PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths Sent Home

mutley
07-07-2021, 08:58 PM
Oh dear !!!

Leigh Griffiths: Celtic striker sent home from training camp over online comments https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57757971

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greenbeard
07-07-2021, 08:58 PM
Pending investigation into online message to under age girl.

JXM73
07-07-2021, 09:07 PM
🤣😂🖕

Pretty Boy
07-07-2021, 09:09 PM
What was he thinking?

I just can't get my head around how people do stuff like this. Ignorance is no excuse, if you are messaging someone online or approaching someone in person it's your responsibility to confirm their age.

MWHIBBIES
07-07-2021, 09:13 PM
****bag

Always said he was an idiot, but didn't think he was capable of this.

Andy74
07-07-2021, 09:17 PM
What was he thinking?

I just can't get my head around how people do stuff like this. Ignorance is no excuse, if you are messaging someone online or approaching someone in person it's your responsibility to confirm their age.

The stupid thing is he is a well known figure acting like a daft kid.

I’m not sure in real life everyone is asking each other’s ages when talking online. Particularly if there doesn’t seem any obvious reason to.

AgentDaleCooper
07-07-2021, 09:17 PM
Maybe he genuinely didn't know her age, but either way, the best thing you can call him is a complete idiot.

Pretty boy is absolutely right as well - if you're going to do that sort of thing, you need to be sure it's someone of age. He's got no excuse.

J-C
07-07-2021, 09:21 PM
Police investigation, if this is serious misconduct Celtic may well be in their rights to rip up his contract, he may never get another club after this, who'd take the chance?

AgentDaleCooper
07-07-2021, 09:24 PM
Police investigation, if this is serious misconduct Celtic may well be in their rights to rip up his contract, he may never get another club after this, who'd take the chance?

Genuinely reckon aberdeen might take a punt even after this.

Cardinal G
07-07-2021, 09:25 PM
I know it's pending investigation but what a plank, arguably even now Scotland best striker but his desire and fitness has let him down, now this, its not looking good for him.

EI255
07-07-2021, 09:29 PM
I've seen a couple of screenshots this evening. If true, oh dear. Could be an early end to his new Celtic contract.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

J-C
07-07-2021, 09:30 PM
I seen him at Picardy place on Saturday with his big black SUV with kids and missus in tow, he was wearing a horrible designer hoodie/baseball cap and shorts combo, looked like a drug dealing pimp.

oconnors_strip
07-07-2021, 09:33 PM
Wonder what his girlfriend thinks of this? Think there will be more “girls” admitting he has been messaging them aswell

JohnMcM
07-07-2021, 09:39 PM
Idiot.

Andy74
07-07-2021, 09:40 PM
Wonder what his girlfriend thinks of this? Think there will be more “girls” admitting he has been messaging them aswell

Can’t be any surprise to his latest girlfriend.

heretoday
07-07-2021, 09:53 PM
I know he's an odd bod but not this.

Callum_62
07-07-2021, 10:03 PM
The pics I've seen on twitter when he's reacting to her Facebook story I think she doenst look close to that age

But...if you are reacting to her FB story then you can access her profile, where it's fairly obvious you are cutting this very close

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

lucky
07-07-2021, 10:04 PM
He’s a cracking player when his head is straight but this sort of behaviour is not acceptable in any walk of life. I hope the lesser greens enjoy paying his years salary and he never sets foot in ER ever again

#deviant

Lee Marvin
07-07-2021, 10:05 PM
I cant see anyway his career continues in Scotland/UK after this, even if no criminal charges are brought to him.

What a ****bag he is

Pretty Boy
07-07-2021, 10:06 PM
I've just had a look at Twitter and the messages don't look great.

The suggestion does seem to be the girl in question is 16 though. Whilst still highly questionable behaviour that would move it away from illegality.

matty_f
07-07-2021, 10:07 PM
Creepy behaviour pestering young women for photos anyway.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-07-2021, 10:08 PM

I'm sure there would still be plenty on here desperate to 'bring him home'.

Pagan Hibernia
07-07-2021, 10:10 PM
Why would he do that.

just why.

cabbageandribs1875
07-07-2021, 10:13 PM
stay off of Twitter Mr Griffiths for the love of god, concentrate on yer 83 kids for a while instead

Jim44
07-07-2021, 10:13 PM
I'm sure there would still be plenty on here desperate to 'bring him home'.

Nah, if this goes any distance, the guy’s finished.

WestCoastHibby
07-07-2021, 10:35 PM
Clown....

Del Boy
07-07-2021, 10:41 PM
He’s finished now. What an absolute clown.

Baader
07-07-2021, 10:43 PM
Not good. Not good at all. Why footballers even go on social media is beyond me although that clearly isn't the issue here..

Dinkydoo
07-07-2021, 11:14 PM
Having seen the screenshots and finding out the girl is 16, I'd upgrade him from the story the media have went with - from paedo - to creep.

The wider issue here is that a famous footballer feels like they can ask a younger girl for naked photos. It's an abuse of power and something that has to be called out every time it happens if we are to address inequality in society. Annoying that it's one of my favourite ever Hibs players putting themselves forward as an example, though.

Sir David Gray
07-07-2021, 11:25 PM
Where are people seeing that the girl is 16? Everything I'm reading is reporting that she's 15.

If that's the case he's potentially in serious bother.

What a clown.

Dinkydoo
07-07-2021, 11:50 PM
Where are people seeing that the girl is 16? Everything I'm reading is reporting that she's 15.

If that's the case he's potentially in serious bother.

What a clown.There's a screenshot here if you search for Leigh Griffiths on twitter, alleging to come from the girl's cousin. I realise that this is on absolutely zero authority at all and the photograph might neither be of the girl in question

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=Leigh%20griffiths&src=typed_query

I think he's in a lot of bother either way. Character suicide and not many teams (and fans) will want him around.

calumhibee1
08-07-2021, 06:26 AM

The suggestion does seem to be the girl in question is 16 though. Whilst still highly questionable behaviour that would move it away from illegality.

I said on another thread that there’s no way he’d be getting sacked and your last paragraph was my logic.

However, come to think of it, is it not illegal to posses (and presumably request) naked photos of someone under 18? A part of me is thinking if he’d had sex with her he’d be legally in the clear but I’m not sure he will be with regards to photos..

heretoday
08-07-2021, 06:36 AM
There was a Hearts player mixed up in something similar some years back who received pelters on here. I trust no one will try to defend LG just because he's one of us.
Best to forget him.

Peevemor
08-07-2021, 06:44 AM
I said on another thread that there’s no way he’d be getting sacked and your last paragraph was my logic.

However, come to think of it, is it not illegal to posses (and presumably request) naked photos of someone under 18? A part of me is thinking if he’d had sex with her he’d be legally in the clear but I’m not sure he will be with regards to photos..

I think footballers might have clauses in their contracts about bringing the club's name into disrepute. This incident appears to be more about morals/reputation than criminality.

CentreLine
08-07-2021, 06:54 AM
I think footballers might have clauses in their contracts about bringing the club's name into disrepute. This incident appears to be more about morals/reputation than criminality.

