a good atmosphere hopefully.

jeffers
12-08-2021, 03:06 PM
Have the prices been confirmed for general sale ?

Brightside
12-08-2021, 03:10 PM

But its Livi. You can get it even cheaper than that by just standing on the hill.

Sir David Gray
12-08-2021, 03:13 PM

Hibs haven't announced anything today with regards to Sunday's match as far as I can see.

Mikey_1875
12-08-2021, 03:21 PM

Logged out of my account for a look and seems you can buy them on general sale now for £20.

hibeedonald
12-08-2021, 03:22 PM
Just bought 2 in the General Sale, £20 each.

jeffers
12-08-2021, 03:27 PM
Cheers for the replies, so the chat about season ticket holders getting discount was in fact pish after all.

Sir David Gray
12-08-2021, 03:45 PM
Just bought 2 in the General Sale, £20 each.

Surely not, we were told the other day that if it went to a general sale the cost would be £22 for an adult ticket.

I think a senior member of staff from the club needs to come out and explain exactly what's going on here.

hibbysam
12-08-2021, 03:52 PM
Cheers for the replies, so the chat about season ticket holders getting discount was in fact pish after all.

Of course it will be, let’s be honest it was clear when both ours and Killies prices were identical that someone had dropped the ball on it 😂 then trying to recover it by making up some nonsense without telling ticketmaster about it.

Nothing about general sale in the original release about tickets, and here we are with 3 days to go until the game with absolutely nothing from the club about it to try and push ticket sales.

EdinburghHibern
12-08-2021, 09:53 PM
Maybe would have been good for the club to do something for those that missed out in the ballot for the Ross County game or indeed the fans who bought season tickets last season and didn't see a single game in person.

Don't know how Motherwell are able to give out free season tickets this season but what a gesture that is.

CMurdoch
13-08-2021, 10:14 AM
Maybe would have been good for the club to do something for those that missed out in the ballot for the Ross County game or indeed the fans who bought season tickets last season and didn't see a single game in person.

Don't know how Motherwell are able to give out free season tickets this season but what a gesture that is.

Motherwell are a fan owned club so can do what they want.
Think they have been too generous but must be able to afford it.
Perhaps they didn't sell many ST'S last season and those were to the die hards who will still want to put their money in.

CentreLine
13-08-2021, 10:19 AM
Motherwell are a fan owned club so can do what they want.
Think they have been too generous but must be able to afford it.
Perhaps they didn't sell many ST'S last season and those were to the die hards who will still want to put their money in.

Nail on head, it’s a fan owned club with fans making decisions that are unlikely to make any business sense whatsoever, in the long or the short term. I’m so glad Hibs are not run by the contributors to the various football forums

CMurdoch
13-08-2021, 10:24 AM
Ron, as before I will offer you a fair £20 for 2 tickets for my son and myself for Sunday.
Remember our family and many others gave you loads of money last season for little return to help your club in your time of need.

No

Suit yourself businessman.
Good luck on selling 12,000 at those prices.

jeffers
13-08-2021, 10:28 AM
Of course it will be, let’s be honest it was clear when both ours and Killies prices were identical that someone had dropped the ball on it 😂 then trying to recover it by making up some nonsense without telling ticketmaster about it.

Nothing about general sale in the original release about tickets, and here we are with 3 days to go until the game with absolutely nothing from the club about it to try and push ticket sales.

I know that. What disappointed me more than anything was Kieran being expected to come on here and spin the line that there was a discount. Pretty poor way to treat him and more so us as fans. Really not been a good couple of weeks from Hibs with regards ticketing.

Potty78
13-08-2021, 10:46 AM
Adults £15 and kids free would have been a shout.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2021, 10:46 AM
I know that. What disappointed me more than anything was Kieran being expected to come on here and spin the line that there was a discount. Pretty poor way to treat him and more so us as fans. Really not been a good couple of weeks from Hibs with regards ticketing.

:agree: Last night aside things are looking largely positive on the pitch but off it there's quite a few things I'm really disappointed about.

Hibs really need to up their game off the park, it's really not good enough in my opinion failing to honour one of the main perks of having a season ticket even if we are just talking about £2.

Moulin Yarns
13-08-2021, 10:50 AM
Adults £15 and kids free would have been a shout.

Is ther not a thing that both clubs has to agree ticket prices, maybe it's the case that Killie wanted the higher price. Just a thought.

Potty78
13-08-2021, 10:55 AM
Is ther not a thing that both clubs has to agree ticket prices, maybe it's the case that Killie wanted the higher price. Just a thought.

Probably and it just shows how greedy clubs are.

