NASAHIBS
03-08-2021, 07:55 PM
Now 2-0

MagicSwirlingShip
03-08-2021, 07:57 PM
!!!

hibee1875
03-08-2021, 08:00 PM
They’re half way through their season, Greek league hasn’t started yet. Maybe a factor

BegbieHSC
03-08-2021, 08:02 PM
Fair play to them! That’s brilliant!

Would love a Bohs v Hibs game. The Pat Fenlon derby!!

JimBHibees
03-08-2021, 08:06 PM
Fair play to them! That’s brilliant!

Would love a Bohs v Hibs game. The Pat Fenlon derby!!

How good a trip would Dublin be. Make it happen Hbs. Is fenlon at Bohs?

The timing of the leagues is a huge factor imo

Pretty Boy
03-08-2021, 08:08 PM
And we're all off to Dublin in the green.....

Sean1875
03-08-2021, 08:09 PM
Hibs v Bohs, what a game that would be. Praying all the stars align for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one day maybe...
03-08-2021, 08:10 PM
And we're all off to Dublin in the green.....

:greengrin

Perd Hapley
03-08-2021, 08:10 PM

General manager at Linfield these days, made his name at Bohs though

Hermit Crab
03-08-2021, 08:11 PM
Can you travel to Ireland just now?

H18 SFR
03-08-2021, 08:11 PM

He is general manager at Linfield now.

HibbyDave
03-08-2021, 08:14 PM
Went to Bohemians v Hibs way back in the 70’s at Dalymount park. 1-0 for us😀.
Would love to go back!!!

dunfyhibby
03-08-2021, 08:15 PM
Can you travel to Ireland just now?

If your double jabbed then you can travel with no quarantine.
Working in Limerick this week and absolutely no checks when I arrived into Dublin!

BegbieHSC
03-08-2021, 08:16 PM

A trip to Dublin with Hibs are what dreams are made of!

Bohs are where we signed Fenlon from - for some reason as a result, wiki lists us as a club they have a “working relationship” with.

CapitalGreen
03-08-2021, 08:18 PM
Looks like they’re playing their European ties in the national stadium.

Iggy Pope
03-08-2021, 08:19 PM
A trip to Dublin with Hibs are what dreams are made of!

Bohs are where we signed Fenlon from - for some reason as a result, wiki lists us as a club they have a “working relationship” with.

The Cork friendly was spiritual.

Hermit Crab
03-08-2021, 08:19 PM
If your double jabbed then you can travel with no quarantine.
Working in Limerick this week and absolutely no checks when I arrived into Dublin!

Oh wow, I'm double jabbed but moving house on the 20th Arrrghhh. :brickwall

Big_Franck
03-08-2021, 08:21 PM
2-1 Nelson Oliveira (ex- Norwich) with a goal back for PAOK

Gloucester Hibs
The Dublin trip for the Shamrock Rovers friendly was class, doubt I’d get 1p Ryanair flights this time though!

JimBHibees
2 1

SteveHFC
Oh wow, I'm double jabbed but moving house on the 20th Arrrghhh. :brickwall

I’n not double jabbed either. :brickwall

Souter96Mac
03-08-2021, 08:22 PM
Both teams don't look overly good. Bohs look quite poor on the ball, except for one or two forward players.

PAOK look very rusty, but the ball in for their goal was a beauty

Big_Franck
03-08-2021, 08:25 PM
Both teams don't look overly good. Bohs look quite poor on the ball, except for one or two forward players.

PAOK look very rusty, but the ball in for their goal was a beauty

It's literally PAOK's first competitive game of the season. You'd think they'll be much better after playing 90mins twice against the Irish.

King Cosell
03-08-2021, 08:37 PM
2-1

Big_Franck
03-08-2021, 08:40 PM
Finished 2-1. A great result but you'd think in the heat and with another full week of preparation that PAOK will be too strong for them in Greece. Bohs have two Scottish boys, Liam Burt ex Rangers youngster who played with Alloa and Dumbarton and Alistair Coote who scored both goals. Coote came through at Dundee United but never scored a goal for them and was loaned out to East Fife.

Souter96Mac
03-08-2021, 08:56 PM
It's literally PAOK's first competitive game of the season. You'd think they'll be much better after playing 90mins twice against the Irish.