You got to hope so but it may be worth keeping the powder dry until we hear what the investigation turns up. It looks pretty awful nonetheless and I just don’t get what makes him think this is acceptable behaviour. Such a great talent but glad he knocked back a chance to return to Hibs

hibsbollah
08-07-2021, 06:57 AM
There was a Hearts player mixed up in something similar some years back who received pelters on here. I trust no one will try to defend LG just because he's one of us.
Best to forget him.

Craig Thomson, not long ago signed for Cowdenbeath after spells at Kelly Hearts and Edinburgh City.

HendoDelivered
08-07-2021, 07:10 AM
Cant defend him really.

calumhibee1
08-07-2021, 07:15 AM

I’d think a club would have a hard time claiming that hinting at a picture (nothing to even suggest it was even to be a naked one even though the presumption is that’s what he wanted) by sending 2 emojis is bringing the clubs name into disrepute (on the presumption that’s still all the stuff that’s come out on the matter).

I’d think they’ll be looking at it from a legality standpoint.

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2021, 07:15 AM
Thank **** he’s not our player.

Jack
08-07-2021, 07:20 AM

I think we had this conversation about 16/18 years old on here a few years ago.

If I recall correctly the outcome was that while the age of consent in Scotland is 16 the internet is governed by UK law so its 18. UK law wins this one.

neil7908
08-07-2021, 07:28 AM
Thank **** he’s not our player.

I wanted him back in the hope he was as he said - a changed man who was ready to knuckle down and focus on his fitness and career.

Clearly pish and he still can't behave properly.

We dodged a bullet.

Brightside
08-07-2021, 07:32 AM

If a man in his 30s is messaging one of my daughters at that age he better be getting witness protection.

Pretty Boy
08-07-2021, 07:36 AM
If a man in his 30s is messaging one of my daughters at that age he better be getting witness protection.

My post certainly shouldn't be read as any kind of defence of him.

If the allegations are true then he's either just a creepy weirdo or a creepy weirdo who also happens to be a criminal depending on the legal technicalities around such things.

calumhibee1
08-07-2021, 07:37 AM
My post certainly shouldn't be read as any kind of defence of him.

If the allegations are true then he's either just a creepy weirdo or a creepy weirdo who also happens to be a criminal depending on the legal technicalities around such things.

:agree:

If he’s the first I’d imagine Celtic won’t have a leg to stand on and will have to honour his contract. If he’s the second then I’d imagine he’ll get binned.

None of these decisions will be taken based on a potentially vengeful dad though.

Phil MaGlass
08-07-2021, 07:41 AM
Looks like he will be signing for hertz then.

Since452
08-07-2021, 07:56 AM
Shockingly poor judgement from Griffiths. Horrendous actually.

Berwickhibby
08-07-2021, 07:56 AM

If I recall correctly the outcome was that while the age of consent in Scotland is 16 the internet is governed by UK law so its 18. UK law wins this one.

Scots Criminal law within Scotland trumps U.K. Criminal legislation....Hence why no criminal charges were brought against Derek Mackay as the lad he was grooming was 16 and therefore not a criminal offence.

Antifa Hibs
08-07-2021, 07:57 AM
Griffiths is a an absolute ******** lets be honest.

The Linfield scarf stuff could've ended alot worse than just a bottle of bucky being launched, tweeting to the Livi player "go back to your own country" about 10 years ago, the breach of the peace at Tesco after choring the lucozade, the Skacel song etc etc.

Even if she was 16, no grown man should be messaging online or approaching a school child. Weird as **** behaviour even if it is "legal".

Bullet. Dodged.

Dalianwanda
08-07-2021, 07:58 AM
The stupid thing is he is a well known figure acting like a daft kid.

I’m not sure in real life everyone is asking each other’s ages when talking online. Particularly if there doesn’t seem any obvious reason to.

The obvious reason is that he 32 and the fall out from not being aware of her age (if he hasnt & if this actually happened) is huge. If this is true theres no defending it.

Alex Trager
08-07-2021, 08:03 AM

I think you have to be 18 to send photos

MWHIBBIES
08-07-2021, 08:09 AM
Best to forget him.

He's not one of us. He's a Celtic player.

Imagine we'd just announced this ****ing idiot and this came out.

Hopefully no one ever posts about wanting him back here ever again.

Heisenberg
08-07-2021, 08:38 AM
Griffiths is quite clearly a ****ing idiot. Can’t see anything but his career, at any decent level, being finished if it’s all true. He might turn up at Edinburgh City in a year or two when it’s all died down.

Hibby70
08-07-2021, 08:47 AM

Our Season Tickets would be going back if we signed him now.

Diclonius
08-07-2021, 08:55 AM
Yeah, I think Griffiths has now officially crossed the event horizon of "too much baggage to take back". Next!

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-07-2021, 09:21 AM
Everyone knows that this fella has had his issues, but this seems to defy all common sense and rational thinking. If you are famous to any degree , Social Media platforms are potentially traps just waiting to be stood in.

BegbieHSC
08-07-2021, 09:30 AM
This time last week I was desperate for him to come back.

Now? Not a chance. I don’t believe he knew her age, but what was clear was she’s a young, impressionable fan, and he was wanting to use that to take advantage. The worst kind of abuse of power between fan and player.

I’ve seen people almost blaming her looking older. Teenagers are all wanting to look and seem older - that doesn’t give anyone the right to creep on them. She’ll never forget this.

Sadly, I doubt this is the first time he’s tried to get pics from fans. So disappointing.

Keith_M
08-07-2021, 09:34 AM
Even if the girl was of a legal age, this is still creepy and unacceptable behaviour.

He obviously has serious issues that he needs to address.

He's here!
08-07-2021, 09:37 AM

He's a born and bred Hibs fan. No question about that. He was also a terrific player for us on his day and his goals were invaluable to an otherwise mediocre Hibs team. His ability as a striker is also far greater than those currently picked up front for Scotland.

His state of mind, though, has always been questionable and his behaviour long past the stage of being excused as youthful nonsense.

Bostonhibby
08-07-2021, 09:46 AM

Now? Not a chance. I don’t believe he knew her age, but what was clear was she’s a young, impressionable fan, and he was wanting to use that to take advantage. The worst kind of abuse of power between fan and player.

I’ve seen people almost blaming her looking older. Teenagers are all wanting to look and seem older - that doesn’t give anyone the right to creep on them. She’ll never forget this.

Sadly, I doubt this is the first time he’s tried to get pics from fans. So disappointing.Agree with all of this, being a terrific footballer doesn't mean this is coercive exploitative behaviour is acceptable.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

MrRobot
08-07-2021, 09:58 AM

Sadly, I doubt this is the first time he’s tried to get pics from fans. So disappointing.

The sly way in which he is trying to get pictures, not specifically asking but suggesting and telling her to think about it is very strange also.

Eyrie
08-07-2021, 10:03 AM

Good post.

The age difference makes this case worse, but it was still an attempt to exploit her.

