PDA

View Full Version : Grant Hanley

Since90+2
03-07-2021, 11:11 AM
His top speed officially clocked as the same as Kylian Mbappe at the Euro's at 32.2 KPH.

He's been pretty widely criticized as being a donkey by quite a few people over the years. I think he's proved that opinion to be pretty far off the mark.

Scotland's best centre half by a fair distance and was missed when he went off against Croatia.

Brightside
03-07-2021, 11:12 AM
His top speed officially clocked as the same as Kylian Mbappe at the Euro's at 32.2 KPH.

He's been pretty widely criticized as being a donkey by quite a few people over the years. I think he's proved that opinion to be pretty far off the mark.

Scotland's best centre half by a fair distance and was missed when he went off against Croatia.

Was he falling out a plane? Thats got to be an error.

Big_Franck
03-07-2021, 11:20 AM
To captain the best side in the English championship he must be doing something right. We were definitely weaker with McKenna at centre half rather than Hanley.

Since90+2
03-07-2021, 11:20 AM

From the official Uefa site:

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/teams/players/250013301--grant-hanley/

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/teams/players/250076574--kylian-mbappe/

Big_Franck
03-07-2021, 11:22 AM

I don't think it is. The scotland players were talking about this in interviews during the group stages, saying that the perception is that he's slow but that he was actually the 2nd quickest player in the squad. I remember one player saying that he's maybe slower to turn or get up to speed, but when he does he's rapid.

Souter96Mac
03-07-2021, 11:22 AM
I've definitely been a critic of him for a while, but I was very happy to be proved wrong with his performances recently. About time we have a proper good quality CB in defence. Just need someone to step into that RCB role, if we continue with the 3 at the back

Big_Franck
03-07-2021, 11:27 AM
I've definitely been a critic of him for a while, but I was very happy to be proved wrong with his performances recently. About time we have a proper good quality CB in defence. Just need someone to step into that RCB role, if we continue with the 3 at the back

I think some of the criticism of him years ago was probably justified. He has clearly improved though and he's now probably our first choice natural centre half.

Smartie
03-07-2021, 11:31 AM
I made a complete u-turn re Hanley.

I used to think he was a huddy and that he’d run out of opportunities with Scotland. I think he’s been great in our recent games (qualifiers, friendlies and at the Euros) and he’s a first pick for me now.

I think one of his problems before was that every time he made any sort of mistake it was punished with a goal. At the Euros, even when he didn’t obviously make a mistake like at the first Czech goal, we seemed to be punished.

HibbyAndy
03-07-2021, 11:36 AM
He's an absolute rock in the heart of defence

hibsbollah
03-07-2021, 12:23 PM
He's an absolute rock in the heart of defence

He is, but faster than Mbappe? I find that assez incroyable to be honest

Bostonhibby
03-07-2021, 12:28 PM
I made a complete u-turn re Hanley.

I used to think he was a huddy and that he’d run out of opportunities with Scotland. I think he’s been great in our recent games (qualifiers, friendlies and at the Euros) and he’s a first pick for me now.

I think one of his problems before was that every time he made any sort of mistake it was punished with a goal. At the Euros, even when he didn’t obviously make a mistake like at the first Czech goal, we seemed to be punished.I'm the same re him now but when I seen the OP I wondered if Alan O'Brien had given him a lift in his sidecar.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

MagicSwirlingShip
03-07-2021, 12:32 PM
He is, but faster than Mbappe? I find that assez incroyable to be honest

At top speed! Difference is Mbappe gets to top speed much faster. Mbappe wins that race every time

BegbieHSC
03-07-2021, 12:39 PM
I thought he was dreadful up to this tournament, but I’ve definitely been proved wrong. Solid defender.

Vault Boy
03-07-2021, 12:40 PM
He's rapid. Was terrific for Norwich last season and earned his games for Scotland. Our first choice CB.

Since90+2
03-07-2021, 12:43 PM
Interesting that Hanley's top speed is clocked a good bit faster than Kieran Tierney. I'd have thought Tierney at full pelt was the quickest in the squad.

EI255
03-07-2021, 12:46 PM

Scotland's best centre half by a fair distance and was missed when he went off against Croatia.I admit, I never liked him before, however he is simply outstanding now. A main stay. Wonder how much he's worth now? Total professional and exactly what we need.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
03-07-2021, 12:48 PM
I admit, I never liked him before, however he is simply outstanding now. A main stay. Wonder how much he's worth now? Total professional and exactly what we need.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

He’s on 25k a week at Norwich