PDA

View Full Version : Porteous

dastardly8
22-05-2021, 02:54 PM
I took some stick on here saying McGregor should be playing ahead of porteous this season I think im due an apology after watching that today

Bostonhibby
22-05-2021, 02:55 PM
We needed McGregor out there today.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

we are hibs
22-05-2021, 02:56 PM
Embarrassment. Get him sold.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sorrow sorrow
22-05-2021, 02:57 PM
Yes porteous was shocking but so was every player in that team.
Jack Ross gtf.

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2021, 02:57 PM
Thick as a donkeys dick as a footballer. Need a goal and he gives away foul after foul. Dreadful.

Sell and bring in a new centre back.

SteveHFC
22-05-2021, 02:58 PM
Get him to ****.

A complete liability.

Smartie
22-05-2021, 02:58 PM
He’s a shambles at the moment and it was a terrible call to play him ahead of McGregor.

Arguably not the reason we lost the game - it was our lack of threat further forward that was ultimately responsible for that.

noz
22-05-2021, 02:59 PM
We needed McGregor out there today.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

I would have preferred McGregor todsy too, buts thats not why we lost this today. We just never turned up, we looked jaded

Since452
Biggest mistake was not starting Daz

Hiber-nation
As poor a decision by a manager as I can recall. Truly astonishing.

ScottB
Jogging around, failing to get back after his pointless adventures forward, his mistake led to the penalty.

If he still wants to go to Milwall he’s more than welcome to.

number9dream
22-05-2021, 03:00 PM
He was absolutely dreadful. But so was Doig and so was Irvine. The rest were just rubbish. Pathetic from start to finish.

Greencore
Too many errors. I'll pay his flight to England.

Unseen work
Porteous/McGregor was the least of my worries after how bad we were going forward.

Only thing McGregor might have done differently is have them a rollicking on the pitch and told them to pull their finger out.

Nisbet and Boyle were a disgrace for me and I don’t normally say that. Neither the least bit interested.

MKHIBEE
22-05-2021, 03:04 PM
I would imagine RP’s value has taken a hammering recently but he was not the only poor player today. Stick pins on the team sheet and you will find one.

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-05-2021, 03:06 PM
I'm more concerned at how little involvement Boyle, Nisbet, Doidge and Irvine had in the game

But well done you for suggesting Portwous should've been dropped earlier in the season

supermcginn
22-05-2021, 03:10 PM
He couldn't lace McGregor's boots

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 03:11 PM
A ****ing dreadful decision from Jack Ross to play him.

He’s not half as good as he or some on here think he is.

CloudSquall
22-05-2021, 03:17 PM
I'll be surprised if he makes the bus back in time given how he has to find his way out of Kane's pocket.

KingPat4
22-05-2021, 03:17 PM
After Porto's display in the 3-0 game, it's incredible that JR went with him again. Especially when you consider the form Daz has been in.

And I thought a team captain was supposed to drive his players on?

Hanlon gave absolutely no leadership, he rarely does.

:fuming:

Stuart93
22-05-2021, 03:18 PM
Aye time for him to go

He’s really no improved and is error prone now as he ever was

S4uzee
22-05-2021, 03:18 PM
He’s an absolute liability

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 03:20 PM
Aye time for him to go

He’s really no improved and is error prone now as he ever was

He’s a worse player now than the one that broke through.

Seen plenty saying he’s come on leaps and bounds this season which is simply laughable.

OstKurve Hibs
22-05-2021, 03:22 PM
Ross made wrong call today, he decided not to hurt ryan porteous feelings instead of fielding the strongest team to win us the cup!

Septimus
22-05-2021, 03:23 PM
Blaming Porteous for that defeat is hardly fair. We have seen how St. Johnstome play and been well warned what would happen to the long balls up the park. Apart from Macey not many of the team can hold their heads up tonight.

Now for the fire sale.

Dalianwanda
22-05-2021, 03:24 PM
I took some stick on here saying McGregor should be playing ahead of porteous this season I think im due an apology after watching that today

Your due fck all....We didn’t lose because of one decision we lost because we didn’t show up collectively.

BroxburnHibee
22-05-2021, 03:26 PM
Playing Ryan instead of Daz didn't cost us that final. Playing Newell did. He's an imposter in my opinion. Said it all season!

Sir David Gray
22-05-2021, 03:27 PM
He's nowhere near good enough in far too many games for us.

Slowly becoming a liability and whilst hindsight's a wonderful thing there's no way he should have been playing ahead of McGregor today.

