PDA

View Full Version : Scotland at EURO2020

AugustaHibs
02-06-2021, 11:49 AM
Apologies if I’ve missed a thread but thought I’d start a definitive thread.

Preparations going terribly already with multiple players missing tonight’s game due to being a close contact of covid.

BREAKING: Grant Hanley, Che Adams, John McGinn, David Marshall, Nathan Patterson and Stephen O’Donnell all OUT of Scotland’s game against Holland tonight. All six players identified as ‘being in the vicinity’ of John Fleck who is self-isolating with Covid-19.

Brightside
02-06-2021, 11:51 AM
Yeh was wondering why this hasnt been raised. I'm staggered that players were allowed into a training camp without a full test cycle being completed. The SWPL womens teams have more stringent testing!

darwenhibby
02-06-2021, 11:52 AM
Apologies if I’ve missed a thread but thought I’d start a definitive thread.

Preparations going terribly already with multiple players missing tonight’s game due to being a close contact of covid.

BREAKING: Grant Hanley, Che Adams, John McGinn, David Marshall, Nathan Patterson and Stephen O’Donnell all OUT of Scotland’s game against Holland tonight. All six players identified as ‘being in the vicinity’ of John Fleck who is self-isolating with Covid-19.
Then on the plus side Nisbet gets his chance and proves himself tonight

JimBHibees
03-06-2021, 05:53 AM
Yeh was wondering why this hasnt been raised. I'm staggered that players were allowed into a training camp without a full test cycle being completed. The SWPL womens teams have more stringent testing!

I think Clarke said they all were tested including Fleck but was negative initially.

Souter96Mac
03-06-2021, 06:21 AM
Are these players also unavailable for the Luxembourg game then? Would be a shame if so. Thankfully most of that group are first teamers, but it would be good to get a look at Patterson and see how he does at RWB

GRA
03-06-2021, 06:56 AM
Encouraging performance with a weakened team against a strong Dutch side last night. Good interplay and defence was generally solid. Thought Robertson & Tierney were exceptional. Gives Clarke some food for thought!

I'd mix it up against Luxembourg though, give Nisbet a start as his confidence will be sky high.

oneone73
03-06-2021, 07:04 AM
Encouraging performance with a weakened team against a strong Dutch side last night. Good interplay and defence was generally solid. Thought Robertson & Tierney were exceptional. Gives Clarke some food for thought!

I'd mix it up against Luxembourg though, give Nisbet a start as his confidence will be sky high.

Adams has to start

Hibrandenburg
03-06-2021, 07:07 AM
Last night might have been a blessing in disguise. It's always good for a team when the 2nd choice 11 start knocking on the door for a starting position. Last nights performance will give the manager a few positive headaches and options. That said, the Dutch were experimenting too and probably not firing on all cylinders.

blackpoolhibs
03-06-2021, 08:37 AM
Then on the plus side Nisbet gets his chance and proves himself tonight

Met a guy who knows you Duane on Sunday, cant remember his name (bit pissed) but he said he was your best mate. I thought he's lying, you dont have any friends. :wink:

Maybe a gardener, not sure? :confused:

Jones28
03-06-2021, 09:59 AM
Scotland boss Clarke 'wants difficult decisions & sleepless nights' - BBC Sport (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/57338989)

Think the gaffer has forgotten to pack the factor 50.

darwenhibby
03-06-2021, 10:09 AM
Met a guy who knows you Duane on Sunday, cant remember his name (bit pissed) but he said he was your best mate. I thought he's lying, you dont have any friends. :wink:

Maybe a gardener, not sure? :confused:
I’ve got friends G
But not any fancy friends 🙂

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2021, 07:02 PM
Scotland we can boogie on next ITV

Glory Lurker
07-06-2021, 07:15 PM

Good shout, ta.

Calmbegbie
07-06-2021, 07:29 PM
Hard for me to look past the England game. Asking a lot for us to go down and get a result there but stranger things have happened. I’d be delighted if we could nick a draw

Glory Lurker
07-06-2021, 07:35 PM
Hard for me to look past the England game. Asking a lot for us to go down and get a result there but stranger things have happened. I’d be delighted if we could nick a draw

If the results were to go the right way, we could put them out! :-)

Highly unlikely, I know, but when did dreaming hurt anyone?

Calmbegbie
07-06-2021, 07:38 PM

We can always dream mate, and every now and again they come true 🙏🙏

Billy Whizz
07-06-2021, 07:48 PM

Imagine the boos that night

JimBHibees
07-06-2021, 07:54 PM
Imagine the boos that night

England could still get through if they won one game

Lancs Harp
07-06-2021, 07:55 PM
I'm staying clear of this thread :greengrin

JimBHibees
07-06-2021, 07:56 PM
I'm staying clear of this thread :greengrin

:greengrin

green day
07-06-2021, 07:57 PM

Why are they still using that awful song when Considine didn't even make the squad?

marinello59
07-06-2021, 07:57 PM
Why are they still using that awful song when Considine didn't even make the squad?

Cos it’s a bit of fun.? :greengrin

JimBHibees
07-06-2021, 08:08 PM

That's the spirit :greengrin

Pretty much the team song.

Glory Lurker
07-06-2021, 08:18 PM
England could still get through if they won one game

Not if Croatia win first two and we win first two?

B.H.F.C
07-06-2021, 08:20 PM

One win could be enough with four third placed teams going through.

Portugal got out of the group without winning a game in 2016 and went on to win it.

Lancs Harp
07-06-2021, 08:21 PM

4 x 3rd place team go through, if you win one game you've got a great chance of going through.

Glory Lurker
07-06-2021, 08:22 PM
4 x 3rd place team go through, if you win one game you've got a great chance of going through.

Shows how little attention I pay! It goes without saying that even that escape route will be beyond Scotland!

Glory Lurker
07-06-2021, 08:23 PM
One win could be enough with four third placed teams going through.

Portugal got out of the group without winning a game in 2016 and went on to win it.

Cheers. Not like me to get something completely wrong on here!

Northernhibee
07-06-2021, 09:44 PM
https://youtu.be/m4FMkkJV2mM - Braw’s Euro song, one of them is a good Hibby.

Logie Green
07-06-2021, 09:46 PM
For me the ideal scenario is for Scotland and Croatia to play a dull, insipid 0-0 draw with few forward passes in the last group match so both could qualify as the only two from our group. A bit like Austria and West Germany did in the 1982 World Cup.

The Morris Dancers would be a wee bit upset. 😜

Steven79
08-06-2021, 06:34 AM
For me the ideal scenario is for Scotland and Croatia to play a dull, insipid 0-0 draw with few forward passes in the last group match so both could qualify as the only two from our group. A bit like Austria and West Germany did in the 1982 World Cup.

That would be glorious! Can you imagine the look of their faces when it goes back to the studio at full-time.

Brightside
08-06-2021, 07:51 AM
Anyone know of any other boozers taking bookings for the England game. 4 people.

Brummie_Hibs
08-06-2021, 07:59 AM

Mine's would be, with Scotland already qualified, England need Scotland to beat Croatia to qualify.

