PDA

View Full Version : Penalty save

Stuart93
22-05-2021, 05:13 PM
Was a great save from the penalty and the follow up

**** knows what Porteous was doing before it, yet another error from him.

Was strange though, usually in a big game after a big penalty save like that it’ll gee the players up and make them have a go. They looked defeated from when st J scored

Nakedmanoncrack
22-05-2021, 05:14 PM
Was a great save from the penalty and the follow up

**** knows what Porteous was doing before it, yet another error from him.

Was strange though, usually in a big game after a big penalty save like that it’ll gee the players up and make them have a go. They looked defeated from when st J scored

:agree:

Should have had a lift from it - but no reaction, nothing.

gaz1875
22-05-2021, 05:15 PM
It was the only thing I cheered.

calumhibee1
Yup. Should have seen us get a lift but did it ****.

Well done Macey though. Great double save.

truehibernian
Was two terrific stops mate, agreed. Macey (sadly) was Man of the Match from a Hibs perspective. :aok:

bingo70
As someone who doubted Macey before I want to hold my hands up and say he completely proved me wrong. That double save was superb.

I can’t be arsed with what happened before it that led to the foul.

Danderhall Hibs
22-05-2021, 05:28 PM
Incredible that he made 2 great saves like that and we didn’t get the bounce from it.

BTW a save Marciano wouldn’t have made.

Stuart93
22-05-2021, 05:29 PM
Incredible that he made 2 great saves like that and we didn’t get the bounce from it.

BTW a save Marciano wouldn’t have made.

It was weird we didn’t get the bounce

I was screaming at the tv repeatedly for them to go get up the pitch and do it quicker. Everything was so pedestrian it was unreal

Pretty Boy
22-05-2021, 05:30 PM
Macey looks like a solid acquisition for us.

Came and collected at least half a dozen crosses comfortably. Made a good block from close range that he gathered at the 2nd attempt and the 2nd save in particular from the penalty was class.

Happy to go with him in goals next season.

Sir David Gray
22-05-2021, 05:35 PM
Great double save.

I'm sure someone will be able to explain why he wasn't but I expected McGinn to be sent off.

The Green Sea
22-05-2021, 05:35 PM
If we’d been one nil up against Hearts and had a penalty saved we’d all be sh###ing ourselves. Not when it’s Hibs though.

Alfred E Newman
22-05-2021, 05:38 PM

Correct. Showed us exactly the type of player we have wearing the Hibs Jersey at the moment. All right when things are going their way but gutless when the chips are down. No motivation from the touchline either.
Yet another dismal Hampden performance to file away with the many others.

plhibs
22-05-2021, 05:39 PM
Great double save, well done. Very telling when the cameras showed him really trying to get the other players to show some fight, but as we all saw it was a waste of his breath.

wookie70
22-05-2021, 05:43 PM
Great double save.

I'm sure someone will be able to explain why he wasn't but I expected McGinn to be sent off.

The referee must have thought McGinn made a genuine attempt to play the ball. Therefore double punishment of a pen and red card are not awarded and it is reduced to a pen and yellow. For me McGinn dodged a bullet as it wasn't much of an attempt to get the ball.

Bobby's Cinema
22-05-2021, 05:44 PM
Cracking saves that kept us in it and gave us a lifeline we couldn't take. From what I've seen it looks like we can be confident we have an able replacement for Rocky going into next season.

hibIBZ
22-05-2021, 05:58 PM
Fully confident that Macey as no.1 next year is a good idea, great double save and was excellent on taking high balls and commanding his box

Sir David Gray
22-05-2021, 06:11 PM
The referee must have thought McGinn made a genuine attempt to play the ball. Therefore double punishment of a pen and red card are not awarded and it is reduced to a pen and yellow. For me McGinn dodged a bullet as it wasn't much of an attempt to get the ball.

Thanks yeah I thought the rule said it couldn't be a red card only if the player's made a genuine attempt to win the ball. I didn't think he made an attempt to win the ball.

givescotlandfreedom
22-05-2021, 06:14 PM

Yep. Too bad the others didn't want to get their shorts dirty and come out of hiding.

Scotty Leither
22-05-2021, 06:20 PM
If we’d been one nil up against Hearts and had a penalty saved we’d all be sh###ing ourselves. Not when it’s Hibs though.

Yup...showed nothing after that. Sad.

scoopyboy
22-05-2021, 06:24 PM
Macey looks like a solid acquisition for us.

Came and collected at least half a dozen crosses comfortably. Made a good block from close range that he gathered at the 2nd attempt and the 2nd save in particular from the penalty was class.

