PDA

View Full Version : Restricted numbers

Pages : [1] 2 3

H113EE5
22-07-2021, 07:48 PM
No wonder the Council restrict attendance. 3 or 4 times there have been announcements regarding the mandatory wearing of a face mask and still many of the idiots round me in the East stand just ignore it. Ggtrrrrrr

hibbie02
22-07-2021, 08:43 PM
No wonder the Council restrict attendance. 3 or 4 times there have been announcements regarding the mandatory wearing of a face mask and still many of the idiots round me in the East stand just ignore it. Ggtrrrrrr

You sound surprised…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greencore
22-07-2021, 08:44 PM
Lol

HibsGW
22-07-2021, 08:46 PM
For sitting still outdoors spread apart all the evidence suggests its not required.

Northernhibee
22-07-2021, 08:48 PM
For sitting still outdoors spread apart all the evidence suggests its not required.

Until the rules change so it's not required we're best putting up with it and letting more of us back in as soon as possible.

HibsGW
22-07-2021, 08:52 PM
Until the rules change so it's not required we're best putting up with it and letting more of us back in as soon as possible.

I agree, the government will only need a tiny reason to slow down football getting back to normal, just explaining why I reckon it happens, it’s not an environment where anyone is going to feel particularly at risk anymore.

Moulin Yarns
22-07-2021, 09:12 PM
I agree, the government will only need a tiny reason to slow down football getting back to normal, just explaining why I reckon it happens, it’s not an environment where anyone is going to feel particularly at risk anymore.

So you won't wear a mask, even if the law currently requires you to wear one. That might explain why there are still restrictions in the number of fans who can attend. 🙄

Stairway 2 7
22-07-2021, 09:17 PM
I would say about 5% wearing masks in the third of the East I could see

DH1875
22-07-2021, 09:19 PM
YES......a good old fashioned mask debate 😎

Scooter
22-07-2021, 09:24 PM
Probably all exempt 👀

jgl07
22-07-2021, 09:24 PM
I have seen no more than a handful wearing masks both against Arsenal and tonight.

Masks are not needed with the distancing and being out of doors.

I wouldn’t bother to attend if I had to wear a mask as my glasses steam up Ian’s I would not be able to see anything.

hibbysam
22-07-2021, 09:27 PM
See that big empty stand behind the goals that was empty for no reason, that’s where our ire should be aimed rather than at some for not wearing a mask. I was sitting one seat away from the next in my row, do I care l? No, has the government/council signed off on a plan lacking in social distancing? Yes.
So if they don’t care why should anyone else.

Hibernianinc
22-07-2021, 09:34 PM
Jeez.

After near on 1&1/2 years of p1sh and folk still don’t get it.

Unless you’re a virologist and have ‘new news’ wear a mask ffs.

Loads round me not bothering. See what that does for our numbers allowed in next round.

JohnM1875
22-07-2021, 09:38 PM
Jeez.

Loads round me not bothering. See what that does for our numbers allowed in next round.

Bet it's more than was allowed in this time.

Hibernianinc
22-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Bet it's more than was allowed in this time.

Bet it’s not as many as rugby get.

Where the crowd wear masks.

jgl07
22-07-2021, 09:49 PM
Jeez.

I bet it will not make an iota of difference to Scottish Government/ Edinburgh Council decision making.

bingo70
22-07-2021, 09:52 PM
If they’re not needed in the royal box at a packed Wimbledon they’re no needed at a limited capacity Easter road.

I wore mine when entering the stadium, going to the toilet and leaving the stadium. I’ll certainly not be making any apologies for that.

Sitting over 2 hours outdoors with a mask on is too long.

Gatecrasher
22-07-2021, 09:55 PM
The mask enforcement was pretty strict in the West where I was sitting, it didn't feel very socially distanced though. I do t know if that's me not being used to crowds after theast 18 months or there was more people around me than I was expecting. There was someone sitting right behind me for example.

GreenCastle
22-07-2021, 09:55 PM
See that big empty stand behind the goals that was empty for no reason, that’s where our ire should be aimed rather than at some for not wearing a mask. I was sitting one seat away from the next in my row, do I care l? No, has the government/council signed off on a plan lacking in social distancing? Yes.
So if they don’t care why should anyone else.

This..

If they really cared about masks and social distancing then open the 2 stands behind each goals.

I felt more safe in fresh air at Easter Road than going to the supermarket / shops / bar.

To be fair most folk I saw wore masks in toilets / concourse etc.

Fans were singing / cheering / shouting and even were encouraged to make some noise over the tannoy!

SChibs
22-07-2021, 09:57 PM
The mask enforcement was pretty strict in the West where I was sitting, it didn't feel very socially distanced though. I do t know if that's me not being used to crowds after theast 18 months or there was more people around me than I was expecting. There was someone sitting right behind me for example.

It may not have felt socially distanced but it was a lot less of a risk than sitting in a pub that has 4 people at every table. Not saying you went to a busy pub, just putting it into perspective. The risk is tiny outside, mask or not.

HibsGW
22-07-2021, 09:59 PM
So you won't wear a mask, even if the law currently requires you to wear one. That might explain why there are still restrictions in the number of fans who can attend. 🙄

Have a day off mate.

hibbysam
22-07-2021, 09:59 PM

Highly unlikely considering our stadium is 1/3 of theirs, however celtic are getting far more than the rugby - better comparison.

BlackSheep
22-07-2021, 10:02 PM
What was annoying me was listening to folk announcing to their mates, “am no wearing a mask” but then putting it on to go to the toilet etc….!!

Just wear a mask at your seat!! It’s not hard!! It’s the least you can do!

The boy in front of me wasn’t wearing a mask and was coughing his lungs out….!

Hibs need to get better stewards in who have the authority to challenge folk!

Hibernianinc
22-07-2021, 10:03 PM
I bet it will not make an iota of difference to Scottish Government/ Edinburgh Council decision making.

Then why hasn’t football been treated the same?

Even had that tw@t Doncaster complaining about it.

Folk can bleat as much as they like about ‘no fair’ or ‘why no?’, but unless you’re a conspiracy theorist where it’s ‘aw lizards’ just follow the rules.

Really isn’t that hard.

Hibernianinc
22-07-2021, 10:05 PM
Highly unlikely considering our stadium is 1/3 of theirs, however celtic are getting far more than the rugby - better comparison.

Nope.

R rate was quite different then, far higher.

Rugby got better numbers at games than football did at that time because……

You fill in the blanks.

BlackSheep
22-07-2021, 10:06 PM

I felt pretty at risk with folk around coughing without masks on!!

One Day
22-07-2021, 10:06 PM
If they’re not needed in the royal box at a packed Wimbledon they’re no needed at a limited capacity Easter road.

I wore mine when entering the stadium, going to the toilet and leaving the stadium. I’ll certainly not be making any apologies for that.

I agree. A bit common sense / consideration is all it takes I wore mine entering and leaving and if anyone had to pass me in my row.

CMurdoch
22-07-2021, 10:08 PM
I have seen no more than a handful wearing masks both against Arsenal and tonight.

Masks are not needed with the distancing and being out of doors.

I wouldn’t bother to attend if I had to wear a mask as my glasses steam up Ian’s I would not be able to see anything.

What does Ian think about that?

GreenCastle
22-07-2021, 10:08 PM
The mask debates will be the new flag debates.

Will last for months maybe longer.

Folk will wear them - folk won’t.

Folk will continue to wear them when they don’t have to and others will stop wearing them.

Better get used to it.

bingo70
22-07-2021, 10:17 PM
What was annoying me was listening to folk announcing to their mates, “am no wearing a mask” but then putting it on to go to the toilet etc….!!

Just wear a mask at your seat!! It’s not hard!! It’s the least you can do!

The boy in front of me wasn’t wearing a mask and was coughing his lungs out….!

Hibs need to get better stewards in who have the authority to challenge folk!

Wearing a mask outdoors for over a couple of hours would be very uncomfortable and is a big ask.

As for you complaint about a boy not wearing a mask, kids under 11 don’t need to and quite rightly so.

If it helps out your mind at ease at all, Jason Leitch has consistently said it doesn’t spread outdoors much at all.

If you felt unsafe by a child coughing outdoors you probably shouldn’t have gone to the game and you probably shouldn’t go to a shop or leave you’re house at all for that matter. There’s never going to be 100% compliance with masks so you’re going to need to learn to live with it at some point.

hibbysam
22-07-2021, 10:18 PM
Nope.

R rate was quite different then, far higher.

Rugby got better numbers at games than football did at that time because……

You fill in the blanks.

It was an international test event - compare the numbers for the Euros and the Lions match, very similar % at pretty much the same time. It certainly wasn’t due to mask wearing as half of them never wore them - or were they sinking their pints through their masks? Your at it.

hibbysam
22-07-2021, 10:20 PM
I felt pretty at risk with folk around coughing without masks on!!

How have you lived for x amount of years? Have you been in the house that whole time? I couldn’t have felt any safer tonight. Precautions taken when congestion was likely (entering and leaving) and when ‘distanced’ in my seat not facing anyone felt totally fine.

H113EE5
22-07-2021, 10:21 PM
Jeez.

:agree:

Onceinawhile
22-07-2021, 10:21 PM
I just don't understand why we can't have fans in the ff and South stand and have an extra 2,000 or so.

Borderhibbie76
22-07-2021, 10:22 PM
Wearing a mask outdoors for over a couple of hours would be very uncomfortable and is a big ask.

As for you complaint about a boy not wearing a mask, kids under 11 don’t need to and quite rightly so.

If it helps out your mind at ease at all, Jason Leitch has consistently said it doesn’t spread outdoors much at all.

If you felt unsafe by a child coughing outdoors you probably shouldn’t have gone to the game and you probably shouldn’t go to a shop or leave you’re house at all for that matter. There’s never going to be 100% compliance with masks so you’re going to need to learn to live with it at some point.

Have to agree with this there is no need to be sitting for with a mask on outdoors in the fresh air...we don't have to do it anywhere else so why at the football?

I wore mine everytime I got up from my seat or if anyone was passing me but there is no need to have to sit with it on for 2 hours outdoors...nonsense

Juniper Greens
22-07-2021, 10:26 PM
At Starks Park the tanoy guy said they were only needed when not in your seat.
Where's the consistency?!

Sir David Gray
22-07-2021, 10:28 PM
I took mine off whilst watching the game but wore it at all other times whilst moving around the stadium.

I don't see the problem with that at all.

I'm comfortable with my decision.

Hibernianinc
It was an international test event - compare the numbers for the Euros and the Lions match, very similar % at pretty much the same time. It certainly wasn’t due to mask wearing as half of them never wore them - or were they sinking their pints through their masks? Your at it.

Again, no.

You seem to think that not following the rules is ok, cause ‘you don’t fancy them’.

Numerous examples including the shambolic CF fiasco where football did not get treated the same.

But you keep ‘sticking it to the man’.

Eyrie
Didn't see many people near me wearing one during the game.

And I had four empty seats either side of me as well as those directly in front and behind, so I was relaxed about not bothering whilst in my seat. Different story if there had only been one empty seat either side.

BlackSheep
How have you lived for x amount of years? Have you been in the house that whole time? I couldn’t have felt any safer tonight. Precautions taken when congestion was likely (entering and leaving) and when ‘distanced’ in my seat not facing anyone felt totally fine.

Good for you.

I’m diabetic so regardless of having had both vaccines, I still have a chance of a bad case of covid.

I’ve lived pretty damn well in my life and I don’t worry about catching a cold, but that’s not what we are tackling is it? It’s a global pandemic that has killed 1000s of people far a wide…!

Why should I or anyone for that matter have to put up with feeling even the slightest bit of concern cos there are so many who can’t follow simple rules?

I don’t know about you but this is the first pandemic I’ve lived through so why would I have been in the house all my life? We are in uncertain times still with this virus and complacency is creeping in with everyone… so yes, when someone within a couple of feet from me, coughs many many times during the evening, not wearing a mask, I will continue to feel uncomfortable!

GreenCastle
22-07-2021, 10:30 PM
Have to agree with this there is no need to be sitting for with a mask on outdoors in the fresh air...we don't have to do it anywhere else so why at the football?

I wore mine everytime I got up from my seat or if anyone was passing me but there is no need to have to sit with it on for 2 hours outdoors...nonsense

I don’t see people wearing them at Portobello beach or sitting in leith links. If folk want to wear them fine - people will keep wearing them even when the government say you don’t have to wear them - England has shown this.

