PDA

View Full Version : John McGinn

147lothian
24-05-2021, 10:54 AM
Will there be a bid for John McGinn this summer? I heard the Tottenham fan's lauding him and saying that he is exactly what they need after his display there on Weds and it seems like he had another good game against Chelsea on Sunday going by the player ratings the BBC site rated him highest of the Villa players

MWHIBBIES
24-05-2021, 12:21 PM
Very much doubt it. Villa are in a position to keep him, and there are better players likely to be available for less, namly Yves Bissouma at Brighton.

itslegaltender
24-05-2021, 12:52 PM
I cant see Villa selling him, especially if the get a mega bucks one in for Grealish. If anything , I think he will go the following season.

Gmack7
24-05-2021, 12:58 PM
If Brendan Rodgers moves to spurs or even arsenal I could see him going for SJM

Jones28
24-05-2021, 01:11 PM
I guess it depends who is the bidder too.

Centre Hawf
24-05-2021, 01:23 PM
I have a worry (from a Hibs chance to cash in perspective) that John McGinn may end up seeing out his career down there at Villa.

Newry Hibs
24-05-2021, 01:27 PM
I have a worry (from a Hibs chance to cash in perspective) that John McGinn may end up seeing out his career down there at Villa.

Or even just his contract.....

Lago
24-05-2021, 01:30 PM
Or even just his contract.....
On record as saying how much he enjoys being at the club.

Jonnyboy
24-05-2021, 01:47 PM
I watched SJM last night and the guy is just full of drive, determination and pride. All things we miserably failed to display in the cup final.

Newry Hibs
24-05-2021, 02:03 PM

I'm sure he does - and footballers usually do so they they love being at their present club.

But purely from a Hibs money point of view, we need him to move for big bucks, whether he likes it or not.

Hibbyradge
24-05-2021, 02:55 PM

I'm sure he does, but he's not going to say anything different unless he was angling for a move anyway.

If Villa receive a big enough offer, they'll want to sell him and once that's made clear, he'll leave.

The prospect of playing in the Champions League, and possibly winning it, plus the promise of another few million in the bank will also help ease any internal conflict he might initially have.

Since452
24-05-2021, 03:55 PM
I think he'll stay at Villa for the foreseeable which is obviously a shame from a Hibs point of view

147lothian
24-05-2021, 03:59 PM
There is loads of money in the EPL if any of the teams in the Champions league want to bid for him they are capable of doing so, John McGinn has always been loyal to the clubs he is with, so he is not going to angle for a move, but I can see Aston Villa being tempted if a big money offer comes in and that would force John McGinn's hand the only question is are any of the top teams going to bid for him?