10-07-2021, 09:38 PM
Played basketball in school and hockey.

H18 SFR
10-07-2021, 10:09 PM
Running.

Bangkok Hibby
11-07-2021, 02:38 AM
Rugby, way more than football.

If darts, pool and snooker count I played all to a reasonable level. Then my eyes went! 😲

McD
11-07-2021, 06:14 AM
Rugby and basketball

makaveli1875
11-07-2021, 08:34 AM
Tennis

Allant1981
11-07-2021, 08:40 AM
I was into athletics in a big way, trained with various top british athletes, competed in different countries, my coach was one of the very few scottish athletes to win an olympic medal on the track

The Pointer
11-07-2021, 09:39 AM
Got square feet so never played much football. Last time was in the 90s for a Tartan Army XI against a team from Tallinn. 1-1 at half-time, we were beaten 4-1 as it was too hot for most of our team.

Played rugby until I was 58 (a few years ago now), had my hip done a year later and recently bought myself a new pair of boots and am back playing touch rugby now. Great fun! Have also run all my life, marathons (in the 80s), half-marathons, 10Ks, hill races although now it's just to burn off beer.

Still no 'Xs' in my t-shirt size!

CmoantheHibs
11-07-2021, 11:26 AM
Played table tennis at work on night shifts.Never played for a club but did play in a couple of tournaments when on holidays and won one. Quite a few of the guys played for clubs in their own countries too so honing my skills when I should have been working obviously paid off.:greengrin

Pretty Boy
11-07-2021, 01:42 PM
Used to be golf. Now it's running.

I'm better at the latter than the former.

Alfiembra
11-07-2021, 05:41 PM
Played a lot of sports Judo, badminton bit of squash still play golf but never to a great level in any of them.

Frazerbob
11-07-2021, 06:40 PM
Rugby. Played for Heriots, Leith and Scottish Life.

Peevemor
11-07-2021, 10:27 PM
I used to play a lot of tennis with my mates, either at Craiglockhart but mostly for free at Paties Road. My service was always either unstoppable or unfindable.

Also played indoor hockey for a few years with my pal's workmates - it was mixed and was as much a social thing as anything else.

I did play a lot of football and wasn't a bad goalie (probably because of my height) but I preferred playing inside right or on the right wing where I was mediocre at best.

I've always been better at music.

CloudSquall
11-07-2021, 10:56 PM
I was surprisingly good at Badminton.

weecounty hibby
12-07-2021, 12:29 PM
I played rugby from the age of 12 up to the age of 50. Hundreds of games, would have been more but for Hibs. Did gymnastics, badminton, athletics all at school. Played golf, tennis. Also used to play cricket every summer. I have excelled at being average at every sport I have tried. Although average would be an over exaggeration for my golf

Hiber-nation
12-07-2021, 01:43 PM
100m at school, I was pretty decent. School hockey team for a month which went well until training got changed to 3pm on Saturday.

Hopeless at all racquet sports and golf.

Ronniekirk
12-07-2021, 06:49 PM
Cross country running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Block
12-07-2021, 08:29 PM
I was a great swimmer when younger. Fast as anything and at one time I'd never be out of one pool or another. Tennis was another sport I'd often play on a nice summers day. Nowadays, I'm more likely to be out on the golf course.

Peanut Shaz
12-07-2021, 09:57 PM
Netball when still at school. Played for Edinburgh Schools Select.

Scouse Hibee
13-07-2021, 10:08 AM
Bowls, have played for 40 years since I was 13.

JeMeSouviens
13-07-2021, 03:45 PM
I played squash regularly until my back packed in a few years ago. Have dabbled in tennis and badminton too.

Non-competitive, I ski and climb mountains.

Sylar
13-07-2021, 05:18 PM
Probably golf or baseball.

Played baseball at AAA level in the British league (BBF) and played for a few years when I was stateside. I used to actually be pretty decent at golf, but moving down South (where I simply couldn't afford to play anywhere) followed by the arrival of a young family mean I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 games a year now.

Pretty Boy
13-07-2021, 05:43 PM
As well as the golf and running I mentioned earlier I also boxed a bit at uni. Had 7 amateur fights and won 6 of them.

A shoulder injury picked up playing football put paid to that though.

