PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross Not Out

Tricla
22-05-2021, 03:07 PM
I count 2 threads at least stating he should be out and this is all his fault. However, any 11 we put out today and in any formation, should be able to beat St Johnstone if they turn up. I can handle losing but losing like that isn't acceptable. For me, that lies with the players.

We never did the basics today. Passes went astray. We were soft in the tackle. We were slow. We had two front players who both stayed forward. Neither dropped short to take the ball,link up play and create space behind. We humped it constantly (I refuse to believe that's JR's tactic). We passed it back. We passed it sideways. Nobody took anyone on. We jumped into tackles and blocks rather than timing it. We defended like fannies.

While the manager is responsible for shape and tactics, he can't do anything about players being ***** and not taking responsibility. They know how to play at the end of the day.

The players lost that IMO. Not the manager.

1875Sean
22-05-2021, 03:08 PM
Embarrassing from some folk on here, as a Team we were bad but the first time we have finished third in 15 years or so

ScottB
22-05-2021, 03:10 PM
The manager picks the players, the tactics, can change things as we go and sub the ones who aren’t delivering.

There’s no version of this where it’s ‘the players’ fault and Jack gets to sit at the side thinking it’s not his fault. The players were **** and so was he.

churchie16
22-05-2021, 03:11 PM
The footballs absolutely murder finished 3rd cause the rest of the league has been poor, bottled 3 times at hampden, should have been binned when we got barge off the worst hearts team 4-0 at Easter road 18 months ago, absolute hibs mentality happy clapping this loser but bang on we’re the 3rd/4th biggest club in Scotland absolutely laughable the biggest bottle jobs in Scotland and that’s us, jog on with this gash

Tricla
22-05-2021, 03:11 PM
The manager picks the players, the tactics, can change things as we go and sub the ones who aren’t delivering.

There’s no version of this where it’s ‘the players’ fault and Jack gets to sit at the side thinking it’s not his fault. The players were **** and so was he.

They were all *****. He can't sub them all.

He should be able to rely on any player to do the basics.

Since452
22-05-2021, 03:12 PM
Players bottled it not Jack Ross. They need to take some responsibility

neil7908
Embarrassing from some folk on here, as a Team we were bad but the first time we have finished third in 15 years or so

Who cares about third after the chances we've had this season? We'll get put out in Europe by the first half decent team we come across.

Players don't get a medal for finishing 3rd.

ScottB
As for finishing third? Who cares. I’d take the cup and finish 10th any day. Third and papped out in the 5th qualifying round of the new intertoto is not an achievement. Winning things is an achievement.

ScottB
22-05-2021, 03:13 PM
They were all *****. He can't sub them all.

He should be able to rely on any player to do the basics.

Any yet they all continually fail to do that on the big occasions. He and his staff carry responsibility for that. This isn’t a one off, it’s not a fluke. This match went no different than our last few 1-0 defeats to St Johnstone.

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 03:14 PM

:agree:

It’s not the players OR the manager.

Today, it was both.

The players were dreadful but they’ve been sent out to play in the exact same way against a team who beat us every time we play that way. Who’s fault is that?

Porteous ahead of McGregor after his recent performances is one of the worst personnel decisions I’ve seen in a long time. So many people called it on here that Porteous would be all over the shop yet we still went with him. You could see it coming a ****ing mile away.

Jim44
I count 2 threads at least stating he should be out and this is all his fault. However, any 11 we put out today and in any formation, should be able to beat St Johnstone if they then up. I can handle losing but losing like that isn't acceptable. For me, that lies with the players.

We never did the basics today. Passes went astray. We were soft in the tackle. We were slow. We had two front players who both stayed forward. Neither dropped short to take the ball,link up play and create space behind. We humped it constantly (I refuse to believe that's JR's tactic). We passed it back. We passed it sideways. Nobody took anyone on. We humped into tackles and blocks rather than timing it. We defended like fannies.

While the manager is responsible for shape and tactics, he can't do anything about players being ***** and not taking responsibility. They know how to play at the end of the day.

Totally agree. All the guys who are screaming for JR’s scalp should contact Ron Gordon, who’ll tell them to behave. I will concede, now, that we will see a big exodus of players in the next week or so.