The Scots go 1-0 up early in the game, but lose a goal in the final minute to make it 1-1 and England are oot!

Bishop Hibee
08-06-2021, 06:48 PM
I’m surprised at the lack of stuff in the shops. When I lived down south every second car had a wee flag and houses were festooned with St George’s Crosses before a major tournament. None of that here as far as I can tell.

WeeRussell
08-06-2021, 06:55 PM
I’m surprised at the lack of stuff in the shops. When I lived down south every second car had a wee flag and houses were festooned with St George’s Crosses before a major tournament. None of that here as far as I can tell.

‘Believe’ bars 🤢

bingo70
08-06-2021, 07:09 PM

In fairness, we are a wee bit out if practice 😂

I’m not sure people know what to do. I can confirm I am very very excited however other than a wall chart in my kitchen you wouldn’t know they were starting this weekend.

Pretty Boy
09-06-2021, 09:52 PM
I watched the Mr Brown's Boys documentary about France 98 on iplayer tonight and it's fair got me in the mood for the Euros now.

I think we'll see a fair bit excitement building over the course of this weekend that will reach fever pitch by the time Wembley rolls around.

bingo70
09-06-2021, 09:54 PM
I watched the Mr Brown's Boys documentary about France 98 on iplayer tonight and it's fair got me in the mood for the Euros now.

I think we'll see a fair bit excitement building over the course of this weekend that will reach fever pitch by the time Wembley rolls around.

Thought that documentary was absolutely brilliant

JimBHibees
09-06-2021, 09:56 PM
Yep documentary was superb. A few interviews from the holy ground also. The kilts worn by the players in the Brazil game was fantastic imo.

Hibee87
09-06-2021, 10:03 PM
Anyone know of any other boozers taking bookings for the England game. 4 people.

I managed to book the Mercat bar for 4 this afternoon, no idea if still spaces. I was close to giving up trying to find somewhere. Worth checking their website. I also called to confirm before booking online 👍

offshorehibby
09-06-2021, 10:20 PM
Another one on tomorrow bbc Scotland channel, Away with the Tartan Army, should be good

hibsbollah
09-06-2021, 10:23 PM

I’m enjoying it too:agree: The Darren Jackson interview had me worried though, what the hell has happened to his skin colour? Not so much gammon as nut roast. The boy must have had cryonic suspension in a sunbed for the last twenty years.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-06-2021, 10:34 PM

Shandwicks isn't taking any more bookings but, they're keeping a few tables back for walk-ups which seems a bit odd.

WeeRussell
10-06-2021, 05:55 PM
Agree Mr Brown’s boys was a really good watch and, like PB, didn’t half her my juices flowing for the euros.

There can’t be many successful football managers that come across as nice as Craig Brown.

Hibernian Verse
11-06-2021, 11:18 AM
I'm going with The Spaceman off here. He's the "group leader", so does anyone know if I need to take formal ID as well or is it just him?

Billy Whizz
13-06-2021, 06:20 PM
Heard 30,000 train tickets sold Scotland to London for next weekend

Smartie
13-06-2021, 06:24 PM
Agree Mr Brown’s boys was a really good watch and, like PB, didn’t half her my juices flowing for the euros.

There can’t be many successful football managers that come across as nice as Craig Brown.

A couple of my mates really can’t stand Craig Brown.

I find it weird - as you say, seems like a great guy and he had a good record as Scotland coach.

It was a brilliant documentary and really got me in the mood for the Euros.

Eyrie
13-06-2021, 06:56 PM
Heard 30,000 train tickets sold Scotland to London for next weekend

I can't get my head round that.

We're still under some restrictions for Covid and a lot of people haven't been vaccinated yet, so why would anyone want to travel to another country to watch the game on TV with a crowd of strangers?

B.H.F.C
13-06-2021, 07:42 PM

We're still under some restrictions for Covid and a lot of people haven't been vaccinated yet, so why would anyone want to travel to another country to watch the game on TV with a crowd of strangers?

Chance to get away with your mates for the first time in however long. All within the current restrictions. Although I do expect the politicians will all be rushing to tell football fans they shouldn’t be doing it (despite it being them that is allowing it).

Andy74
13-06-2021, 07:45 PM

You can go to London for any reason you like, why not football?

The Spaceman
13-06-2021, 09:43 PM
Going to the game tomorrow with Hibernian Verse.

Absolutely buzzing.

WeeRussell
13-06-2021, 10:24 PM
A couple of my mates really can’t stand Craig Brown.

I find it weird - as you say, seems like a great guy and he had a good record as Scotland coach.

It was a brilliant documentary and really got me in the mood for the Euros.

Yeah that is strange. I could get people arguing that he wasn’t such a great coach or some might say was “too nice” if anything… but definitely seems a genuinely good guy, and those that have worked close to him all seem to say that as well.

Saying that, I think steve Clarke seems like a decent guy too and I imagine plenty of people don’t like him either 😁

Stuart93
13-06-2021, 10:30 PM

I’m travelling and booked into a pub in London with my mates to watch the game. Can’t wait.

AugustaHibs
13-06-2021, 10:32 PM

30k and more have managed to get there head round it. Live and let live 🍺👍🏻

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2021, 11:13 PM
gets yi in the mood a bit :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=locUygU_L3c

majorhibs
13-06-2021, 11:35 PM
Yeah that is strange. I could get people arguing that he wasn’t such a great coach or some might say was “too nice” if anything… but definitely seems a genuinely good guy, and those that have worked close to him all seem to say that as well.

Saying that, I think steve Clarke seems like a decent guy too and I imagine plenty of people don’t like him either 😁

He didn’t like Keith Wright for whatever his daft own wee reasoning musta been, we all saw him at a midweek away tae Killie jaunt when Keith was THE form striker, on the way in, & that was all any of us wanted to talk about. Fair enough at the time he was only Roxburgh’s assistant, but Craig Brown was just so dismissive of our main man then, I reckon it wouldnae have been just me who couldn’t take to him after that.

hibee-boys
14-06-2021, 06:07 AM

Heading down with 5 mates for a long weekend, it was booked the same night we qualified. We’ve all been vaccinated, at least one dose, the vast majority of the population who are at serious risk have been vaccinated, time to move on. Those who’ve chosen not to be vaccinated are doing of their own free will, I respect that, but I’ll not be worrying about them.

JimBHibees
14-06-2021, 07:47 AM
Two brilliant videos to get us in the mood for this afternoon and the Euros

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HerNnMqFdA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ONl4k1EtyUU

Come on Scotland

:saltireflag:saltireflag

Rumble de Thump
14-06-2021, 07:55 AM
What's the point of going to London to watch the game in a pub when you can watch the game in your local and save yourself a lot of money?

Since90+2
14-06-2021, 07:56 AM
What's the point of going to London to watch the game in a pub when you can watch the game in your local and save yourself a lot of money?

Probably a change of scenery, the trip on the way down few drinks on the train. I'd not do it myself but I can see why some might just to get away for a day or two.

JimBHibees
14-06-2021, 08:13 AM
Probably a change of scenery, the trip on the way down few drinks on the train. I'd not do it myself but I can see why some might just to get away for a day or two.

