PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else’s pre final jitters started early?

magnificent_seven
18-05-2021, 10:11 PM
I don’t know why, but tonight I’ve started to get a bit nervy for Saturday.

Having unfortunate grown up and gone to school in Perth, the majority of my friends support St Johnstone and I’m not up for a lifetime of slagging. This has got to be the worst time to be a Perth Hibee.

I’m feeling confident however. If Hibs play to their potential, we will win. Aside from my St Johnstone rivalries, the opportunity to win 2 Scottish Cups in 5 years after 113 years is incredible.

Plus I had a dream last night that Stephen Glass scored a last minute winner for Hibs so it’s written in the stars.

Ronniekirk
18-05-2021, 10:49 PM
Too early for me I have taken the view that given st Johnston have won one cup already and they haven’t lost to us in the last three games , they will be feeling they are favourites
But if Ross gets team and tactics right and players perform to Their potential and we take our chances snd don’t give away any soft goals we are in with a great chance of winning
Probably be Friday night before nerves kick in fir me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim44
18-05-2021, 11:11 PM
Too early for me I have taken the view that given st Johnston have won one cup already and they haven’t lost to us in the last three games , they will be feeling they are favourites
But if Ross gets team and tactics right and players perform to Their potential and we take our chances snd don’t give away any soft goals we are in with a great chance of winning
Probably be Friday night before nerves kick in fir me

Putting the fact that we are a far superior team aside, St Johnstone have to think we are in their back pocket and totally confident of a result, which could be their downfall. As long as we don’t adopt a negative attitude, we stand a great chance of winning the game in ninety minutes. It’s up to JR to get the players into the right frame of mind.

Since452
19-05-2021, 05:21 AM
I've been jumping at loud noises since Monday

Currie Hibee
19-05-2021, 05:45 AM
I started the week a bag of nerves but yesterday felt supremely confident of victory if Hibs play to their potential. We need to utilise the whole of the big Hampden pitch to move St Johnstone and break down their shape, all about moving the ball quickly for me and standing up to their physical challenge at set pieces. Nerves will undoubtedly creep back as the week goes on.

Winston Ingram
19-05-2021, 05:47 AM
I’ve been struggling to sleep all week

Crunchie
19-05-2021, 06:10 AM

Having unfortunate grown up and gone to school in Perth, the majority of my friends support St Johnstone and I’m not up for a lifetime of slagging. This has got to be the worst time to be a Perth Hibee.

I’m feeling confident however. If Hibs play to their potential, we will win. Aside from my St Johnstone rivalries, the opportunity to win 2 Scottish Cups in 5 years after 113 years is incredible.

Plus I had a dream last night that Stephen Glass scored a last minute winner for Hibs so it’s written in the stars.
Don’t be nervous mate we’re winning this. I’ve never felt more confident going into a final and I’ve seen a few 👍

Aldo
19-05-2021, 06:15 AM
Bag of nervous if I’m honest and it’ll only ramp up before KO!

.Sean.
19-05-2021, 06:20 AM
For once I’m perfectly fine to be honest, very relaxed compared to previous years
but I think that’s only because we won’t be there and surrounded by thousands of other similarly coiled up supporters. I’m quietly confident and going to just try and enjoy Saturday as opposed to being a nervous wreck!

OstKurve Hibs
19-05-2021, 06:30 AM
My nerves have started this morning, as soon as I opened my eyes it was my first thought, roll on saturday, as said previously, we play how we can, we dont do anything daft at the back n we have a great chance of lifting it !

H18 SFR
19-05-2021, 06:47 AM
Managing to successfully ignore all things cup final. Hopefully going to switch into it Friday at 3pm when the school bell rings and I’m away from all the Hun kids at work.

CmoantheHibs
19-05-2021, 06:53 AM
I feel really calm about it. Have a feeling we will win with minimum drama. Not really how we tend to do things but I’m really looking forward to it.

Alex Trager
19-05-2021, 06:56 AM
I had the obligatory dream that we were getting beat last night.

That ramped up my nervousness.

S4uzee
19-05-2021, 07:05 AM
For once I’m perfectly fine to be honest, very relaxed compared to previous years
but I think that’s only because we won’t be there and surrounded by thousands of other similarly coiled up supporters. I’m quietly confident and going to just try and enjoy Saturday as opposed to being a nervous wreck!

Funny that, think I feel more nervous knowing that we won’t be there. Would rather I felt more relaxed though!

Desperate to win this one especially after last seasons SC and the LC this season

Sir David Gray
19-05-2021, 07:09 AM

:agree: I feel a little bit emotionally detached from the game which I think comes from knowing that I won't be there and won't be in amongst thousands of other fans. It's not like a normal cup final for me.