EI255
08-07-2021, 10:23 AM
stay off of Twitter Mr Griffiths for the love of god, concentrate on yer 83 kids for a while insteadHear, hear

EI255
08-07-2021, 10:24 AM
Craig Thomson, not long ago signed for Cowdenbeath after spells at Kelly Hearts and Edinburgh City.Beast. Always will be.

scoopyboy
08-07-2021, 10:42 AM
Despite his previous baggage I would still have welcomed him back.................. until this.

Too far this time.

A shame but enough is enough.

mal
08-07-2021, 11:05 AM

Age of consent is consistent across the UK - 16 years of age. You may be confusing it with voting age.

neil7908
08-07-2021, 11:10 AM

Great post.

J-C
08-07-2021, 11:17 AM
Let's be honest here, Griffiths is nothing more than a 31 year old Schemie and still acting as such.

calumhibee1
08-07-2021, 11:19 AM
Age of consent is consistent across the UK - 16 years of age. You may be confusing it with voting age.

For sex.

I’d imagine naked photos would be considered porn which would be 18.

Sir David Gray
08-07-2021, 11:29 AM
For sex.

I’d imagine naked photos would be considered porn which would be 18.

:agree: You can have sex with a 16 year old, you can't take pornographic material of them until they're 18.

Kato
08-07-2021, 11:34 AM
Let's be honest here, Griffiths is nothing more than a 31 year old Schemie and still acting as such.Do all 31 year old schemies live life as he has?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
08-07-2021, 11:43 AM
Do all 31 year old schemies live life as he has?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using TapatalkAs a proud product of a great Scheme in its day who has relatives in that category I'd say a resounding no to that one.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

J-C
08-07-2021, 11:45 AM
Do all 31 year old schemies live life as he has?

Live life in what way? If you knew Griffiths or people who know him he's still a chav, pro footballer with a few bob, big car etc but still a chav and this episode is just another example of it.

Also you know very well what I meant by the word Schemie.

BoomtownHibees
08-07-2021, 11:50 AM
Live life in what way? If you knew Griffiths or people who know him he's still a chav, pro footballer with a few bob, big car etc but still a chav and this episode is just another example of it.

You seem to be inferring that all “schemies” live and act the same way as Griffiths has

Kato
08-07-2021, 11:51 AM
Live life in what way? If you knew Griffiths or people who know him he's still a chav, pro footballer with a few bob, big car etc but still a chav and this episode is just another example of it.I cant believe your carrying on digging that hole.

Kato
08-07-2021, 11:51 AM
You seem to be inferring that all “schemies” live and act the same way as Griffiths has...and now that schemies are all 'chavs'.

HFC93
08-07-2021, 11:53 AM

Off topic, but I hate the word 'chav'. Also when was messaging young girls online 'chav' behaviour?

Moulin Yarns
08-07-2021, 11:54 AM
...and now that schemies are all 'chavs'.

I'm not sure a scheme can be a chav, surely they are neds?! 🤔

oldbutdim
08-07-2021, 11:55 AM
You seem to be inferring that all “schemies” live and act the same way as Griffiths has

I think you are inferring that.
I don’t think he’s even implying it.

Kato
08-07-2021, 11:55 AM
Off topic, but I hate the word 'chav'.Am old enough to remember it as neutral term/term of endearment but something tells me it's not being used as such in this context.

Jim44
08-07-2021, 11:57 AM
The sly way in which he is trying to get pictures, not specifically asking but suggesting and telling her to think about it is very strange also.

Is all this still in the public domain?

Moulin Yarns
08-07-2021, 12:00 PM

If he wants naked photos of fans he didn't ask me!!! 😡

He can have them if he wants, it should cure him of his needs 😉

J-C
08-07-2021, 12:03 PM

Nope, schemie, chav, ned what ever you want to call it is used for certain individuals with dubious lifestyle choices that come from certain housing areas. Don't make out jm calling everyone from council estates that as you're way if the mark and dont take the moral high ground as if you've never used that term.

superfurryhibby
08-07-2021, 12:04 PM
...and now that schemies are all 'chavs'.

I agree, generalisations about schemies (I wasn't aware that Leith was a scheme, must have missed that having been brought up there) etc...... no need.

Peevemor
08-07-2021, 12:17 PM
I'm a schemie but have sometimes used the term schemies when talking about a certain type of schemie.

However I've never considered perving adolescents, on the internet or elsewhere, as being a schemie thing.

neil7908
08-07-2021, 12:39 PM
I'm a schemie but have sometimes used the term schemies when talking about a certain type of schemie.

However I've never considered perving adolescents, on the internet or elsewhere, as being a schemie thing.

Yup. This kind of behaviour is found across all sections of society sadly. See Jeffrey Epstein or Kevin Spacey.

J-C
08-07-2021, 12:43 PM
Yup. This kind of behaviour is found across all sections of society sadly. See Jeffrey Epstein or Kevin Spacey.

I never said it didn't, I was describing Griffiths who at 31 is still acting like a daft wee ned, he needs to grow up.

Brightside
08-07-2021, 12:45 PM

I think think the word is nonce rather than schemie.

Kato
08-07-2021, 12:49 PM
I never said it didn't, I was describing Griffiths who at 31 is still acting like a daft wee ned, he needs to grow up.But you thought applying the words "schemie" or "chav" would be the most appropriate choice to describe his behaviour.

Grab the rope, get out the hole.

AgentDaleCooper
08-07-2021, 01:59 PM
Let's be honest here, Griffiths is nothing more than a 31 year old Schemie and still acting as such.

snobbish, classist bollocks. embarrassing stuff, not least because of the quantity of heroes we've had at this club that have come through schemes.

AgentDaleCooper
08-07-2021, 02:02 PM
I never said it didn't, I was describing Griffiths who at 31 is still acting like a daft wee ned, he needs to grow up.

you're attributing his actions to his social class, whilst actually minimizing the gravity of what he's done. being a nonce has nothing to do with being a ned. his actions are much more than just daft - they are entirely to do with the power that he found himself with as a top footballer, and his own absolute stupidity.

Peevemor
08-07-2021, 02:03 PM
snobbish, classist bollocks. embarrassing stuff, not least because of the quantity of heroes we've had at this club that have come through schemes.

As well as, I would guess, the majority of the support.

H18 SFR
08-07-2021, 02:04 PM
I know morally and ethically that Leigh is banged to rights, however, quick point of order, has he actually done anything unlawfully or carried out an act of criminality?

GRA
08-07-2021, 02:07 PM
No idea what he's thinking. Absolute idiot.

Should know by now being in the public eye he has a responsibility to act a certain way. Especially given some of his past indiscretions & being married with kids.

Now way back from here I'm afraid.

ian cruise
08-07-2021, 02:17 PM
If the story was 31 year old teacher asks 16 year old pupil for photographs online people would be up in arms demanding he was sacked, I'm not sure why there seems to be people desperate to stick up for Griffiths or claim the girl "didn't look 16" as if that makes it okay?