Yep not going myself but my son and a few of his mates are going and they just want to be part of a tournament and trip away even though they have no tickets or any likelihood of them.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-06-2021, 08:29 AM

It's meant to be no drink allowed on the trains, they could struggle to maintain that rule.

Moulin Yarns
17-06-2021, 02:35 PM
Jacob Rees-Mogg supporting Scotland on Friday :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

https://news.stv.tv/politics/jacob-rees-mogg-draws-scotland-in-euro-2020-sweepstake?top

He's here!
17-06-2021, 02:52 PM

It's not just some, it's thousands. Personally I can't see why anyone without a ticket for the game would make the trip to London under the current restrictions. No alcohol on the trains, no fan zones and the potential to fan the Covid flames by gathering in large numbers (p***ing a lot of folk off in the process). Not exactly the trip of a lifetime.

Moulin Yarns
17-06-2021, 04:51 PM
I saw this on twitter for all you that fancy a flutter

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Fancy Scotland for an upset? Promo code EPS120 gets you 120/1 on Scotland to beat England ⚽

William Hills

17-06-2021, 05:10 PM
Nice to see the huns are apoplectic with rage that Scotland fans are travelling to London.

JXM73
17-06-2021, 05:14 PM
I saw this on twitter for all you that fancy a flutter

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Fancy Scotland for an upset? Promo code EPS120 gets you 120/1 on Scotland to beat England ⚽

William Hills

Why have they shortened the odds?

Since90+2
17-06-2021, 05:23 PM
It's not just some, it's thousands. Personally I can't see why anyone without a ticket for the game would make the trip to London under the current restrictions. No alcohol on the trains, no fan zones and the potential to fan the Covid flames by gathering in large numbers (p***ing a lot of folk off in the process). Not exactly the trip of a lifetime.

There's alcohol on the trains. Lots of it.

.Sean.
17-06-2021, 05:30 PM

Quite easy to get head the head round it, the world needs to get back to normal and people are no longer accepting the brainwashing anymore after a year of restrictions. High time we get back to some semblance of normality. Covid isn’t going anywhere so adapt, deal with it and live your life.

Moulin Yarns
17-06-2021, 05:37 PM
Quite easy to get head the head round it, the world needs to get back to normal and people are no longer accepting the brainwashing anymore after a year of restrictions. High time we get back to some semblance of normality. Covid isn’t going anywhere so adapt, deal with it and live your life.

Brainwashing or scientific advice?

Adapt to Covid-19, deal with it, or suffer the consequences of your, and others actions?

RoscoHibby
17-06-2021, 05:49 PM

Well said, from the majority I’ve read on here, they need to lay off watching the BBC, do some reading of your own on the subject and start questioning the ‘logic’ that’s been applied for the last however many months...

Dalianwanda
17-06-2021, 06:02 PM
Well said, from the majority I’ve read on here, they need to lay off watching the BBC, do some reading of your own on the subject and start questioning the ‘logic’ that’s been applied for the last however many months...

Here we go again.....No one knows for sure what to do or whats for the best...So this doing 'reading of your own' 'research' or what ever you want to call it is just pretty patronising..Nothings proven till its proven. Saying that, folk arent banned from travelling to England so I dont see the problem with fans heading down for the craic.

Mr Grieves
17-06-2021, 06:41 PM

What do you recommend, I could do with a laugh.

hibsbollah
17-06-2021, 06:44 PM
What do you recommend, I could do with a laugh.

Get your information from faceless people on the internet rather than qualified scientists :agree:

AFKA5814_Hibs
17-06-2021, 06:46 PM
Great to see all the Scotland fans heading down to Wembley. Delighted for all the long suffering fans who've followed the national team for years to get a wee trip to see Scotland at a major tournament.

I know a few guys who are in London, don't have tickets but are heading down for the party atmosphere and why not. Hope they have a great time and are all celebrating tomorrow night.

RoscoHibby
17-06-2021, 08:13 PM
Here we go again.....No one knows for sure what to do or whats for the best...So this doing 'reading of your own' 'research' or what ever you want to call it is just pretty patronising..Nothings proven till its proven. Saying that, folk arent banned from travelling to England so I dont see the problem with fans heading down for the craic.

I agree it’s the proverbial fckin minefield out there with an unparalleled level of censorship, wind and pish. A good place to start is reading the Fauci emails, which are what they are and had been requested under the freedom of information act. If you only read n watch uk MSM, you may not know what these are, but there are countless red flags contained within there...

One interesting fact though. All the covid vaccines are only allowed to be administered in ‘emergency use only’ and are under clinical trial until Dec ‘22 to April ‘23, depending on which ‘variant’ of those you’ve had..that is a fact.

Another is that on average in the UK over the past 10yrs, approx 620k people die in a year, about 1500 a day...our government now only publicise ‘cases’ and ‘deaths within 28days of a positive covid test’ does that sound relevant to you? When same government put out adverts saying ‘1 in 3 people who have covid don’t know they have it’ doesn’t sound like a deadly killer worth wrecking the whole economy and peoples lives over...

Im not an anti-Vaxxer or conspiracy theorist, I work in IT n have all my days where logic, reason and problem solving rule the day. I’ve seen none of that through this whole thing, which has made me question things and try find things out myself.

So hope the tartan army have an absolute ball, wish I was down there with them!

Dalianwanda
17-06-2021, 08:34 PM
I agree it’s the proverbial fckin minefield out there with an unparalleled level of censorship, wind and pish. A good place to start is reading the Fauci emails, which are what they are and had been requested under the freedom of information act. If you only read n watch uk MSM, you may not know what these are, but there are countless red flags contained within there...

One interesting fact though. All the covid vaccines are only allowed to be administered in ‘emergency use only’ and are under clinical trial until Dec ‘22 to April ‘23, depending on which ‘variant’ of those you’ve had..that is a fact.

Another is that on average in the UK over the past 10yrs, approx 620k people die in a year, about 1500 a day...our government now only publicise ‘cases’ and ‘deaths within 28days of a positive covid test’ does that sound relevant to you? When same government put out adverts saying ‘1 in 3 people who have covid don’t know they have it’ doesn’t sound like a deadly killer worth wrecking the whole economy and peoples lives over...

Im not an anti-Vaxxer or conspiracy theorist, I work in IT n have all my days where logic, reason and problem solving rule the day. I’ve seen none of that through this whole thing, which has made me question things and try find things out myself.

So hope the tartan army have an absolute ball, wish I was down there with them!
tbh i don’t trust government (i’m in ireland they flip & flop between backing ‘the science’ and ignoring it when suits. I also don’t trust the scientific advisors who’s advice on what safe and what’s not doesn’t seem to add up.

I’ve had a look at some of his emails I’ve had a look at some videos sent by both sides. I’ve tried enough untested drugs that a vaccine isn’t going to frighten me. I’m on immune suppressants so who knows what difference it has made. But i want to get home and at the time thought it would be the only way.

Saying that it should totally be an individuals choice what goes in or comes out of their body.