He's here!
13-07-2021, 10:40 PM
I was into athletics in a big way, trained with various top british athletes, competed in different countries, my coach was one of the very few scottish athletes to win an olympic medal on the track

Out of interest do you know what sort of pathway primary school aged kids today might take if they were interested in athletics? One of my kids and a couple of pals really enjoy it and would like more than the rather cursory sessions they get at school but it's hard to find something suitable.

He's here!
13-07-2021, 10:44 PM
On a slight tangent but does anyone actually prefer other sports to football? By that I mean watching as well as playing.

Bangkok Hibby
14-07-2021, 04:13 AM
On a slight tangent but does anyone actually prefer other sports to football? By that I mean watching as well as playing.

Definitely! Apart from Hibs I couldn't care less about football. Rugby for me, real men, not screaming, overpaid, pansy, cheats.

Edit..the more I think about it, any sport that doesn't encourage screaming, overpaid, pansy cheats is a much more enjoyable watch.

Pretty Boy
14-07-2021, 08:38 AM

Definitely.

The Euros is the 1st non Hibs football I have really enjoyed in ages. Generally speaking I much prefer watching NFL, horse racing and athletics to football.

Sylar
14-07-2021, 08:45 AM

Football fell off the top spot a long time ago for me (though I've been absolutely glued to the Euros!).

Rugby and/or NFL probably occupy top spot.

He's here!
14-07-2021, 02:41 PM
Definitely.

The Euros is the 1st non Hibs football I have really enjoyed in ages. Generally speaking I much prefer watching NFL, horse racing and athletics to football.

Pretty much sums it up for me too. I'm unquestionably more of a Hibs fan than a football fan, though like you I did enjoy the Euros. Apart from that I couldn't actually tell you when I last watched a non-Hibs match (I don't even watch Match of the Day or Sportscene these days).

I love the Olympics (although not so up for them this year) and largely enjoy watching sports where it doesn't bother me too much who wins (ie you can appreciate the skills of the competitors more than you can when you're willing Hibs on at all costs). Andy Murray probably tops any Hibs player as my top sportsman. Also loved going to baseball matches when I've spent time in the States.

Dalianwanda
14-07-2021, 03:30 PM
Rugby. Played for Heriots, Leith and Scottish Life.

The names Blair Stewart, Mole & Poser pop into my head with two of the three teams at that age :greengrin

In terms of sport I suppose it would have been golf till I moved to Ireland then found it too expensive & less craic (just started again last year)..The open water swimming & trail running since I moved here..All just for fun & fitness nothing taken that seriously these days

Lancs Harp
14-07-2021, 08:29 PM
Does this represent a decline in Scottish football? Old guard not as interested, youngsters to a degree never been that interested?

Ive always been football mad. Football and travel my two main passions and luckily sometimes get to combine the two.

tamig
14-07-2021, 08:50 PM
Our school was a rugby school so played for six years and three of my first xv team mates were all capped for Scottish school boys at the same time. Not bad for a state school. My main achievement was a trial for the county team. Also played a lot of volleyball and cricket. Football was the one true love though.

JeMeSouviens
15-07-2021, 10:59 AM
Out of interest do you know what sort of pathway primary school aged kids today might take if they were interested in athletics? One of my kids and a couple of pals really enjoy it and would like more than the rather cursory sessions they get at school but it's hard to find something suitable.

Find a club. Don't know where you're based but west of Edinburgh, Harmeny is pretty active - http://harmenyac.org/juniors/

The Pointer
15-07-2021, 08:09 PM

I don't get to ER all that often during the season (perhaps 5-6 times) so usually listen to 'Open All Mikes' on a Saturday afternoon to keep tabs on footy up here, but I've no interest at all in English football with its hyper-paid prima donnas diving about.

I prefer the physicality of rugby and genuine competition between individual opposing players and watch the two Scottish professional rugby sides on TV and am looking forward to the new United Rugby Championship competition with the top Saffie teams included.