Santa Cruz
Game could have went either way, 1 goal in it. S**t happens some folk need to get a grip

chrisski33
22-05-2021, 03:18 PM
both shat it today! lack of passion from both players and manager in fact never seen any passion from Ross ever. fk 3rd place would rather have won the cup

Tricla
Game could have went either way, 1 goal in it. S**t happens some folk need to get a grip

I disagree. We were terrible. St Johnstone played as expected. Of we turned up we'd have won. We didn't and we lost.

calumhibee1

What? Either way? We were second best in every department and well beaten.

One Day Soon
22-05-2021, 03:19 PM
What the actual **** is he on?

supermcginn

Not really. These was only one winner after they scored.. We've just lost a Scottish cup final but you don't seem to care?

A Hi-Bee
Totally agree. All the guys who are screaming for JR’s scalp should contact Ron Gordon, who’ll tell them to behave. I will concede, now, that we will see a big exodus of players in the next week or so.

Will we replace them with better i dont think so, and I dont think the fitba under JR will get any better, that was just another boot in the baws for us long suffering supporters who give up our time and money for this pisch.

neil7908
22-05-2021, 03:20 PM

Come on. We've played 4, lost 4,scored 0 against St Johnstone. That is NOT luck.

DH1875
22-05-2021, 03:21 PM
I've clearly watched a different game from him. His post match comments/interview is a disgrace. Who's he kidding FFS.

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2021, 03:21 PM
I count 2 threads at least stating he should be out and this is all his fault. However, any 11 we put out today and in any formation, should be able to beat St Johnstone if they turn up. I can handle losing but losing like that isn't acceptable. For me, that lies with the players.

We never did the basics today. Passes went astray. We were soft in the tackle. We were slow. We had two front players who both stayed forward. Neither dropped short to take the ball,link up play and create space behind. We humped it constantly (I refuse to believe that's JR's tactic). We passed it back. We passed it sideways. Nobody took anyone on. We humped into tackles and blocks rather than timing it. We defended like fannies.

This is probably the stupidest statement possible. No. The manager is in charge of how they plan, where they play, motivating them, training them etc. There is a reason it ends with the manager.

7 Up
22-05-2021, 03:22 PM

Disagree with that. One team looked organised and motivated out there and the other didn't. No surprise which team won that game.

HH81
22-05-2021, 03:29 PM
His interview is pretty embrassing.

He should have said it was unacceptable not there was not a huge amount in the game.

Happy with how season went, well I'm not. I want to win cups!!!!

Tricla
22-05-2021, 03:29 PM
This is probably the stupidest statement possible. No. The manager is in charge of how they plan, where they play, motivating them, training them etc. There is a reason it ends with the manager.

I agree. However, he can't stop them being ***** and not able to do the basics on the day which is why we got beat today.

J-C
22-05-2021, 03:30 PM

Wheres the medal for finishing 3rd

HibeeHendo
22-05-2021, 03:31 PM
Let’s be honest, Ross set us up to play into their hands.

Heisenberg
22-05-2021, 03:31 PM
Wheres the medal for finishing 3rd

Does that mean it’s not an achievement like? **** sake.

Magpie
22-05-2021, 03:35 PM
Losing to a Championship Hearts team. Losing to St Johnstone 3-0 in a cup semi final and then losing 1-0 to them in a Scottish Cup final. It’s not good enough. If I was the owner/chairman I would be asking questions.

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2021, 03:40 PM
Let’s be honest, Ross set us up to play into their hands.

100%

Cross after cross. How stupid can you be.

Nicho87
22-05-2021, 03:41 PM
Why does the title of my thread get changed

Ridiculous

Happy clappers.net???

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 03:42 PM

Ridiculous

Happy clappers.net???

:faf:

neil7908
22-05-2021, 03:42 PM

We finished 3rd with the 4th biggest budget in the league, and Aberdeen sacking their manager. Its an achievement, but won most fans won't be remembering fondly in years to come.

Unlike 2016 and 2007.