And i hope the TA has a ball, has something to celebrate and comes back safe

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2021, 08:42 PM
Just read on twitter that Tierney is out for tomorrow, hope it's bollox. :confused:

Dalianwanda
17-06-2021, 08:44 PM
Just read on twitter that Tierney is out for tomorrow, hope it's bollox. :confused:

last i read he was in..if he does play hope he’s 100%

ekhibee
17-06-2021, 09:16 PM
I'd more or less accepeted that England will very likely beat us tomorrow but after hearing Ferdinand's "we'll beat them by at least 2 goals" on MOTD I hope we stuff them. A winning goal in the last minute would do nicely as well mind you.

The dalmeny
17-06-2021, 09:26 PM
Nice to see the huns are apoplectic with rage that Scotland fans are travelling to London.

im sick of these #####

Lancs Harp
17-06-2021, 09:36 PM
Id wish you luck for tomorrow fellas but you know how it is. Enjoy your day anyway.

:flag:

Stonewall
17-06-2021, 09:42 PM
This thread is embarrassing.

JimBHibees
17-06-2021, 09:52 PM

Confirmed by Clarke fit and available how true that is we will see tomorrow

1875Sean
17-06-2021, 09:55 PM
Coverage below for tomorrow, think I will be tuning into itv

ITV

Presenter Mark Pougatch

Commentary Sam Matterface, Lee Dixon & Ally McCoist

Pundit Graeme Souness, Gary Neville, Roy Keane Ian Wright Scott Brown

STV

Presenter Raman Bhardwaj

Commentary Rory Hamilton & Kevin Gallagher

Pundits David Moyes, Kenny McLean, John Collins

oneone73
17-06-2021, 09:57 PM

ITV

Presenter Mark Pougatch

STV

Presenter Raman Bhardwaj

STV for me

Brightside
17-06-2021, 10:04 PM

The world will get back to normal. Just not yet.

Argylehibby
17-06-2021, 10:08 PM

ITV

Presenter Mark Pougatch

STV

Presenter Raman Bhardwaj

Can't stand Raman Bhardwaj after his interview with Rod Petrie after the cup final where he tried desperately to get Rod to condemn the Hibs fans. Showed his colours in the interview with Steven Gerard following their league win last season.

SteveHFC
17-06-2021, 10:10 PM

ITV

Presenter Mark Pougatch

STV

Presenter Raman Bhardwaj

ITV for me

bingo70
17-06-2021, 10:11 PM
The world will get back to normal. Just not yet.

The best part of a year and a half is a long enough wait for me.

IMO it’s sustainable any more, I’m delighted to see people out enjoying themselves again.

I know the government are saying another month or two but I feel there’s an inevitability about another variant continually coming out and putting it off for a another few weeks at a time…..

Other countries are opening up much quicker than we are and our governments have both been proven to be hopeless at dealing with it.

More than happy for people to use common sense instead of trusting these ********s in government.

ian cruise
17-06-2021, 10:18 PM

ITV

Presenter Mark Pougatch

STV

Presenter Raman Bhardwaj

If Scotland win I'll definitely have BBC on post match to hear Ian Wright's thoughts in the result.

theonlywayisup
17-06-2021, 10:25 PM

ITV

Presenter Mark Pougatch

STV

Presenter Raman Bhardwaj

You just know that Roy Keane is only there to wind up the losing team. If Scotland lose,I expect Neville and Wright to be patronising with their criticism of Scotland. Whereas Keane with be pretty direct with his comments.

If Scotland do win, then he'll go for the English jugular.

Let's hope it's the latter.

Col2
17-06-2021, 11:11 PM
If Scotland win I'll definitely have BBC on post match to hear Ian Wright's thoughts in the result.

They did zero chance of Scotland winning. Absolutely zero.

JimBHibees
18-06-2021, 05:40 AM

Wright is on itv.

JimBHibees
18-06-2021, 05:43 AM

Definitely have a chance, England should win but defensively they aren't great and every chance we can score.

Bristolhibby
18-06-2021, 06:10 AM

ITV

Presenter Mark Pougatch

STV

Presenter Raman Bhardwaj

Can you get STV on Sky in England?

J

ian cruise
18-06-2021, 06:11 AM
Wright is on itv.

Ah, I messed that one up!

JimBHibees
18-06-2021, 06:14 AM

J

I would assume so do they not have all the itv regional channels which assume would include stv.

Bristolhibby
18-06-2021, 06:18 AM

I like your negativity but even by a the bookies logic there is a chance. Even at 10/1, there’s a 1 in 10 chance.

We have to hope that this evening is that 1 in 10.

I mean, I’ve seen us play England 6 times and we have won once. Not quite 10/1, but close. The games I’ve been at since travelling watching Scotland it’s played three lost 2 drawn 1.

Remember, even a draw is a result. Draw/Scotland is 5/2. We are definitely in that territory.

J

Col2
18-06-2021, 06:26 AM
I like your negativity but even by a the bookies logic there is a chance. Even at 10/1, there’s a 1 in 10 chance.

We have to hope that this evening is that 1 in 10.

I mean, I’ve seen us play England 6 times and we have won once. Not quite 10/1, but close. The games I’ve been at since travelling watching Scotland it’s played three lost 2 drawn 1.

Remember, even a draw is a result. Draw/Scotland is 5/2. We are definitely in that territory.

J

I agree a draw is possible but we will not go to Wembley and win. It would be a monumental shock (like Macedonia beating Germany a month or so ago in Germany).

I would love nothing more than a win, it would be the best feeling, but our optimism seems to be on the attacking threat of Robertson and having Tierney back and we have 20k TA decended on London. All the noises have come from our camp talking us up. Clarke will play cagey and we won’t know what to do when a goal down, I think England will take 3 of us tonight. I do hope I am wrong but still flat from Monday’s missed opportunity (wrong starting 11, defensive approach and basic mistakes including not converting)

1875Sean
18-06-2021, 09:08 AM

J

Think you may do, I know in Scotland you can get itv and different regions of bbc etc so would think you have a chance getting stv if you look, usually it’s the channels just before the radio stations

ekhibee
18-06-2021, 09:25 AM
I agree a draw is possible but we will not go to Wembley and win. It would be a monumental shock (like Macedonia beating Germany a month or so ago in Germany).

I would love nothing more than a win, it would be the best feeling, but our optimism seems to be on the attacking threat of Robertson and having Tierney back and we have 20k TA decended on London. All the noises have come from our camp talking us up. Clarke will play cagey and we won’t know what to do when a goal down, I think England will take 3 of us tonight. I do hope I am wrong but still flat from Monday’s missed opportunity (wrong starting 11, defensive approach and basic mistakes including not converting)

We didnt take the couple of chances we had and they did, including a freak 2nd goal. Scotland played alright IMO. You've already got us beat tonight before a ball's even been kicked.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-06-2021, 09:31 AM
I'd more or less accepeted that England will very likely beat us tomorrow but after hearing Ferdinand's "we'll beat them by at least 2 goals" on MOTD I hope we stuff them. A winning goal in the last minute would do nicely as well mind you.