OstKurve Hibs
22-05-2021, 03:28 PM
Just to clarify, I'm not sayin its portos fault we lost, I'm sayin that daz shoulda started ahead of him or hanlon, he woulda drove the team on wi his leadership qualities and got that extra 10% outta the team that's needed in cuo finals,
Daz should 100% started and the decision for the other centre back slot shoulda been between portion n hanlon n not dan or porto

tonyrougier123
Was never the choice over Daz today from the start.

calumhibee1
Ross made wrong call today, he decided not to hurt ryan porteous feelings instead of fielding the strongest team to win us the cup!

Yup.

Scared of disappointing him as there was no other excuse for that decision.

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2021, 03:29 PM
Playing Ryan instead of Daz didn't cost us that final. Playing Newell did. He's an imposter in my opinion. Said it all season!

You'd have been wrong all season then, as he was vital in us getting 3rd.

Newall didn't cost us today. A shocking soft goal which was **** from McGinn, Boyle and Doig and absolutely zero effort from Boyle and Nisbet cost us.

Constantly crossing the ball into 3 centre backs who just eat crosses up was the worst gameplan I've seen.

sean04
22-05-2021, 03:29 PM
Terrible, take the money if it’s still on the table

The_Exile
22-05-2021, 03:31 PM

Newall didn't cost us today. A shocking soft goal which was **** from McGinn, Boyle and Doig and absolutely zero effort from Boyle and Nisbet cost us.

Constantly crossing the ball into 3 centre backs who just eat crosses up was the worst gameplan I've seen.

Totally agree on that last point there, I fully expected us to run at that defence all afternoon. That game plan was utterly baffling.

BroxburnHibee
22-05-2021, 03:32 PM

I agree with that but our best performances all season have been when Newell was out the team. He slows things down - plays backwards more often than not, Christ even the BBC team highlighted his poor choices at half time today!

noz
22-05-2021, 03:33 PM
Would have preferred McGregor too, but thats not why we lost this, Boyle & Nisbet decided not to bother turning up to day. They make the difference.

mcohibs
22-05-2021, 03:58 PM
He is not a good football player

truehibernian
22-05-2021, 04:16 PM
He is not a good football player

He’s a good player, just not as good as he thinks he is. He was lucky to stay on the park today too.

givescotlandfreedom
22-05-2021, 04:21 PM
Too busy blaming everyone else to take any responsibility for his own howlers.

Crab apple
22-05-2021, 04:26 PM
Selling him and bringing in Jason Kerr as his replacement and captain would be a good bit of business.
McGinn and Boyle should have stopped the cross for the goal. Porto's errors could have meant us losing by more.

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2021, 04:26 PM
I agree with that but our best performances all season have been when Newell was out the team. He slows things down - plays backwards more often than not, Christ even the BBC team highlighted his poor choices at half time today!

Thats not true. He has played in most of our best performances.

Livi 4-1 win
St Mirren away 3-0 win
Motherwell away 3-0 win
Hamilton away 4-0 win
Dundee United semi final 2-0 win
Rangers at home 2-2 draw

Played them all.

Nicho87
22-05-2021, 04:27 PM
Bye

Fifehibby74
22-05-2021, 04:27 PM
Would take a. Million for him all day

Spudster
22-05-2021, 04:31 PM
“Sold” would suggest he has value that someone is willing to pay

Pretty Boy
22-05-2021, 04:32 PM
Porteous will have a good career in the game.

The slow pace of his learning means it won't be a great one though. He still makes the same mistakes he was making 3 season ago.

We all want the best for our youngsters but he's limited.

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 04:33 PM
Porteous will have a good career in the game.

The slow pace of his learning means it won't be a great one though. He still makes the same mistakes he was making 3 season ago.

We all want the best for our youngsters but he's limited.

I honestly don’t think he’ll go much higher than us as a regular starter.

If he gets a move to the Championship he’ll be badly exposed and be back up the road to imo.

A semi decent top tier defender in Scotland. Nothing more, nothing less.

scoopyboy
22-05-2021, 04:34 PM
Selling him and bringing in Jason Kerr as his replacement and captain would be a good bit of business.
McGinn and Boyle should have stopped the cross for the goal. Porto's errors could have meant us losing by more.

Was just about to post this nearly word for word.

We would have a few quid left over as well.

Biggest disappointments for me today were Boyle and Nisbet, I was convinced they were going to be the match winners

Pretty Boy
22-05-2021, 04:36 PM

Gogic has to take responsibility for the goal as well.

All Wotherspoon can do is cut on to his right, Gogic is in mid air when he does it and totally sold himself.

