PDA

View Full Version : Fitness and Conditioning of the team

gbhibby
22-05-2021, 11:04 PM
Some players were struggling with 15 mins to go. St Johnstone players looked in much better condition were still running and closing down till the last minute. In some of the games this season the team has faded in the second half of matches it is worse when playing at home.

During the match there was not enough pressing when we did not have the ball. There was also a lack of movement into open spaces. This has been apparent all season. Players are not working hard enough.

gaz1875
22-05-2021, 11:05 PM
We start most games painfully slow, there's something wrong there that's for sure.

Danderhall Hibs
22-05-2021, 11:20 PM
Just making stuff up now. We were terrible today in a one off game but our fitness and conditioning had been fine over the 9/10 month season where we finished 3rd - comfortably.

Maybe we should’ve set our fitness goals to scrape top 6 and then scrape 5th place on goal difference.

gbhibby
22-05-2021, 11:31 PM
Just making stuff up now. We were terrible today in a one off game but our fitness and conditioning had been fine over the 9/10 month season where we finished 3rd - comfortably.

Maybe we should’ve set our fitness goals to scrape top 6 and then scrape 5th place on goal difference.
Not making stuff up. Game against Motherwell and in some other games this season players have not looked fit enough,not enough movement when not in possession. We have looked better away from home as we play better on the break.

Danderhall Hibs
22-05-2021, 11:34 PM
Not making stuff up. Game against Motherwell and in some other games this season players have not looked fit enough,not enough movement when not in possession. We have looked better away from home as we play better on the break.

Was that the Motherwell game we won after 120 mins?

Unseen work
22-05-2021, 11:41 PM
I love how when we lose a game, no matter how big or small all of a sudden everything is wrong.

The manager.
The players.
The fitness.
Who is captain.
Who was allowed to go out on loan, even though it’s been fine up to this point.
Recruitment

Absolutley everything

We were very poor today, that’s it. It doesn’t meant we need to change everything.

I’ve not noticed fitness being an issue at any point this season. Fwiw I think it’s also a mental thing with fitness and the better you’re playing all of a sudden the fitter you feel.

Danderhall Hibs
22-05-2021, 11:43 PM
I love how when we lose a game, no matter how big or small all of a sudden everything is wrong.

The manager.
The players.
The fitness.
Who is captain.
Who was allowed to go out on loan, even though it’s been fine up to this point.
Recruitment

Absolutley everything

We were very poor today, that’s it. It doesn’t meant we need to change everything.

I’ve not noticed fitness being an issue at any point this season. Fwiw I think it’s also a mental thing with fitness and the better you’re playing all of a sudden the fitter you feel.

:agree: Fitness had never been mentioned while we strolled to 3rd place.