I hope we win it but I'm very chilled about it right now.

WhileTheChief..
19-05-2021, 07:16 AM
More excited than nervous this time. Can’t come soon enough.

Dalianwanda
19-05-2021, 07:57 AM
More excited than nervous this time. Can’t come soon enough.

Thats the spirit...The feeling of excitement is just the feeling of nerves given a different label...All who are feeling the jitters, just notice the feeling and see if it could be something else :wink: Hibs will benefit from our collective positive vibes

MunsterHibee
19-05-2021, 09:22 AM
I'm relatively calm just now but I know come Friday the day before the game my stomach will be doing summersaults.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Saint Hibee
19-05-2021, 09:42 AM
Was feeling pretty confident until I realised I’d felt the exact same way before the Ross County League Cup final that we lost in the last minute! In a sense, I think the fact they’ve beaten us a few times this season is a plus as it means that we certainly won’t be under any illusions as to what kind of performance level is required to win.

Onceinawhile
19-05-2021, 09:45 AM
Yes. Hoping that having training Wednesday and Friday and a game on Saturday morning for the wee man would take my mind off it, but its not working.

JeMeSouviens
19-05-2021, 10:06 AM
I'm not nervous at all. :greengrin

But mainly because I think we'll get beat. :boo hoo:

makaveli1875
19-05-2021, 10:16 AM
Im starting to get a bit nervous . By friday my erse will be going like a rabbits nose . Just hope Ross has learned from the last few games against them and the players use those losses to get a bit of extra fire in them and we take our chances , its a certainty they will score with their 1st shot on target

Sammy7nil
19-05-2021, 10:28 AM
2016 took away all the nerves for me. Want Hibs to win but much more relaxed and better prepared if they don’t.

For the record I am confident and fully expect a 3-0 or 3-1 victory.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-05-2021, 10:37 AM
2016 took away all the nerves for me. Want Hibs to win but much more relaxed and better prepared if they don’t.

That's where I am too.

Peevemor
19-05-2021, 10:54 AM
I hope we lose an early goal to take away the fear...

ian cruise
19-05-2021, 11:06 AM
Equal measure of excitement and nerves, i always am with cup games whether it's the first game we play or the final.

If we don't win I'll be bitterly disappointed but it won't be end of the world stuff, dust ourselves down and go again next season. If we win though I'll be absolutely ecstatic.

For what it's worth I think we will do it. Cautiously optimistic. We've a talented squad and a good manager.

ian cruise
19-05-2021, 11:06 AM
I hope we lose an early goal to take away the fear...

Don't........

Onion
19-05-2021, 11:22 AM
Whatever we're feeling it is nothing compared to those of a Yam persuasion. Pre-match skitters :greengrin

EdinMike
19-05-2021, 11:29 AM
I don’t think it’ll hit me until I start pacing around willing time to speed up on Saturday morning ! And I guess that would due to excitement and nerves.

where'stheslope
19-05-2021, 03:09 PM
Not sure if its because of Covid, but the whole coming up to the cup final has lost its edge?
Still would rather be in it, but the biggest day for years and only watching on TV???
Its just criminal!!!!

Dalianwanda
19-05-2021, 03:32 PM
I have a feeling big Doidge is gonna produce something special.

CmoantheHibs
19-05-2021, 04:22 PM
Whatever we're feeling it is nothing compared to those of a Yam persuasion. Pre-match skitters :greengrin
Call them by their proper name. Pre-match Leveins :wink::greengrin

Pagan Hibernia
19-05-2021, 04:25 PM
I don’t think it’ll hit me until I start pacing around willing time to speed up on Saturday morning ! And I guess that would due to excitement and nerves.

Yeah I honestly don’t know what I’m gonna do on Saturday morning.

drink maybe but I’d rather not be completely pished that early. Maybe a visit to the gym. I dunno.

Diclonius
19-05-2021, 04:25 PM
Honestly? I haven't been to a football game in over a year - a year in which I've become a homeowner, started a new job and gone through god knows how many personal events (some good, some bad). Can't help but feel a bit disassociated from it all.

In any case, I don't really have time to focus on the game given my work week. I'll be as hyped as any of us on the day though.

Pagan Hibernia
19-05-2021, 04:26 PM
Call them by their proper name. Pre-match Leveins :wink::greengrin

im sure Levein’s been baking one all week. It won’t be pleasant.

Glory Lurker
19-05-2021, 07:26 PM
I'm ready to go now. Next couple of days will feel like a fortnight.

Just_Jimmy
19-05-2021, 07:29 PM
we were the better team in the semi and could have been 3-0 before they scored.

we're due them one.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Since452
19-05-2021, 08:08 PM
I had the obligatory dream that we were getting beat last night.

