PDA

View Full Version : Capacity for next THURSDAY?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

vuefrom1875
15-07-2021, 10:23 PM
I'm sure nippy will keep it to 2000.max..🤔

Peevemor
15-07-2021, 10:37 PM
Yeah, probably trying to save a few yoons from catching the virus.

Glory Lurker
15-07-2021, 10:38 PM

It's a guessing game until we get the answer, but I've no idea why you think the FM will have any part in deciding the outcome.

Callum_62
15-07-2021, 10:49 PM
It's a guessing game until we get the answer, but I've no idea why you think the FM will have any part in deciding the outcome.Coz she's Jiimmy 'nippy' krankie fae the Snazi party

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
16-07-2021, 06:11 AM

I've never heard of Adam McVey being called "nippy" before but I don't know that much about him so maybe I missed it.

Northernhibee
16-07-2021, 06:30 AM
Why is Thursday all in capital letters?

Dalianwanda
16-07-2021, 06:33 AM

It’s a council decision but fire on with your ill informed pops at NS.

bingo70
16-07-2021, 06:40 AM
It’s a council decision but fire on with your ill informed pops at NS.

I can not stand Edinburgh council and find myself ranting about them on an almost daily basis just now.

Leaving a decision like this in their hands fills me with dread, hopefully they prove me wrong but I’ll not be holding my breath.

DH1875
16-07-2021, 06:45 AM
Restriction levels change on Monday so would be extremely surprised if it were only the 2k.

EI255
16-07-2021, 06:47 AM
Restriction levels change on Monday so would be extremely surprised if it were only the 2k.Fingers crossed as according to the news last night levels are rising in Scotland again. Could all change. As we've seen before.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
16-07-2021, 06:49 AM
Fingers crossed as according to the news last night levels are rising in Scotland again. Could all change. As we've seen before.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Case numbers are gradually reducing, I see no reason why the move to level 0 won't happen on Monday.

Silversand
16-07-2021, 07:02 AM
I can not stand Edinburgh council and find myself ranting about them on an almost daily basis just now.

Leaving a decision like this in their hands fills me with dread, hopefully they prove me wrong but I’ll not be holding my breath.Who would you rather made the decision?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

bingo70
16-07-2021, 07:15 AM
Who would you rather made the decision?

Honestly no idea.

I just don’t trust Edinburgh council to do the right thing ever. They keep finding new ways of annoying me.

Moulin Yarns
16-07-2021, 07:31 AM

Is Nippy the name of the person on CEC licence board that will decide???? 🙄

Blaster
16-07-2021, 07:34 AM
Honestly no idea.

I just don’t trust Edinburgh council to do the right thing ever. They keep finding new ways of annoying me.

Be interesting as whatever they allow us, they will likely give hearts a similar number for their game against Celtic the following week

marinello59
16-07-2021, 07:38 AM

Leaving a decision like this in their hands fills me with dread, hopefully they prove me wrong but I’ll not be holding my breath.

To be fair to the Council they can only operate within the constraints put on them by the Scottish Government who set the rules. Although it might be fair to say they aren’t pushing back enough.

marinello59
16-07-2021, 07:38 AM
Who would you rather made the decision?

Me. We’d all be in. :greengrin

Stairway 2 7
16-07-2021, 08:14 AM
They will have clear instructions from scot gov what is expected. Does anyone seriously think if Edinburgh Council said its 20,000 full capacity, that scot gov would say no problem its Edinburgh Council decision

Leitherhibs
16-07-2021, 08:16 AM
Heard from a non-Hibs supporting colleague that we've applied for 9k. Seems pretty unrealistic given we only had 2k in for the Arsenal game earlier this week, is this us aiming high to then negotiate a more likely 5-6k attendance?

hibbyfraelibby
16-07-2021, 08:24 AM

Typical ilinformed snidey Yoon comment... its a council decision and they are infested with jambo yoons like you who wont do Hibs any favours as they've proved over the years

Sir David Gray
16-07-2021, 08:49 AM
They will have clear instructions from scot gov what is expected. Does anyone seriously think if Edinburgh Council said its 20,000 full capacity, that scot gov would say no problem its Edinburgh Council decision

I believe 20k would be outwith the council's remit and that kind of number would need to be approved by the Scottish Government anyway.

As I understand it the council can only approve numbers up to 5k so even this application we've apparently submitted for 9k would need to be approved by the Government.

bingo70
16-07-2021, 08:52 AM
I believe 20k would be outwith the council's remit and that kind of number would need to be approved by the Scottish Government anyway.

As I understand it the council can only approve numbers up to 5k so even this application we've apparently submitted for 9k would need to be approved by the Government.

I wonder if Hibs are basing their application of 9k on opening 4 stands and making a health and safety case for each stand in isolation?

For me, 9k across 4 stands wouldn’t present any greater risk than say 6k spread amongst 2 or 3 stands?

Dalianwanda
16-07-2021, 08:52 AM

Thats fair enough & sure you have good reason...But comments like the one from the OP are so common these days, pops at people or organisations without bothering to check the fatcs of the matter. Fact of the matter is ECC decide not NS.

B.H.F.C
16-07-2021, 08:55 AM
Thats fair enough & sure you have good reason...But comments like the one from the OP are so common these days, pops at people or organisations without bothering to check the fatcs of the matter. Fact of the matter is ECC decide not NS.

Is it just the council when applying for over 5k? I thought anything over that required government approval. Don’t know if changing to level zero impacts that.

Sir David Gray
16-07-2021, 09:00 AM
Is it just the council when applying for over 5k? I thought anything over that required government approval. Don’t know if changing to level zero impacts that.

That's my understanding but perhaps it's changed with the lowering of the levels.

There was definitely talk on here a couple of months ago that we would need to apply to the Government if we wanted more than 5k to attend.

Frazerbob
16-07-2021, 11:14 AM
Aberdeen getting 5665 fans for their game on Thursday

JohnM1875
16-07-2021, 11:15 AM
Aberdeen getting 5665 fans for their game on Thursday

Was that the full amount they asked for?

04Sauzee
16-07-2021, 11:17 AM
Was that the full amount they asked for?

Looking at the Aberdeen twitter that's the full amount they applied for.

JohnM1875
16-07-2021, 11:19 AM

Thanks.

Still doubt we'll get the 9k we asked for. But should hopefully get the go ahead for at least the same as Aberdeen 🤞

04Sauzee
16-07-2021, 11:23 AM
Thanks.

Still doubt we'll get the 9k we asked for. But should hopefully get the go ahead for at least the same as Aberdeen 🤞

Not sure how many season tickets they have sold, sure I read on here it was around 8k so looks like 70% of season ticket holders will be able to attend if that's the case. There will be as always some ticket holders who can't attend anyway so hopefully a good number who want to go will manage to get a ticket.

Sir David Gray
16-07-2021, 11:24 AM

They initially applied for just over 8k to attend every home game until 9th August but got the knock back and now they've had agreement for just over 5,600.

I expect we'll get something similar, there was never any way we were going to get anything like 9k.

Souter96Mac
16-07-2021, 11:40 AM
Aberdeen get green light for their request.

Frazerbob
16-07-2021, 11:47 AM
Not sure how many season tickets they have sold, sure I read on here it was around 8k so looks like 70% of season ticket holders will be able to attend if that's the case. There will be as always some ticket holders who can't attend anyway so hopefully a good number who want to go will manage to get a ticket.

7700 ST’s sold so far. Pretty low numbers.

04Sauzee
16-07-2021, 12:24 PM

Yeah just seen that 73% of season ticket holders will get to see the game.

bingo70
16-07-2021, 12:27 PM
Honestly no idea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57861489

We’re not expecting a decision until Monday according to this.

Doesn’t leave long for a ballot to be organised if that’s the route they want to go down.

Why don’t they just give us an answer today? Or yesterday?

****ing Edinburgh council.

(If they do in fact give us an answer today they’ll still be ********s)

Moulin Yarns
16-07-2021, 12:30 PM

Doesn’t leave long for a ballot to be organised if that’s the route they want to go down.

And others will still blame the first minister personally for it 😉

Dalianwanda
16-07-2021, 12:30 PM

Its Aberdeen Council who have been reported in giving Aberdeen the OK & thats over 5k.......but I been wrong before :wink:

Billy Whizz
16-07-2021, 12:54 PM
Aberdeen get green light for their request.