Back playing touch rugby has left me aghast at how fast young guys are these days and while I can still keep going in a straight line for a few miles reasonably well, could never change direction as quickly as these young lads can nowadays. The only thing that rips my knitting is the number of them who have mullets! https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhHQASAKIEAAAAAP9ra/8lJfLy8v///wAAAAAAAAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQJFAAEACwAAAAAHQASAAADaEi63P4wSghAq9hOVlcNYNhtmgK EqEh6Qhu2AiiUDw3MbnvLtFOegMFNJ5TNJBpg8FYpBnRIUyAon A2cut7lM/1gXkftJUV HgliTxkFS05O3UwF6kGm5HTTW5TJm9IeQzAzWiNvchMJACH5BA kKAAQALAAAAAAdABIAAANfSLrc/jDKyYC9NNrAu80V0I0eqFydoKZAdllCoAIxJ7TSZw30zKc3zeL CuwF tqCQsCsekTKlZoNCAT8TEWk7Y2a3I1UXlwu8XmIyGaLlnNNDiv bdHa7ZPbGxgZWfJwkAIfkECRQABAAsAAAAAB0AEgAAA2hIutz MEoIQKvYTlZXDWDYbZoChKhIekIbtgIolA8NzG57y7RTnoDBTS eUzSQaYPBWKQZ0SFMgKJwNnLre5TP9YF5H7SVFfh4JYk8ZBUtO Tt1MBepBpuR001uUyZvSHkMwM1ojb3ITCQAh QQJCgAEACwAAAAAHQASAAADX0i63P4wysmAvTTawLvNFdCNHqh cnaCmQHZZQqACMSe00mcN9MynN83iwrsBfragkLArHpEypWaDQ gE/ExFpO2NmtyNVF5cLvF5iMhmi5ZzTQ4r23R2u2T2xsYGVnycJAC H5BAkUAAQALAAAAAAdABIAAANoSLrc/jBKCECr2E5WVw1g2G2aAoSoSHpCG7YCKJQPDcxue8u0U56AwU0 nlM0kGmDwVikGdEhTICicDZy63uUz/WBeR 0lRX4eCWJPGQVLTk7dTAXqQabkdNNblMmb0h5DMDNaI29yEwkA IfkECQoABAAsAAAAAB0AEgAAA19Iutz MMrJgL002sC7zRXQjR6oXJ2gpkB2WUKgAjEntNJnDfTMpzfN4s K7AX62oJCwKx6RMqVmg0IBPxMRaTtjZrcjVReXC7xeYjIZouWc 00OK9t0drtk9sbGBlZ8nCQAh QQJFAAEACwAAAAAHQASAAADaEi63P4wSghAq9hOVlcNYNhtmgK EqEh6Qhu2AiiUDw3MbnvLtFOegMFNJ5TNJBpg8FYpBnRIUyAon A2cut7lM/1gXkftJUV HgliTxkFS05O3UwF6kGm5HTTW5TJm9IeQzAzWiNvchMJACH5BA kKAAQALAAAAAAdABIAAANkSLrc/jDKSSsEONuHg/9YFSrAZ4LLyGgEIAjfC3sCQNoN3mbw68a6Vi4FGLh8xlgtNbwV XZgkbblzhKLG2kAa8FUvpUxArFRFSqe0VzTOuGXBCdojllEt86 79vsHsa3EbO24TCQAh QQJCgAEACwAAAAAHQASAAADY0i63P4wyknrAljhDciuHReM5Jd FnUau5QWlniCQ8jwKKdzk2ywDtgBO89IABsAfkjbU7TwYJO4IY J6KUelxeZtOMIFNGGwFsc7CoXnEqdackmqYlVRb5N2a3QLV/ B8bYAMCQAh QQJCgAEACwAAAAAHQASAAADaUi63P4wSghAq9hOVlcNYNgpo6O RYSqS5 UJcAgLoHC2JGfHMEAHNo/JEwAMfL1jLUjA5ZpFo6 iBDKdTZTxaBtUe1nKJwogy2zYi2ptTavZZ amTM4g3SaVHbwhgvZyfSwzMyWCHHYTCQAh QQJFAAEACwAAAAAHQASAAADaEi63P6wgUmjVTPoPe8DW8h5DCC c2yloAvC5UoueJgtLNxYAg0n3rFYJlgNNei0eKEAbLm7GAZIHZ AoxDqKGsssEXZ3XUiSi5SBjcup6SatV58iSQvfF5aJ6k6Tb0vd 8GD4qSYFZdRcJACH5BAkKAAQALAAAAAAdABIAAANjSLrc/jDKSesCWOENyK4dF4zkl0WdRq7lBaWeIJDyPAop3OTbLAO2AE7 z0gAGwB SNtTtPBgk7ghgnopR6XF5m04wgU0YbAWxzsKhecSp1pySapiVV Fvk3ZrdAtX/4HxtgAwJACH5BAkKAAQALAAAAAAdABIAAANpSLrc/jBKCECr2E5WVw1g2Cmjo5FhKpLn5QlwCAugcLYkZ8cwQAc2j8k TAAx8vWMtSMDlmkWjr6IEMp1NlPFoG1R7WconCiDLbNiLam1Nq 9ln5qZMziDdJpUdvCGC9nJ9LDMzJYIcdhMJACH5BAkUAAQALAA AAAAdABIAAANoSLrc/rCBSaNVM g97wNbyHkMIJzbKWgC8LlSi54mC0s3FgCDSfesVgmWA016LR4o QBsubsYBkgdkCjEOooayywRdnddSJKLlIGNy6npJq1XnyJJC98 XlonqTpNvS93wYPipJgVl1FwkAIfkECQoABAAsAAAAAB0AEgAA A2NIutz MMpJ6wJY4Q3Irh0XjOSXRZ1GruUFpZ4gkPI8Cinc5NssA7YATv PSAAbAH5I21O08GCTuCGCeilHpcXmbTjCBTRhsBbHOwqF5xKnW nJJqmJVUW Tdmt0C1f/gfG2ADAkAIfkECQoABAAsAAAAAB0AEgAAA2lIutz MEoIQKvYTlZXDWDYKaOjkWEqkuflCXAIC6BwtiRnxzBABzaPyR MADHy9Yy1IwOWaRaOvogQynU2U8WgbVHtZyicKIMts2ItqbU2r 2WfmpkzOIN0mlR28IYL2cn0sMzMlghx2EwkAIfkEBRQABAAsAA AAAB0AEgAAA2hIutz sIFJo1Uz6D3vA1vIeQwgnNspaALwuVKLniYLSzcWAINJ96xWCZ YDTXotHihAGy5uxgGSB2QKMQ6ihrLLBF2d11IkouUgY3Lqekmr VefIkkL3xeWiepOk29L3fBg KkmBWXUXCQA7