Unfortunately I think he'll end up being correct. Still looking forward to a good day out though.

BILLYHIBS
18-06-2021, 09:53 AM
Just read that if McAllister had scored the pen at Wembley England had Gazza’s number ready to take him off

Uri Geller has a lot to answer for 😃

BBC Sport

C’mon Scotland!

JohnMcM
18-06-2021, 11:11 AM
Just read that if McAllister had scored the pen at Wembley England had Gazza’s number ready to take him off

Uri Geller has a lot to answer for 😃

BBC Sport

C’mon Scotland!

Seems a long time since we last saw the Gazza goal on BBC tv,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, about 30 minutes now:greengrin

marinello59
18-06-2021, 11:55 AM

I don’t think it would be that big a shock if we win. This is a special fixture, the England players are just as capable of having their game diminished by the emotion of the occasion as anybody else. I honestly think we can do this.

Renfrew_Hibby
18-06-2021, 12:28 PM
For gods sake, Jane Dougall reporting on the BBC news has just suggested that Scots fans may just have 'a chip on the old shoulder'

Deary ****in me

Bristolhibby
18-06-2021, 12:31 PM
Seems a long time since we last saw the Gazza goal on BBC tv,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, about 30 minutes now:greengrin

Did he score against Scotland?

J

Iain G
18-06-2021, 12:36 PM
Getting myself in the mood for tonight by listening to Del Amitri :greengrin

JeMeSouviens
18-06-2021, 12:39 PM
I don’t think it would be that big a shock if we win. This is a special fixture, the England players are just as capable of having their game diminished by the emotion of the occasion as anybody else. I honestly think we can do this.

Really? :confused:

I think this is the foregoniest of extremely foregone conclusions. I'd be absolutely stunned if we got a draw.

Gordy M
18-06-2021, 12:44 PM
I may have this wrong, but no matter the results this eve we will still have 3rd to play for on Tuesday? Obv unless we get scudded so goal diff is the factor.

Sir David Gray
18-06-2021, 12:47 PM

I think this is the foregoniest of extremely foregone conclusions. I'd be absolutely stunned if we got a draw.

:agree: We're 12/1 with some bookies tonight which must be one of the longest match odds at the tournament.

The bookies are rarely wrong.

I'll still be watching and hoping though!

Sir David Gray
18-06-2021, 12:48 PM
I may have this wrong, but no matter the results this eve we will still have 3rd to play for on Tuesday? Obv unless we get scudded so goal diff is the factor.

The first factor is head to head so we won't be eliminated tonight regardless of the result.

A defeat will make it almost impossible to qualify though.

Sylar
18-06-2021, 12:51 PM
I'm in the doom-monger camp. I honestly don't see us laying a glove on them.

I hope Clarke's learned his lessons from the Czech game and doesn't set up to prevent them scoring. O'Donnell can't possibly start tonight - Sterling will destroy him. We need positivity in that midfield, and he needs to realise what worked and what didn't on Monday - get Gilmour or Turnbull (or both!) into the lineup, start Forrest and try and be ambitious.

If he starts with O'Donnell, McGregor, Dykes and leaves the creative/threatening players on the bench to 'see how it goes in the early running', we'll lose by 3 or 4 IMO.

I'd love to look like a negative nelly, with this being quoted back at me en masse at 10pm tonight.

makaveli1875
18-06-2021, 12:52 PM
Were not going through . Scotland dont do knockout stages . Does anyone seriously think we will beat Croatia ?

Mon Dieu4
18-06-2021, 12:53 PM
Were not going through . Scotland dont do knockout stages . Does anyone seriously think we will beat Croatia ?

Croatia have never beat Scotland and we have already beaten a better team than they currently have

Smartie
18-06-2021, 12:56 PM
I don't think I've ever gone into a game, either as a Hibs fan or as a Scotland fan, less confident of being able to get something from a game.

That's a wee bit harsh on this Scotland squad, which I think has significantly more quality in it that at any point over the past 20 odd years but it's just the combination of several other factors - the attacking strength of the opposition, the fact that they are at home, the fact that their manager is less likely to have them complacent, the fact that our weaknesses lie in areas where we can be picked off by their stronger players and the likelihood that we'll go with a gameplan that plays to our weaknesses rather than our strengths.

I also think we've put ourselves in a tricky situation courtesy of our poor result on Monday - a better result there and this could almost have been "free hit" territory (even though I know that will irk many, it's an England Scotland game FFS) which would have allowed our players to approach it with little pressure.

One positive, and I know it doesn't feel like it ahead of an important game - at worst, the players are gaining invaluable experience here. This is a young and inexperienced squad with years and years ahead of them and I think they'll end up stronger for the experience, whatever that experience turns out to be - a pumping, a glorious defeat, an unlikely result etc.

Gordy M
18-06-2021, 12:57 PM
The first factor is head to head so we won't be eliminated tonight regardless of the result.

A defeat will make it almost impossible to qualify though.

So if Croatia beat the CR and we beat Cro. England win all their games, the 3 others will all be on 3 points, surely have a chance then? Even though we are beat this eve? Again dependent on goals i assume?

makaveli1875
18-06-2021, 01:00 PM
Croatia have never beat Scotland and we have already beaten a better team than they currently have

Never knew that , oh well a glimmer of hope . still they appear to have a better squad than us and i fully expect Modric to roll back the years and tear us for arsepaper

marinello59
18-06-2021, 01:00 PM
:agree: We're 12/1 with some bookies tonight which must be ome of the longest match odds at the tournament.

The bookies are rarely wrong.

I'll still be watching and hoping though!

The bookies odds reflect the market. With slightly more punters down there backing England the odds are not going to be a true reflection of our chances. I’m gonna stick a fiver on us. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
18-06-2021, 01:01 PM

Only if 3 points can get you one of 4, best 3rd place finishes
I presume points then goal difference will determine this
If we were to lose by 1-0 v England and win 1-0 v Croatia, we'd still be on -2 goals

JeMeSouviens
18-06-2021, 01:06 PM
I don't think I've ever gone into a game, either as a Hibs fan or as a Scotland fan, less confident of being able to get something from a game.

That's a wee bit harsh on this Scotland squad, which I think has significantly more quality in it that at any point over the past 20 odd years but it's just the combination of several other factors - the attacking strength of the opposition, the fact that they are at home, the fact that their manager is less likely to have them complacent, the fact that our weaknesses lie in areas where we can be picked off by their stronger players and the likelihood that we'll go with a gameplan that plays to our weaknesses rather than our strengths.

I also think we've put ourselves in a tricky situation courtesy of our poor result on Monday - a better result there and this could almost have been "free hit" territory (even though I know that will irk many, it's an England Scotland game FFS) which would have allowed our players to approach it with little pressure.

One positive, and I know it doesn't feel like it ahead of an important game - at worst, the players are gaining invaluable experience here. This is a young and inexperienced squad with years and years ahead of them and I think they'll end up stronger for the experience, whatever that experience turns out to be - a pumping, a glorious defeat, an unlikely result etc.