If people feel at risk probably best to avoid crowds like ER or shops etc as things start to open back up. Common sense really. Even the local shops not everyone wears one - but folk may be exempt like the G4S steward sitting at the front of the east stand not wearing one.

If you are really worried about someone coughing on you / near you go for a covid test in the next few days to be safe. They are free and easy to do so. Last thing we need is covid police being on here after every game.

BlackSheep
22-07-2021, 10:31 PM

I said boy but it was an adult, boy was just my expression to say a male adult…. You now how some folk say boy, lad, guy, dude, man, person, etc when referring to one!

Jeez!

.Sean.
22-07-2021, 10:32 PM
They’re horrible to wear. If the vaccines are so amazing why should we all wear masks?

I’m t1 diabetic so in the ‘vulnerable’ category, when I tested positive I feared the worst symptoms even though I’ve had my jags. The first jag btw I was absolutely ****ed, floored, 100 x more unwell than when I had the apparent illness - but over the months I’ve complied and been double jabbed. I’m now double jabbed and I done so with the promise of getting ‘back to normality’ at events like last night we’ve all forsaken for 18 months. I was positive for covid last week and into the beginning of this week, the hottest week on record and I was imprisoned in my flat with symptoms of which I’ve had worse colds - I’d rather chance catching the devastating covid again than wear a mask.

CockneyRebel
22-07-2021, 10:33 PM
If they’re not needed in the royal box at a packed Wimbledon they’re no needed at a limited capacity Easter road.[/B]

I wore mine when entering the stadium, going to the toilet and leaving the stadium. (2) I’ll certainly not be making any apologies for that.

(1) You do realise we are in a different country with different rules (at the moment)?
It's not what you feel is right, it's what the SG say is the current rule. If the restrictions are not eased or are eased slower than you would like then it will be the fault of folk like you who decide to make their own rules. It could lead to longer suffering for all football supporters because of the selfish actions of the few. We all want to get back so don't spoil it for everyone else.

(2) That tells me I'm wasting my time on this post because you are past the point of reason. Obviously you know better than all the professional SG medical advisors who make these recommendations. You just have a personal opinion, which you are perfectly entitled to have, and you may even have a point, but you think that puts you above the law so you don't give a toss. It is the SG who will decide the next steps so don't make it easier for them to continue with low attendance allowances at football stadiums because "supporters" don't behave.

bingo70
22-07-2021, 10:34 PM
Good for you.

I’m diabetic so regardless of having had both vaccines, I still have a chance of a bad case of covid.

I’ve lived pretty damn well in my life and I don’t worry about catching a cold, but that’s not what we are tackling is it? It’s a global pandemic that has killed 1000s of people far a wide…!

Why should I or anyone for that matter have to put up with feeling even the slightest bit of concern cos there are so many who can’t follow simple rules?

I don’t know about you but this is the first pandemic I’ve lived through so why would I have been in the house all my life? We are in uncertain times still with this virus and complacency is creeping in with everyone… so yes, when someone within a couple of feet from me, coughs many many times during the evening, not wearing a mask, I will continue to feel uncomfortable!

Sounds to me like you shouldn’t have gone tonight and you should avoid anywhere that has big groups of people outdoors.

Fwiw you have my sympathy as my wife is diabetic and she’s been extremely anxious, even after getting both her jags.

If you don’t feel safe going somewhere there’s a crowd of people then you shouldn’t go. As someone else says, there’s no requirement to wear them at the beach or at a park so why outdoors at a football match?

hibbysam
22-07-2021, 10:34 PM
Again, no.

You seem to think that not following the rules is ok, cause ‘you don’t fancy them’.

Numerous examples including the shambolic CF fiasco where football did not get treated the same.

But you keep ‘sticking it to the man’.

You’ve went full circle, your saying rugby get more fans than football, even though that’s not true when comparing Euros to Lions. Both same %. As they were special cases as we’ve heard. Nothing to do with masks, and majority in murrayfield never wore masks either.

Glory Lurker
22-07-2021, 10:35 PM
Hibs wanted us to wear masks. I'm happy to wear one anyway, but given it was what the club wanted to happen I did just that.

dp00
22-07-2021, 10:36 PM
Tbh I’m not sure why you need them while wat Hong the game …. What I would say is while a number of folk didn’t wear them watching the game nearly everyone put them on as they went onto the concourse or the toilet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbysam
22-07-2021, 10:37 PM
Good for you.

If I don’t need to wear one sitting down inside in a pub or restaurant then there’s not a chance your telling me outside at the football is higher risk, not a chance. Think about it.

bingo70
22-07-2021, 10:37 PM
(1) You do realise we are in a different country with different rules (at the moment)?
It's not what you feel is right, it's what the SG say is the current rule. If the restrictions are not eased or are eased slower than you would like then it will be the fault of folk like you who decide to make their own rules. It could lead to longer suffering for all football supporters because of the selfish actions of the few. We all want to get back so don't spoil it for everyone else.

(2) That tells me I'm wasting my time on this post because you are past the point of reason. Obviously you know better than all the professional SG medical advisors who make these recommendations. You just have a personal opinion, which you are perfectly entitled to have, and you may even have a point, but you think that puts you above the law so you don't give a toss. It is the SG who will decide the next steps so don't make it easier for them to continue with low attendance allowances at football stadiums because "supporters" don't behave.

Jason leitch has consistently said it doesn’t spread outdoors.

I’ll wear a mask indoors until the cows come home but not outdoors when there’s no requirement to wear it outdoors anywhere else.

But yes, it’s fair to say you’re not going to change my mind on this one.

Hibernianinc
22-07-2021, 10:38 PM
I don’t see people wearing them at Portobello beach or sitting in leith links. If folk want to wear them fine - people will keep wearing them even when the government say you don’t have to wear them - England has shown this.

If people feel at risk probably best to avoid crowds like ER or shops etc as things start to open back up. Common sense really. Even the local shops not everyone wears one - but folk may be exempt like the G4S steward sitting at the front of the east stand not wearing one.

If you are really worried about someone coughing on you / near you go for a covid test in the next few days to be safe. They are free and easy to do so. Last thing we need is covid police being on here after every game.

There are a billion examples of inconsistency.

It’s not about that.

I’ve had COVID, been double vaxed, so have no personal concerns.

However, I can still carry it, and transmit it.

So, rightly or wrongly, if the club say you need to wear a mask in your seat, then do so.

surely if that’s too much for someone, then it’s them who should avoid the game?

BlackSheep
22-07-2021, 10:38 PM
They’re horrible to wear. If the vaccines are so amazing why should we all wear masks?

I’m t1 diabetic so in the ‘vulnerable’ category, when I tested positive I feared the worst symptoms even though I’ve had my jags. The first jag btw I was absolutely ****ed, floored, 100 x more unwell than when I had the apparent illness - but over the months I’ve complied and been double jabbed. I’m now double jabbed and I done so with the promise of getting ‘back to normality’ at events like last night we’ve all forsaken for 18 months. I was positive for covid last week and into the beginning of this week, the hottest week on record and I was imprisoned in my flat with symptoms of which I’ve had worse colds - I’d rather chance catching the devastating covid again than wear a mask.

I’m glad you didn’t have a bad case when you tested positive, that’s good news.

The difficulty in how you’ve formed your opinion worries me as while you had covid and didn’t suffer as badly as you expected, what happens if you catch it again, a different strain and that time is worse?

But you’ll take that risk while also putting others at risk in the process?

hibbysam
22-07-2021, 10:39 PM

If those experts are telling me inside a pub/restaurant/any other confined places is less risk than outside at a football match where you won’t be face to face with anyone then absolutely, I’ll say I know better than them as that’s outrageous.

.Sean.
22-07-2021, 10:40 PM
I’m glad you didn’t have a bad case when you tested positive, that’s good news.

The difficulty in how you’ve formed your opinion worries me as while you had covid and didn’t suffer as badly as you expected, what happens if you catch it again, a different strain and that time is worse?

But you’ll take that risk while also putting others at risk in the process?
What happens if I go out tomorrow and get food poisoning from the chippy? Or if I’m driving home from work and there’s a pile up on the A1? Or if I’m working in a panel and electrocute myself? Or my pal that’s a painter falls off his ladder?

bingo70
22-07-2021, 10:40 PM
If I don’t need to wear one sitting down inside in a pub or restaurant then there’s not a chance your telling me outside at the football is higher risk, not a chance. Think about it.

It’s madness you’re having to even justify that.

I was in the Percy before the game, wore a mask to the toilet adn when entering/leaving the pub but not sat at my table when there were groups either side of me.

The idea that I would then stick on a mask outdoors when not sat next to people is crazy.

I also feel in wearing a mask it’s harder to speak and communicate with people, when one of those people is a kid and the other is a deaf pensioner there’s no way I’d sit the whole time wearing one.

B.H.F.C
22-07-2021, 10:41 PM

Is it law to wear it sitting at an outside venue? Or just a condition of entry that Hibs put in? The latter is what they announced at the game.

Nearly every game I’ve watched on the telly, with fans, hardly anyone has been wearing a mask.

BlackSheep
22-07-2021, 10:41 PM
Jason leitch has consistently said it doesn’t spread outdoors.

I’ll wear a mask indoors until the cows come home but not outdoors when there’s no requirement to wear it outdoors anywhere else.

But yes, it’s fair to say you’re not going to change my mind on this one.

Outdoors and in an enclosed arena, in mostly the same spot for a prolonged period of time, among 100s of other people also in the same spot for that time, are different scenarios entirely.

Jason Leitch saying it doesn’t spread as well outdoors is more likely referring to situations where you are in a wide open space with free flowing air and are not staying out for 2 hours at a time!

JimBHibees
22-07-2021, 10:42 PM
Wore mine didn't think it was that uncomfortable. Surprised so many decided not to wear them.

BlackSheep
22-07-2021, 10:43 PM
What happens if I go out tomorrow and get food poisoning from the chippy? Or if I’m driving home from work and there’s a pile up on the A1? Or if I’m working in a panel and electrocute myself? Or my pal that’s a painter falls off his ladder?

Which of those examples affect anyone but you? Or your painter friend lol.

hibbysam
It’s madness you’re having to even justify that.

I was in the Percy before the game, wore a mask to the toilet adn when entering/leaving the pub but not sat at my table when there were groups either side of me.

The idea that I would then stick on a mask outdoors when not sat next to people is crazy.

I also feel in wearing a mask it’s harder to speak and communicate with people, when one of those people is a kid and the other is a deaf pensioner there’s no way I’d sit the whole time wearing one.

I’m cautious in the main, inside especially, but also able to think for myself and think about what’s being asked and compare situations. Honestly, nobody other than 1 guy had a mask on around me tonight and I couldn’t have felt safer and ‘normal’. Mask on when leaving/entering and toilet breaks.

Hibernianinc
You’ve went full circle, your saying rugby get more fans than football, even though that’s not true when comparing Euros to Lions. Both same %. As they were special cases as we’ve heard. Nothing to do with masks, and majority in murrayfield never wore masks either.

No, I’m talking about Scotland, not the basket case that is England.

There was a massive debate, with petitions to the Scottish government for football to be treated the same as other outdoor events from April/May.

I’m suggesting that the attitude that the average football fan knows better and doesn’t need to follow the rules it at the root of the situation in Spring.

This thread is evidence of exactly that.

I repeat. If the club says wear a mask, wear one.

It is not difficult.

hibbysam
22-07-2021, 10:46 PM
Outdoors and in an enclosed arena, in mostly the same spot for a prolonged period of time, among 100s of other people also in the same spot for that time, are different scenarios entirely.

Jason Leitch saying it doesn’t spread as well outdoors is more likely referring to situations where you are in a wide open space with free flowing air and are not staying out for 2 hours at a time!

Same spot suitably distanced from others as confirmed by council/government. 100’s of others is irrelevant when there’s no one within suitable distance. Same spot likewise.

AugustaHibs
22-07-2021, 10:46 PM
If you’re that concerned then maybe it’s time to take off the daft material masks and get yourself fitted for proper particle-stopping masks that actually protect the wearer.

Aye they might be more expensive but atleast you’ll no have to worry about what anyone else does.

Time to stop focusing on everybody else and focus on things you can do.

If that isn’t an option, maybe wait until there isn’t a single active covid case on the planet. Could be waiting a long time though.

CockneyRebel
22-07-2021, 10:47 PM
Jeez.

This post on it's own is enough to prove the point. Even if you don't agree you must surely realise that taking the piss out of SG restrictions is asking for trouble regarding stadium attendances being increased? Do what is asked and get back quick and safe.

hibbysam
22-07-2021, 10:48 PM

There was a massive debate, with petitions to the Scottish government for football to be treated the same as other outdoor events from April/May.