How much are the tickets?

AugustaHibs
16-07-2021, 12:55 PM
Celtic are allowed 15% capacity for their euro game.

1875Sean
16-07-2021, 01:01 PM
StadiumBREAKING: Celtic have been told they can admit around 9,000 supporters at Tuesday night's Champions League qualifier against FC Midtjylland at Parkhead.

Doesn’t look good for our game, would imagine be the same as Aberdeen around 5k

Sir David Gray
16-07-2021, 01:13 PM

All info here - £25 for adult season ticket holders.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/07/16/ticket-info-faqs-bk-haken-match/

Mikey
16-07-2021, 01:14 PM

Edinburgh Council can be changed if people actually thought about who they're voting for, rather just blindly sticking a tick in the box they always put a tick in.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get 2000 again.

marinello59
16-07-2021, 01:14 PM

I really hope it’s a ballot rather than first come first served. I’m assuming the system is already in place, they just need to know how many to draw out.

SteveHFC
16-07-2021, 01:17 PM
I really hope it’s a ballot rather than first come first served. I’m assuming the system is already in place, they just need to know how many to draw out.

Yep a ballot is the fairest way to go.

greenginger
16-07-2021, 01:18 PM
Will football clubs still be getting full business rates relief during this reduced attendances period ?

keep the faith
16-07-2021, 01:19 PM
Only in scotland do we complain about not enough fans at the game the same day we learn that the UK has the highest number of reported cases in the world right now.
I'm kinda glad the SG is not being as cavalier as the UK gov and if I miss a few games so be it.
Mon the hibs!

bingo70
16-07-2021, 01:19 PM
Edinburgh Council can be changed if people actually thought about who they're voting for, rather just blindly sticking a tick in the box they always put a tick in.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get 2000 again.

It’s something I’ll need to give a lot more thought to before the next council elections.

I suspect I’m one of the people you’re talking about.

B.H.F.C
16-07-2021, 01:21 PM

I reckon it’ll be first come, first served.

If we get 5-6k I also think that’ll cover most of the season ticket holders who want to / can go to this one.

hhibs
16-07-2021, 01:33 PM
I'm sure nippy will keep it to 2000.max..��

Gosh,so clever.:rolleyes:

RMQ1967
16-07-2021, 01:34 PM
Only in scotland do we complain about not enough fans at the game the same day we learn that the UK has the highest number of reported cases in the world right now.
I'm kinda glad the SG is not being as cavalier as the UK gov and if I miss a few games so be it.
Mon the hibs!

I think it's right to be cautious and considered but one of those considerations should be how many of those cases is resulting in hospitalisation or death. If the serious effects have been limited to similar levels of other diseases and illnesses due to vaccination then surely we can be a bit more risk averse.

GreenCastle
16-07-2021, 01:43 PM
Mon the hibs!

Cases in Scotland are dropping now - any co-incidence this is after the Euro football games....

England cases will keep rising after the Euros..that's 1 week since the final...add another week then expect it to lower again.

Sitting outdoors at Easter Road isn't high risk - said before I will feel safer going to ER than going to the shops or to a restaurant.

Fans should be allowed back in - we have a 20,000 seated stadium - spread them out it's really not that hard.

ScottB
16-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Gosh,so clever.:rolleyes:

Quality patter, just missing a wee Union flag to complete the effect.

tamig
16-07-2021, 01:51 PM

Were they not aiming for 15k STs or something? That's a pretty poor uptake so far.

Chorley Hibee
16-07-2021, 01:52 PM
I reckon it’ll be first come, first served.

If we get 5-6k I also think that’ll cover most of the season ticket holders who want to / can go to this one.

I'll be really disappointed if it is.

Not everybody has the time to sit around refreshing browsers etc, usually mid morning, in the hope of acquiring tickets.

Give every season ticket holder a fair chance to attend a game, and create a system that gives us all an equal shot.

Even if it was to mean you attend this game, you miss the next one for example.

CallumLaidlaw
16-07-2021, 01:55 PM

Not everybody has the time to sit around refreshing browsers etc, usually mid morning, in the hope of acquiring tickets.

Give every season ticket holder a fair chance to attend a game, and create a system that gives us all an equal shot.

There’s not a lot of time for a ballot. It’s not on the season ticket so they’d need to give time for people to apply for the ballot and then time to buy the tickets etc. First come first serve will be a lot quicker with the short timeframes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70

I agree.

I just worry that if we’re only told on Monday we won’t have time for that.

By the time you give people a deadline to apply for the tickets and then a deadline for the uptake of actually getting them and the admin that goes with that I think time would count against us.

tamig

Is this so you can be primed to have another pop at the club if we decide to charge more?

Sir David Gray
16-07-2021, 02:00 PM
StadiumBREAKING: Celtic have been told they can admit around 9,000 supporters at Tuesday night's Champions League qualifier against FC Midtjylland at Parkhead.

Doesn’t look good for our game, would imagine be the same as Aberdeen around 5k

Celtic say they're "disappointed" at the outcome, I can't say I blame them considering they have been given a smaller allocation than Hampden got for the Euros despite having around 10,000 more seats.

tamig
16-07-2021, 02:01 PM
All info here - £25 for adult season ticket holders.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/07/16/ticket-info-faqs-bk-haken-match/

Surprised nobody has mentioned the LFT requirement that they have in place for all supporters - except under-12s - planning to attend.

Billy Whizz
16-07-2021, 02:02 PM
Is this so you can be primed to have another pop at the club if we decide to charge more?

Just leave it, I asked a simple question and SDG answered it for me

tamig
16-07-2021, 02:06 PM
Quality patter, just missing a wee Union flag to complete the effect.

It was a pathetic and ignorant dig. Nothing like knowing the facts.

oconnors_strip
16-07-2021, 02:11 PM
There’s not a lot of time for a ballot. It’s not on the season ticket so they’d need to give time for people to apply for the ballot and then time to buy the tickets etc. First come first serve will be a lot quicker with the short timeframes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hearts did a ballot for the cove rangers game, when you entered the ballot they took card details and when you got a ticket they deducted the amount there and then so no delays. Might be something hibs could do?

GreenCastle
16-07-2021, 02:15 PM
Hearts did a ballot for the cove rangers game, when you entered the ballot they took card details and when you got a ticket they deducted the amount there and then so no delays. Might be something hibs could do?

Yup - not like they have had months to plan this :greengrin

Ballot is the best way and fairest - though would be useful for the club to know when we go back to a capacity that allows all ST holders into the stadium.

Until then all ST holders should be allowed the chance to see at least x1 game of the next 3 or 4 with reduced capacity. Rather than someone at home refreshing the log in page and getting lucky 4 times and others not getting a chance to see a game if they are able to go.

B.H.F.C
16-07-2021, 02:15 PM

I totally agree with what you’re saying. I just think the club will be happy to go first come, first serve and save themselves the admin around doing anything.

tamig
16-07-2021, 02:21 PM
Yup - not like they have had months to plan this :greengrin

Ballot is the best way and fairest - though would be useful for the club to know when we go back to a capacity that allows all ST holders into the stadium.

Until then all ST holders should be allowed the chance to see at least x1 game of the next 3 or 4 with reduced capacity. Rather than someone at home refreshing the log in page and getting lucky 4 times and others not getting a chance to see a game if they are able to go.

I think that's how most of the English clubs worked it when they were letting crowds of 2000 in just before Christmas. If you got a ticket for game 1, it would be someone else's shot for game 2 etc.

eastterrace
16-07-2021, 02:28 PM
Cases in Scotland are dropping now - any co-incidence this is after the Euro football games....

England cases will keep rising after the Euros..that's 1 week since the final...add another week then expect it to lower again.

Sitting outdoors at Easter Road isn't high risk - said before I will feel safer going to ER than going to the shops or to a restaurant.

Fans should be allowed back in - we have a 20,000 seated stadium - spread them out it's really not that hard.your saying spread them out but what if I bought a gold season ticket and end up in a bronze section will I get a refund.

tamig
16-07-2021, 02:41 PM
your saying spread them out but what if I bought a gold season ticket and end up in a bronze section will I get a refund.
I think this has been done to death. would you maybe not show a wee bit of understanding bearing in mind the club's hands are tied on this to an extent? Would you not just be happy to be back at ER again seeing your team?