That ramped up my nervousness.

I had a dream we lost but it wasn't to St Johnstone, it was Motherwell. Head is gone.

CB Hibs 68
19-05-2021, 10:50 PM
Not yet.No point.Nerves will start kicking in on Friday night and when I wake up Saturday it will be full throttle.A few cans pre and during the match will help settle the nerves combined with the Hibs performance we know they are capable of.A few pints in the local to celebrate after will end off a great day even though I would love to have been at Hampden.I wish.

McHibby
20-05-2021, 08:34 AM
They kicked in for me at about 4pm yesterday. My stomach will be in bits by Saturday.

Pagan Hibernia
20-05-2021, 01:08 PM
Into the last 48 hours now...

B.H.F.C
20-05-2021, 02:34 PM
Not necessarily nervous, but finding it very difficult to concentrate on anything else now.

He's here!
20-05-2021, 02:45 PM
I can honestly say I might not be able to bring myself to watch it and might do something less stressful while the game's on, like take the dog for a huge walk or work in the garden if the weather's good. I was there in 2016 and while the tension was enormous there was succour to be had in being surrounded by thousands of equally pent-up Hibs fans. This time round the empty stadium, restricted viewing options etc make me feel even less in control of the outcome than normal. If we manage to win I'd probably rather savour it on catch-up rather than put myself through the nerve-shredding live experience.

FilipinoHibs
20-05-2021, 03:11 PM
Since we beat Aberdeen.

AliboyFC
20-05-2021, 03:15 PM

St johnstone have fans??

Dashing Bob S
20-05-2021, 03:18 PM
Excited. Looking forward to it. A 50-50 chance for both teams as I see it.

northstandhibby
20-05-2021, 03:53 PM
Really really looking forward to this. At least we won't have to listen to the snide remarks since 1902 etc during the build up. Got to think we've got a cracking chance of winning it if we perform to our optimum.

Saint Hibee
20-05-2021, 03:57 PM

we're due them one.

I’m not sure I watched the same semi-final as you! First half was pretty even, second half they pumped us.

Tambo
20-05-2021, 05:51 PM

we're due them one.

Definitely way I seen it also, still think how did Murphy miss that.

Even the past league game even though we didn’t play well we still controlled the ball and had a couple chances.

Hopefully the boys are fired up and ready and take control of the game early and get a goal.

brog
20-05-2021, 07:44 PM
Mine started in 1958 & the triumph 58 years later was only a temporary triumph. Makes it all the sweeter though!!

Criswell
20-05-2021, 11:54 PM
This is the first Scottish Cup Final I have experienced where we are not underdogs. This makes it so much worse for me. It's the hope that kills you. On Saturday we have to believe!

Magpie
21-05-2021, 12:03 AM
I’m feeling quietly confident. Will no doubt be bricking it come kick off though.

Shrekko
21-05-2021, 12:33 AM
I’m not sure I watched the same semi-final as you! First half was pretty even, second half they pumped us.

The first half just wasn’t even at all- we should have had the game won. When they went to the analysts Ally McCoist said it was barely believable that Saints were in front.

I think one thing we all know is that the 1st goal is the absolute key to this. We are better than them and have shown in recent games that we too can be very difficult to score against when we have our opponents where we want them.

mcohibs
21-05-2021, 06:00 AM
Bricking it tbh

Dmas
21-05-2021, 06:24 AM
The league cup semi was a freak result the closeness of the league games shows that, we made mistakes defensively didn’t take chances when they came our way and they did, I’ve not looked but I’d bet there’s not many times that st.j team have won by 3 goals, there going to look to stifle us and we’re maybe going to need to have a couple of guys outside of Boyle and doidge to step up and do something as those are the guys they will look to stop, if we can give them something to think about outside of boyles pace and doidge holding it up they’ll panic IMO

JimBHibees
21-05-2021, 06:40 AM
This is the first Scottish Cup Final I have experienced where we are not underdogs. This makes it so much worse for me. It's the hope that kills you. On Saturday we have to believe!

Agree first final was 72 and we have never been favourites if not one of the old firm it was a financially doped Hearts. In saying that not sure we are favourites given our record against Saints however I think we win this and our recent form is strong.

Just looked at some of the odds and Jackson Irvine to score first goal at 20s with sky bet is a superb and massive price imo.

oneone73
21-05-2021, 06:48 AM

I'm 60. The only two finals we have played in my lifetime against teams below us in the league were against Dunfermline and Kilmarnock. We know how they turned out.

Squealing pig
21-05-2021, 06:51 AM
Had dream last night hibs won 1 nil Jackson Irvine scored a tap in last 5 minutes, reality now and bricking it again

scoopyboy
21-05-2021, 07:01 AM
I'm 60. The only two finals we have played in my lifetime against teams below us in the league were against Dunfermline and Kilmarnock. We know how they turned out.