CmoantheHibs
22-05-2021, 04:43 PM
He is taking a pounding on here and certainly didn’t have a good game today but he has been superb for most of the season. He has made a few high profile errors which have swayed opinions but I hope he is here next season.

houstonhibbee
22-05-2021, 04:48 PM
I am convinced we would have at least given it a much better shot with mcgregor and Hallberg instead of Porteous and Newell
that was absolutely shocking

mcohibs
22-05-2021, 04:48 PM
I honestly don’t think he’ll go much higher than us as a regular starter.

If he gets a move to the Championship he’ll be badly exposed and be back up the road to imo.

A semi decent top tier defender in Scotland. Nothing more, nothing less.

I take it you mean Scottish Championship aye?

Crab apple
22-05-2021, 05:03 PM

All Wotherspoon can do is cut on to his right, Gogic is in mid air when he does it and totally sold himself.

He does as does Doig as I said earlier. But the point is that two of our players didn't even make half hearted attempts to stop Booth. Do your job and Spoony doesn't get the chance to embarass Gogic.

Smartie
22-05-2021, 05:06 PM
I think he's a poorer player than the one who originally broke into our team.

At that point he was raw but had that wee bit of caution that goes with a young player breaking into the team and was maybe a bit more aware of his shortcomings.

His head was turned in January and since then I've had the sense that he thinks he's above us.

If we can get any sort of sum of money for him then we should as he's absolutely 100% not good enough to play for us right now.

We've had players in the past who have had dodgy reputations re being error prone, but the likes of Bamba and Ambrose very rarely made the sort of mistakes that earned those reputations whilst wearing a Hibs shirt.

Porteous has been all over the place for a while and I think both we and he need a clean break as we cannot carry a player playing at that standard in that position.

Some of his mistakes have been punished but he's been very lucky to get away with a few more.

St Johnstone have shown what you can achieve when you have solid, dependable players in the right positions who just don't make mistakes.

I thought it was very poor management from Ross to start him today. Dropping him might have been the making of him, even if it put his nose out of joint. Instead, he put in a very shaky performance in a high profile game and any decent club who might have been scouting him over a few games will surely be questioning his reliability.

Iggy Pope
22-05-2021, 05:11 PM
Poor show. If we had sold him in January every one of you would have been slating Hibs for doing so.
Win as team, lose as a team, his penalty helped get us there didn’t it?.
Digging out individuals after today is the real cowardice in my opinion. This is one of a number of threads started in such anger (understandable to a point) that they offer absolutely nothing other than more rage and animosity.

Hiber-nation
22-05-2021, 05:12 PM

I remember getting a bollocking doing what Gogic did when I played in the primary school team. At this level, diabolical.

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 05:12 PM
I think he's a poorer player than the one who originally broke into our team.

At that point he was raw but had that wee bit of caution that goes with a young player breaking into the team and was maybe a bit more aware of his shortcomings.

His head was turned in January and since then I've had the sense that he thinks he's above us.

If we can get any sort of sum of money for him then we should as he's absolutely 100% not good enough to play for us right now.

We've had players in the past who have had dodgy reputations re being error prone, but the likes of Bamba and Ambrose very rarely made the sort of mistakes that earned those reputations whilst wearing a Hibs shirt.

Porteous has been all over the place for a while and I think both we and he need a clean break as we cannot carry a player playing at that standard in that position.

Some of his mistakes have been punished but he's been very lucky to get away with a few more.

St Johnstone have shown what you can achieve when you have solid, dependable players in the right positions who just don't make mistakes.

I thought it was very poor management from Ross to start him today. Dropping him might have been the making of him, even if it put his nose out of joint. Instead, he put in a very shaky performance in a high profile game and any decent club who might have been scouting him over a few games will surely be questioning his reliability.

Agree with all of this.

He broke through and looked good.

He’s not improved whatsoever but now plays like he has and does things he’s not capable of doing.

Sell him if we get a decent fee. Shambles starting him today ahead of McGregor.

sleeping giant
22-05-2021, 05:14 PM
Agree with all of this.

He broke through and looked good.

He’s not improved whatsoever but now plays like he has and does things he’s not capable of doing.

Sell him.

Kind of hard to disagree.

truehibernian
22-05-2021, 05:21 PM
Poor show. If we had sold him in January every one of you would have been slating Hibs for doing so.
Win as team, lose as a team, his penalty helped get us there didn’t it?.
Digging out individuals after today is the real cowardice in my opinion. This is one of a number of threads started in such anger (understandable to a point) that they offer absolutely nothing other than more rage and animosity.

True Iggy, and I think Porto is a good player, just think his head was turned in January and he's now in the mindset he thinks he is a better player than he is and has forgotten (like many young players) that to be a top player you need utter focus and determination to develop and succeed. He's making errors again, and the rashness came back to the fore today.