J-C
22-05-2021, 03:43 PM

Yes it's an achievement but we've had great opportunities to win a cup this season, 2 semi losses and a brutal final performance but getting 3rd was easier this season due to a poor Aberdeen and no Hearts, add in pretty poor teams in the league. Not picking up at least 1 cup win is very poor, more so today when it seems Ross has learnt absolutely nothing in 4 games against St Johnstone.

Bridge hibs
22-05-2021, 03:43 PM

Ridiculous

Happy clappers.net???This is not your thread, can I have what your drinking, must be powerful stuff 🤣

Crookie88
22-05-2021, 03:52 PM
3rd place finish is great but the football is terrible surely that's down to him it's pedestrian and predictable.

I'd be willing to give him another season but things on the pitch need to improve. We are bound to those players this summer so his and hibs recruitment needs to be good and I've got to be honest the midfield needs a replaced.

sean04
22-05-2021, 03:55 PM
3rd place finish is great but the football is terrible surely that's down to him it's pedestrian and predictable.

I'd be willing to give him another season but things on the pitch need to improve. We are bound to those players this summer so his and hibs recruitment needs to be good and I've got to be honest the midfield needs a replaced.

St Johnstone won 2 cups playing horrible defensive football

Nicho87
22-05-2021, 03:56 PM
Your right Ross has nothing to do with it

They fully deserved it

Clappers happy

Since452
22-05-2021, 04:00 PM
Players ****ed it not Ross

Crookie88
22-05-2021, 04:00 PM
St Johnstone won 2 cups playing horrible defensive football

At least its defensive though. Hibs is just terrible. Eye bleeding slow back pass to Hanlon to hoof it forward to Boyle or Doidge.

Magpie
22-05-2021, 04:02 PM
Players ****ed it not Ross

I agree to a certain extent but Hearts and St Johnstone twice? No McGregor who has been our best player in recent weeks. Manager has to take blame.

Up The Bracket
22-05-2021, 04:03 PM
Folk blaming the players not Ross just don’t know anything about football.

Yes, the players share a part of the blame but St Johnstone played exactly the same as that in the last 2 games against us and we never laid a glove on them and the manager didn’t learn, he didn’t change anything he just let it happen.

The only reason we didn’t win the cup today is because St Johnstone have a better manager than us, simple, he out thought us and totally had our manager on strings, if you can’t see that, you don’t know anything about football I’m sorry.

Tricla
22-05-2021, 04:15 PM

Yes, the players share a part of the blame but St Johnstone played exactly the same as that in the last 2 games against us and we never laid a glove on them and the manager didn’t learn, he didn’t change anything he just let it happen.

The only reason we didn’t win the cup today is because St Johnstone have a better manager than us, simple, he out thought us and totally had our manager on strings, if you can’t see that, you don’t know anything about football I’m sorry.

I think you're wrong. Managers tactics etc. are irrelevant if players turn in inept, sub-amatuer performances.

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 04:17 PM
I think you're wrong. Managers tactics etc. are irrelevant if players turn in inept, sub-amatuer performances.

What if the players are carrying out the instructions of the manager? The same instructions that keep seeing us get beat by St Johnstone?

The players play to a game plan. The way we played today was ****ing horrendous. If they’ve deviated from that plan to such a huge degree then I doubt Ross would have been praising them after the game.

Phil MaGlass
22-05-2021, 04:25 PM
Ross can get tae fq, if Ron cannae see he is not upto the job he needs tae go, we were in prime position for two cups and he blew it against st bloody johnsone ffs, same old same old get him tae fq

A Hi-Bee
22-05-2021, 04:30 PM
I thought the thread was some strange thing about cricket "not out" he may walk or he may stay, dont think Hibs are gonna be much better either way we just dont have the money to buy real quality, so we put the green tinted glasses on and pretend that we have a great team just pisch to turn up for a game like that, who knows we may find oot later some behind the scenes goings on such as in other cup finals, at least then I could understand the team being so sheite.

Tricla
22-05-2021, 04:33 PM
What if the players are carrying out the instructions of the manager? The same instructions that keep seeing us get beat by St Johnstone?