The Baldmans Comb
16-07-2021, 02:42 PM

What an ignorant British Nationalist. Rather typical if truth be told.

Good news is that Celtic and the Sheep are looking like around 1/4 capacity hence around 5,000 must be very likely.

Ringothedog
16-07-2021, 02:46 PM
your saying spread them out but what if I bought a gold season ticket and end up in a bronze section will I get a refund.

Just give up your ticket for somebody else who couldn’t give a flying…, where they sit. Win/Win really

04Sauzee
16-07-2021, 02:49 PM

Can't remember,was there maybe something in the t&C's?

bingo70
16-07-2021, 02:58 PM
What an ignorant British Nationalist. Rather typical if truth be told.

Good news is that Celtic and the Sheep are looking like around 1/4 capacity hence around 5,000 must be very likely.

Celtic are not getting 1/4 full? They’re only getting 9,000.

I am not seeing only getting around 5,000 people as good news. Just my opinion but I think that’s pish.

eastterrace
16-07-2021, 03:00 PM
I think this has been done to death. would you maybe not show a wee bit of understanding bearing in mind the club's hands are tied on this to an extent? Would you not just be happy to be back at ER again seeing your team?not really don’t fancy sitting in bronze section stuck in a corner with a face mask on.

eastterrace
16-07-2021, 03:03 PM
Just give up your ticket for somebody else who couldn’t give a flying…, where they sit. Win/Win really that’s what I will probably do as I don’t give a flying ….

GreenCastle
16-07-2021, 03:06 PM

Fair point. I bought Gold last season and didn't get any benefits and I bought Gold again this season but I'm happy to go into a ballot with everyone else but aye wouldn't be ideal sitting elsewhere but would be happy to attend...than not attend! Least a ballot you would get a fair chance to attend ER than not being able attend by wasting time on a ticket portal you might not get tickets from.

tamig
16-07-2021, 03:28 PM
not really don’t fancy sitting in bronze section stuck in a corner with a face mask on.

Well don't go into the ballot and you won't have that problem. Sorted. I'm sure someone else will gladly take the seat. Regardless of their ST status.

Moulin Yarns
16-07-2021, 03:43 PM
This doesn't really add much to the debate, but the BBC have tried to understand how the decision is made.

Col2
16-07-2021, 04:20 PM
Now expecting a decision from the council until Monday at the earliest.

I assume Edinburgh council don’t do working on fridays as have been the case for a while. They certainly don’t do roadworks in a Friday afternoon.

So decision on Monday, ticket son sale from Tuesday. That’s really really tight especially if additional criteria like negative covid test required.

Sir David Gray
16-07-2021, 04:23 PM

I assume Edinburgh council don’t do working on fridays as have been the case for a while. They certainly don’t do roadworks in a Friday afternoon.

So decision on Monday, ticket son sale from Tuesday. That’s really really tight especially if additional criteria like negative covid test required.

I think it's really poor from the council.

Aberdeen Council and Glasgow Council can both make decisions today why not Edinburgh Council?

Logie Green
16-07-2021, 04:38 PM

Aberdeen Council and Glasgow Council can both make decisions today why not Edinburgh Council?

I won’t be surprised if CEC grant Hibs permission to have 5151 at Thursday’s game.....

3pm
16-07-2021, 04:39 PM

Hertz supporters. 😉

Billy Whizz
16-07-2021, 04:40 PM

Half day in Edinburgh on a Friday😀

BILLYHIBS
16-07-2021, 04:44 PM
Celtic denied request for 20k fans for Champions League qualifier versus FC Midtjylland by local council and Scottish Government

The match day attendance will be restricted to 9k

PLZ

Hibs90
16-07-2021, 04:53 PM
I won’t be surprised if CEC grant Hibs permission to have 5151 at Thursday’s game.....

What a strange post

Helensburghhibs
16-07-2021, 04:59 PM
Packed grandstands and full capacity at Silverstone

Logie Green
16-07-2021, 05:14 PM
What a strange post

Apologies if it went over your head.

Tarrahib
16-07-2021, 06:01 PM
Half day in Edinburgh on a Friday😀
POETS day Billy.

aarsan
16-07-2021, 06:03 PM
Everyone attending Pittodrie has to have a negative test.
If that's the case, why is the capacity limited if nobody in attendance has the virus?

lord bunberry
16-07-2021, 06:59 PM
Aye you’re probably right :greengrin

Stairway 2 7
16-07-2021, 07:06 PM
How do they prove the negative test result or is it on trust?

aarsan
16-07-2021, 07:10 PM
How do they prove the negative test result or is it on trust?

Maybe by showing a negative test result !!!

Stairway 2 7
16-07-2021, 07:38 PM
Maybe by showing a negative test result !!!

It's an lft test not a pcr the result is on it, so are you saying you bring the test with you?

Stairway 2 7
16-07-2021, 07:44 PM
It's an lft test not a pcr the result is on it, so are you saying you bring the test with you?

Just read you take picture and send in and take confirmation email. Same as England's test events. Problem they had was they were getting someone to do there's if they failed one. Doubt it would be a big problem

Lendo
16-07-2021, 07:55 PM

Nippy? When did Rangers fans start posting on here?

such cringe banter it’s unreal

Alfred E Newman
16-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Nippy? When did Rangers fans start posting on here?

such cringe banter it’s unreal

Oh dear!

Iggy Pope
16-07-2021, 08:05 PM
Oh dear!

Agreed. I find Sturgeon very irritating and call her wee names now and again but I’m sure it doesn’t make me a Hun.

hibbyfraelibby
16-07-2021, 09:20 PM
Agreed. I find Sturgeon very irritating and call her wee names now and again but I’m sure it doesn’t make me a Hun.

Next worst thing...

Silversand
16-07-2021, 09:22 PM
Agreed. I find Sturgeon very irritating and call her wee names now and again but I’m sure it doesn’t make me a Hun.Politicians throughout planet earth always need to be scrutinised to the lowest level, democracy demands it.

Brightside
16-07-2021, 09:29 PM

I’m surprised you aren’t aware how many season tickets we’ve sold.

04Sauzee
16-07-2021, 09:31 PM

Run that one by me again??

Hulk1875
16-07-2021, 09:47 PM

I’m sure he’s talking about How many Aberdeen’s sold no??

vuefrom1875
16-07-2021, 10:01 PM
If that's the case, why is the capacity limited if nobody in attendance has the virus?

Sheep dip.

Eyrie
17-07-2021, 09:36 AM
Very easy to get confirmation of your vaccine status, as I've just found out.

Login - Customer Service (nhs.scot) (https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp)

I had a phone call, not a letter, for both appointments so didn't know my user name, but it was easy enough to register because I had a note of when my first appointment was. The website says it can take up to 14 days for the letter to arrive, but I'm confident a screen shot on my phone should be fine if proof if needed.

EdinMike
17-07-2021, 09:40 AM

I had a phone call, not a letter, for both appointments so didn't know my user name, but it was easy enough to register because I had a note of when my first appointment was. The website says it can take up to 14 days for the letter to arrive, but I'm confident a screen shot on my phone should be fine if proof if needed.

My conformation letter arrived within a few days. So if you’re quick you might get it before Thursday !

Eyrie
17-07-2021, 09:53 AM
My conformation letter arrived within a few days. So if you’re quick you might get it before Thursday !

That's reassuring although with my luck the letter will only be that quick if I miss out on a ticket.

JimBHibees
17-07-2021, 10:31 AM

What can you do if you don't have your username to find out the vaccine details?

Billy Whizz
17-07-2021, 10:36 AM
There’s an option to click on forget username
You’ll need the date of your appts though

3pm
17-07-2021, 11:04 AM
What do we think regarding timeslots if 9000 are permitted?

Billy Whizz
17-07-2021, 12:02 PM
Not getting ahead of ourselves for the 3rd round, but heard Stuart Cosgrove on off the ball today, saying he know of the 6 opponents St Johnstone could draw in the 3rd round. Had a look on some of the wiki sites, but can’t see this, our potential opponents

ACLeith
17-07-2021, 12:03 PM
There’s an option to click on forget username
You’ll need the date of your appts though

I followed that option, dead easy. Fill in basic details, including your first appt date, and everything set up, with a link to get your vaccine status.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2021, 12:04 PM
I followed that option, dead easy. Fill in basic details, including your first appt date, and everything set up, with a link to get your vaccine status.

