PDA

View Full Version : Scottish government tweet - RE capacity

Pages : [1] 2

green with envy
03-08-2021, 01:42 PM
Just received a tweet from my son to say that, Scottish clubs will return to full capacity from next Monday.

03-08-2021, 01:43 PM
Just received a tweet from my son to say that, Scottish clubs will return to full capacity from next Monday.

Is you son....Nicola Sturgeon???!!!

lucky
03-08-2021, 01:45 PM
Unfortunately that’s not what she said, 5000 outdoors for events any more the organisers must apply to council.

green with envy
03-08-2021, 01:45 PM
Is you son....Nicola Sturgeon???!!!

Are you as daft as you appear?

overdrive
03-08-2021, 01:46 PM

From what I've seen on updates of the briefing this isn't the case. It said any outdoor events greater than 5000 requires approval. No doubt we'll get our usual - a fraction of what we've asked for, decided a day or two before the match.

green with envy
03-08-2021, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately that’s not what she said, 5000 outdoors for events any more the organisers must apply to council.

Okay...

https://www.skysports.com/scottish-football

Sean1875
03-08-2021, 01:49 PM
Okay...

Guessing you didnt actualy watch Sturgeons announcement then? Still restricted numbers for outdoor events.

lucky
03-08-2021, 01:50 PM
Okay...

Your wrong mate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58075021

overdrive
03-08-2021, 01:50 PM
Okay...

That's not what the SNP have tweeted...

https://twitter.com/theSNP/status/1422545675439456279?s=20

green with envy
03-08-2021, 01:52 PM
Guessing you didnt actualy watch Sturgeons announcement then? Still restricted numbers for outdoor events.

I didn't'

Is the breaking news from Sky Sports misleading then:confused:

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 01:54 PM
Okay...

That's wrong.

You need permission if you want to hold an outdoor event with more than 5,000 people and 2,000 people for an indoor event.

Hibs90
So I can go sit in a packed pub indoors for hours upon hours with no social distancing but I can't go to a football game for a couple of hours OUTDOORS.

It's an absolute farce at this point. If there is no social distancing then why not full capacity?

Sean1875
I didn't'

Is the breaking news from Sky Sports misleading then:confused:

It is, guessing they've just seen the news that Scotland was lifting restrictions and put 2 and 2 together and got 5 unfortunately.

Gordy M
03-08-2021, 01:55 PM
That's wrong.

You need permission if you want to hold an outdoor event with more than 5,000 people and 2,000 people for an indoor event.

But there is no upper limit though?

green with envy
Your wrong mate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58075021

You mean Sky Sports, right.:rolleyes:

Chorley Hibee
So I can go sit in a packed pub indoors for hours upon hours with no social distancing but I can't go to a football game for a couple of hours OUTDOORS.

It's an absolute farce at this point. If there is no social distancing then why not full capacity?

You can go to a nightclub too, but perhaps not the football outside.

It's lunacy!

green with envy
03-08-2021, 01:56 PM
It is, guessing they've just seen the news that Scotland was lifting restrictions and put 2 and 2 together and got 5 unfortunately.

Seems like it.

Onceinawhile
03-08-2021, 01:56 PM

Yup.

Total nonsense.

steve75
03-08-2021, 01:57 PM

Sky got 4 to be fair. Govt got 5!

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 01:57 PM

It's disgraceful.

Hibs90
03-08-2021, 02:00 PM
You can go to a nightclub too, but perhaps not the football outside.

It's lunacy!

I can go to a nightclub full of sweat for hours but I can't go sit outdoors at a football match for 2 hours. Say that sentence out loud.

I've supported NS and the Scottish Government and I will always back independence but this is an absolute farcical nonsense. Football fans treated like muck once again.

Chorley Hibee
03-08-2021, 02:00 PM
Anybody got any idea what level this is now then?

green with envy
03-08-2021, 02:01 PM
I can go to a nightclub full of sweat for hours but I can't go sit outdoors at a football match for 2 hours. Say that sentence out loud.

I've supported NS and the Scottish Government and I will always back independence but this is an absolute farcical nonsense. Football fans treated like muck once again.

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 02:01 PM
Anybody got any idea what level this is now then?

Beyond level 0 apparently - whatever that means.

SaulGoodman
03-08-2021, 02:03 PM
Beyond level 0 apparently - whatever that means.

I’m looking forward to November’s “beyond beyond level 0” update where clubs with more than 3 vowels in their names can get 71% capacity on every third Tuesday of the month.

Gordy M
03-08-2021, 02:03 PM

Ive still not read or seen anything that says that crowds will be restricted after 9th Aug? Yes it says you have to apply for a larger crowd, but there isnt any restriction i can see??

SaulGoodman
03-08-2021, 02:05 PM
Ive still not read or seen anything that says that crowds will be restricted after 9th Aug? Yes it says you have to apply for a larger crowd, but there isnt any restriction i can see??

I think people are assuming Edinburgh council will shaft us, and who can blame them for thinking that.

Hibs90
03-08-2021, 02:05 PM

Aye and based on the evidence of applying for crowds so far, can you see Edinburgh Council turning round to Hibs and saying aye, full capacity go for it? No chance.

greenlex
03-08-2021, 02:06 PM
Could it be full capacity if we ask for it? Outdoor events cover a lot of different things. Hopefully not up to the council.

calumhibee1
03-08-2021, 02:06 PM

Why don’t nightclubs have to apply for certain capacities?

There’s no logic whatsoever for their decision on large events.

Chorley Hibee
03-08-2021, 02:07 PM

They've abdicated any responsibility and left that decision with local authorities.

I am almost 100% certain that Edinburgh Council will continue to enforce restrictions on attendance, because if they weren't, why not just announce the return of all crowds - instead of the need to apply for anything over 5k?

Gordy M
03-08-2021, 02:10 PM
They've abdicated any responsibility and left that decision with local authorities.

I am almost 100% certain that Edinburgh Council will continue to enforce restrictions on attendance, because if they weren't, why not just announce the return of all crowds - instead of the need to apply for anything over 5k?

I really dont know the answer but id imagine that things like t in the park, or such like is a bigger risk than the football? Its not just football this applies to, other events would have over 5k attendance as well?

MunsterHibee
03-08-2021, 02:11 PM
Hopefully the club would have expected a situation like this and are prepared to challenge it head on. If Edinburgh City Council are going to play hardball I hope Hibs stand up to them. It can't stay like this forever.

Hibby70
Doesn't make any sense. You could have a 6000 capacity stadium with 5000 folk in it. But no doubt our 20k+ stadium will be limited to 7,500 or something.

Should have been based on a % of seating capacity if anything.

Hibs90
I really dont know the answer but id imagine that things like t in the park, or such like is a bigger risk than the football? Its not just football this applies to, other events would have over 5k attendance as well?

In that case they could've had 'outdoor sporting events' :confused:

calumhibee1
03-08-2021, 02:12 PM
Hopefully the club would have expected a situation like this and are prepared to challenge it head on. If Edinburgh City Council are going to play hardball I hope Hibs stand up to them. It can't stay like this forever.

Hibs will just be delighted regardless.

SQHib
03-08-2021, 02:13 PM
Doesn't make any sense. You could have a 6000 capacity stadium with 5000 folk in it. But no doubt our 20k+ stadium will be limited to 7,500 or something.

Whilst not wanting to sound a pedant you can actually have a 5000 capacity with 5000 in it - but yes I agree it's all absolute bollox

matty_f
03-08-2021, 02:14 PM
This makes absolutely no sense at all.

I think he means he could go to a nightclub, which would be full of sweaty folk but the government are still saying he can’t go to a football game with an at-capacity crowd.

SaulGoodman
03-08-2021, 02:16 PM
Whilst not wanting to sound a pedant you can actually have a 5000 capacity with 5000 in it - but yes I agree it's all absolute bollox

Yep. A 5000 capacity stadium can have a sell out crowd whilst we still have to apply for more.

lucky
03-08-2021, 02:16 PM
You mean Sky Sports, right.:rolleyes:

Both as you started the thread and used wrong information to back it up.:yawn::yawn:

greenlex
03-08-2021, 02:17 PM
I think he means he could go to a nightclub, which would be full of sweaty folk but the government are still saying he can’t go to a football game with an at-capacity crowd.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gordy M
03-08-2021, 02:17 PM
In that case they could've had 'outdoor sporting events' :confused:

Yep and you would then have folk moaning that 40k football fans can go to a game but 10k cant go go watch a band? Ax i said, i might be totally wrong, but there is no longer an upper limit, but they want to assess the events to see if it poses a risk? I dont think its as clear cut as a 5k limit for the forseeable?

green with envy
03-08-2021, 02:18 PM
Both as you started the thread and used wrong information to back it up.:yawn::yawn:

🙈🤣🤣

green with envy
03-08-2021, 02:19 PM
I think he means he could go to a nightclub, which would be full of sweaty folk but the government are still saying he can’t go to a football game with an at-capacity crowd.

You should do stand up, right time of the month for it.🤪🤣

hibee_girl
03-08-2021, 02:19 PM
https://www.gov.scot/news/scotland-to-move-beyond-level-0/

It’ll be reviewed every three weeks according to this

ABZHFC
03-08-2021, 02:21 PM
An absolute ****ing disgrace. So at a ground with 5,000 capacity it can be 100% full no questions asked (and therefore no social distancing), but a 20,000 ground needs permission to get anything above 25%. Make that make sense. Technocratic ****bags, I ****ing hate them

Irish_Steve
03-08-2021, 02:24 PM
I’m looking forward to November’s “beyond beyond level 0” update where clubs with more than 3 vowels in their names can get 71% capacity on every third Tuesday of the month.

Or if you insist on marching up and down streets, annoying the **** out of everyone, you can have full capacity

hibIBZ
03-08-2021, 02:26 PM
Yep and you would then have folk moaning that 40k football fans can go to a game but 10k cant go go watch a band? Ax i said, i might be totally wrong, but there is no longer an upper limit, but they want to assess the events to see if it poses a risk? I dont think its as clear cut as a 5k limit for the forseeable?