The players play to a game plan. The way we played today was ****ing horrendous. If they’ve deviated from that plan to such a huge degree then I doubt Ross would have been praising them after the game.

Do you really think any manager would instruct his team to play like we did today?

As for his interview, I never saw it but I presume he was being diplomatic and protective of players who let themselves, him and us down today.

Not So Young
22-05-2021, 04:37 PM
Hard as the result is to take the players are more to blame than Ross

Steve20
22-05-2021, 04:41 PM
When is the bus parade or party for finishing 3rd???

Yeah there is none because it’s not actually as huge a deal. Congrats on accepting bottle job after bottle job under Jack Ross.

Some of us want better and to actually look like we might win a trophy.

Inconsequential
22-05-2021, 04:42 PM

The only reason we didn’t win the cup today is because St Johnstone have a better manager than us, simple, he out thought us and totally had our manager on strings, if you can’t see that, you don’t know anything about football I’m sorry. Don't be so condescending to other Hibs supporters. Your know nothing about football remarks are insulting to many. Hibs were beaten by a boring brand of football and the players had no idea how to react to it. Were the team playing to the manager's instructions? Poor performance from the players although credit in achieving 3rd place. Football is weird.

Steve20
22-05-2021, 04:42 PM
Hard as the result is to take the players are more to blame than Ross

Did they pick the team and formation? Yes the players were pathetic, but the man in charge is as much to blame.

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 04:45 PM
Do you really think any manager would instruct his team to play like we did today?

As for his interview, I never saw it but I presume he was being diplomatic and protective of players who let themselves, him and us down today.

No.

I do think our manager is instructing our team to play in a way that isn’t working against St Johnstone though, hence why we perform against them like we did today.

Posters on here could see it in the build up to the final but Jack Ross apparently couldn’t.

Dalianwanda
22-05-2021, 04:47 PM
As for finishing third? Who cares. I’d take the cup and finish 10th any day. Third and papped out in the 5th qualifying round of the new intertoto is not an achievement. Winning things is an achievement.

A whole season of misery? no thanks

A Hi-Bee
22-05-2021, 04:47 PM

Spot on I can except my team getting beat while playing well, by another team who plays even better, but apart from one game that JR has been in charge o we have gone down with very insipid performances, so something is wrong, not just the players.

scoopyboy
22-05-2021, 04:48 PM

Ridiculous

Happy clappers.net???

What a plum you are

Lester B
22-05-2021, 04:51 PM
What a plum you are

Thank you. That made me smile for the first time since 2pm

SingaporeHibs
22-05-2021, 04:54 PM
Gutted to lose but more disappointed that JR never seems to learn. It’s a cup final so pick the most inform players and learn from everything else that happened this season. McGregor was MOTM last 2 games but is back on the bench, please anyone explain that? Gogic......blocker and not a footballer....our best performances all season were when he wasn’t able to play and yet he still starts!!! We all know how saints play and yet we didn’t set out to compete against that. Yes, there was a lack of everything today but it’s all in the preparation and we failed. Manager has to take some blame. 3rd in the worst SPL league of all time. This is nowhere near the best Hibs team for however many years, it’s a bang average Hibs team at best. It all says more about how bad the opponents have got than it says about the quality of our squad

Zambernardi1875
22-05-2021, 04:55 PM

In all seriousness why protect them? Incase he hurt their feelings.

scoopyboy
22-05-2021, 04:58 PM

What if the players didn't carry out the manager's instructions though? Surely that would have to be the players fault.

Tricla
22-05-2021, 04:59 PM
In all seriousness why protect them? Incase he hurt their feelings.

Probably because he, unlike most if us, sees the bigger picture and realises we've actually done well this year.

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 05:01 PM
What if the players didn't carry out the manager's instructions though? Surely that would have to be the players fault.

Listen to Jack Ross interview after the game and tell me they didn’t do that. He’s ****ing praising them.

If he’s praising them, they’ve most likely carried out his instructions.

If they’ve not, then he’s lost the plot if he’s praising them anyway.

CockneyRebel
22-05-2021, 05:17 PM
[E=1875Sean;6574211]Embarrassing from some folk on here, as a Team we were bad but the first time we have finished third in 15 years or so[/QUOTE]

Because of JR or in spite of him?