Good point that.

Bristolhibby
21-05-2021, 07:24 AM

That’s an interesting stat.

J

Bristolhibby
21-05-2021, 07:25 AM
Had dream last night hibs won 1 nil Jackson Irvine scored a tap in last 5 minutes, reality now and bricking it again

Obviously take it now, but my nerves would be shot.

J

mcohibs
21-05-2021, 07:45 AM

Were Livingston not below us in the league when we lost to them in 2004 LC final?

scoopyboy
21-05-2021, 07:52 AM
Were Livingston not below us in the league when we lost to them in 2004 LC final?

nope

The Spaceman
21-05-2021, 07:55 AM
I am very calm and excited for tomorrow. We have a great team and manager who have performed superbly/consistently pretty much all season.

As others have said, nothing will ever top 2016 which gives me more comfort going into this. A win would be incredible, but my life as a Hibs supporter won't be crushed by a loss as we have still ultimately had a brilliant season with European football to look forward to. Roll on tomorrow. Quietly confident we will do it (what a fairytale for St Johnstone if we don't right enough...).

The Count
21-05-2021, 08:07 AM
Cool as a Chilli Pepper or have i got that wrong !!!

B.H.F.C
21-05-2021, 08:15 AM

Don’t know if they were below us at the time of the final, but did finish below us in the league that year.

Pagan Hibernia
21-05-2021, 08:31 AM
Without going into too much detail, I had a wee touch of the Leveins this morning.

it’s getting to me.

fiolex1
21-05-2021, 08:47 AM
I think the Hearts fans are more nervous than us!

swin82
21-05-2021, 08:50 AM
I am very calm and excited for tomorrow. We have a great team and manager who have performed superbly/consistently pretty much all season.

As others have said, nothing will ever top 2016 which gives me more comfort going into this. A win would be incredible, but my life as a Hibs supporter won't be crushed by a loss as we have still ultimately had a brilliant season with European football to look forward to. Roll on tomorrow. Quietly confident we will do it (what a fairytale for St Johnstone if we don't right enough...).

Spot on👏🏻👏🏻

Sir David Gray
21-05-2021, 08:59 AM

I believe Livingston went into the final one point above us.

Unseen work
21-05-2021, 09:21 AM
I’m very calm and confident for tomorrow, which is odd given I’m nervous most games.

Something just tells me we’re winning though.

Boyle, Nisbet, Doidge etc will be too much for them to handle and we’ll be very focussed and organised defensively.

Well score early then sit back and counter them all game before grabbing a second.

2-0.

green day
21-05-2021, 09:28 AM
Something to get you all in the mood. Tissues at the ready -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3b_lw7t2TE

147lothian
21-05-2021, 09:50 AM
What's the story with the St Johnstone players that had to self isolate? Are they back in training? I know that it didn't appear to make much difference to the way they play when they came to Easter Road recently

Peevemor
21-05-2021, 10:02 AM
What's the story with the St Johnstone players that had to self isolate? Are they back in training? I know that it didn't appear to make much difference to the way they play when they came to Easter Road recently

I think they're all clear and have been back in training since the beginning of the week.

hibbydog
21-05-2021, 01:03 PM
I’m calm but impatient for tomorrow.

The week before a cup final always goes slowly, but I’ve never had to do it whilst working from home.

The result is I’m doing no work, climbing the walls and today is going very very slowly.

green day
21-05-2021, 02:00 PM
I have had the day off - stupid - and have tried to keep busy with stuff that didnt really need doing, washed the sheets, all the towels, cooked and frozen some meals and shortly away to pick my wife up from - of all places - Perth.

Been climbing the walls all day. Probably wont sleep tonight.

Might have to drink.

A lot.............................................

Orchard_Hibs
21-05-2021, 05:30 PM
I have me eldest birthday party tomorrow morning, he’s 5 and was very close to being call David grey stokes is on fire paterson, wife going into labour is quite the sobering event. It will be a good distraction before the game to have 10 5 year olds to entertain for the morning.

Glory Lurker
21-05-2021, 05:51 PM
Buzzin.

Bobby's Cinema
21-05-2021, 05:51 PM
Nerves kicked in big time for me all day today.
But I've just heard Jack Ross interview there on sportsound, must be the most relaxed I've ever heard him.
Players and manager in top form here at the right time - sounds like a kid on christmas eve and has me buzzing now :flag:

Jones28
21-05-2021, 06:06 PM
That’s me fully on board the tingly bum train.