That's how I interpreted it. The reason you need to apply for capacity is to continue monitoring risk assessments and safety protocols

SaulGoodman
03-08-2021, 02:28 PM
That's how I interpreted it. The reason you need to apply for capacity is to continue monitoring risk assessments and safety protocols

Some protective measures will stay in place such as the use of face coverings indoors and the collection of contact details as part of Test and Protect. Capacity limits of 2000 people indoors and 5000 people outdoors will also remain in place although some exceptions may be possible on a case by case basis. These will be reviewed on a three weekly basis to ensure they remain proportionate .

Onion
03-08-2021, 02:30 PM

There's no logic in any of this. There were hundreds of Hibs fans gathered in a tight group in the lower stand at Motherwell on Sat, very few facemarks, singing and chanting. No comment made in the media. No criticism by politicians or councillors. No threat to close Motherwell's ground down. Didn't see stewards trying to break the group up. No announcements over the tannoy.

Sturgeon and councils are just playing politics.

Gordy M
03-08-2021, 02:31 PM

But if you read further down the document they say they have created a gateway to allow bigger crowds on application?

aljo7-0
03-08-2021, 02:32 PM
It's a bit daft to say the least. Should be a 5,000 limit in each stand rather than the full stadium. Pretty sure the folk in the West Stand wont infect the folk in the East sitting outside across the pitch

I've wondered if it would cost Hibs too much in stewarding/police etc. to open the Famous % stand for limited number at present so have not been asking for the extra seats above the 5,600 allowed for Thursday. Hope that changes at least from Monday to try and increase number allowed by Edinburgh Council

Hibs90
03-08-2021, 02:34 PM
I wonder if the outdoor limit, is because of the Celtic/Rangers game on September 1st :dunno:

hulk
03-08-2021, 02:38 PM
Yep. A 5000 capacity stadium can have a sell out crowd whilst we still have to apply for more.

Makes no sense whatsoever. Had high hopes for today that the government would take some lead and let football get closer to normality. Hibs (and Hearts) need to be prepared to fight the council and ask for reasons if they play silly buggers and keep capacity at such a low level. Annoyed at the government and preparing to be annoyed at the council when they try and shaft us again.

Onion
03-08-2021, 02:54 PM
Makes no sense whatsoever. Had high hopes for today that the government would take some lead and let football get closer to normality. Hibs (and Hearts) need to be prepared to fight the council and ask for reasons if they play silly buggers and keep capacity at such a low level. Annoyed at the government and preparing to be annoyed at the council when they try and shaft us again.

Managing this was easy for Hibs & Hearts last season when every ST holder was locked out.

This could be real headache for clubs while capacity is less than the number of paying ST holders. They might not fancy the fights with the Council but it could be a lot easier than fighting with thousands of disappointed fans !

AugustaHibs
03-08-2021, 02:56 PM
It's a bit daft to say the least. Should be a 5,000 limit in each stand rather than the full stadium. Pretty sure the folk in the West Stand wont infect the folk in the East sitting outside across the pitch

I've wondered if it would cost Hibs too much in stewarding/police etc. to open the Famous % stand for limited number at present so have not been asking for the extra seats above the 5,600 allowed for Thursday. Hope that changes at least from Monday to try and increase number allowed by Edinburgh Council

Not having a go at you, but I couldn’t give a **** if it costs hibs too much.

I’ve paid £400 and if there’s a way to get more ST holders in the ground then they need to do it

Latapy'sVolley
03-08-2021, 02:58 PM

Yeah sounds like provided Hibs have measures in place, which they'll no doubt already be prepped for after months of readying for the return of fans, now there's no upper limit the Council won't really be able to inhibit crowd numbers.

aljo7-0
03-08-2021, 03:09 PM
Not having a go at you, but I couldn’t give a **** if it costs hibs too much.

I’ve paid £400 and if there’s a way to get more ST holders in the ground then they need to do it

Fair enough - no argument from me on that. I've no idea if that is the case - just my guess given the stand is not open - can't really understand why it's not open if that is not the case though?

Big_Franck
03-08-2021, 03:17 PM
It's an absolute nonsense that we are now beyond level 0 and still living with restrictions. Clearly when the govt laid out the level system people would presume that lower than level 0 meant a return to normality and this is anything but. I hope the club fight this all the way as I have no doubt Edinburgh Council will continue to put limits on our attendances.

Big_Franck
03-08-2021, 03:19 PM
Yeah sounds like provided Hibs have measures in place, which they'll no doubt already be prepped for after months of readying for the return of fans, now there's no upper limit the Council won't really be able to inhibit crowd numbers.

I bet you that's exactly what Edinburgh Council will do. I bet if Hibs and Hearts don't apply pressure they'll continue to limit our numbers.

Callum_62
03-08-2021, 03:31 PM
I can't see the capacity being lowered from the recent weeks

I'd be quite surprised if it's not greatly increased

Infact arnt rangers getting 1/2 there stadium next week?

That's already massively above what's "allowed"

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

ABZHFC
03-08-2021, 03:38 PM
Protest idea: All clubs with supports of over 5000 allocate that capacity in entirely one stand for the League Cup games next weekend, no distancing whatsoever, no masks, just 5000 standing right next to each other (as is now allowed). Then make sure they’re placed in the East, FF or Dunbar End and get the TV cameras as to show it and highlight the ****ing nonsense these rules are. 15,000 empty seats everywhere else in the stadium, 5000 all tightly packed together as is permitted

Callum_62
03-08-2021, 03:40 PM
Protest idea: All clubs with supports of over 5000 allocate that capacity in entirely one stand for the League Cup games next weekend, no distancing whatsoever, no masks, just 5000 standing right next to each other (as is now allowed). Then make sure they’re placed in the East, FF or Dunbar End and get the TV cameras as to show it and highlight the ****ing nonsense these rules are. 15,000 empty seats everywhere else in the stadium, 5000 all tightly packed together as is permittedI know your absolutely itching to get a protest going but almost everyone has over 5k at the games now

That won't change in a weeks time

Ronniekirk
03-08-2021, 03:48 PM
But there is no upper limit though?

Correct and no social distancing so why wouldn’t we at least be allowed all season ticket holders minimum from next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
03-08-2021, 04:00 PM
I can't see the capacity being lowered from the recent weeks

I'd be quite surprised if it's not greatly increased

Infact arnt rangers getting 1/2 there stadium next week?

That's already massively above what's "allowed"

They should be getting their full stadium next week surely.

I hate this idea we’re meant to be grateful for whatever pitiful scraps the council throw our way.

ABZHFC
03-08-2021, 04:00 PM
I know your absolutely itching to get a protest going but almost everyone has over 5k at the games now

That won't change in a weeks time

We have 5,600 fans allowed for Sunday, it would still work as a protest and highlight the idiocy of this government and council filled with stuffy technocrats

bingo70
03-08-2021, 04:01 PM
Correct and no social distancing so why wouldn’t we at least be allowed all season ticket holders minimum from next week

There’s no upper limit just now is there?

We apply for what we feel we can accommodate safely and the council take some off that.

Nakedmanoncrack
03-08-2021, 04:06 PM
Its a disgrace, but pathetic statements like the one we have made- 'delighted' with a pitiful few hundred more tickets 2 days before a game don't help.

bingo70
03-08-2021, 04:10 PM
Its a disgrace, but pathetic statements like the one we have made- 'delighted' with a pitiful few hundred more tickets 2 days before a game don't help.

Correct.

I’m really angry about this. The shocking ticket allocation isn’t Hibs fault but our reaction to it is annoying me.

Be nice if someone at the club grew a back bone and started sticking up for our supporters who have paid a lot of money.

Club has the money though so it looks like they don’t really care if we get in to see the games or not.

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 04:16 PM
Correct.

I’m really angry about this. The shocking ticket allocation isn’t Hibs fault but our reaction to it is annoying me.

Be nice if someone at the club grew a back bone and started sticking up for our supporters who have paid a lot of money.

Club has the money though so it looks like they don’t really care if we get in to see the games or not.

:agree: Hibs releasing statements saying they're "delighted" at an extra 900 tickets is really disappointing.

davhibby
03-08-2021, 04:17 PM

We apply for what we feel we can accommodate safely and the council take some off that.

But there’s no distancing so we should be getting a full house

Ronniekirk
03-08-2021, 04:17 PM

But social distancing measures are in place just now From Monday they won’t be and hibs will then ask for larger crowds to be allowed in Why would the Council deem that not suitable

bingo70
03-08-2021, 04:29 PM
But social distancing measures are in place just now From Monday they won’t be and hibs will then ask for larger crowds to be allowed in Why would the Council deem that not suitable

There must be conditions to adhere to or they would just allow larger crowds?

What those conditions are I am sure we’ll never know as there doesn’t appear to be any transparency with any decisions being made just now.

It’s just a case of them throwing us some scraps and us gratefully accepting it like some obedient dog.

I absolutely detest Rangers and everything they stand for. At least you get the impression they’re on their supporters side though and would argue their corner for them. Hopefully our new chief executive has a bit something about him and will challenge the council better than we have so far.

FWIW I don’t care what the club has been like behind closed doors in their meetings, I want us publicly sticking up for our supporters and calling the council out for decisions that don’t make any sense.

bingo70
03-08-2021, 04:32 PM

We had 2 completely empty stands in the last European game so that can’t be down to social distancing? There must have been some other reason they had to remain shut. Even at 2 meters apart you’d have got a minimum of say 500 in there. (Clearly you’d get more but I don’t want to lose sight of the point I’m trying to make)

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 04:34 PM
But there’s no distancing so we should be getting a full house

That can't possibly be the case otherwise why is there a requirement to get permission for holding an outdoor event with more than 5,000 people?

soul_driver
03-08-2021, 04:35 PM
That can't possibly be the case otherwise why is there a requirement to get permission for holding an outdoor event with more than 5,000 people?