How many times have we played St J and how many times have we shaped up the same way and how many times have we got pumped. Their manager has been in the job 5 minutes and beat us how many times? And how easily? Yeah I'm angry and this is a bit knee jerk but other Scottish sides manage to beat St J over the season. They are not a crap side but we NEVER look good against them. All through the game all of their players looked like they knew where everyone else was. They were so up for it and we so weren't. That is the worst I have seen us play since Hecky was in charge and ........ oh FFS I'm off to drown my sorrows.

Saint Hibee
22-05-2021, 05:23 PM
Ultimately football managers are always where the buck stops because it’s their job to train, instruct, and motivate the players.

scoopyboy
22-05-2021, 05:45 PM
Listen to Jack Ross interview after the game and tell me they didn’t do that. He’s ****ing praising them.

If he’s praising them, they’ve most likely carried out his instructions.

If they’ve not, then he’s lost the plot if he’s praising them anyway.

I saw his post match interview on BBC.

Wasn't sure what to make of it to be honest.

Trying to be dignified in defeat?

Defending his players in public but going to rip them up behind closed doors?

I'm bemused to be honest.

B.H.F.C
22-05-2021, 05:49 PM

He’s not kidding anyone on with what he said. I’m not sure he was trying to either. Equally, I’m not sure he’d be ripping in to them behind closed doors.

There was a lot of today that didn’t shock me, that interview included.

Scotty Leither
22-05-2021, 05:55 PM

It doesn't help when the interviewer is utterly dire at her job and repeats the mantra "did Hibs have their tails up after Macey saved the penalty" about twenty times, and doesn't question him about his sterile tactics and lack of urgency, and gives him a get-out re the 3rd place league finish, but maybe that's the BBC Weegie mindset that patronising guff like that passes for a "challenging" interview.

Or maybe i'm half-pished and pissed off at the result, who knows?

scoopyboy
22-05-2021, 06:02 PM
It doesn't help when the interviewer is utterly dire at her job and repeats the mantra "did Hibs have their tails up after Macey saved the penalty" about twenty times, and doesn't question him about his sterile tactics and lack of urgency, and gives him a get-out re the 3rd place league finish, but maybe that's the BBC Weegie mindset that patronising guff like that passes for a "challenging" interview.

Or maybe i'm half-pished and pissed off at the result, who knows?

Dire interviewers seem to be the norm these days I'm afraid.

Couldn't blame you if you're half pished and I'm sure we are all pissed of at the result.

SeanWilson
22-05-2021, 06:07 PM
You're telling me that he picked the correct team/tactics 🤣 f off. That Hibs team should have demolished them, yet we were made to look like a non league team today. That's on him

Since452
22-05-2021, 06:08 PM
If only Jack Ross had worn the shirt today ffs.

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 06:09 PM
If only Jack Ross had worn the shirt today ffs.

I’d be lying if I said I could remember much of Ross as a player other than putting an Ian Murray cross into his own net!

SeanWilson
22-05-2021, 06:10 PM
[E=1875Sean;6574211]Embarrassing from some folk on here, as a Team we were bad but the first time we have finished third in 15 years or so

Because of JR or in spite of him?

How many times have we played St J and how many times have we shaped up the same way and how many times have we got pumped. Their manager has been in the job 5 minutes and beat us how many times? And how easily? Yeah I'm angry and this is a bit knee jerk but other Scottish sides manage to beat St J over the season. They are not a crap side but we NEVER look good against them. All through the game all of their players looked like they knew where everyone else was. They were so up for it and we so weren't. That is the worst I have seen us play since Hecky was in charge and ........ oh FFS I'm off to drown my sorrows.[/QUOTE]

You'll get pelters but you're bang on.

scoopyboy
22-05-2021, 06:14 PM
I’d be lying if I said I could remember much of Ross as a player other than putting an Ian Murray cross into his own net!

I only remember him as a player as I used him in football quizzes.

Name reversal ones as in Jack Ross and Ross Jack, John Collins and Collins John, etc.

Not much of a glowing report:greengrin