PDA

View Full Version : Ballot

Ardenttwo
07-08-2021, 10:25 AM
How does the ballot for match tickets work as in i.e If you are successful do you still get a chance for the next game or you not allowed in the ballot a second time. Where I am coming from is that some fans could be lucky for every game and some not so lucky and not get one game. Hopefully soon we will all get to ER without a ballot

CallumLaidlaw
07-08-2021, 10:27 AM
How does the ballot for match tickets work as in i.e If you are successful do you still get a chance for the next game or you not allowed in the ballot a second time. Where I am coming from is that some fans could be lucky for every game and some not so lucky and not get one game. Hopefully soon we will all get to ER without a ballot

Hibs have said it will be “weighted” so anyone succesful this time will be back of the queue next time. Looking like this might be the only game we need to worry about a ballot tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
07-08-2021, 10:54 AM

You're not banned from the next ballot but you'll only get in if those season ticket holders who won't be going tomorrow have all been catered for and there's still seats available.

It should be irrelevant though as we're due a full house from next week.

Scouse Hibee
07-08-2021, 11:02 AM
Son not happy that he has missed out and this morning sees Utiilita offering tickets that can be won in a competition by non ST holders!

Andy74
07-08-2021, 11:06 AM
Son not happy that he has missed out and this morning sees Utiilita offering tickets that can be won in a competition by non ST holders!

There’ll be all sorts of sponsors, guests, media etc. No need to stop all that because we have limited capacity though. All part of running the club.

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2021, 11:09 AM
There’ll be all sorts of sponsors, guests, media etc. No need to stop all that because we have limited capacity though. All part of running the club.

Sounds like you’re suggesting there are different tiers of support?

H18 SFR
07-08-2021, 11:10 AM

Is he a child or an adult mate, we might have one spare, daughter isn’t feeling too great but hoping that she picks up a bit?

Sir David Gray
07-08-2021, 11:11 AM

It is a bit galling although I can understand why these competitions are still running.

Scouse Hibee
07-08-2021, 11:12 AM
Is he a child or an adult mate, we might have one spare, daughter isn’t feeling too great but hoping that she picks up a bit?

Thanks mate he’s an adult, and normally goes with me and his uncle but none of us have tickets, just the principal of giving away tickets to none ST holders that has annoyed him, will settle for the TV. Thanks anyway 👍

H18 SFR
07-08-2021, 11:13 AM
Thanks mate he’s an adult, and normally goes with me and his uncle but none of us have tickets, just the principal of giving away tickets to none ST holders that has annoyed him, will settle for the TV. Thanks anyway 👍

No probs.

Scouse Hibee
07-08-2021, 11:13 AM

He’s still annoyed at the principal that a none ST holder can win tickets for the game.

Andy74
07-08-2021, 11:14 AM
Sounds like you’re suggesting there are different tiers of support?

Am I?

I’m suggesting that we have sponsors who will have an allocation of tickets as part of their deal to give us money and part of the value they get from that is offering them out which increases their reach / awareness.

Perfectly normal and acceptable.

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2021, 11:16 AM
Am I?

I’m suggesting that we have sponsors who will have an allocation of tickets as part of their deal to give us money and part of the value they get from that is offering them out which increases their reach / awareness.

Perfectly normal and acceptable.

You’d think but when it was suggested on another thread that those who pay more are more valuable to the club it was dismissed by many.

Andy74
07-08-2021, 11:19 AM
You’d think but when it was suggested on another thread that those who pay more are more valuable to the club it was dismissed by many.

That discussion was about pricing tiers, nothing to do with sponsors or any of the other guests, media and other attendees who aren’t going to be season tickets holders.

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2021, 11:21 AM
That discussion was about pricing tiers, nothing to do with sponsors or any of the other guests, media and other attendees who aren’t going to be season tickets holders.

When it comes down to it they pay more to the club so get a better chance of tickets.

Andy74
07-08-2021, 11:28 AM
When it comes down to it they pay more to the club so get a better chance of tickets.

That’s a strange way to look at sponsorship.

It isn’t a better chance. It will be guaranteed tickets that come with the deal.

This has nothing to do with availability to season ticket holders though. These tickets are always there along with those comps for players, scouts, other team officials, media etc.

It is a positive thing we have sponsors willing to give us money.

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2021, 11:54 AM
That’s a strange way to look at sponsorship.

It isn’t a better chance. It will be guaranteed tickets that come with the deal.

This has nothing to do with availability to season ticket holders though. These tickets are always there along with those comps for players, scouts, other team officials, media etc.

It is a positive thing we have sponsors willing to give us money.

It’s also positive that we have fans willing to give money to the club and not go to games.

Is the sponsor tickets in addition to the 5600 or included? If included then it’s a bit off they’re giving them away.

Eyrie
07-08-2021, 03:23 PM
I'd expect the sponsors tickets to be in addition to the fans.

But even if they aren't, at least the sponsor is providing four fans who otherwise wouldn't have been there to attend the game, rather than using the tickets for their own staff or contacts.