Haven’t read the full thread, are we saying we may need a paper copy of the certificate for Thursday?

Moulin Yarns
17-07-2021, 12:05 PM
Not getting ahead of ourselves for the 3rd round, but heard Stuart Cosgrove on off the ball today, saying he know of the 6 opponents St Johnstone could draw in the 3rd round. Had a look on some of the wiki sites, but can’t see this, our potential opponents

The draw for the next round is on the 19th according to the UEFA website

5:30 kick off in andorra for the 2nd leg as well.

ACLeith
17-07-2021, 12:08 PM
Haven’t read the full thread, are we saying we may need a paper copy of the certificate for Thursday?

Don't know. Surely having it on your phone from the official site would be enough in this day and age.

The NHS site implies you have to request a paper copy I.e. printing from your record on screen will not be enough.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2021, 12:10 PM
The draw for the next round is on the 19th according to the UEFA website

5:30 kick off in andorra for the 2nd leg as well.

13.00 CET, but cosgrove seemed to think he knew who Saints could play

ABZHFC
17-07-2021, 12:11 PM

A great point, it is something clubs should have been pushing for since last August, but few seem to have

Moulin Yarns
17-07-2021, 12:18 PM
13.00 CET, but cosgrove seemed to think he knew who Saints could play

I guess he still reads the Courier

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/2250142/st-johnstone-europa-league-opponents-key-draw-dates-safety-nets/amp/

Billy Whizz
17-07-2021, 12:34 PM
I guess he still reads the Courier

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/2250142/st-johnstone-europa-league-opponents-key-draw-dates-safety-nets/amp/

Thanks
I’ve even scouring the Kasseisa site😎

Moulin Yarns
17-07-2021, 12:54 PM
Thanks

Easy for me, my 'local' paper 😁

bringbackbenny
17-07-2021, 01:00 PM
Thanks

If you've not already found it it's here

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedecl2021.html

Then section ECL-Q3: 3rd Qualifying Round (54 clubs) then (assuming the higher seeded teams get through) any of the teams on the left hand side.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-07-2021, 01:12 PM
I can see the logic in keeping Celtcs numbers down. Not to cast up old talking points but a lot of their support comes from far and wide. With the right controls in place a full Pittodire or ER could be a useful test event.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2021, 01:24 PM
If you've not already found it it's here

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedecl2021.html

Then section ECL-Q3: 3rd Qualifying Round (54 clubs) then (assuming the higher seeded teams get through) any of the teams on the left hand side.

Yeah saw that, getting confused as St Johnstone are in Europa league, not the Conference at this stage

FilipinoHibs
17-07-2021, 05:28 PM
Yeah saw that, getting confused as St Johnstone are in Europa league, not the Conference at this stage

From the teams Cosgrove read out, everyone of them will pump his Saints.

CMurdoch
17-07-2021, 05:37 PM
From the teams Cosgrove read out, everyone of them will pump his Saints.

Yes, they will be joining Hibs and Aberdeen in the Conference

jeffers
17-07-2021, 05:48 PM
What can you do if you don't have your username to find out the vaccine details?

If you know when you had the first vaccine there is a reset option on the site. After you put in your name, dob and postcode and the first vaccine date it brings up your username and from there you can request a paper copy of your confirmation.

Alternatively if you know the info I mentioned you can call 0808 196 8565 and they will send a paper copy out to you.

If like me you couldn’t remember the date you had your first vaccine or your username you can call 0800 030 8013 and they can tell you when you had the first one.

Pretty Boy
17-07-2021, 05:52 PM
We should just stick a big purple cow in the west stand car park. Adam McVey himself will be round serving pies and taking tickets.

Brightside
17-07-2021, 06:06 PM

The idea that there will have to be a negative test before hand is nonsense tbh. Too much paper work etc to check. Hibs couldn’t do that for 9000. I reckon we will get 4000 with the same set up as arsenal.

B.H.F.C
17-07-2021, 06:28 PM
The idea that there will have to be a negative test before hand is nonsense tbh. Too much paper work etc to check. Hibs couldn’t do that for 9000. I reckon we will get 4000 with the same set up as arsenal.

Not difficult to administer.

Show proof at the turnstile matching the name on the ticket.

Happened at Ibrox today. Happening at Pittodrie. Don’t think we’ll be any different if we want more in.

3pm
17-07-2021, 06:35 PM
Whatever happens on Thursday (numbers wise), I doubt I will make it due to a change in role at work so it is quite busy.

If you geta chance to go, take it. Best feeing walking in with Dad v Arsenal. Brilliant.

H18 SFR
17-07-2021, 07:10 PM
whatever happens on thursday (numbers wise), i doubt i will make it due to a change in role at work so it is quite busy.

If you geta chance to go, take it. Best feeing walking in with dad v arsenal. Brilliant.

ggtth

MartinfaePorty
17-07-2021, 07:11 PM
The idea that there will have to be a negative test before hand is nonsense tbh. Too much paper work etc to check. Hibs couldn’t do that for 9000. I reckon we will get 4000 with the same set up as arsenal.I can't see how we could get any less than the 5 and a bit thousand that Aberdeen are getting, given we'll all be in the same level from Monday.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Hibeewilly
17-07-2021, 07:38 PM
On the BBC website it states in the article that Celtic and Aberdeen fans will have to provide proof of a negative lateral flow test. The assumption is amongst us that we'll have to do the same. Proof of having had vaccinations is obviously a different matter and isn't mentioned in the article. We'll just have to wait with bated breath for an announcement on Monday Billy:confused:

Billy Whizz
17-07-2021, 07:49 PM
On the BBC website it states in the article that Celtic and Aberdeen fans will have to provide proof of a negative lateral flow test. The assumption is amongst us that we'll have to do the same. Proof of having had vaccinations is obviously a different matter and isn't mentioned in the article. We'll just have to wait with bated breath for an announcement on Monday Billy:confused:

Hope you and the boys are successful, been too long since we both crosses paths

hibbysam
17-07-2021, 07:52 PM

LFT’s are utterly pointless. Everyone I know tested negative on their return from London and tested positive PCR. Only around 40% accurate when it shows negative.

.Sean.
17-07-2021, 07:57 PM
LFT’s are utterly pointless. Everyone I know tested negative on their return from London and tested positive PCR. Only around 40% accurate when it shows negative.
They are absolutely pish. I posted on the holy ground thread that I tested positive with a pcr on Wednesday, all my lateral flows previous to that and after it and I’ve done 10/15 are all negative, every single one. They are garbage

Hibeewilly
17-07-2021, 08:11 PM
Hope you and the boys are successful, been too long since we both crosses paths
And the same to you Billy hopefully see you soon :agree:

Here's what Aberdeen fans are having to do with regard to LFT's

Aberdeen FC | Ticket Info & FAQ’s | BK Häcken match (afc.co.uk) (https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/07/16/ticket-info-faqs-bk-haken-match/)

hibbysam
17-07-2021, 08:29 PM
They are absolutely pish. I posted on the holy ground thread that I tested positive with a pcr on Wednesday, all my lateral flows previous to that and after it and I’ve done 10/15 are all negative, every single one. They are garbage

I was the same a few weeks back, loads of negative LFT’s but a positive PCR. Same with most of the boys that were down. First person I’ve ever heard testing positive on one yesterday was someone I work with. Supposedly very accurate if it comes back positive but it never seems to! Total waste of time.

Had to test negative to get into euros games, but all you had to do was scan a test and say it was negative. Wasn’t any proving it.

offshorehibby
17-07-2021, 08:31 PM
Right for the hard of hearing and understanding.

I get tested prior to going offshore and a couple of days later, all property off the company.

So to get into a game I'm expected to rock up at a test centre, knowing I'm feeling fine taking up valuable resources from the NHS just cause i have to go to a Hibs game.

hibbysam
17-07-2021, 08:34 PM
Right for the hard of hearing and understanding.

I get tested prior to going offshore and a couple of days later, all property off the company.

So to get into a game I'm expected to rock up at a test centre, knowing I'm feeling fine taking up valuable resources from the NHS just cause i have to go to a Hibs game.

