PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs

Jim44
22-05-2021, 03:37 PM
Putting my disappointment behind me, and repeating a point I made at half-time, it was disgraceful of Stubbs to accuse McGinn of intentional stamping. In some eyes, he is a Hibs legend for winning the cup, but I have always had reservations about his attitude towards Hibs, and his true colours were shown today. Can’t stand the man.

Magpie
22-05-2021, 03:38 PM
If only Stubbsy was manager today.

22-05-2021, 03:38 PM
He’s been a bit of a throbber since he left hibs. His treatment of st mirren was poor and has bizarre pops at their fans on Twitter.

BegbieHSC
22-05-2021, 03:39 PM
I missed that, but come on - on a day like today, you can’t stand the only man to win a Scottish cup in the past 120 years for us?

mcohibs
22-05-2021, 03:42 PM
Disgrace what he said about McGinn

Swedish hibee
22-05-2021, 03:47 PM
Can't stand the man that won us the cup? I love him whatever his opinion is!

bawheid
22-05-2021, 03:48 PM
I’m guessing there’s history with McGinn from when he was at St Mirren.

Jim44
I missed that, but come on - on a day like today, you can’t stand the only man to win a Scottish cup in the past 120 years for us?

Oh yes I can. We saw the incident over and over and it was absolutely clear that it was completely unintentional. How a professional could interpret that as a malicious action and make a point of it is disgraceful. You can hero worship the guy if you want, but he definitely has a wee anti Hibs agenda.

hibee62
Putting my disappointment behind me, and repeating a point I made at half-time, it was disgraceful of Stubbs to accuse McGinn of intentional stamping. In some eyes, he is a Hibs legend for winning the cup, but I have always had reservations about his attitude towards Hibs, and his true colours were shown today. Can’t stand the man.

Also doesn’t know the rules re the penalty.

Fergos
22-05-2021, 03:50 PM
I instantly thought that PM was maybe one of the players that did not perform when he was at St Mirren….

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 03:56 PM
If only Stubbsy was manager today.

We’d have won the cup if he was.

Magpie
22-05-2021, 03:56 PM
We’d have won the cup if he was.

I truly believe it.

Crab apple
22-05-2021, 03:57 PM

That's my take on it.

Hibee Mac
22-05-2021, 04:01 PM
Are you having a laugh mate? The guys a legend and what he said was nowhere near an attack on the player/club as you've made out.

For what it's worth Stubbs was bang on with his analysis at half time, he called it that we were not stamping out authority on them, instead just letting them play their stuffy type of game.

A Hi-Bee
22-05-2021, 04:01 PM

I would think so, for him to say that, we could all see it was just clumsy with one falling over the other, happens throughout any game no intent.

Jim44
22-05-2021, 04:20 PM
Are you having a laugh mate? The guys a legend and what he said was nowhere near an attack on the player/club as you've made out.

For what it's worth Stubbs was bang on with his analysis at half time, he called it that we were not stamping out authority on them, instead just letting them play their stuffy type of game.

I couldn’t care less about your meaningless second point. Can ‘legends’ spout nonsense and get away with it? It appears so.

mcohibs
22-05-2021, 05:01 PM
He spouts an absolute shower of ***** constantly. Mental he's managed to get his way into punditry. He's done well from Hibs. Quick to jump ship when there was another job in England and failed miserably. Then tries to talk his way back into the Hibs job in interviews whenever it's vacant.

#2 Double Tap
22-05-2021, 05:47 PM
he spoke the truth, we all seen it, no a stamping but defo a little naughty, mcginns wee smile afterwards kinda confirmed it.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-05-2021, 06:00 PM

He didn’t say it was an intentional stamp.

Said he thought he could have avoided putting his foot there tho.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-05-2021, 06:02 PM
Nah he's a fanny

Did you get lobotomised when you signed in?

Jim44
22-05-2021, 06:17 PM

????? Semantics. Stubbs knew what he was meaning and he was wrong.

Steve20
22-05-2021, 06:18 PM
He’s better than that clown who is manager right now.

Pretty Boy
22-05-2021, 06:19 PM
I ****ing love Alan Stubbs.

By all accounts McGinn was a driving force behind the player revolt at St Mirren that saw Stubbs punted. That doesn't excuse what he said today though, he was wrong and out of order

Jim44
22-05-2021, 06:24 PM
He’s better than that clown who is manager right now.

I kind of feel sorry for guys like you who are in a position of having to support a team led by somebody you obviously have no trust in or respect for. You’re in for a tough time next season when JR continues to do his best for the club.

mcohibs
22-05-2021, 06:25 PM

He said 'he knew what he was doing'

Jim44
22-05-2021, 06:28 PM
He said 'he knew what he was doing'

ie. - an intentional stamp in his opinion. Way out of order, and that from a Hibs legend. :rolleyes:

stokesmessiah
22-05-2021, 06:30 PM
Disgrace what he said about McGinn

No it’s not. He was 100% spot on - he knew exactly what he was doing.

Peevemor
22-05-2021, 06:32 PM
No it’s not. He was 100% spot on - he knew exactly what he was doing.

I don't think it was deliberate, but I don't think he went out his way to avoid it either.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-05-2021, 06:40 PM
I don't think it was deliberate, but I don't think he went out his way to avoid it either.

:agree:

Didn't hear Stubbsy's comments, but that's how I saw it at the time.

SingaporeHibs
22-05-2021, 06:45 PM
Omg, after today you are seriously taking a pop at Stubbs?!?!

McGinn didn’t stamp but looked a bit naughty to me as well. He knew what he was doing IMO.

But despite that point or not, Stubbs created the team that gave me the best day of my 45 years as a Hibs fan so let’s lay off the dramatics

Jim44
22-05-2021, 07:03 PM

C’mon, McGinn was falling backwards with no conception of where the St Johnstone player was. His reaction was spontaneous with no malice. Stubbs, mischievously sewed seeds of doubt. Out of order.

Peevemor
22-05-2021, 07:08 PM
C’mon, McGinn was falling backwards with no conception of where the St Johnstone player was. His reaction was spontaneous with no malice. Stubbs, mischievously sewed seeds of doubt. Out of order.Possibly, but I've seen players do more to avoid these things.

at last 61
22-05-2021, 07:20 PM
What's with the legend status stubbs got lucky that he was in charge when we won the cup would you call Fraser fyfie a legend

Pretty Boy
23-05-2021, 07:19 AM
What's with the legend status stubbs got lucky that he was in charge when we won the cup would you call Fraser fyfie a legend

Stubbs got 'lucky' that he led a team that he helped build to 2 domestic finals and won one of them?

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2021, 07:31 AM

Yes. If he hadn't decided to let the ball run out for a corner we wouldn't have equalised. If he hadn't timed his pass perfectly for Stokes to force the last corner we wouldn't have got the winner. So yes, like the whole team he is a legend.