None of it makes any sense. If we had 5000 capacity we could have a full house without anyone else being involved.

Ronniekirk
03-08-2021, 04:36 PM
There must be conditions to adhere to or they would just allow larger crowds?

What those conditions are I am sure we’ll never know as there doesn’t appear to be any transparency with any decisions being made just now.

It’s just a case of them throwing us some scraps and us gratefully accepting it like some obedient dog.

I absolutely detest Rangers and everything they stand for. At least you get the impression they’re on their supporters side though and would argue their corner for them. Hopefully our new chief executive has a bit something about him and will challenge the council better than we have so far.

FWIW I don’t care what the club has been like behind closed doors in their meetings, I want us publicly sticking up for our supporters and calling the council out for decisions that don’t make any sense.

I think we will see a positive step change next week if not count me in for the Protests

Ronniekirk
03-08-2021, 04:37 PM

It’s to make sure people just dont organise a rave in a field for 10 thousand people

bingo70
03-08-2021, 04:42 PM
I think we will see a positive step change next week if not count me in for the Protests

I can’t actually go to the game on Sunday so I’m getting annoyed at myself being so angry about it, it just doesn’t make any sense though.

I’m happy to try and play devils advocate, I’m no conspiracy theorist and I’ve only ever voted SNP so this isn’t some agenda against the government. I just absolutely hate our route map out of this. There’s no sense behind it, none of it stands up to any scrutiny and no logic is ever explained to the public we are just told to sit there and accept whatever happens to be thrown our way. It’s really boiling my piss.

To then have the club actually thanking the council for the pathetic numbers they’re allowing us is winding me up even more.

Ronniekirk
03-08-2021, 04:42 PM
We had 2 completely empty stands in the last European game so that can’t be down to social distancing? There must have been some other reason they had to remain shut. Even at 2 meters apart you’d have got a minimum of say 500 in there. (Clearly you’d get more but I don’t want to lose sight of the point I’m trying to make)

I just think they are trying to incrementally increase crowds to monitor whst happens ,and as long as hospitalisations aren’t on increase and I C U admissions on increase , then crowds will get bigger and bigger over the next few weeks

bingo70
03-08-2021, 04:43 PM
It’s to make sure people just dont organise a rave in a field for 10 thousand people

Without wanting to sound argumentative, why not?

There’s no social distancing measures in place now, if someone wants to organise a rave for 10,000 people and have all the usual permits, they should be able to do so.

bingo70
03-08-2021, 04:45 PM
I just think they are trying to incrementally increase crowds to monitor whst happens ,and as long as hospitalisations aren’t on increase and I C U admissions on increase , then crowds will get bigger and bigger over the next few weeks

They’ve got a real life example just down the road. NHS has coped just fine since things opened up there a few weeks ago.

I don’t actually believe this however to me it looks like they’re just trying to hang on to all the extra power they’ve gained over the last 18 months.

Skol
03-08-2021, 04:47 PM
I think hibs are taking the line they are hoping they get better outcomes and don’t want to take the Ann budge toys out the pram approach.

Callum_62
03-08-2021, 04:48 PM
Let's see what we get at our first home game after August 9th

Then get the pitchforks out if need be

Alfred E Newman

There didn’t appear to be much social distancing or mask wearing at Fir Park on Sunday. I wasn’t at the game but what were the conditions placed on fans at the game? :confused:

soul_driver
Scottish Government website states "we will, for a limited period, keep in place a gateway process through which organisers of outdoors events of more than 5000 and indoor events of more than 2000 will have to apply for permission. This will allow us and local authorities to be assured of the arrangements in place to reduce risk"

So, "apply for permission"? Permission for what? To go ahead? Nothing there about restricted numbers?

easty
03-08-2021, 04:50 PM
Some people wouldn’t be happy unless they said “no more rules, away and do what you want”. That’d be fine for about a week, then the same folk would complain it’s a shambles.

I’ve not seen anything that says Hibs will only be allowed 5000. We have to apply for more. We’ll be allowed more. Then what’s the complaint going to be.

Andy74
03-08-2021, 04:54 PM
Some people wouldn’t be happy unless they said “no more rules, away and do what you want”. That’d be fine for about a week, then the same folk would complain it’s a shambles.

I’ve not seen anything that says Hibs will only be allowed 5000. We have to apply for more. We’ll be allowed more. Then what’s the complaint going to be.

Wasn’t the no more rules bit rather the point?

I understand why but we’ve had unprecedented control over our lives and that shouldn’t stand any longer than absolutely necessary.

malcolm
03-08-2021, 04:58 PM
:agree: Hibs releasing statements saying they're "delighted" at an extra 900 tickets is really disappointing.

It maybe depends on your perspective… I’ve no doubt hibs are delighted for the extra 900 fans getting in to see the game and pleased to get the extra income but many seem to conflate that reasonably expressed joy for those lucky folk as being either delighted to be not getting more or as forelock tugging towards authority for the crumbs thrown to them :wink:.

I also have no doubt that the club are not delighted to have had any reasonable proposals knocked back for more. The real problem is the total lack of oversight and scrutiny of or explanation of the council’s approach together with lack of consistency across the country. I suspect that given the difference to tinycastle the size of seats, layout and concourses will be a factor but it is not necessarily just based on numbers in the ground but on numbers mixing outside on the way in and out. This may be why not all stands are open - surely not a hibs choice.

The wording may also be diplomatic while not actually thanking CEC but it perhaps takes a less than favourable perspective to see the statement as being problematic :greengrin

whiskyhibby
03-08-2021, 05:00 PM
It's an absolute nonsense that we are now beyond level 0 and still living with restrictions. Clearly when the govt laid out the level system people would presume that lower than level 0 meant a return to normality and this is anything but. I hope the club fight this all the way as I have no doubt Edinburgh Council will continue to put limits on our attendances.

Agree, but are you sure that what Nicola Sturgeon said, or are we all just too thick to understand what she meant 🤔

Peevemor
03-08-2021, 05:02 PM
Wasn’t the no more rules bit rather the point?

I understand why but we’ve had unprecedented control over our lives and that shouldn’t stand any longer than absolutely necessary.The thing is, contrary to what some people are saying it's not about retaining power over people.

As we've seen by the reaction on here, these remaining measures aren't popular at all and may well cost NS & the SNP votes. This surely proves that the SG believe they are doing what's best for the people?

I've given up trying to follow the logic in the decisions that are being made (in France as well as Scotland), but I don't envy those that have had to make them in a situation that is new to everyone and in circumstances that are changing all the time.

Ronniekirk
03-08-2021, 05:02 PM
Without wanting to sound argumentative, why not?

There’s no social distancing measures in place now, if someone wants to organise a rave for 10,000 people and have all the usual permits, they should be able to do so.

Yes but my point was this is designed to make sure people go through a process for permission so that they have alll the necessary things in place

Ronniekirk
03-08-2021, 05:07 PM
There didn’t appear to be much social distancing or mask wearing at Fir Park on Sunday. I wasn’t at the game but what were the conditions placed on fans at the game? :confused:

Wasn’t there but saw youngsters gathering together But the more fans you let in you won’t be able to stop this happening
You can put measures in place but if people decide to ignore them then there
isn’t a lot you can do
Like mandatory mask wearing Never worn one fir months now as too warm and think the risk now is so minimal

Stairway 2 7
03-08-2021, 05:09 PM

Like England?

ahibby
03-08-2021, 05:20 PM
Asking the Council is for a limited period. Reading between the lines then, as long as this reduction in restrictions dont cause concern in rise of serious cases then this could be lifted by September. However because every relaxing in rules do cause initial increases its highly likely that we wont see a return to full home capacity until October. I dont think we will see full stadia, including away support until the new year, imo.

BoomtownHibees
03-08-2021, 05:25 PM
its highly likely that we wont see a return to full home capacity until October. I dont think we will see full stadia, including away support until the new year, imo.

Which would be a nonsense IMO

Onion
03-08-2021, 05:25 PM

That I'd understand but Hibs & Hearts have permanent venues with years of experience of running large events, fixed capacities and a register of Season Ticket holders. What additional measures will the council be asking Hibs and Hearts to put in place because of Covid ? If social distancing has gone, masks (outdoors) gone, what else is there ?

The only reason I could see the council restricting numbers would be if there was a big spike in infections in Edinburgh or Lothian Region.

A rave for 10,000 people would surely need Council permission, Covid or not ?

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 05:34 PM
Yes but my point was this is designed to make sure people go through a process for permission so that they have alll the necessary things in place

So if that's the case presumably a professional football club like Hibs will have all the necessary things in place and we'll therefore have a full house on 15th August against Kilmarnock?

I very much doubt it but I'll look forward to that happening.

ahibby
03-08-2021, 05:42 PM
Which would be a nonsense IMO

I forgot we already had away fans weekend past so probablynm is nonsense but still will have to ask for council permission until signs of relaxing further doesnt cause serious level of concern.

Ronniekirk
03-08-2021, 05:43 PM
So if that's the case presumably a professional football club like Hibs will have all the necessary things in place and we'll therefore have a full house on 15th August against Kilmarnock?

I very much doubt it but I'll look forward to that happening.

I would hope so and if not would expect a full explanation why not

Ronniekirk
03-08-2021, 05:45 PM
That I'd understand but Hibs & Hearts have permanent venues with years of experience of running large events, fixed capacities and a register of Season Ticket holders. What additional measures will the council be asking Hibs and Hearts to put in place because of Covid ? If social distancing has gone, masks (outdoors) gone, what else is there ?

The only reason I could see the council restricting numbers would be if there was a big spike in infections in Edinburgh or Lothian Region.

A rave for 10,000 people would surely need Council permission, Covid or not ?

Yes re last point and think the problem just now is people are not sure what criteria the council are and will use
So think we need clarity on that if after 9!th we don’t get a big increase in number of fans allowed in

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 05:47 PM
I would hope so and if not would expect a full explanation why not

I obviously hope you're right but I have massive doubts that will actually happen.

We'll see.