weecounty hibby
15-07-2021, 08:18 PM
I always preferred playing rugby to football but actually nowadays I'm starting to enjoy watching more as well. Someone else mentioned it but watching 6'2" very fit athletes chuck themselves to the ground and scream like a big lassie at the merest touch is starting to really put me off watching games that don't involve Hibs now. The intensity and physicality of the Lions v SA games will be something else and I'd urge anyone who isn't a rugby fan to watch and give it a chance

Danderhall Hibs
15-07-2021, 10:52 PM
The names Blair Stewart, Mole & Poser pop into my head with two of the three teams at that age :greengrin

In terms of sport I suppose it would have been golf till I moved to Ireland then found it too expensive & less craic (just started again last year)..The open water swimming & trail running since I moved here..All just for fun & fitness nothing taken that seriously these days

I know and played with 2 of them you named - also believe I played for scottish life with Frazer.

He's here!
16-07-2021, 06:54 AM
Find a club. Don't know where you're based but west of Edinburgh, Harmeny is pretty active - http://harmenyac.org/juniors/

Thanks for that. Sounds promising.

Pretty Boy
16-07-2021, 07:05 AM
Thanks for that. Sounds promising.

Harmeny are a great club.

They also organise the 7 Reservoirs Half Marathon in the Pentlands every December which is the best race, both in terms of course and organisation, anywhere in Edinburgh or the surrounding area.

He's here!
16-07-2021, 08:24 AM
I always preferred playing rugby to football but actually nowadays I'm starting to enjoy watching more as well. Someone else mentioned it but watching 6'2" very fit athletes chuck themselves to the ground and scream like a big lassie at the merest touch is starting to really put me off watching games that don't involve Hibs now. The intensity and physicality of the Lions v SA games will be something else and I'd urge anyone who isn't a rugby fan to watch and give it a chance

As I got older/had kids etc I came to realise that what I'd probably enjoyed most about going to watch football was actually the meeting up with pals/pre-match drinking. The game itself would quite often sour the day! Taking kids to a game is a very different (more sober!) experience and you realise that football can actually be quite boring. It's amazing how little can actually happen, whereas as you say other sports can arguably offer a far more eventful experience (with the scoreboard ticking along regularly).

weecounty hibby
16-07-2021, 09:38 AM
As I got older/had kids etc I came to realise that what I'd probably enjoyed most about going to watch football was actually the meeting up with pals/pre-match drinking. The game itself would quite often sour the day! Taking kids to a game is a very different (more sober!) experience and you realise that football can actually be quite boring. It's amazing how little can actually happen, whereas as you say other sports can arguably offer a far more eventful experience (with the scoreboard ticking along regularly).
100% agree. I enjoy meeting my mates and taking my son more than the actual games sometimes. Maybe that's just Hibs though!!