I’m suggesting that the attitude that the average football fan knows better and doesn’t need to follow the rules it at the root of the situation in Spring.

It is not difficult.

Who’s talking about England? Nobody. You said rugby gets more fans because they wear masks, which is completely untrue. That’s the be all and end all. Rugby (Lions vs Japan) and football (Euros at hampden) had the same % of fans, can you tell me since then where rugby has had more fans than football?

CockneyRebel
22-07-2021, 10:49 PM

It is not difficult.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

hibbysam
22-07-2021, 10:50 PM
This post on it's own is enough to prove the point. Even if you don't agree you must surely realise that taking the piss out of SG restrictions is asking for trouble regarding stadium attendances being increased? Do what is asked and get back quick and safe.

They’re already taking the piss out of us (see those two huge 4000 seater stands laying empty while cramming everyone into two others) just to make a point.

H18 SFR
22-07-2021, 10:53 PM
I am 100% supportive of anyone who didn’t wear a mask tonight when seated - i put my one on when out my seat.

I have rigidly followed the Scot Gov guidance in the main until recently. Just because the Scot Gov say they are mandatory doesn’t mean they are right. I hope they see fans in stadiums across the country refusing to wear them when seated and accept that they don’t have the support of 80-90% of the Scottish population and change their stance accordingly.

The must accept public opinion here, this is a two way street.

GreenCastle
22-07-2021, 10:54 PM
Do I need to wear a mask when drinking my water or having something to eat ?

If anyone has been on a plane recently, it’s the same you are told to wear a mask but they bring food round and the whole plane sit eating with masks off for around 45 minutes ! That’s not including the trolley service or someone eating a pack of Pringles for 30 mins!

It doesn’t make sense. Don’t get me started on folk who wear masks wrong and never clean them.

I expect from August 9th (about 2.5 weeks away) masks won’t be needed at busier football stadiums and various other establishments - possibly asked to wear them on public transport.

davhibby
22-07-2021, 11:24 PM
Do people not realise that it’s Hibs’ own decision about mask wearing at your seat? Very few other clubs have that rule. For instance last week at Raith you were only told to wear your mask when moving around the stadium.

So unless you’re now planning on taking all of your medical advice from a football club I’d stop trying to lecture people for not wearing a mask outside in the open.

Nevi_SOL
22-07-2021, 11:36 PM
I’m sorry if I’m being stupid but if you are maintaining social distancing, what’s the point in wearing a mask. If 2m is deemed a safe distance what’s the need of a mask?

matty_f
22-07-2021, 11:48 PM
Do I need to wear a mask when drinking my water or having something to eat ?

If anyone has been on a plane recently, it’s the same you are told to wear a mask but they bring food round and the whole plane sit eating with masks off for around 45 minutes ! That’s not including the trolley service or someone eating a pack of Pringles for 30 mins!

It doesn’t make sense. Don’t get me started on folk who wear masks wrong and never clean them.

I expect from August 9th (about 2.5 weeks away) masks won’t be needed at busier football stadiums and various other establishments - possibly asked to wear them on public transport.

Of course it makes sense, how can you eat with a mask on?

The principle there is you wear the mask unless it’s impractical to do so (i.e. if you need to eat or drink). That’s the same reason they’re not mandatory at your table in a pub or restaurant, it’s not because it’s safer there or that the virus doesn’t spread, but it’s an accepted risk so people can eat and drink.

hibbysam
22-07-2021, 11:52 PM
Of course it makes sense, how can you eat with a mask on?

The principle there is you wear the mask unless it’s impractical to do so (i.e. if you need to eat or drink). That’s the same reason they’re not mandatory at your table in a pub or restaurant, it’s not because it’s safer there or that the virus doesn’t spread, but it’s an accepted risk so people can eat and drink.

Even in between eating and drinking they’re not mandatory for sitting inside. Therefore in between eating and drinking they shouldn’t be outside. It’s also extremely difficult to hurl abuse at an official and/or opposition team member comfortably with a mask on!

HendoDelivered
23-07-2021, 12:05 AM
Sooner the masks are gone, the better.

23-07-2021, 02:35 AM

I'm surprised someone needs to ask what the benefits of wearing masks are ("if the vaccines are so amazing"). Whilst the vaccines are very effective, they aren't 100% effective so it is still possible to catch Covid-19 and need to be hospitalised, even if vaccinated. You said "when I tested positive I feared the worst symptoms even though I’ve had my jags" so you are obviously aware it can still be caught after being vaccinated and I imagine the reason your symptoms were so minor were because of the effectiveness of the vaccine so you should consider yourself lucky. You come across as quite unappreciative of the vaccines when it may well have saved your life from a highly contagious killer virus and quite frankly your post to me is bizarre. You said you felt 100 times worse after the vaccine than when you had the "apparent" illness. Chances are if you hadn't had the vaccine you'd have felt a heck of a lot worse with the virus and wouldn't now be so dismissive and describing it as an "apparent illness".

Okay so you have been vaccinated and only had minor effects of the virus however not everyone has been vaccinated, under 18s for example are not eligible, and that is one of the reasons for wearing a mask, to stop it from spreading to others who might not be as fortunate as you if they catch it. Chances are in a crowd of 4700 there would have been people with the virus who are asymptomatic and it really isn't that big an ask, if it potentially helps prevent the spread of the virus, even if the transmission outdoors is low risk. Are they really that horrible to wear? Maybe if more people had worn masks when they were meant to then the spead of the virus would have been less, fewer people would have been imprisoned in their flats and the return some sort of normality wouldn't have taken as long.

Your sarcastic description of "the devastating covid" is an insult to those who have been devastated by it.

I daresay that whatever I or anyone says won't make a difference, you and anyone with the same attitude have already made their mind up on whether or not they're going to wear a mask when asked by the club to.

BlackSheep
23-07-2021, 04:43 AM
Even in between eating and drinking they’re not mandatory for sitting inside. Therefore in between eating and drinking they shouldn’t be outside. It’s also extremely difficult to hurl abuse at an official and/or opposition team member comfortably with a mask on!

Actually I think you will find they are mandatory when not eating or drinking in an indoor setting.

Sir David Gray
23-07-2021, 06:24 AM
Actually I think you will find they are mandatory when not eating or drinking in an indoor setting.

They're not mandatory in an indoor hospitality setting whilst you are sitting at your table, even if you aren't eating or drinking.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tourism-and-hospitality-sector-guidance/pages/frequently-asked-questions-faqs/

EI255
23-07-2021, 06:31 AM
Can't believe people going ape about not wearing a bloomin mask!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Jay
23-07-2021, 06:32 AM
I’m sorry if I’m being stupid but if you are maintaining social distancing, what’s the point in wearing a mask. If 2m is deemed a safe distance what’s the need of a mask?

We werent 2m apart. I wore my mask as much as I could. I struggled with the heat.. I had thought we were allowed to take it off when sitting down but after we were asked to wear it I did what I could.

oconnors_strip
23-07-2021, 06:41 AM

We weren’t 2m apart thought, there was someone sitting in one seat to the right just in front of me and the same to my dads left, they certainly were not 1m!

I wore my mask for the whole game, only moved it slightly when drinking my water then put it straight back on fully. I work in a gp surgery and can’t risk getting Covid as we have staff off with it and also on annual leave.

Since90+2
23-07-2021, 06:52 AM

I'll think you'll find you're incorrect.

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 07:29 AM
We werent 2m apart. I wore my mask as much as I could. I struggled with the heat.. I had thought we were allowed to take it off when sitting down but after we were asked to wear it I did what I could.

The council and government signed off on the seating plan though and the risk assessment therefore they deemed it a safe distance.

TrinityHibs
23-07-2021, 07:54 AM
The council and government signed off on the seating plan though and the risk assessment therefore they deemed it a safe distance.

Did they assess with or without wearing masks?

hibby rae
23-07-2021, 07:58 AM
Surely, in this context, the only thing that matters is wearing a mask at all times is part of Hibs' T&Cs for entry to the match.

You've entered into a contract with Hibs, and that includes wearing a mask at all times, when purchasing a ticket.

Anything else is irrelevant.

If you don't want to wear one for that length of time (an hour at most as you can step outside at HT), then don't go to the game.

Jay
23-07-2021, 07:59 AM

I'm not complaining. Was just pointing out we werent 2m apart. I'd assume it was signed off with us wearing masks? Otherwise we would have been far more spaced out.

Since90+2
23-07-2021, 08:02 AM
Surely, in this context, the only thing that matters is wearing a mask at all times is part of Hibs' T&Cs for entry to the match.

You've entered into a contract with Hibs, and that includes wearing a mask at all times, when purchasing a ticket.

If you don't want to wear one for that length of time (an hour at most as you can step outside at HT), then don't go to the game.

It also says on the conditions of entry that you must not enter the stadium under the influence of alcohol. If anything else is irrelevant I'm guessing you've never done that?

BlackSheep
23-07-2021, 08:02 AM
They're not mandatory in an indoor hospitality setting whilst you are sitting at your table, even if you aren't eating or drinking.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tourism-and-hospitality-sector-guidance/pages/frequently-asked-questions-faqs/

Fair enough.

Hibernian Verse
23-07-2021, 08:05 AM
It also says on the conditions of entry that you must not enter the stadium under the influence of alcohol. If anything else is irrelevant I'm guessing you've never done that?

:top marks

CockneyRebel
23-07-2021, 08:10 AM

:aok:

HibsGW
23-07-2021, 08:11 AM

And that’ll be that then I suppose 🤣

GreenCastle
23-07-2021, 08:21 AM

Where does it say this in terms and conditions? Just had a quick glance and didn’t see anything.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/our-club/policies/terms-of-use-1

It does mention entering under influence of alcohol.
Also mentions no foul and abusive language.
Plus no standing in seating areas.

hibby rae
23-07-2021, 08:21 AM

Actually saw someone get turfed out before the match for being too drunk, so Hibs exercised their right to enfore that T&C, so I'd say my point stands.

hibby rae
23-07-2021, 08:22 AM
Where does it say this in terms and conditions? Just had a quick glance and didn’t see anything.

It was said over the tannoy several times during the match. And I've defo seen Hibs explicitly state that for the last couple games.

Since90+2
23-07-2021, 08:24 AM

So if the only thing that matters is the terms and condition any fan who enters under the influence or swears should be removed.

Good luck with that at a derby. You'd be emptying about 5000 fans, stewards are going to be busy.

Since90+2
23-07-2021, 08:25 AM
Actually saw someone get turfed out before the match for being too drunk, so Hibs exercised their right to enfore that T&C, so I'd say my point stands.

So you've never been under the influence or swore at a game previously?

H113EE5
23-07-2021, 08:27 AM
I am 100% supportive of anyone who didn’t wear a mask tonight when seated - i put my one on when out my seat.

I have rigidly followed the Scot Gov guidance in the main until recently. Just because the Scot Gov say they are mandatory doesn’t mean they are right. I hope they see fans in stadiums across the country refusing to wear them when seated and accept that they don’t have the support of 80-90% of the Scottish population and change their stance accordingly.

The must accept public opinion here, this is a two way street.

What! Just obey the mandatory tasks that suits you. His can you rigidly follow the guidance but then say ‘in the main’. Don’t be selfish at the football, think of others who may not as healthy.

And the wearing of masks is in the Spectator’s Code of Conduct which we all signed up to when we bought a ticket.

CockneyRebel
23-07-2021, 08:27 AM

Have you ever got intoxicated by being near to someone who is drunk? You can't "catch" or spread drunkenness - it's not a virus.

Since90+2
23-07-2021, 08:28 AM
Have you ever got intoxicated by being near to someone who is drunk? You can't "catch" or spread drunkenness - it's not a virus.

That's not the point the poster is making. His point is the only thing that matters is the terms and conditions, under which being drunk or swearing are not permitted.

hibby rae
23-07-2021, 08:31 AM
So you've never been under the influence or swore at a game previously?

Define 'under the influence'. I'd say that is different from person to person, and the language is kept open to interpretation to allow a case by case decision to be made id. If they are too drunk, then they can be removed. It's less black and white.

But what is black and white is Hibs have said you wear a mask at all times, no exceptions. And whataboutism doesn't change that.

HibsGW
23-07-2021, 08:36 AM
Define 'under the influence'. I'd say that is different from person to person, and the language is kept open to interpretation to allow a case by case decision to be made id. If they are too drunk, then they can be removed. It's less black and white.

