PDA

View Full Version : Nisbet injury

swordin3
06-08-2021, 11:37 AM
Has anyone heard regards if it's serious or precautionary him being taken off?

BoomtownHibees
06-08-2021, 11:39 AM
Sure I heard it was a dead leg. Can see him being left out on Sunday to try and get him fit for Thursday

Torto7
06-08-2021, 11:42 AM
I would have rested him on Sun anyway. Id like to see Doidge and Allan start. One of Newell or Magennis can have a break as well.

JimBHibees
06-08-2021, 11:43 AM
Just for context I think the Rijeka fan indicated they were able to cancel their league game this weekend to rest for return leg.

Personally didn't think the way he went down looked like a dead leg imo hope it is though.

HH81
06-08-2021, 11:45 AM
Just for context I think the Rijeka fan indicated they were able to cancel their league game this weekend to rest for return leg.

Personally didn't think the way he went down looked like a dead leg imo hope it is though.

Yes looked a bad one. More of a pull up while running with no one around him.

Mr. Wonderful
06-08-2021, 11:49 AM

JR confirmed it as a dead leg post match. KN himself indicated he'd taken an elbow when he was with the physio getting treatment.

Callum_62
06-08-2021, 11:49 AM

Personally didn't think the way he went down looked like a dead leg imo hope it is though.I think he actually done it when he shielded the ball and started tye attack about 30 seconds before he went down

Took quite a dunt then

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Peevemor
06-08-2021, 11:50 AM

It was JR that said it was a dead leg & "nothing more than that" in his post match interview.

I was surprised too - I thought it was a hamstring or something the way he pulled up.

aljo7-0
06-08-2021, 11:50 AM
He certainly had ice on his right thigh (front) at the end of the game

BoomtownHibees
06-08-2021, 11:51 AM
Yes looked a bad one. More of a pull up while running with no one around him.

Remember he played on for a bit, although not moving great, so it couldn’t have been that much of a bad one

swordin3
06-08-2021, 11:56 AM
Hopefully a dead leg which nowadays is easily treatable he might make Sunday. He has improved already this season probably down to mixing with international players and top quality training.

O'Rourke3
06-08-2021, 12:21 PM
I think he actually done it when he shielded the ball and started tye attack about 30 seconds before he went down

Took quite a dunt then

Sent from my VOG-L29 using TapatalkYip. Clattered.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

wookie70
06-08-2021, 12:34 PM
Must start on Sunday. He and Boyle are by far our most likely to score.

Callum_62
06-08-2021, 12:43 PM
Must start on Sunday. He and Boyle are by far our most likely to score.Could play doidge up top on his own and. Bring in Allan or Mackay

wookie70
06-08-2021, 04:38 PM
Could play doidge up top on his own and. Bring in Allan or Mackay

Not for me I don't think Doidge can play up top on his own and even less so recovering from Covid Nisbet looks very well suited to teh role and for me he actually holds it up better than Doidge.

PatHead
06-08-2021, 05:10 PM
JR confirmed it as a dead leg post match. KN himself indicated he'd taken an elbow when he was with the physio getting treatment.

We should sack the physio then.

Hibs4185
06-08-2021, 05:54 PM
Nice to see the Croatian FA supporting their club with a postponed game before a European game.

Good thinking might eventually creep into the scottish game….

offshorehibby
06-08-2021, 06:02 PM
I thought it was a hamstring as well the way he pulled up and went down with no one near him.

SChibs
06-08-2021, 06:22 PM
We should sack the physio then.

Bit of a knee jerk reaction?

Billy Whizz
06-08-2021, 06:23 PM
I thought it was a hamstring as well the way he pulled up and went down with no one near him.

I did at the time too, but he wouldn’t have come back on if that was the case

CMurdoch
06-08-2021, 06:39 PM
I did at the time too, but he wouldn’t have come back on if that was the case

Hibs took an age to take him off when it was obvious he couldn't play on.
Was concerned at the time but if it's only a deid leg not such an issue.
Hibs played well in the 15 minutes between Doidge coming on and Nisbet's injury. Struggled thereafter.

scoopyboy
06-08-2021, 08:29 PM
Nice to see the Croatian FA supporting their club with a postponed game before a European game.

So if they keep winning along with other Croatian teams they will never get their league finished.

And you think that's a good idea.

dalkeith stu
06-08-2021, 08:29 PM

Not this early in the season, personally feel we need games to get upto speed!!!

MWHIBBIES
06-08-2021, 08:48 PM

I wouldn't anyway. Nice 3 points to get us confident and continue a good start. Don't want to be 3 behind our rivals with an awkward Wednesday night game. Majority of foreign leagues only have 1 Cup competition which helps them do this

hibee316
06-08-2021, 08:59 PM
So if they keep winning along with other Croatian teams they will never get their league finished.

And you think that's a good idea.

The Rijeka fan said they get to pick one game only to move.

scoopyboy
06-08-2021, 09:03 PM
The Rijeka fan said they get to pick one game only to move.

Fair enough.

I was thinking if they cancelled the league match before Hibs then if they went through it could be argued that the first leg of the play off round would be more important so another league match should be called off and so on.

They must rate Hibs would be my conclusion.:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin