PDA

View Full Version : Team for Ross County

Souter96Mac
07-08-2021, 08:18 AM
Thoughts on tomorrow's team?

I suspect it won't be too different to what started on Thursday, but I'd like to see some rotation, just to keep players fresh for what will be a big test next week.

Macey
McGinn Porto Hanlon Doig
JDH Newell
Boyle Magennis Mackay
Doidge

If Nisbet is fit enough, then maybe he should continue to start, but I wouldn't want to risk him . It may also give Doidge an opportunity to perform.

I feel for Mackay missing that chance, and would like to see him start tomorrow - also rests Murphy too.

Could also rest Newell by dropping Magennis deep and playing Allan, but not sure Newell needs a rest and don't think it's wise to make too many changes.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2021, 08:22 AM
Thoughts on tomorrow's team?

I suspect it won't be too different to what started on Thursday, but I'd like to see some rotation, just to keep players fresh for what will be a big test next week.

Macey
McGinn Porto Hanlon Doig
JDH Newell
Boyle Magennis Mackay
Doidge

If Nisbet is fit enough, then maybe he should continue to start, but I wouldn't want to risk him . It may also give Doidge an opportunity to perform.

I feel for Mackay missing that chance, and would like to see him start tomorrow - also rests Murphy too.

Could also rest Newell by dropping Magennis deep and playing Allan, but not sure Newell needs a rest and don't think it's wise to make too many changes.

Jack’s not one for making too many changes, but think he’ll have one eye on Thursday’s game too
I’d be surprised if Kevin makes it

number9dream
07-08-2021, 09:33 AM
We royally messed up at home to County last season, so let’s make sure we pick up three points this time.
The team above looks good… And it would be nice for Mackay to bounce back straight away after Thursday’s miss.

Smartie
07-08-2021, 09:39 AM
Jack’s not one for making too many changes, but think he’ll have one eye on Thursday’s game too
I’d be surprised if Kevin makes it

He’s not, and it’s one of the things that frustrates me about him a bit tbh.

We have perfectly adequate squad players who need games, and I thought we burnt out a few of our first picks by playing them every week and playing them into poor form at times last season - for example, McGregor should have played the odd game over Christmas in place of Porteous.

I just hope that we keep our fringe players sharp enough and don’t feel a negative effect amongst our regulars if this tough schedule catches up with us later this season.

B.H.F.C
07-08-2021, 09:47 AM
I expect a few changes.

Think Doig and Doidge will play and we might make another couple on top of that but not sure who.

Stuart93
07-08-2021, 09:53 AM
I expect a few changes.

Think Doig and Doidge will play and we might make another couple on top of that but not sure who.

Aye I think so too. Some of the boys will need a rest, looked dead on their feet final 10mins on Thursday

Big_Franck
07-08-2021, 09:55 AM
I think the team will be:

Macey
McGinn
McGregor
Hanlon
Doig
Gogic
JDH
Allan
Mackay
Boyle
Doidge

RoxburghHibs
07-08-2021, 10:07 AM
I would expect maybe one or two changes due to knocks being carried from the last game.

But not many to be honest.

kevles67
07-08-2021, 10:25 AM
I agree about playing Doig, Stevenson was superb against Rijeka, but 3 games a week may take its toll on him tbh

Callum_62
07-08-2021, 10:28 AM
I'd be surprised if JDH starts

Just making his way back after injury and a hard shift midweek

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
07-08-2021, 10:39 AM
I'd be surprised if JDH starts

Just making his way back after injury and a hard shift midweek

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Good shout, like I mentioned above, Im not sure Newell will be in need of a rest so resting JDH, dropping Magennis into CM and bringing Allan into the team might work best.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2021, 11:02 AM
As an aside, noticed you can’t prebook food on the ticket website for tomorrow’s game
Does this mean we’ll have more kiosks open, and just buy at the game as nornal

CMurdoch
07-08-2021, 11:24 AM
Sadly we need to play to win tomorrow so can't just rest players for Thursday.

Players with injury issues:
Nisbet - dead leg apparently. Tomorrow probably too soon for him and Doidge needs a good run.
Hanlon - cut to head. Didn't seem adversely affected on Thursday so will probably play but possible Daz plays to allow cut/bruising to settle
Hallberg, Cadden and Mackie still injured

Needs minutes
Doidge
Doig
Wright
Mackay
Allan

Needs minutes but just back from injury so possibly require managed return to avoid further injury
JDH
Murphy

Unseen work
07-08-2021, 11:33 AM
…………….……….Macey…………

……Porteous……McGregor……Hanlon….

Wright…….Magennis….Newell……..Doig….

………………………Allan……

……………..Doidge……….Boyle……

Can see Ross wanting to make some changes to keep guys fresh and not risk injures - JDH and Nisbet for example.

McGinn can have a rest as he’s not been his normal self.

Valuable minutes for Allan and Doidge.

Not many other options for the RWB role, maybe Campbell?

With some rotations though I still think that’s a very strong team.

CMurdoch
07-08-2021, 11:42 AM
…………….……….Macey…………

………………………Allan……

……………..Doidge……….Boyle……

Can see Ross wanting to make some changes to keep guys fresh and not risk injures - JDH and Nisbet for example.

That seems fair enough

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2021, 11:49 AM
…………….……….Macey…………

………………………Allan……

……………..Doidge……….Boyle……

Yep like the look of that team, gives fringe players valuable minutes and should be strong enough for 3 pts

JammyDoidger
07-08-2021, 12:42 PM
Macey

Mcginn
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Doig

Newell
JDH
Allan

Wright
Doidge