The Graham Rix case was mentioned earlier, here is a direct quote from the judge during Rix sentencing "It is precisely because young girls barely beyond puberty are so likely to appear and to present themselves as very much older than they actually are that the courts have the clearest duty to protect them against seduction and sexual abuse."

As a 31 year old adult Griffiths knew that girl was far younger than him and used is status as a professional footballer to try and obtain nude photographs. The conversation about whether it was moral or not is very important here.

ScottB
08-07-2021, 02:39 PM
I know morally and ethically that Leigh is banged to rights, however, quick point of order, has he actually done anything unlawfully or carried out an act of criminality?

Soliciting pornographic images of someone under 18 will presumably be an offence, as would possessing them.

CentreLine
08-07-2021, 02:39 PM
If the story was 31 year old teacher asks 16 year old pupil for photographs online people would be up in arms demanding he was sacked, I'm not sure why there seems to be people desperate to stick up for Griffiths or claim the girl "didn't look 16" as if that makes it okay?

The Graham Rix case was mentioned earlier, here is a direct quote from the judge during Rix sentencing "It is precisely because young girls barely beyond puberty are so likely to appear and to present themselves as very much older than they actually are that the courts have the clearest duty to protect them against seduction and sexual abuse."

As a 31 year old adult Griffiths knew that girl was far younger than him and used is status as a professional footballer to try and obtain nude photographs. The conversation about whether it was moral or not is very important here.

Agree with almost everything you say here. Not so comfortable with the idea anyone on here ha come close to trying to defend Griffiths though. I read some people uncomfortable with having appreciated him and enjoyed his short spell here and I see some people being cautious about what they say because this always has the potential to be a whole lot more serious. But can’t think of any post that has tried to excuse or defend LG or his actions.

easty
08-07-2021, 02:41 PM

The teacher story and Rix story, above, are nothing like what’s happened in this instance. Unless there’s far more to be revealed.

Griffiths liked a photo of girl posing in her bra and pants, it was a photo on her publicly viewable Instagram story. Griffiths saw the photo and asked for more.

If the suggestion is that he’s out there looking for underage kids online, then I haven’t seen any evidence of that.

He’s made a mistake. Unless there’s more info to come.

H18 SFR
08-07-2021, 02:44 PM
Soliciting pornographic images of someone under 18 will presumably be an offence, as would possessing them.

I’m not convinced. The lad McKay from the SNP government was never charged.

Sudds_1
08-07-2021, 02:48 PM

What scheme did they live in? 😇

DH1875
08-07-2021, 03:04 PM

Is the girl not 15 though?

H18 SFR
08-07-2021, 03:24 PM
Is the girl not 15 though?

No.

Sir David Gray
08-07-2021, 03:34 PM
No.

According to Sky she's under 16. Lots of other sources have said she is 15.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11787/12351163/leigh-griffiths-police-scotland-investigating-claims-celtic-striker-sent-inappropriate-messages-to-girl-under-age-of-16

hibsbollah
08-07-2021, 03:36 PM

Epstein actually grew up in Dumbiedykes, brought up on jubilees from the bon accord van and chip butties.

DH1875
08-07-2021, 03:46 PM
No.

So why are the press still saying 15???

ElginHibbie
08-07-2021, 03:55 PM

Cause being able to say there are "claims" the girl is under 16 makes a better headline for clicks and if turns out she isn't it wasn't the press saying that, they were just reporting the "claims"

Killiehibbie
08-07-2021, 03:57 PM

Just turned 16 or trying to make it look worse?
Shocking from Griffiths to give them a story.

DH1875
08-07-2021, 04:02 PM
Cause being to say there are "claims" the girl is under 16 makes a better headline for clicks and if turns out she isn't it wasn't the press saying that, they were just reporting the "claims"

They have direct access and qotes from the girl and her family. The girl says "he didn't ask me my age" at which point someone in the press must have said "erm.....what age are you" or something along those lines in order to check that there is a story. If she is 16 their leaving themselves open to all sorts of legal action by continuing to report that she is only 15 and underage.

Hibernia&Alba
08-07-2021, 04:03 PM
Is the girl underage or not? Either way, what's a man of his age doing with a girl that age? Disgusting.

ElginHibbie
08-07-2021, 04:06 PM
They have direct access and qotes from the girl and her family. The girl says "he didn't ask me my age" at which point someone in the press must have said "erm.....what age are you" or something along those lines in order to check that there is a story. If she is 16 their leaving themselves open to all sorts of legal action by continuing to report that she is only 15 and underage.

Well I haven't see anything that hasn't been using the "claims" line which is what they will be using to cover themselves legally, if they have direct access to the girl and are explicitly stating she is 15 they would of course be in trouble if that wasn't the case

H18 SFR
08-07-2021, 04:19 PM
Is the girl underage or not? Either way, what's a man of his age doing with a girl that age? Disgusting.

From the screenshots not underage. Disgusting though as you stated.

speedy_gonzales
08-07-2021, 04:26 PM
Probably not the right thread, but reading the alleged age and potential illegality of pictures, it got me thinking of when Sam Fox first burst on to the Page 3 scene.
Amazing to think we don't have Page 3's any more, but absolutely shocking when you realise Sam was only 16 years old when she first appeared topless.
Does that make all Sun readers paedos???

superfurryhibby
08-07-2021, 04:28 PM
Probably not the right thread, but reading the alleged age and potential illegality of pictures, it got me thinking of when Sam Fox first burst on to the Page 3 scene.
Amazing to think we don't have Page 3's any more, but absolutely shocking when you realise Sam was only 16 years old when she first appeared topless.

Fortunately values have shifted considerably in the 35 years or so since Sam Fox became a public figure.

Stokesy's on fire
08-07-2021, 04:28 PM

Falkirk

Hibernia&Alba
08-07-2021, 04:31 PM
From the screenshots not underage. Disgusting though as you stated.

Definitely. She's somebody's daughter/sister/niece. If she was a lassie in your own family, you'd kill the guy.

AgentDaleCooper
08-07-2021, 04:31 PM

When you think how the sun treated Emma Watson, you've got to wonder WTF was going on with that paper and society in general.

speedy_gonzales
08-07-2021, 04:34 PM
Fortunately values have shifted considerably in the 35 years or so since Sam Fox became a public figure.

I agree with you, as in it's good we've moved away from titillating topless shots in our daily papers, but there's still an unhealthy obsession with people posting, looking for or asking for risque/nude images on social media.
Does the young person in question fully understand what she's doing when posting sexualised pictures at such a young age. Is it empowering for her or attention seeking?

Genuinely worried for younger people these days as they are very accessible to the wrong types of people out there.

Topographic Hibby
08-07-2021, 04:39 PM
If the story was 31 year old teacher asks 16 year old pupil for photographs online people would be up in arms demanding he was sacked....Different for teachers who are in a position of trust with pupils irrespective of age. Teachers asking 18 y.o. pupil for photographs do not have a leg to stand on and can expect to be dismissed. Age is not the issue, its the action.

If Griffiths was a teacher (shudder...), he can expect his jotters.