If we win tonight, it would be the unlikeliest Hibs/Scotland upside surprise since Calderwood's 0-3 at Ibrox. (That did really happen, right? :confused:)

marinello59
18-06-2021, 01:09 PM

I would have answered this sooner but I was too busy dressing like an extra from Braveheart. :greengrin
A draw is doable. :greengrin

Gordy M
18-06-2021, 01:28 PM
Only if 3 points can get you one of 4, best 3rd place finishes
I presume points then goal difference will determine this
If we were to lose by 1-0 v England and win 1-0 v Croatia, we'd still be on -2 goals

Yeh i get that, was just thinking if Croatia beat the CR, all the teams apart from.England could end up on 3 points.

Rumble de Thump
18-06-2021, 01:31 PM
England should have beat us the last time we played them when we had a worse team, and they were lucky to scrape a draw.

Sir David Gray
18-06-2021, 01:47 PM
So if Croatia beat the CR and we beat Cro. England win all their games, the 3 others will all be on 3 points, surely have a chance then? Even though we are beat this eve? Again dependent on goals i assume?

If we manage to get 3rd after losing tonight then we are then competing against the other 5 nations who also finish 3rd in trying to have a better record than at least 2 of them.

At Euro 2016, 3 points and 0 goal difference was enough for 2 of the 4 3rd placed teams to qualify (including the eventual winners Portugal). The other 2 sides to qualify from 3rd place had 4 points.

Hibby70
18-06-2021, 01:54 PM
So we really want Czechia to hammer Croatia now.

Gordy M
18-06-2021, 01:59 PM
If we manage to get 3rd after losing tonight then we are then competing against the other 5 nations who also finish 3rd in trying to have a better record than at least 2 of them.

At Euro 2016, 3 points and 0 goal difference was enough for 2 of the 4 3rd placed teams to qualify (including the eventual winners Portugal). The other 2 sides to qualify from 3rd place had 4 points.

Yeh but all the treams could finish on three points apart from England, so we want Coatia to win one nil this eve, then England to thump the Czechs and us to beat Croatia 😀😀

JimBHibees
18-06-2021, 02:11 PM
For gods sake, Jane Dougall reporting on the BBC news has just suggested that Scots fans may just have 'a chip on the old shoulder'

Deary ****in me

Bizarre thing for a Scot to come out with

Smartie
18-06-2021, 02:11 PM
So we really want Czechia to hammer Croatia now.

I'm not really sure what we want.

My mate was trying to explain the ramifications of what finishing 1st, 2nd etc would mean and I got a bit lost.

It appears that finishing 1st would probably bring about the worst draw in the next round, so I could see the teams who have done well in their first games trying to fall over in their 3rd game and not top the group.

Probably not a great situation if we end up wanting/ needing England to pick up a result against the Czechs.

Whatever happens we're going to need to beat Croatia and need a slice of luck in all sorts of places, like Wembley tonight.

Since90+2
18-06-2021, 02:20 PM
England should have beat us the last time we played them when we had a worse team, and they were lucky to scrape a draw.

The England team is massively improved since that game.

HibbyAndy
18-06-2021, 02:30 PM
Sweden have a player call Daniel sannnnn :tee hee::tee hee:

nonshinyfinish
18-06-2021, 02:33 PM
I'm not really sure what we want.

My mate was trying to explain the ramifications of what finishing 1st, 2nd etc would mean and I got a bit lost.

It appears that finishing 1st would probably bring about the worst draw in the next round, so I could see the teams who have done well in their first games trying to fall over in their 3rd game and not top the group.

Probably not a great situation if we end up wanting/ needing England to pick up a result against the Czechs.

Whatever happens we're going to need to beat Croatia and need a slice of luck in all sorts of places, like Wembley tonight.

1st plays 2nd from the group of death, so almost certainly one of France/Germany/Portugal.

2nd plays 2nd from Spain's group, so more chance of a favourable draw vs Poland/Slovakia/Sweden.

3rd has way too many possibilities to worry about, because it depends which other groups the 3rd-placed qualifiers come from.

Billy Whizz
18-06-2021, 02:35 PM
1st plays 2nd from the group of death, so almost certainly one of France/Germany/Portugal.

2nd plays 2nd from Spain's group, so more chance of a favourable draw vs Poland/Slovakia/Sweden.

3rd has way too many possibilities to worry about, because it depends which other groups the 3rd-placed qualifiers come from.

The teams that finish 3rd, would play their games at Hampden, Budapest or Seville

Rumble de Thump
18-06-2021, 02:45 PM
The England team is massively improved since that game.

Looking at the lineups, I would say it's the Scotland team that's improved more than the England one.

HibbyAndy
18-06-2021, 02:59 PM
Sweden have a player call Daniel sannnnn :tee hee::tee hee:

Even Mica Richards said he kept thinking about Karate kid :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Iain G
18-06-2021, 03:01 PM
Even Mica Richards said he kept thinking about Karate kid :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

He is really starting to annoy me...

Billy Whizz
18-06-2021, 03:02 PM
Chucking it down in London today, and to rain throughout the game, great Scottish conditions

Iain G
18-06-2021, 03:04 PM
Chucking it down in London today, and to rain throughout the game, great Scottish conditions

It's humid though!

marinello59
18-06-2021, 03:22 PM
Any word on the team yet? Could Nisbet start tonight?

Billy Whizz
18-06-2021, 03:31 PM
Any word on the team yet? Could Nisbet start tonight?

Won’t get the team until around 6.45pm, appear not to have any leaks which is good

Smartie
18-06-2021, 03:40 PM
Won’t get the team until around 6.45pm, appear not to have any leaks which is good

I've had 3 or 4 different leaked teams sent to me already.

One of them will probably be right, but that's somebody guessing and getting it right rather than anything actually having had anything leaked.

Lancs Harp
18-06-2021, 03:42 PM

Manchester conditions them :wink:

Just_Jimmy
18-06-2021, 04:01 PM
Manchester conditions them :wink:bloody is mate, rains here more than at home.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2021, 04:05 PM
He is really starting to annoy me...

Me too, all he does is laugh very loudly, a one trick pony. :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
18-06-2021, 04:10 PM
Me too, all he does is laugh very loudly, a one trick pony. :rolleyes:

VERY Loudly. When him and Jamie Carragher get talking it’s actually ridiculous, it’s like they’ve got something wrong with them.

calumhibee1
18-06-2021, 04:14 PM
Hope anyone that is down there has a great time and stays safe. Can’t complain at anyone taking that opportunity. Been great seeing the videos of folk enjoying themselves:

That being said.. 2-0 England unfortunately

cabbageandribs1875
18-06-2021, 04:42 PM
https://scontent.fman1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/201442478_3070550869886614_8828365391251180017_n.j pg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=UOlTBXpPtLsAX8S63kT&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-1.fna&oh=c9600b0b43214b3309e10390e227e123&oe=60D1EE13

marinello59
18-06-2021, 10:05 PM
I would have answered this sooner but I was too busy dressing like an extra from Braveheart. :greengrin
A draw is doable. :greengrin

That M59 speaks some utter ***** on here……but a draw was doable. :greengrin

JeMeSouviens
18-06-2021, 11:22 PM
That M59 speaks some utter ***** on here……but a draw was doable. :greengrin

I am stunned! Not sure whether it’s the result or the m59 prediction tbh :wink:

marinello59
19-06-2021, 04:13 AM
I am stunned! Not sure whether it’s the result or the m59 prediction tbh :wink:

:greengrin

1875Sean
19-06-2021, 03:19 PM

ITV

Presenter Mark Pougatch

Pundit Graeme Sounesse, Gary Neville, Roy Keane Ian Wright Scott Brown

STV

Presenter Raman Bhardwaj

Got to say saying Ian wrights gave at full time make it worth while tuning into ITV, also Sounesse was brilliant

number9dream
20-06-2021, 01:12 PM

First and foremost we need to find a way to score and beat Croatia, which is going to be really tough.