I'm sure they will, it'll be a wee shame when they no longer have any European football to play after the two ties though 😁

No I suspect, similar to the Huns, PAOK should have enough to win the tie at home, especially grabbing that goal to halve the deficit.

hibbysam
03-08-2021, 09:07 PM
I’n not double jabbed either. :brickwall

Travelling to Ireland doesn’t require jabs, isolation, filling out of forms etc… unless I’m missing something?

dunfyhibby
03-08-2021, 09:13 PM
Travelling to Ireland doesn’t require jabs, isolation, filling out of forms etc… unless I’m missing something?

Currently as long as your double jabbed, no restrictions. You need to show proof at the airport. I only got checked at Edinburgh but no check at dublin

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 09:13 PM

If you're not fully vaccinated;

Passengers without proof of full vaccination will still require evidence of a pre-departure negative RT-PCR test result within 72 hours prior to arrival in Ireland and will have to quarantine at home for 14 days. This can be reduced to a minimum of 5 days with a negative PCR test which will be provided by the Health Service Executive in Ireland from day 5 after arrival.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/ireland/entry-requirements

dunfyhibby
03-08-2021, 09:14 PM
Currently as long as your double jabbed, no restrictions. You need to show proof at the airport. I only got checked at Edinburgh but no check at dublin

You need to do the passenger locator form on the Irish GOV website too!

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 09:16 PM
You need to do the passenger locator form on the Irish GOV website too!

:agree:

Passenger Locator Form

Travellers to Ireland must fill out a Passenger Locator Form. Failure to complete this form is an offence. See Irish Government guidance on completing the form online, who is exempt, and penalties for failure to submit an online form. The Passenger Locator Form will be checked by their air or sea carrier before departure. Passengers may also be asked for proof of vaccination or negative PCR test. Individuals travelling from Great Britain to Ireland via Northern Ireland should also complete a Passenger Locator Form.

Travelling when fully vaccinated

No travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary for travellers from the UK with valid proof of full vaccination. On arrival in Ireland, fully vaccinated passengers travelling from Great Britain will need to have proof of their full vaccination. (See ‘Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status’).

For more information on the Irish Government’s definition of fully vaccinated, see the Irish Government website.

Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status

Ireland will accept the UK’s solutions to demonstrate your COVID vaccination status. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

hibbysam
03-08-2021, 09:16 PM

Scotgov website mentions nothing to do with being double jabbed? ROI is included in the same CTA as the rUK and Isle of Man/Channel Islands etc. Is this from Ireland’s side? Can’t see anything on their government website regarding it.

hibbysam
03-08-2021, 09:19 PM
:agree:

Passenger Locator Form

Travellers to Ireland must fill out a Passenger Locator Form. Failure to complete this form is an offence. See Irish Government guidance on completing the form online, who is exempt, and penalties for failure to submit an online form. The Passenger Locator Form will be checked by their air or sea carrier before departure. Passengers may also be asked for proof of vaccination or negative PCR test. Individuals travelling from Great Britain to Ireland via Northern Ireland should also complete a Passenger Locator Form.

Travelling when fully vaccinated

No travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary for travellers from the UK with valid proof of full vaccination. On arrival in Ireland, fully vaccinated passengers travelling from Great Britain will need to have proof of their full vaccination. (See ‘Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status’).

For more information on the Irish Government’s definition of fully vaccinated, see the Irish Government website.

Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status

Ireland will accept the UK’s solutions to demonstrate your COVID vaccination status. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Thanks for that! What’s to stop someone travelling to N. Ireland then onto Dublin? Other than a passenger locator form I’m guessing there are no vaccination expectations there?

dunfyhibby
03-08-2021, 09:21 PM
Scotgov website mentions nothing to do with being double jabbed? ROI is included in the same CTA as the rUK and Isle of Man/Channel Islands etc. Is this from Ireland’s side? Can’t see anything on their government website regarding it.

The post by SDG shows clearly what's required. Unless its changed from Sunday when I flew to Dublin!
Basically double jabbed and your good to go!