But what is black and white is Hibs have said you wear a mask at all times, no exceptions. And whataboutism doesn't change that.

They’ve also said you don’t swear at any time or enter the stadium under the influence of alcohol at any time.

bingo70
23-07-2021, 08:37 AM
End of the day, for all the teeth gnashing and moaning on here, it’s not going to change before the next home game. The people who felt in danger at the game last night will just need to decide if they want to take the risk for the next game.

Rightly or wrongly, Nobodies mind is going to be changed, at least certainly not in big numbers. If you genuinely felt unsafe sitting in an outdoor environment socially distant from people I don’t think you’re ready for a return to normal life yet.

howdenthehibby
23-07-2021, 08:40 AM
Did they assess with or without wearing masks?
Covid is one smart virus,it can't infect you sitting down in a crowded venue not wearing a mask while opening your gob to eat and have a full on conversation, but get up and go for a piss without a mask and there's all hell to pay:wink:Make catheters mandatory I say.

MWHIBBIES
23-07-2021, 08:48 AM
Even after all that's happened, folk still laughing at others for taking covid advice seriously. Pretty poor imo. Do what you like mask wise but don't pretend it's not selfish to ignore Hibs rules.

I'll admit to taking it off to cool down a bit, but tried my best to have it on. I certainly wasn't 2 meters away from other fans, as there was 2 guys sitting in front of me.

hibbyfraelibby
23-07-2021, 08:59 AM
Covid is one smart virus,it can't infect you sitting down in a crowded venue not wearing a mask while opening your gob to eat and have a full on conversation, but get up and go for a piss without a mask and there's all hell to pay:wink:Make catheters mandatory I say.

I take it you haven't seen the updated Fans Code of Coduct published this morning? Now you know what the clear plastic bag rule is about😉

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 09:03 AM
Even after all that's happened, folk still laughing at others for taking covid advice seriously. Pretty poor imo. Do what you like mask wise but don't pretend it's not selfish to ignore Hibs rules.

I'll admit to taking it off to cool down a bit, but tried my best to have it on. I certainly wasn't 2 meters away from other fans, as there was 2 guys sitting in front of me.

Nobody is laughing at anyone taking advice seriously, just like you shouldn’t laugh at someone for having their own thoughts and ideas on it and then ask where the consistency is - comparing situations and advice. The guys sitting in front of you presumably weren’t facing you.

FilipinoHibs
23-07-2021, 09:05 AM

People who drunk generally speak more and louder. If they are infected they produce more droplets and infect more people. Why booze banned on a lot of flights now.

hibby rae
23-07-2021, 09:08 AM
They’ve also said you don’t swear at any time or enter the stadium under the influence of alcohol at any time.

They said foul language, not swearing. Again, what one person deems to be foul language another might not. I've met people who would have thought 'crap' was foul language. Stephen Fry says there is no such thing as bad language, just bad use of it. So that is open to interpretation.

Same with under the influence. I don't know what Hibs define that as and would say it's used on a case by case basis when people have clearly had too much to drink.

You can be prosecuted for DUI, and we know how the police defines that. But even they have altered their definition over the years as the limits have been changed.

There's no wiggle room or different way to interpret 'wear a mask at all times when in the stadium, including when seated.'

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 09:38 AM

Yes, it was signed off because everyone was told that they had to wear a mask. 😷

Gregor
23-07-2021, 09:47 AM

The mask is NOT to protect you. That's never been the case.

Masks will not stop you from contracting the airborne virus. What it will do is limit the chances of you passing the virus onto others, if you have it (either asymptomaticly, or if you're knowingly hiding symptoms).

Washing your hands regularly, not touching your face, avoiding people who have it - or the very least asking them to wear a mask, is still the best way to avoid contracting it.

And don't assume that since you've been double-jabbed you are invincible. All it does is increase your immunity against the virus and it's many variations, and as such your body's ability to combat it. You can still catch it, but in all likelihood, it won't hospitalise you. Either you'll experience no symptoms, or you'll get the sniffles, or you'll feel **** for few days. And it you catch it - you can pass it on. But what won't happen is you won't end up on a ventilator, and if are fortunate enough to recover, the damage done to your body will significantly affect the quality of life for both yourself and those closest to you.

In addition, folk with conditions, such as asthma, long-term illness (or recovering from), the unfit / obese, smokers, heavy drinkers, diabetics etc are still at significantly more risk simply due to their conditions ; again - the vaccination will reduce that risk, but it won't alleviate it. This is no different to day to day for these people who have had to be extremely conscious since pre-covid times ; but it's inconceivable the risk increase due to covid for this section of society in these times.

BlackSheep
23-07-2021, 09:48 AM
As others have said, at this point hardly anyone is going to change their views on mask wearing, but saying people who are uncomfortable being amongst people who don’t care about the greater good and are willing to take the risk themselves, should stay at home is out of order.

It’s the universal reason why certain things will never improve due to the lowest common denominator remaining prominent.

marinello59
23-07-2021, 09:49 AM

True. I tried that excuse once, it didn't work.

Since90+2
23-07-2021, 09:56 AM
As others have said, at this point hardly anyone is going to change their views on mask wearing, but saying people who are uncomfortable being amongst people who don’t care about the greater good and are willing to take the risk themselves, should stay at home is out of order.

It’s the universal reason why certain things will never improve due to the lowest common denominator remaining prominent.

I'm afraid, as harsh as it may sound, it is just the reality of the situation. If people are expecting to turn up at Easter Road this season and see everyone wearing a mask they are going to be sadly disappointed.

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 10:27 AM
Yes, it was signed off because everyone was told that they had to wear a mask. 😷

You know that for a fact?

Diclonius
23-07-2021, 10:32 AM
I have a BMI of >40 (working on it!) and, part thanks to the pandemic closing leisure centres and part getting into bad habits, don't exercise an awful lot. Yesterday after climbing three sets of stairs and to the top of the West Upper I was breathing out my arse.

I still managed to wear my mask all game. It's not hard, and unless you have a valid reason not to wear one, it's just plain selfish not to bother.

The mask Hibs sell from the club shop appears designed to help with breathing outside (at least from my experience wearing it yesterday and at the Arsenal game), and I would definitely recommend it if you can get one.

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 10:34 AM
Copied from a friend.

I have been wearing a mask since we were first asked to do so and I will continue to do so when I feel it is necessary and until I feel it is ok to stop (based on the scientific evidence). I’m not sure why being considerate to others for the common good is now being mocked by some who are calling it “living in fear”, but it needs to stop!!!... When I wear a mask over my nose and mouth in public and in the stores/supermarkets/pharmacies etc - I want you to know the following:
🟣 I'm educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus.
🟣 I don't "live in fear" of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution, not the problem.
🟣 I don't feel like the "government controls me". I feel like I'm an adult contributing to the security in our society and I want to teach others the same.
🟣 If we could all live with the consideration of others in mind, the whole world would be a much better place.
🟣 Wearing a mask doesn't make me weak, scared, stupid or "controlled". It makes me caring and responsible.
🟣 When you think about your appearance, discomfort, or other people's opinion of you, imagine a loved one - a child, father, mother, grandparent, aunt, uncle or even a stranger - placed on a ventilator, alone without you or any family member allowed at their bedside.....Ask yourself if you could have helped them a little by wearing a mask.
Copied from a friend, please feel free to do the same 😷 xx

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 10:40 AM
Copied from a friend.

I have been wearing a mask since we were first asked to do so and I will continue to do so when I feel it is necessary and until I feel it is ok to stop (based on the scientific evidence). I’m not sure why being considerate to others for the common good is now being mocked by some who are calling it “living in fear”, but it needs to stop!!!... When I wear a mask over my nose and mouth in public and in the stores/supermarkets/pharmacies etc - I want you to know the following:
🟣 I'm educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus.
🟣 I don't "live in fear" of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution, not the problem.
🟣 I don't feel like the "government controls me". I feel like I'm an adult contributing to the security in our society and I want to teach others the same.
🟣 If we could all live with the consideration of others in mind, the whole world would be a much better place.
🟣 Wearing a mask doesn't make me weak, scared, stupid or "controlled". It makes me caring and responsible.
🟣 When you think about your appearance, discomfort, or other people's opinion of you, imagine a loved one - a child, father, mother, grandparent, aunt, uncle or even a stranger - placed on a ventilator, alone without you or any family member allowed at their bedside.....Ask yourself if you could have helped them a little by wearing a mask.
Copied from a friend, please feel free to do the same 😷 xx

Fantastic for your friend, doesn’t change the fact that the advice from outdoor football completely contradicts that of much worse settings such as pubs and restaurants - therefore I’ll continue to use my own judgement of when is dangerous and not.

jeffers
23-07-2021, 10:48 AM
Fantastic for your friend, doesn’t change the fact that the advice from outdoor football completely contradicts that of much worse settings such as pubs and restaurants - therefore I’ll continue to use my own judgement of when is dangerous and not.

As has been pointed out wearing a mask isn’t about protecting you, it’s about protecting others.

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 10:59 AM
As has been pointed out wearing a mask isn’t about protecting you, it’s about protecting others.

But, but but, I can make my own mind up 🙄

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 11:05 AM

I never said it was? I said I can make my own conclusions based on the advice being given for other, far worse settings. The same people telling you that you must wear a mask at all times in a football ground are telling you it’s safe not to in a boozer or restaurant and you are happy to listen to that and not question it and draw your own conclusions.

jeffers
23-07-2021, 11:06 AM
But, but but, I can make my own mind up 🙄

A common theme has been how fans are missing attending games in person, we are now being allowed to do so, is wearing a mask such a hardship ? Yes I find them a bit uncomfortable at times and worse so in this heat, but it seems a small sacrifice to make. Nor should people in at risk categories feel they can’t attend attend because some of their fellow fans want to use their own judgement about wearing a mask.

Unfortunately this pandemic has demonstrated that a sizeable element of the population are selfish ********s.

MWHIBBIES
23-07-2021, 11:10 AM
Nobody is laughing at anyone taking advice seriously, just like you shouldn’t laugh at someone for having their own thoughts and ideas on it and then ask where the consistency is - comparing situations and advice. The guys sitting in front of you presumably weren’t facing you.

It's pretty hard not to laugh at people thinking they know better than Government and science advice. Ultimately, masks help prevent the spread, so should be worn whenever possible when in consistent close proximity to others.

Yes, but I was breathing towards them. Surely not spreading germs is just as important as not getting them yourself?

tamig
23-07-2021, 11:14 AM
Can't believe people going ape about not wearing a bloomin mask!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Because folk were ignoring a request from the club to do something that was part of the agreement we had for letting folk into the game. aka ripping the pish. No need.

JohnM1875
23-07-2021, 11:14 AM
I don't think it's about being selfish either.

I think it's about folk genuinely not believing the advice of 'you have to wear a mask when seated' as having any weight to it. If that was the case why would you not have to at Stark's Park or Tynecastle, where the advice is to wear a mask when getting in, moving around and leaving the stadium. Is the virus less transmissible at these stadiums?

I genuinely wear a mask at all other recommended times. Public transport, supermarkets, entering and leaving a bar etc. Because these are advised across the board for all of these types of venues. Not so when it comes to football grounds.

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 11:15 AM
It's pretty hard not to laugh at people thinking they know better than Government and science advice. Ultimately, masks help prevent the spread, so should be worn whenever possible when in consistent close proximity to others.

Yes, but I was breathing towards them. Surely not spreading germs is just as important as not getting them yourself?

Have you been to a boozer or restaurant since their return? Do you wear a mask when sat down? Remember you are inside (not outside) and in close proximity to others.

Football is outdoors and Mr Leitch has advised us the risk is very low outside. I’m listening to him.

TelaStella
23-07-2021, 11:16 AM

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffers
23-07-2021, 11:17 AM
I never said it was? I said I can make my own conclusions based on the advice being given for other, far worse settings. The same people telling you that you must wear a mask at all times in a football ground are telling you it’s safe not to in a boozer or restaurant and you are happy to listen to that and not question it and draw your own conclusions.

That’s the part of your thinking I don’t get. You agree wearing a mask isn’t about your own protection but you are willing to take the risk, however small it may be, that you could be spreading the disease to someone else ? By all means if you want to put yourself at risk, but why use your own judgement about the risk to others ? As I said earlier I’m not mad on wearing a mask, especially in this heat, but it’s hardly a major hardship.

tamig
23-07-2021, 11:18 AM

You're looking at the wrong thing. From Spectator Code of Conduct -

During the game…
• Remain in your allocated seat (standing is strictly prohibited)
• Always wear your face covering properly covering both your nose and mouth. (Unless you
are exempt in line with Government Guidance).