The only way to finish second is if the Czechs beat England and we make up three in goal difference; ie 2-0, 2-0. Highly unlikely.
Even if England win 10-0 and we win, we can't overtake Czechs since it goes on head-to-head.

If we manage to get to four points for third place, then we need to be better than two other nations in the same position.
Switzerland not winning today would be a big help and we want Finland to lose or Denmark to beat Russia.
Obviously there are loads more permutations... But let's just focus on getting a goal - or two - at Hampden on Tuesday.

hibsbollah
20-06-2021, 01:18 PM
First and foremost we need to find a way to score and beat Croatia, which is going to be really tough.

The only way to finish second is if the Czechs beat England and we make up three in goal difference; ie 2-0, 2-0. Highly unlikely.
Even if England win 10-0 and we win, we can't overtake Czechs since it goes on head-to-head.

If we manage to get to four points for third place, then we need to be better than two other nations in the same position.
Switzerland not winning today would be a big help and we want Finland to lose or Denmark to beat Russia.
Obviously there are loads more permutations... But let's just focus on getting a goal - or two - at Hampden on Tuesday.

It also bears repeating that there’s no obvious advantage to finishing 1st over 2nd or 3rd in our group. There’s still multiple permutations that 3rd could give an ‘easier’ draw than 2nd or 1st. (‘Easy’ in inverted commas because we’ll be underdogs against virtually every other team). It’s almost best to forget who’s in what position in the group tables and concentrate on getting 4 points in the group stage and moving on from there.

joe t
20-06-2021, 03:04 PM
If we beat Croatia and qualify in 3rd for next round there are 10 permutations for who Scotland meet in the last 16. Five of them mean playing the Netherlands in Budapest (already confirmed as group winners). So, withou5 predicting remaining group results, currently 50/50 chance that will be our tie, with five other being various teams either at hampden or in Copenhagen.

hibeedonald
20-06-2021, 03:10 PM

I'm pretty sure goal difference is before head to head?

Billy Whizz
20-06-2021, 03:13 PM
I'm pretty sure goal difference is before head to head?

Head to head before goal difference unfortunately

hibeedonald
20-06-2021, 04:19 PM
Head to head before goal difference unfortunately

I googled it and numerous sources saying goal difference first. E.g. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/euro-group-stages-decided-england-20797343

nonshinyfinish
20-06-2021, 04:35 PM
I googled it and numerous sources saying goal difference first. E.g. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/euro-group-stages-decided-england-20797343Yeah, lots of media sources have it that way round, but Uefa themselves say head to head comes first:

"If two or more teams in the same group are equal on points on completion of the final tournament group stage, the following criteria are applied, in the order given, to determine their rankings:

a. higher number of points obtained in the matches played among the teams in question
b. superior goal difference resulting from the matches played among the teams in question
c. higher number of goals scored in the matches played among the teams in question
d. if, after having applied criteria a) to c), teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to c) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the remaining teams to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria e) to i) apply in the order given to the two or more teams still equal
e. superior goal difference in all group matches
f. higher number of goals scored in all group matches
g. higher number of wins in all group matches
h. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received in all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points)
i. position in the overall European Qualifiers rankings

If two teams which have the same number of points and the same number of goals scored and conceded play their last group match against each other and are still equal at the end of that match, their final rankings are determined by kicks from the penalty mark, provided that no other teams within the group have the same number of points on completion of all group matches."

(https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/026a-1286c3028f34-c072d2f81d9b-1000--who-needs-what-to-go-through/)

Also explains why North Macedonia are already out – if goal difference came first, they'd still have a mathematical chance.

Billy Whizz
20-06-2021, 04:37 PM
I googled it and numerous sources saying goal difference first. E.g. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/euro-group-stages-decided-england-20797343

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/026a-1286c3028f34-c072d2f81d9b-1000--who-needs-what-to-go-through/

It’s all here, 3rd placed teams towards the bottom

How the four best third-placed teams are decided

With reference to article 21.03, the results of the third-placed teams are compared based on their three group stage matches, according to the following criteria:

a. higher number of points
b. superior goal difference
c. higher number of goals scored
d. higher number of wins
e. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received in all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points)
f. position in the overall European Qualifiers rankings

Moulin Yarns
20-06-2021, 04:40 PM
The easiest way to understand it is to look at group B table. Russia and Finland are both on 3 points, but Russia on - 3 goal difference is above Finland on 0 goal difference because of the head to head.

nonshinyfinish
20-06-2021, 05:28 PM
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/026a-1286c3028f34-c072d2f81d9b-1000--who-needs-what-to-go-through/

It’s all here, 3rd placed teams towards the bottom

How the four best third-placed teams are decided

With reference to article 21.03, the results of the third-placed teams are compared based on their three group stage matches, according to the following criteria:

a. higher number of points
b. superior goal difference
c. higher number of goals scored
d. higher number of wins
e. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received in all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points)
f. position in the overall European Qualifiers rankingsThat's referring to comparing third places across different groups, where obviously there is no head to head.

(That is possibly how various newspapers have ended up with the wrong info for how the groups themselves are decided.)

JimBHibees
20-06-2021, 05:56 PM

Yes

SteveHFC
20-06-2021, 11:55 PM

Win and we're through.

JOD
21-06-2021, 01:23 AM
Bad result tonight for us with Switzerland. To beat them we would have to win by 2 goals or score 4 goals and win by a goal. That's tough but it's the same for Croatia unless they score 2 goals.
A Wide open game in prospect.

DH1875
21-06-2021, 07:39 AM
Win and we're through.

Not that simple I'm afraid.

Billy Whizz
21-06-2021, 07:41 AM
Not that simple I'm afraid.

Things will hopefully become a bit clearer after tonight’s games

nonshinyfinish
21-06-2021, 07:41 AM
Bad result tonight for us with Switzerland. To beat them we would have to win by 2 goals or score 4 goals and win by a goal. That's tough but it's the same for Croatia unless they score 2 goals.

Hopefully won't matter. For four points to be enough regardless of goal difference, we need at least two of these things to happen:

- One of Russia (vs Denmark) and Finland (vs Belgium) loses in group B
- Ukraine vs Austria is not a draw in group C
- Spain beat Slovakia, or neither of Spain and Poland (vs Sweden) win in group E
- Portugal lose (vs France) and Hungary get at most one point (vs Germany) in group F

(I may have missed other permutations that leave a third-placed team on three points or lower.)

hibeedonald
21-06-2021, 09:16 AM
Thanks guys for clearing up the goal difference debate!