Steven79
13-08-2021, 11:05 AM
Probably and it just shows how greedy clubs are.It's only against Hibs that clubs refuse go to to a lower price?

my left peg
13-08-2021, 11:09 AM

It is,but I doubt every team that comes to Easter road in an early round cup tie refuses to accept a reduction in price,but we will never know.
Went on the ticketing and hibs are charging £22 for a general sale ticket,so we did get our £2 season ticket discount after all!

Sir David Gray
13-08-2021, 11:12 AM
It is,but I doubt every team that comes to Easter road in an early round cup tie refuses to accept a reduction in price,but we will never know.
Went on the ticketing and hibs are charging £22 for a general sale ticket,so we did get our £2 season ticket discount after all!

I retract my earlier statement then!

Strange that we had people on here yesterday saying they had got theirs for £20.

Potty78
13-08-2021, 11:16 AM
It's only against Hibs that clubs refuse go to to a lower price?

I have no idea, just think Hibs and Killie could have agreed to make it cheaper and get more kids in. League cup crowds now until the final are never great!

Leitherhibs
13-08-2021, 11:36 AM
So Hibs are charging £22 for a League Cup game in which we'll likely sell less than 5k?

£20 was the limit for me, it's only £2 but I'm not paying extra.

hibsforeurope
13-08-2021, 11:38 AM

Strange that we had people on here yesterday saying they had got theirs for £20.

But now Hibs fans are paying more for a general sale ticket than killie fans. total ****** up here by Hibs.

Chorley Hibee
13-08-2021, 11:42 AM

Yet Kilmarnock fans were only charged £20!

Incredible that we're asking more from our walk up support than the opposition support.

Great way to get supporters on board.

B.H.F.C
13-08-2021, 11:48 AM
Yet Kilmarnock fans were only charged £20!

Incredible that we're asking more from our walk up support than the opposition support.

Great way to get supporters on board.

Madness. They’ve clearly ‘forgotten’ about the promised discount and tried to mask it by doing something that is even worse.

No way should any Hibs supporter be paying more than a Killie fan to sit in the same stand in our own stadium.

They’ve got this well wrong.

flash
13-08-2021, 11:49 AM
Madness. They’ve clearly ‘forgotten’ about the promised discount and tried to mask it by doing something that is even worse.

No way should any Hibs supporter be paying more than a Killie fan to sit in the same stand in our own stadium.

They’ve got this well wrong.

Looks like that's exactly what they have done.
I would have charged everybody 20.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2021, 11:58 AM
But now Hibs fans are paying more for a general sale ticket than killie fans. total ****** up here by Hibs.

That's true.

Only explanation that might help to clear things up is if Kilmarnock have paid the difference to allow their fans to get in for the cheaper price.

If not then there's still some explaining to do from whoever is in charge of ticketing.

The Harp Awakes
13-08-2021, 12:09 PM
Mentioned earlier in the thread that I thought this was heading for a car crash. Looks like the crash has happened but no-one is around to pick up the pieces.

Someone has mucked up here, just as every human being on the planet does from time to time. When it happens, you just need to put your hands up, apologise, learn from your mistakes then move on.

A classic off the pitch, own goal sadly.

jeffers
13-08-2021, 12:14 PM

Thats even worse in some respects. Though if true I apologise to KP, but it’s still a F up regardless.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2021, 12:24 PM
Thats even worse in some respects. Though if true I apologise to KP, but it’s still a F up regardless.

Two posts on this thread yesterday at 16:21 and 16:22 confirmed two people bought tickets yesterday in the general sale for £20.

If that is indeed true then not only did season ticket holders not get their discount but it would seem some general sale ticket holders are paying more than others.

Very odd goings on.

Mikey_1875
13-08-2021, 12:38 PM
Two posts on this thread yesterday at 16:21 and 16:22 confirmed two people bought tickets yesterday in the general sale for £20.

If that is indeed true then not only did season ticket holders not get their discount but it would seem some general sale ticket holders are paying more than others.

Very odd goings on.

They were definitely £20 yesterday available for anyone to buy, checking now and they are up to £22. Can only assume someone missed the deadline to put the prices up because as you said yesterday there was no official announcement about tickets being available on general sale, but people were clearly able to buy them if they logged on yesterday.

jeffers
13-08-2021, 12:45 PM

Very odd goings on.

I saw that SDG, I wondered if maybe they were season ticket holders who’d just bought their tickets once the general sale started and had got the “discounted” price.

An explanation would be nice. The ghost tickets was another F up, but at least with that Ben came on and apologised. The silence on this one however isn’t impressive. Too often at present the club are making no comment and appearing to hope we’ll just forget about it.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2021, 12:45 PM
They were definitely £20 yesterday available for anyone to buy, checking now and they are up to £22. Can only assume someone missed the deadline to put the prices up because as you said yesterday there was no official announcement about tickets being available on general sale, but people were clearly able to buy them if they logged on yesterday.

Cheers I assume you bought them at £20 as a non-season ticket holder?