JohnM1875
08-07-2021, 04:48 PM
Different for teachers who are in a position of trust with pupils irrespective of age. Teachers asking 18 y.o. pupil for photographs do not have a leg to stand on and can expect to be dismissed. Age is not the issue, its the action.

Professional footballers are role models to kids, and that's what she is a child.

Let's be completely honest, the main reason Leigh will be getting attention from women is cause he's a professional footballer. It's 100% an abuse of status.

ian cruise
08-07-2021, 04:48 PM
Different for teachers who are in a position of trust with pupils irrespective of age. Teachers asking 18 y.o. pupil for photographs do not have a leg to stand on and can expect to be dismissed. Age is not the issue, its the action.

Footballers are likely to have terms in contracts about not bringing the club name in to disrepute, which this definitely seems to fall under. Footballers, whether they like it or not, are considered role models and their celebrity status comes with an element of influence over fans, therefore an element of trust. We shouldn't be excusing an adult in their thirties from asking a teenager for nude photographs just because of their occupation.

I would also question why he was asking for them, let's be honest here nude photos are pretty easily found online. The only reason he's starting that conversation is to lead to something else.

calumhibee1
08-07-2021, 04:53 PM
Footballers are likely to have terms in contracts about not bringing the club name in to disrepute, which this definitely seems to fall under. Footballers, whether they like it or not, are considered role models and their celebrity status comes with an element of influence over fans, therefore an element of trust. We shouldn't be excusing an adult in their thirties from asking a teenager for nude photographs just because of their occupation.

I would also question why he was asking for them, let's be honest here nude photos are pretty easily found online. The only reason he's starting that conversation is to lead to something else.

I’d imagine it would be hard to argue legally that his choice of ladies brings the clubs name into disrepute unless there’s a legality issue around what he’s done (which I suspect there is).

If he had been having sex with a 16 year old, whilst it would be wrong to most of us, that’s more to do with our personal moral compass. It would be perfectly legal and I doubt the club would have a leg to stand on had they sacked him for it. The issue here will of course be the fact that soliciting naked pictures of a girl under 18 years of age is most likely illegal.

calumhibee1
08-07-2021, 04:55 PM
I agree with you, as in it's good we've moved away from titillating topless shots in our daily papers, but there's still an unhealthy obsession with people posting, looking for or asking for risque/nude images on social media.
Does the young person in question fully understand what she's doing when posting sexualised pictures at such a young age. Is it empowering for her or attention seeking?

Genuinely worried for younger people these days as they are very accessible to the wrong types of people out there.

Websites like onlyfans make these sort of things ten times worse.

Whilst some will claim it puts the girls in a position of power and they get to earn money from it it really isn’t much different to creepy 40 year old guys requesting the very same pictures. They just pay for it.

superfurryhibby
08-07-2021, 04:55 PM

I share your concerns around the challenges for young people who have to navigate the social media minefield in an era where (hard core) porn is so accessible. I worked in sexual health services for teenagers 25 years ago and I have heard some horror stories from people still working in that field around the expectations on young women.

In my teens (1970's) it was all airbrushed out and pretty tame (based on the mags one occasionally found stashed down the woods or the like. I'm sure there was other stuff available, but it wasn't like now.

Since452
08-07-2021, 04:56 PM

Like somebody else said, whether it's illegal or not , if it was my 16 year old daughter I'd end up in serious trouble if a guy his age was messaging her. Very questionable behaviour. If she was younger he's Donald Ducked.

H18 SFR
08-07-2021, 05:01 PM
Definitely. She's somebody's daughter/sister/niece. If she was a lassie in your own family, you'd kill the guy.

Quite frankly, I wouldn’t kill anybody.

Highwayman
08-07-2021, 05:06 PM
Which Last Chance Saloon is Leigh Griffiths in this time ?

tamig
08-07-2021, 05:16 PM
Like somebody else said, whether it's illegal or not , if it was my 16 year old daughter I'd end up in serious trouble if a guy his age was messaging her. Very questionable behaviour. If she was younger he's Donald Ducked.

I think I’d be having a word with my daughter first asking why she was posting such pish publically.

Hibernia&Alba
08-07-2021, 05:21 PM
Quite frankly, I wouldn’t kill anybody.

I wasn't speaking literally, but any father/uncle/big brother would find it difficult to restrain himself, if they got their hands on him. He's twice her age, it's appalling.

ian cruise
08-07-2021, 05:25 PM
I think I’d be having a word with my daughter first asking why she was posting such pish publically.

As a society we need to get past the attitude of allowing men's bad behaviour to be justified based on what women chose to (or not to) wear. It's that sort of culture which has girls being sent home from school for wearing inappropriate clothing (in the US they classify that as bare shoulders or a v neck in some instances) and boys/men using the old "she was asking for it, look how she dressed" attitude.

Bridge hibs
08-07-2021, 05:30 PM
Does that make all Sun readers paedos???I think whats more concerning is that Sam Foxs Dad was her Manager at the time. Going back further, Tennents Lovlies on beer cans to draw the males in. Latterly, the Daily Star, Sunday Sport etc to get the male hormones racing, that was acceptable at the time and permitted by Governments past

I dont do twitter nor very seldom venture onto Facebook or Bebo (Im old school) but Griffiths, ffs, no words !!

Since452
08-07-2021, 05:31 PM

Youngsters make mistakes. Men in their 30's should have learned from theirs.

Pretty Boy
08-07-2021, 05:47 PM

The Daily Star had a countdown for another glamour model who's name escapes me. For the weeks before she turned 16 they had her getting steadily closer to undress before revealing all on her 16th birthday. Let that sink in, a national newspaper featured a 15 year old girl counting down until she could legally show the nation her breasts. Thank **** the world has largely moved on.

I always remember after the 'Paedogeddon' episode of Brass Eye both the Mail and Star were in uproar. The Mail ran their outrage alongside Prince Andrews daughters in bikinis, both were pre teens. The Star went further and ran the story alongside a picture of Charlotte Church, 15 at the time, with the headline 'she's a big girl now'. Not all that long ago The Mail also ran a picture of Kendall Jenner with the tag line 'hard to believe she's only 16' before marvelling at her 'curves' and 'model looks'.

I doubt many people need lectured by the gutter press on morality. They are quite happy to take the lead on sexualising teens and children when it suits them.

Pretty Boy
08-07-2021, 05:49 PM

Teenager make daft mistakes that can be forgiven.

A guy in his 30s should know much better.

The girl is a victim in all this regardless of how sexually aware she is.

Hibernia&Alba
08-07-2021, 05:59 PM

Yes, manipulated by a man twice her age who wanted dirty pictures. Horrendous.

frankhibs
08-07-2021, 06:29 PM
I do not condone his actions at all. I raise Griffiths apparent mental Heath issues the past few years which have been well documented. There's not many people who don't haves MH issues to some degree.going back to our childhood. No matter what $ bring it doesn't change your makeup and ability to be a healthy person.

We have seen a number of "stars" fall of the wagon and do inexcusable actions far worse. I'm not surprised as I've been concerned about his antics the past few years and his inability to get fit both physically and mentality!
Griffiths has issues that require therapy maybe he will learn from this and get help!