No, you go into a chemist and pick up a lateral flow test, complete it in the house and register the result on the NHS website. It looks the same as the Euros though and you can insert whatever result you like, therefore it’s a completely pointless exercise.

offshorehibby
17-07-2021, 08:38 PM
No, you go into a chemist and pick up a lateral flow test, complete it in the house and register the result on the NHS website. It looks the same as the Euros though and you can insert whatever result you like, therefore it’s a completely pointless exercise.

Cheers just cheeked back a couple of post and saw link to Aberdeen details. Luckily i ordered up a pack of test kits a few weeks back which i haven't used in anger yet.

Hibby70
17-07-2021, 09:02 PM
I assume the confirmation text/email comes back immediately once you've registered the result if we've to do them on the day?

Imagine there will be loads of folk that either don't read the requirements or have time to sort out a test prior to the game on Thursday.

hibsfan
17-07-2021, 09:06 PM
I assume the confirmation text/email comes back immediately once you've registered the result if we've to do them on the day?

Imagine there will be loads of folk that either don't read the requirements or have time to sort out a test prior to the game on Thursday.

As a teacher, I’ve been doing these tests for months now… they don’t get any easier or more pleasant! If you are considering going to the game and thinking this might be a requirement - I would get on the website tonight and get some ordered. I usually get mine from the school but I ordered some last week for the holidays and they came through the post the next morning.

Hibby70
17-07-2021, 09:09 PM
As a teacher, I’ve been doing these tests for months now… they don’t get any easier or more pleasant! If you are considering going to the game and thinking this might be a requirement - I would get on the website tonight and get some ordered. I usually get mine from the school but I ordered some last week for the holidays and they came through the post the next morning.

Can't imagine tickets will be on sale until Tuesday now.

If a lft is a requirement then Hibs need to get that message out quickly and clearly so people have a chance of getting to the chemists etc. Not a lot of leeway here.

FilipinoHibs
17-07-2021, 09:13 PM
I can't see how we could get any less than the 5 and a bit thousand that Aberdeen are getting, given we'll all be in the same level from Monday.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Aberdeen fans are being housed in only three stands as old stand seats to close together for social distancing.

Iggy Pope
17-07-2021, 09:30 PM
Aberdeen fans are being housed in only three stands as old stand seats to close together for social distancing.

Even more credence then? There’s much more room at Easter Road whichever way you look at it.

Eyrie
17-07-2021, 09:41 PM

That's not what Aberdeen are saying (https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/07/16/ticket-info-faqs-bk-haken-match/)

WHY IS THE MAIN STAND UNAVAILABLE?
The Main Stand will be unavailable for this match as the internal areas of the stand form part of the ‘Red Zone’ which must be restricted to Players & Officials only as part of UEFA’s Covid-19 protocols.

B.H.F.C
17-07-2021, 10:13 PM
Can't imagine tickets will be on sale until Tuesday now.

If a lft is a requirement then Hibs need to get that message out quickly and clearly so people have a chance of getting to the chemists etc. Not a lot of leeway here.

I get that it’s difficult for Hibs to confirm anything given they’re still awaiting a decision. But I do think they could be a bit more open about what they’re looking for and the potential requirements around it, even as a worst case scenario type thing. Just so folk can be on the front foot.

We’re not going to get the rumoured 9k we’re after but we don’t really know what we’re after and what it’ll look like even if we get it.

SChibs
17-07-2021, 10:29 PM

Not aiming this at yourself but how can seats be too close together? Surely it's down by distance rather than number of seats?

Peevemor
17-07-2021, 10:39 PM
I get that it’s difficult for Hibs to confirm anything given they’re still awaiting a decision. But I do think they could be a bit more open about what they’re looking for and the potential requirements around it, even as a worst case scenario type thing. Just so folk can be on the front foot.

We’re not going to get the rumoured 9k we’re after but we don’t really know what we’re after and what it’ll look like even if we get it.The problem with that is the amount of complaining and finger pointing.

Look at the SC final fiasco. On here we had people moaning about Hibs, the "GFA", the SG, etc.

It's not ideal but I think Hibs are right to make the announcement only when they have all the details, assuming that they have everything in place for things to go as smoothly as possible.

B.H.F.C
17-07-2021, 10:53 PM
The problem with that is the amount of complaining and finger pointing.

Look at the SC final fiasco. On here we had people moaning about Hibs, the "GFA", the SG, etc.

It's not ideal but I think Hibs are right to make the announcement only when they have all the details, assuming that they have everything in place for things to go as smoothly as possible.

I can’t remember much moaning towards Hibs around the Cup Final. Plenty moaning about the outcome, not towards Hibs though.

I don’t see any issue with them being open about what they’re looking for. I actually think it’d get them some credit for it. I don’t feel like we’re terribly bothered about how many we get in.

Brightside
17-07-2021, 10:55 PM
So nobody has suggested Hibs are asking for tests?

B.H.F.C
17-07-2021, 10:57 PM

We’ve no idea what Hibs are asking for full stop because they don’t say much.

But if it’s a condition for other teams getting increased attendances, fair to think it’d be similar for us.

Eyrie
18-07-2021, 09:12 AM

We don't know at this stage but, as BHFC has said, it would be helpful if Hibs could give us the heads up on what might be required (eg a test, or proof of vaccination). Of course, the lack of comment may mean that nothing is required.

Looking back on the official site, there didn't seem to be any requirements for the Arsenal game.
Game announced (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/club-statement-hibernian-v-arsenal)
Code of Conduct (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/supporter-code-of-conduct-vs-arsenal)
Staggered arrival times (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/staggered-arrival-times-for-arsenal-friendly)

I signed up yesterday to get confirmation of my vaccination status, just in case.

JimBHibees
18-07-2021, 09:23 AM
If you know when you had the first vaccine there is a reset option on the site. After you put in your name, dob and postcode and the first vaccine date it brings up your username and from there you can request a paper copy of your confirmation.

Alternatively if you know the info I mentioned you can call 0808 196 8565 and they will send a paper copy out to you.

If like me you couldn’t remember the date you had your first vaccine or your username you can call 0800 030 8013 and they can tell you when you had the first one.

Thanks for that. :aok:

erin go bragh
18-07-2021, 09:47 AM
We don't know at this stage but, as BHFC has said, it would be helpful if Hibs could give us the heads up on what might be required (eg a test, or proof of vaccination). Of course, the lack of comment may mean that nothing is required.

Looking back on the official site, there didn't seem to be any requirements for the Arsenal game.
Game announced (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/club-statement-hibernian-v-arsenal)
Code of Conduct (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/supporter-code-of-conduct-vs-arsenal)
Staggered arrival times (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/staggered-arrival-times-for-arsenal-friendly)

I signed up yesterday to get confirmation of my vaccination status, just in case.

Once you ordered tickets ,(Arsenal game), you received information regarding what staggered time slot you should enter .

FilipinoHibs
18-07-2021, 11:15 AM
Not aiming this at yourself but how can seats be too close together? Surely it's down by distance rather than number of seats?

If the seats are too narrow I meant, then you can't have social distancing- the one seat gap between two seats are too narrow. Also, the entrances and exits being old design are likely to be narrow for safe distancing.

CapitalGreen
18-07-2021, 11:34 AM
If the seats are too narrow I meant, then you can't have social distancing- the one seat gap between two seats are too narrow. Also, the entrances and exits being old design are likely to be narrow for safe distancing.

What’s this one seat gap rule you keep mentioning? As far as I’m aware there is no such thing, all the rules I’ve seen are based on actual distances between spectators.

Moulin Yarns
18-07-2021, 12:01 PM
What’s this one seat gap rule you keep mentioning? As far as I’m aware there is no such thing, all the rules I’ve seen are based on actual distances between spectators.

Definitely 2m distancing, and if the seats are narrow then it's just more seats between people. HOWEVER as for the main stand at Pittodrie, it's not available for fans because of the use by teams and officials.

marinello59
18-07-2021, 12:11 PM
The problem with that is the amount of complaining and finger pointing.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a slight heads up from Hibs, especially for those of us who have to arrange travel/swap shifts etc. The council may be mainly to blame for the late decision, though they may be double checking with the Scottish Government as to what is acceptable, but Hibs will have some idea now as to whether proof of testing etc will be required.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 12:11 PM

Me too, it’s easy enough so it’s daft not to.

bingo70
18-07-2021, 12:22 PM
Me too, it’s easy enough so it’s daft not to.

I’m getting my second vaccine tomorrow morning.

Will I be able to get anything there at the time do you know?

JohnMcM
18-07-2021, 12:23 PM
I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a slight heads up from Hibs, especially for those of us who have to arrange travel/swap shifts etc. The council may be mainly to blame for the late decision, though they may be double checking with the Scottish Government as to what is acceptable, but Hibs will have some idea now as to whether proof of testing etc will be required.

I’m aware of the reasons why we can’t be told any thing for certain, though I think it the club could perhaps at least tell us what they are hoping for what the position is now. Maybe it’s just me :confused:

Peevemor
18-07-2021, 12:26 PM
I’m aware of the reasons why we can’t be told any thing for certain, though I think it the club could perhaps at least tell us what they are hoping for what the position is now. Maybe it’s just me :confused:It might be nice to know, but I don't see what purpose it serves.

Maybe it's just me. It's nothing to do with Hibs, I'm just always a "wait and see" type of person. I don't bother or worry about things that have yet to happen.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 12:27 PM
I’m getting my second vaccine tomorrow morning.

Will I be able to get anything there at the time do you know?

Didn’t they say the vaccine takes a bit of time to take effect?
You can ask at the centre I suppose.
Online all you need is your username to register, that’ll be on your letter. Your status might go up to 2nd vaccine as soon as you’ve had it. It should be sitting at 1 now.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 12:29 PM
It might be nice to know, but I don't see what purpose it serves.

Maybe it's just me. It's nothing to do with Hibs, I'm just always a "wait and see" type of person. I don't bother or worry about things that have yet to happen.

You’ll not be going though will you?

GreenCastle
18-07-2021, 12:32 PM
I’m aware of the reasons why we can’t be told any thing for certain, though I think it the club could perhaps at least tell us what they are hoping for what the position is now. Maybe it’s just me :confused:

It’s pretty poor fans have no idea what’s happening or what to prepare for.

Last season was all about getting into Europe and here we are only a few days away and no one knows who is attending.

Tomorrow details will probably be posted.

Tuesday will probably be the sale of tickets.

Game Thursday 7.45pm kick off - think that’s the right time ?

Sir David Gray
18-07-2021, 12:33 PM

Agreed.

marinello59
18-07-2021, 12:34 PM
It might be nice to know, but I don't see what purpose it serves.

It’s more then nice to know if you have to rearrange shifts etc in order to attend. There are only so many times you can do that and the less notice you have the harder it becomes.

Peevemor
18-07-2021, 12:43 PM
You’ll not be going though will you?So?

Peevemor
18-07-2021, 12:44 PM
It’s more then nice to know if you have to rearrange shifts etc in order to attend. There are only so many times you can do that and the less notice you have the harder it becomes.That's the problem though. What if Hibs say they've asked for 10k, people make plans and then only 2k is announced/permitted?

marinello59
18-07-2021, 12:56 PM
That's the problem though. What if Hibs say they've asked for 10k, people make plans and then only 2k is announced/permitted?

I’m not expecting guarantees, I don’t think anybody is , just a bit more info to know whether swapping shifts etc is a gamble that is likely to pay off.

Peevemor
18-07-2021, 01:01 PM
I’m not expecting guarantees, I don’t think anybody is , just a bit more info to know whether swapping shifts etc is a gamble that is likely to pay off.Fair enough. If only everyone was so pragmatic...

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 01:05 PM
So?

So…it’s much easier to be relaxed about something that is having no effect on you or your plans whatsoever.

Peevemor
18-07-2021, 01:09 PM
So…it’s much easier to be relaxed about something that is having no effect on you or your plans whatsoever.And as I said, that's the way I am in general. Is that OK with you or am I not permitted an opinion?

Hibby70
18-07-2021, 01:12 PM
And yet another thread descends into folk nipping at each other.

It's the new pun.

Lago
18-07-2021, 01:15 PM
And as I said, that's the way I am in general. Is that OK with you or am I not permitted an opinion?
:aok:

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 01:19 PM
And as I said, that's the way I am in general. Is that OK with you or am I not permitted an opinion?

Course you are and we all are. I’m surprised you’re bothered about other folks anxieties over the situation but that’s maybe how you are. Sorry I enquired.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 01:20 PM

You following me about now?

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 01:22 PM
I’m not expecting guarantees, I don’t think anybody is , just a bit more info to know whether swapping shifts etc is a gamble that is likely to pay off.

A situation a lot of us find ourselves in and just a wee bit more communication would be nice. Helpful. And nice.

HibbyDave
18-07-2021, 01:25 PM
Silverstone today 140,000 people attending.

Just saying.

flash
18-07-2021, 01:28 PM

Just saying.
We would never fit that many in at Easter Road.

Moulin Yarns
18-07-2021, 01:31 PM
We would never fit that many in at Easter Road.

It would also be murder for whoever is marking Lewis Hamilton 😉

tamig
18-07-2021, 01:32 PM

Just saying.

I wonder what the fallout from that will be. Was there any criteria attached to folk getting in - double vaxed, negative tests etc?

CapitalGreen
18-07-2021, 01:34 PM
A situation a lot of us find ourselves in and just a wee bit more communication would be nice. Helpful. And nice.

Must be nice when all you have to worry about is what time to turn on your computer and log into hibsTV.

HibbyDave
18-07-2021, 01:38 PM
I wonder what the fallout from that will be. Was there any criteria attached to folk getting in - double vaxed, negative tests etc?

No idea mate. Was thinking about that and issues with timed entry etc or maybe just a free for all “take your chances”

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 01:44 PM
Must be nice when all you have to worry about is what time to turn on your computer and log into hibsTV.

Everybody’s circumstances differ I suppose but it’s not been great so far and we are only one home friendly in. Hibs.net is a place for folk to share how they feel about that and it helps to hear from people in the same boat and (relevant or not) exchanging stuff like the NHS vaccine site info further up the thread.
Cue a stampede if it turns out that’s a requirement.

People just want to be at the game, missing a European tie at Easter Rd won’t be palatable to a lot of fans.

marinello59
18-07-2021, 01:46 PM

C’mon, we are better than that. We can disagree without the digs at each other.
Peace.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 01:49 PM
C’mon, we are better than that. We can disagree without the digs at each other.
Peace.

Agreed
He who ****s nuns will later join the church 😁
(In homage to your fine signature)

JohnMcM
18-07-2021, 01:58 PM
It would also be murder for whoever is marking Lewis Hamilton 😉

Clever :top marks

GreenCastle
18-07-2021, 02:01 PM

"Ticket holders will be asked for either proof of a negative lateral flow test taken within 48 hours of arrival at Silverstone or proof of full vaccination, the second dose having been received at least 14 days prior to the first day of attending the British Grand Prix.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 02:04 PM
"Ticket holders will be asked for either proof of a negative lateral flow test taken within 48 hours of arrival at Silverstone or proof of full vaccination, the second dose having been received at least 14 days prior to the first day of attending the British Grand Prix.

Interesting.

JohnMcM
18-07-2021, 02:21 PM

Please, please, please Scottish Government be as sensible as this and allow people to make their own decisions whether to attend or not.

scotiaf
18-07-2021, 02:28 PM
Please, please, please Scottish Government be as sensible as this and allow people to make their own decisions whether to attend or not.

Definitely will not be the choice option for all that wants to attend. Rightly or wrongly

Keith_M
18-07-2021, 02:28 PM

I think you're missing the point.

You said you're quite relaxed about not knowing the situation but the fact is that you have no plans to go anyway, so it's quite easy to be relaxed about something that has no effect on you whatsoever.

For other people, like those who would like to actually attend the game, the situation is very different.

Peevemor
18-07-2021, 02:33 PM
I think you're missing the point.

You said you're quite relaxed about not knowing the situation but the fact is that you have no plans to go anyway, so it's quite easy to be relaxed about something that has no effect on you whatsoever.

For other people, like those who would like to actually attend the game, the situation is very different.

It's impossible for me to miss a point that I made, which was that in general, when I have no control over a situation, I don't get worked up about it - I just wait and see what happens.

I was simply giving my opinion, although it's obviously not welcomed by some.