Alfred E Newman
03-08-2021, 05:48 PM
Asking the Council is for a limited period. Reading between the lines then, as long as this reduction in restrictions dont cause concern in rise of serious cases then this could be lifted by September. However because every relaxing in rules do cause initial increases its highly likely that we wont see a return to full home capacity until October. I dont think we will see full stadia, including away support until the new year, imo.

Is it a risk having some away supporters ?

JimBHibees
03-08-2021, 05:48 PM
Really don't understand why we can't get more than the 5600 when two stands are sitting totally empty. All stands are stand alone and have no link to each other. Makes no sense at all imo.

Bristolhibby
03-08-2021, 06:00 PM

But what are the risk assessment protocols if the 1m social distancing rule has gone?

Surely Hibs whack in a full crowd application and use those very words. What could Edinburgh City council do that is in line with guidance and isn’t making up **** as they go along.

All clubs should be submitting full crowd applications.

Sure as my arse faces South there will be full crowds in Ibrox, Parkhead and Hampden.

J

hibbydad
03-08-2021, 06:00 PM
Really don't understand why we can't get more than the 5600 when two stands are sitting totally empty. All stands are stand alone and have no link to each other. Makes no sense at all imo.
You are right Jim the inconsistency all over Scotland on this is bizarre and certainly shows the poor leadership that we have

Bristolhibby
03-08-2021, 06:01 PM
We have 5,600 fans allowed for Sunday, it would still work as a protest and highlight the idiocy of this government and council filled with stuffy technocrats

Is the 2m rule not still in place on Sunday?

J

Bristolhibby
03-08-2021, 06:07 PM
I can’t actually go to the game on Sunday so I’m getting annoyed at myself being so angry about it, it just doesn’t make any sense though.

I’m happy to try and play devils advocate, I’m no conspiracy theorist and I’ve only ever voted SNP so this isn’t some agenda against the government. I just absolutely hate our route map out of this. There’s no sense behind it, none of it stands up to any scrutiny and no logic is ever explained to the public we are just told to sit there and accept whatever happens to be thrown our way. It’s really boiling my piss.

To then have the club actually thanking the council for the pathetic numbers they’re allowing us is winding me up even more.

This is about where I am. (Obviously don’t vote SNP as I live in England).

It’s absolute lunacy. Like I said, if there’s no social distancing or masks, what grounds exactly are there from preventing a full house.

Hibs (and Hearts) must be very public about their dealings with Edinburgh CC on this.

Also, is this not a abject absolution of responsibility by the SG? Kick the can you the councils and let them carry the can.

Cowardice.

J

Bristolhibby
03-08-2021, 06:08 PM

Like I said, Hibs have to apply for a full house. Then see what happens.

J

Lago
03-08-2021, 06:11 PM
Ridiculous that full capacity is being denied, so reluctant to give up controlling people lives

flash
03-08-2021, 06:13 PM
Ridiculous that full capacity is being denied, so reluctant to give up controlling people lives

Except it isn't.

Langlee Hibs
03-08-2021, 06:27 PM
Clearly this whole situation is being communicated at a level of intelligence none of us understand!

humptiedumptie
03-08-2021, 06:32 PM
Then TWO questions... one to the Scottish Govt. Definition of the limited period and secondly to Edinburgh Council... criteria for crowd capacity... explain please !!!

Rick Rude
03-08-2021, 06:35 PM
The below is from the BBC:

They have to submit an operations and risk assessment to prove they are keeping spectators safe.

Clubs have to prove they have considered the potential impact on the local area in terms of a Covid-19 outbreak, as well as pressures on public transport and businesses, and whether lots of people are likely to be travelling from elsewhere in the country to the event.

Crucially, previous evidence of safely hosting an event counts in favour of applicants, and so clubs who have already had applications approved are likely to be in a strong position.

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 06:37 PM
Clearly this whole situation is being communicated at a level of intelligence none of us understand!

:agree: Too nuanced.

green day
03-08-2021, 06:37 PM

The current "freebie" limit is 2000 bodies, amd we will have almost 3 x that on Sunday.

On Monday, the freebie limit is 5000.

Its not inconceivable that either the Killie match, or the Livi one we will have 15k or even more allowed within the stadium.

lord bunberry
03-08-2021, 06:46 PM
The current "freebie" limit is 2000 bodies, amd we will have almost 3 x that on Sunday.

Its not inconceivable that either the Killie match, or the Livi one we will have 15k or even more allowed within the stadium.
I hope you’re right but I can’t see us being allowed that many.

Bristolhibby
03-08-2021, 06:49 PM

Why not more than 15k? Where does the 15k come from?

J

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 06:52 PM

Have you seen any guidance on this which suggests this might be a possibility?

green day
03-08-2021, 07:08 PM
Have you seen any guidance on this which suggests this might be a possibility?

Total guess, based on multiple of current allowance.

There is no reasonable reason for the cooncils to limit it - and after Monday arrives, I have an expectation that all the SPFL premiership clubs will apply for full capacities.

And instead of asking for a few 000s over the 2k, they will be asking for a sensible rationale for not giving full capacities.

All just imo.

Iggy Pope
03-08-2021, 07:12 PM

There is no reasonable reason for the cooncils to limit it - and after Monday arrives, I have an expectation that all the SPFL premiership clubs will apply for full capacities.

And instead of asking for a few 000s over the 2k, they will be asking for a sensible rationale for not giving full capacities.

All just imo.

It’s a good opinion. These clubs have to trade and as restrictions are relaxed from Monday I’d expect Scottish footballs business people to be less than relaxed about the current civic apathy towards their plight.

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 07:12 PM

All just imo.

Fair enough, I suspect you might be left disappointed but here's hoping.

Iggy Pope
03-08-2021, 07:13 PM
Why not more than 15k? Where does the 15k come from?

J

3 x 5K I’d think. Like the current 3x

ABZHFC
03-08-2021, 07:21 PM

But they shouldn’t have to? You didn’t have to before COVID, and we are now moving “beyond level zero” and out of COVID restrictions. Why is it now that you must have to jump through those hoops? Especially when south of the border and in quite a few other European countries, this isn’t the case

green day
03-08-2021, 07:30 PM
Fair enough, I suspect you might be left disappointed but here's hoping.

Yes, it wouldnt be the first time with the council !

However, as Iggy P mentions above - once we hit Monday if Hibs (and all other top flight clubs) have done everything asked of them - and dont forget we are in a modern stadium with good access and exit routes for large crowds - then the shoe is on the other foot.

I rather suspect that the clubs - who have kept quiet so far - will go radge if no sensible reasons are given for limiting what are open air events and their ability to trade.

ahibby
03-08-2021, 07:48 PM
Is it a risk having some away supporters ?

I am thinking along the lines of coaches being full, fans bevvied so not wearing masks on full coaches also controlled entry and approachin stadia, local bars with home and away fans. Could see why they would want to get to that point gradually. I am sure I have cave syndrome so the thought of going straight back to massive crowds probably scaring the sh** out of me. Despite buying a gold ST, getting used to being an armchair fan.

bingo70
03-08-2021, 09:33 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-celtic-given-capacity-crowd-24680048

Glasgow city council happy to let the old firm have full houses from next week according to ‘sources’

Encouraging.

Stuart93
03-08-2021, 09:50 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-celtic-given-capacity-crowd-24680048

Glasgow city council happy to let the old firm have full houses from next week according to ‘sources’

Encouraging.

Let’s see what Ed council have in store for us. If it’s less than capacity hibs should kick up absolute **** instead of bending over and accepting these paltry numbers.

bingo70
03-08-2021, 09:54 PM
Let’s see what Ed council have in store for us. If it’s less than capacity hibs should kick up absolute **** instead of bending over and accepting these paltry numbers.

And if it is less than full capacity there needs to be complete transparency as to why not.

SteveHFC
03-08-2021, 09:54 PM

I’m not expecting Edinburgh Council to do anything here.

Hope both Hearts and Hibs are asking for full capacity right now.

ABZHFC
03-08-2021, 10:06 PM
If it’s anything less than full capacity from the 9th there needs to be fans literally storming the council offices. I mean that sincerely, these ***** deserve no peace whatsoever

Peevemor
03-08-2021, 10:16 PM
If it’s anything less than full capacity from the 9th there needs to be fans literally storming the council offices. I mean that sincerely, these ***** deserve no peace whatsoeverI'm sure that'll help.

Stuart93
03-08-2021, 10:27 PM
I’m not expecting Edinburgh Council to do anything here.

Hope both Hearts and Hibs are asking for full capacity right now.

But it would be down to Ed council to grant us full capacity. With Glasgow councils we’re not going to get in the way stance I’m struggling to see EC doing anything else.

Ronniekirk
03-08-2021, 10:31 PM
But they shouldn’t have to? You didn’t have to before COVID, and we are now moving “beyond level zero” and out of COVID restrictions. Why is it now that you must have to jump through those hoops? Especially when south of the border and in quite a few other European countries, this isn’t the case

Because Nicola has always said she will take a more cautious approach
Not saying I agree with her stance But she has made this clear all along

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 10:31 PM

Agreed.

ABZHFC
03-08-2021, 10:36 PM
Because Nicola has always said she will take a more cautious approach
Not saying I agree with her stance But she has made this clear all along

But the issue surely is, when cases do start to rise again (as they almost invariably will do come autumn/winter), we will not even be starting from a position of normality? So all this delaying is doing is making it harder and harder to bring back full, pre-2020 normality to Scotland. I don’t think they actually realise quite how unpopular this will make them, especially with England doing absolutely fine with no restrictions because hey, guess what, they don’t actually make too big of a difference push comes to shove

03-08-2021, 10:36 PM
After the behaviour of both Rangers and Celtic fans during lockdown, Glasgow City Council have got far more reason to deny them from returning to full capacity right away.

If Edinburgh City Council don't allow Hibs and Hearts the same then they should be explaining their reasons for it. Hibs should be letting us know what they're getting told by the council.

ABZHFC
03-08-2021, 10:40 PM
I'm sure that'll help.