His talent is unquestionable and we missed the man he could be at the Euros!
the properQUOTE=calumhibee1;6614318]Websites like onlyfans make these sort of things ten times worse.

Whilst some will claim it puts the girls in a position of power and they get to earn money from it it really isn’t much different to creepy 40 year old guys requesting the very same pictures. They just pay for it.[/QUO

tamig
08-07-2021, 06:34 PM

Perhaps so. However, I’d like to think I can influence my daughter’s behaviour to an extent so she doesn’t expose herself to such predatory behaviour online. My initial response was to the posts indicating they’d not hesitate to give LG a battering if he was coming on to their kids. My first instinct would be to discuss things with my daughter.

Bridge hibs
08-07-2021, 06:54 PM
I do not condone his actions at all. I raise Griffiths apparent mental Heath issues the past few years which have been well documented. There's not many people who don't haves MH issues to some degree.going back to our childhood. No matter what $ bring it doesn't change your makeup and ability to be a healthy person.

We have seen a number of "stars" fall of the wagon and do inexcusable actions far worse. I'm not surprised as I've been concerned about his antics the past few years and his inability to get fit both physically and mentality!
Griffiths has issues that require therapy maybe he will learn from this and get help!

His talent is unquestionable and we missed the man he could be at the Euros!
the properQUOTE=calumhibee1;6614318]Websites like onlyfans make these sort of things ten times worse.

Whilst some will claim it puts the girls in a position of power and they get to earn money from it it really isn’t much different to creepy 40 year old guys requesting the very same pictures. They just pay for it.[/QUOWhat he done or was alleged to have done is nothing to do with mental health issues (In my opinion) he appears and has declared himself to be fit and ready to go for this season coming in which he has confirmed his paymasters and new Manager to pay him a healthy salary for a year, a contract many a footballer would die for.

I totally get the mental issues surrounding footballers, sportsmen & women but that card, if was used by Griffiths in his or his Agents defence, stinks. He is going to admit to being an absolute dickhead and plead his forgiveness, what comes thereafter, who the **** knows, what a mess eh

Peevemor
08-07-2021, 07:08 PM
Perhaps so. However, I’d like to think I can influence my daughter’s behaviour to an extent so she doesn’t expose herself to such predatory behaviour online. My initial response was to the posts indicating they’d not hesitate to give LG a battering if he was coming on to their kids. My first instinct would be to discuss things with my daughter.

Same here.

Smartie
08-07-2021, 07:11 PM

I have a daughter (much younger than the girl in this case) and my instinct tells me that I’d be going through her long before I’d even be thinking about Griffiths.

The minute she’s 18 she’s free to do what she likes, but until then everyone around her (including me) has a role to play in teaching her to understand that the internet is full of absolute weirdos who can be goaded into all sorts of actions.

People need to take responsibility for their actions. Griffiths certainly should and he’s let himself down yet again. But girls have a responsibility too, especially as they can appear sexually attractive to some people from an early age.

I don’t think you can write off that responsibility and pin this all on Griffiths, and I speak as someone who is in the early stages of teaching a toddler about the difference between right and wrong and about various dangers that exist in life.

Brightside
08-07-2021, 07:14 PM

That’s the wrong outlook on this.

Smartie
08-07-2021, 07:28 PM

I beg to differ, particularly in the context of what actions concerned male relatives should or shouldn’t be taking.

Do you think 15/16 year old girls should be posting pictures of themselves in their underwear on the internet? I don’t.

Doing so can lead to all sorts of horrific consequences. Fortunately for her, in this instance the most serious consequences will be that she’s ruined an idiot who clearly hasn’t learned any lessons from previous online misdemeanours.They could have been much, much worse for her, although I’d expect that even this whole furore will have a detrimental effect on her.

matty_f
08-07-2021, 07:30 PM

:agree:

brog
08-07-2021, 07:30 PM
I really hesitate to join this conversation but is it possible we could wait until all the facts are known and verified before rushing to judgement, on either LG or the young person?

matty_f
08-07-2021, 07:31 PM
I beg to differ, particularly in the context of what actions concerned male relatives should or shouldn’t be taking.

Do you think 15/16 year old girls should be posting pictures of themselves in their underwear on the internet? I don’t.

Doing so can lead to all sorts of horrific consequences. Fortunately for her, in this instance the most serious consequences will be that she’s ruined an idiot who clearly hasn’t learned any lessons from previous online misdemeanours.They could have been much, much worse for her, although I’d expect that even this whole furore will have a detrimental effect on her.
None of those consequences happen if the guy isn’t a creep.

Smartie
08-07-2021, 07:32 PM
I really hesitate to join this conversation but is it possible we could wait until all the facts are known and verified before rushing to judgement, on either LG or the young person?

That would be sensible - “pending investigation”, innocent until proven guilty etc.

Although - are we ever likely to know the full story?

hibbysam
08-07-2021, 07:36 PM
None of those consequences happen if the guy isn’t a creep.

I’d still be having words with my daughter. Nothing good is going to come of a 15 year old plastering herself all over the internet. Someone mentioned only fans, at least the individual is old enough at that point and it’s an industry, whether we like it or not. Plenty men frequent strip clubs, that’s just the online alternative.

As for waiting for whole story to come out, regardless of her age (over or under legal age) it’s still seriously creepy, and when you have a decent Mrs and kids, earning a decent whack from football, it begs the question as to why you’d even want to try that. Makes zero sense!

Pretty Boy
08-07-2021, 07:37 PM

I don't think anyone would dispute that there is a parental responsibility to make our children aware of the dangers of the choices they make.

I suppose we are all different but my 1st instinct would be to make sure my daughter was OK, knew I was supportive of her and was clear I wasn't judging her for doing something thousands of young girls do every day rather than any desire to 'go through' her.

I daresay there would be difficult conversations but I'm just about young enough to remember the stupid things I did in my teens and beyond. I didn't really respond to anger or lectures and I doubt kids these days are much different.

Bridge hibs
08-07-2021, 07:38 PM
I really hesitate to join this conversation but is it possible we could wait until all the facts are known and verified before rushing to judgement, on either LG or the young person?The facts of the discussion /exchange that are all over social media, in the press, the ones celtic are aware of that are enough to send him back home from a training camp, his club have suspended him and Police are potentially awaiting evidence, what facts are you waiting on ?

Smartie
08-07-2021, 07:43 PM
The facts of the discussion /exchange that are all over social media, in the press, the ones celtic are aware of that are enough to send him back home from a training camp, his club have suspended him and Police are potentially awaiting evidence, what facts are you waiting on ?

I’d say stuff like whether or not he was aware of her age.

A 31 year old guy who is in a relationship, has kids and is in the public eye wanting more pictures of a lassie who was posting scantily clad pictures of herself on the internet is creepy af but it happens everywhere. Footballers especially are notorious for their indiscretions.

Pursuing someone he knew was that age is altogether more sinister.