Ryan91
21-05-2021, 06:19 PM
Finished up at work and the nerves started jangling.

makaveli1875
21-05-2021, 06:20 PM
Erse hole is now twitching like a rabbits nose

StevesFamau5
21-05-2021, 06:29 PM
Stomach is in knots... Been in and out the crapper for a few hours now. Could be nerves but it could be the amount of coffee I've consumed...

'Mon the Hibees [emoji16]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
21-05-2021, 06:31 PM
It's the Mother-in-Law's distanced birthday gathering in Fife tomorrow. She's a fine woman and it's a fine big family but I won't be there and neither will mini-me.

We've a telly to sit nervously in front of and the kind of gnawing hope-fear-expectation-dread-frenzy Johnny Brownpants experience that watching Hibs in a cup final consists of just cannot be done in the company of the uninitiated.

Come on the 21-22.

Greencore
21-05-2021, 07:00 PM
Stomach in knots, COME ON THE ****ING CABBAGE!!!!!!!!

Bobby's Cinema
21-05-2021, 07:10 PM
Nerves kicked in big time for me all day today.
But I've just heard Jack Ross interview there on sportsound, must be the most relaxed I've ever heard him.
Players and manager in top form here at the right time - sounds like a kid on christmas eve and has me buzzing now :flag:
Trying to convince myself its happening. ****ting it again

HibeesLA
21-05-2021, 07:11 PM
Been watching all the 2016 videos posted on the threads, and starting to get the nerves now. Don't think I've ever gone into a Hibs game feeling 100% confident anyway.

Off to source the pies and Irn-Bru for tomorrow!

FilipinoHibs
21-05-2021, 07:12 PM
Back from the Philippines to get vaccinated and see my sons. Staying with oldest in London. Alcohol tonight to get to sleep. Lots of walking to makecyou sleep but will wake up early. Glad game at 2 to keep wait down.

Lancs Harp
21-05-2021, 07:16 PM
Been watching all the 2016 videos posted on the threads, and starting to get the nerves now. Don't think I've ever gone into a Hibs game feeling 100% confident anyway.

Off to source the pies and Irn-Bru for tomorrow!

Watched a load of 2016 stuff too but not nervous really looking forward to it and despite the hex St johnstone have on us Im very confident our name will be on the cup tomorrow.

'Mon the Hibs

JOD
21-05-2021, 07:30 PM
I'm actually sh___ting myself.
In 2016 I felt different. Nothing to lose etc etc etc.
This is totally different feeling.
God bless Hiberian Football Club.
xxxx

calumhibee1
21-05-2021, 07:35 PM
Watching Time for Heroes just now and am pretty calm about it all.

I think the hoodoo having been lifted has taken off the pressure to an extent.

We’ll win tomorrow. I’m pretty certain of that.

We can’t have any excuses tomorrow. We’ve come on leaps and bounds since the two Hampden debacles this season imo.

gazelle
21-05-2021, 07:48 PM
Bag of nerves already ! Coming from perth i probably have a bit more to fear if we were to lose, with friends and family all st johnstone fans., my 3 year old niece along with her parents are st johnstone season ticket holders. My niece is going through intensive cancer treatment at the moment and today got a special video from calum davidson thanking her for her support and promising to bring the trophy round to her should they win, I've said if they lose not to worry, her favourite uncle will bring it round 😊.....top class from calum and saints though !

04Sauzee
21-05-2021, 07:58 PM
Feeling OK,not because I'm confident we are going to win it just feeling relaxed after a hard week at work and enjoying some family time. Might change tomorrow but what will be will be.

Iggy Pope
21-05-2021, 07:59 PM
Bag of nerves already ! Coming from perth i probably have a bit more to fear if we were to lose, with friends and family all st johnstone fans., my 3 year old niece along with her parents are st johnstone season ticket holders. My niece is going through intensive cancer treatment at the moment and today got a special video from calum davidson thanking her for her support and promising to bring the trophy round to her should they win, I've said if they lose not to worry, her favourite uncle will bring it round 😊.....top class from calum and saints though !

You can’t lose there my friend. :top marks

04Sauzee
21-05-2021, 08:00 PM
All the best to your niece mate , fantastic gesture from Davison.

Greencore
21-05-2021, 08:13 PM
Best wishes to your niece and your family mate.

heretoday
21-05-2021, 09:05 PM
No jitters at all. This season has seen the end of jitters.

I'm looking forward to next season against The Hearts when the jitters may return.

Ronniekirk
21-05-2021, 09:31 PM
Still none for me ,maybe tomorrow morning If I do t dream about the game tonight , that will be a first

Alex Trager
21-05-2021, 09:46 PM
Since we beat Aberdeen.

This.