In countries like Italy you’d have ultras leaning very heavily on the city council members and warning them what will happen if they deny full crowds. I’m not suggesting that we should follow course, but we all have to start getting far more belligerent and realise that there can be no piecemeal negotiations with those in ‘power’ making these decisions.

I have said this since May, it is an endless game of cat and mouse. If Hibs and Hearts are allowed anything less than full houses from the 9th, then it is time for both clubs to launch all out war on the council, and if that includes fans protesting, so be it

Stuart93
03-08-2021, 10:40 PM
After the behaviour of both Rangers and Celtic fans during lockdown, Glasgow City Council have got far more reason to deny them from returning to full capacity right away.

If Edinburgh City Council don't allow Hibs and Hearts the same then they should be explaining their reasons for it. Hibs should be letting us know what they're getting told by the council.

Yep think it’s been the lack of transparency or even an explanation behind the numbers that’s annoyed me the most about it. Either that or hibs using the word “delighted” for being handed a mere 900 extra tickets

Peevemor
03-08-2021, 10:46 PM

If Edinburgh City Council don't allow Hibs and Hearts the same then they should be explaining their reasons for it. Hibs should be letting us know what they're getting told by the council.Hibs are a private company. In no way should the council go public with any detail regarding decisions made.

Reasons will have been given for the permitted capacities. It's for Hibs to decide whether they wish to go public.

03-08-2021, 10:51 PM
Hibs are a private company. In no way should the council go public with any detail regarding decisions made.

Reasons will have been given for the permitted capacities. It's for Hibs to decide whether they wish to go public.

Yeah, that's what I thought I was saying.

Peevemor
03-08-2021, 10:54 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought I was saying.

:aok:

easty
03-08-2021, 11:02 PM
In countries like Italy you’d have ultras leaning very heavily on the city council members and warning them what will happen if they deny full crowds. I’m not suggesting that we should follow course, but we all have to start getting far more belligerent and realise that there can be no piecemeal negotiations with those in ‘power’ making these decisions.

I have said this since May, it is an endless game of cat and mouse. If Hibs and Hearts are allowed anything less than full houses from the 9th, then it is time for both clubs to launch all out war on the council, and if that includes fans protesting, so be it

Some people need to calm down a bit I think.

Let’s at least see what the Hibs/the council have to say first. There’s been absolutely nothing to suggest Hibs are about to get shafted. No need to get the war cry’s going.

Peevemor
03-08-2021, 11:07 PM

Let’s at least see what the Hibs/the council have to say first. There’s been absolutely nothing to suggest Hibs are about to get shafted. No need to get the war cry’s going.

Exactly. The club and/or the fans going mental isn't going to help either.

H18 SFR
03-08-2021, 11:08 PM

I don’t agree with anything illegal in response to this but it would not surprise me in the slightest if some say, “it’s only three weeks until the next review, so let’s just accepts 6-7k fans”. Three weeks later, “oh, she’s just being cautious, let’s wait until the next three week review”.

By that time the schools and universities being back will pretty much guarantee numbers of cases rise.

The narrative will then be, numbers are rising, the temperature is dropping, it’s prime conditions for the virus, football attendance can’t rise, the ballots are working, fans are getting to go albeit not every week.

Sir David Gray
03-08-2021, 11:13 PM
I don’t agree with anything illegal in response to this but it would not surprise me in the slightest if some say, “it’s only three weeks until the next review, so let’s just accepts 6-7k fans”. Three weeks later, “oh, she’s just being cautious, let’s wait until the next three week review”.

By that time the schools and universities being back will pretty much guarantee numbers of cases rise.

The narrative will then be, numbers are rising, the temperature is dropping, it’s prime conditions for the virus, football attendance can’t rise, the ballots are working, fans are getting to go albeit not every week.

Completely agree.

matty_f
03-08-2021, 11:58 PM

I don’t think so, they need to have a very good reason to prevent businesses trading, especially so if there’s evidence that competitors are not having those restrictions imposed.

I would be very interested in the legal challenge if Edinburgh council were more restrictive than Glasgow for any length of time without a very robust case for the restrictions.

green day
04-08-2021, 06:51 AM
Jeff Ellis was just on the radio saying Scot Govt had given him the go ahead for TRNSMT festival with 50000 people.

erin go bragh
04-08-2021, 06:57 AM
Celtic are allowed 24500 for this weekend’s game and that’s before Monday’s new rules come into place 🤨

soul_driver
04-08-2021, 07:03 AM

Encouraging.

So Rangers can get full capacity on Tuesday but we can only get 5000 odd on Sunday. It's this game I'm most disappointed about. Hibs should have given everything to get all season ticket holders at this game. That would only be just over 50% the day before restrictions are lifted.
Who's decision is it to have only 2 stands open? Hibs or the Council?

my left peg
04-08-2021, 07:06 AM
So Rangers can get full capacity on Tuesday but we can only get 5000 odd on Sunday. It's this game I'm most disappointed about. Hibs should have given everything to get all season ticket holders at this game. That would only be just over 50% the day before restrictions are lifted.

That is a very good question,could it be hibs,the new chief executive said on the Scottish news last night that there was work going on in the south and north stands,maybe hibs have decided to not open the famous five and the south stand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
04-08-2021, 07:11 AM
Have the club given any explanation as to why the Famous Five stand hasn't been used so far and doesn't appear to be open for our first league game? If not, they need to be explaining that asap.

Just Alf
04-08-2021, 07:11 AM
Celtic are allowed 24500 for this weekend’s game and that’s before Monday’s new rules come into place [emoji2955]I see it as a good sign, as per the current rules they've applied for more above the current automatically allowed limit, they've been able show they can accommodate that number and still keep segregation under current rules.

The new limit is 5000, that'll make no difference but the removal of segregation rules will mean many more in, what's left? Face masks when moving about?,,, that element will be based on observed compliance previously (as per the Liverpool test events Sturgeon talked about) .

I think the majority at Easter Road were more compliant than I've seen in some of the other games on TV so hopefully not too much of a negative effect.

All rhat said.... Edinburgh Council. :-/

JimBHibees
04-08-2021, 07:13 AM
If it’s anything less than full capacity from the 9th there needs to be fans literally storming the council offices. I mean that sincerely, these ***** deserve no peace whatsoever

Good idea :rolleyes:

Just Alf
04-08-2021, 07:13 AM
That is a very good question,could it be hibs,the new chief executive said on the Scottish news last night that there was work going on in the south and north stands,maybe hibs have decided to not open the famous five and the south stand.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkI hope this is the case, as like soul_driver this Sunday's numbers appear crazily low otherwise

Mikey_1875
04-08-2021, 07:23 AM
I hope this is the case, as like soul_driver this Sunday's numbers appear crazily low otherwise

I know we are dealing in hypotheticals, but surely that would be a case for more anger if it were to be true. The stands have been closed for over a year and for people to have paid money for season tickets in these stands missing out due to maintenance that would be pretty poor imo. I think it’s more likely the councils decision but like others i’d be very interested to hear why.

green day
04-08-2021, 07:34 AM

Tuesday is next week and is after the restriction change.

Capacities are still restricted on the Sunday as they are on Saturday - will be same at Livi v Aberdeen.

They deliberately change these rules on a Monday so that hospitality / business etc have most of the week to gear up - if we were to have larger capacities on Sunday the rules would have needed changed this week.

MunsterHibee
04-08-2021, 07:41 AM

Granted the Daily Record isn't exactly an extra relaible source of information I can see the two Glasgow clubs definitely getting the thumbs up for full capacity crowds. If this is the case what are the chances Edinburgh City Council will do the same for us???

Keith_M
04-08-2021, 07:51 AM

:agree:

By all means have a wee banner protest and light a couple of fireworks, if that's what floats your boat, but storming the City Chambers seems a wee bit over the top.

mcohibs
04-08-2021, 07:56 AM

Nae bother Trump

Sir David Gray
04-08-2021, 08:03 AM

I don't agree with anything illegal or potentially violent taking place but I do think there needs to be peaceful protests taking place, however things turning violent will achieve nothing.

Lendo
04-08-2021, 08:11 AM

I suppose you could do that. There is no one actually working in the Council offices just now as they are all working from home, but batter in if you think it'll help.

monarch
04-08-2021, 08:12 AM

Granted the Daily Record isn't exactly an extra relaible source of information I can see the two Glasgow clubs definitely getting the thumbs up for full capacity crowds. If this is the case what are the chances Edinburgh City Council will do the same for us???

No chance that the Daily Record are playing the populist card trying to force the Council/ Government decision :wink:

MunsterHibee
04-08-2021, 08:14 AM
No chance that the Daily Record are playing the populist card trying to force the Council/ Government decision :wink:Wouldn't be like them to show favouritism to the ugly sisters lol

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Stuart93
04-08-2021, 08:35 AM
I’m guessing we can turn up at anytime now for the game tomorrow? Not seen anything go out about certain windows

hibee_girl
04-08-2021, 08:38 AM
I’m guessing we can turn up at anytime now for the game tomorrow? Not seen anything go out about certain windows

The print at home tickets have times listed

PatHead
04-08-2021, 08:53 AM
I think Hibs should threaten to take Edinburgh council to court over the restrictions being placed on us. It is not our fault that Tynecastle only has a few main exits. We should not be restricted because of their failings.

Peevemor
04-08-2021, 08:57 AM
I think Hibs should threaten to take Edinburgh council to court over the restrictions being placed on us. It is not our fault that Tynecastle only has a few main exits. We should not be restricted because of their failings.

Unless I'm having a whoosh moment, that would be a stupid waste of time, energy and money.

Lendo
04-08-2021, 09:05 AM
Unless I'm having a whoosh moment, that would be a stupid waste of time, energy and money.

Seems a very Jambo/Hun thing to do

bingo70
04-08-2021, 09:06 AM

I’ve had my tantrum about it yesterday and I still find it outrageous we need to apply to have more than 5,000 (where has that figure come from? Why 5,000 and not % of stadium capacity?)