He was very very poor today, as were they all bar Macey. But for me, he needs to focus on basics more............the technique and physique is there, but he needs to rein it in a little and remain fully concentrated. His head was gone last 20 minutes and he was lucky to stay on the pitch for me.

CmoantheHibs
22-05-2021, 05:22 PM
Kind of hard to disagree.
Not really. It’s easy to disagree.:greengrin How can he do things he is not capable of? Makes no sense. I’m guessing it’s just been badly worded.

gaz1875
22-05-2021, 05:22 PM

And Doig, catalogue of should've done betters.

greenpaper55
22-05-2021, 05:25 PM
I got slagged weeks ago for saying how bad he was but maybe the scales will fall from some eyes now ?

Stuart93

Aye you’re spot on. It was absolute schoolboy levels of diving in

Smartie
True Iggy, and I think Porto is a good player, just think his head was turned in January and he's now in the mindset he thinks he is a better player than he is and has forgotten (like many young players) that to be a top player you need utter focus and determination to develop and succeed. He's making errors again, and the rashness came back to the fore today.

He was very very poor today, as were they all bar Macey. But for me, he needs to focus on basics more............the technique and physique is there, but he needs to rein it in a little and remain fully concentrated. His head was gone last 20 minutes and he was lucky to stay on the pitch for me.

His head was gone - at a time when we were still in the game.

We were only 1-0 down and should have all had the attitude that we had everything to play for.

In his defence, he looked once or twice that he might have been injured.

SingaporeHibs
22-05-2021, 05:30 PM
Manager needs to take the blame here. McGregor has been MoTM for last 2 games, clearly the inform CH and yet on the bench today. Doesn’t make any sense. Terrible decision. Can’t pick today’s team thinking about who will play more games next season or who is worth more for sell on. It’s a cup final, you surely have to play the players who are on form now!!!! JR surely losing some credibility with decisions like that, it’s a wtf moment really.

Robbo6-2
22-05-2021, 05:31 PM
Shocking performance from Porteous yet again.

Terrible footballer.

Makes Jordan Foster look like Barsei

McD
22-05-2021, 05:33 PM
I am convinced we would have at least given it a much better shot with mcgregor and Hallberg instead of Porteous and Newell
that was absolutely shocking

:agree: Totally agree

SingaporeHibs
22-05-2021, 05:33 PM
Aye you’re spot on. It was absolute schoolboy levels of diving in

Absolutely, Gogic is a blocker......not a footballer. If we were playing the OF I would get it but we were not. I said in another thread than our best performances all season have come when Gogic was not available. And yet still seems first pick, I really don’t get it

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 05:37 PM
Not really. It’s easy to disagree.:greengrin How can he do things he is not capable of? Makes no sense. I’m guessing it’s just been badly worded.

I meant attempts to do things he’s not capable of but fair play for picking up on it! :aok:

Bobby's Cinema
22-05-2021, 05:41 PM
Kane played him all day long. Erratic decision making when the game became stretched.

It was a tough call no doubt but McGregor must be gutted he didn't get the chance to effect things watching that today.

truehibernian
22-05-2021, 05:47 PM
Kane played him all day long. Erratic decision making when the game became stretched.

It was a tough call no doubt but McGregor must be gutted he didn't get the chance to effect things watching that today.

Said weeks ago, very underrated player and one I'd have at Hibs in a minute - and a Hibs fan too. Played well today and in the whole cup run they had.

Saint Hibee
22-05-2021, 05:53 PM
Porteous is the least of our worries. It’s midfield where the real problem lies.

RossScott1991
22-05-2021, 05:53 PM
Would happily beg Millwall to put in a similar bid again

Northernhibee
22-05-2021, 06:00 PM
Said weeks ago, very underrated player and one I'd have at Hibs in a minute - and a Hibs fan too. Played well today and in the whole cup run they had.

I wouldn’t have any St Johnstone player at Hibs. Drey Wright was a very good player for them as was Liam Craig, Danny Swanson etc. We completely miss the point by choosing who to cherrypick from them.

That is a team who have had a third of the managers that we have had in the last six years, a core squad who have been together at the club for years and know each other inside out. If they go a goal up they are almost impossible to break down outwith a screamer from range, if they’re not up they just need to find a goal and they’ll do well.

We need to look for consistency. Lose as few players as possible, not have the need to sign a load of players every window. Build that almost impenetrable understanding of how we all play. Become greater than the sum of our parts.

This cup double for them is the result of years and years of work. Fair play to them.

Halifaxhibby
22-05-2021, 06:08 PM

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree, thinks he's a ticket...for a young lad he's years off the pace....boyband wanabee...take a million for him all day long...and Boyle. Hopeless little diver...can't even do that right!!!

