PDA

View Full Version : Moldova v Scotland

jonny
08-07-2021, 01:07 PM
Having fallen back in love with the national team I'd love to see us playing away from home.
I've been to several Scotland games at Hampden but never travelled with the TA.

I've highlighted the Moldova game as a real possibility.
Just wondering if any regulars could give a few pointers on best routes to keep the cost down.
I've tried searching Skyscanner but operating these websites isn't one of my strong points.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel 1875
08-07-2021, 01:26 PM
Having fallen back in love with the national team I'd love to see us playing away from home.

Just wondering if any regulars could give a few pointers on best routes to keep the cost down.
I've tried searching Skyscanner but operating these websites isn't one of my strong points.

You can fly Edinburgh to Chisinau via Istanbul with Turkish Airlines for around £210 at the moment (10th - 14th November, game is on Friday 12th).

There are also routes via London Luton with direct flights with WizzAir.

I’ve no idea what the Covid situation is like in Moldova at the moment though so worth checking what their travel situation is like before booking.

I’ve just had my flights cancelled for the match in Copenhagen in September.

Brummie_Hibs
08-07-2021, 01:35 PM
Really hoping to get back to Moldova. The trip back in 2004 remains a highlight in all my Scotland travels.

We originally flew BA to Bucharest (well worth a stopover), then Tarom to Chisnau.

This time I'll probably fly direct from Luton.

However, I'm still sceptical there will be any away trips this year - I'm discounting Denmark completely and probably Austria, but holding out hope for Faroes as I've never been

bod
08-07-2021, 03:19 PM
We’re doing the charter.company called wonky sheep

Potty78
08-07-2021, 05:53 PM
Really hoping to get back to Moldova. The trip back in 2004 remains a highlight in all my Scotland travels.

We originally flew BA to Bucharest (well worth a stopover), then Tarom to Chisnau.

This time I'll probably fly direct from Luton.

However, I'm still sceptical there will be any away trips this year - I'm discounting Denmark completely and probably Austria, but holding out hope for Faroes as I've never been
If I remember we flew in to Bucharest too, great trip and cheap as chips. The good old Berti days🤦*♂️

Jamesie
08-07-2021, 06:43 PM
Went to Moldova in 2008 on holiday. Try and arrange a trip to Tiraspol, capital of the breakaway republic of Transdniestr, only really recognised by Russia. It’s like going back in time to a Soviet time warp, with the bizarre spectacle of the Sheriff Tiraspol state of the art stadium on the edge of it.

Jamesie
08-07-2021, 06:43 PM
If I remember we flew in to Bucharest too, great trip and cheap as chips. The good old Berti days🤦*♂️

I know quite a lot of fans flew to Bucharest then got the train to Chisinau via Iasi.

Lancs Harp
08-07-2021, 07:49 PM
Went to my first England away game in 1996 in Moldova, had a great time, didnt know quite what to expect before travelling but thought the people were very friendly and nice and it was very cheap. In the old Soviet days, Moldova was the the Soviet Unions main wine producing area and their bars certainly had very decent wine at an even more decent price.

At the time I dont think there was a direct flight between Britain and Moldova, we went via Budapest, although the majority of fans travelled via Bucharest. We spent 2 days in Moldova and one in Budapest on the way out.

Was a great trip, you will enjoy Im sure.

EI255
08-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Went to Moldova in 2008 on holiday. Try and arrange a trip to Tiraspol, capital of the breakaway republic of Transdniestr, only really recognised by Russia. It’s like going back in time to a Soviet time warp, with the bizarre spectacle of the Sheriff Tiraspol state of the art stadium on the edge of it.Read the book on Transnistria. What a place! A good place to go if you like buying guns and ammunition. The place is incredibly poor, yet there are Mercedes-Benz and Hummer garages there... Hmmm [emoji848]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

WHAM
09-07-2021, 11:24 PM

As it is a bit of a difficult one to fly into, we have booked a chartered flight from Edinburgh through Sports Options. Flight only but Hassle free and accommodation is so cheap across there.

https://www.sportoptions.com/Moldova-v-Scotland-2021

Fingers crossed it’s not a dead rubber of a match, and we still have a chance to qualify by then.

franck sauzee
10-07-2021, 05:42 AM
You can fly Edinburgh to Chisinau via Istanbul with Turkish Airlines for around £210 at the moment (10th - 14th November, game is on Friday 12th).

There are also routes via London Luton with direct flights with WizzAir.

I’ve no idea what the Covid situation is like in Moldova at the moment though so worth checking what their travel situation is like before booking.

I’ve just had my flights cancelled for the match in Copenhagen in September.

Need to be careful with this as Turkey are red listed. Even transiting through, if you get off one plane and onto another whilst passing other passengers in the airport it counts as having been in the country