Having slept on it though, there probably isn’t any sense wasting any time worrying about it until we see what happens at our first game after the new rules are in place.

If we don’t get a full stadium, no decent explanation as to why not and the club keep on arse kissing the council then I’ll be up there rioting with that poster who keeps suggesting it. Well I won’t actually do the rioting part, I will main about it loads on here though.

CapitalGreen
04-08-2021, 09:07 AM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Considering we applied for 9000 tickets for a recent game I doubt this is the case.

my left peg
04-08-2021, 09:10 AM
Considering we applied for 9000 tickets for a recent game I doubt this is the case.Maybe not,we might never know
Hopefully we are all back for the next league game,I'm sure who ever wants to go to the killie league cup will get in.

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

matty_f
04-08-2021, 09:13 AM

We don’t know what, if any, restrictions will be placed on us yet. It’s not inconceivable that the council - after Monday - approve our applications.

There’s a lot of angst about something that hasn’t happened yet. It might happen, but equally it might all be ok.

bingo70
04-08-2021, 09:17 AM
We don’t know what, if any, restrictions will be placed on us yet. It’s not inconceivable that the council - after Monday - approve our applications.

There’s a lot of angst about something that hasn’t happened yet. It might happen, but equally it might all be ok.

I agree with you but I do get the frustration.

Feels a bit like there’s nothing in the rules to stop us getting a full house but they still want us to beg.

If there were clear and transparent reasoning behind it or if we were told the criteria for a full house being approved or not then I think people would be a lot more understanding.

Just now though we are effectively left waiting on a decision being made on whats perceived to be a whim of someone at Edinburgh council who I think very few people have any faith in.

Sir David Gray
04-08-2021, 09:21 AM
I’ve had my tantrum about it yesterday and I still find it outrageous we need to apply to have more than 5,000 (where has that figure come from? Why 5,000 and not % of stadium capacity?)

Having slept on it though, there probably isn’t any sense wasting any time worrying about it until we see what happens at our first game after the new rules are in place.

If we don’t get a full stadium, no decent explanation as to why not and the club keep on arse kissing the council then I’ll be up there rioting with that poster who keeps suggesting it. Well I won’t actually do the rioting part, I will main about it loads on here though.

I believe peaceful and legal direct action is the only way forward in dealing with this now if we continue to get a raw deal from the council after Monday.

They won't be interested in a few people moaning on an internet message board.

04-08-2021, 09:23 AM

We're getting our angst in early because it wouldn't be a surprise if we get shafted by the council. Like Bingo says, very few have faith in the council (and their decision making abilities).

Peevemor
04-08-2021, 09:27 AM
I believe peaceful and legal direct action is the only way forward in dealing with this now if we continue to get a raw deal from the council after Monday.

They won't be interested in a few people moaning on an internet message board.

Hibs have thanked the council each time capacities have been announced.

You think we've been getting a raw deal but the club don't seem to.

I know who I believe.

calumhibee1
04-08-2021, 09:28 AM

I know who I believe.

You don’t think the club are getting a raw deal getting 25% capacity whilst England had full crowds in May and have full crowds now?

Peevemor
04-08-2021, 09:30 AM
You don’t think the club are getting a raw deal getting 25% capacity whilst England had full crowds in May and have full crowds now?

I don't see the relevance - Hibs aren't in England.

bingo70
04-08-2021, 09:31 AM

I know who I believe.

Could be easily solved if the club or council explained the numbers approved.

Social distancing couldn’t be the reason when there’s 2 empty stands that could have had people socially distanced in.

We’ll never know though.

danhibees1875
04-08-2021, 09:39 AM

Social distancing couldn’t be the reason when there’s 2 empty stands that could have had people socially distanced in.

We’ll never know though.

Is it not more likely to be the influx of people to the surrounding area and using public transport, pubs, and restaurants before/after the game?

The 5,000 limit being more focused on that than the ratio of empty seats left.
That comes with its own flaws too of course but would seem a logical explanation to the 5,000 regardless of capacity decision.

Edinburgh/Leith/Easter road is perfectly capable of catering to a larger number safely - so it should be a simple decision for CEC to approve when Hibs ask.

Peevemor
04-08-2021, 09:42 AM

I agree but as I posted elsewhere it's for the club to decide the information they want to release. The council shouldn't publicly enter into detail on applications/decisions relating to private bodies/companies.

We’ll never know though.

Maybe one day we will? :dunno:

calumhibee1
04-08-2021, 09:49 AM
Is it not more likely to be the influx of people to the surrounding area and using public transport, pubs, and restaurants before/after the game?

That comes with its own flaws too of course but would seem a logical explanation to the 5,000 regardless of capacity decision.

Edinburgh/Leith/Easter road is perfectly capable of catering to a larger number safely - so it should be a simple decision for CEC to approve when Hibs ask.

I’ve seen this suggested a few times but pubs and restaurants (and possibly public transport?) all have their own capacity restrictions so I don’t get why they should have any impact on what goes on at a totally different venue.

You wouldn’t see people saying that certain pubs have to have a lower capacity than others because they’ve got a few restaurants around them and people might want to go to that pub for a drink before/after.

bingo70
04-08-2021, 09:52 AM

I’ve no idea, we’ve never been told; that’s loosely the point I’m making.

We are being told to obey decisions that don’t make any sense and with no explanation. The club are then thanking them for it and not telling us anything behind the reasoning.

No wonder people are getting anxious about it.

Andy74
04-08-2021, 09:55 AM

If all other restrictions are being lifted, why would this matter?

greenginger
04-08-2021, 10:03 AM

Public transport, pubs and restaurants all have their own safety capacity and systems. It should make no difference if the demand is created by a busy Saturday night or a football match.

It makes no sense to restrict one business ie football because other businesses ie pubs could be filled beyond their safe capacity.

But logic and Edinburgh Council have never been seen together.

mcohibs
04-08-2021, 11:20 AM

How does the capacity of crowds in England have any relevance to whether Hibs are getting a raw deal from Edinburgh Council?

Ronniekirk
04-08-2021, 11:30 AM
But the issue surely is, when cases do start to rise again (as they almost invariably will do come autumn/winter), we will not even be starting from a position of normality? So all this delaying is doing is making it harder and harder to bring back full, pre-2020 normality to Scotland. I don’t think they actually realise quite how unpopular this will make them, especially with England doing absolutely fine with no restrictions because hey, guess what, they don’t actually make too big of a difference push comes to shove

No argument from me on that mate

calumhibee1
04-08-2021, 11:34 AM
How does the capacity of crowds in England have any relevance to whether Hibs are getting a raw deal from Edinburgh Council?

How does it not? :confused:

It’s been shown in England it’s safe to do so. The council not allowing it and the SG passing the buck is Hibs and all other clubs getting a raw deal.

Big_Franck
04-08-2021, 11:44 AM

It’s been shown in England it’s safe to do so. The council not allowing it and the SG passing the buck is Hibs and all other clubs getting a raw deal.

Totally agree. We've seen with the lifting of restrictions in other parts of the UK that it's now safe to do so. This is just the Scottish government being ridiculously cautious and holding on to these additional powers longer than they need to. Sturgeon always said restrictions wouldn't be in place any longer than necessary and that was clearly yet another lie.

Peevemor
04-08-2021, 11:48 AM
Totally agree. We've seen with the lifting of restrictions in other parts of the UK that it's now safe to do so. This is just the Scottish government being ridiculously cautious and holding on to these additional powers longer than they need to. Sturgeon always said restrictions wouldn't be in place any longer than necessary and that was clearly yet another lie.

I've seen this posted a few times.

Why would they want to do it if they didn't think there was a good reason? What do the SG gain from hanging on to these powers?

Big_Franck
04-08-2021, 11:57 AM

Why would they want to do it if they didn't think there was a good reason? What do the SG gain from hanging on to these powers?

They need to be explain what their good reasons are for continuing with restrictions past the date given for the lifting of restrictions. They haven't done and won't do so as they don't have good reasons, they are just being ridiculously cautious yet again.

Let's hear the good reasons for continuing with restrictions in Scotland because I've yet to hear any.

The SNP are extremely lucky we've just had local elections. I've only ever voted SNP or green but there's not a hope I'll be voting SNP again if this nonsense lasts any longer.

neil7908
04-08-2021, 11:57 AM

Indeed. I'm not convinced by the current rules but we are yet to see them in practice - maybe it will work out OK.

But there's a few on here that seem to be suggesting some Big Government conspiracy to turn us into a police state. Which is just nonsense.

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2021, 12:00 PM
It’ll create a bit of a headache for the club with the 5000 who don’t get to go on Sunday and then on Monday they start allowing everyone in. Everyone paid the same for their ST but half will get less of a product.

easty
04-08-2021, 12:01 PM

I’d guess the answer is something about Nicola Sturgeon being a wee hitler or something.

Geo_1875
04-08-2021, 12:02 PM

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map/cases

Safe in England?

Peevemor
04-08-2021, 12:02 PM
They need to be explain what their good reasons are for continuing with restrictions past the date given for the lifting of restrictions. They haven't done and won't do so as they don't have good reasons, they are just being ridiculously cautious yet again.

Let's here the good reasons for continuing with restrictions in Scotland because I've yet to hear any.

The SNP are extremely lucky we've just had local elections. I've only ever voted SNP or green but there's not a hope I'll be voting SNP again if this nonsense lasts any longer.

You haven't explained what the SNP or SG have to gain by continuing with certain measures if they believe there's no need for them.

Surely it'd be easier for them to do the popular thing and open everything up - business as usual? But no - they're continuing with some caution even though it may lose them votes.

I don't know of they're right or wrong, but I respect them for doing what they think is right as opposed to what's easy.

Peevemor
04-08-2021, 12:03 PM
Indeed. I'm not convinced by the current rules but we are yet to see them in practice - maybe it will work out OK.

But there's a few on here that seem to be suggesting some Big Government conspiracy to turn us into a police state. Which is just nonsense.