Pretty clear.

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2021, 11:24 AM
What I don’t understand is why my son was told by a steward as he passed through the gate near the ticket office to put a mask on!

Sir David Gray
23-07-2021, 11:28 AM
What I don’t understand is why my son was told by a steward as he passed through the gate near the ticket office to put a mask on!

On what grounds?

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2021, 11:30 AM
On what grounds?

I wasn’t with him, but told me the steward stopped him at gate, asked to see his ticket and then asked him to put a mask on. This was outside so no grounds for it at all.

tamig
23-07-2021, 11:31 AM
Have you been to a boozer or restaurant since their return? Do you wear a mask when sat down? Remember you are inside (not outside) and in close proximity to others.

Football is outdoors and Mr Leitch has advised us the risk is very low outside. I’m listening to him.

If you're in ER you need to abide by the rules set by Hibs. Not pick and choose the ones you fancy. Some of your nonsense on this thread is very poor.

BoomtownHibees
23-07-2021, 11:31 AM
I wasn’t with him, but told me the steward stopped him at gate, asked to see his ticket and then asked him to put a mask on. This was outside so no grounds for it at all.

We were the same at the same gate as well, stewards checking tickets telling everyone to put masks on

MWHIBBIES
23-07-2021, 11:34 AM

I've abided by the rules set out in each pub or restaurant. Same as I did at Easter Road.

Sir David Gray
23-07-2021, 11:36 AM

Bizarre.

If he was on his way in at the time the only thing I can think of is that Hibs have made it mandatory to wear a mask within all areas of the stadium, including its surroundings (within their land at least).

If he was on his way out then the steward's got no right to tell anyone to wear a mask in a public place.

bingo70
23-07-2021, 11:38 AM

I was beside a young guy late teens, early 20’s maybe? Who was bemused by that request and it may have been your son, I’m not sure? I got the impression there was a bit of a misunderstanding.

The guy was being asked to put the mask on as he was going through the initial ticket check bit beside the ticket office and before you went behind the main stand, the steward was saying he wouldn’t be allowed inside the ground if he wasn’t wearing one. Guy was questioning why he would have to wear a mask and the steward was just making the point it’s the rules now.

Think the stewards were just wanting people wearing the masks while entering the stadium and not waiting until we were in.

tamig
23-07-2021, 12:10 PM
Bizarre.

If he was on his way in at the time the only thing I can think of is that Hibs have made it mandatory to wear a mask within all areas of the stadium, including its surroundings (within their land at least).

If he was on his way out then the steward's got no right to tell anyone to wear a mask in a public place.

I think folk are being a bit picky here. The guy was probably just asking for folk to be prepared for approaching the turnstiles. No bizarreness or anything about it. What a palaver about nothing. Just my opinion obviously.

hibby rae
23-07-2021, 12:13 PM

I'm guessing once you pass the barrier they must currently count that as in the stadium.

Keith_M
23-07-2021, 12:19 PM
I thought the Rangers actually have a legitimate complaint about playing a match on the same day as Celtic but only being allowed half the attendance.

The response they got sounded totally jobsworth and absolute nonsense.

lyonhibs
23-07-2021, 12:24 PM

Is Easter Road hermetically sealed these days? There'll be plenty enough fresh air moving around the stadium for people to reasonably expect behaviour in your seat at the football to be the same as the allowed behaviour when sitting down at an actually indoors pub table. Masks on when moving about/going to the lavvy, off when at seat. Why anyone thinks the SG track "% of masks worn at seat" club by club when deciding what attendance % to allow is beyond me.

tamig
23-07-2021, 12:30 PM
I thought the Rangers actually have a legitimate complaint about playing a match on the same day as Celtic but only being allowed half the attendance.

The response they got sounded totally jobsworth and absolute nonsense.

Did you mean to add a link to this? Not being lazy, it's just the norm for such a scenario.

Bristolhibby
23-07-2021, 12:30 PM
What are we all going to be like with a full house at the home game v Livvy on the 28th August?

J

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 12:37 PM
I've abided by the rules set out in each pub or restaurant. Same as I did at Easter Road.

So it’s nothing to do with science then, you just blindly follow? As if you were really bothered about being in close proximity you’d wear a mask inside at pubs also.

JXM73
The club said wear i a mask, so i did. Club said no shouting, the ref made me shout... a lot in block 2 didn't wear masks and shouted.. was i scared, naw, did i feel in danger naw... each make their own choices.

What we dont need is entitled bawbags who think they know better and shout "I'm no wearing a mask because I'm an entitled bawbag..." be the same ***** moaning when our numbers are restricted in the next round...

I don't think it's about being selfish either.

I think it's about folk genuinely not believing the advice of 'you have to wear a mask when seated' as having any weight to it. If that was the case why would you not have to at Stark's Park or Tynecastle, where the advice is to wear a mask when getting in, moving around and leaving the stadium. Is the virus less transmissible at these stadiums?

I genuinely wear a mask at all other recommended times. Public transport, supermarkets, entering and leaving a bar etc. Because these are advised across the board for all of these types of venues. Not so when it comes to football grounds.

And Edinburgh Council deemed that after reviewing Hearts' proposal they are only permitted about 3k fans in tomorrow. Perhaps that is why they aren't allowed as many as we were last night. Maybe the virus will be less transmissible at Tynecastle, largely because of the smaller crowd in a stadium with nearly the same capacity.

Whether or not people are being selfish is besides the point, Hibs have stipulated these are the rules we've to abide by. If those not agreeing are that certain they are right, perhaps they can email Hibs to say they don't want to wear a mask and if it means the capacity will need to be reduced because of it, then they can forfeit a seat until the council lets everyone in without masks whilst seated.

JohnM1875
23-07-2021, 12:42 PM
And Edinburgh Council deemed that after reviewing Hearts' proposal they are only permitted about 3k fans in tomorrow. Perhaps that is why they aren't allowed as many as we were last night. Maybe the virus will be less transmissible at Tynecastle, largely because of the smaller crowd in a stadium with nearly the same capacity.

Whether or not people are being selfish is besides the point, Hibs have stipulated these are the rules we've to abide by. If those not agreeing are that certain they are right, perhaps they can email Hibs to say they don't want to wear a mask and if it means the capacity will need to be reduced because of it, then they can forfeit a seat until the council lets everyone in without masks whilst seated.

Don't think that would be the case for the numbers at Tynecastle. If it were they would, I'm sure, have amended their application to ask all fans to wear masks when seated.

I think if the club were that bothered about it they would make sure the stewards enforced it. Not a single person around me who wasn't wearing a mask was told to do so by a steward. Also told not to shout etc yet the stadium announcer is asking fans to roar the team out?

davhibby

That’s because there’s no 2 meter rule anymore. 1 is the current distancing rule in Scotland

H113EE5
How selfish or just plain ignorant are some of the posters and attendees last night. There’s no debate. The club indicated that masks must be worn unless exempt. I’m certainly not a fan of the Scottish Government but they set the rules and the club have to follow. It would serve us right that thanks to the Covid deniers the crowd is again limited. FFS. Want to attend a game….. WEAR A MASK until the rules change.

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 12:44 PM
How selfish or just plain ignorant are some of the posters and attendees last night. There’s no debate. The club indicated that masks must be worn unless exempt. I’m certainly not a fan of the Scottish Government but they set the rules and the club have to follow. It would serve us right that thanks to the Covid deniers the crowd is again limited. FFS. Want to attend a game….. WEAR A MASK until the rules change.

So do the SG set different rules for different clubs? That would be even more mental. Interesting! And you still do as your told at that. Or are Raith just trying to null and void their safety certificate? That would be risky.

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2021, 12:45 PM
I think folk are being a bit picky here. The guy was probably just asking for folk to be prepared for approaching the turnstiles. No bizarreness or anything about it. What a palaver about nothing. Just my opinion obviously.

No palaver just posted what happened, and for the record my son put his mask on as requested by the steward and then removed it again once he was past him. He put his mask in again prior to entering the stadium and kept it on for the whole game.

MWHIBBIES
23-07-2021, 12:47 PM
So it’s nothing to do with science then, you just blindly follow? As if you were really bothered about being in close proximity you’d wear a mask inside at pubs also.

Do you not think there guidelines are based on science? And you know, common sense?

I don't wear a mask when I'm drinking bevvy. I do at the bar/toilets etc.

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2021, 12:49 PM
I was beside a young guy late teens, early 20’s maybe? Who was bemused by that request and it may have been your son, I’m not sure? I got the impression there was a bit of a misunderstanding.

The guy was being asked to put the mask on as he was going through the initial ticket check bit beside the ticket office and before you went behind the main stand, the steward was saying he wouldn’t be allowed inside the ground if he wasn’t wearing one. Guy was questioning why he would have to wear a mask and the steward was just making the point it’s the rules now.

Think the stewards were just wanting people wearing the masks while entering the stadium and not waiting until we were in.

Probably not my son who is 27. He complied anyway so no real drama, just thought it odd.

davhibby
23-07-2021, 12:50 PM
Do you not think there guidelines are based on science? And you know, common sense?

The point that’s being made though is that there was no requirement to wear a mask whilst seated at Raith last week. So are clubs being told different guidance by the government?

tamig
23-07-2021, 12:52 PM
No palaver just posted what happened, and for the record my son put his mask on as requested by the steward and then removed it again once he was past him. He put his mask in again prior to entering the stadium and kept it on for the whole game.

You posted some news and my response was more around the reactions to it. It just seems like there are a few on here who, if they don't like a rule, will just ignore it. Bad patter in my eyes but one thing this pandemic has brought to light is the sheer selfishness of some individuals in our society. It's not for me. We should all be doing our bit, even if its not something we necessarily agree with.

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2021, 12:53 PM
You posted some news and my response was more around the reactions to it. It just seems like there are a few on here who, if they don't like a rule, will just ignore it. Bad patter in my eyes but one thing this pandemic has brought to light is the sheer selfishness of some individuals in our society. It's not for me. We should all be doing our bit, even if its not something we necessarily agree with.

👍

tamig
23-07-2021, 12:55 PM
The point that’s being made though is that there was no requirement to wear a mask whilst seated at Raith last week. So are clubs being told different guidance by the government?

Each club have rules they apply within their own grounds. They can differ.

You might come to my house and you won't be allowed in with your shoes on(*). My neighbour might not bother with that rule in his house.

* for illustration purposes only.

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2021, 12:57 PM
Each club have rules they apply within their own grounds. They can differ.

You might come to my house and you won't be allowed in with your shoes on. My neighbour might not bother with that rule in his house.

😂 Completely off topic but once turned up at a house in Sussex to instal a full size snooker table and the owner asked us to remove our shoes! Was told politely, no shoes, no table!

hibby rae
23-07-2021, 12:58 PM

My guess is it is Hibs who are trying to show the relevant authorities they have done everything possible so when they apply for X amount of spectators that is fully granted, unlike only getting a portion of the request like they have. Hence the wear a mask at all times requirement by the club.

If everyone did it, they'd be helping Hibs out, but some folk on here sound like giant children not wanting to be told what to do (not saying you are one of those people!).

tamig
23-07-2021, 01:01 PM
😂 Completely off topic but once turned up at a house in Sussex to instal a full size snooker table and the owner asked us to remove our shoes! Was told politely, no shoes, no table!

:greengrin - I did edit my previous post - just for clarity!

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 01:18 PM

No, I can sit inside in a bar, sweaty, steaming people, very little fresh air, and plenty face to face contact without wearing a mask.

I can’t sit outside, cool, no steaming people, plenty fresh air, little, if any face to face contact and if any is for very short time without wearing a mask.

Science you say? Someone needs to explain it then.

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 01:44 PM
So do the SG set different rules for different clubs? That would be even more mental. Interesting! And you still do as your told at that. Or are Raith just trying to null and void their safety certificate? That would be risky.

Could it be possible that different local authorities are interpreting the rules slightly differently and fife is a bit more lax? I don't know what the answers are, but, if I have been told by anyone in authority that a mask must be worn in a certain situation, then a mask I will wear.

Bristolhibby
23-07-2021, 01:47 PM

I can only go on the two live games I’ve been at. Both the Scotland games at Hampden. Mask on to activate tickets, off to get some photos, back on when going through the turnstile, on while I went to the loo then remained on until I got to my seat.

Then took it off and shoved it in my sporran.

Put it back on when going for a pee at half time and when I left the stadium. Off outside the stadium, back on on the bus.