Since452
22-05-2021, 06:09 PM
Show me the money

Northernhibee
22-05-2021, 06:09 PM
Yeah I agree, thinks he's a ticket...for a young lad he's years off the pace....boyband wanabee...take a million for him all day long...and Boyle. Hopeless little diver...can't even do that right!!!

Boyle “hopeless”.

Wow. He’s a fantastic player who was marked well out of the game.

joebakerforever
22-05-2021, 06:49 PM
Yes Porteous was poor today, but as usual Hanlon, who was slow to react & continually punted aimless high balls forward, was just as culpable.

We need to empty him out too, as he is unable to deal with any physical challenge by the opposition.

Time to get the blinkers off & realise he is past his best, & is not able to be a captain to inspire his team mates when the chips are down.

skyehibee
22-05-2021, 06:55 PM
Yes Porteous was poor today, but as usual Hanlon, who was slow to react & continually punted aimless high balls forward, was just as culpable.

We need to empty him out too, as he is unable to deal with any physical challenge by the opposition.

Time to get the blinkers off & realise he is past his best, & is not able to be a captain to inspire his team mates when the chips are down.

This 100%

AliboyFC
22-05-2021, 06:56 PM

Yeh you were right.

supermcginn
22-05-2021, 06:58 PM

Good post. He's beyond criticism from most though.

WoreTheGreen
22-05-2021, 07:02 PM
I think Porteous is a top player in side his own head maybe try to stick to being a better defender doing basic defending rather than thinking you’re Bechenbar

SlickShoes
22-05-2021, 07:18 PM

While I don't think Hanlon is world beater his mistakes arent as crippling as Porto's. At no point today did he simply give the ball away at random, nor did he basically gift them a penalty. Hanlon makes mistakes for sure but the ones Porto makes consistently are ones that lose you games. You can go as far back as being 3-0 up against Hamilton and he scored and OG, gave away a goal and then gave away a penalty which was luckily saved.

He is a constant liability. Any other centre half in the league would do as good a job as Porto does.

Smartie
22-05-2021, 07:28 PM
I can’t see how anyone could point the finger at Hanlon today.

None of us will have loved watching him shell regular long, diagonal balls forward but I don’t recall him knocking back better options in order to do so.

Porteous was all over the shop individually and the less said about the midfield both individually and collectively, the better.

Even when reasonable balls went forward to the strikers it just wouldn’t stick.

Iain G
22-05-2021, 09:25 PM

What a lot of nonsense! What do you mean when you say he is an imposter?

He was picking up the ball and carrying it forward, he needs options ahead of him.

davym7062
22-05-2021, 10:14 PM

100% this. shocking decision

Stuart93
22-05-2021, 10:15 PM
What a lot of nonsense! What do you mean when you say he is an imposter?

He was picking up the ball and carrying it forward, he needs options ahead of him.

I’m a newell fan but today highlighted his weakness, he’s far too slow in everything he does.

Unseen work
22-05-2021, 10:20 PM
Porteous is absolutely brilliant some days but he doesn’t half have some blunders in him.

What on earth was that today for the pen?

h1bs4life
22-05-2021, 10:26 PM
Porteous been a 1st team player for 2 years and clubs want to buy him .
Hanlon 10 years 1st team player no interest from anyone says it all .

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-05-2021, 10:30 PM
Hibs were ****** shocking today Porteous or McGregor had no bearing on today's result.

Sammy7nil
22-05-2021, 10:32 PM
Porteous been a 1st team player for 2 years and clubs want to buy him .
Hanlon 10 years 1st team player no interest from anyone says it all .

Well if rumours are right Aberdeen wanted him

h1bs4life
22-05-2021, 11:00 PM
Well if rumours are right Aberdeen wanted him

Must have missed that ,he was went to be to be then next big thing after the golden generation and all his under 21 caps .

Wee Mickey
23-05-2021, 08:22 AM
Said it months ago, nothing better than average.

Chuck Rhoades
23-05-2021, 08:26 AM
He was brutal. At fault for the goal for giving it away cheaply. Sooner he stops thinking hes a footballer the better.

Crunchie
23-05-2021, 08:27 AM
Maybe McGregor would have been the better call, we'll never know but the abuse hurled at the boy on some of the threads is embarrassing.

MWHIBBIES
23-05-2021, 08:28 AM

Unable to deal with physical challenges :faf:

Have I walked into 2011 by accident? That's an old one. Total rubbish

Onion
23-05-2021, 08:34 AM
He was brutal. At fault for the goal for giving it away cheaply. Sooner he stops thinking hes a footballer the better.

