PDA

View Full Version : Are the Hibs players scared of the manager?

Scotty Leither
22-05-2021, 04:48 PM
i've tried desperately hard to warm to Ross, but i don't think the players are feared of him to be honest...

Our only meaningful contribution to a dreadful match was the goalie saving a penalty, which galvanised us to the square root of **** all in the last 15 minutes, yet all the manager can muster post-match is vacuous soundbites.

i'd have been terrified to leave the field after that abysmal showing to face my manager, but I suspect there's no teacups flying in the dressing room with nice avuncular Headmaster Jack at the helm.

easty
22-05-2021, 04:50 PM
I doubt any the St Johnstone players are scared of Calum Davidson, but they still won.

Stuart93
22-05-2021, 04:51 PM
How can you be scared of Jack Ross?

The most mundane guy I’ve ever seen

Fifehibby74
22-05-2021, 04:52 PM
Being scared of your manager doesn’t make up perform

Scotty Leither
22-05-2021, 04:54 PM
Being scared of your manager doesn’t make up perform

I wonder if the Man Utd players were scared of Ferguson?

Unseen work
22-05-2021, 04:55 PM
It’s 2021, players don’t or very rarely take to the old school style which some fans don’t seem to understand.

Ross can still go through them and does when it’s required.

Do you think St Johnstone players are scared of wee Callum Davidson? The happiest guy ever? No.

But the players have the guts to go out and do their job. It’s a Scottish cup final, what the manager says before the game should almost be irrelevant.

St Johnstone we’re right up for that today but we had guys like Nisbet that looked like he was too focussed on the Euros and not getting injured.

A manager can only do so much, come the first whistle it’s mainly out of their hands with the exception of subs etc. Murphy came on and made an impact, Hallberg came on and showed why he never started.

SlickShoes
22-05-2021, 04:56 PM
I wonder if the Man Utd players were scared of Ferguson?

Yes hibs are directly comptable to Man Utd.

Scotty Leither
22-05-2021, 05:01 PM
Yes hibs are directly comptable to Man Utd.

Whether you're a multi-million £ player, or a multi-million peseta player, you should be quivering in your boots at coming off a Cup Final display like that to face the ire of your manager.

That's my biggest issue with Ross, which was the same with Alex Miller - the team reflects the manager's personality - DULL - and that's what we got today in the biggest, extremely winnable game of the season.

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2021, 06:34 PM
It's 2021, no one is scared of managers anymore, and rightfully so.

Scotty Leither
22-05-2021, 06:38 PM
It's 2021, no one is scared of managers anymore, and rightfully so.

Naebody's feared of him on that showing, that's for sure.

Inconsequential
22-05-2021, 06:44 PM
The players were scared of St.Johnstone more like. They just didn't fancy it at all.

tamig
22-05-2021, 06:47 PM
I really think you’re trawling the depths on this one. Rule by fear doesn’t really work in many places nowadays. I suspect football is one of those places.

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2021, 06:50 PM
Naebody's feared of him on that showing, that's for sure.

No one doing a job should be scared of their manager.

No one was scared of Stubbs or Collins, and their teams turned up and won finals.

Swedish hibee
22-05-2021, 06:55 PM
You don't have to shout & scream anymore to succeed in sport. And fear doesn't make you perform any better anymore too. Times have changed totally. Playing ability is 50% the other is mentality.

The Captain....
22-05-2021, 07:06 PM
They seem scared of virtually everything but the manager isnt one of them imo. Tbh I think Ross has managed to get a tune out of a very average bunch of players in a very poor league this year, we were terrible today due to the fact that the players shat it (AGAIN)and we have one of the most dismal midfields Ive seen creatively at Hibs in years.

matty_f
22-05-2021, 07:08 PM
I don’t think you want a team that’s scared of their manager. That’s not a way to manage people.

matty_f
22-05-2021, 07:09 PM

No one was scared of Stubbs or Collins, and their teams turned up and won finals.

:agree:

How many City players are scared of Pep, or Liverpool players of Klopp?

Players were scared of Lennon, they lost big games and semi finals under him and we were eighth when he left after he’d clearly lost the dressing room.

Tommy75
22-05-2021, 07:16 PM

You're right that people doing a job shouldn't be scared of their manager. That said, does Cummings not say on Time for Heroes he was nervous about going in to the dressing room to face Stubbs after missing the penalty against Dundee Utd?

matty_f
22-05-2021, 07:17 PM
You're right that people doing a job shouldn't be scared of their manager. That said, does Cummings not say on Time for Heroes he was nervous about going in to the dressing room to face Stubbs after missing the penalty against Dundee Utd?

Not scared enough to not try a very risky penalty.