Mikey_1875
13-08-2021, 12:52 PM
Cheers I assume you bought them at £20 as a non-season ticket holder?

No I bought mine as ST on Tuesday, was interested to see what price they were selling them on general sale though so just made sure I was logged out of my account and had a look (too much time on my hands :greengrin) Think there was a post below with someone actually purchasing them at £20 though.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2021, 12:55 PM
No I bought mine as ST on Tuesday, was interested to see what price they were selling them on general sale though so just made sure I was logged out of my account and had a look (too much time on my hands :greengrin) Think there was a post below with someone actually purchasing them at £20 though.

Ah right ok thanks.

hibbysam
13-08-2021, 01:01 PM

100%. No blame will go to someone passing on a message, those behind the scenes need to take a hard look at themselves this week.

He's here!
13-08-2021, 01:04 PM
So Hibs are charging £22 for a League Cup game in which we'll likely sell less than 5k?

£20 was the limit for me, it's only £2 but I'm not paying extra.

The crowd will surely be bigger than 5k? Last night's disappointment will have stalled sales but I'd be surprised if the take-up is as low as that.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2021, 01:07 PM
The crowd will surely be bigger than 5k? Last night's disappointment will have stalled sales but I'd be surprised if the take-up is as low as that.

Look at the sales on the online stadium plan, 5k won't be far off. Very poor but I blame the pricing structure.

Radium
13-08-2021, 01:18 PM
Look at the sales on the online stadium plan, 5k won't be far off. Very poor but I blame the pricing structure.

Availability in the East just now - was it St Mirren a few years ago when we had less than 5K - sure it was the Fyvie card match?

Stuart93
13-08-2021, 01:19 PM
We seem to be struggling to get fans back

Hermit Crab
13-08-2021, 01:20 PM
Availability in the East just now - was it St Mirren a few years ago when we had less than 5K - sure it was the Fyvie card match?

Horrendous eh. I'm wondering if folk are thinking they can watch it on Hibs tv and not bothering? They'll be in for a shock.

Billy Whizz
13-08-2021, 01:21 PM
Draw for the next round is after the Celtic v Hearts game on Sunday
Just make we’re in the hat, Hibs

Billy Whizz
13-08-2021, 01:24 PM
Horrendous eh. I'm wondering if folk are thinking they can watch it on Hibs tv and not bothering? They'll be in for a shock.

We always get low crowds in these rounds, and fans have had a lot of extra games to pay for, so not really a surprise. Some fans have not even been able to use their paid for, season ticket yet!

Hibs v Morton in this round 2 years ago, had just over 6,500 at it

He's here!
13-08-2021, 01:32 PM
We seem to be struggling to get fans back

Said it the other day, but a lot of fans will still be in unforgiving mood from the cup final (just look at how season ticket sales slowed to a trickle after that), while last night's result will all but kill Sunday's sales. I also think that after 18 months or so of not being able to attend football some fans will have realised there are more fulfilling and less expensive things to do than watch Hibs every week and will be more selective with their games (I count myself among them).

Hibs1969
13-08-2021, 01:44 PM
We always get low crowds in these rounds, and fans have had a lot of extra games to pay for, so not really a surprise. Some fans have not even been able to use their paid for, season ticket yet!

2 years ago we hadn’t been deprived of football for almost 18 months. We’ve only had 3 or 4 games at ER since fans were allowed back so I’m surprised and a little disappointed that the numbers for this game seem so low. I thought fans would be desperate to get back to see Hibs (even at these prices).

Hermit Crab
13-08-2021, 01:45 PM

Billy, only a few days ago folk were going radge that 2 stands were closed and Hibs had dropped the ball and it was an outrage, we want full capacity etc etc. Look at the sales. Pitiful. Could fit everyone in the East stand alone.

Stuart93
13-08-2021, 01:46 PM
Draw for the next round is after the Celtic v Hearts game on Sunday
Just make we’re in the hat, Hibs

You’d think though after an 18months hiatus fans that haven’t been able to attend yet would be desperate. It’s not normal circumstances in that this is the first game there’s been enough capacity for everyone who wants to go to get a ticket

I agree with the poster who’s saying some fans are still in an unforgiving mood since the cup final. Imo if we’d won the cup we’d have been looking at another 13k ST holders and full capacity (12k I believe) for this game.

Steven79
13-08-2021, 01:46 PM
Billy, only a few days ago folk were going radge that 2 stands were closed and Hibs had dropped the ball and it was an outrage, we want full capacity etc etc. Look at the sales. Pitiful. Could fit everyone in the East stand alone.Maybe if they charged decent prices then the crowd would be bigger...

superfurryhibby
13-08-2021, 01:49 PM
Maybe if they charged decent prices then the crowd would be bigger...

That one has been done to death. Most folk who want to go won't be put of by an extra fiver here and there.