He wasn't. Most blame for the goal rests squarely with Boyle and McGinn pathetically losing 60/40s (not even 50/50s) against Callum Booth ! In a Scottish Cup Final, no way does Callum Booth win those challenges against any other team or players. It led to the goal, set the tone and summed both of those Hibs players up perfectly for the day.

JohnM1875
23-05-2021, 08:36 AM
He wasn't. Most blame for the goal rests squarely with Boyle and McGinn pathetically losing 60/40s (not even 50/50s) against Callum Booth ! In a Scottish Cup Final, no way does Callum Booth win those challenges against any other team or players. It led to the goal, set the tone and summed both of those Hibs players up perfectly for the day.

Boyle in particular! He absolutely shat it.

Onion
23-05-2021, 08:40 AM
Maybe McGregor would have been the better call, we'll never know but the abuse hurled at the boy on some of the threads is embarrassing.

Had St J scored the penalty, then there may have been a case for Daz over Porto. The mistake that led to the penalty was so typical of Porteous, but he wasn't the reason we lost the Final. The only question is if Daz could have been more of an inspiration to others, kicked some ***** and got us going. Unlikely but we'll never know.

Percy Vere
23-05-2021, 08:44 AM
Yes porteous was shocking but so was every player in that team.
Jack Ross gtf.

Get a grip.
Best league season since the 50s
Shocking display and tactics today but no need for nonsense talk.

Chuck Rhoades
23-05-2021, 08:47 AM
Get a grip.

How many times have we said this about his tactics though? No plan B and cannot win a meaningful match. He has got a track record for it.

We’re 3rd because it’s the worst standard in a couple of decades. Lets not get carried away.

superfurryhibby
23-05-2021, 08:51 AM
Get a grip.

That simply isn’t true.

We’ve had better finishes in the League and far better performances from past Hibs teams who equalled this one in terms of League placement.

TBH, the team has huffed and puffed its way to third in a fairly boring way. Aberdeen have been mince and the rest have been pretty rotten too. People won’t remember third place as a huge achievement, that lies with the cups and we’ve been let down yet again by Ross and his team.

calumhibee1
23-05-2021, 10:37 AM
A day on and I still can’t believe we started him ahead of McGregor. An absolutely awful decision and one that panned out exactly as god knows how many posters on here predicted it would.

Porteous is really not that good. He’s worse than when he broke through. Get him sold and move on.

Lago
23-05-2021, 10:56 AM
Boyle in particular! He absolutely shat it.
Jumped out of the tackle, coward.

madhatter
23-05-2021, 10:58 AM
Can’t fault the players and dressing room is quality, with players that are destined to go onto big things supposedly. Just what we want to hear…

I’d rather have a team that wins for Hibs but has arguments in the dressing room.

Club for the players is really starting to form.

Hibs need to talk about players leaving. That isn’t disrespectful, whole team not turning up and fighting for the club is.

JohnM1875
23-05-2021, 01:37 PM
A day on and I still can’t believe we started him ahead of McGregor. An absolutely awful decision and one that panned out exactly as god knows how many posters on here predicted it would.

Porteous is really not that good. He’s worse than when he broke through. Get him sold and move on.

Really can't disagree with that unfortunately. It really was a mental decision.

His dicision making and positional sense isn't good enough.

I also think Hanlon plays much better when he has the security of playing beside Daz.

May21/05/16
23-05-2021, 01:50 PM
Megregor would not have made a difference in my estimation it was the midfield and forwards that were poor

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

the tornadoe
23-05-2021, 01:57 PM

It's not Porteous who picks himself over Daz, its the manager who does that ! Porteous made 2 mistakes yesterday now go through the team one by one and ask yourself how many mistakes each player made in the course of the match.
I totally agree he is not the finished article and has a lot to learn if he is to become the player we all thought he could be when he broke through BUT the level of abuse / vitriol he recieves on here is totally OTT. HE IS " one of our own " and never hides of gives less than 100 % for the jersey and there are a few on here should be careful what they wish for... if Porteous reads the comments on here if I was him I would taketh first offer that comes in and leave the Club...

JohnM1875
23-05-2021, 02:03 PM
It's not Porteous who picks himself over Daz, its the manager who does that ! Porteous made 2 mistakes yesterday now go through the team one by one and ask yourself how many mistakes each player made in the course of the match.
I totally agree he is not the finished article and has a lot to learn if he is to become the player we all thought he could be when he broke through BUT the level of abuse / vitriol he recieves on here is totally OTT. HE IS " one of our own " and never hides of gives less than 100 % for the jersey and there are a few on here should be careful what they wish for... if Porteous reads the comments on here if I was him I would taketh first offer that comes in and leave the Club...

