PDA

View Full Version : 37 Games Before New Year

King Cosell
05-07-2021, 11:07 PM
If yer man from Jaws was on here, he'd say 'we're gonna need a bigger squad.'

21 League
12 Conference League
4 League Cup

Assuming we'll reach the group stage and the League Cup final.

MagicSwirlingShip
05-07-2021, 11:28 PM
If yer man from Jaws was on here, he'd say 'we're gonna need a bigger squad.'

21 League
12 Conference League
4 League Cup

Assuming we'll reach the group stage and the League Cup final.

We would be absolutely buzzing to still be in Europe into the New Year.

Personally, I’d like to see us use the league cup as a chance for some younger players on the fringes to make an impression.

Magpie
05-07-2021, 11:49 PM
We would be absolutely buzzing to still be in Europe into the New Year.

Personally, I’d like to see us use the league cup as a chance for some younger players on the fringes to make an impression.

If we were playing in the group stage then definitely but as we go straight into the knockouts we should play our best XI. It’s one of our only realistic chances at silverware.

MagicSwirlingShip
06-07-2021, 12:12 AM
If we were playing in the group stage then definitely but as we go straight into the knockouts we should play our best XI. It’s one of our only realistic chances at silverware.

I’d forgotten we skip the league cup groups.

We will have to utilise our squad for the league cup for sure. I can’t see us playing the same Best XI in Europe that we do in the league cup knockouts.

wookie70
06-07-2021, 07:58 AM
I’d forgotten we skip the league cup groups.

We will have to utilise our squad for the league cup for sure. I can’t see us playing the same Best XI in Europe that we do in the league cup knockouts.

The money available in European Ties means we will play our best XI in all those games imo.

gbhibby
06-07-2021, 08:08 AM
The money available in European Ties means we will play our best XI in all those games imo.
100% it's all about maximising revenue.