BS44
03-08-2021, 09:22 PM
6/1 at home, maybe some of the Boh guys and girls have paid their trip to Greece with a punt on the win

dunfyhibby
03-08-2021, 09:28 PM
Thanks for that! What’s to stop someone travelling to N. Ireland then onto Dublin? Other than a passenger locator form I’m guessing there are no vaccination expectations there?

That's a good point! I'm travelling Edinburgh to Belfast on Sunday. No restrictions and as far as I can see no passenger locator form

hibbysam
03-08-2021, 09:35 PM
That's a good point! I'm travelling Edinburgh to Belfast on Sunday. No restrictions and as far as I can see no passenger locator form

Need a form for onward travel to ROI, but can’t see any other info regarding it. No checkpoints I don’t think so wouldn’t think there were any other restrictions on travel. PLF is only to cover your back in case you get stopped when in ROI I believe.

H18 SFR
03-08-2021, 09:38 PM
Need a form for onward travel to ROI, but can’t see any other info regarding it. No checkpoints I don’t think so wouldn’t think there were any other restrictions on travel. PLF is only to cover your back in case you get stopped when in ROI I believe.

We were in Ireland a fortnight ago a queried this. You only need a passenger locator form if you arrive in an Irish port or airport. If you arrive by road, bus or train via the north then you don’t need one.

EI255
03-08-2021, 09:39 PM
And we're all off to Dublin in the green......... In the green

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
03-08-2021, 09:40 PM
We were in Ireland a fortnight ago a queried this. You only need a passenger locator form if you arrive in an Irish port or airport. If you arrive by road, bus or train via the north then you don’t need one.

Again, thanks for that. All about pre-planning. Not due my second vaccination until that week (think you need 14 days grace?).

EI255
03-08-2021, 09:43 PM
Think I'd prefer a trip to sunny Greece tbh. Like 40 degrees there just now. Scorchio

hibbysam
03-08-2021, 09:44 PM
Think I'd prefer a trip to sunny Greece tbh. Like 40 degrees there just now. Scorchio

That can wait for the groups. Easiest tie possible if we get past the Croats!

Stuart93
03-08-2021, 10:45 PM

Think you’d be alone on that to be honest.

If you get through this round and it’s Bohemians waiting it would be an absolute massive chance for us to make European group stages. Potentially transformational for a club like ours

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 11:00 PM

No chance.

weecounty hibby
04-08-2021, 06:14 AM
We are all getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. But **** yeah, a trip to Dublin to see Hibs play. I am in for that 100%. May the gods make it happen!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-08-2021, 09:46 AM

Those conditions are where home advantage really counts.

mayo hibee
04-08-2021, 10:45 AM
Bohs probably needed a two goal cushion to have any realistic chance in the heat in Greece. Great win all the same though when you looks at some of the PAOK players - Kagawa etc.

Incidentally we should absolutely be looking at Dawson Devoy - Bohemians standout talent and available for a development fee (around 200k) as his contract is up in November. Likely only a small fraction of what he'd be worth after a season or two here. Some UK club is going to get themselves an absolute bargain by signing him.

davhibby
04-08-2021, 11:35 AM

That’s the way around it if you you’re not double jabbed by then. Can just jump on the train to Dublin from Belfast

MagicSwirlingShip
04-08-2021, 11:39 AM
Bohs probably needed a two goal cushion to have any realistic chance in the heat in Greece. Great win all the same though when you looks at some of the PAOK players - Kagawa etc.

Incidentally we should absolutely be looking at Dawson Devoy - Bohemians standout talent and available for a development fee (around 200k) as his contract is up in November. Likely only a small fraction of what he'd be worth after a season or two here. Some UK club is going to get themselves an absolute bargain by signing him.

Mail it to Mathie

JimBHibees
04-08-2021, 12:02 PM

Where does he play? Saw little bit the game and the guy Coote looked skilful.

Pagan Hibernia
04-08-2021, 12:06 PM
Would love nothing better than a Hibs Bohs playoff tie.

sadly they’ll probably get roasted in Greece and we’ll probably get punted out in Croatia. I just can’t see both teams making it

mayo hibee
04-08-2021, 01:20 PM
Where does he play? Saw little bit the game and the guy Coote looked skilful.

