PDA

View Full Version : Forward!

MrSmith
22-05-2021, 02:23 PM
Can we please have a manager who realises that the goals are in front of him!

AgentDaleCooper
22-05-2021, 02:26 PM
The games not finished and the Ross-Out brigade are at it already...have a word, pal :aok:

Nicho87
22-05-2021, 02:27 PM
We are mince. Davidson knew the formation 2 weeks ago

MrSmith
22-05-2021, 02:28 PM
The games not finished and the Ross-Out brigade are at it already...have a word, pal :aok:

Not my point mate! I detest playing backward football!

scottish_sleepy
22-05-2021, 02:38 PM
The amount of times we've broken forward, got to their box and two passes later were back in our own half. Absolutely crap.

MrSmith
22-05-2021, 02:44 PM
Appalling performance!

scottish_sleepy
22-05-2021, 02:50 PM
We could be out there all night and still never look like scoring.

MrSmith
22-05-2021, 02:54 PM
Totally ******g useless performance!

Unseen work
22-05-2021, 02:57 PM
Nothing to do with Ross for me, we played the same way we have all season that’s worked.

Boyle - An embarrassment, never looked interested or took his man on once.

Nisbet - Didn’t look interested and looked like he was thinking about the euros and making sure he wasn’t injured.

The whole team passed it to slow and Hanlon and Porteous need to realise they’re not good at picking passes and need to stop launching the ball to st Johnstone’s huge back 3.

Greencore
22-05-2021, 02:57 PM
Heartless, no fight, no drive. Just punting the ball upfront. Pathetic. You would think hibs were playing for a point.

Shocking.

Greencore
22-05-2021, 02:59 PM
Nothing to do with Ross for me, we played the same way we have all season that’s worked.

Boyle - An embarrassment, never looked interested or took his man on once.

Nisbet - Didn’t look interested and looked like he was thinking about the euros and making sure he wasn’t injured.

Ross has to take most of the blame as its his duty to get his players up for the cup final, he ran out of ideas. Not saying he should go or that but if he can't motivate his players for a cup final questions have to be asked.

Pretty Green
22-05-2021, 02:59 PM
Not my point mate! I detest playing backward football!

Totally agree, spent the whole match shout pass forward.

MrSmith
22-05-2021, 03:01 PM
I am now happy to let all the saleable assets go and restart with an attitude that is more conducive to winning football matches.

Tambo
22-05-2021, 03:03 PM
Backwards and sideways all first half and a little glimpse of going forward in the second half will not win you Scottish cup finals.

Not sure how many times we ended up trying to cross the Ball in the box which st Johnstone just ate up every time.

147lothian
22-05-2021, 03:17 PM
For me St Johnstone had one chance and scored with it and did what they do best all through out the game that is make themselves hard to break down, that one goal was all there was in the game, so I for one am not going to go with an OTT reaction to the result, yes it was disappointing, but you can't go calling for wholesale changes on the back of one game.

Alfred E Newman
22-05-2021, 03:19 PM
For me St Johnstone had one chance and scored with it and did what they do best all through out the game that is make themselves hard to break down, that one goal was all there was in the game, so I for one am not going to go with an OTT reaction to the result, yes it was disappointing, but you can't go calling for wholesale changes on the back of one game.

They had a lot more than one chance. It was us who had one shot on target. Utter crap from the manager and players.

Irish_Steve
22-05-2021, 03:52 PM
Ross has to take most of the blame as its his duty to get his players up for the cup final, he ran out of ideas. Not saying he should go or that but if he can't motivate his players for a cup final questions have to be asked.

If the manager has to motivate his players for a final, then those players should not be at the club. If anything, it should be the manager's job to keep them under control

But I don't suppose that fits your agenda

gaz1875
22-05-2021, 03:58 PM
Early into the game we had a free kick just inside their half, 2 passes later Macey was thumping it forward without it going further than the original free kick position, We done the same in the second half but just on the half way line. Cup final and we are not even trying to get the ball into their box with a free kick.

Magpie
22-05-2021, 03:58 PM
Was it just two shots on target today?

gaz1875
22-05-2021, 04:01 PM

Not sure if it was about motivating or just same old same old shambolic tactics, against a team that you have lost 3 times in a row playing the same way, And potentially the starting line up followed by the substitutions.

MrSmith
22-05-2021, 04:01 PM
Hopeless going in as underdogs today!

Torto7
22-05-2021, 04:02 PM
The pattern of play is so easy to read. Use McGinn to try and feed Nisbet coming off the front. They just stuck Middleton on McGinn to stop that. We then switched to the Hanlon hoof into Doidge and I dont think that worked once. That's it as far as I can tell tactically. It's not the first time either. We're o.k in a league setting we'll win enough of the games against the poorer teams but as soon as it becomes more physical in a big game their limitations really show, the players and the manager.

Hibiza
22-05-2021, 04:10 PM
McGinn - another overated journeyman .

hhibs
22-05-2021, 04:15 PM

And your point is ?

MrSmith
22-05-2021, 05:53 PM
McGinn - another overated journeyman .

I disagree!