PDA

View Full Version : Run The Jewels

Onceinawhile
04-06-2021, 08:17 AM
Playing the barrowlands next year.

Tickets went on sale this morning, did anyone else get one?

Sylar
04-06-2021, 08:37 AM
I was supposed to be seeing Rage Against the Machine in Oakland last year when I was supposed to be over there for work, and Run The Jewels were supposed to be the support act.

I'm not sure I'd pay to see them as a headline act (as I don't really know them and they're not my typical genre), but I was intrigued to see them support Rage.

patch1875
04-06-2021, 10:44 AM
I like their stuff although when I hear one of them I hear Fozzie Bear from the muppets

Mr Grieves
04-06-2021, 11:35 AM
Me, last saw them at the academy with Danny Brown supporting

Onceinawhile
04-06-2021, 02:46 PM
I was supposed to be seeing Rage Against the Machine in Oakland last year when I was supposed to be over there for work, and Run The Jewels were supposed to be the support act.

I'm not sure I'd pay to see them as a headline act (as I don't really know them and they're not my typical genre), but I was intrigued to see them support Rage.

El-P the rapper/producer of the group also produced a track for ZDLR (Digging for windows), ZDLR was also on RTJ2 and I think RTJ3.

Saw RATM when I was in Antwerp, was a good show, just a shame I was sitting!

Onceinawhile
04-06-2021, 02:47 PM
Me, last saw them at the academy with Danny Brown supporting

Nice one. Don't know who is supporting them this time, but looking forward to it. Don't think I've been to the Barras since the streets 2nd album!

WeeRussell
08-06-2021, 09:58 PM

I’ve never heard of run the jewels but I hope you’ve got to see Rage before, or do post-pandemic. I seen them live before being quite as big a fan as I am now and they blew me away.