Why should being 'one of our own' mean you escape or receive less criticism?

He's played nearly 100 games for Hibs. He may well be young, but he can no longer be classed as inexperienced after that many games.

the tornadoe
23-05-2021, 02:06 PM
Why should being 'one of our own' mean you escape or receive less criticism?

He's played nearly 100 games for Hibs. He may well be young, but he can no longer be classed as inexperienced after that many games.

Criticise by all means... if you read my post I said " abuse / vitriol which is way OTT. Every player deserves criticism after yesterday and Porteous is no exception.

Joe6-2
23-05-2021, 02:08 PM
As poor a decision by a manager as I can recall. Truly astonishing.

This

flash
23-05-2021, 02:28 PM

Except we lost 1-0 and the goal had nothing to do with him.

Weegreenman
23-05-2021, 02:35 PM
The lad had a horrible game. Let’s leave it at that ffs! He’ll go onto become a much better player for the experience I’m sure.

The real question for me is were was Jack Ross’s plan B?

He was void of any ideas and failed to change the influence of the game. Very poor management.

23-05-2021, 04:14 PM
Turning into a bit of a liability tbh. McGreagor should have started today IMO.

He's a young laddie who is still learning but his progress seems to have stalled.

calumhibee1
23-05-2021, 05:37 PM

That doesn’t mean he played well though, does it?

He was all over the shop yesterday. Folk knew he would be yet we went ahead and played him whilst our best centre half was on the bench.

calumhibee1
23-05-2021, 05:38 PM
The lad had a horrible game. Let’s leave it at that ffs! He’ll go onto become a much better player for the experience I’m sure.

The real question for me is were was Jack Ross’s plan B?

He was void of any ideas and failed to change the influence of the game. Very poor management.

Will he?

He’s had a lot of horrible games for us now and seems to be regressing. That would suggest he doesn’t learn.

tynesideirish
23-05-2021, 09:15 PM

100%. Porto is Porto sometimes great, lauded on here for that penalty that got us to the final, sometimes useless. He tries. Can't lay that final on him. However Boyle & McGinn should be ashamed to wear the shirt. McGinn should also be embarrassed to have that name on the back.

LeithMike
24-05-2021, 06:59 AM
I thought Porteous had a decent first half, trying to push Hibs forward and make an incisive pass when the midfield was completely failing in that respect. However, when things weren't working for the team in the 2nd half, rather than buckle down, stay focused and work harder he seemed to give in and get involved in with Kane and others in petty squabbles. Its like he gave up on the match when it looked unwinnable and focused on other things that he might win.

That seems to be a microcosm of his career to date and if he is going to progress he's going to have to make a choice of whether to learn from his mistakes, listen and work hard or ignore them and take solace in other things like playing the wide boy and the fact that he's made it to a decent level and is earning good money.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Jones28
24-05-2021, 07:45 AM
I think Porteous played to try and break the St Johnstone press, effectively becoming an extra midfielder and to create and overload in the middle of the pitch.

It was more galling that he only had the chance to do that once.

I'd have started all 3, played Porteous as a sweeper type, able to go and get on the ball from deep.

I argued with my dad the other day who felt we should have bitten the hand off Millwall for the £1.5 million or whatever it was, I disagreed then.

If we were offered it tomorrow I'd take it.

calumhibee1
24-05-2021, 08:00 AM
I think Porteous played to try and break the St Johnstone press, effectively becoming an extra midfielder and to create and overload in the middle of the pitch.

It was more galling that he only had the chance to do that once.

I'd have started all 3, played Porteous as a sweeper type, able to go and get on the ball from deep.

I argued with my dad the other day who felt we should have bitten the hand off Millwall for the £1.5 million or whatever it was, I disagreed then.

If we were offered it tomorrow I'd take it.

I’d honestly take any fee that would see us be able to afford Kerr. We’d be better for it imo. £1.5m would be dreamland stuff.

Jones28
24-05-2021, 08:03 AM
I’d honestly take any fee that would see us be able to afford Kerr. We’d be better for it imo. £1.5m would be dreamland stuff.

I'm not convinced he would come to us, Hibs fan or not. St's are building something up there, they will want to build on this season and if they keep their squad together they will.

Kerr is a superb player and I would go all out to get him.