DH1875
08-07-2021, 07:43 PM
The facts of the discussion /exchange that are all over social media, in the press, the ones celtic are aware of that are enough to send him back home from a training camp, his club have suspended him and Police are potentially awaiting evidence, what facts are you waiting on ?

Is the girl 15 or 16. Shouldn't make a difference but in reality, it makes a huge difference in cases like this.

Itsnoteasy
08-07-2021, 07:50 PM

Don't think Craig Thomson of the Hertz was ever forgiven.

brog
08-07-2021, 07:50 PM

Pretty much all of them. Innocent people have been hanged but you think the "police potentially awaiting evidence" is sufficient to make a judgement?

Pretty Boy
08-07-2021, 07:55 PM
Don't think Craig Thomson of the Hertz was ever forgiven.

He was making sexual advances on a 12 year old. That's not comparable to a 15/16 year old showing off by posting a picture in their underwear on Instagram.

AltheHibby
08-07-2021, 07:57 PM
I’d still be having words with my daughter. Nothing good is going to come of a 15 year old plastering herself all over the internet. Someone mentioned only fans, at least the individual is old enough at that point and it’s an industry, whether we like it or not. Plenty men frequent strip clubs, that’s just the online alternative.

As for waiting for whole story to come out, regardless of her age (over or under legal age) it’s still seriously creepy, and when you have a decent Mrs and kids, earning a decent whack from football, it begs the question as to why you’d even want to try that. Makes zero sense!

There was an article on the BBC a short while back that talked about how easy it was for under age girls to get on to Only Fans. It was scary how easily they got around the security using, for example, older sisters' passports.

Bridge hibs
08-07-2021, 08:25 PM
Pretty much all of them. Innocent people have been hanged but you think the "police potentially awaiting evidence" is sufficient to make a judgement?No, but its clear enough that he has commited a breach, whether against club principals or against the law, its all over social media, so again, what facts are you looking for given his and hers exchanges are in the public eye ? If it was something over nothing that would be the end of it, that doesnt appear to be the case. Will be interesting to hear Leighs side of the story

brog
08-07-2021, 08:34 PM
No, but its clear enough that he has commited a breach, whether against club principals or against the law, its all over social media, so again, what facts are you looking for given his and hers exchanges are in the public eye ? If it was something over nothing that would be the end of it, that doesnt appear to be the case. Will be interesting to hear Leighs side of the story

Again, something being all over social media doesn't make it a fact. Personally I think this thread should be closed.

Glass half full
08-07-2021, 08:43 PM
Safeguarding / Child Protection policy for a club will be similar to any education setting that are involved with young people up to 18.

Once an allegation has been made, the member of staff is immediately suspended, without prejudice, until the matter is investigated. You pass on the information and let the relevant authorities investigate, you never do it yourself

Training is simple

Nothing is more important than Child Protection

Would also add, that not all children live in the type of home environment you want to send them home to. Worked with children showing those behaviours at a far younger age.

tamig
08-07-2021, 08:45 PM

So what is the correct outlook? If you’d read my subsequent post I explained that my initial response would be to discuss things with my daughter rather than sending the heavy mob round to LG’s place with baseball bats. How would you deal with it?

AgentDaleCooper
08-07-2021, 09:03 PM
So what is the correct outlook? If you’d read my subsequent post I explained that my initial response would be to discuss things with my daughter rather than sending the heavy mob round to LG’s place with baseball bats. How would you deal with it?

This is a very confused response...have the girl's parents sent the heavies round for LG? Even if they have...do you know whether they have spoken to her about this?

It seems like you're basically deflecting away from Leigh's responsibility in all this by making some weird and tenuous speculations about how the girl's family might have reacted.

Leigh is the one who needs to be held to account, and to suggest otherwise is certainly the wrong way to be looking at this. The girl's actions are a matter for herself and parents. Leigh's actions are a matter for the police, his club, and to some extent, all those who have emotionally invested in his career, including some young people who have looked up to him.

Bridge hibs
08-07-2021, 09:08 PM
Again, something being all over social media doesn't make it a fact. Personally I think this thread should be closed.His, Leighs words, his exchange with a minor, again, what facts are you looking for, the account has been verified as his, celtic wouldnt have sent him up the road/suspended him without proof, or his word/dialogue. Will be interesting to read your view after Leigh gives his side

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2021, 09:14 PM
His, Leighs words, his exchange with a minor, again, what facts are you looking for, the account has been verified as his, celtic wouldnt have sent him up the road/suspended him without proof, or his word/dialogue. Will be interesting to read your view after Leigh gives his side

As mentioned above, they have suspended him because that's their responsibility under safeguarding protocols. They don't need to have proof.

EH6 Hibby
08-07-2021, 09:15 PM

Educate men not to be creeps maybe?

So much victim blaming on this thread it’s unreal. Not just aimed at you.

Bridge hibs
08-07-2021, 09:25 PM
As mentioned above, they have suspended him because that's their responsibility under safeguarding protocols. They don't need to have proof.Yes I know that, but the innocent folk have been hanged stuff, its his ‘Leighs’ twitter account, its his exchange with a minor, what facts are needed ? Ive read what everyone else has read in this exchange

Andy74
08-07-2021, 09:34 PM
Educate men not to be creeps maybe?

So much victim blaming on this thread it’s unreal. Not just aimed at you.

That’s a wee bit divorced from the current reality.

Have you ever spent any time looking at what goes on in the likes of Instagram?

It’s not for me but with a teenage daughter I do need to be aware of what she spends time looking at.

Leigh is I suppose still a young man compared to me anyway and this is how people interact on these sites.

Girls of all ages are, I’m afraid, not shy in very obviously sexualising themselves. That’s not victim blaming, that’s what is happening.

Of course young men respond.

I think people are just contextualising that the girl had shared pictures of herself in her underwear, and she did not look underage. That’s perfectly reasonable mitigation for someone interacting with her, which was really to the extent of asking for more pictures.

He can be criticised for not realising that as a football player this sort of interaction is going to become public and then also because he has a girlfriend, but that’s for those two to work out.

The suggestion that this type of interaction is any way unusual for guys his age is a bit naive. I also don’t think he was in any way targeting a child. He had no reason to be asking about her age. Again that’s not the reality of interactions on social media, particularly with people who have shared images in the way she did initially.

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2021, 09:37 PM
Yes I know that, but the innocent folk have been hanged stuff, its his ‘Leighs’ twitter account, its his exchange with a minor, what facts are needed ? Ive read what everyone else has read in this exchange

You said it yourself...his side of the story.

Until it's properly and professionally investigated, all we have is trial by media.

Just as a suggestion, for example, we can't know that it was him that sent the messages.

tamig
08-07-2021, 09:39 PM
This is a very confused response...have the girl's parents sent the heavies round for LG? Even if they have...do you know whether they have spoken to her about this?

It seems like you're basically deflecting away from Leigh's responsibility in all this by making some weird and tenuous speculations about how the girl's family might have reacted.