J

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 01:48 PM

I think the fact that the safety certificate is issued by the local authority then it is not up to the Scottish Government. It may be that the local authority in Fife has interpreted the rules differently?

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 01:51 PM
I think the fact that the safety certificate is issued by the local authority then it is not up to the Scottish Government. It may be that the local authority in Fife has interpreted the rules differently?

If the national government has the rule ‘masks must be worn’ then there is no way for a local authority to misinterpret that.

Bristolhibby
23-07-2021, 01:52 PM
If the national government has the rule ‘masks must be worn’ then there is no way for a local authority to misinterpret that.

See my post regarding Hampden.

J

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 02:00 PM

Maybe it isn't as clear cut as that though. I doubt anyone will know chapter and verse of what is law and what is advice now.

The fact that Raith did not ask for people to wear masks in the seat while hibs did ask people to wear masks even when seated probably means there is room for interpretation. If you want to go to a match then you should be aware of the rules in place, and if you don't want to comply then you can choose not to go.

As has been mentioned, the stewards appear to have turned a blind eye to those not wearing masks, but another day they might just be a bit stricter, same with bad language or intoxication, sometimes they will ignore it, other times they will eject you from the stadium. A risk each individual takes if they ignore the terms of conduct.

Sir David Gray
23-07-2021, 02:00 PM
End of the day, for all the teeth gnashing and moaning on here, it’s not going to change before the next home game. The people who felt in danger at the game last night will just need to decide if they want to take the risk for the next game.

Rightly or wrongly, Nobodies mind is going to be changed, at least certainly not in big numbers. If you genuinely felt unsafe sitting in an outdoor environment socially distant from people I don’t think you’re ready for a return to normal life yet.

I say this as someone who agrees with you and who took off their mask whilst watching the match so go easy on me!

Let me say first that I don't agree that they should be mandatory in an outdoor setting and I take great exception to anyone calling me selfish.

I consider being at Easter Road last night just like being at Blair Drummond Safari Park which I visited last weekend - very busy place and largely outdoors, masks were only mandatory in any indoor exhibits that they had which I had absolutely no problem complying with.

That being said Hibs are entitled to enforce any rules that they like on people who wish to enter their stadium and masks were compulsory last night from the moment you entered to the moment you left.

I consider myself to be a sensible and considerate person and the fact that I wasn't within at least 6 feet of any other person during the match (except the person I attended the game with) meant that I was very comfortable with my decision to remove my mask whilst I was watching the game and wore it at all other times whilst moving around the stadium. However I still accept that I breached the condition of entry set by the club by removing my mask.

I personally have no desire to wear a mask outdoors but to be fair to the people who felt threatened or anxious or scared, or any of those things, by people not wearing masks last night, they are in the right as far as Hibs' rules are concerned and if people like us don't like those rules then it's probably us who shouldn't be going back - I know I probably would be thinking twice about going back any time soon if mask wearing had been enforced by the stewards last night.

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 02:06 PM
I say this as someone who agrees with you and who took off their mask whilst watching the match so go easy on me!

Let me say first that I don't agree that they should be mandatory in an outdoor setting and I take great exception to anyone calling me selfish.

I consider being at Easter Road last night just like being at Blair Drummond Safari Park which I visited last weekend - very busy place and largely outdoors, masks were only mandatory in any indoor exhibits that they had which I had absolutely no problem complying with.

That being said Hibs are entitled to enforce any rules that they like on people who wish to enter their stadium and masks were compulsory last night from the moment you entered to the moment you left.

I consider myself to be a sensible and considerate person and the fact that I wasn't within at least 6 feet of any other person during the match (except the person I attended the game with) meant that I was very comfortable with my decision to remove my mask whilst I was watching the game and wore it at all other times whilst moving around the stadium. However I still accept that I breached the condition of entry set by the club by removing my mask.

I personally have no desire to wear a mask outdoors but to be fair to the people who felt threatened or anxious or scared, or any of those things, by people not wearing masks last night, they are in the right as far as Hibs' rules are concerned and if people like us don't like those rules then it's probably us who shouldn't be going back - I know I probably would be thinking twice about going back any time soon if mask wearing had been enforced by the stewards last night.

Good Post 👍

oconnors_strip
23-07-2021, 02:11 PM

Me and my dad witnessed a steward telling people to put their mask on outside the exits at the north end of the west stand. I asked why as it’s not inside the ground, her answer was it’s on hibs property!

bingo70
23-07-2021, 02:12 PM

Don’t actually disagree with you.

I’m just a realist and the mask wearing thing isn’t going to change before the next game.

If I genuinely felt unsafe at the game last night because of it I would probably need to make the decision not to go to the next game.

If the same people can sit in pubs/restaurants etc and not feel unsafe then I don’t get that at all, I’m sorry

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 02:24 PM
Maybe it isn't as clear cut as that though. I doubt anyone will know chapter and verse of what is law and what is advice now.

The fact that Raith did not ask for people to wear masks in the seat while hibs did ask people to wear masks even when seated probably means there is room for interpretation. If you want to go to a match then you should be aware of the rules in place, and if you don't want to comply then you can choose not to go.

As has been mentioned, the stewards appear to have turned a blind eye to those not wearing masks, but another day they might just be a bit stricter, same with bad language or intoxication, sometimes they will ignore it, other times they will eject you from the stadium. A risk each individual takes if they ignore the terms of conduct.

If it was so serious to people’s health by myself and others not wearing a mask when sat in my seat, then the governments advice would be to wear one at all times. The fact you agree there must be a grey area tells you all you need to know.

This thread is superb, firstly it’s the government will allow rugby more fans than football, then it’s scientific advice, now it’s plainly local authority’s can basically advise as they please. Cluster**** of a situation and advice from the top then wonder why folk won’t comply, but here we are blaming the people at the bottom rather than the folk at the top.

GreenCastle
23-07-2021, 02:24 PM
Don’t actually disagree with you.

I’m just a realist and the mask wearing thing isn’t going to change before the next game.

If I genuinely felt unsafe at the game last night because of it I would probably need to make the decision not to go to the next game.

If the same people can sit in pubs/restaurants etc and not feel unsafe then I don’t get that at all, I’m sorry

Reality is there will be x2 more home games (next round euro game and Ross County league ) before crowds increase again and masks aren’t needed from 9th August in stadiums.

I guess the next discussion will be about all those kids not vaccinated in the Famous Five stand.

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 02:27 PM
Reality is there will be x2 more home games (next round euro game and Ross County league ) before crowds increase again and masks aren’t needed from 9th August in stadiums.

I guess the next discussion will be about all those kids not vaccinated in the Famous Five stand.

Going by other clubs elsewhere, we will have a gradual increase in capacity prior to the 9th august. Next two games will probably see us close to 50% by the date in question - my guess would be 7k next game and 9.5k the one after.

Sir David Gray
23-07-2021, 02:46 PM

I highly doubt that masks won't be needed in grounds from 9th August.

Masks are set to continue being mandatory in shops and public transport etc even after 9th August so I can't see that changing in a football stadium.

matty_f
23-07-2021, 02:51 PM
If it was so serious to people’s health by myself and others not wearing a mask when sat in my seat, then the governments advice would be to wear one at all times. The fact you agree there must be a grey area tells you all you need to know.

This thread is superb, firstly it’s the government will allow rugby more fans than football, then it’s scientific advice, now it’s plainly local authority’s can basically advise as they please. Cluster**** of a situation and advice from the top then wonder why folk won’t comply, but here we are blaming the people at the bottom rather than the folk at the top.

To be fair, there was absolutely no ambiguity around the requirement to wear a mask last night. Irrespective of guidance, it was made abundantly clear in the pre-match info and from announcements throughout the game.

That’s not confusing or open to interpretation, it was crystal clear.

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 02:51 PM

I think it is a lot simpler than it seems to be.

If you are in a setting that makes it clear that you must wear a mask then why would any sensible person think that it was OK to disobey the rules that are in place for that location. Whether you agree with it or not, the rules are in place for a reason.

If there was no rule at Raith then it's not enforceable, at Hibs the rule is to wear a mask. What is so difficult to understand?

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 02:53 PM
To be fair, there was absolutely no ambiguity around the requirement to wear a mask last night. Irrespective of guidance, it was made abundantly clear in the pre-match info and from announcements throughout the game.

Yet still some folk don't understand why? 🙄

wookie70
23-07-2021, 03:00 PM
I highly doubt that masks won't be needed in grounds from 9th August.

Masks are set to continue being mandatory in shops and public transport etc even after 9th August so I can't see that changing in a football stadium.

Massive difference in terms of ventilation though between those venues. I have chronic asthma so am except wearing a mask as it juts gives me a coughing fit. I did try to wear one for short periods last night but it was pointless as there were so many round me not wearing them. At no point did I feel unsafe though.

bingo70
23-07-2021, 03:05 PM
Yet still some folk don't understand why? 🙄

I think it’s more that some people challenge the ‘why’

It’s not something I’d make a big protest about but I’m not sitting outdoors for over 2 hours being unable to hold a decent conversation with the people I’m with. I’m sorry but just not doing it, unless of course the rules are much stricter enforced, in which case I’d probably decide not to go back until the rule isn’t enforced.

As for it being against the rules, I’m sure we all break the rules at various things from time to time.

I absolutely recognise it’s a different country with different legislation but if there was any real health risk to it, royalty, the prime minister and those sat directly around them would have been wearing a mask throughout all the sporting events they’ve been at recently including the European championships and Wimbledon.

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 03:14 PM
I think it is a lot simpler than it seems to be.

If you are in a setting that makes it clear that you must wear a mask then why would any sensible person think that it was OK to disobey the rules that are in place for that location. Whether you agree with it or not, the rules are in place for a reason.

If there was no rule at Raith then it's not enforceable, at Hibs the rule is to wear a mask. What is so difficult to understand?

Why the difference between the two? That’s why. Are the government/local authority putting different rules in place for different restaurants? Or different zoos? No they aren’t, so why would there be different rules for different football stadia? It blows out the window the scientific evidence argument. Now it’s just a case that we do as we are told and don’t question anything.

AugustaHibs
23-07-2021, 03:16 PM
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/07/10/16/45276501-9775539-image-a-595_1625930341761.jpg

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 03:17 PM

Yet less than one week ago in a stadium a few miles away the same fans were following a completely different set of rules. That’s ambiguous, we all fall under the same government.

Keith_M
23-07-2021, 03:19 PM
Did you mean to add a link to this? Not being lazy, it's just the norm for such a scenario.

Good point.

It was on the news last night so I'm not sure, but I'll have a look and post one

EDIT: Here's an article with the details.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-not-happy-celtic-park-21114122

Rangers will be allowed 8,500 for a game at Ibrox on the same day as Celtc are allowed 18,000 for a game at Celtc Park.

I get that they have been given a reason, but the reason sounds nonsensical to me

Helensburghhibs
23-07-2021, 03:24 PM
People are jumping to conclusions depending on what side the argument they are on. Was it a "legal" requirement, I doubt it. Was it part of the terms of the licence, again I don't think so, Was it part of the terms of entry, definitely. I didn't wear one whilst seated that was my choice, I was aware it was against the rules, as people are when they swear, stand or turn up with a drink in them. Now some folks are using it an as excuse to be holyier than thou. Just do what you think is best for you without worrying about what other people are doing. If you feel you can't sit near someone(outwith 2 metres) without them wearing a mask, then you shouldn't be there, bear in mind that person could well be exempt. Do a personal risk assessment, make the right choice for you and leave others in peace.

bingo70
23-07-2021, 03:29 PM
People are jumping to conclusions depending on what side the argument they are on. Was it a "legal" requirement, I doubt it. Was it part of the terms of the licence, again I don't think so, Was it part of the terms of entry, definitely. I didn't wear one whilst seated that was my choice, I was aware it was against the rules, as people are when they swear, stand or turn up with a drink in them. Now some folks are using it an as excuse to be holyier than thou. Just do what you think is best for you without worrying about what other people are doing. If you feel you can't sit near someone(outwith 2 metres) without them wearing a mask, then you shouldn't be there, bear in mind that person could well be exempt. Do a personal risk assessment, make the right choice for you and leave others in peace.

Great post.

Love that.

Keith_M
23-07-2021, 03:31 PM
I wore a mask to last week's game and kept it on the whole time. It wasn't exactly a hardship.

Loads of people took their masks off when they were in their seats but put them on again when entering or leaving.... which I really have no complaints about, as it seemed reasonable enough.

hibby rae
23-07-2021, 03:47 PM
Yet less than one week ago in a stadium a few miles away the same fans were following a completely different set of rules. That’s ambiguous, we all fall under the same government.