Happy to go with him in goals next season.

Yes, me too. The only positive for me today.

I thought that the penalty save might have been a turning point but it never really changed a thing.

A Hi-Bee
22-05-2021, 06:27 PM
Yes the re-build should be from Macey outwards, we should steal the St Johnstone Defender Kerr, perhaps Rooney as well once Porto and Doig go, then start to look at the md-field and buy someone who can carry the ball from box to box. Macey was Hibs man of the match and that says it all.

B.H.F.C
22-05-2021, 06:28 PM

I thought that the penalty save might have been a turning point but it never really changed a thing.

That was the biggest disappointment for me today. That should have given us the encouragement to put a bit pressure on but there was absolutely no reaction.

H18S NX
22-05-2021, 06:28 PM
Noticed after the first save,St Johnstone player was first to react to the rebound.

gaz1875
22-05-2021, 06:57 PM
Great double save, well done. Very telling when the cameras showed him really trying to get the other players to show some fight, but as we all saw it was a waste of his breath.

I said exactly the same at the time, the only player I seen trying to gee up the players.

wookie70
22-05-2021, 07:18 PM
Just watched the penalty save again. No need for another viewing to know how well Macey did but the reaction of the outfield players to the rebound pretty much sums up the whole game.

Forgetting the pretty poor defending on the right we had three players to St Johnstone's one, Kane, on our left. Kane started moving so he was on the front foot, our three are like statues. Kane makes a slight move to Hanlon's out side and Hanlon is flat footed and Murphy is, well he just doesn't do defending. Kane then gets to the ball miles in front of our three and Murphy who was nearest to him hasn't even got in the box.

If the save had been the other side the Saints player was winning the race too. At our level of football it is simply unprofessional not to have a plan for making sure our defenders are first to any rebounds. Like our set pieces and much of our play it looks like there isn't much of a plan. We don't have a style of play or players using a formation to create overlaps and overloads. we only have get the ball to Boyle and keep everything crossed or the Hail Mary to Doidge. A few seconds gives a great indication of the player' mindset, desire and preparedness and none of it is positive. Well done Macey though.

matty_f
22-05-2021, 07:21 PM

Same, should have been the catalyst for the team. Was a point where you hope the game is going to turn, but the players didn’t rise to it.

McD
22-05-2021, 07:26 PM
Said exactly the same at the time, the outfield players should have taken the double save as a boost and used it to motivate themselves. Not a one of them.

macey was the only one who turned up today

Sammy7nil
22-05-2021, 07:37 PM

Said exactly the same at the time, the outfield players should have taken the double save as a boost and used it to motivate themselves. Not a one of them.

macey was the only one who turned up today

Correct Macey did his bit the glee at jut rolled over 🙈

Hibee Mac
22-05-2021, 09:22 PM
Just watched the penalty save again. No need for another viewing to know how well Macey did but the reaction of the outfield players to the rebound pretty much sums up the whole game.

Forgetting the pretty poor defending on the right we had three players to St Johnstone's one, Kane, on our left. Kane started moving so he was on the front foot, our three are like statues. Kane makes a slight move to Hanlon's out side and Hanlon is flat footed and Murphy is, well he just doesn't do defending. Kane then gets to the ball miles in front of our three and Murphy who was nearest to him hasn't even got in the box.

If the save had been the other side the Saints player was winning the race too. At our level of football it is simply unprofessional not to have a plan for making sure our defenders are first to any rebounds. Like our set pieces and much of our play it looks like there isn't much of a plan. We don't have a style of play or players using a formation to create overlaps and overloads. we only have get the ball to Boyle and keep everything crossed or the Hail Mary to Doidge. A few seconds gives a great indication of the player' mindset, desire and preparedness and none of it is positive. Well done Macey though.Totally agree, our forward play just seems headless at times. It does really feel like Ross chooses to leave the forward players to just get on with it and do their thing.

RE the saves, fantastic from Macey just a shame the players weren't up for it today. A disgrace that they couldn't even rally themselves together after a penalty save with 15 mins to go.

The dalmeny
22-05-2021, 09:33 PM
Great double save.

It’s a double jeopardy thing. The rules were changed a couple of seasons ago if it’s an outfield player it’s just a yellow. Had the situation been the same just outside the box hen it’s a red as it’s a free kick

The dalmeny
22-05-2021, 09:36 PM
Maces a big unit in the goal. One of the pundits said the kick itself wasn’t that great but it was low and hard. Macey did well to get down then back up for the follow up. Defenders needed to be quicker of the mark for that.