Leigh is the one who needs to be held to account, and to suggest otherwise is certainly the wrong way to be looking at this. The girl's actions are a matter for herself and parents. Leigh's actions are a matter for the police, his club, and to some extent, all those who have emotionally invested in his career, including some young people who have looked up to him.
You’re getting confused. Some posters were saying if it was their daughter involved, they’d be round to sort LG out. I said my initial response would be to discuss things with my daughter. That is in no way downplaying or condoning the behaviour of LG. I was speaking from my perspective as a parent as were the others who were stating they’d take the law into their own hands. Think you got the wrong end of the stick.

tmb1875
08-07-2021, 09:42 PM

It’s not for me but with a teenage daughter I do need to be aware of what she spends time looking at.

Leigh is I suppose still a young man compared to me anyway and this is how people interact on these sites.

Girls of all ages are, I’m afraid, not shy in very obviously sexualising themselves. That’s not victim blaming, that’s what is happening.

I think people are just contextualising that the girl had shared pictures of herself in her underwear, and she did not look underage. That’s perfectly reasonable mitigation for someone interacting with her, which was really to the extent of asking for more pictures.

He can be criticised for not realising that as a football player this sort of interaction is going to become public and then also because he has a girlfriend, but that’s for those two to work out.

The suggestion that this type of interaction is any way unusual for guys his age is a bit naive. I also don’t think he was in any way targeting a child. He had no reason to be asking about her age. Again that’s not the reality of interactions on social media, particularly with people who have shared images in the way she did initially.

Exactly how I see it aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easty
08-07-2021, 09:49 PM

You’re totally right, but there will be people on here who’ll assume you’re a “nonse” sympathiser and victim blamer.

There’s also been folk claim on this thread that mistakes are for children, and Griffiths at 31 is too old to make mistakes (I’m 37...I make plenty).

I’ve since seen the photo LG replied to, a photo on the girls public Instagram story, anyone could see it. I’ve also seen the girls Instagram page, again public and available to anyone. Nothing suggests she’s underage. Nothing. That doesn’t change the fact that she is, but it does mitigate the circumstances, in my opinion.

I’ll very quickly change my opinion if more information comes out, if there’s any suggestion that Griffiths knew her age, or if anyone else comes forward and says he done the same with them and knew they were underage. Until then, I think the accusation that he’s a nonce is out of order.

AgentDaleCooper
08-07-2021, 10:20 PM
You’re getting confused. Some posters were saying if it was their daughter involved, they’d be round to sort LG out. I said my initial response would be to discuss things with my daughter. That is in no way downplaying or condoning the behaviour of LG. I was speaking from my perspective as a parent as were the others who were stating they’d take the law into their own hands. Think you got the wrong end of the stick.

yeah, apologies :aok:

EH6 Hibby
08-07-2021, 10:25 PM

In my opinion women should be able to post whatever photos they want, wearing whatever they want and posing in whatever way they want without some unsolicited sleaze bag asking for more intimate photos.

I have a 16 year old son who I am raising to respect women and not see a photo or a woman walking down the street in a short skirt and think that gives him free reign to be a creep.

Andy74
08-07-2021, 10:37 PM
In my opinion women should be able to post whatever photos they want, wearing whatever they want and posing in whatever way they want without some unsolicited sleaze bag asking for more intimate photos.

I have a 16 year old son who I am raising to respect women and not see a photo or a woman walking down the street in a short skirt and think that gives him free reign to be a creep.

I’m sure you know the difference between walking down the street in a short skirt and posting pictures of yourself online in your underwear.

I’m teaching my daughter to know the difference.

It’s a lovely thought that everyone should do what they like but have you looked at Instagram? You think that the posing and sexualisation is just free expression that guys will just leave alone? That’s not the reality.

Young people are interacting with each other in a very different way these days.

ElginHibbie
08-07-2021, 10:52 PM
I am the same age as Leigh and don't agree with anyone saying he is a "nonce", a word I am starting to loathe, based on this story. Unless more people come out with stories I don't for a second think he's out there looking for underage girls to send him pictures.

What I do think though is that he is a creep and has been caught out in the worst way possible, with no one to blame but himself. And while of course people our age can still make mistakes, he seems to never learn from his previous ones and so I find it hard to have much sympathy for him.

It's why I didn't get the desire to have him back at Hibs, it was only ever a matter of time until his next distracting drama and I don't trust him to reach the footballing heights he once did

Peevemor
08-07-2021, 10:55 PM

I have 2 daughters age 16 & 12 (but who could easily pass for a lot older). I'm sorry, but they definitely can't post whatever photos they want as far as I'm concerned.

A teenage girl posting provocative photos of herself in her underwear isn't the same as one walking down the street wearing a short skirt. There's a difference in wanting to look good/fashionable - attractive even and sending a message that you welcome a certain type of attention.

basehibby
08-07-2021, 11:11 PM
From what I can see there's nothing actually illegal that's happened here although one thing is abundantly clear - if there's one talent Mr Griffiths has that outdoes his undoubted footballing ability it's being a total dip**** and getting himself into heaps of unnecessary trouble :brickwall

Brightside
08-07-2021, 11:42 PM
If a 16 year old boy has a picture of himself in his pants on Instagram is he getting 30 year old women asking for pics? I think we know the answer. It’s a man issue let’s not have a go at the girl. Educate your boys to have a bit of respect and they will be better men.

chrisski33
08-07-2021, 11:42 PM

Griffiths ruined himself in this not her. Hes old enough to know better.
Whether its right or not the girl has posted what she has he obviously contacted her.
Clearly some want to blame the victim and thats wrong.

Peevemor
09-07-2021, 12:00 AM
Griffiths ruined himself in this not her. Hes old enough to know better.
Whether its right or not the girl has posted what she has he obviously contacted her.
Clearly some want to blame the victim and thats wrong.Is she a victim though? She posted photos which she obviously wanted people to look at. Mission accomplished.

It's not as of there was any sex chat or even a direct demand for more explicit photos.

Griffiths is 100% in the wrong, but let's not accuse him of stuff that he doesn't appear to have done.

.Sean.
09-07-2021, 02:37 AM
A supposed grown man in a long term relationship and with what 5 bairns shouldn’t be anywhere near the inbox of another woman, never mind someone who looks as young as that, irrespective of if he knew her age or no. Vile behaviour

It’s beyond creepy and he knew full well what he wanted out of it and how to go about it with her being a young Celtic supporter and him being someone she’ll look up to, way beyond sleazy and that’s before you get into the legality or the illegality of it. He’s long since ran out of excuses, his character has been shown up time and time again and hopefully for his sake it’s an isolated incident as presumably the polis will now be analysing his phone etc

HoboHarry
09-07-2021, 02:38 AM
This thread is a train wreck, I've honestly no idea why it hasn't been closed already.....

EH6 Hibby
09-07-2021, 03:09 AM
If a 16 year old boy has a picture of himself in his pants on Instagram is he getting 30 year old women asking for pics? I think we know the answer. It’s a man issue let’s not have a go at the girl. Educate your boys to have a bit of respect and they will be better men.

Couldn’t agree more. Whether a parent agrees with what their child posts is a completely separate issue. My point was that girl/woman should be able to post whatever they want without men nearly twice their age leering at them.