There was nothing ambiguous about last night. Hibs were very clear in their rules. Anything else isn't relevant as ot boils down to Hibs saying you will do this if you want to come to ER.

What Jason Leitch, Raith Rovers, Wimbledon or the pub round the corner do or say isn't relevant as they don't make the rules at Easter Road.

And to folk saying people shouldn't go if they have a problem with others ignoring the rule, that's such a selfish and entitled attitude. In reality, if you aren't prepared to wear a mask for 2 hours, as the club say you must, then the games can be watched on Hibs Pass.

Since90+2
23-07-2021, 03:50 PM

This.

matty_f
23-07-2021, 03:54 PM

That’s only ambiguous if you’re deliberately making it so.

It was 100% clear that there was a requirement last night to wear a mask at the game. What happened elsewhere is irrelevant.

Helensburghhibs
23-07-2021, 03:59 PM
There was nothing ambiguous about last night. Hibs were very clear in their rules. Anything else isn't relevant as ot boils down to Hibs saying you will do this if you want to come to ER.

What Jason Leitch, Raith Rovers, Wimbledon or the pub round the corner do or say isn't relevant as they don't make the rules at Easter Road.

And to folk saying people shouldn't go if they have a problem with others ignoring the rule, that's such a selfish and entitled attitude. In reality, if you aren't prepared to wear a mask for 2 hours, as the club say you must, then the games can be watched on Hibs Pass.

Again, whatever suits your agenda. It's nothing more than a stadium rule, we have established that,, so I'd love to see our attendance if everyone who; drinks before a game, arrives later than 15mins prior to k.o, stands up during the match, swears, or smokes inside the stadium all watched it on hibspass.

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 03:59 PM
That’s only ambiguous if you’re deliberately making it so.

It was 100% clear that there was a requirement last night to wear a mask at the game. What happened elsewhere is irrelevant.

So you are agreeing it’s heehaw to do with science then, otherwise the government would be enforcing it. Thankfully we got there eventually.

matty_f
23-07-2021, 04:02 PM
So you are agreeing it’s heehaw to do with science then, otherwise the government would be enforcing it. Thankfully we got there eventually.

I never said it was to do with science, but well done on winning whatever argument you thought you were having. :greengrin

FWIW, my mask was on and off throughout the game. I took it off in spells where it was getting uncomfortable and then put it back on again.

Northernhibee
23-07-2021, 04:08 PM

My partner is asthmatic and has had to be so cautious. I don’t know now she’s double vaccinated if she’d be comfortable or not, but if she wasn’t then it’s not the person who makes the ‘personal choice’ to not follow the conditions of entry to tell the one who does to miss out.

If she can work for hours on end in a stuffy, roasting hospital and wear a mask despite the discomfort, it’s not a big thing to follow a simple request from the club.

Helensburghhibs
23-07-2021, 04:13 PM
My partner is asthmatic and has had to be so cautious. I don’t know now she’s double vaccinated if she’d be comfortable or not, but if she wasn’t then it’s not the person who makes the ‘personal choice’ to not follow the conditions of entry to tell the one who does to miss out.

If she can work for hours on end in a stuffy, roasting hospital and wear a mask despite the discomfort, it’s not a big thing to follow a simple request from the club.

That's her personal circumstance and I appreciate the point of view. My personal circumstances are I go to the match with my son and have had much more risk from drunk punters than covid. The question I have is would she go to a game knowing she may be sitting beside someone who has an exemption? If so is she willing to take the risk?

Northernhibee
23-07-2021, 04:18 PM
That's her personal circumstance and I appreciate the point of view. My personal circumstances are I go to the match with my son and have had much more risk from drunk punters than covid. The question I have is would she go to a game knowing she may be sitting beside someone who has an exemption? If so she Is willing to take the risk?

Nice bit of whataboutery but one thing you mention is swearing. If I was to get a bit heated at a game and someone was to say “I don’t like that language in front of my children” I’d reflect on my behaviour and tone it down, appreciating my behaviour is affecting the enjoyment of others.

The person who is breaking the rules shouldn’t have the power to say to those following the rules that the club set to go and do something else.

And we know that we’re not taking about an exemption in this case, its “personal choice” that you’ve described in your original post. A small amount of people who are exempt not wearing a mask is much less risky than a whole load of people following their own rules.

In all honesty, I’d say that the general tone should be “if someone asks me to put my mask on, I will do”.

You’ve probably also had more experience with people who have had too much and shouldn’t be allowed in because you’ll only have attended one or two games since the pandemic started and you can’t see COVID. That’s entirely anecdotal. You’d be more than entitled to inform a steward of drunks were causing trouble.

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 04:20 PM
I never said it was to do with science, but well done on winning whatever argument you thought you were having. :greengrin

FWIW, my mask was on and off throughout the game. I took it off in spells where it was getting uncomfortable and then put it back on again.

Plenty on here did though, and said so throughout the thread.

matty_f
23-07-2021, 04:22 PM
Plenty on here did though, and said so throughout the thread.

The point we were discussing was that it wasn’t ambiguous, though.

I couldn’t possibly pretend, when i chose to remove my mask for periods of the game, that i didn’t know I should have been keeping it on.

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 04:23 PM
Why the difference between the two? That’s why. Are the government/local authority putting different rules in place for different restaurants? Or different zoos? No they aren’t, so why would there be different rules for different football stadia? It blows out the window the scientific evidence argument. Now it’s just a case that we do as we are told and don’t question anything.

I'm repeating myself, but here goes anyway!!

One is in Fife, the other is in Edinburgh. Different local authorities. As far as I'm concerned, if I was in Timbuktu I wouldn't be questioning the rules, I would be complying. If you go to Raith, you 'Should' comply with the rules in place there, if you go to Hibs then surely it doesn't take a genius that you should comply with their rules.

If it bothers you so much take it up with your MP, MSP, councillors, or Hibs themselves.

JohnM1875
23-07-2021, 04:24 PM
Nice bit of whataboutery but one thing you mention is swearing. If I was to get a bit heated at a game and someone was to say “I don’t like that language in front of my children” I’d reflect on my behaviour and tone it down, appreciating my behaviour is affecting the enjoyment of others.

The person who is breaking the rules shouldn’t have the power to say to those following the rules that the club set to go and do something else.

And we know that we’re not taking about an exemption in this case, its “personal choice” that you’ve described in your original post. A small amount of people who are exempt not wearing a mask is much less risky than a whole load of people following their own rules.

In all honesty, I’d say that the general tone should be “if someone asks me to put my mask on, I will do”.

You’ve probably also had more experience with people who have had too much and shouldn’t be allowed in because you’ll only have attended one or two games since the pandemic started and you can’t see COVID. That’s entirely anecdotal. You’d be more than entitled to inform a steward of drunks were causing trouble.

Sorry to jump in. But I honestly believe that is the case.

I appreciate people might say 'why should I need to ask someone to put a mask on when it's mandatory' but if it's really making you that uncomfortable just ask folk to do so? I wasn't wearing one throughout the match whilst in my seat, but I know for sure if someone sitting near me had asked me too I would have.

Helensburghhibs
23-07-2021, 04:26 PM

Just for clarity mate, if someone had asked me to put it on that was sitting in the vicinity around me I would have without hesitation

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 04:28 PM
I'm repeating myself, but here goes anyway!!

One is in Fife, the other is in Edinburgh. Different local authorities. As far as I'm concerned, if I was in Timbuktu I wouldn't be questioning the rules, I would be complying. If you go to Raith, you 'Should' comply with the rules in place there, if you go to Hibs then surely it doesn't take a genius that you should comply with their rules.

If it bothers you so much take it up with your MP, MSP, councillors, or Hibs themselves.

I’m not the one with the issue, those complaining about them taking masks off have the issue.

Local authorities don’t speak to scientists and virologists. That would be the Scottish government therefore if it was a scientific issue then the whole country would follow the same rules. As they don’t then I’m saying it has nothing to do with science and will stand by that.

tamig
23-07-2021, 04:29 PM
This is all becoming very tedious. I will bow out gracefully or I'll shortly destroy my laptop. :brickwall

Northernhibee
23-07-2021, 04:29 PM
Just for clarity mate, if someone had asked me to put it on that was sitting in the vicinity around me I would have without hesitation

Excellent, long as the “give others peace” bit doesn’t mean “put up with it” or that then I think we agree on the best way for people go about it, just from other ends of the argument.

BegbieHSC
23-07-2021, 04:31 PM
I did plan on taking my mask off once at my seat because that seemed reasonable, given we’re distanced and outside, but the old boy in front of me was keeping his on, so out of courtesy, I kept mine on for the entire time.

All down to personal judgement - I’m not going to condemn or judge others decisions on this one.

Peevemor
23-07-2021, 04:32 PM
This stuff annoys me. It's not just about Easter Road, Murrayfield, Wimbledon or wherever.

For the time being, wherever we go and whatever we do in public places there are people who decide what we're meant to do.

We might think that there's no need to wear a mask, enter at staggered times, sit a a certain distance from strangers, only have certain facilities available to us, etc., but that's irrelevant.

Even though we might find some decisions stupid, the people making them generally aren't.

Nobody's imposing these things to spoil stuff for us. They're trying to facilitate our doing things, edging our way back to normality in as safe a way as possible - not just for you but for everyone.

Can people stop deciding that they know better and just toe the line until this crap's behind us?

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 04:34 PM
I’m not the one with the issue, those complaining about them taking masks off have the issue.

Local authorities don’t speak to scientists and virologists. That would be the Scottish government therefore if it was a scientific issue then the whole country would follow the same rules. As they don’t then I’m saying it has nothing to do with science and will stand by that.

As far as I can see you are the only one arguing about the science, everyone else is bothered about being forced to wear a mask at Easter Road, but not in the pub, at Starks Park, Wimbledon etc.

The FACT is Hibs set the rules of entry, and that is, you must wear a mask while in the ground, except when eating or drinking. It appears that some stewards reminded people, others didn't, some wore them all the time, others didn't, some are making a mountain out of a molehill.

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 04:34 PM
This stuff annoys me. It's not just about Easter Road, Murrayfield, Wimbledon or wherever.

For the time being, wherever we go and whatever we do in public places there are people who decide what we're meant to do.

We might think that there's no need to wear a mask, enter at staggered times, sit a a certain distance from strangers, only have certain facilities available to us, etc., but that's irrelevant.

Even though we might find some decisions stupid, the people making them generally aren't.

Nobody's imposing these things to spoil stuff for us. They're trying to facilitate our doing things, edging our way back to normality in as safe a way as possible - not just for you but for everyone.

Can people stop deciding that they know better and just toe the line until this crap's behind us?

Will do, when the rules make sense and we all face the same rules. You can’t tell me it’s for the greater good when it’s rules for one and not rules for others in the exact same setting.

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 04:35 PM

:thumbsup:

Northernhibee
23-07-2021, 04:37 PM
Will do, when the rules make sense and we all face the same rules. You can’t tell me it’s for the greater good when it’s rules for one and not rules for others in the exact same setting.

I fancy a few pints tonight but need to drive later on. Different countries have different limits and they can’t all be right, so does that make it fine?

marinello59
23-07-2021, 04:38 PM
I did plan on taking my mask off once at my seat because that seemed reasonable, given we’re distanced and outside, but the old boy in front of me was keeping his on, so out of courtesy, I kept mine on for the entire time.

All down to personal judgement - I’m not going to condemn or judge others decisions on this one.

I took mine off for the first ten minutes or so but put it back on when I realised most of those near me were still wearing theirs.
I’m with you, I won’t be judging anybody else’s decision, at this point it should be a personal choice.

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 04:41 PM

At Easter Road, it was the same rule for everyone. At last, at last, at last!! :wink:

bingo70
23-07-2021, 04:42 PM

At the risk of sounding a bit flat earther or tin foil hat ish….. there also comes a point when it becomes healthier to challenge what authorities are telling you.

I’m a bit of a *****bag really and I don’t like confrontation, maybe why I’m such an argumentative prick on here, but in general I’ll tow the line and do what’s required. There does come a point though where if rules are being implemented that I don’t agree with or think are unfair then I will challenge them and not just blindly do what I’m told.

There’s only so much towing the line people can take wjen something doesn’t make sense.

Me sitting for 2 hours in the pub before the game not wearing a mask and then going outside for 2 hours to wear a mask falls into that category for me.

I’m not about to stage a protest, write to my MP or anything like that, but I will take it off when I’m sat outside.