Criswell
22-05-2021, 12:09 AM
Nerves in shreds. Only alcohol will get me through tomorrow. In fact it's started already. C'mon Hibs lets do this!

jgl07
22-05-2021, 01:38 AM
Annoying that this is the first Hibs final in any competition I have missed since 1992.

I think of Benji in the League Cup final in 2007 and David Gray and Anthony Stokes in the Scottish Cup in 2016.

I blotted out a number of finals I have attended including the Scottish Cup finals in 2001, 2012, and 2013, not to mention the League Cup finals in 1993, 2004, and 2016.

HoboHarry
22-05-2021, 02:37 AM
Never mind hooch for the final, I'm going to have to get cabbaged tonight so I can sleep.......

Wakeyhibee
22-05-2021, 04:12 AM
No jitters here, just anticipation of a great day in Blackpool with the East Lancs lads and a long overdue meet up with my son.

Honestly think this is our day.

Squealing pig
22-05-2021, 04:22 AM
Morning everyone ... let’s do this !!!! 🏆

TObeachesHibby
22-05-2021, 04:25 AM
Best wishes to all the Hibbies, wherever you are. Enjoy the day, enjoy being with your family & mates . :wink::greengrin:agree::flag:

Crunchie
22-05-2021, 04:48 AM
Annoying that this is the first Hibs final in any competition I have missed since 1992.

I think of Benji in the League Cup final in 2007 and David Gray and Anthony Stokes in the Scottish Cup in 2016.

I blotted out a number of finals I have attended including the Scottish Cup finals in 2001, 2012, and 2013, not to mention the League Cup finals in 1993, 2004, and 2016.
You're not alone there, I can go back to the 70s. Up with the birds this morning and never felt more confident going into ANY of the past finals, bar none. GGTTH

Diclonius
22-05-2021, 05:30 AM
Ahh, I thought I wasn't that bothered but as is now apparently customary for cup final days I've woken up at half 5 and already know I won't go back to sleep. Oh well.

CallumLaidlaw
22-05-2021, 05:39 AM
Ahh, I thought I wasn't that bothered but as is now apparently customary for cup final days I've woken up at half 5 and already know I won't go back to sleep. Oh well.

Yep took me 2 hours to get to sleep, woke regularly and since waking again at 6.20am that’s me wide awake. Brutal. But, LETS DO THIS!!!

Just Alf
22-05-2021, 05:40 AM
Well... that's me been awake for almost an hour, couple of gaviscon for the churning stomach..... No chance of sleep, might as well get up..... sigh....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hibee-boys
22-05-2021, 05:41 AM

Ditto, more excited than anything though, potentially 2 Scottish Cups won in 5 years.....who’d have thought it. Nothing will top 2016 but feels like after that day everything else is a bonus.

weecounty hibby
22-05-2021, 05:46 AM
Couldn't get to sleep last night, tossed and turned all night, now been awake for an hour. Going to take th dog out. Cmon tae **** Hibs let's get this done!!!!

Albion
22-05-2021, 05:48 AM
Heyya, just want to say best of luck for today from your new pals down on the south coast.

LeithSqualk
22-05-2021, 05:49 AM
Woke up at 4, watched the highlights of Rangers final too many times, stomach making some wired noises.

Alex Trager
22-05-2021, 05:49 AM
Wide awake.

Bloody annoying. Still feel completely uncertain how this will go tbh.

Lets just get it done.

I think Doidge will score and become a cup winning legend [emoji172]

hibee-boys
22-05-2021, 05:51 AM
Heyya, just want to say best of luck for today from your new pals down on the south coast.

Nice touch, cheers👍

Bridge hibs
22-05-2021, 05:52 AM
Couldn't get to sleep last night, tossed and turned all night, now been awake for an hour. Going to take th dog out. Cmon tae **** Hibs let's get this done!!!!Was awake at half 4, got up at five and took the dog for a walk, he was looking at me and must have been thinking, are you ****ing mad human dad, if only he knew eh 😆🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Bridge hibs
22-05-2021, 05:53 AM
Heyya, just want to say best of luck for today from your new pals down on the south coast.Cheers mate 🇳🇬👍🇳🇬

HibeesLA
22-05-2021, 05:54 AM
Just about to go to bed here (11pm). Try and sleep till 5am and up in time for the 6am kickoff. I know i’m not going to sleep at all ha!

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 05:57 AM

Legend 🤝

calumhibee1
22-05-2021, 05:59 AM
Just about to go to bed here (11pm). Try and sleep till 5am and up in time for the 6am kickoff. I know i’m not going to sleep at all ha!

Must be nice in a perverse way to know that you’re every bit as involved as every other Hibs fan even though your thousands of miles away since were all just sitting watching on the tele!

I’m sure you’d rather there was fans there of course, but will presumably give a different feel to things for folk who are abroad and wouldn’t have been able to get back.

