PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Season Ticket

dp00
26-07-2021, 02:40 PM
Just read that it’s £5 to get your season ticket replaced if you’ve lost it since the last time it’s been used

I appear to have lost/misplaced both mine, not too surprising given they haven’t been used for over a year . surely I can’t be the only one that thinks Hibs charging us £5 each for a replacement this season is nothing short of scandalous?

Paid £750 for season tickets last season and never seen a game, then paid again this season knowing the likely hood is ill miss some with the restrictions & the club are wanting more money off me to replace my ticket I get it’s only £10 but still … who makes these decisions ? Who signed that off as a good way to treat fans ?

Billy Whizz
26-07-2021, 02:47 PM
Just read that it’s £5 to get your season ticket replaced if you’ve lost it since the last time it’s been used

I appear to have lost/misplaced both mine, not too surprising given they haven’t been used for over a year . surely I can’t be the only one that thinks Hibs charging us £5 each for a replacement this season is nothing short of scandalous?

Paid £750 for season tickets last season and never seen a game, then paid again this season knowing the likely hood is ill miss some with the restrictions & the club are wanting more money off me to replace my ticket I get it’s only £10 but still … who makes these decisions ? Who signed that off as a good way to treat fans ?

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/season-ticket-faqs-ahead-of-the-new-campaign

Is this saying if you have a digital card saying 2020/21 you will continue to use it
I’m in same seat, same price

Andy74
26-07-2021, 02:48 PM

Think it is quite reasonable really.

We can’t just keep linking everything back to missing games last year.

There has to be some covering of the costs and incentive for people to find or not lose these.

Hibernian Verse
26-07-2021, 02:49 PM
Think it is quite reasonable really.

We can’t just keep linking everything back to missing games last year.

There has to be some covering of the costs and incentive for people to find or not lose these.

It's reasonable until you realise that if someone has moved seat it's free for them. They should be offering replacement cards for free this season IMO.

Andy74
26-07-2021, 02:51 PM
It's reasonable until you realise that if someone has moved seat it's free for them. They should be offering replacement cards for free this season IMO.

No I think when moving seats it is reasonable for Hibs to cover that. If you just lose it then not so much. They are also available digitally.

GordonHFC
26-07-2021, 02:51 PM

Take a photo of your bar code when you get your replacement card and you can use that at the turnstile. Back up in case you lose your card again.

Hibernian Verse
26-07-2021, 02:53 PM
No I think when moving seats it is reasonable for Hibs to cover that. If you just lose it then not so much. They are also available digitally.

Good shout on the digital version, I'll put it on my phone.

If someone has moved seat you get a freebie but if you keep the same seat you don't. We can agree to disagree on that. It's just a fiver but it's the principle of looking after your customers.

Andy74
26-07-2021, 02:54 PM

If someone has moved seat you get a freebie but if you keep the same seat you don't. We can agree to disagree on that. It's just a fiver but it's the principle of looking after your customers.

Getting a card when you move seat is because you have to initially be issued a card for that seat. Not the same as losing one that was issued to you.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2021, 02:56 PM

Are they sending out digital cards again, net someone the other day who can’t remember getting one

Hibernian Verse
26-07-2021, 02:57 PM
Getting a card when you move seat is because you have to initially be issued a card for that seat. Not the same as losing one that was issued to you.

I didn't realise they were different situations, thank you for clarifying.

Hibernian Verse
26-07-2021, 03:02 PM

Just had an email from Mel @ TO saying that replacement cards will be sent out in the next few weeks FOC (as they should be). Just get in touch with them.

Billy Whizz
26-07-2021, 03:09 PM
On queue, a quick review of Season ticket prices around Scotland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57666360

26-07-2021, 07:50 PM
On queue, a quick review of Season ticket prices around Scotland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57666360

Had forgotten we get 10% off at the kiosks.

jeffers
26-07-2021, 09:32 PM
Are they sending out digital cards again, net someone the other day who can’t remember getting one

I certainly can’t find one for last season, but as we never used them I just assumed they hadn’t actually been sent out. I’m hoping/expecting one will be sent for this season even though I kept the same seat.

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2021, 09:35 PM
I certainly can’t find one for last season, but as we never used them I just assumed they hadn’t actually been sent out. I’m hoping/expecting one will be sent for this season even though I kept the same seat.

They were sent out last season.

26-07-2021, 09:48 PM

I'm the same. I didn't think any were sent out last season. As you say, we never used them. I'd just assumed the club were holding off until we needed them and as we never got in at all, they were never sent.

Dibben
26-07-2021, 10:05 PM
I did receive cards for last year, but we had moved seat.

Not sure you would have got a new card last season if you hadn’t!!?

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2021, 10:32 PM
I did receive cards for last year, but we had moved seat.

Not sure you would have got a new card last season if you hadn’t!!?

Everyone got a new card last season regardless of moving seat or not, change from barcode to Q code was the reason.

Dibben
26-07-2021, 10:45 PM
Everyone got a new card last season regardless of moving seat or not, change from barcode to Q code was the reason.

👍🏻

jeffers
27-07-2021, 12:16 AM

Sorry I meant the digital ones, though saying that I don’t remember getting a physical one for last season either. I thought it was the previous season when the new scanners went in.

hibbysam
27-07-2021, 12:18 AM
Sorry I meant the digital ones, though saying that I don’t remember getting a physical one for last season either. I thought it was the previous season when the new scanners went in.

It was the season before, we never used a season ticket last year and I certainly used the new one so had to be two years ago. Club could easily have given a first replacement free then charged every one thereafter.

Sir David Gray
27-07-2021, 07:06 AM

Definitely the season before, if you stayed in your same seat and price class as 19/20 then you didn't get a new card issued last season.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/season-card-update

BoomtownHibees
27-07-2021, 07:45 AM
Just move seat and save yourself a fiver

PatHead
27-07-2021, 08:02 AM
It was the season before, we never used a season ticket last year and I certainly used the new one so had to be two years ago. Club could easily have given a first replacement free then charged every one thereafter.

I remember it was discussed at Working Together a few years ago. It was amazing how many replacement cards were handed out over the course of the season. It causes extra work to sort out and post new ones out. The general feeling was that people would look a lot harder if they had to pay
On matchdays there were a ridiculous amount of fans who forgot their tickets. That caused queuing problems at the ticket office. A charge was discussed for that too.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2021, 09:31 AM
Definitely the season before, if you stayed in your same seat and price class as 19/20 then you didn't get a new card issued last season.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/season-card-update

Yes I stand corrected, lost track of the seasons it seems.

Sir David Gray
27-07-2021, 09:42 AM
Yes I stand corrected, lost track of the seasons it seems.

Easily done!

Hermit Crab
27-07-2021, 03:09 PM
I moved my seat and was told in an email I'll be getting a new ST card in the next few weeks. :aok: