PDA

View Full Version : The Open

Dalianwanda
14-07-2021, 01:23 PM
Who are we going for? I’ve put each ways on Rahm Thomas & MacIntyre..paddypower give 1/6 odds for top 12 finish

i’d also consider westwood & min woo lee but can’t afford more gambles 😉

lord bunberry
14-07-2021, 04:49 PM
I’m going for Westwood to finally win it.

Jack
14-07-2021, 04:59 PM
Just as a point that might be of interest the ballot for tickets for next year's Open at St Andrews has opened on the R&A website.

hibeg
14-07-2021, 06:28 PM
Louis O for me, he likes his links golf and appears on form.
Hope Bob Macintyre does well and keeps up his record of not missing a cut in a major

BroxburnHibee
14-07-2021, 07:02 PM
Just as a point that might be of interest the ballot for tickets for next year's Open at St Andrews has opened on the R&A website.

I stuck my name in for the Sunday.

£95 a pop!

Block
14-07-2021, 09:44 PM
Ian Poulter, Tommy Fleetwood and Justin Thomas are my three big bets with Lucas Herbert and Thomas Detry small punt outsiders.

Chuck Rhoades
15-07-2021, 05:43 AM

Cheers Jack. Registered today 👍🏻

Hiber-nation
15-07-2021, 06:16 AM
Only one Scot, Bob MacIntyre. That is so disapponting. Lowest ever I think.

Dalianwanda
15-07-2021, 12:09 PM
Only one Scot, Bob MacIntyre. That is so disapponting. Lowest ever I think.

Just noticed that myself. Lots of Scots starting to get consistency on the European Tour plus a couple in the states..Not all doom and gloom 😅

Hiber-nation
15-07-2021, 12:17 PM
Just noticed that myself. Lots of Scots starting to get consistency on the European Tour plus a couple in the states..Not all doom and gloom 😅

I don't follow golf nowadays so I was really surprised to see he was the only one. Good to hear there are more coming through then.

lord bunberry
15-07-2021, 03:18 PM
Is anyone else struggling to follow the ball on the v coverage? I’ve not got a clue where the shots are landing half the time.

hibeg
15-07-2021, 03:38 PM
Louis O for me, he likes his links golf and appears on form.
Hope Bob Macintyre does well and keeps up his record of not missing a cut in a major

Go on Louis 😁, great start
As I said he loves his links golf. Early days I know but I really expect him to be in the first 3 at least

Dalianwanda
15-07-2021, 04:11 PM
As I said he loves his links golf. Early days I know but I really expect him to be in the first 3 at least

He's so consistent in majors always seems to be there or there about. I normally put a few quid on him but decided against it this time. Reminds me of when I stopped betting on Sergio just before he won the masters :greengrin

hibeg
15-07-2021, 04:36 PM
He's so consistent in majors always seems to be there or there about. I normally put a few quid on him but decided against it this time. Reminds me of when I stopped betting on Sergio just before he won the masters :greengrin

😂😂. I know the feeling. I stopped gambling money a few years ago. On this forum I predicted Lowry to win the last Open, and of course he did. If only I put a few quid on him 🤣

hibeg
15-07-2021, 05:12 PM
The big names seem to be struggling in the late afternoon starts, apart from Fleetwood. Will be really interesting to see how they do tomorrow morning. Hope Macintyre can grab a birdie or 2 in the last 7 holes.

WeeRussell
15-07-2021, 05:47 PM

I’m on Spieth (again) from the start and I feel similar to you - although it’s early days I already have a feeling the winner is going to come from those two!

You would think I’d never watched golf before to make such a seemingly naive statement after one day of a golf weekend, but there you go 😎

Dalianwanda
16-07-2021, 12:09 PM
Some round from Morikawa & could have been even better if he'd kept his putter hot on the last couple of holes..You can see the course changing colour already today from lush green to shiny yellow

Greenbeard
17-07-2021, 11:02 AM
Good to see loads of Hibbies out on the course marshalling. :wink:
Scottie Shuffler (55/1) is the only one of my three left with a chance. Souffle and Big Mac are out of it.

Dalianwanda
17-07-2021, 12:36 PM
Good to see loads of Hibbies out on the course marshalling. :wink:
Scottie Shuffler (55/1) is the only one of my three left with a chance. Souffle and Big Mac are out of it.

Rahm my only one though macintyre scoring well today another big round and might sneak top 12
edit: bob’s set up for a great day tmrw…come on get me my money back!

greenlex
17-07-2021, 04:54 PM
Some round from Bob today.:thumbsup:

Dalianwanda
18-07-2021, 02:38 PM
Some round from Bob today.:thumbsup:

he’s doing great..i got 60-1 for him ew..plenty in and around him tho

Hiber-nation
18-07-2021, 02:41 PM
he’s doing great..i got 60-1 for him ew..plenty in and around him tho

Hardly seen on Sky though, typical. Top Brit as well

Dalianwanda
18-07-2021, 03:07 PM
Hardly seen on Sky though, typical. Top Brit as well

Ive noticed that in a lot of tournaments hes doing well in...Same on the BBC page..Thought I was just being paranoid

Hiber-nation
18-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Ive noticed that in a lot of tournaments hes doing well in...Same on the BBC page..Thought I was just being paranoid

It's as if they don't believe in him...I think that recovery shot to 2 feet for a bogey should really confirm that he has huge potential.

18-07-2021, 04:00 PM
It's Morikawa's to lose now. Huge par save on the 10th.

twiceinathens
18-07-2021, 05:21 PM
Just a pity they haven't managed to close down the "get in the hole" morons.

Dalianwanda
18-07-2021, 05:38 PM
Just a pity they haven't managed to close down the "get in the hole" morons.

not much you can do…..