Keith_M
18-07-2021, 03:02 PM
It's impossible for me to miss a point that I made, which was that in general, when I have no control over a situation, I don't get worked up about it - I just wait and see what happens.

I tried to explain to you why it's got nothing to do with it not being welcome but, by past experience, I'm not sure that anything I write/say will convince you otherwise so I'll just leave you to it.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 03:08 PM

Your opinion is welcome and don’t get huffy - it’s a bit like me having an opinion on the next French truck drivers blockade. It might make a lot of folk late for their work but I’m easily relaxed about it.

Peevemor
18-07-2021, 03:13 PM
Your opinion is welcome and don’t get huffy - it’s a bit like me having an opinion on the next French truck drivers blockade. It might make a lot of folk late for their work but I’m easily relaxed about it.I'm not getting huffy. I have a different outlook on this than other people but I haven't really disagreed with anyone.

I just don't understand people lining up to have a dig.

It won't stop me sleeping though.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 03:20 PM
I'm not getting huffy. I have a different outlook on this than other people but I haven't really disagreed with anyone.

I just don't understand people lining up to have a dig.

It won't stop me sleeping though.

Stop it you thrive on it. Your outlook is great, it’s welcome, it’s lovely. Vibrant and relentless. Makes me all warm and fuzzy. I don’t disagree with it much.
On this one though it’s not at all relevant as it does not affect you in any way at all.

jeffers
18-07-2021, 03:40 PM
Apologies if it’s been covered already but will this be available on Hibs TV ?

h1bs4life
18-07-2021, 04:09 PM
Why the #### is it taking so long for Edinburgh council to let Hibs know how many fans they will be allowed . What’s so different between Glasgow , Aberdeen and the so called councillors we have .
I had a COVID test about 2 weeks ago and picked a couple of boxes of lateral flow tests at the testing centre.
You can get them at most chemists , if you are hoping to go to the game would try and get a test kit just in case it will be the same rules as Aberdeen . Each box contains 7 tests.
As someone said earlier they are a waste of time as they depend on you putting in test result.
Each test kit in each box has its own barcode which is how you register result , if you have a barcode then you can register a result.

Sir David Gray
18-07-2021, 05:48 PM
Why the #### is it taking so long for Edinburgh council to let Hibs know how many fans they will be allowed . What’s so different between Glasgow , Aberdeen and the so called councillors we have .
I had a COVID test about 2 weeks ago and picked a couple of boxes of lateral flow tests at the testing centre.
You can get them at most chemists , if you are hoping to go to the game would try and get a test kit just in case it will be the same rules as Aberdeen . Each box contains 7 tests.
As someone said earlier they are a waste of time as they depend on you putting in test result.
Each test kit in each box has its own barcode which is how you register result , if you have a barcode then you can register a result.

I'm not sure if a test will be required, as far as I'm aware Celtic haven't said anything about a test being necessary for their game on Tuesday night, they just say it's "strongly recommended".

For some reason Aberdeen have told their fans that a negative test is required to get into their match on Thursday so who knows.

B.H.F.C
18-07-2021, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure if a test will be required, as far as I'm aware Celtic haven't said anything about a test being necessary for their game on Tuesday night, they just say it's "strongly recommended".

For some reason Aberdeen have told their fans that a negative test is required to get into their match on Thursday so who knows.

Was also a requirement at Ibrox yesterday.

Sir David Gray
18-07-2021, 06:00 PM

I wonder how they decide?

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 06:39 PM

A 2 times table test seems more apt there.

jgl07
18-07-2021, 06:46 PM
I wonder how the security staff are going to be trained to spot a genuine test result or vaccine id.

In Scotland certificates were not issued when vaccines were given. I managed to get a certificate from the NHS due to inside knowledge as my wife is on an NHS committee and knew who to ask.

This is likely to be a complete disaster of there is any insistence on certification to get into the match.

hibbysam
18-07-2021, 06:49 PM
I wonder how the security staff are going to be trained to spot a genuine test result or vaccine id.

In Scotland certificates were not issued when vaccines were given. I managed to get a certificate from the NHS due to inside knowledge as my wife is on an NHS committee and knew who to ask.

This is likely to be a complete disaster of there is any insistence on certification to get into the match.

Can get certificates fairly easily through nhs website, needed for holidays etc. Issue now is it’s too late to get one for Thursday, so there’s no chance that’ll be a stipulation.

Selkirkhibs
18-07-2021, 06:55 PM

I wondered about that. I've been double jabbed with no certificate or paperwork verifying it. I assumed you had to contact someone in authority to be issued proof of vaccination.

Eyrie
18-07-2021, 06:56 PM
Can get certificates fairly easily through nhs website, needed for holidays etc. Issue now is it’s too late to get one for Thursday, so there’s no chance that’ll be a stipulation.

I flagged up the vaccination site yesterday and the letters are reasonably quick, so anyone in doubt should sign up this evening. As Iggy Pope said, there's no reason not to.

gbhibby
18-07-2021, 07:01 PM
You can get it on your phone. I am sure I read one event was happy if you showed that and had photo I'd.

Pretty Boy
18-07-2021, 07:01 PM
I expect I'm in a small minority but I really couldn't care less about attending the game on Thursday.

A last minute first come first served rush or some kind of ballot, designated arrival times, told to stay in your seat for 90 minutes, a sparse crowd spread out across 2 or 3 stands at best, taking an additional test to get in, stewards taking bottles of water of bairns etc etc. I'd rather not bother quite frankly.

I know we are getting to see Hibs so I should be obligated to get all flowery in language about it but it's all more bother than it's worth right now. When the league starts I might be more inclined to jump through hoops. Until then I'll leave my space for someone who will appreciate it.

bingo70
18-07-2021, 07:04 PM
I expect I'm in a small minority but I really couldn't care less about attending the game on Thursday.

A last minute first come first served rush or some kind of ballot, designated arrival times, told to stay in your seat for 90 minutes, a sparse crowd spread out across 2 or 3 stands at best, taking an additional test to get in, stewards taking bottles of water of bairns etc etc. I'd rather not bother quite frankly.

I know we are getting to see Hibs so I should be obligated to get all flowery in language about it but it's all more bother than it's worth right now. When the league starts I might be more inclined to jump through hoops. Until then I'll leave my space for someone who will appreciate it.

That’s how I felt but decided to go to the Raith game snd I thought it was brilliant to be back. Enjoyed it far more than I was expecting to.

Desperate to go to the game on Thursday now.

hibbysam
18-07-2021, 07:07 PM
You can get it on your phone. I am sure I read one event was happy if you showed that and had photo I'd.

Yeah you can, I just can’t see at this short notice it being a stipulation. Crowds are allowed in regardless of vaccination status so would expect it to be as stress free as possible, no tests, no certificate etc.

CockneyRebel
18-07-2021, 07:09 PM
I wondered about that. I've been double jabbed with no certificate or paperwork verifying it. I assumed you had to contact someone in authority to be issued proof of vaccination.

I registered on the NHS (Scotland) site this afternoon and printed out my details page which states the dates of both my vaccinations and giving me a number 1 status. The only stumbling block is that you need one of the two appointment letters which contains your unique username (i.e. david.br005).

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 07:16 PM
I flagged up the vaccination site yesterday and the letters are reasonably quick, so anyone in doubt should sign up this evening. As Iggy Pope said, there's no reason not to.

You can get a copy scanned on to your phone if you have one.
Hard copies are on a 14 day lead time it seems.

Sir David Gray
18-07-2021, 07:22 PM

I'm also part of this small minority. I completely agree with you, I can't really get excited about going to the football with the current rules in place.

I have bought a season ticket so I will make use of it as and when I'm able to but I doubt I will be busting a gut to buy tickets for many cup games or away games any time soon.

B.H.F.C
18-07-2021, 07:27 PM
That’s how I felt but decided to go to the Raith game snd I thought it was brilliant to be back. Enjoyed it far more than I was expecting to.

Same for me. Been in the huff where Hibs are concerned, since last season ended the way it did, but really enjoyed being back at a game on Friday.