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 04:45 PM
I fancy a few pints tonight but need to drive later on. Different countries have different limits and they can’t all be right, so does that make it fine?

We’re not in a different country from Fife though, funnily enough. If it’s that much of a risk and so essential to have a mask on then the government would have made it mandatory. Fact is they never. Therefore they are obviously agreeing the risk is minimal.

Northernhibee
23-07-2021, 04:47 PM
We’re not in a different country from Fife though, funnily enough. If it’s that much of a risk and so essential to have a mask on then the government would have made it mandatory. Fact is they never. Therefore they are obviously agreeing the risk is minimal.

The club made it a term of condition for entering the stadium so the rule is consistent. Otherwise they wouldn’t have put it in there.

hibbysam
23-07-2021, 04:49 PM
At the risk of sounding a bit flat earther or tin foil hat ish….. there also comes a point when it becomes healthier to challenge what authorities are telling you.

I’m a bit of a *****bag really and I don’t like confrontation, maybe why I’m such an argumentative prick on here, but in general I’ll tow the line and do what’s required. There does come a point though where if rules are being implemented that I don’t agree with or think are unfair then I will challenge them and not just blindly do what I’m told.

There’s only so much towing the line people can take wjen something doesn’t make sense.

Me sitting for 2 hours in the pub before the game not wearing a mask and then going outside for 2 hours to wear a mask falls into that category for me.

I’m not about to stage a protest, write to my MP or anything like that, but I will take it off when I’m sat outside.

You sound exactly like myself. For a year or more I towed the line and did exactly as was asked (to the best of my ability), however this is a nonsense that should be allowed to be challenged.

Just Alf
23-07-2021, 04:52 PM
We’re not in a different country from Fife though, funnily enough. If it’s that much of a risk and so essential to have a mask on then the government would have made it mandatory. Fact is they never. Therefore they are obviously agreeing the risk is minimal.Different stadiums have different size seats, gaps , concourses etc.

If we didn't bother with masks while seated then to get the safety certificate the gaps at each side and most definitely in front and behind would all have had to be a seat bigger with a knock on impact on crowd size.

We wanted more in, Raith were happy to spread out a bit (technically anyway as some folks, probably pals, drifted together)

hibby rae
23-07-2021, 04:57 PM
Again, whatever suits your agenda. It's nothing more than a stadium rule, we have established that,, so I'd love to see our attendance if everyone who; drinks before a game, arrives later than 15mins prior to k.o, stands up during the match, swears, or smokes inside the stadium all watched it on hibspass.

What would my agenda be exactly?

I've already outlined why alcohol and foul language are different from this so won't repeat myself.

But yes, anyone who smokes inside the stadium can also certainly stay at home at watch the game online.

Moulin Yarns
23-07-2021, 04:58 PM
Different stadiums have different size seats, gaps , concourses etc.

If we didn't bother with masks while seated then to get the safety certificate the gaps at each side and most definitely in front and behind would all have had to be a seat bigger with a knock on impact on crowd size.

We wanted more in, Raith were happy to spread out a bit (technically anyway as some folks, probably pals, drifted together)

👍 I don't know what is so difficult to understand.

Stairway 2 7
23-07-2021, 05:04 PM
I don't think they are needed outside, but if it means I can see the hibs in the flesh I'll wear one and a full hazmat suit if needed. Least we are having this argument, it shows things are moving on. Most of the year we've been told to stay in the house and have watched games at hampden ect on TV. Heads up it won't be long in a few months things will be different, we can manage the restrictions in the meantime without arguing

hibby rae
23-07-2021, 05:05 PM

Exactly, honestly don't know if some are just having trouble understanding this or being deliberately obtuse.

23-07-2021, 05:07 PM
You sound exactly like myself. For a year or more I towed the line and did exactly as was asked (to the best of my ability), however this is a nonsense that should be allowed to be challenged.

If you are going to challenge it then do it properly and email Hibs about it. Tell them that you won't be wearing a mask, even if asked to do so. Be sure to include your client reference number so they can make sure you don't get a ticket if the number the council allows us gets reduced as a result. It'll be worth it though, won't it? Point of principle. 🙂

I would add that Hibs said:

"We know you want to shout and sing to back the team – for the moment please continue to wear your mask. Be respectful to others in your vicinity taking a responsible approach at all times, avoid excessive shouting/singing/celebrations as those activities increase the risk of transmission of COVID-19."

Which to me suggests it should be short term measure.

H18 SFR
23-07-2021, 05:08 PM
Fire the mask wearers in one/two stands, non mask wearers in the other stands.

ian cruise
23-07-2021, 05:10 PM

I'm not going to debate whether the rules are write or wrong however if you're at the stage you've mentioned above then writing to an MP is the absolute right thing to do. Ask them to either clarify or challenge the rules.

Unfortunately if people just chose to stop following them while they are in place while others follow them the only outcome is arguments and fights, whether online or what we see in the streets with the protests.

We need as many people engaging with their local MPs right now as possible, otherwise both Holyrood and Westminster go unchecked.

tamig
23-07-2021, 05:11 PM
👍 I don't know what is so difficult to understand.

Sorry I’m back. There’s only one punter on here who appears to have difficulty understanding. It’s tedious. Like a broken record. And keeps coming back with the same old nonsense. Hopefully it ends soon.

Nakedmanoncrack
23-07-2021, 05:11 PM
Rather zealous steward last night marching up & down the West Lower telling anyone he spotted with a mask removed to put it back on - whilst wearing his own with nose uncovered, (not just once but repeatedly throughout game) sums up the logic of this nonsense.

matty_f
23-07-2021, 05:16 PM

It’s for that reason that I’m choosing to drive everywhere at 70mph. It’s a nonsense that some roads are 20/30/40/50/60mph and until that’s sorted I’m just going as fast as I want. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2021, 05:20 PM

In 3 weeks time, when Scotland's restrictions are lifted, those folk complaining now WILL have a decision to make.

As really can you see things any different to now, with bigger numbers in the stadium?

Helensburghhibs
23-07-2021, 05:22 PM
What would my agenda be exactly?

I've already outlined why alcohol and foul language are different from this so won't repeat myself.

But yes, anyone who smokes inside the stadium can also certainly stay at home at watch the game online.

And I outlined that someone of my age and health status is more at risk from someone under the influence doing something stupid than covid

Helensburghhibs
23-07-2021, 05:24 PM

Is this something you know is a fact or is it an assumption? Bearing in mind we had 2 completely empty stands

Keith_M
23-07-2021, 05:31 PM
I love a good argument on DotNet and this one is a real doozy

:greengrin

23-07-2021, 05:33 PM
Sorry to jump in. But I honestly believe that is the case.

I appreciate people might say 'why should I need to ask someone to put a mask on when it's mandatory' but if it's really making you that uncomfortable just ask folk to do so? I wasn't wearing one throughout the match whilst in my seat, but I know for sure if someone sitting near me had asked me too I would have.

Okay, you know that for sure but from someone else's point of view you might have told them to f*** off.

That's part of the problem here, people only looking at it from their own point of view and not others'.

23-07-2021, 05:34 PM
I love a good argument on DotNet and this one is a real doozy

:greengrin

No it isn't. 😉

23-07-2021, 05:42 PM

People are getting "holier than thou" because Covid-19 is an emotive topic. Many on here may well have lost friends and/or relatives to it, others haven’t and are lucky in that respect.

23-07-2021, 05:44 PM
And I outlined that someone of my age and health status is more at risk from someone under the influence doing something stupid than covid

Would love to see your source of info comparing both of those (couldn't see where you previously outlined it).

Helensburghhibs
23-07-2021, 06:03 PM
Would love to see your source of info comparing both of those (couldn't see where you previously outlined it).

The fact I had covid that affected me no more than a mild cold. And experience telling me if I get hit by a stray bottle from the back of the east it would be more severe. I know what I'd rather take my chances with

matty_f
23-07-2021, 06:09 PM
The fact I had covid that affected me no more than a mild cold. And experience telling me if I get hit by a stray bottle from the back of the east it would be more severe. I know what I'd rather take my chances with

How many times have you been hit on the back of the head by a stray bottle at the football?

jeffers
23-07-2021, 06:12 PM

You keep going on about risks to you, you are happy to take the chance in not wearing a mask. However as has been pointed out numerous times, it’s not for your benefit, it’s for the benefit of those around you.

Helensburghhibs
23-07-2021, 06:17 PM
How many times have you been hit on the back of the head by a stray bottle at the football?

A bottle luckily never... yet. Coins, pies, scolding hot tea yes. Not sure what the point is though as I have never contracted covid in an outside space either. I have also caught the flu a few times but wouldn't expect other people to mitigate that risk for me. If I didn't want the flu I wouldn't go anywhere crowded in flu season ? One man's logic is another man's madness. The point I'm making is yes I was happy to break a stadium rule, but it's no worse than any other of the rules being broken (apart from people's opinion)

B.H.F.C
23-07-2021, 06:21 PM
The club made it a term of condition for entering the stadium so the rule is consistent. Otherwise they wouldn’t have put it in there.

They also made it a term of entry that you had to show ID but they, themselves, weren’t enforcing that and the tickets they issued didn’t even have names on them anyway.

Why did they put it there?

Same as the mask rule, to tick a box IMO.

Same for the staggered entry time not being enforced.

23-07-2021, 06:24 PM

Ah, I see. Your previous post made it sound like it was based on some sort of scientific studies but really it is just guesswork based on your own experience.

Think I'd rather take my chances with a pie in back of the head.

Helensburghhibs
23-07-2021, 06:44 PM
Ah, I see. Your previous post made it sound like it was based on some sort of scientific studies but really it is just guesswork based on your own experience.

Think I'd rather take my chances with a pie in back of the head.

And your entitled to that view as I am mine. I choose not to go to games I think there's a risk of trouble or being overrun with drunks and idiots due to ko time etc. The same choice is available in this instance of stadium rule breaking

jgl07
23-07-2021, 07:41 PM
The fact that 95% of those near to me in both the Arsenal and ECL matches were not wearing masks sums it up. Masks are not that effective anyway and out of doors in a socially distanced seat arrangement are not needed.

Emphasising mask wearing when most are ignoring such stipulations risks undermining other measures which are desirable and necessary.

H113EE5
23-07-2021, 08:24 PM
Fire the mask wearers in one/two stands, non mask wearers in the other stands.

Now there's a great idea.
Those who follow rules to protect others and themselves, in the Famous Five, East and West Stands.
The other dim-wits, Covid deniers, conspiracy theorists, and the 'I'm no following the rules, what rules?' mob with the away support in the South stand. Let them sit with the Huns, mini-Huns and un-Washed.

H18 SFR
23-07-2021, 08:25 PM
Now there's a great idea.
Those who follow rules to protect others and themselves, in the Famous Five, East and West Stands.
The other dim-wits, Covid deniers, conspiracy theorists, and the 'I'm no following the rules, what rules?' mob with the away support in the South stand. Let them sit with the Huns, mini-Huns and un-Washed.

Which stand will you be in then?

H113EE5
23-07-2021, 08:30 PM
Which stand will you be in then?

Where I have my season ticket... West Stand Lower. Why is my location important?

H18 SFR
23-07-2021, 08:31 PM
Where I have my season ticket... West Stand Lower. Why is my location important?

It’s not.

H113EE5
23-07-2021, 08:32 PM
It’s not.

Why ask?

hibby rae
23-07-2021, 08:32 PM

You didn't answer my question though. What's my agenda?

H18 SFR
23-07-2021, 08:33 PM
Why ask?

Was just wondering.

Helensburghhibs
23-07-2021, 08:53 PM
You didn't answer my question though. What's my agenda?

Agenda was possibly the wrong word mate. The point I was asking from the outset is people's arguments will reflect their feelings about the virus and how much truth there is in what the govt are saying. Without dragging it into the holy ground if you think people should wear masks your arguments are likely to quote stuff like "it jeopardises bigger crowds in the future" where as if you don't then lines like "masks are not needed outdoors" those are just examples to try get what I'm saying across, maybe I haven't done it effectively. I dont like the term but both sides use "fake news" to enhance their own point of view

Glory Lurker
23-07-2021, 10:39 PM
The new rules say bin your rubbish, or take it home.

Last week and last night I saw food rubbish left about. Stuff folk have had almost in their mouth and breathed all over. Do they staff have grippers? Does it matter - why should they be exposed to even a tiny risk for folk who can't follow the rules?

Where does this rule, which didn't exist in March 2020, fit in to the "personal choice" mantra?