Some of the stuff that's being posted is astonishing.

Peevemor
04-08-2021, 12:05 PM
It’ll create a bit of a headache for the club with the 5000 who don’t get to go on Sunday and then on Monday they start allowing everyone in. Everyone paid the same for their ST but half will get less of a product.

The fairest thing would be to only allow the "other" 5,000 in for the next match regardless. :agree:

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2021, 12:06 PM

Which I think was accepted at the time you bought your season ticket.

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2021, 12:07 PM
The fairest thing would be to only allow the "other" 5,000 in for the next match regardless. :agree:

Seems the fairest way but I can imagine the complaints. Alternative would be a free ticket for the first home cup match.

Assuming we start getting everyone in soon otherwise it’ll be complaints about who got the hearts/Rangers/Celtic game in the ballot vs Dundee/Ross County.

ABZHFC
04-08-2021, 12:07 PM

Like so much of the response to COVID, it is mainly so they can be seen to be doing something. They believe the Tories in England are irresponsible to do away with all legal restrictions (they’re not, I ****ing hate them with my very soul, but removing all legal restrictions now is completely the right thing to do). So invariably they will take an approach that is a halfway house, to appease the neurotic, health anxious members of our society that have continued to be catered to since we all got seriously impressive vaccines in our arm. So no, I don’t genuinely believe that the SNP are power-hungry tyrants, but I do believe they are a bland, vacuous party filled with middle management, white collar types who have little grasp on the realities of day-to-day Scottish life. Therefore, they are more likely to “follow the science” and continue to apply nonsensical and disproportionate restrictions in order to be seen as doing the ‘sensible thing’

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2021, 12:08 PM
Which I think was accepted at the time you bought your season ticket.

Probably covered although I also recall about being prioritised in a ballot if I missed out on a game.

Having said that I expect nothing back - it’s the way the club have approached it.

Big_Franck
04-08-2021, 12:09 PM
You haven't explained what the SNP or SG have to gain by continuing with certain measures if they believe there's no need for them.

Surely it'd be easier for them to do the popular thing and open everything up - business as usual? But no - they're continuing with some caution even though it may lose them votes.

I don't know of they're right or wrong, but I respect them for doing what they think is right as opposed to what's easy.

Just because the SG think it's the right thing to do doesn't mean it actually is. The powers that be can be wrong sometimes you know. I know that'll be hard to understand for someone who toes the party line on every single topic across every thread for years though. They need to explain why they are continuing with restrictions, end of. Then we'll see they have no basis for continuing with these nonsensical rules.

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2021, 12:10 PM
Probably covered although I also recall about being prioritised in a ballot if I missed out on a game.

Having said that I expect nothing back - it’s the way the club have approached it.

While numbers were restricted. If we are allowed full capacity then it doesn't apply.

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2021, 12:13 PM
While numbers were restricted. If we are allowed full capacity then it doesn't apply.

Normally you’d try to look after your customers - I’ll wait to see if I get in on Sunday before complaining though.

Just hope the club are considering what they do.

Peevemor
04-08-2021, 12:14 PM
Just because the SG think it's the right thing to do doesn't mean it actually is. The powers that be can be wrong sometimes you know. I know that'll be hard to understand for someone who toes the party line on every single topic across every thread for years though. They need to explain why they are continuing with restrictions, end of. Then we'll see they have no basis for continuing with these nonsensical rules.

I already said that I don't know if they're right or wrong, but you still haven't explained why they'd want to "hold on to these additional powers longer than they need to". What do they have to gain? Unless you don't know and you're just talking nonsense?

And nice wee dig - even though you're wrong!

Geo_1875
04-08-2021, 12:15 PM
Like so much of the response to COVID, it is mainly so they can be seen to be doing something. They believe the Tories in England are irresponsible to do away with all legal restrictions (they’re not, I ****ing hate them with my very soul, but removing all legal restrictions now is completely the right thing to do). So invariably they will take an approach that is a halfway house, to appease the neurotic, health anxious members of our society that have continued to be catered to since we all got seriously impressive vaccines in our arm. So no, I don’t genuinely believe that the SNP are power-hungry tyrants, but I do believe they are a bland, vacuous party filled with middle management, white collar types who have little grasp on the realities of day-to-day Scottish life. Therefore, they are more likely to “follow the science” and continue to apply nonsensical and disproportionate restrictions in order to be seen as doing the ‘sensible thing’

Doing away with all legal restrictions is the most Tory thing any government could do at this time. Personal responsibility only works when everyone behaves responsibly.

Big_Franck
04-08-2021, 12:19 PM
I already said that I don't know if they're right or wrong, but you still haven't explained why they'd want to "hold on to these additional powers longer than they need to". What do they have to gain? Unless you don't know and you're just talking nonsense?

And nice wee dig - even though you're wrong!

You haven't explained why you think they are continuing with restrictions either, I'd guess that's because you can't think of one good reason why they would.

Anyway, back to work for me. Not everyone spends numerous hours every day dominating every thread. Maybe go for a walk or something, it can't be good for you.

Peevemor
04-08-2021, 12:22 PM
You haven't explained why you think they are continuing with restrictions either, I'd guess that's because you can't think of one good reason why they would.

Anyway, back to work for me. Not everyone spends numerous hours every day dominating every thread. Maybe go for a walk or something, it can't be good for you.

I don't have to explain myself - I'm not the one making accusations.

You still can't answer the question can you?

Maybe think about the answer before making stuff up about me.

ahibby
04-08-2021, 12:23 PM
I’d guess the answer is something about Nicola Sturgeon being a wee hitler or something.

I dont think she would commit political suicide and feels another wave would be imminent. Football isnt the only area with continuing restrictions, FE and HE might not return to something like normal until January. We all want back to nirmal but if everything suddenly does then we could see reversals caused by new strains. They perhaps want to see how Football FE and HE fair with gradual increases rather than take the chance of sudden massive change causing problems. I am not saying its the right thing to do just pointing out that caution is being applied.

ABZHFC
04-08-2021, 12:26 PM
Doing away with all legal restrictions is the most Tory thing any government could do at this time. Personal responsibility only works when everyone behaves responsibly.

It’s also how we lived our life before COVID-19 came. I agreed with measures initially, we now have a vaccine, it is amazing, over 90% of us have one jag, around 75% two. We have literally done all we can, and whilst I completely understand the trauma and scarring that almost everyone has suffered from this virus, I do not believe that excessive caution now is the answer. The continued restrictions (if they haven’t already) will have a worse impact on society than minimal spread of what is going to become an endemic virus. It seriously is time to do away with all restrictions, I am not opposed to COVID passports (vaccination/negative test/immunity proof) if that means getting there, but this idea that the Scottish Government come out and say we’re “beyond the levels restrictions” whilst maintaining several intrusive, largely theatre-based NPI/ is absolutely mental. Just look at what Swinney has come out and said about “vertical drinking” this morning ffs. Under 40s now are being utterly shafted, so are football and music, it’s time for serious protests and mass civil disobedience against this

easty
04-08-2021, 12:28 PM
I dont think she would commit political suicide and feels another wave would be imminent. Football isnt the only area with continuing restrictions, FE and HE might not return to something like normal until January. We all want back to nirmal but if everything suddenly does then we could see reversals caused by new strains. They perhaps want to see how Football FE and HE fair with gradual increases rather than take the chance of sudden massive change causing problems. I am not saying its the right thing to do just pointing out that caution is being applied.

For the avoidance of doubt, I’m firmly in the “they think it’s the best move for the country”. “They” being the government and whoever is advising them. There have been rules I’ve not enjoyed following for a long time now, but I’ve learnt to deal with them.

I couldn’t be further away from the thinking that Nicola Sturgeon is sitting at home thinking of ways she can keep “the power”. It’s rambling nonsense as far as I’m concerned.

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2021, 12:31 PM
Normally you’d try to look after your customers - I’ll wait to see if I get in on Sunday before complaining though.

Just hope the club are considering what they do.

Letting everyone in once allowed is looking after their customers.

Having a random ballot when number allowed is also looking after their customers, as best as possible.

easty
04-08-2021, 12:33 PM
It’s also how we lived our life before COVID-19 came. I agreed with measures initially, we now have a vaccine, it is amazing, over 90% of us have one jag, around 75% two. We have literally done all we can, and whilst I completely understand the trauma and scarring that almost everyone has suffered from this virus, I do not believe that excessive caution now is the answer. The continued restrictions (if they haven’t already) will have a worse impact on society than minimal spread of what is going to become an endemic virus. It seriously is time to do away with all restrictions, I am not opposed to COVID passports (vaccination/negative test/immunity proof) if that means getting there, but this idea that the Scottish Government come out and say we’re “beyond the levels restrictions” whilst maintaining several intrusive, largely theatre-based NPI/ is absolutely mental. Just look at what Swinney has come out and said about “vertical drinking” this morning ffs. Under 40s now are being utterly shafted, so are football and music, it’s time for serious protests and mass civil disobedience against this

We’re almost at the end of restrictions. Do you really think “serious protests and mass civil disobedience” is going to achieve much/anything?

ahibby
04-08-2021, 12:36 PM

Oh dear. You realise that on one hand you want civil rights by removing all restrictions and on the other you dont mind vaccine passports which would damage some civil rights. Also calling for civil serious protests is akin to Trumpism. Its interesting to read your views and try and guage where they are coming from in a Sociology context. Although I dont conpletely agree with you its been interesting to read your views.

Hibs90
04-08-2021, 12:37 PM
50,000 people at TRNSMT festival but we have to apply for over 5000 at a football match

ahibby
04-08-2021, 12:43 PM
For the avoidance of doubt, I’m firmly in the “they think it’s the best move for the country”. “They” being the government and whoever is advising them. There have been rules I’ve not enjoyed following for a long time now, but I’ve learnt to deal with them.

I couldn’t be further away from the thinking that Nicola Sturgeon is sitting at home thinking of ways she can keep “the power”. It’s rambling nonsense as far as I’m concerned.