Just Alf
18-07-2021, 07:31 PM

For some reason Aberdeen have told their fans that a negative test is required to get into their match on Thursday so who knows.It feels a bit like the 'grown up discussion' we all wanted, it's dead easy, free and only takes a few minutes to do.... why would anyone not bother to take a test to make sure they're free of the virus before attending and maybe infecting other fans? :dunno:

hibbysam
18-07-2021, 07:33 PM
It feels a bit like the 'grown up discussion' we all wanted, it's dead easy, free and only takes a few minutes to do.... why would anyone not bother to take a test to make sure they're free of the virus before attending and maybe infecting other fans? :dunno:

The lateral flow tests are a waste of space, that’s why. I wouldn’t be expected to take one to go to the shops, or a restaurant/pub, or basically any other place where I will be meeting other people. Testing negative on a lateral flow test has absolutely no bearing on whether you are negative or not as has been proven time after time.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 07:36 PM
I was just glad to be at ER v Arsenal. Didn’t get poetic, didn’t take any tests, enjoyed the night seeing a game with a mate that I’ve did this with for nearly 50 years, and moved out my seat more than once in the 90mins to toilets that were cleaner than normal.
It’s not that different, nothing heavy handed and heard no complaints from anyone. It’s just very quiet.

greenginger
18-07-2021, 07:43 PM
I was just glad to be at ER v Arsenal. Didn’t get poetic, didn’t take any tests, enjoyed the night seeing a game with a mate that I’ve did this with for nearly 50 years, and moved out my seat more than once in the 90mins to toilets that were cleaner than normal.
It’s not that different, nothing heavy handed and heard no complaints from anyone. It’s just very quiet.

Are you meant to keep your your mask on whilst seated ?

Sir David Gray
18-07-2021, 07:44 PM
It feels a bit like the 'grown up discussion' we all wanted, it's dead easy, free and only takes a few minutes to do.... why would anyone not bother to take a test to make sure they're free of the virus before attending and maybe infecting other fans? :dunno:

It's more the fact that for some games it's a requirement and for others it's just a recommendation that I'm not quite getting my head around.

bingo70
18-07-2021, 07:44 PM

Nobody did at the Raith game.

Sir David Gray
18-07-2021, 07:45 PM

That's what Hibs said in their pre-match notes but apparently a lot of people took theirs off when in their seat and the stewards weren't bothered.

hibbyfraelibby
18-07-2021, 07:48 PM

Just saying.

....and the Covid rate now twice that in Scotland and heading further north with the PM, Chancellor and Health Secretary all in isolation. Just saying like.

Selkirkhibs
18-07-2021, 07:49 PM
I registered on the NHS (Scotland) site this afternoon and printed out my details page which states the dates of both my vaccinations and giving me a number 1 status. The only stumbling block is that you need one of the two appointment letters which contains your unique username (i.e. david.br005).

That's helpful information. Thanks!

SteveHFC
18-07-2021, 07:49 PM
That's what Hibs said in their pre-match notes but apparently a lot of people took theirs off when in their seat and the stewards weren't bothered.

Yep.

A lot of people will be doing the same on Thursday night i’m sure.

hibbyfraelibby
18-07-2021, 07:53 PM

Takes 48hrs but they set your expectations low by telling you to allow 14days

Ringothedog
18-07-2021, 08:10 PM
Nobody did at the Raith game.

Their rules where to wear a mask when you left your seat, other than that you didn’t have to wear one

bingo70
18-07-2021, 08:12 PM
Their rules where to wear a mask when you left your seat, other than that you didn’t have to wear one

Makes sense and think it worked well.

Hope rules at Easter Road on Thursday are the same.

FilipinoHibs
18-07-2021, 08:16 PM
....and the Covid rate now twice that in Scotland and heading further north with the PM, Chancellor and Health Secretary all in isolation. Just saying like.

Yes another mass spreader event after the Euro one. UK now has the most new daily cases of any country in the world.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 08:19 PM

It’s best to. Doesn’t stop you moving about though. That would be insane.

Sir David Gray
18-07-2021, 08:20 PM

There seems to be different rules for different clubs with regards to the wearing of face coverings.

Aberdeen's already said that face coverings are required at all times whilst in the stadium for Thursday's match.

Iggy Pope
18-07-2021, 08:21 PM
Takes 48hrs but they set yoor expectations luw bh telling you to alliw 14days

48 hrs in the current post system? Away. Am I sounding like a hun again :greengrin

tamig
18-07-2021, 08:22 PM

I’d be surprised if the rules were more relaxed than they were for the Arsenal game. Especially with a bigger crowd likely.

Ringothedog
18-07-2021, 08:32 PM

So do i

offshorehibby
18-07-2021, 08:41 PM
48 hrs in the current post system? Away. Am I sounding like a hun again :greengrin

I clicked on the send me my certificate button on the app on the bus coming home from the second jag, it did pop through the post within 3 or 4 days. That was several weeks back.

jonny
18-07-2021, 08:48 PM

I ordered mine at about mid-day on Tuesday and it arrived in Wednesday's post.
Not saying it'll be that quick for everyone but probably within a couple of days. If you order on Monday I'd be surprised if you didn't have it by Thursday mate.

GreenCastle
18-07-2021, 09:29 PM
Yes another mass spreader event after the Euro one. UK now has the most new daily cases of any country in the world.

The cases are going after the Scotland Euros peak.

England will go high this week and couple weeks after due to the Euros and the final also.

If folk don’t feel comfortable attending ER I understand that but let those who want to attend go and enjoy it. It’s outdoors…the risks are very low being outdoors and fans will be spread out in a a large area.

Wimbledon / Wembley / Silverstone / Open golf etc…people are getting back to normal with these events - Scotland is being very cautious but with many now vaccinated we should continue to move forward.

hibbysam
18-07-2021, 10:02 PM

That’s because we are testing far more than any other country in Europe.

Stairway 2 7
19-07-2021, 06:44 AM
English stadiums at full capacity from today

Keith_M
19-07-2021, 06:57 AM

Same here, but for the Arsenal game.

I took two teenage nephews to the game and it was great just to get back, even with the limitations.

I also snuck in a bottle of water, so that definitely helped on a warm day.

Hibby70
19-07-2021, 07:12 AM
So today's the day we find out. I'm going for 6,200 capacity with proof of vaccination or lft result for over 12's (neither of which will actually be checked).

GreenCastle
19-07-2021, 07:37 AM
So today's the day we find out. I'm going for 6,200 capacity with proof of vaccination or lft result for over 12's (neither of which will actually be checked).

Will be the same capacity as Aberdeen.

Will the greenest club in Scotland want printing out 6,000 vaccination letters to happen with the risk they won’t arrive by Thursday ? Surely a screen shot of website will do - and like you say won’t be properly checked.

Will the full East stand be open this game ? I hope they open all areas of the stadium and have Hibs fans on all 4 sides.

04Sauzee
19-07-2021, 07:39 AM
Test event last week with 2k supporters went well, we should be able to get 8k and think that's what will be agreed.

Mikey
19-07-2021, 09:02 AM
So the Council starts work at 10am, have a 20 minute break at 10.30am for Popmaster, elevenses at erm.... 11am :greengrin , lunch from 12 - 2, spend an hour trying to evict a wasp from the office, afternoon tea break then prepare for going home.

Will they fit in a decision today?

DIXIHIBS
19-07-2021, 09:04 AM
Apologies if asked already but is the game on TV at all?

Leitherhibs
19-07-2021, 09:08 AM
So the Council starts work at 10am, have a 20 minute break at 10.30am for Popmaster, elevenses at erm.... 11am :greengrin , lunch from 12 - 2, spend an hour trying to evict a wasp from the office, afternoon tea break then prepare for going home.

Will they fit in a decision today?

You missed out the party planning committee meeting at 2-3 in order to plan birthdays, work anniversaries etc.

Juniper Greens
19-07-2021, 09:08 AM
Apologies if asked already but is the game on TV at all?

Not a real channel, no.

I'd imagine Hibs TV will have it though

Smartie
19-07-2021, 09:17 AM
I have had both my vaccinations but have no idea how to prove it.

Any ideas?

Jay
19-07-2021, 09:19 AM

Any ideas?

Log in or register on the vaccination site. You can request a paper copy or rake a screenshot.

nellio
19-07-2021, 09:30 AM

Any ideas?

NHS.inform

You can order a hard copy of your vaccine certificate or take a screenshot on your phone.

You will need your unique code that is on your 2nd vaccination letter.