He's here!
16-07-2021, 10:34 AM
100% agree. I enjoy meeting my mates and taking my son more than the actual games sometimes. Maybe that's just Hibs though!!

I think it's common to fans of all clubs! The problem is that with football we tend to care too much about our teams and invest too many of our hopes in them whereas other sports don't have the capacity to shatter our moods depending on the result. Sure, I'll will on Scottish teams and sportsmen and women but at the end of the day you can usually step back and just accept we were beaten by a better side yet still derive pleasure from the sporting experience. I'd say rugby is a good example of this.

With Hibs my all-consuming desire is that we don't lose. Playing well is very welcome, but of secondary consideration. It's not a great frame of mind to adopt when watching a sport I supposedly enjoy!

Moulin Yarns
16-07-2021, 11:11 AM
At school it was rugby, Ian mclaughlin was the games master and I still have a dodgy shoulder after trying to tackle him!!!

Running, did a few 10k runs and the Dundee 10 miles then enjoyed Orienteering, more brain work than speed suited me.

Smartie
16-07-2021, 11:27 AM

I loved that the referees at the Euros seemed to have a different tolerance level for simulation. Funnily enough, given that English commentators appear to think that simulation is associated with foreigners, it was Sterling and Kane who stood out to me as the worst offenders during the recent competition.

TBH I'm bracing myself a bit for what might be in store when Scottish football starts up again on that front - ie without properly implemented VAR, the course will be clear for players to try to influence the referee again, and for mind-bogglingly awful decisions to stand.

Having had a glance at how it should be done, with poor refereeing decisions at a fairly minimal level (whilst still leaving a little bit of wiggle room for some old fashioned ****housery) I wonder how much I might stomach coming away from another Rangers game feeling hard done by.

And having the feeling that other sports most definitely have their house in order better than we do...

weecounty hibby
16-07-2021, 12:14 PM
I firmly believe that we won't ever see VAR unless it is mandated by FIFA/ UEFA. There us no benefit in it to the bigot twins so why would they of SFA/SPFL bring it in?

Moulin Yarns
16-07-2021, 12:52 PM
A thread titled 'Other than Football' on the 'Other Sports' forum and it's already descended into football 🙄

weecounty hibby
16-07-2021, 03:24 PM
It's a conversation, even though in written form and on an Internet forum it's still a conversation and that's generally what happens in conversations. Now how far of track is the thread??

Stairway 2 7
16-07-2021, 04:13 PM
Its hibs.net not outrageous that a thread turns to football. I bet on train enthusiasts forums conversation will turn to talking about old chuggers now and then, matron

Hibernia&Alba
17-07-2021, 07:11 PM
Swimming

RyeSloan
17-07-2021, 07:52 PM
Golf for me…played it since I was young and have always enjoyed a round or three.

Never been in to club competition but been a member of the pub golf section for decades. Always a great laugh and the occasional weekends away and trips abroad are a great way to spend time with mates.

As for watching sport. Always try to catch the Olympics and Wimbledon and follow the F1 avidly. F1 is totally marmite I know but for some reason I really enjoy it even when it’s often not that entertaining!

One sport I can’t abode watching is rugby. Way too many stops n starts for me and the ridiculously long advantage rules drive me nuts!

Allant1981
18-07-2021, 01:42 PM

Sorry been on holiday, would find a few local clubs and go along, get a feel of the place, i ran for a few different clubs before settling, where are you based as there are a few good running/athletics clubs in central scotland

Bangkok Hibby
18-07-2021, 02:12 PM
It's a conversation, even though in written form and on an Internet forum it's still a conversation and that's generally what happens in conversations. Now how far of track is the thread??

He's got a valid point don't you think. The vast majority of the other threads on the site don't turn to football and they're not even called "other than football" 😄

Itsnoteasy
18-07-2021, 09:43 PM
Snooker.