Onion
22-05-2021, 06:08 AM
You're not alone there, I can go back to the 70s. Up with the birds this morning and never felt more confident going into ANY of the past finals, bar none. GGTTH

:agree: Nothing quite like Cup Final morning, despite this being the weirdest of all. If Hibs turn up and play for 90 mins, we win this.

Hard to believe St J have a 100% SC Final record. That's disgusting and will be sorted today :aok:

Greencore
22-05-2021, 06:17 AM
Beer for breakfast!

Nakedmanoncrack
22-05-2021, 06:49 AM
Been awake since 05.00, and frankly crapping it to be honest.
Never been more nervous pre-final, a great weight of expectation this time.

Ronniekirk
22-05-2021, 07:03 AM
Didn’t dream about game and still no nerves Am beginning to think I must be ill

MunsterHibee
22-05-2021, 07:05 AM
Was grand and relaxed last night with a few beers and some tunes. This morning my stomach is doing summersaults.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
22-05-2021, 07:13 AM
Suns out in Edinburgh now...yesterday the weather was more like winter.

Woke up early - cup of tea in the Hibs mug (match day superstition).

I really hope this group of players can do it - they are good enough.

While today will be slightly different with no fans it still has huge significance for the club if we manage to win the cup again.

PatHead
22-05-2021, 07:13 AM
I have been fine and fairly confident all week. That was until yesterday.

I know that if our star players turn up today, we will win. Unfortunately it's our bogey team we are playing.

Just want it over with. Come on Hibs. Just do it.

HH81
22-05-2021, 07:16 AM
Awful nights sleep.

Time is going so slow too.

Bring it on!

Tambo
22-05-2021, 07:30 AM
Dream it was 2-0 with Irvine opening the scoring and Doidge bundling the ball over the line after a scramble in the box.

Will take any result.

GGTTH.

green day
22-05-2021, 07:35 AM
I keep dreaming that we hammer them................then wake up with the jitters :greengrin

I have been like a frightened kitten for days now, need beers to settle me.

Devonhibs
22-05-2021, 07:50 AM
Bricking myself, I am the worlds biggest pessimist. Taking Devonhibs junior to his match at 1000 in Cornwall so will take my mind off things, back about 1300 just in time for the telly box. :agree:

Ray Donovan
22-05-2021, 08:00 AM
Didn’t dream about game and still no nerves Am beginning to think I must be ill

I am the same. Not sure if it's because I'm not going to the game but I've been fairly relaxed about it all. I think 2016 has taken the weight off our shoulders slightly. I will obviously be delighted if we win it and it will be huge for the club though! 2 Scottish Cups in 5 years and a couple of very successful league seasons would cap off a real period of rejuvenation compared to the dark days of butcher etc.

Curried
22-05-2021, 08:00 AM
Just spent the morning installing a new radiator in the car. Forgot to wait for the thermostat to open, before I added the corrosion inhibitor. Result, the coolant overflowed from the reservoir, and turned my driveway Florescent Green……..I have to say the omens are very good :-)

GreenCastle
22-05-2021, 08:04 AM
I’m definitely more relaxed after winning it in 2016. Something I thought we would never see.

Something I will miss today will be seeing all the different Hibs fans travelling along the M8 on different buses with different flags etc.

Not sure if anyone is down Easter Road ? Already seen a few people wearing Hibs tops.

Peevemor
22-05-2021, 08:04 AM
Family do at the house tomorrow and I'm cooking for 10 folk. Out shopping for that this morning as well as taking grass cuttings to the dump so that'll kill some time.

GRA
22-05-2021, 09:40 AM
I'm currently in Berwick-upon-Tweed with the in-laws. Father in-iaw has no interest in football but even he has been convinced to watch the game wearing a Hibees scarf 🤣

EdinMike
22-05-2021, 09:44 AM
I called it, for myself. I want time to speed up. If I concentrate hard enough I might be able to affect the earths rotation !

Fergos
22-05-2021, 10:05 AM
Just spent the morning installing a new radiator in the car. Forgot to wait for the thermostat to open, before I added the corrosion inhibitor. Result, the coolant overflowed from the reservoir, and turned my driveway Florescent Green……..I have to say the omens are very good :-)

Every cloud bud!

Been an unusual build up for obvious reasons but nerves kicking in now. Quietly confident.

Hibs, Hibs, the boys in The Green. The best brand of football the worlds ever seen.