Hopefully results go our way today and we can go into tomorrow knowing a win will give us guaranteed qualification.

Hibernian Verse
21-06-2021, 09:25 AM

Don't think that game mattered, we should be fine with 4 points as two teams will have 3. It was "pointed" out on another thread.

Souter96Mac
21-06-2021, 09:25 AM
Gilmour has tested positive for covid, confirmed by the national team..oh dear

Keyser Sauzee
21-06-2021, 09:27 AM

Couldn’t make it up.

Hibernian Verse
21-06-2021, 09:28 AM
Sake.

Col2
21-06-2021, 09:30 AM
Unbelievable. MOTM on Friday as well.

This could escalate to several other players.

Hope BG is ok. He must also be devastated

flash
21-06-2021, 09:32 AM
How is that even possible?

McSwanky
21-06-2021, 09:33 AM

Oh no, that's a blow. He was outstanding on Friday. Hope the lad is ok first and foremost though.

Souter96Mac
Unbelievable. MOTM on Friday as well.

This could escalate to several other players.

Hope BG is ok. He must also be devastated

People saying that Robertson posted on Instagram last night a photo of him, BG and McGinn.

This could turn ugly

Keyser Sauzee
There has to be more to come, I doubt it will just be one positive case. He was playing table tennis with McGinn and Robertson on his Instagram last night for example.

Hibeesforever
21-06-2021, 09:34 AM
Players should have been vaccinated...ridiculous that they were not!

Iain G
21-06-2021, 09:35 AM

I guess could also miss our next game if we get through?

Surely could get a re-test?

Since90+2
21-06-2021, 09:39 AM
I guess could also miss our next game if we get through?

Surely could get a re-test?

He has to isolate for 10 days so it's very likely he's played his last game in the tournament.

Radium
21-06-2021, 09:43 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210621/46eda0ed208224aaa734ae0bb7032d9a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lendo
21-06-2021, 09:46 AM
You would assume there’s been a number of tests done to ensure it’s not a false positive. What’s ****ing blow!!

MWHIBBIES
21-06-2021, 09:50 AM
McGinn and Robertson self isolating as well. Well some rumours on twitter anyway.

Think they will be as there is a video of them playing table tennis with Gilmour yesterday or something.

JohnMcM
21-06-2021, 09:52 AM
FFS! Could anything more unlucky happen to us?

Diclonius
21-06-2021, 09:55 AM
**** off.

Keith_M
21-06-2021, 09:58 AM
Our chances of qualifying are going from slim to anorexic

Sir David Gray
21-06-2021, 09:59 AM
Genuinely couldn't make this up.

I was thinking it might be alphabetical order that would eliminate us tomorrow but this is a more Scottish way.

nonshinyfinish
21-06-2021, 10:01 AM
Anyone got a link to this table tennis picture/video? I'm clinging to the hope that they're outside or something. (Even though table tennis is crap outside if there's even a little bit of wind.)

Keyser Sauzee
21-06-2021, 10:06 AM
Anyone got a link to this table tennis picture/video? I'm clinging to the hope that they're outside or something. (Even though table tennis is crap outside if there's even a little bit of wind.)

Not got a link but it was definitely indoors, I seen it last night.

Ryan91
21-06-2021, 10:07 AM

Even if vaccinated, you can still get Covid

Blaster
McGinn and Robertson self isolating as well. Well some rumours on twitter anyway.

Think they will be as there is a video of them playing table tennis with Gilmour yesterday or something.

They were both training on a live clip on sky sports news 5 mins ago

Sir David Gray

Apparently it was posted on Instagram last night but has now been deleted.

ian cruise
21-06-2021, 10:08 AM

Even if they are vaccinated you can still catch coronavirus, it's not a live vaccine. It's just that your body has built up the ability to fight it better. So if Gilmour has been vaccinated he's likely to feel no ill effects but unfortunately he can pass it on to others hence the need to isolate.

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2021, 10:09 AM
Thats England and their luck, none of them got near him at Wembley to catch it.

DH1875
21-06-2021, 10:09 AM

If that's true, we are ducked.

Lendo
21-06-2021, 10:10 AM
There is a Scottish National Team parody account that’s saying McGinn and Robertson are self isolating. Seems to be a few people falling for it (me included).

nonshinyfinish
21-06-2021, 10:15 AM
Thats England and their luck, none of them got near him at Wembley to catch it.

Nonsense, Mason Mount was in his pocket for 75 minutes so he must be out.

DH1875
21-06-2021, 10:17 AM
Has the squad been been able to mix with others outwith the group or have they been together all this time. Wonder where he picked it up from.

flash
21-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Has the squad been been able to mix with others outwith the group or have they been together all this time. Wonder where he picked it up from.

That's what I was wondering. Surely they have been in the bubble for long enough that he couldn't have come in already having it

AgentDaleCooper
21-06-2021, 10:27 AM
All that needs to happen now is for us miss a pen in the 90th minute against Croatia at 0-0 and it will be the perfect scottish let down.

Sir David Gray
21-06-2021, 10:27 AM
There is a Scottish National Team parody account that’s saying McGinn and Robertson are self isolating. Seems to be a few people falling for it (me included).

Me too - here it is.

https://twitter.com/ScotIandNTT/status/1406909064983068675?s=19

PatHead
21-06-2021, 10:34 AM
Even if they are vaccinated you can still catch coronavirus, it's not a live vaccine. It's just that your body has built up the ability to fight it better. So if Gilmour has been vaccinated he's likely to feel no ill effects but unfortunately he can pass it on to others hence the need to isolate.

I have been double vaccinated but still managed to catch it. Really floored me for about 3 days though nothing like as bad as it would have had I not taken the vaccination.

It doesn't just go away once you have been vaccinated, just doesn't have the same impact.

Funny thing is I don't appear to have passed it on to anyone, including my wife.

21-06-2021, 10:34 AM
Me too - here it is.

Link not working for me.

Billy Whizz
21-06-2021, 10:35 AM
Bbc stil reporting that only Gilmour is out

flash
21-06-2021, 10:36 AM
Me too - here it is.

Strange enough that someone takes the trouble to create an account like this, stranger still that they are such a dick.

Scorrie
21-06-2021, 10:44 AM

We’re they not allowed a couple of days with their families by Clark just before the tournament started?

Sylar
21-06-2021, 10:49 AM
If it's just Gilmour, while a blow, it's not the end of the world. If it ends up being Gilmour plus Robertson and McGinn (and possible others), I don't like our chances.

What a ****show.

Sir David Gray
21-06-2021, 10:58 AM
Link not working for me.

The account's now been suspended.

CloudSquall
21-06-2021, 11:00 AM
Well that's certainly adding an all new dimension to the definition of glorious failure..

Hibs90
21-06-2021, 11:17 AM
It’s just Gilmour nobody else is self isolating