Occasionally played against Stephen Hendry, IMHO the greatest player to hold a cue. Even at 13 he was some player.

Santa Cruz
19-07-2021, 12:07 AM
Sorry been on holiday, would find a few local clubs and go along, get a feel of the place, i ran for a few different clubs before settling, where are you based as there are a few good running/athletics clubs in central scotland

It's a shame but it's not as easy to get into a good club as it was when I was, in the 80's. There was Edinburgh Athletic and the Southern Harriers, I think they may have merged? You have to take part in trials to be offered a place now and there's a waiting list. I just rocked up with a couple of pals.

Most kids get into running because they are good at flat races. It's only when you join a club you find you're actually better at other distances. I loved sprinting, but it turned out I was a better middle distance runner. I despised cross country which was kind of forced on me to compete in. I was the best at my school's for my age group, but nowhere near the best at Club level. Best memory for me was scooping the 400m silver at the Interscholastics in p7 and seeing my name on the results board at Meadowbank.

Allant1981
19-07-2021, 07:30 AM
It's a shame but it's not as easy to get into a good club as it was when I was, in the 80's. There was Edinburgh Athletic and the Southern Harriers, I think they may have merged? You have to take part in trials to be offered a place now and there's a waiting list. I just rocked up with a couple of pals.

Most kids get into running because they are good at flat races. It's only when you join a club you find you're actually better at other distances. I loved sprinting, but it turned out I was a better middle distance runner. I despised cross country which was kind of forced on me to compete in. I was the best at my school's for my age group, but nowhere near the best at Club level. Best memory for me was scooping the 400m silver at the Interscholastics in p7 and seeing my name on the results board at Meadowbank.

The now edinburgh athletic club was formed 2006(ish), its a trial but not a trial at some, you have to let some know what your PB is etc, although some clubs arent that fussed but the more prestigious clubs do. There are still a few competitions where you can self enter races rather than be selected by the club, my now local club central athletic club are one of the biggest around now, over 500 members

Santa Cruz
19-07-2021, 07:57 AM
The now edinburgh athletic club was formed 2006(ish), its a trial but not a trial at some, you have to let some know what your PB is etc, although some clubs arent that fussed but the more prestigious clubs do. There are still a few competitions where you can self enter races rather than be selected by the club, my now local club central athletic club are one of the biggest around now, over 500 members

That's a lot of members. You might get a further surge in new members after the Olympics, that normally inspires folk.

Allant1981
19-07-2021, 08:04 AM
That's a lot of members. You might get a further surge in new members after the Olympics, that normally inspires folk.

Hopefully, trying to get my eldest kid involved but he would rather be on his xbox!

Pretty Boy
19-07-2021, 01:54 PM

Do they still have the Interscholasticss?

I used to love the day out. Our school had an obsession with everyone taking part so some poor kid who couldn't run the length of themselves always ended up finishing about 60m behind everyone else in the 100m. I remember running the last leg of the 4x100m relay. We had 3 guys from the football team, including me, involved and then another guy on the 1st leg who. was still in the starting blocks when everyone else was at the 1st handover. Think we pulled it back to finish 3rd but the poor guy got pelters.

Santa Cruz
19-07-2021, 03:39 PM

I used to love the day out. Our school had an obsession with everyone taking part so some poor kid who couldn't run the length of themselves always ended up finishing about 60m behind everyone else in the 100m. I remember running the last leg of the 4x100m relay. We had 3 guys from the football team, including me, involved and then another guy on the 1st leg who. was still in the starting blocks when everyone else was at the 1st handover. Think we pulled it back to finish 3rd but the poor guy got pelters.

Aye pre pandemic pretty sure they did. Sounds like the format has changed since my day. We got grouped with a bunch of schools prior to the day for qualification races. They also do schools swimming galas and a diving comp now, they're really good too.

Bangkok Hibby
19-07-2021, 04:06 PM

Wow I'd totally forgotten about the Interscholastics. Pretty sure I won the Javelin 1970 or 71. Happy to be put right though.

Tambo
20-07-2021, 10:14 PM
Basketball and athletics in school. Hated rugby and hockey would always think the ball was going to break my ankle.

Speaking of rugby I do remember about 7 of us had notes from our mothers so we could avoid it so the teacher decided to change it to footbal.