He's a forward - I'd be surprised if the scouting team aren't already aware of him to be honest. He'll be on quite a few clubs' radars though.

https://www.balls.ie/amp/football/the-rise-of-dawson-devoy-476485

Big_Franck
04-08-2021, 05:38 PM
He's a forward - I'd be surprised if the scouting team aren't already aware of him to be honest. He'll be on quite a few clubs' radars though.

https://www.balls.ie/amp/football/the-rise-of-dawson-devoy-476485

He doesn't seem to score many goals for a forward. Does he play wide in a front 3 maybe?

Since452
04-08-2021, 05:41 PM

sadly they’ll probably get roasted in Greece and we’ll probably get punted out in Croatia. I just can’t see both teams making it

Would be a great tie but I agree. I think Hibs and Bohs will both go out this round.

Stuart93
04-08-2021, 05:47 PM
Would be a great tie but I agree. I think Hibs and Bohs will both go out this round.

Think so? I’m quite confident and getting the job done

Pretty Boy
04-08-2021, 05:53 PM
If we were in Dublin what date would that be?

Stuart93
04-08-2021, 06:00 PM
If we were in Dublin what date would that be?

19th I believe. Away leg first then home leg the following week

Just forgot I’m away on the 26th for the home leg. That’s a boot in balls if we get through

EI255
04-08-2021, 09:05 PM

sadly they’ll probably get roasted in Greece and we’ll probably get punted out in Croatia. I just can’t see both teams making itWhich is why I'd like a trip to Greece.

Pagan Hibernia
04-08-2021, 09:31 PM
Which is why I'd like a trip to Greece.

well if we got a trip to Greece then that means we got past the Croats... in which case surely bohemians would give us a better chance of reaching the group stage, with several more euro trips for supporters to enjoy and all the extra financial rewards that would bring to the club?

EI255
05-08-2021, 06:35 AM
well if we got a trip to Greece then that means we got past the Croats... in which case surely bohemians would give us a better chance of reaching the group stage, with several more euro trips for supporters to enjoy and all the extra financial rewards that would bring to the club?I don't think we'll get past the two required rounds to meet the group stage.... is it so wrong to want a particular away trip over another?

hibbysam
05-08-2021, 07:47 AM
I don't think we'll get past the two required rounds to meet the group stage.... is it so wrong to want a particular away trip over another?

When it makes getting to said group stages easier then absolutely IMO. It’s two totally separate, individual ties. If we get to the play off to the point you are speaking about, and get Bohs, then we have a huge chance of making the groups.

Pagan Hibernia
05-08-2021, 08:18 AM
I don't think we'll get past the two required rounds to meet the group stage.... is it so wrong to want a particular away trip over another?

its your opinion, of course it’s not wrong.

I was just interested.

AliboyFC
05-08-2021, 11:52 AM

Why so negative there is no reason we can't get to the group stage against this lot.

Dalianwanda
05-08-2021, 02:35 PM
well if we got a trip to Greece then that means we got past the Croats... in which case surely bohemians would give us a better chance of reaching the group stage, with several more euro trips for supporters to enjoy and all the extra financial rewards that would bring to the club?

Im not sure how Bohs could be classed as the easier team if they actually beat the Greeks? Fingers crossed we both make it...Not lived in Dublin for 7 years but this would have me jumping on the train back for a couple of days..(if granted permission :greengrin)...Still plenty of restrictions over here so would we even get tickets?

Since452
05-08-2021, 02:40 PM
Im not sure how Bohs could be classed as the easier team if they actually beat the Greeks? Fingers crossed we both make it...Not lived in Dublin for 7 years but this would have me jumping on the train back for a couple of days..(if granted permission :greengrin)...Still plenty of restrictions over here so would we even get tickets?

I'm hoping Bohs catch PAOK cold again with their season having not started yet. By the time we were to play the Greeks they would be getting a bit more up to speed and would be more of a difficult game. Don't want to get ahead of ourselves though as this tie is extremely difficult.

Andy74
05-08-2021, 02:42 PM

Suspect it would be at the Aviva.

Bohs are a great progressive community club. Would be a great tie if we both got there.

They were my local team when I had a flat up the road from their ground until last summer. I’d certainly head back for it and I’m sure tickets could be sourced, especially if it went to the Aviva.