PDA

View Full Version : NHC NHC- East Kilbride awarded 3-0 Victory

Aldo
16-07-2021, 12:52 PM
Just noticed East Kilbride awarded a 3-0 victory over Kilmarnock as the fielded an ineligible player.

Now if I remember correctly our neighbours did something very similar but the punishment was more favourable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
16-07-2021, 12:58 PM
Just noticed East Kilbride awarded a 3-0 victory over Kilmarnock as the fielded an ineligible player.

Now if I remember correctly our neighbours did something very similar but the punishment was more favourable!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAye, but Kilmarnock weren't going to singlehandedly save Scottish football by not relegating the team that finished bottom of the league.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Newry Hibs
16-07-2021, 02:49 PM

Just think, if the same rules were applied then, they wouldn't have gone on to lift the cup. Oh wait.

Danderhall Hibs
16-07-2021, 03:21 PM

Yeah 2-0 I think so they could still beat ICT and qualify. 3-0 would’ve knocked them out.

Wonder why the rule changed?

Aldo
16-07-2021, 03:40 PM
Yeah 2-0 I think so they could still beat ICT and qualify. 3-0 would’ve knocked them out.

They sorted it so they had a chance for sure!

hibbysam
16-07-2021, 04:41 PM

Deducted 2 points so still ‘gained’ 1 point from the game. Cove Rangers still received 0 points.

East Kilbride have gained 3 points with Killie losing 3 points.

Rule changed as this doesn’t effect TV viewings for the last game. It’s the right decision but shows how bad a decision the SPFL made in the Hearts scenario. Shambles!

Danderhall Hibs
16-07-2021, 04:59 PM
Deducted 2 points so still ‘gained’ 1 point from the game. Cove Rangers still received 0 points.

East Kilbride have gained 3 points with Killie losing 3 points.

Rule changed as this doesn’t effect TV viewings for the last game. It’s the right decision but shows how bad a decision the SPFL made in the Hearts scenario. Shambles!

Ah that’s it - I didn’t feel right when I posted. What a nonsense.

hibbysam
16-07-2021, 05:04 PM
Ah that’s it - I didn’t feel right when I posted. What a nonsense.

Hearts had already drew a game and won on penalties (2 points) so that 1 point that they kept meant they could go above Inverness on goal difference by winning their last two games.

Scorrie
17-07-2021, 06:44 AM
Dundee awarded a 3-0 victory over Ross County as they still can’t field a team due to Covid apparently

h185forever
17-07-2021, 07:12 AM
3-0 is a nonsense in my opinion.

I get it penalises the "offending" team but it also hurts the other teams in the mini league who may then have to overcome that goal deficit.

Personally I feel a 1-0 award with the option of a fine would be fairer to all

Eyrie
17-07-2021, 09:38 AM
3-0 is a nonsense in my opinion.

I get it penalises the "offending" team but it also hurts the other teams in the mini league who may then have to overcome that goal deficit.

Personally I feel a 1-0 award with the option of a fine would be fairer to all

Makes sense given the specific circumstances.

I can understand 3-0 when a club has been at fault (eg Kilmarnock) but not when it's Covid related (eg Ross County).

gbhibby
17-07-2021, 03:04 PM
Probably a change in the rules since the Hearts incident.
Clubs should not face punishment due to covid.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-07-2021, 03:55 PM
Probably a change in the rules since the Hearts incident.
Clubs should not face punishment due to covid.

The 3-0 award was the rule prior to Hearts. They just made a bizarre and ridiculous exception for them and made up a new rule for that one incident [emoji52]

EI255
17-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Hearing Jumbos didn't have a single shot on target against the mighty Sunderland.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

gbhibby
17-07-2021, 04:01 PM
The 3-0 award was the rule prior to Hearts. They just made a bizarre and ridiculous exception for them and made up a new rule for that one incident [emoji52]
Did not know that therfore the same sanctions should apply. The rule book is Scottish football makes war and peace look like a short story.