Got it. We are on the same or similar page. I want normality but if in some areas of life it has to be gradual then so be it. Folk will show how well they think the return to normal is being managed when elections come around.

ahibby
04-08-2021, 12:44 PM
50,000 people at TRNSMT festival but we have to apply for over 5000 at a football match

What is TRNSMT?

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2021, 12:45 PM

And we see from reading forums like this that personal responsibility is something that I would have a problem with.

Tourists wandering into shops without a mask, and when asked say that they forgot it, or it's dangling from their wrist.

matty_f
04-08-2021, 12:48 PM

Did TRNSMT not have to apply for that as well?

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2021, 12:49 PM
Letting everyone in once allowed is looking after their customers.

Having a random ballot when number allowed is also looking after their customers, as best as possible.

You’re either the most easy going person in the world or you’ve not lost a ticket in a ballot yet 😂

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2021, 12:50 PM
Did TRNSMT not have to apply for that as well?

Presumably - Glasgow council obviously taking a different approach to Edinburgh.

It’s a shame Jason Leitch has gone missing from Off the Ball now otherwise he could maybe explain the “nuances”.

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2021, 12:51 PM
I am not opposed to COVID passports (vaccination/negative test/immunity proof)

Another thing only the tories want!!!

We become a divided UK of haves and have nots. First step to compulsory ID cards?

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2021, 12:56 PM

I have said elsewhere, I wouldn't believe Geoff Ellis that there are no buts or caveats about it going ahead. I think that is a bit like Celtc saying that they got government approval to go to dubai. Trnsmt is 5 weeks away, things could change before then.

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2021, 12:58 PM
What is TRNSMT?

T in the park without camping

SaulGoodman
04-08-2021, 12:59 PM
What is TRNSMT?

Transmit without vowels because that’s cool for the young yins

matty_f
04-08-2021, 12:59 PM
Presumably - Glasgow council obviously taking a different approach to Edinburgh.

It’s a shame Jason Leitch has gone missing from Off the Ball now otherwise he could maybe explain the “nuances”.

So the post should have been TRNSMT and Hibs had to apply for more than 5000?

calumhibee1
04-08-2021, 01:00 PM
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map/cases

Safe in England?

In what way does this map show that people going to football matches in England is unsafe?

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2021, 01:01 PM
You’re either the most easy going person in the world or you’ve not lost a ticket in a ballot yet 😂

Another way to put it, if capacity crowd is allowed, how would it be fair to deny access to all season tickets?

A ballot is a lottery, there are winners and losers you can't say we'll keep going until every ticket is a winner!!

ABZHFC
04-08-2021, 01:03 PM
Oh dear. You realise that on one hand you want civil rights by removing all restrictions and on the other you dont mind vaccine passports which would damage some civil rights. Also calling for civil serious protests is akin to Trumpism. Its interesting to read your views and try and guage where they are coming from in a Sociology context. Although I dont conpletely agree with you its been interesting to read your views.

I would hate for vaccine passports to come in if they solely grant you access to places based on your vaccination status, as that would be highly illiberal. However a coronavirus passport thing being introduced for large events, which allows for people to show a negative test or use proof of their previous infections to enter these things, I have less of an issue with - especially if it would help society’s most vulnerable to have confidence in returning to ‘normal’.

As for protests, we can agree to disagree. But I do think it’s time for football clubs to stop being ‘delighted’ and ‘grateful’ for limited capacities and start to get some fire in their bellies. I fear the Old Firm will do exactly this whilst us, Hearts and Aberdeen beg for scraps.

It should be nothing less than a full crowd application for the 15th of August and the club should come out and explain why not if it’s anything less than that

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2021, 01:03 PM
Is TRNSMT this weekend?

Middle of September.

CapitalGreen
04-08-2021, 01:16 PM
Maybe not,we might never know
Hopefully we are all back for the next league game,I'm sure who ever wants to go to the killie league cup will get in.

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

I’m pretty certain Hibs wouldn’t be carrying out stadium improvement works while the season is ongoing that would impact season ticket holders ability to attend matches.

ahibby
04-08-2021, 01:29 PM
T in the park without camping

Ah so completely out doors unlike football with concourses and stairwells then. So there is a difference.

ahibby
04-08-2021, 01:32 PM
I would hate for vaccine passports to come in if they solely grant you access to places based on your vaccination status, as that would be highly illiberal. However a coronavirus passport thing being introduced for large events, which allows for people to show a negative test or use proof of their previous infections to enter these things, I have less of an issue with - especially if it would help society’s most vulnerable to have confidence in returning to ‘normal’.

As for protests, we can agree to disagree. But I do think it’s time for football clubs to stop being ‘delighted’ and ‘grateful’ for limited capacities and start to get some fire in their bellies. I fear the Old Firm will do exactly this whilst us, Hearts and Aberdeen beg for scraps.

It should be nothing less than a full crowd application for the 15th of August and the club should come out and explain why not if it’s anything less than that

Fair enough. For those ST holders who would rather not return immediately do you think Hibs should continue with Hibspass?

Andy74
04-08-2021, 01:33 PM
Ah so completely out doors unlike football with concourses and stairwells then. So there is a difference.

Yes, but we are 'beyond level zero' and the question is why outdoor events of any kind still need to retain an element of sign off. It is limit on people and businesses now which really shouldn't be necessary given we can do pretty much anything else.

Time spent in concourse and stairwells was never high risk anyway and we shouldn't still be worrying about those things if the overall level is accurate.

greenginger
04-08-2021, 01:41 PM

I think it’s only if you are in close proximity to someone with covid for 15 mins you would be considered at risk .

Thats not happening accessing and exiting the stadium which is pretty well ventilated anyway.

calumhibee1
04-08-2021, 01:42 PM
I think it’s only if you are in close proximity to someone with covid for 15 mins you would be considered at risk .

Thats not happening accessing and exiting the stadium which is pretty well ventilated anyway.

Yup. I’d imagine the concourse would possibly even be classed as outdoors with the amount of fresh air that gets in.

ahibby
04-08-2021, 01:42 PM
Yes, but we are 'beyond level zero' and the question is why outdoor events of any kind still need to retain an element of sign off. It is limit on people and businesses now which really shouldn't be necessary given we can do pretty much anything else.

Time spent in concourse and stairwells was never high risk anyway and we shouldn't still be worrying about those things if the overall level is accurate.

I would say that in the West Stand North at half time there would be a problem as it is heavily congested when the stadium has normal size crowds, and highly unlikely all would wear masks. There is a difference between fully open air events and partial open air events so T in the park and football stadia are not the same situations.

WhileTheChief..
04-08-2021, 01:44 PM
The thing with the Scottish Gov is that it appears they base most of their decisions around the Indy argument so they have to go against Westminster no matter what.

If Boris was saying for us to stay in lockdown for longer you can bet the SG would be opening stuff up sooner!

CapitalGreen
04-08-2021, 01:44 PM
I would say that in the West Stand North at half time there would be a problem as it is heavily congested when the stadium has normal size crowds, and highly unlikely all would wear masks. There is a difference between fully open air events and partial open air events so T in the park and football stadia are not the same situations.

More heavily congested than a nightclub dancefloor?

Lago
04-08-2021, 01:45 PM
Think I've read that rangers will have a full house for their return European match, permission granted by G C Council.

greenginger
04-08-2021, 01:47 PM

Will the outdoor door event not have enclosed areas . Tents for food, smaller performances , toilets etc ?

WhileTheChief..
04-08-2021, 01:48 PM

This here is a perfect of example of how the rules being applied are not science based.

It's a farce that it's''still being described as such. Every decision around crowds is now purely financial / political.

flash
04-08-2021, 01:53 PM
This here is a perfect of example of how the rules being applied are not science based.

It's a farce that it's''still being described as such. Every decision around crowds is now purely financial / political.

What is the political benefit of pissing thousands of voters off?

ian cruise
04-08-2021, 01:58 PM

I've been supportive of taking a cautious approach but even I have to agree that this is getting farcical now. There is no way you can claim an event like TRNSMT (or any other gig outdoors or indoors) will be more covid safe/socially distanced if sold out than a football match, particularly if they did limit it to season ticket holders only.

If clubs don't get at least the season ticket holders in then fans and clubs need to all contact local MPs and get this discussed ASAP otherwise we will continue to lose out. If there are genuine, scientific reasons why football differs (and I can't imagine what they'd be) then just tell us what they are.

Phil MaGlass
04-08-2021, 02:02 PM

Political, wtf yi talkin aboot?
Ah take it yir a tory or someone oot tae score cheap points.
Theres one or two on this board that try that angle tae, SNP Baaad

Lendo
04-08-2021, 02:07 PM

What financial or political gains is there here for the Scottish Government?

Pretty Boy
04-08-2021, 02:09 PM
What is the political benefit of pissing thousands of voters off?

Continuing restrictions are something that is still popular according to various polls.

I'd argue this is a situation in which there is little downside for the Scottish Govt, or indeed any party in Scotland regardless of the stance they take. Our elections are single issue events. A few thousand football fans being hacked off about ongoing restrictions is irrelevant at any time but even more so a few months into a multi year political term.

FWIW I don't think this is politically motivated. It's just micro management gone mad. So many rules and restrictions have been tweaked, changed, retained, backtracked on and whatever else that the kind of ludicrous contradictions and illogical nonsense we are seeing exposed now is inevitable.

flash
04-08-2021, 02:12 PM
Continuing restrictions are something that is still popular according to various polls.

I'd argue this is a situation in which there is little downside for the Scottish Govt, or indeed any party in Scotland regardless of the stance they take. Our elections are single issue events. A few thousand football fans being hacked off about ongoing restrictions is irrelevant at any time but even more so a few months into a multi year political term.

FWIW I don't think this is politically motivated. It's just micro management gone mad. So many rules and restrictions have been tweaked, changed, retained, backtracked on and whatever else that the kind of ludicrous contradictions and illogical nonsense we are seeing exposed now is inevitable.
Basically they just haven't got a clue what they are doing.