Glory Glory Folks.

lugz
22-05-2021, 10:13 AM
Thank goodness its a 2pm k.o, the morning has been dragging and the nerves are getting too much. Asda has now been with my crate of beer so hoping a couple will calm me down haha

Greencore
22-05-2021, 10:30 AM
I'm currently in Berwick-upon-Tweed with the in-laws. Father in-iaw has no interest in football but even he has been convinced to watch the game wearing a Hibees scarf 🤣
On my way there today, do you know if any pubs are showing it 😂

Jakhog1
22-05-2021, 10:37 AM
Been up since 5am, rubbish sleep, can't sit still for 5 minutes, may crack open the first beer soon

Swedish hibee
22-05-2021, 10:47 AM
Put the radio on this morning, bit of talking but the first song I heard was 'Elbow beautiful day'. Omen, surely?!!

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2021, 10:51 AM
Don’t know if they were below us at the time of the final, but did finish below us in the league that year.

Pretty sure they beat us 4-1 last day

HendoDelivered
22-05-2021, 10:53 AM
****ing it!!

jellybean
22-05-2021, 10:55 AM
So nervous! Just wasting the day until the action starts.

Glory Glory

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-05-2021, 10:56 AM
Usual Saturday morning routine getting my daughters out to dance class. Felt as though it was going in slow motion

Sitting waiting for their classes to finish and properly starting to get nervous now

CMurdoch
22-05-2021, 11:00 AM
Just kicked in!!!!!

FilipinoHibs
22-05-2021, 11:01 AM

Been to finals from 1972 to 2013. Missed 2016 as abroad and this for covid 19. So a good omen.

Peevemor
22-05-2021, 11:51 AM
I stopped smoking over 18 months ago, although I've had maybe a dozen cigarettes or so since while drinking, but without falling back into it.

I could really do with a fag now though!

Bangkok Hibby
22-05-2021, 11:53 AM
I'm pacing. Back on the bevvy too so first can now I've seen the team. Getting a wee bit emotional, wife thinks I'm mental 😀

cabbageandribs1875
22-05-2021, 11:58 AM
I stopped smoking over 18 months ago, although I've had maybe a dozen cigarettes or so since while drinking, but with falling back into it.

I could really do with a fag now though!

stay strong, after many many MANY attempts at stopping smoking over the decades all it took at one attempt was a cigar from my auld man when out for a drink, long story short.. cigars then took the place of fags and that was after my latest attempt back then of being stopped for two years, but presently a full 14 years nicotine-free :cb i detest the smell of smoke now

your lungs will thank you as well

The Pointer
22-05-2021, 11:58 AM
Wondering which Hibs team will turn up as despite third, we've not set the heather on fire. I just hope it's an attacking set-up and not sideways stuff as they're good and will get amongst us if we're anything less than positive.

And breathhhhhh....

Peevemor
22-05-2021, 12:03 PM
stay strong, after many many MANY attempts at stopping smoking over the decades all it took at one attempt was a cigar from my auld man when out for a drink, long story short.. cigars then took the place of fags and that was after my latest attempt back then of being stopped for two years, but presently a full 14 years nicotine-free :cb i detest the smell of smoke now

your lungs will thank you as wellThanks. I'll be fine as there's nothing to smoke in the house anyway.

I might end up getting sozzled though!

surreyhibbie
22-05-2021, 12:11 PM
Game on bbc Scotland?

Stuart93
22-05-2021, 12:12 PM
Game on bbc Scotland?

BBC 1 scotland

pollution
22-05-2021, 12:15 PM
Wondering which Hibs team will turn up as despite third, we've not set the heather on fire. I just hope it's an attacking set-up and not sideways stuff as they're good and will get amongst us if we're anything less than positive.

And breathhhhhh....

My heart is jumping at the moment.

Eyrie
22-05-2021, 12:31 PM
Still chilled.

Ronniekirk
22-05-2021, 12:53 PM
I am the same. Not sure if it's because I'm not going to the game but I've been fairly relaxed about it all. I think 2016 has taken the weight off our shoulders slightly. I will obviously be delighted if we win it and it will be huge for the club though! 2 Scottish Cups in 5 years and a couple of very successful league seasons would cap off a real period of rejuvenation compared to the dark days of butcher etc.

Let’s hope we can do this

whiskyhibby
22-05-2021, 12:57 PM
Quite relaxed doesn’t seem the same sitting at home, but grateful that at least I was at Hampden for the 2016 final

makaveli1875
22-05-2021, 07:23 PM

And breathhhhhh....

It was the same useless sideways passing bottle merchants that turned up the last couple of semis .

magnificent_seven
22-05-2021, 07:28 PM
Cheers for the deleted messages admin. What happened to freedom of speech? Just block out the swears, no?

This club is full of losers. Makes you wonder what the point is. 5 SC finals in the last 20 years. 4 defeats. Can’t even cuddle into the 2016 blanket anymore.

Embarrassing cup final record. Embarrassing club.

3rd place means absolutely nothing now. European football? Big wow.