PDA

View Full Version : Leith Links

GoalsMcGinley
18-05-2021, 10:47 AM
Any plans for a party there on Sunday IF we manage to win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
18-05-2021, 10:48 AM
Any plans for a party there on Sunday IF we manage to win?

I imagine there will be a fair fee that will head there with a carry oot.

Hibbyradge
18-05-2021, 10:50 AM
I heard it's being cordoned off.

GoalsMcGinley
18-05-2021, 10:50 AM

To stop gatherings?

Hibbyradge
18-05-2021, 10:52 AM
To stop gatherings?

Just this weekend.

At Petrie's request, I also heard.

GoalsMcGinley
18-05-2021, 10:52 AM
Just this weekend.

As much as that doesn’t surprise me I can’t see it stopping people tbh. The weather, on the other hand, may well do.

Since90+2
18-05-2021, 10:57 AM
As much as that doesn’t surprise me I can’t see it stopping people tbh. The weather, on the other hand, may well do.

It's not being cordoned off.

Hibbyradge
18-05-2021, 11:28 AM

Cuh!

Last time I trust that source! :rolleyes:

JeMeSouviens
18-05-2021, 12:05 PM
Since our chums the Huns have disgraced themselves yet again, this will no doubt be the ideal time for a police crackdown on "football thugs". :rolleyes:

Win, lose or draw, it's beers in the house for me. Maybe champagne in the street later, I'll invite the Jambo neebs if so. :greengrin

Lendo
18-05-2021, 02:16 PM
Since our chums the Huns have disgraced themselves yet again, this will no doubt be the ideal time for a police crackdown on "football thugs". :rolleyes:

Win, lose or draw, it's beers in the house for me. Maybe champagne in the street later, I'll invite the Jambo neebs if so. :greengrin

I suspect we will see a heavier handed approach taken on Saturday should we win. The police will be out to show they aren’t pushovers two weekends on the bounce.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-05-2021, 02:36 PM
People will and of course are free to make up their own minds.

We are still in this pandemic and thanks to delaying shutting down the flights from India this Death Cult of a UK Government continues.

That allied to the usual one rule for them another for all others we'll likely see political pressure result in heavier handed corralling of Hibs fans from Police Scotland probably means the tabloids will rub their hands in anticipation.

And I hope that doesn't come to pass. Never through twice about heading down to the Links with my wife and kids in 2016. This time I think even I will keep things to my house. I'd have taken a drive down windows down flags horns Sunshine on Leith blaring but I'll need a few beers to keep my nerves on an even keel.

RoYO!
18-05-2021, 02:44 PM
Jump in cars, proclaimers on, flags and scarves out windows, make as much noise as possible. Would love to get our own cup final convoy on the go. 50/50 match tho I reckon.

Sammy7nil
18-05-2021, 02:45 PM

It would take miles of fence to corden of the Links on the off chance we may win the cup :wink:
I agree can’t see that happening.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-05-2021, 02:59 PM
Jump in cars, proclaimers on, flags and scarves out windows, make as much noise as possible. Would love to get our own cup final convoy on the go. 50/50 match tho I reckon.

I remember being in Genoa for work in 1999 getting woken about 1am in the morning with horns blaring outside - I was half asleep and confused in my sleeping stupor thought that the Pope (John Paul II ) had passed away - turned out that Genoa had beaten Sampdoria and a masse of Vespas with flags were tooting their horns lasted ages as they gathered on the Piazza de Ferrari just up from our hotel.

Happy days.

JohnMcM
18-05-2021, 03:19 PM
I remember being in Genoa for work in 1999 getting woken about 1am in the morning with horns blaring outside - I was half asleep and confused in my sleeping stupor thought that the Pope (John Paul II ) had passed away - turned out that Genoa had beaten Sampdoria and a masse of Vespas with flags were tooting their horns lasted ages as they gathered on the Piazza de Ferrari just up from our hotel.

Happy days.

On a similar note. I was living and working in Mauritius (where they are Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal and lately Man City mad) when Man U won that final against Bayern Munich. The same thing happened there that you experienced.

I was back there about 5 years later , this time was that night in Istanbul for Liverpool. 3 days of pandemonium that time.

Stairway 2 7
18-05-2021, 03:50 PM
What laws are being broken if you go to the links and stick to your group of 8

WhileTheChief..
18-05-2021, 03:53 PM

I’d imagine all the roads around ER and Leith Walk will be closed off or heavily restricted access if we win.

Police will be all over the place and lift anyone they suspect of being a Hibs fan. They’ve got to show they can handle football fans after the weekends events in Glasgow.

Mon Dieu4
18-05-2021, 03:54 PM

Outdoor events have a max of 250 or 500 depending on the event, so even if you stick to your group they would class it one of those and shut it down pretty quickly I'd imagine

GoalsMcGinley
18-05-2021, 03:56 PM
Outdoor events have a max of 250 or 500 depending on the event, so even if you stick to your group they would class it one of those and shut it down pretty quickly I'd imagine

What about 100 groups of 500? Level 2 permits gatherings of up to 500

Mon Dieu4
18-05-2021, 04:02 PM
What about 100 groups of 500? Level 2 permits gatherings of up to 500

I think we can safely assume if there is a big crowd of almost any number at the Links making noise it will quickly be shut down, only need to look at the police handling in Leith Walk the night we won the cup and there wasn't a pandemic at the time

Kato
18-05-2021, 04:06 PM
I’d imagine all the roads around ER and Leith Walk will be closed off or heavily restricted access if we win.

Police will be all over the place and lift anyone they suspect of being a Hibs fan. They’ve got to show they can handle football fans after the weekends events in Glasgow.

Helicopters and barbed wire around Henderson Hill I heard.

SChibs
18-05-2021, 04:10 PM

It's not an event though its people going down to Leith Links. If it was due to be 25 degrees on Sunday you can guarantee there would be thousands in the meadows.

If people stick to their groups of 8 in Leith Links then there shouldn't be a problem

Mon Dieu4
18-05-2021, 04:17 PM
It's not an event though its people going down to Leith Links. If it was due to be 25 degrees on Sunday you can guarantee there would be thousands in the meadows.

If people stick to their groups of 8 in Leith Links then there shouldn't be a problem

I know it's not an event, you know it's not an event, but if you have say 500 or so people having a bevvy and making a noise then they are going to claim it's some kind of event and won't go along with the "aye I'm in a group of 8" line

I couldn't care less, I will be in the pub or home reekin but don't want anyone to get their hopes up of some mass party when it's pretty clear what will happen

MagicSwirlingShip
18-05-2021, 04:27 PM
Helicopters and barbed wire around Henderson Hill I heard.

As long as they steer clear of Hanlon Hill

Onion
18-05-2021, 05:07 PM

This is the way to go. Happens right across Germany when they win a game in the Euros or WC, taking over roundabouts and main streets. Looks a sounds great.

Covid friendly as well.

Maybe PS should spend more time preparing the Edinburgh populace for some road disruption to allow Hibs fans to celebrate for a while, rather than threatening to close, shoot and arrest anoyone they see in a Hibs scarf.

Skol
18-05-2021, 05:21 PM
The law of common sense. Please people abide by the rules.

18-05-2021, 05:51 PM
As long as they steer clear of Hanlon Hill

That's right and it's Henderson Corner.

Kato
18-05-2021, 06:01 PM
That's right and it's Henderson Corner.

:doh:

Leithenhibby
18-05-2021, 11:03 PM

Absolutely, it's the way to go.

My air horns arrived today... Just hope I get I get to use them. 😜💚