PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

hibee316
08-08-2021, 07:39 PM
I know Sportsound comes in for a lot of criticism, however I really like Sportscene!

I think Naismith and Stewart's analysis is excellent, and they break down parts of games in an interesting way.

Discuss...

Juniper Greens
08-08-2021, 07:44 PM
Naismith implied that we don't like to pass it forward, which Stewart then corrected him by saying we had plenty of penetration. I don't rate Naismith on it personally

JimBHibees
08-08-2021, 07:47 PM
Naismith implied that we don't like to pass it forward, which Stewart then corrected him by saying we had plenty of penetration. I don't rate Naismith on it personally

Not sure how appropriate it is having an employee on of one of the teams in the league on it.

S4uzee
08-08-2021, 07:49 PM
I know Sportsound comes in for a lot of criticism, however I really like Sportscene!

I think Naismith and Stewart's analysis is excellent, and they break down parts of games in an interesting way.

Discuss...

It’s impossible to take Naismith seriously when you consider how much of a wee rat he was on the pitch

Alfred E Newman
08-08-2021, 08:22 PM

Did he not say , we don’t hit hopeful passes forward , we’re prepared to keep possession and try and create an opening ?
I think he comes over quite well on the show.

Joe6-2
08-08-2021, 08:23 PM
Did he not say , we don’t hit hopeful passes forward , we’re prepared to keep possession and try and create an opening ?
I think he comes over quite well on the show.

Still a wee rat

hibee316
08-08-2021, 08:41 PM
It’s impossible to take Naismith seriously when you consider how much of a wee rat he was on the pitch

He's quite happy to praise Hibs on the show. Plenty ex-jambos can't do it (and Hibees in reverse situation).

Those are the guys I can't take seriously, as they won't fairly commentate on what is in front of them.

I can put aside what he was like as a player now, as it adds to my watching experience having an ex-pro give an educated opinion on the games.

To sum up; was a wee rat when he played, but I now take his opinion seriously! :)

matty_f
08-08-2021, 08:42 PM
Naismith sounds like he holds his nose when he talks.

Andy74
08-08-2021, 08:45 PM
Naismith sounds like he holds his nose when he talks.

I can’t listen to him. I dislike the whiny weegie accent anyway but he has taken it to an extreme.

hibby rae
08-08-2021, 09:27 PM

Discuss...

I thought the analysis tonight was top-notch from both of them, and they were very complimentary about our style of play. They seemed to set aside quite a lot of time to dissect us, which I found really refreshing.

If I had any criticisms, and it would be a very minor one, I would have liked them to spend a minute talking about the game coming on Thursday as I think they did that for Aberdeen and St Johnstone, albeit very briefly.

08-08-2021, 10:30 PM
Is Naismith injured. Is he still playing for Hearts?

hibby rae
08-08-2021, 10:31 PM
Is Naismith injured. Is he still playing for Hearts?

I think he's retired from playing but works in a development role for them.

hibbie02
08-08-2021, 10:32 PM
What time is it on these days (for those of us down South)? I had it on record on Sky last season, but it's disappeared!

kaimendhibs
08-08-2021, 10:37 PM
Thought it was good tonight

The Rebel
08-08-2021, 10:53 PM
I thought the analysis tonight was top-notch from both of them, and they were very complimentary about our style of play. They seemed to set aside quite a lot of time to dissect us, which I found really refreshing.

If I had any criticisms, and it would be a very minor one, I would have liked them to spend a minute talking about the game coming on Thursday as I think they did that for Aberdeen and St Johnstone, albeit very briefly.

I’d also add a criticism that I’d liked to have seen the league table at the end of the show. Think they might have flashed it up earlier in the programme, but I didn’t know all the scores so didn’t want to spoil any of the games coming up.

JimBHibees
08-08-2021, 11:03 PM

He was on the bench for Celtic game in coaching role

Col2
08-08-2021, 11:15 PM

Yup he now works full time at finger pointing and shouting.

Allant1981
09-08-2021, 05:19 AM
Thought both SN and MS were very fair on hibs and agreed with everything they said

Hibs07p
09-08-2021, 05:24 AM
They didn’t highlight the first couple of dubious tackles from county and didn’t analyse the two footed tackle later in the game though.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Scorrie
09-08-2021, 06:59 AM
Thought it was good tonight

Would have been better if they’d shown the league table at the end though 😈

mcohibs
09-08-2021, 07:11 AM
Not sure how appropriate it is having an employee on of one of the teams in the league on it.

That applies to both of them to be fair. Stewart works for Celtic TV

dchibs
09-08-2021, 07:19 AM
What time is it on these days (for those of us down South)? I had it on record on Sky last season, but it's disappeared!

I too was looking for it but couldn't find it, can someone tell us what station it's on.

BILLYHIBS
09-08-2021, 07:20 AM
Celtic looked mightily impressive ok it was only Dundee but you can only beat.....

Ryan Christie absolutely outstanding - was hoping he would end up at ER :greengrin - that ship has sailed - brilliant assists for Furuhashi who looks a player brilliant finishing and work rate

Iain G
09-08-2021, 07:22 AM
I too was looking for it but couldn't find it, can someone tell us what station it's on.

I watched it in London on the BBC iPlayer yesterday without any problems?

BILLYHIBS
09-08-2021, 07:28 AM
I watched it in London on the BBC iPlayer yesterday without any problems?
Whole game now on BBCi Player just key in HIBS v Ross County

Only available for 6 days

BILLYHIBS
09-08-2021, 07:42 AM
Livi goalie?

Dearie me !

:wtf:

Hibs90
09-08-2021, 07:52 AM
Didn't even show Callahans tackle on Doig? :confused:

Crunchie
09-08-2021, 07:59 AM
I can’t listen to him. I dislike the whiny weegie accent anyway but he has taken it to an extreme.
He sounds like one of the shell suit clad neds on Still Game :greengrin tbf he was very complimentary on Hibs and our style of play.

oneone73
09-08-2021, 08:03 AM

It's on BBC Scotland. 7.15 Sundays or thereabouts.