Since452
24-05-2021, 08:13 AM

I blame Doig more for a pathetic attempt at a jump. I'm not a fan of Porteous but that goal wasn't his fault. McGinn shouldn't have lost out to Booth and Gogic is still travelling from the dummy that Wotherspoon threw him allowing him an absolute age to pick a cross. Shocking from Gogic. Cluster**** of a goal to lose but not Porteous's fault.

calumhibee1
24-05-2021, 08:17 AM
I blame Doig more for a pathetic attempt at a jump. I'm not a fan of Porteous but that goal wasn't his fault. McGinn shouldn't have lost out to Booth and Gogic is still travelling from the dummy that Wotherspoon threw him. Cluster**** of a goal to lose but not Porteous's fault.

I don’t think anyone has blamed Porteous for the goal though, just his general level of performance was brutal.

As for Doig, I’m not sure he could have done much more. Witherspoon had all day to put the ball in and Doig was left with Rooney who is renowned for how powerful he is having the run on him. He didn’t have much chance imo.

MWHIBBIES
24-05-2021, 09:06 AM
I'm not convinced he would come to us, Hibs fan or not. St's are building something up there, they will want to build on this season and if they keep their squad together they will.

Kerr is a superb player and I would go all out to get him.

St Johnstone will not better this season in 100 years. They aren't building anything tbh, they've reached the peak.

flash
24-05-2021, 09:32 AM
St Johnstone will not better this season in 100 years. They aren't building anything tbh, they've reached the peak.

I am 99% certain he would walk down from Perth to sign for us.

Jones28
24-05-2021, 10:16 AM

Davidsons been in the job less than a season and look at what he has achieved. Now they've won 2 trophies they just give it up and say "right well, we've had our fun, time to **** off back to relative obscurity and flirt with relegation again."?

I think you're probably right, but there's a part of me that thinks he will fancy another crack at it with St's next season and see where they can go.

MWHIBBIES
24-05-2021, 10:21 AM
Davidsons been in the job less than a season and look at what he has achieved. Now they've won 2 trophies they just give it up and say "right well, we've had our fun, time to **** off back to relative obscurity and flirt with relegation again."?

Yes. Pretty much how it will go.

I think he'd walk through a mile of broken glass to hear Jack Ross fart through a walkie-talkie.

Since452
24-05-2021, 10:32 AM
I don't look at Kerr and think I'd love us to sign him. In fact I don't look at anyone in that St Johnstone team and think they'll play for a bigger club. They aren't a team of individuals but the very definition of a team. So well organised and determined.

GRA
24-05-2021, 10:39 AM
I don’t think anyone has blamed Porteous for the goal though, just his general level of performance was brutal.

As for Doig, I’m not sure he could have done much more. Witherspoon had all day to put the ball in and Doig was left with Rooney who is renowned for how powerful he is having the run on him. He didn’t have much chance imo.

Had two opportunities to clear the ball down the wing and then Gogic was sent for hotdogs with the dummy giving Wotherspoon plenty of time to size up his options and deliver a quality ball to the back post. That was where the goal came from rather than being the fault of Porteous/Doig.

Since452
24-05-2021, 10:42 AM
Had two opportunities to clear the ball down the wing and then Gogic was sent for hotdogs with the dummy giving Wotherspoon plenty of time to size up his options and deliver a quality ball to the back post. That was where the goal came from rather than being the fault of Porteous/Doig.

Gogic is still orbiting the earth somewhere. Absolutley done by Wotherspoon by a simple dummy cross. That annoyed me more than anything.

Smartie
24-05-2021, 10:59 AM
I don't look at Kerr and think I'd love us to sign him. In fact I don't look at anyone in that St Johnstone team and think they'll play for a bigger club. They aren't a team of individuals but the very definition of a team. So well organised and determined.

I look at Kerr and see exactly the sort of player we should be signing, not that we could afford him.

A defender who defends well and doesn't make daft mistakes - lovely.

Every good team is built on a base made of players like him.

Jones28
24-05-2021, 11:02 AM
Yes. Pretty much how it will go.

I think he'd walk through a mile of broken glass to hear Jack Ross fart through a walkie-talkie.

I don't see where that confidence comes from, but we agree to differ on that.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-09-2021, 05:59 PM
Good to see Porto keeping in the family tradition of dividing opinion (I’m a fan btw!)

from this day in history Captain Porteous was lynched by an angry mob… (sorry never could figure out how to make it a decent size from my Iphone

Jones28
07-09-2021, 06:32 PM
Good to see Porto keeping in the family tradition of dividing opinion (I’m a fan btw!)

from this day in history Captain Porteous was lynched by an angry mob… (sorry never could figure out how to make it a decent size from my Iphone

Nae chance Porto would get lynched 💪

Since452
08-09-2021, 09:25 AM
I was probably Ryan's biggest critic on here last season, mainly because i know what he is capable of and didn't think he was showing it or learning from mistakes. He's been excellent so far this season though.